PDA

View Full Version : ZEN BOOK GROUP --Due by July 7, 2009

Pages : [1] 2

Linda4atc
05-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Due Date: No later than July 7, 2009
Withdrawl Date: NO WITHDRAWLS
Number of participants: 8 (7 pages plus yourself)
INFO: For this swap I will mail you a book with seven blank pages. You will be decorating both sides of the page and mailing directly to each person in the group.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=76401 Here is a picture of the book
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=77761 Here is the practice page for covering the blank page.

I have had this on my mind and in my cupboard for ages. I purchased the cardboard scrapbooks pictured above. The pages are 4 1/2x6 inches, and are unfinished gray and need to be painted with paint, gesso or covered with paper. The covers are mostly black and white but can easily be altered.

# of pages: 7 (both sides on each) you will mail to each person

RULES

**I will be mailing you a book. Since I purchased the book, and will spend the postage this will be a NO WITHDRAWL SWAP (unless it is a REAL emergency)

**There will be a commitment for a 1for1 page trade with each person in the group. itraders will be given when page is recieved, negative itraders will be given if you do not fullfill your part of the trade.

**Due date no later than July 7, so we have some kind of deadline for those of us that procrastinate. But go ahead and make your trades when you get your pages done. No reason to just hang onto them.

ART PART of the RULES
**Do not leave the background gray. I tried painting it with white gesso and did not like drawing on this. Covering with paper works good.
*The page is 4 1/2 x 6 with holes on one edge, the whole page can be decorated with paint or paper and then ...

**A zentangle at least 3 1/2 x 5 1/2inches will be on both sides of the page. You can cover the whole page to if you wish.

** on one side of the page you must have username, it would also be nice to have real name and location if it fits. Try to make it look nice wherever you put it. It will be seen and not hidden like the back of an atc.

** Zentangles may be any theme you wish, black and white with color added is fine unless someone has a request for just black and white.

**with zentangles I see no reason for embelishments or bulk, but if you wish to do something bulky talk to the person recieving it FIRST

** IF anyone wants ONLY Black and White let me know and I'll make a note of it next to your name...

NOTE YOUR ADDRESS WILL BE SHARED WITH THE OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP

post Participants

#2 1) Linda4atc
#14 2) Chatty
#7 3) Robin
#88 4) Kat
#3 5) adifferentstory
#11 6) LindyLu
#5 7) smtheus
#8 8) Patti

Each participant can be found at these post#'s when you are ready to give itraders. An idea taken from Pixeldog.
:D I'm so excited ...:wub: Linda

Linda4atc
05-08-2009, 01:52 PM
OK I signed all of you that I had talked to. :)

Please let me know if you are only interested in Black & White Zentangles for your book, and I'll make a note next to your name.

Also post your pages here before mailing them so we can all enjoy them!!!

adifferentstory
05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm looking forward to doing this.

Linda4atc
05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm so glad you are. I think these books will be fun. I'll be mailing them out Monday or Tuesday. I wish the post office was open on Saturday!

I bought two kinds of envelopes yesterday to see which will work best. But mailing the single pages will be a lot easier.

Bright-Spark
05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Linda4atc, are you still looking for another particpiant? I am interested!

Would international be okay? I appreciate not everyone wants to pay the additional costs re postage.

PM me if you prefer.

Robin
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Should be fun!

Patti
05-08-2009, 04:44 PM
me please
Either way (color and/or B/W) works for me. Even more than one color is good.

Linda4atc
05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Patti Hun I am waiting a pm from Bright spark to be sure all rules were read and understood. But I think the last space has been filled. I'm sorry hun.

Linda4atc
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm going to move this into the active Forum

LindyLu
05-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Fun! Fun! Fun! I'll take B&W, Color, Plaid, whatever:)

Thanks, Linda, for setting this up. I tried to give you a"you rock" but the system wouldn't let me.

Robin
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh I forgot to say " Black and White and Color Zentangles " are fine by me~

adifferentstory
05-09-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm ok with b&w or any colour.

chatty
05-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Hello All, I'm here, Black n White plus Color is fine with me too. This should be fun! Just so everyone know, I am without a computer right now for uploading pictures. I am using a borrow laptop again. ..sigh.. well, at least I can chat with you all and participate.....

Linda4atc
05-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Cool glad you dropped in Chatty. Still missin Kat. Also Kat, Patti and adifferentstory is color on the zens ok with you?

adifferentstory
05-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Fine by me.

JoyFlower
05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
What a fun idea, Linda!! You're all going to end up with some great books!

Patti
05-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Either way (color and/or B/W) works for me. Even more than one color is good.

chatty
05-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Linda, hmm, can we do anything with the background giving it, it's own texture then applying a nice cardstock/paper in the center with our original zen on it???

..OR..does the whole card need to be zentangle?

Also I was wondering, would it be okay to draw a pictorial Zentangle???

I was thinking one side I may have a type of picture zentangle then on the back do a original zentangle with my information in the center of it. What ya think???

LindyLu
05-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Linda: Thank You!!! for putting the post # beside the names. I tell you, I said the other day I was going to give up swaps if I couldn't find a better way to find folks in a thread. Some people never post in a swap, other than to say they want to join. So, I have been going to the 1st page of a swap and working forward until I could find my person. SHEESH!!! You, my dear, have made giving iTraders so much easier:)

Patti
05-10-2009, 09:38 PM
reference: finding people in a swap in order to give them reps. At the top of every page in the swap thread there is a "search" function. Click on that, and type in the username and it will take you to the posts by that person. Hope this helps.

Meanwhile, while I'm cutting papers for the pages, I thought, "How nice if I were able to print my location on the pages with my printer" which led me to think I could print on 4 x 6 pages which then led me to think...."AH HA! Maybe I could print the line at the bottome of a 4 x 6 photo sheet for which my printer has as special printing function." So, I tried using my Sharpie pen on the paper (glossy) and it works great. And it's the perfect size to cover the grey page without covering the holes and all that's needed is to trim the corners.

Sooooooooo. I think I will print the line at the bottom of the pages with the printer so they will look nice. Maybe a fancy, zen-like font.

Linda4atc
05-10-2009, 11:20 PM
I hope all of you ladies have had a good Mother's Day!!!??

LindyLu I got that idea from being in one of Pixeldogs inchie swaps. He does the number of the post next to the names, which is a good thing because the swap is already something like 30 pages long!

Patty That sounds fine. So you will be zentangleing directly on the photopaper? I see no problem with it as long as it works for you. And leaving just a bit of edge where the hole are is fine. I'll have to try that way of finding people in a post. Thanks for the tip!

Chatty You can cover the background any way that works for you. I do have a link in the first post where I tried three different methods on a page. I left my hole punch in the desk in Eureka so when I covered the holes and tried to open them up I thought it looked sloppy. I will probably use a colored or printed scrapbook paper to cover the page then add my 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 zentangle to the page. I really like this idea since I have messed up so many zentangles working with the ink. If I do I won't ruin the page.

Also Kat had mentioned she has more trouble doing bigger zentangles. So I mentioned that she could do one or two drawn zentangled borders on the 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece leaving a smaller area for the main part of the zentangle. And I'm not sure if Kat is ok with color or not, but everyone else is good with color or just black and white.

Joyflower thank you. I wish we had enough pages that everyone could join. I know Bright Spark was a sweetie and let Patti have the last space. I'm sorry both of you couldn't join us to.

Chatty your idea for texture sounds cool. And I think you know I love picture type zentangles. I have fun doing the just design ones, but I am really drawn to a zen that has something recoginizable in it. So a picture on one side and the other side a design zen with your username etc sound perfect!

Did I miss anybody? :) lot's to comment on ...

I am packaging the books to mail and I think they will be on their way tomorrow. If I had started the swap a couple days earlier I could have mailed Friday and beat the rate increase, but I had to much fun and work with the collage-a-thon to get it done sooner. ;)

LindyLu
05-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Just a note to all: I plan to paint my pages then attach the zen. My question>>.Does anyone have preferences for tonal value or color, such as, pastel, dark, neon, all red, etc.? I ask only because if you are a pastel person & my page is hot orange you might be unhappy. I don't mean to make this more complicated but I thought I'd raise the question. For myself, I'd like any color in any tonal value. I think this makes for a great, colorful journal. You can PM me with your preferences, if any.

Patti: thanks for the info re: finding people in the thread. I knew there had to be a better way than what I was doing:)

adifferentstory
05-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Great tips on finding people in the thread. I think i'm going to adopt the post number one. LindyLu. Any colour, any tone for me.

Linda4atc
05-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Where ever your muse takes you LindLu is fine for me.

Linda4atc
05-11-2009, 02:07 AM
The books will be on their way tomorrow. Lynne you will laugh at me. I filled out a customes form the proceeded to seal it up inside the envy. No problem I have another. :duh:

adifferentstory
05-11-2009, 06:06 AM
I'm so glad to know i'm not the only one who does silly things LOL

Robin
05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I always do silly things! It is apart of my life!

Friday when I went to buy groceries and some other things we needed I bought some washing powder. When I got home and got to putting things up I was a bit confussed - why you ask? because I couldn't figure out why the washing powder would not go in the refrigarator ( that would be because it doesn't ) LOL.

Linda4atc
05-11-2009, 03:07 PM
LOL well it sounds like you were must have had a long day Robin. But then again my husband has put his keys in the refridgerator.

chatty
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
..giggle..I have one better Robin, I have been looking for a little blue saucer dish that I feed my poodles out of. I was missing one, turn this house up side down could not find it. Yesterday before we took off on our ride ..giggle.. I open the file cabinet to file some bills, right on top of the files inside the file cabinet was that saucer I was looking for! My husband told me I better keep that one to myself ..giggle..

Great Linda, when I get your little book I'll decide then what I will actually do.

adifferentstory
05-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I left a plastic tray on top of the cooker and put something in the oven. The plastic melted and dripped down the back and into the cooker. We now have a new cooker LOL I was looking for my iridescent medium for days and found it this morning right next to my laptop LOL Don't drill dominoes on the kitchen worktop as you tend to drill into the work surface. Don't spray varnish near the microwave as it gives it a nice glossy finsih. Should I carry on LOL

Patti
05-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Any color is good with me LindyLu.

The tip about finding people in the thread was posted somewhere (I disremember where or who ) when I mentioned the same problem about having to cruise the thread to find folk.

Many years ago, my Thanksgiving turkey was done and I took it out of the oven an put it on a plastic tray to rest. Meanwhile I put bisquits in to bake. After they were done, took them out and put the turkey back in the oven out of the way so I had room on the counter to work. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn the oven off and the turkey was still on the plastic tray. You can guess the outcome. Plastic melted down all over the inside of the oven and the smoke and soot flowed out into the kitchen (with popcorn ceiling) and everything turned black when I opened the oven. We had "blackened turkey". Luckily it was only the outside of the bird. The inside meat was ok to eat. But I was totally embarassed.

Linda4atc
05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Did you know ducks have a LOT of grease in them? The first time I cooked a duck, I had it in an aluminum throw away pan. When I tried to lift it out of the oven the pan bent and spilled grease all over the open oven door. I lived in that apartment for about two years and the oven would still occassionally drip grease from the insulation in the door!

adifferentstory
05-12-2009, 03:44 AM
Oh I feel so at home here with my fellow accident prone friends LOL

GALZART
05-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Did you know ducks have a LOT of grease in them? The first time I cooked a duck, I had it in an aluminum throw away pan. When I tried to lift it out of the oven the pan bent and spilled grease all over the open oven door. I lived in that apartment for about two years and the oven would still occassionally drip grease from the insulation in the door!

My mom used to cook duck and sauerkraut for my step-father. It was such a disgusting sight to see a roaster with the duck surrounded by all the sauerkraut 'swimming' around in the grease!....not my favorite meal. I don't even remember eating it. I probably settled for a baloney sandwich.

chatty
05-12-2009, 02:07 PM
On searching alot of times I just go the Artist profile and post a message to their profile. Now what do they called that. It is not a PM, I know I do this a lot when people leaves a note under my card....works out really fine with me. Other wise when I give a "You Rock" I just go the the group I'm in and do it there.

Linda4atc
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Well the Visiter messages are what you are talking about Chatty. That is a great idea for people leaving comments on cards. I do not recognize the sweet comments often enough and I should.

But I really think you should do a You Rock for any art recieved in a swap so that you are adding to their reputation blips the little green things in the top right corner. A visiter message does not do this.

All that said for this swap since it is going to be direct mailing to each person you will treat it like a PAT and give an itrader when you recieve a page. IF you want you can do the rep/you rock for me when you recieve your books.

adifferentstory
05-12-2009, 04:24 PM
IF you want you can do the rep/you rock for me when you recieve your books.

Now i'm not sure on this but as you are posting the books to us you may be eligable for itrader. I'll check with the other mods and get back to you.

Linda4atc
05-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Well I'll be getting an itrader for my page from each of you. So I'm fine with that.

Linda4atc
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
As I slap palm to temple ... duhh ... I guess all that post number stuff won't matter for this swap since it is itraders you will give each person!

Patti
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
No reason we can't give both Itrade and you rocks (any time Itrades are given, actually) There's a lot of extra work involved in this swap. So extra kudos could be in order.

Linda4atc
05-12-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/4_my_art_001.jpg I've covered my address as you should if you add it to your page..,..

I have not covered a page yet but this is the zentangles for my first page ... who wants it?

adifferentstory
05-13-2009, 01:35 AM
I love dragons Linda so that's a slight hint LOL You have really done well with this page. I love it.

with regards to itrader for Linda, as she is participating she'll get itrader from everyone so we can only leave her reps for sending the book.

Linda4atc
05-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Cool Lynne, the first page goes to you then. I did know you love dragons ;) I have a doctor's apt today and I don't think I'll get the page put together before then. So it will go in the mail next time which could be as late as Monday.

LindyLu
05-13-2009, 11:46 AM
WOW! I love your card, Linda:)
My cards are going to be free-form, not necessarily a picture of anything. Is that OK???

So, are we supposed to post them & ask who wants it? I was going to do all of mine and just send them out. What's the rule here?

adifferentstory
05-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Cool Lynne, the first page goes to you then. I did know you love dragons ;) I have a doctor's apt today and I don't think I'll get the page put together before then. So it will go in the mail next time which could be as late as Monday.

That's fantastic. No hurry though.

Patti
05-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Here's my pictorial whimsical zentangle. Thinking that I might do something similar for each front page and then a plain ol zentangle for the backs. Would that be acceptable?

Robin
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Those look fantastic! Can't wait to get started on mine~

adifferentstory
05-13-2009, 06:12 PM
That's a lovely bright zentangle pattie. You're going to think meboring as I think mine will be normal zentangles LOL I've not progresses further yet LOL

Patti
05-13-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm planning on plain boring old zens for the other side. For this pictorial I got started and then found myself putting the whimsy lessons to work. Fun.

Linda - the addy I have for you is Eureka, Ca. Do you need to send me a new one? Also I have everyone else's address except Smitheus .

Linda4atc
05-14-2009, 12:03 AM
OK Patti I think you whimsical zentangle is adorable, it's such a happy place! I can still get mail in Eureka since my husband is up there every week for work. Although once fire season starts I may not see him or any mail he picked up for weeks on end.

I printed up everyones addresses ond added them and an extra page with each book when I mailed them. Patti I mailed you the list and two pages so you have enough for group plus one as well, and I thank you for letting me know you purchased the book.

Now for all the questions about plain zentangles. I have not made any rules at all. The only restriction I put on this, was IF anyone wanted just B&W. I am still not positive if Kat wants just B&W or color is ok. Everyone else says color is fine with them. You do not have to have a picture in your zentangle. Just put some effort into making your zens fun and interesting.

Anybody else have any questions? I was gone all day today, and a good part of tomorrow will be spent repotting plants and trying to turn some soil so I plant some california poppies. They are blooming all along the roads around here ad I want some of my own!

IHave fun with your Zens, some of you should start recieving the books.

adifferentstory
05-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Can we do our zens landscape if we are doing pictorial ones?

Tamrantula
05-14-2009, 04:19 AM
Linda: Thank You!!! for putting the post # beside the names. I tell you, I said the other day I was going to give up swaps if I couldn't find a better way to find folks in a thread. Some people never post in a swap, other than to say they want to join. So, I have been going to the 1st page of a swap and working forward until I could find my person. SHEESH!!! You, my dear, have made giving iTraders so much easier:)

Just FYI--if you go to the top of any thread page, there is a button "search this thread." (It is just to the right of the "Thread tools" button you use to subscribe to a thread.) Click on that, and you will see a spot that says "advanced search" click on that. Then in the box on the right side--you type in the user name. Then click search. It will bring up a list of all posts written by that user in that thread. Be sure you click on the post link, not the user link at this point! Makes it VERY easy to leave reps or itrader!

LindyLu
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks, Tam. Patti also shared that info with us. I pushed the putton and Voila! works like a charm!!

My cards will all be in landscape form. It appeared to me that the book was punched to receive landscape pics, so that's what I've done.

Tamrantula
05-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks, Tam. Patti also shared that info with us. I pushed the putton and Voila! works like a charm!!

My cards will all be in landscape form. It appeared to me that the book was punched to receive landscape pics, so that's what I've done.

oops--missed her giving the same info! Sorry guys--going back to lurking in the zentangle corner! LOL

adifferentstory
05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
I did a front page one this morning but i'm not going to show until I get the book and make sure I don't ruin it by gluing it onto the page LOL

Robin
05-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Linda4atc - I received my book today! It is so cute, what a great find you made and a wonderfull idea.

I plan to get started on some of my pages next week~

Patti
05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Got my list and the two pages today. Thanks so much Linda. I've been working off and on all day on my front pages. Got 'em all colored, now zening them. I do hope Kat goes for color too, but if she doesn't no problemo. I'll make a b/w for her if necessary. These are such fun.

Linda4atc
05-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm so glad the first ones have arrived. The extra page is in case one gets messed up. Or for you to ad an extra zen, maybe one of your own. Or maybe you can set up a trade of somekind with BrightSpark who was also interested in this project.

Linda4atc
05-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Tammy thank you for the tip even if it was already given ;) it's the thought that counts.

I don't think I answered the landscape question ... I think it all depends on what your muse wants :)

Here is the dragon on the completed page. I folded a piece of scrapbook paper over the edge and up to the holes on both sides. I glued it down with gel medium brushing the mudium over the uncovered part of the page to just to seal it.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_dragon_zentangle_page_for_adifferentstory.jpg

adifferentstory
05-15-2009, 02:20 AM
Wow that looks so lovely on the page.

LindyLu
05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
I really like your page, Linda!

chatty
05-15-2009, 07:20 PM
I just received my book...it is cute!....hmm to bad Bright-Spark could not be part of this. Okay, question:

Does it matter if you Zen Landscape or Portrait?

Hmm, I usually do Zen portrait so those of you that just want it to be landscape please let me know....

As for me, well I don't care if it is Portrait or Landscape...and...regular zen or picture zen is fine also black n white or add color is fine with me too. I just want you all to be creative have fun! ..*smile*..

Robin
05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Anything goes for me Chatty~

LindyLu
05-15-2009, 08:18 PM
My book came today and it's the cutest thing!!! Mine will be landscape 'cuz that's what I duz' LOL. I'll take any kind of zen in any color or B & W. I agree with Chatty...just be creative and have a good time. We all have such different styles, anyway, that this will be a great book, no matter how it's done :)

Robin
05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Mine will not be landscapes but will be Zentangles in my style and I hope everyone will like them~
I love doing Butterflies and Hearts and things like that - hope that is okay with you all~

LindyLu
05-15-2009, 10:45 PM
I'd love your zens any old way you do them, Robin!

An assortment of landscape & portrait, color & b & w would make a lovely book.

I'm looking forward to a collection of everyone's own, unique style:)

chatty
05-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Ooops, ..*smile*.. I need to be clearer...

The book size is 4x6 does it matter how we draw in it size wise???????

1. 4x6 is landscape
2. 6x4 is portrait

I do most of my drawing in the Portrait size 6x4 is this okay with everyone?

smtheus - I don't know if there is such a thing zen font? Make one up ..*Smile*..

adifferentstory
05-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I asked this earlier chatty and it doesn't matter which.

My book came this morning. It's so cool

Linda4atc
05-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Chatty you can turn it either way, portrait or landscape and it can be 4x6 or if you are adding the zen to a background covered page it can be 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 so the border shows.

LindyLu
05-16-2009, 08:53 PM
OK, kiddoes, I decided to use a theme. The theme is whimsical, colorful suns. They will all be different & colorful. The backs will be B&W in my typical zen form...all mixed up. LOL! Here's a front & a back. These 2 won't necessarily be together..just wanted to show what I plan to do.

Linda4atc
05-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Nice Job Linda, are you doing the Whimsy workshop? or just a bit of your own whimsy?

LindyLu
05-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Linda. No, I'm not doing the workshop. I just started doodling a bit and this developed. I seem to get better results when I let that happen. :)

chatty
05-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh my LindyLu that is adorable.

..sigh..well I paid for the whimsy classes but with my computer down I had not much luck doing them. I do go in and read a tad but well, just a tad discourage may I say.

adifferentstory
05-17-2009, 02:57 PM
What a shame Ranie. When you get your computer sorted you can do it then. The videos are available for about a year.

LindyLu
05-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks, Chatty.
I'm bummed out for you, my dear, about your computer. I do hope you get it back soon & that it's trouble free. There comes a time when a new one might be cheaper..just like cars. It's good that you'll have plenty of time to do the Whimsey class.
I'm looking forward to seeing you pics.:)

Linda4atc
05-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes Chatty I knew that your Whimsey classes were delayed because of that darn computer. I'm so sorry that it keeps acting up. I don't know what I'd do without mine, but I sure do hate the macines themselves!!!!!

Robin
05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Lindylu - those are so cute~

chatty
05-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks you guys, it is good that the class will be up for a year. Yes, LindyLu I believe next time I will buy a new computer. I just did not want to go to VISTA due to having to change my scanner and printer since they are not VISTA compatible. ..sigh..

Linda we are to exchange with everyone on our list right???? I want too!

I don't know why I have it in my mind that we are to make 7 to exchange with.

adifferentstory
05-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes we are making for everyone on the list except ourselves unless of course we want to, which is why we got the extra page.

I bought a re-con xp computer which had a years guarantee so I didn't have to upgrade my printer. Trouble was my printer died a week after I got it so still ended up having to buy a new printer LOL I've got a laptop now so the re-con is sitting there redundant. Anyway I now have a back-up.

LindyLu
05-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks, Robin:)

Chatty: why not go XP? I hear Vista is a bear to deal with. Homer can probably steer you in the right direction, if it's necessary to buy a new one.

adifferentstory
05-18-2009, 04:45 PM
I swore i'd never go vista but now I have the laptop I do actually love it. Once your used to it then it doesn't cause any problems. They have ironed out most of the teething troubles. I think they launched it too soon.

Patti
05-18-2009, 11:42 PM
I have Vista on this laptop, and have not had any problems with it in the almost two years that I've had it. It did take a little getting used to tho.

For the last few days I have been working on these zens to the total exclusion of everything else including anything around the house. I have finished eight front pages and five and 3/4 back pages. Only 2 1/4 left to go. Then I will mail them all at the same time. All my front pages are along the line of the one I already showed you, tho all are different - no two alike. The back pages are black on white and I'm pretty happy with the way they are coming out. Once they are all done, I'll do a scan and share it with you'all.

Linda4atc
05-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Yes sweetie you have seven people to trade with. You will be number eight. I gave everyone an extra page in case they messed one up.

Linda4atc
05-18-2009, 11:57 PM
I was thinking if several of are willing to do an extra page, and she wants to, I can send BrightSpark a book. It will not be part of the required group for those of you who feel enough is enough already :laugh:

adifferentstory
05-19-2009, 02:11 AM
So far i've got 3 1/4 fronts done. I'll most likely mail all mine at once.

kat
05-19-2009, 08:15 AM
I have been zenning away in a vacuum. Here y'all are chatting away. I'll be happy with any zen that represents each of you & your artistic style.

My book hasn't arrived yet, so I've been making zens that I will either add to or trim down to fit.

I'll scan what I done so far & post it later today.

kat
05-19-2009, 09:20 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_katzen9.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_katzen8.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_katzen7.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_katzen6.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_katzen5.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/large/1_katzen4.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/2_kat-zen3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/2_katzen2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/2_katzen1.jpg

LindyLu
05-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Kat, those are knock-outs!!!

Robin
05-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow those look great!

I am so embarrased - you all have already started on yours and I hadn't!
I planned to this week but want get them all finished this week.
We do have untill July 1st to mail them all out right? I will have mine ready to mail out way before then just not this week LOL.

I will make an extra for Bright Spark~

Patti
05-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Here are my pages which I will mail as soon as I can find envelopes the right size (I'm sure I have some in my studio - just have to search them out.

Here are the first four. The rest in the next post, since it only lets me post five at a time. Wonder how Kat got all hers in one post. hmmmmmm?

Patti
05-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Here are the other four.

The last one is the one I'm keeping for my own book.

I'll be happy to make an extra page for Bright Spark. I was going to do so anyway.

Robin
05-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Those are great!

Linda4atc
05-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Well let me PM BrightSpark now and be sure she still wants in!

Kat and Patti those are great! Robin don't worry, yes I have due by July 7, so there is no stress. I only have one done so far. I have to get my Kings done for the hand drawn playng cards swaps.

LindyLu
05-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Patti: very nice!

I can make one for Bright-Spark, no problem. I'll use the extra page that you sent & I can make a page out of heavy cardboard for myself.

I think we'll probably need to use padded mailers. I can't find an envie that will take the width of the board. What are the rest of you planning to use?

Linda4atc
05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
I purchased 6X9 yellow clasp type envelopes, got 8 in a package andI'm not 100% sure but I do think I got them at the Dollar tree. I was also thinking they would probably fit in old christmas or bithday cards for mailing.

Linda4atc
05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
I think it is a good idea to put them in a plastic bag of some sort. maybe a sandwich bag? you can cut off the zipper to remove the bulk and tape it closed.

Patti
05-19-2009, 09:58 PM
They fit nicely in the sandwich bags I have. I found some envelopes that were originally meant for mailing calendars. They measure 6.5" x 6.5" and one page fits in beautifully, I just fold over the flap so it's about 6.5" c 4.5". And will mail for one "forever" stamp each. So perhaps I will mail these all tomorrow and make one for Bright Spark, for whom I will need an address.

I have a friend who used to work at Walmart in the greeting card dept. She actually worked for Hallmark. When they sent back unsold cards the envelopes were discarded, and she shared them with her stamping friends. So I have lots of odd sized envelopes and even remember to use them once in a while. And that's how I happen to have envelopes just the right size for mailing the zen pages.

adifferentstory
05-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Fantastic zens Kat and patti. Make mine look very boring as they are all very similar.

Patti
05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
well, just can't do the same ol thing twice, never mind 7 times. Had to change each one a bit from the others.

adifferentstory
05-20-2009, 12:56 AM
I don't have enough ideas to do everyone totally different LOL

kat
05-20-2009, 11:17 AM
I found a box of envelopes at WalMart that are designed for greeting cards. They measure 5 3/4 x 8 3/4. Isn't that big enough? My book still hasn't come. I'm driving the postman crazy :twitcy:.

LindyLu
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks for all the info on envies. I'll check around & see what I can find.

I need Bright-Spark's address, also.:)

Linda4atc
05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all the info on envies. I'll check around & see what I can find.

I need Bright-Spark's address, also.:)

Bright Spark has not yet answered the pm I sent yesterday, I do not know for sure that she still wants in on this .... so don't rush on making one for her.

Kat yes that envy is big enough for the pages. I to am starting to worry too, since all were mailed at the sametime. It was a big cardboard envelope (9x12 ?) with the book opened out flat for less bulk.

Robin
05-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Everyone sure is busy busy!

I actually worked on my pages last night! I covered one side of the boards with scrapbook paper and the other side with construction paper. All I have to do know is the Zentangle pages their selves.
Can't wait to get started on them~!

kat
05-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Linda -- I went to Dollar Tree & searched through every item on two aisles. Buried in a large bin in the second aisle were two photo ablum books. I think they're like the ones you found. THe description is the same. Do yours tie together with ribbons?

Linda4atc
05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
yes the photo is the link in the first post. It is the same I'm pretty sure. All you will need then is the list of addresses?

kat
05-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes, please.

LindyLu
05-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Here's another colorful, whimsical sun zen & a B&W back for the book.

Linda4atc
05-22-2009, 12:11 AM
That sun is so pretty!

LindyLu
05-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks, Linda. I thought a bit of sunshine in everyone's book would be a good thing:)

chatty
05-22-2009, 01:19 AM
Robin I have not started mine yet. Plan to start this weekend though.

Boy do I feel dumb, here I was counting myself...giggle...okay I gave everyone a good laugh. Count me in for BrightSpark if she joins us.

Linda4atc
05-22-2009, 01:27 AM
I still think she will but she is out of town til the 26th or so.

Robin
05-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Pages looking great~

I plan to start on mine tommorow~ Suppose to be raining most of the weekend and I have nothing to do except church on Sunday.

You all have a wonderfull weekend~

kat
05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Patti's super zen page arrived today! Very cool & very fast!

Robin
05-22-2009, 08:03 PM
I got Patti's page today also - amazing! You did a great job and you are supper fast~

I started working on mine this morning~ Hopefully I can have them ready to mail out in a couple of weeks~

Patti
05-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Glad they are finding their new homes. They are moving through the postal system pretty fast. That's a surprise. Once I got started on them I just couldn't stop. Now I can just sit back and enjoy yours when they arrive.

chatty
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Okay, I just went through everyone profile, I now have an idea what I am going to do.

Linda4atc
05-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Okay, I just went through everyone profile, I now have an idea what I am going to do.

Now you have my curosity up.... I did the dragon after looking at adifferentstories profile, I was going to look at all the profiles but my muse side tracked me. I then decided I would offer it because I think a lot of people like dragons. ...

It's been a very long day today. I went into Ukiah to get my car serviced, do laundry and some other errends. I may get to look at profiles tomorrow and see 9if my muse steps up to the plate again ;)

Linda4atc
05-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Patti's super zen page arrived today! Very cool & very fast!

Wow that page got there fast, (as I hope all the pages get to their new homes fast) I wonder what happened to the book .......:unsure:

I sent BrightSpark a book today. I do not know for sure if she wants to participate until she gets home. I did not send the addresses, I will pm those to her if she does join in. I told her I thought most but maybe not all of us would trade pages with her. SO IF you already have enough on plate you are not commited to adding an extra one. Just pm me (or BrightSpark) if you do think you'll be able to do an extra trade.

Linda4atc
05-23-2009, 12:46 AM
I was just openeing the mail I picked up today and I too got Patti's page! Everyone make sure to leave itraders when you recieve a page! Thanks Patti!

adifferentstory
05-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Hopefully i'll get to work on a couple more this weekend. Well today anyway as i'm out tomorrow LOL

Robin
05-23-2009, 12:23 PM
I have started on mine~ I worked some last night and plan to work on them this weekend and hopefully I will have mine all ready to mail out within a couple of weeks.

Patti
05-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Linda, you did a great job coming up with the concept of the ZenBook swap and getting books out to all so we can all participate. This has been an exciting experience for me. I believe you definitely deserve ITrade points for having the idea and supplying the goods to all, and another later when we receive your page.

adifferentstory
05-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Linda, you did a great job coming up with the concept of the ZenBook swap and getting books out to all so we can all participate. This has been an exciting experience for me. I believe you definitely deserve ITrade points for having the idea and supplying the goods to all, and another later when we receive your page.

Sadly we can't give linda 2 lots of itrader. I did ask.

Linda4atc
05-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Here is my second and my third pages ... Who wants them???

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/6_my_art_001.jpg Scissors for Chatty
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/3_my_art_002.jpg Flower available

Robin
05-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm so excited! I got all my pages finished~ :jiggy:
I will get all these mailed out this week!

Know to attach the photos:

Robin
05-26-2009, 08:55 AM
And the backs:

chatty
05-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh wow you all are busy...working on mine...

Linda is the scissors still available? I would love to have that one.

Very nice Robin I love them all..giggle..

Patti I received your page, it great! I love it....Thanks!

Bright-Spark
05-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey, just popping in to say thanks to Linda for mailing a book to me and Pming that some of you might be willing to trade pages for me on a 1:1 basis.

I am really happy to do some pages for anyone who PMs me to let me know.

Since I don't have the book yet, either be patient, or let me know the size so I can work on a page before the book arrives.

Thanks all, and especially to Linda4atc!!

Linda4atc
05-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Chatty it's yours. Does anyone want the Flower?

Robin Those are great. I like the the flower on the left or the one with three hearts best.

BrightSpark Welcome home hun. If you want to get started early you can do the Zentangles on a 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch paper. When you get the book, cover or paint the plain page then add the premaid zentangle. All that is covered in the first post including a couple of links to the book and things I tried on the page.

LindyLu
05-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Great cards, ladies! Do we need to actually choose the cards that we want? I'd like to be surprised with what I receive instead of knowing ahead of time. I also planned to mail mine all at once in random order but, if you want to pick and choose I'll go with that, I guess.

Linda4atc
05-27-2009, 01:12 AM
LindyLu hun, No, there is no rules either way. You can just mail out your cards any way you want. I'm offering mine up if they really interest someone they will speak up. If not when I have them all done send them out whats left randomly to.

Linda4atc
05-27-2009, 01:23 AM
These are not glued down yet, I did one landscape and one portrait style, But I don't think it will matter in the book with all the others... http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/7_my_art_001.jpg Flower and Dragonfly for Kat

Linda4atc
05-27-2009, 02:08 AM
OK I hate to say this but any mail I recieve in the Philo POBox in June and maybe the first two weeks of July will probably not be recieved until sometime in JULY!!! I did not know my recovery time maybe as much as six weeks. I can not do all the things needed to stay in the trailer during this time. If you have not mailed yet I can give my Eureka address ....

If I am feeling good, and my husband gets time off we may may a quick trip down here but it's a big IF.

adifferentstory
05-27-2009, 02:56 AM
Lovely Zens Linda and Robin.

If you prefer me to mail your to Eureka then let me know the address.

adifferentstory
05-27-2009, 06:48 AM
I received Linda's and Patti's wonderful ATC's this morning. Thank you both so much.

Patti
05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
I love all the pages I have seen but am not asking for any specific ones. Like LindyLu, I'm happy to be surprised when they reach my mailbox.

Robin
05-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I put all my USA pages in the mail this morning~
I will put Adifferentstorys and Bright Sparks in the mail one day next week on my next visit to the post office.

Linda4atc! I don't remember which one I sent you~ I am sorry I should have waited and then I would have known the one you wished to have.

Linda4atc
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Robin it is no problem they are all great! I'm loving all the pages I've seen.

Bright-Spark
05-28-2009, 02:53 AM
I am also willing to send one to Bright Spark - sorry I didn't reply sooner I have been completely swaped getting "stuff" done.

Thanks smtheus!

I will take Linda's advice and wait till my book arrives before starting the pages for everyone who wants one, that way I can be sure they will fit your book. Plus, I would like to check out profiles so I can do something appropriate for each one of you!:)

Thanks again for letting me play!!!

adifferentstory
05-28-2009, 05:36 AM
I'll have to get back to you on doing you a page bright-spark. If I can't get it done before the swap due date we could do a personal trade after if you like.

Bright-Spark
05-28-2009, 07:09 AM
I didn't have to wait long for Linda's book....It arrived this morning!

I am easy about timing. I appreciate I have come in late, so we can easily do page swaps when anyone is ready?

Linda4atc
05-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I didn't have to wait long for Linda's book....It arrived this morning!

I am easy about timing. I appreciate I have come in late, so we can easily do page swaps when anyone is ready?

You say you came in late, like you had something to do with it. LOL I should have just added you right at the start but I didn't know if I could find more books to give out the extra pages (each book only had 6 pages) and since it ws a no drop commitment I was afraid to add to many names and stress people out.

I'm very glad you able to join the fun even it is a tiny bit of a late start. Hugs...:D

chatty
05-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Ooops! I better get busy, The due date is right upon me...

Bright-Spark I have added you on my list. Will you PM me your address...

Linda4atc
05-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Chatty you still have over a month they are due July 7th. But it is probably a good idea to at least start them ;)

kat
05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Hi, Everyone! Since I bought 2 books, I gave one of them to the young lady that I tutor. She's a super artist already, even though she's only 15. She participated in my animal swap. Here are the cards she created:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_akaRiley_animals.jpg
She goes by the user name of Riley (a character from a novel she's writing!!!). Riley's art is currently being exhibited in a county-wide exhibit at local college. One of the two pieces is her first pen-&-ink drawing.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/large/1_pic_riley.JPG

I love to encourage young people to learn, and she said at the end of my All Ages Swap that she wanted to trade again. Soooo, I called Riley tonight and asked if she'd be willing to trade pages with artists in this group. She says that she can make 3 pages before the deadline. Anyone else want to join me in encouraging this terrific young lady? (All the correspondence would be through my address, etc.)

PM or post to the thread if you're interested.
Take care.
kat

Linda4atc
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Sure I'll trade with her. I have some extra pages. But I should get the group done first. ;)

Patti
05-28-2009, 08:36 PM
I'll trade with her too.

BTW ladies, LindyLu asked me about my paper. I used glossy photo paper. I used Sharpie ultra fine black for outlines and Tombow watercolor markers for color. I had no problems with the ink beading or not sticking. And no smearing either. BUT her question made me think that I probably should have sealed the pages since I did use watercolor markers. I didn't and they seemed to be fine (but I didn't test them or try splasing them). But you might want to seal them yourselves, just in case. If I use this method in the future, I will seal them to be sure.

kat
05-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks Patti & Linda. I'll let Riley know.

Linda4atc
05-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Ok BrightSpark looking at your profile got my muse going last night ... this is your Seahorse Page
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Seahorse_Zentangle_Page_for_BSpark.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Back_of_Seahorse_page.jpg forgot to scan both sides together before I glued them to the page. They will be in the mail today.

Patti since I already have your page I'm going to try to get yours next.

Please Send any future pages to my Eureka address, several of you already have it if I'm not here to give it to you ask the others. After today I will most likey not get any mail sent to Philo until the middle of July. Unless my husband gets a chance to run down here and pick it up.

chatty
05-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Linda4tc - Ooops send me your Eureka address....

July 7th oh my I thought I read June 7th ..giggle.. that's a relief! I have 2 done one for Robin and one for Smtheus....

Kat, if your young artist would like to make another one after the due date for me I would love to trade with her too.

I made templates of this book we are doing, this way I can add pages or make a new book.

kat
05-29-2009, 03:24 PM
smtheus & chatty -- Thanks. I'll let Riley know.

Robin
05-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Adifferentstory and Bright Spark - I took your pages to the Post Office today so they are on their way!

kat
05-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Robin -- Your wonderful floral zen arrived today.

I mailed off all pages except one for Bright Spark.

Bright Spark -- I have managed to make another page. PM me if you want to trade.

I'm off to Charlotte with my son to pick up the mail, mow the grass, see his sons, etc. I'll be back in touch by Tuesday.

chatty
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Bright-Sparks don't forget to PM me your address.

LindyLu
05-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Robin, I received your pretty floral zen today. Thank you!

Robin
05-30-2009, 08:23 PM
I am so happy they are arriving and that you all like them~

Patti
05-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Hello Bright Spark. I need your address. Pretty please.

kat
06-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Linda4atc --

Your wonderful zens awaited me when I returned home. I love the dragonflies & their surrounding designs. I'm especially intrigued by the one that looks like old English boxwood leaves. I'm going to try to master your technique.

I'm sending prayers & good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks, too, for the extra page for Riley. She'll be here tomorrow for her geometry lesson. She says that she prefers my lessons to school because they come with kittens and cookies... and now with atcs as well.:rolleyes:

Robin
06-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks Smtheus - I used sharpies!

Patti
06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I received Kat's page today and it's another beauty. Thanks so much Kat. I'm almost ready to send Riley's page to you. Perhaps tomorrow.

adifferentstory
06-04-2009, 07:16 AM
I received my wwonderful book pages from Robin and Kat this morning. I just love them.

LindyLu
06-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Has anyone heard from Bright-Spark re: her address???

Bright-Spark
06-05-2009, 07:40 AM
I received wonderful pages from Robin and Linda4atc today!

I will get a move on with yours, and should have them in the mail early next week.

Patti
06-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Riley and Bright Spark's pages were mailed 'tother day, maybe Wednesday.

LindyLu
06-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I received Kat's beautiful page today. Thanks, Kat, you know I love your work!:)

Linda4atc
06-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Just a reminder ... Everyone is giving an itrader to the people they recieve pages from?

LindyLu
06-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I have been giving them but I'm not clear on how we are to do yours. Since we can't give you 2 of them, shall I give an iTrader for your card & mention what a wonderful host you are for the swap...because, of course, you are:) I just want to be sure that anyone reading your iTrader understands what a bang-up job you have done, even while having surgery.

I hope your recovery is going well.

LindyLu
06-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh I forgot, so far the cards I have received have been in portrait form. Mine are all in landscape form so I may be the only odd-ball in your zen book. Sorry if that throws a kink into it.:unsure:

Linda4atc
06-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Yes you give my itrader when you recieve my page. I'm thinking if you wish to do it as a player that works to. If you wish to do a rep point for the recieving the book that is also an option. But in truth I do not worry so much about my itraders other than the first few months where I needed a number of itrader points to host or participate in a PAT.

chatty
06-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I have receved pages from:

Linda4at, Kat, Robin Great cards!

I'm working on mine ..*smile*..

LindyLu I am going to make your card landscape for you and I do not mind getting a landscape cards either. Also I gave Linda4atc 2 iTrader...one as a Host, the other as a player since she is trading with each and everyone of us.

Linda4atc
06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Bee_Zentangle_Page.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Back_of_Bee_Page.jpgBee zentangle Page for Robin

adifferentstory
06-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Lovely zens Linda. I have just finished my 4th so only 3 more to go.

chatty
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Very nice zen Linda I'll take the Bee ..giggle.. Ooops! I already have mine ..giggle..

I sent off Robin (Mushroom) and Smtheus (butterfly) pages....

They are in my Gallery, to large to post here. ...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=500

I'm working on LindyLu and I have Patti done....will post when I have LindyLu done.

I will be mailing these out as I get them done you all and post here when I mail them out.

Bright-Spark
06-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I received a wonderful page from Patti today, many thanks!!

Can I please ask for some patience in getting pages sent out to you all? I am getting a bit stressed that the UK ArtFest is this Friday and time seems to be slipping away from me!

I will do them next week, and post when I have them in the mail.

Linda4atc
06-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Sparky Honey they are not Due till the 7th of July.... and I'm sure things can be worked out if you need more time. Don't stress enjoy the ArtFest then you can enjoy this afterwards.

LindyLu
06-09-2009, 02:48 PM
My cards are going out today.

Thanks, Linda, for a fun swap idea. I'm looking forward to putting all the pages together in this cute little book.
Take care of yourself & I wish you a speedy recovery.:)

Patti
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
No hurry here. take your time everyone. I try to get things done ASAP so I don't forget to do them and have to rush at the last minute. Rush isn't good for me. Of course, then I forget which swaps I joined and when packets arrive I am surprised. Not a problem, really Just a joyful surprise.

Linda4atc
06-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Yes Patti I often have my swaps turned in way before they quit taking sign ups. It is nice not having a big swaps-to-do list preventing you from joining other swaps if you want.

kat
06-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi Patty! Got your page and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!
-Riley

Bright-Spark
06-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Thanks Linda4atc. I was just concerned and slightly guilty that others had sent pages, and I had not even started yet!

If the mail behaves, they should be there before the 7th July.

chatty
06-10-2009, 11:35 AM
All right I'm not the last one to start ..giggle.. Bright-Spark don't feel rush, have fun at the UK ArtFest and tell us about it. Wish I could go to the one in the USA just too far away.

Robin
06-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I received my page from Chatty today also - Beautifull~

Linda4atc
06-11-2009, 11:33 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/10_my_art_001.jpg Circles Page available

Linda4atc
06-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Looks like I only have two more to make and then there will be enough for everyone.

chatty
06-12-2009, 01:23 AM
All right my first 2 pages have arrived at their new home. ..*smile*..

kat
06-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Susan -- I'm glad to know that it arrived safely.

kat
06-12-2009, 10:54 AM
LindyLu -- Your delightful zen page arrived today. While my spouse is not overly fond of zens in general, he was really taken with your beautiful sun zen. He said, "Well now, that just makes me happy!!!"

Lately, he & I have been having conversations related to redecorating our home. His highest praise is that something makes him happy when he sees it, each time he walks into a room.

I love it too. Thanks.

chatty
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Two more have been mail these are going out to:

LindyLu
Patti

They are in my gallery, to large to post in here. Here is the link:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=500

Linda4atc
06-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Kat - I am sooooooo sorrrrrrry - I thought I had posted that I received your page on the board and I don't see it there. Yes I received your page and I love it - the cat on the back is adorable!

Don't forget to give an itrader.

LindyLu
06-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Chatty, I absolutely love it! Thank You!!

Kat, I'm pleased to know the sun zen makes you & hubby happy. That was exactly my intent. I just thought a bit of whimsey would be a good thing:)

Patti
06-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I received TWO (count 'em 2) wonderful zen pages today. From LindyLu and Chatty. Linda's delightful happy sun brings sunny smiles and Chatty's delightful green and pink kitty is just up my ally. More smiles. Thanks ladies. Love 'em and really enjoying my mailbox these days with all those special zens coming my way.

BTW. LindyLu, just out of curosity... Are you a leftie?

Linda4atc
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
So glad you are enjoying the pages Patti. I need to get zen motivated, been lazy. Watching a lost of instant watch netflik since I can't get it at the property.

LindyLu
06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Patti, handwritting,No..politically,Yes!!!;):D:wub:

Robin
06-15-2009, 08:02 PM
LindyLu - I received your beautifull page today! thanks so much!

Patti
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
I was referring to handwriting, not politics. Thanks for the response. Something in your page made me think some your strokes look like they were don't lefthanded.

LindyLu
06-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Robin:I'm happy that you like it. Thanks for the nice comment.

Patti: I'm pretty sure I knew what you were refering to...just thought I'd throw in the extra info:)

LindyLu
06-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Chatty, I picked up your "Under the Sea" page at the PO today & it's just as great in person as it is in your gallery. Thanks!!

chatty
06-17-2009, 01:41 AM
All right, thank you LindyLu....

..and I just picked up your beautiful delightful Sun page it is amazing I love it. Thank you!

Linda4atc
06-17-2009, 02:08 AM
I got mine to!!! Sorry I didn't mention it sooner!

chatty
06-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Is everyone leaving REP and iTrader for each other. We are trading with each other ..*smile*.. and you can leave Linda4atc a Host Swap iTrader too.

Linda4atc
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry Chatty, I can get either host or trader for page but only one from each of you. You can give me a rep for the other. hugs...

adifferentstory
06-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I received Lindy Lou's wonderful page today.

I'm aiing on getting my zens finished by the weekend so I can get them in the mail on Monday.

LindyLu
06-18-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm glad to hear that my cards are arriving at their new homes safely. Thank you ALL, for the nice iTraders:)

Patti
06-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Just a quick note to say the Linda4atc's exellent page arrived and is very neat.

Linda4atc
06-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Glad it got there Patti. I need to get busy on the last couple of pages. I have this bad habit of spending hours browsing the forum and galleries when I am to tired or vegged out to be productive.... problem is I'm not getting anything done, and I'm probably adding more trades and swaps on my plate when I do!

adifferentstory
06-27-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm struggling doing the last ones. I just have no inspiration whatsoever. I need to get a move on as it's getting very close to the deadline.

Linda4atc
06-28-2009, 04:14 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_red_flower_zentagle_page.jpg Got another page done.

Linda4atc
06-28-2009, 09:41 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Turquoise_Zen_Page.jpg Awsome I got the last one done!! Remember everyone the pages should be done and mailed(postmarked) by the 7th of July. There could be a short grace period for shipping time but it's not fair to make people wait past a due date.

LindyLu
06-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Linda, those are great...no surprise there!!
I have received 4 pages so far, and I'm looking forward to receiving the rest of them,soon!:)

Linda4atc
06-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Thank you Linda, I'm not sure which one I put in your envelope but you and Smtheus will be getting these two.

chatty
06-29-2009, 12:20 AM
I have 2 more to make then I'll have mine all done...I do have Kat and Addifferentstory done just not posted or mailed. I have left to do Linda4atc and Bright Sparks....*smile*..

adifferentstory
07-01-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm heading for trouble here and don't think i'm going to complete them all on time. I have 4 and a half done so far and will get the 4 out by this weekend. I have nerve damage starting up in my right thumb. It's so painful and it ceases up. I had the same thing in my left thumb and it was over 6mths before it settled down and the pain went. I hope this one isn't as long. plus I ended up with muscle wastage in the left thumb. Everything is just taking me so long to do. I'm getting there with things but it's taking time. I've had to not make cards for two of the swaps i'm hosting. i'll put the names in a hat and draw out who will get the 4 already done and then i'll just have to get through the others as quick as I can. I hope you can be understanding about this.

Linda4atc
07-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Ohhh ouch! I'm in no hurry hun, I'm not going anywhere. I so hope you get better in record time!!!

LindyLu
07-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey Lynne, you can put mine on the back burner until your hands are better. Like Linda4atc, I'm in no hurry & it gives me a reason to watch for the mail. Most of my mail is junk mail (excluding mail from AFA, of course), so waiting for your card to arrive will be a fun bit of anticipation for me:)

kat
07-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Riley's coming by on Friday to finish up her pages. We tried to get together earlier, but our schedules didn't mesh.

adifferentstory
07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Thank you Linda and Lindy.

Linda4atc
07-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Ohh Susan, I'm so sorry, I just checked my pm's and I don't have it with me. I did not bring my rolodex to Eureka. I won't be back to the trailer for another two weeks.

Sparky, you lurking out there? Could someone give smtheus Bright-Sparks address please?

chatty
07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Oh my Linda, don't worry about my card either. I'm not going anywhere either...

I am done with all my cards and they are ready to be mail out. To view please go check out my gallery...
Just wanted to add that I really had fun looking at everyone profile and drawing these pages for each one of you.

adifferentstory
07-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Chatty.

Can I have your Eureka address too Linda?

It is very slow going for sure but I have to keep the thumb moving as it's even more painful when it ceases. Just very slow going. Believe it on not but using my thumb for the space bar doesn't hurt LOL so at least my typing ability hasn't slowed down LOL

Patti
07-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Lynn, I'm in no hurry either. Chill sweetie. No pressure. It's more important to get well.

adifferentstory
07-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Thanks Patti.

Robin
07-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Adifferentstory - I am in no hurry either so take your time and get some rest~

adifferentstory
07-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Yours is one of the ones that are ready to mail. I'm hoping my husband will have time on Tuesday.

kat
07-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Riley mailed out pages to Patti & Linda4atc today. She's working on the ones for smtheus & chatty.

Linda4atc
07-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Cool is it comming to Eureka? I'll keep an eye out for it. If it's going to Philo I may not get it for a couple more weeks.

kat
07-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Oops! No. I'm sorry I used your Philo address.

Linda4atc
07-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Not a problem hun. I may ask the post office to foward my mail this week. If not I'll get it after the 14th.

Linda4atc
07-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Ohhh Susan those are lovely! You have an elegant style, I love them. So many new patterns to. It looks like #4 and #5 are identical, is that a mistake in uploading them?

LindyLu
07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Susan, very, very nice!

kat
07-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Beautiful zens, Susan!

Robin
07-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Beautifull!

Patti
07-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Susan, those are quite lovely. Looking forward to receiving any one of them.

adifferentstory
07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
They're beautiful Susan.

adifferentstory
07-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Zen pages were mailed this morning to:
Kat
Patti
Robin
Smtheus

Hopefully i'll get at least some of the others done this week. This thumb is so painful. Worse than when it happened to my other thumb. Maybe because I use it more often.

Bright-Spark
07-06-2009, 12:41 PM
You give the girl (okay that is stretching it a bit!!;), but I still feel like a girl) an inch and she takes a mile!

Pages were sent to Patti, Linda4atc and Robin today. The rest should be on their way tomorrow.

I now realise I have not taken pics of all of them, duh!

Linda4atc
07-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Ohh Wow lovely Mermaid!!!! But darn you already sent mine, sigh...

Patti
07-06-2009, 07:00 PM
wow, I've got lots of mail to look forward to. Today I received my page fro Riley and it's really nice. Please let her know that I have it and love it.

kat
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks, Patti. I let her know. She said yours was the first that she received, & it was extra special to her.

LindyLu
07-07-2009, 09:44 PM
I received my card from Linda4atc, today. Very nice, Linda, thank you! I'm off to give you iTrader:)

adifferentstory
07-08-2009, 09:01 AM
I received Chatty's zen today. It is so gorgeous.

I feel pretty bad that i've not got all of mine done yet. I could kick myself for not getting them all done in the first few weeks. I hate being late for anything.

Linda4atc
07-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Hun IF you were not in pain you could have had them done. It is not really your fault, and we are all friends here, the nice thing about small groups.

adifferentstory
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Everyone has been so understanding.

LindyLu
07-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Woops!!! I was going to give you an iTrader, Linda, but I guess a rep is all I'm allowed? It's confusing for me because, I got a message from Admin. that "If you mail it leave iTrader..if you didn't mail it leave rep". Well,since I mailed one to you and you mailed one to me, doesn't that make it a trade, therefore, an iTrader???????
Anyway, I left a rep for you but I'd do an iTrader if I thought it would get by:):) Thanks for a great card & all your hard work.

Linda4atc
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
OK I do get ONE itrader for this from each person. It can be given to ma as host OR as trader, but they said I do not get both. So did you give one when you recieved the book? If not you can give me one now.

As for reps You can leave them for anyone at anytime. But you should always try to leave them for the artists of cards you recieved in a swap.

LindyLu
07-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Well, I checked your iTrader & couldn't see where I've given you one...So I just did:) I believe I gave you a rep when I got the book.
So, when I gave the iTrader for hosting I slipped in a comment about the page, too. :):)

Linda4atc
07-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Sweet, it works for me. Thanks hun.

Bright-Spark
07-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Lovely pages have arrived from Chatty and Smtheus!

They will be pleased to know their pages are on their way!!

Robin
07-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I received my beautifull pages yesterday from Smtheus!

Patti
07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I received the pages from Susan and Lynne. My book is almost complete. Just one more to go, and it's in the mail. Hooray.