PDA

View Full Version : G-15 CJ - Fuzzy Felters: The Adventure Takes a Detour

Pages : [1] 2

NYJunkie
05-08-2009, 03:23 PM
FUZZY FELTERS - The Adventure Takes a Detour - First Mail Date June 30, 2009

The third felted circle journal for our Group will be taking a detour. The main rules will remain as specified in the first two journals and will be in accordance with ATCsforALL Circle Journal Guidelines.

Specific changes for our Third Journal will be as follows:

1. Each month, one journal page will be mailed to the assigned member by the last day of the month.
2. Each page must contain felting – either wet-felted or needle-felted.
3. Our ‘detour’ will involve the use of mixed media in addition to felting. The mixed media can include but is not limited to the use of other techniques such as embroidery, beading, unusual media (wire, paper, metallic embellishments, fabric, found objects, etc.).
4. Each member will pick a theme, size for her page (example 8”h x 6”w; flowers), and primary color choice (not required).
5. Members can specify that they would like the page to be primarily felted. (Since this is a felting fibers group.)
6. Each member will specify which edge is to have a solid one inch border. This border will be used for bookbinding purposes or a border for hanging.
7. Each page can be made in a ‘chunky book’ style with fibers, beads, etc. hanging from the edges. (Not required.)
8. Members will notify the group if there will be an unexpected ‘absence’ from the Thread (vacation, illness, etc.) and will post on the Thread anticipated return.
9. Members will be allowed to mail pages early or late, but must post on the thread and maintain contact with the assigned Monthly Partner.

THE FIRST MAILING WILL BE BY JUNE 30, 2009.

Fuzzy Felters:

1. SusieTex - 'DESIGNER FISH' (ie. fish in fashion colours, designer jewelry),8x8, left side binding
2. NYJunkie - 'FACES", 8x8, left side binding
3. vwozniak - 'FUNKY FISH',8x8, left side binding
4. goatgoddess - 'HEARTS', 8x8, left side binding
5. Pippin - 'CATS', 8x8, left side binding
6. Monarch - 'FUNKY BIRDS', 8X8, left side binding

(JackieR and jetleg are taking a leave of absence from this group, but will hopefully return for our next journal in 2010.)

THE PLAYER ROTATION IS AS FOLLOWS:

June 30, 2009
SusieTex sends to NYJunkie - Received
NYJunkie sends to vwozniak - Received
Vwozniak sends to goatgoddess - Received
Goatgoddess sends to Pippin - Received
Pippin sends to Monarch - Received
Monarch sends to SusieTex - Received

July 31, 2009
Susie Tex sends to vwozniak - Received
NYJunkie sends to goatgoddess - Received
Vwozniak sends to Pippin - Received
Goatgoddess sends to Monarch - Received
Pippin sends to SusieTex - Received
Monarch sends to NYJunkie - Received

August 31, 2009
SusieTex sends to goatgoddess - Received
NYJunkie sends to Pippin - Received
Vwozniak sends to Monarch - Received
Goatgoddess sends to SusieTex - Received
Pippin sends to NYJunkie - Received
Monarch sends to vwozniak - Received

September 30, 2009
SusieTex sends to Pippin - Received
NYJunkie sends to Monarch - Received
Vwozniak sends to SusieTex - Received
Goatgoddess sends to NYJunkie - Received
Pippin sends to vwozniak - Received
Monarch sends to goatgoddess - Received

October 31, 2009
SusieTex sends to Monarch - on the way
NYJunkie sends to SusieTex - Received
Vwozniak sends to NYJunkie - Received
Goatgoddess sends to vwozniak - Received
Pippin sends to goatgoddess - Received
Monarch sends to Pippin - Received

vwozniak
05-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Hoooooooray, we have a new home, nice job NYJ.

Pippin
05-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh look a new lounge to sprawl in!! Shall I go and put the coffee on??

vwozniak
05-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I'll bring the beignets!

Pippin
05-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Yummy!! Surprised Susie is not hear yet, what with all this talk of coffee and beignets.

NYJunkie
05-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone. I am still waiting for a moderator to give us a number for this Thread. I am new to hosting circle journals, so I think I went about posting this wrong.

I still have to post everyone's preferences. Please let me know your theme, size of the pages, color preferences (if any) and layout if they are not square. I'll also want to post which edge is to be the 'binding edge'.

I still have to make my last page for jetleg. I absolutely must do that this week....

Coffee and beignets!!! Many, many years ago I enjoyed them at Cafe du Monde on a hot and sticky morning. Oh yum..... Then I bought a mix and made them when I got home so I could pretend I was still in New Orleans.

monarch
05-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi...I am here.........

My theme is Funky Birds 8 x 8 with left hand binding.......

Now nyjunkie...What am I suppose to do for a face page........I don't even know where to begin...........I guess that is why I stay with this group....There is always a big challenge for me;););)

susietex
05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Yummy!! Surprised Susie is not hear yet, what with all this talk of coffee and beignets.

Hi I'm here, any coffee left?

Thanks NYJ for finding us a new pad to hang out in, sorry for being late.
It's been such beautiful weather here this weekend that I was out in the garden, well outside planning the new garden, half of it is still half cleared builders rubble and weeds. If anyone knows how to incorporate mile long ivy trails into felting I'd be very grateful! LOL

I'm going to stick with 8"x8" size wise, but torn between two themes at the moment!

It's either..... The depiction of Sonnets of the Bard in needlefelt
or.... The anatomical drawings of the human body in wetfelting...
Any thoughts ladies?

Well I thought you'd like a challenge, and there both easier than faces!!!!;)

Just kidding, I thought for fun we could do 'designer fish'....ie. fish in fashion colours, designer jewellery, guppi (sorry Gucci), Monolos...these will be fish for the Catwalk, not the cat bowl!!!:D

susietex
05-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh heck, just realised I'm to do the first 'FACE'.......

NYJunkie
05-12-2009, 10:58 AM
susietex -- faces are 'easy' -- just need 2 eyes, a nose & mouth -- they can be abstract, realistic, funny, whimisical, ugly, they can be whole head or not...

Try a few sketches.

Monarch, so glad you found this thread. We seem to be an 'easy' group and pretty much anything goes. It will be a challenge to use different media, but some of us have been using beads and ribbons, so using a few more things shouldn't be too bad.

Is anyone interested in showing sketches before beginning pages and having a critique? Not necessary -- just a suggestion.

Who's doing fish? Are we all 'fishing' for recreation? I'm going to have to check the 'Continuing Adventures' threads for themes we discussed.....

goatgoddess
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Nice digs!

funky fish - how cute!

thinking on my theme - hummmmmmmmm

susietex
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
NYJ, just a couple of us discussed a fishy theme, I don't expect everyone to do fish!!LOL

vwozniak
05-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Let's talk fish! would everyone be willing to do two fish? I think Susie wants "Designer Fish". I will give two options ( so if you are fished out you have a choice)..Funky Fish or Delightful Dragonflies. 8X8, left side for binding.
NYJ, I would be happy to show my sketches, they are usually very simple and very rough..often done on newspaper with a sharpie. I usually do them just to get a sense of proportions within the framework of the "page".
How does everyone else work? I generally wait for inspiration ( or go to my many "inspiration" books) and then sketch out a rough plan, choose a background and then jump into the felting.

NYJunkie
05-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Two fish pages are fine with me - Funky and Designer. I think catwalk and funky are different enough to keep everyone interested. Remember -- players pick their own themes -- it's your book.

My inspirational sketches are very rough, too. I'll post on the thread as soon as I get one sketched out and then people can comment or make suggestions for improvement. Sketches are just layout plans -- the media sometimes dictates design and final piece.

NYJunkie
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Susie -- which side is for binding?

monarch
05-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Please explain susie what you are really looking for in designer fish..............

goatgoddess
05-18-2009, 01:06 PM
designer fish - how funny, love it <g>

I think I will go with Hearts :) old fashioned not the correct hearts with valves and all. <g>

vwozniak
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
GG, love your hearts, great idea!!!

NYJunkie
05-19-2009, 08:47 AM
I think the Heart Theme is terrific! what size and which edge for binding?

goatgoddess
05-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeap would help to know that - 8x8 and a left binding
thanks!

vwozniak
05-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Help, I have never done a "chunky", I know it is hanging embellishments...what types of stuff do you usually use?

goatgoddess
05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Buttons, scrabble tiles, lace, beads, homemade charms, polyclay bits, shells, - there is more but that is all I can think of right off.

NYJunkie
05-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Wow -- sounds like Val is ready to get the page done. I'm impressed.

GG summed up the chunky hanging stuff, and it can also include just ribbons, twine, yarn, wire....anything goes...

Susie -- I assume you want left edge binding, but I'm waiting on that.

Now we are just waiting for Pippin's theme.

vwozniak
05-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the ideas, yes, I am ready to get started and looking forward to making some hearts for GG.

Pippin
05-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh that means I have to decide!!!!! Trying to put off the inevitable here but I think it has to be Cats this time please!!

goatgoddess
05-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Cats is a great theme - birds, fishies, and faces - this is going to be fun :jiggy:

NYJunkie
05-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh, Pippin, Cats is great!!! Do you want 8x8 or some other size? Which size for binding?

I'm excited about the different themes and mixed media.

Pippin
05-20-2009, 10:29 PM
8 by 8 is good, These I think I will bind into a book so left hand side clear of danglies please! I will use ribbon so you dont need to leave a clear margin, just nothing dangling!

NYJunkie
05-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Excellent -- we have all the themes and sizes chosen.
Here's the first mailing schedule:

June 30, 2009
SusieTex sends to NYJunkie
NYJunkie sends to vwozniak
Vwozniak sends to goatgoddess
Goatgoddess sends to Pippin
Pippin sends to Monarch
Monarch sends to SusieTex

If at all possible, please mail the pages by June 30. It might be fun to scan and critique sketches, but that is optional.

I'm fairly new to Chunky pages, so this is going to be fun and a challenge for me. Also, using mixed media will be fun. I have to start thinking. Maybe I'll incorporate fabric with photos printed.

monarch
05-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for posting...It looks great...................

vwozniak
05-21-2009, 10:52 AM
NYJ, you and I are chunky-challenged! It will be fun to try something different, I hope to incorporate some photos in mine as well...mix it up!!

NYJunkie
06-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Just a quick note: I will have a sketch for my first page posted by the end of the weekend. I have a 'mental sketch' done and just have to get it onto paper.

We are into June now, so I'm sure everyone is beginning to plan their first 'chunkie-ish' page.

vwozniak
06-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I am at the mental sketch stage, too. Also doing some dyeing so I have the materials I will need.

goatgoddess
06-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah I'm at the mental sketch stage too - :)
I haven't done a kitty felt page - looking forward to it.

NYJunkie
06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Here's my Working Sketch for Funky Fish. The background will be shades of blue wool felted in sections. The fish will be different fabrics (not chosen yet); fibers for seaweed, fabric borders with holes for hanging 'stuff', and I'll probably use shells on the sea floor. I might use something for fishnet -- don't want to get it too cluttered, so it's not in the sketch.

I welcome comments and suggestions -- I'll probably start the background on Monday and may even find time to make some sketches for future pages.

vwozniak
06-07-2009, 10:42 AM
I like your plan, nice sketch, it has a nice flow (love all the lines that arc).

NYJunkie
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Val, thanks for the input -- 'cause this one's for you.
While I'm into fish I'm going to have to think about a Designer Fish --- humm --

vwozniak
06-07-2009, 04:10 PM
...for me? Love it!!!

susietex
06-09-2009, 05:20 AM
Hello all, sorry been away for a while. Just to confirm, my pages are to be bound on the left hand side, thanks.

As far as designer fish go, you can choose to do anything with them, there will never be another fish like it, they will all be part of a unique collection. So if your fish is 'dressed' in a tiara and high heels! or dressed in designer 'grunge' it will be very welcome on my 'catwalk' or is that 'catfish walk'?
Of course the fish could be just shaped like a handbag or purse with scales and fins, it's still 'designer'. Does this help at all, or are you even more confused? LOL

Pippin
06-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I think I am even more confused now!!!!!

goatgoddess
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM
not sure how to get shoes on a fish but hats and boas will work <lol>

goatgoddess
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Can't wait to see some of these fishies.

vwozniak
06-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I know, they will be creative for sure!!!

NYJunkie
06-13-2009, 09:41 AM
susietex, Thanks for clearing up the Designer Fish theme. I was going to use fish as part of an accessory or clothing or hat, etc....still thinking about this one. It's going to be fun.

susietex
06-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Well I like to set a challenge, notice I didn't make a sample page to show you though!!! LOL

NYJunkie
06-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Susie -- did you go to the UK ArtFest???

I just answered this myself by going to the People,Places,Things gallery. I saw you in a picture. Tell me about the felting workshop -- who taught it?

susietex
06-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi NYJ, Coudrouy Cat, did the felting (I think). I took along all the felted journal pages from our swaps to put on the show and tell table, well they quick dissapeared off onto the workshop table! LOL.

I did see some of the demo, they were hand needlefelting, I did say it would be faster if they all had an embellisher, you know me always willing with a helpful suggestion!!!!! LOL

NYJunkie
06-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Susie -- Thanks for the info on the UK ArtFest. You must have taken a ton of things -- AND still found room for our felted pages. I'm sure you got lots of inspiration and it will show in your future pieces. I saw the picture in the Gallery where the demo showed using ONE NEEDLE to felt!!! Oh how I love my embellishing machine -- it's so much quicker.

vwozniak
06-23-2009, 07:49 AM
I tried a new felting technique, new for me at least. I put water soluable film in a embroidery hoop and felted into it, then boiled the film off. It did give quite a bit more control. I just did a small practice piece (a heart for GG) but it worked nicely.(except the silk hankie I used for accent changed color and is almost invisible..silk doesn't like high temperatures!) Anyone else tried this before? I am working on GG's hearts...started off in one direction and as usual taking off in another. My original design was a grid with several hearts, then yesterday I was playing with my felter and some fabric pieces , liked the way it turned out and am now adding hearts. NYJ, I usually start out with a sketch, like you do (this time mine was a simple grid) but am always fascinated with the changes that happen in the process.

goatgoddess
06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
ohhhh cool - haven't tried it but sounds very interesting. off to google new tech..........

NYJunkie
06-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Val -- thanks so much for letting us know about the embroidery/felting technique. It sounds like something I MUST try.

Yikes -- it's getting near the end of June -- so I must get to work. I'm hoping to felt this weekend and maybe I'll even get started on several other pages.

vwozniak
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I finished my page for GG. Here it is...there are three quotes hidden underneath all of the hearts and stuff. It was fun once I got started, it is my first "chunky" anything!!! The little heart on the right was the one felted with the water soluable film.

goatgoddess
06-30-2009, 11:14 AM
that is a wonderful page!!! :jiggy:

I have pippins page felted - I printed a picture then felted over parts of it - really liking how it turned out but I need to finish it off tonight - have to be careful with how many times you poke a area though I nearly had a one eyed cat <G>
even hubby was impressed and he usually isn't <G>

NYJunkie
06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Val -- great page. I can't make out the quotes -- but I know they are only meant for GG. Terrific use of mixed media -- and I really like the hanging button.

GG -- I can hardly wait to see your page. It sounds terrific -- especially since it impressed your husband.

Monarch -- I'm going to finish your page this weekend -- maybe sooner and will get a picture on the thread.

vwozniak
07-01-2009, 08:45 AM
The quotes are:
"Wherever you go, go with all your heart"
"Only do what your heart tells you."
"You change your life by changing your heart"
I decided that since these are journals I might find a way to add some words!!!

goatgoddess
07-01-2009, 09:13 AM
love those qoutes Val - very cool :jiggy:

here is pippins - sending out today - printed out a pic of the kitty on cotton - then felted the page leaving some unfelted - added ribbons and buttons.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/large/1_felted_page_pippin.JPG

vwozniak
07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
What a wonderful Kitty...great work G.G.!!!
GG yours hit the mail today.

Pippin
07-06-2009, 09:45 AM
love those qoutes Val - very cool :jiggy:

here is pippins - sending out today - printed out a pic of the kitty on cotton - then felted the page leaving some unfelted - added ribbons and buttons.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/large/1_felted_page_pippin.JPG

Oh Emily Louise will be SO pleased and honoured to be imortalised in felt!! That is just adorable GG! Thank you thank you

monarch
07-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I just finished susie's page but the scan is so dark........alot brighter in person.........

the fish has an earring and a necklace...I was thinking of putting a hat or something on her but her eyelashs got in the way....

I sure hope you like this susie and that my interpretation was correct.......

goatgoddess
07-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Val - I got your beautiful hearts! thanks so much - it's beautiful!!! :jiggy:

vwozniak
07-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Glad it got there and so glad you like it.

NYJunkie
07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
goatgoddess -- what an amazing page. Great technique.

monarch -- I love your Designer Fish for Susietex, too.

I said that I was going to finish monarch's page -- I am so mixed up and out of it. I'm working on Val's page and will be posting it soon.

NYJunkie
07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
OK -- I finally got Val's page done and it will be in the mail tomorrow.

Here it is:

vwozniak
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
What an adorable fish!! Thank you sooo much, can't wait to see it up close and personnal!!!

Pippin
07-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Monarch's funky bird finally popped into my head this week as I was drifting off to sleep !! Now to get him onto the page and under the needles! Have to go hunting for red fabric in my stash when I get home!!

vwozniak
07-18-2009, 09:10 AM
NYJ's Funky Fish swam into my mailbox and is just adorable!!! And, the back is pretty spectacular as well(with it's own golden seahorse, WOW!!). Thank you so much Catherine for my Fabulous Fishy!!!

NYJunkie
07-19-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm so glad you like the Funky Fish, Val.

I was late in sending my June page and see that others are late, too. Do I have the June swap posted right??? Has anyone sent or received a page that is not marked???
June 30, 2009
SusieTex sends to NYJunkie
NYJunkie sends to vwozniak - Received
Vwozniak sends to goatgoddess - Received
Goatgoddess sends to Pippin - on the way
Pippin sends to Monarch
Monarch sends to SusieTex - on the way
We should be working on July trades now...
I have my 'Hearts' for goatgoddess planned in my head and will post a quick sketch tomorrow (or later this evening).

How is everyone else doing???

Pippin
07-19-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm late!! I have the idea planned but work has been so busy these last few weeks and doesn't let up till mid to late August!!The clients Drop dead submission date is August 31st!!

NYJunkie
07-19-2009, 08:07 PM
No problem Pippin....just wanted to post as a reminder. Did you get the page from goatgoddess???

I should do my own felt-a-thon and get caught up of things --- if only I could find a week with no phone, no family, no responsiblities -- that's next to impossible.

Pippin
07-20-2009, 07:58 AM
My DH used to work shifts and that meant every other weekend at work and switching between days and nights, I love him being on Monday to Friday days right now but boy do I get less art time!!! LOL Hopefully GGs page will be here when I get home from work??

goatgoddess
07-20-2009, 09:02 AM
hopefully it's not hung up somewhere along the way - the postoffice had me fill out a customs form even though it's not needed (light weight) but he felt that would get it thru quicker - sometimes I think having that form slows them up by a week.

thinking about funky birds this week <G>

NYJunkie
07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
I did a Hearts sketch today but it isn't good enough to put on the thread. I'm going to re-work it and maybe it will be 'presentable'. I'll probably work on the background in the next couple days, but won't be able to get 'serious' about the topic until next week.

You're right -- I think the customs forms slow down the mail. One post office used to ask for the customs form for EVERY envelope that was going overseas. No I just weigh the letters at home and stick them in the mail slot at a different Post Office and they seem to get to destinations quickly.

Pippin
07-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Emily Louise has arrived today GG!! She is adorable, the real Ems is outside but as soon as she comes it I will show her how she has been immortalised! She will be impressed! Thank you so much!

susietex
07-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Hello fuzzy friends, I'm still alive, but my computer wasn't. So just to let you know that NYJ page will be sent asap, now I have access to all my addresses again!
Missed all you guys.

BTW Carol I love my designer fish, you got it spot on. Can't wait to see her in person.

NYJunkie
07-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Here's my Hearts sketch for goatgoddess. It is extremely 'rough' and I decided to use it as a guide only. The background with be dark with various fibers and who-knows-what else. I want to get the background felted and then will decide more about what to use for the hearts. Anyway -- the basic design will be similar to this.

vwozniak
07-23-2009, 03:10 PM
I like your sketch, aren't the hearts a wonderful theme to play with...so much you can do!!

goatgoddess
07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Pippin so glad it made it and you liked it :)

looks wonderful - can't wait to see what you come up with!

busy thinking of funky birds for Carol :)

vwozniak
07-23-2009, 11:06 PM
I am close to finished with Pippin's Kitty, it has been fun! Will post when I get the finishing touches completed.

NYJunkie
07-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the update, Val. We'll be watching for the kitty.

Pippin
07-24-2009, 08:47 AM
What goes ping ping ping ping ping in rapid succesion????

Five needles (yes all five) breaking at once !!! At that point I thought it was time for bed!! Carols Rooster is almost done and I want to keep him!!!

NYJunkie
07-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Arrgh....That's horrible -- terrible. Was the wool too thick??? I broke 4 needles at one time a while ago and that made me quit machine felting for a couple weeks until I could get to the store and buy more needles.

Your story is worse.....

I can't wait to see the rooster.

vwozniak
07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh, that hurts...I wonder, collectively how many needles we have broken.

Pippin
07-24-2009, 09:49 AM
I think the first needle broke and the others hit it and broke. This is not a thick page at all as I am trying a new technique!!! Its great fun as it involves lots of ripping of fabric!!

Pippin
07-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Here is Carols Rooster. I am very pleased with him, I do hope you like him Carol! He was fun

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=92248

vwozniak
07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
He is amazing, so colorful and wonderful texture! Great job!!

NYJunkie
07-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Pippin -- your rooster is terrific.

susietex
07-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Yep Pippin he's a brilliant bird.

vwozniak
07-27-2009, 06:16 PM
I finished Pippins, the quotes are:
Every dog has his day but the nights are reserved for cats.
Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
The cat has too much spirit to have no heart.
Cats are magical the more you pet them the longer you both live.

Pippin
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Love it!!! Too true, especailly the one about cats having staff!!I am servant to 5!!

NYJunkie
08-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Val, what a beautiful page. I assume the background fabric was hand painted. The quotes are lovely.

vwozniak
08-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes, the background is painted stamped,discharged...lot's of stuff, thanks, it was a fun project.

monarch
08-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Awesome pages but I love love mine!!!!!! Thanks so very much!!!!!

here is nyjunkie's....This was easier than I thought it would be......I hope you like her.....It looks like one eye is alittle off.......

NYJunkie
08-01-2009, 09:45 PM
monarch!!! This little face card is GREAT. Once I looked like that -- maybe even my eyes were a little off. Humm... It's too cute - Thanks.

vwozniak
08-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Carol, adorable, great job, charming!!!

vwozniak
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Finally got Pippin's kitty in the mail...hope he flies comfortably and swiftly.

goatgoddess
08-05-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought I posted but I guess I didn't - still working on my page - hubby fell this past weekend and has a broken arm and a damaged shoulder - taking him to the doctor today - spent most of of monday night in the ER - he still need a MRI - hoping it's not torn.

NYJunkie
08-05-2009, 08:52 PM
GG -- I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I know all about husband injuries. My husband fell off a ladder a few years ago and broke his shoulder -- two surgeries later he is about as good as he will be -- and not as good as new. Hope you have miracle worker doctors....take notes when you go anywhere, ask questions, make believe you know what's going on, and thank everyone a lot -- you'll get much better treatment. If something's not right -- be persistent and gently nag and everything possible will be done. I used to work in a hospital.

vwozniak
08-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Oh GG, hope everything goes well with hubby, keep you in my prayers,and NYJ advise is great.

goatgoddess
08-06-2009, 01:32 PM
thanks for the tips NYJ - turns out it's not broken - which is good but his shoulder is still messed up so waiting to hear when they get him in for MRI - I'll finish up this weekend at the lastest and get my page out

Pippin
08-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh GG your poor Hubby. Hope all can be fixed and he gets better. He has had a rough time poor Guy

NYJunkie
08-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Pippin, I hope your husband heals quickly and completely. Sometimes torn ligaments and muscles are worse than breaks. Make him follow the doctors 'rules'.

Carol, Your great Face Page arrived yesterday and it is better in real life. I knew that would be the case. The blending of fibers is beautiful and I like the use of stamping on the background. You also used my favorite colors. Thanks so much.

Pippin
08-21-2009, 04:53 PM
My Black cat has arrived and is just adorable! Awesome work Val! Beautifully done.

NYJunkie
08-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Pippin, I'll bet the Cat page is even better in real life. Lucky you!

goatgoddess
08-22-2009, 06:49 PM
working on mine this weekend - sorry to get behind again

NYJunkie
08-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the update, goatgoddess. I'm behind, too. It looks like Val is the only one really keeping up with the pages. I should probably try to find a couple uninterrupted days so that I can make 2-4 pages. I'd love that, but that's nearly impossible to arrange.

vwozniak
08-22-2009, 08:58 PM
I am finally having my hand surgery in late October so hope to be finished by then, may be out of commission for awhile.

vwozniak
08-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Just realized I will probably be late this month. I am having tile laid throughout my house and have no access to my felting machine and will not for several days. Didn't think that one thru!!!

NYJunkie
08-23-2009, 10:55 AM
New tiles in the house sound wonderful! Hand surgery doesn't sound so great, but I hope that the results are wonderful. Maybe you can do a lot of reading and trip planning while you recover. You'll have a good excuse to eat out a lot.

vwozniak
08-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I love the way you think, NYJ, especially about the eating out!!!

Pippin
08-25-2009, 11:35 AM
My goodness Val you do have a lot going on. Mine is all work right now! SO looking forward to Sept when I have a week off!

NYJunkie
08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Pippin -- you are too too lucky to get a week off. I try to survive with the occasional two day/one night get-aways. They revive me, but a week or two or three or four would be heaven.

Are you going to do something fun???

monarch
08-29-2009, 04:18 PM
susie - Did you ever get my page....I mailed it out August 10th................

NYJunkie
08-29-2009, 07:40 PM
I haven't heard from SusieTex in a while. I hope she is ok. Monarch -- did you send her a PM? I remember from the past that she 'disappears' for a while and then does marathon felting. I sure hope your page gets to her, Monarch.

vwozniak
08-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Just an update on my delayedness (love making up words). I am now living in my living room while the bedrooms are being tiled. The den (where the felting machine resides) has furniture from floor to ceiling, I will be late on this one Carol, I have the design just not the equipment!!

monarch
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
val - I am behind on yours too.........I was in a front page news article a couple of weeks ago, relating to the raising of my monarch butterflies and have been busy going out to schools etc. with my friends.....Things will slow down after tomorrow.......

Received pippin's most amazing rooster page yesterday!!!!! I am totally in love with it and as usual your work is fantastic!!!! I love it and thanks a bunch!!!!!

Pippin
09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
We are staying home and doing some day trip stuff ( Niagara o the Lake, Walden Galleria Mall in th US, and the CNE most likley!) and catching up on stuff around the house with art work thrown in!!! I want to do a major tidy up of all my stuff as it spreads all over the place!!!

Pippin -- you are too too lucky to get a week off. I try to survive with the occasional two day/one night get-aways. They revive me, but a week or two or three or four would be heaven.

Are you going to do something fun???

NYJunkie
09-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Pippin, it sounds like you have some good day trips planned. The Walden Galleria is a great place to shop and they are having some great sales. I haven't been to the CNE in a couple years -- that's always a great time.

I am behind on my felting. I have my 'Hearts' started but have to figure out the best way to finish it off. Now we're into September, so I'd better get moving and have a felt-a-thon.

goatgoddess
09-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeap me too <g> I have both pages planned and will finally (fingers crossed) get them felted this weekend.

susietex
09-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Hello everyone, I thought I heard my name mentioned.
Sorry to have dissapeared again, but I always manage to catch up and promise not to let anyone down.

Carol your brilliant fish has arrived, Molly the flirty fish has been flashing her designer lashes at all my male fish, caused quite a stir she did! LOL;)

Val and I, have both it seems been shifting 'stuff' around our houses to accomodate re-decorating... I also made an unwise decision to move my workroom.... the ensuing chaos is a nightmare, how do we arty folks collect so much 'stuff' fabric, papers, paints, embellishment, threads, beads, those bits and bobs that you'll need tomorrow if you throw them away today!!! You all know what I mean... well I thought, a long weekend should see all this 'stuff' sorted... now, after 4 weeks, I wonder whatever made me start this....:eek:....
But I do now know where all my fibres are, I have somewhere to plug in my embellisher.. at last... so this weekend I'll be up and running, well sort of crawling over boxes on the floor, but progress is progress right?:D

NYJunkie
09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Susie, it is good to hear from you. I checked out your Social Group yesterday and am considering joining. However, I'm so behind on my felting that I might feel guilty joining something.

I think we are all running on overload right now, but I hope that we can stay together.

I still haven't heard if jetleg received my page from the last journal, so I'll send her an email and see if that gets her back into the swing of things. I hope she is ok.

I haven't check on JackieR either, but I know that she dropped out for this journal because of outside projects.

Susie, you mentioned moving your workroom. I'm considering reorganizing my 'junk' room into a winter studio so I won't have to put everything away when I decide to entertain. I always 'lose' things when I move stuff -- but I also find stuff, too.

Val, I hope your redecorating is turning out nicely.

Pippin
09-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I dread having to mve everything out out of here!! I really should as this room has a cream carpet! Not a good idea for an art room or for soemone with a heat gun who usually works on floor!! Can we say scorch marks!

On the upside Susie's fish is taking shape and should be done this week, maybe tomorow if DH will let me play!!!! AND...NYJ's page popped into my head in the wee hours of the morning, I just have to go back and see if what I want to do is allowed!!!!........Hmm seems not back to the drawing board!!!!

NYJunkie
09-05-2009, 07:28 PM
A cream carpet in a studio!!! That's funny.

I forgot and got light grey carpets for the living room (years ago) and have regretted it ever since. I will NEVER get light carpets again for any room.

I am excited to hear that you are working on a fish and maybe a face. That should get me moving.....I have to finish my hearts for gg and start my cats for you and a funky bird for monarch......Who knows, maybe I'll have a few spare minutes this week. If I'd get off the computer I would get more things done.

Have fun felting, pippin.....

vwozniak
09-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks, everything is going fine, but huge amount of work. After reading Susies post I realized that my house would be far more functional if I traded out my "studo for my "computer/guest bedroom", so trying to figure out how to do that. I have until next Friday to clear out the current studio, which is very large and very cluttered, I am overwhelmed at the moment but will get it done!!!

Pippin
09-06-2009, 01:14 PM
My studio is really a spare bedroom according to the estate agent!! We have a backsplit with "three" bedrooms on the top floor... one is a bedroom, one is my studio and the other is Paul's computer room / Flash display room. He collects Flash memorabilia/collectibles/ comic books. He has three display cabinets in there!!!! See here if you are wondering who or what The Flash is!!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_(comics)

I have almost finished Angel Lacroix!!!! Just need to back and bind him!

susietex
09-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Well before anyone makes a rash decision to do anything to their workspace.....

I have discovered that:

A room twice the size fills up just as fast (how, I don't know? but all my stuff seems to have multiplied on moving!!!)

A long weekend is not long enough... unless it lasts more than a month!!

Tidying and putting stuff away in it's proper place just leads to chaos and confusion.

No matter how much stuff you throw out, recycle or give away, there is always something else to take it's place!!!

The calming effect of a tidy space to create art in is totally lost in the panic of loosing stuff, especially your muse, who decided to go on holiday during the upset, then forgot to come back.... OMG perhaps I recycled her!!!!!!!!

vwozniak
09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Oh, Susie, great words of wisdom but I think it is too late, the thought of moving my stuff from a very visable den right of of the living room to a smaller but less visable space has won me over. I have actually (sort of) decided to get rid of both of my tables because all they do is provide for vertical clutter space and fill the room with those plastic cases with drawers, a comfortable chair and a big TV tray. I find I do my best projects on that small table and then put stuff away. (I'll have a table in the storage shed in case I really need it) I agree that everything just keeps multiplying.

Pippin
09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
I agree that the more surface one has the more the stuff spreads to occupy it! hat includes my ironing board in here. It had 2 piles of "stuff" on it today that I am working my way through!

NYJunkie
09-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I just read through all your posts regarding organizing and have decided that I am not alone with my 'creative stuff'. We might as well resign ourselves to our situation and not worry about what others think about mess, piles, clutter, 'junkie space', etc.

Fortunately, everyone in our group is so talented that we shouldn't worry about anything except our current and future projects. I need to focus only on creating -- cleaning has been getting in my way.

I hope to get a couple felted chunkies done this week...

susietex
09-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Fortunately, everyone in our group is so talented that we shouldn't worry about anything except our current and future projects. I need to focus only on creating -- cleaning has been getting in my way.

I'm going to take this as official permission to stop cleaning/tidying and start being arty...thanks NYJ, ;) LOL

Pippin
09-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Here is Susie's Designer fish a la Christian Lacroix- Angel Lacroix!! He was wet felted and then placed on a painted silk background with silk sari threads and beaded!

monarch
09-08-2009, 07:54 PM
AWESOME FISH!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

susietex
09-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Pippin, that's just too fab for words, brilliant . Thankyou.

vwozniak
09-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Wonderful fish, Pippin, love it!!

NYJunkie
09-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Pippin -- excellent -- love that designer Lacroix!!!

Susietex -- create -- cleaning just looks nice but never lasts!!!

susietex
09-10-2009, 04:36 PM
I found a little wooden sign to hang on my workroom wall, it reads.....

Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

I think this will now be my way forward LOL.

goatgoddess
09-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Mailed off both of mine - the colors are much better on both of these - the pics are washed out :err:

for Susietex

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/medium/1_P1010087.jpg

and monarch

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/medium/1_P1010090.jpg

monarch
09-19-2009, 01:16 PM
goatgoddess - awesome pages and I really love mine.....thanks so much!!!

NYJunkie
09-19-2009, 01:52 PM
goatgoddess -- those pages are GREAT! Fish lips and necklaces---googly eyed birds -- too funny!

susietex
09-21-2009, 08:00 AM
GG how fab, can't wait to add her to my collection.

And guess what, my workroom is finished and I can at last worl in it!! Yeah... so what do you think?

goatgoddess
09-21-2009, 09:16 AM
oh wow Susietex - love your workspace! very cool. :)

Pippin
09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Wow, that is a very nice workspace. You are so organised, look at all those shelves and drawers!!! What do you have in all those brown boxes??

vwozniak
09-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Amazing workspace, so organized, even in my new organization it is a bit wonky (I guess it reflects my personnel style!!). I am almost finished with my house "renovations" as I have gone thru my "stuff" I have found wonderful fibers that I can't wait to use (felt). I am on a tight schedule. I am having surgery on 10/21 (hand surgery) so I will need to have at least 6 weeks of inventory in the stores and get as much felting done as I can. I will try my best to get some pages done in that month but will make everything up in the end. Susie, I am jealous of your neat and organized room!

susietex
09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Wow, that is a very nice workspace. You are so organised, look at all those shelves and drawers!!! What do you have in all those brown boxes??

All those brown boxes, well half of them have my hand dyed threads in, one box per colour scheme, the rest have embellishments, of metal, paper, fabric, plastic, wood etc. also buttons, wires, metal sheets.
I have a second set of shelves full of plastic boxes the same size, thet have all my rubber stamps (in themes), also atc, chunky and postcard blanks.

Organised, for now, yes.
Neat freak, always LOL!!

NYJunkie
09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
susietex -- your studio is so organized!!! It's fantastic. I sure wish I wasn't spread all over the house -- I have a tiny attic studio, but move lots of my 'stuff' to the first floor where I do my 'serious work'. My house is a disaster.

Pippin
09-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Ta da I finally got to grips with the face!!! Hope you like NYJ!! I tried to make her look distressed as if some of the plaster and paint had peeled away with age.

Sent my all singing all dancing machine in for service so I am playing with the 12 year old basic machine right now for finishing etc!! More of an excuse to play with the felting machine!!

susietex
09-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Wow, just love this Pippin, it's great.

NYJunkie
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Pippin!!!! Wow -- that's great. I really love it. We saw an Egyptian exhibit in Toronto several years ago -- is that what inspired you? You did a terrific job and I can't wait to see it in real life.

Believe it or not -- I have my Hearts and Cats 90 percent done. I had a 'home alone' day today and got moving. Tomorrow or Thursday I need to get the backs ready and do the hand embellishments. I should be able to get them into the mail in a week. I want to take the finished pages to my creative club to show everyone before I ship them out. Thank you for your patience.

This week I want to sketch out plans for Funky Birds and Designer Fish. Once I figure out a design I should be able to get them started. I can't believe I'm so far behind on my pages.

Everyone seems behind on pages, too. Are we getting burned out? or are we trying to do too many other things???

NYJunkie
10-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Here are my pages for goatgoddess and Pippin. They will be mailed out on Tuesday or Wedesday next week.

vwozniak
10-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Great work NJY, love that kitten! and Pippin, you did a great job on the face. Wonderful work ladies!!

susietex
10-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Pippin, thank you so very very much for my designer fish, he arrived this morning. Christian is a big hit with the other fish, and I love him.

NYJ, those pages are fabulous, love the kitty, don't think it would go down well with my fishes though LOL.

Pippin
10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
What a cute Kitten I see !!!! Love the hearts too , great work NYJ!! I am hoping to go fishing and catch some funky fish this weekend!!

NYJunkie
10-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Are you really going 'for real' fishing??? Sailfish? trout?

susietex
10-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Wow, if it's 'real' fish, good luck with those in the Postal service!!! LOL

Pippin
10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
The chances of me standing in a river with a rod and line would be somewhere around, oh i dont know....nil!!!!!
Mine will be woolly fish!! none were biting this weekend although I did paint a few hills and some sheep!!

goatgoddess
10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
NYJ - those are beautiful pages!!!

going to get started on faces this week - I know what I want just not sure how to get there yet <G>

NYJunkie
10-08-2009, 10:02 AM
My pages for goatgoddess and pippin went out in the mail yesterday.

goatgoddess
10-08-2009, 11:34 AM
susietex - did you get my fish? hope it's not lost.

monarch - any birds get to you?

Pippin
10-09-2009, 06:54 PM
It's probably swimming around in the Post Office in the UK GG, they keep having strikes an have just voted again I think!

susietex
10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi there, GG would you belive it came just this weekend!!!!. It's wonderful, thankyou so very much.
As for the post office .*..*---..**. that's code for what I think, they have voted for an all out strike throughout the UK, sometime before Christmas.... Oh deep joy (said with heavy sarcastic voice!)

Training of a large flock of pigeons being looked into now!!! LOL. Must try and stitch them some waterproof mailbags, with a built in pouch for birdseed!

goatgoddess
10-12-2009, 11:41 AM
love the built in pouch for birdseed <G>

glad it got there :)

NYJunkie
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone! It's getting close to the end of our official journal deadlines. Please check the first page and let me know if I have the correct info regarding pages that have been sent and received. It seems like we are all behind in our pages. Let's try and get these pages done before the holidays.

goatgoddess
10-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Goatgoddess sends to Monarch - on the way

she should have this but I've not heard from her - need to pm her - will do that today

I still have Sept and Oct to do - will get those done before the end of Oct.

susietex
10-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Desperate to send out ASAP, to beat the postal strike (second round!!).
Will keep you all posted (no pun intended!!).

NYJunkie
10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Desperate to send out ASAP, to beat the postal strike (second round!!).
Will keep you all posted (no pun intended!!).

Susie -- I know about your postal strike. I heard it might last until after Christmas, so we will all have to be patient. I'm sure that really messes up a lot of your trades and swaps. We all can't wait until it's over.

vwozniak
10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I have a problem, I am way behind and I am having hand surgery next Wednesday. I probably won't be able to do any work for about 6 weeks. I had every intention of being complete at this time but am not. I had a lot of work done on my home in August, September and October which slowed down my progress!!! I have done about half of Monarch's but I don't think it will be completed before my surgery. I have at least two options. I could drop out of the swap, so far I have only received a page from NYJ and could reciprocate when my hand heals. I could also do them very late, not sure that is the best resolution. What do ya'll think?

monarch
10-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Stay in....We all can wait and I think everyone is behind...........................here is yours val....I hope you like it.....I did something alittle different......Used distressed organza and distressed ribbon for fish.......added funky yarn and beads..........added roving and misc. sewing threads to background.................

NYJunkie
10-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Val, it's fine with me to wait. I'm sure the others are in agreement. Susie has the post office strike and everyone else is behind, too. It's good that we have all been together for so long and know that 'stuff happens'. I hope your surgery goes well. Make your pages whenever you feel like you can work on them.

Monarch -- great fish page! I know that it must be even more fantastic in real life.

goatgoddess
10-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Monarch that is wonderful :)

Val yes stay in - hope your surgery goes well :)

susietex
10-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Monarch, that's a fab fish well done.

Val, I'm sure we all agree that you should stay, we are all behind, some more than others:embarrassed: like ME.

I hope your surgery goes really well, and that you heal quickly, Hugs.

PS. when I told my DH that I was all behind.... he helpfully suggested that I should go out on my bicycle more often!!!
When I pointed out it wasn't that sort of 'behind' I meant but timewise... he said "well while you're catching up sitting at your sewing machine, your behind will only get bigger"

So now he's the one on the diet.....no food 'til he says sorry!!!!!

Pippin
10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Bad DH Susie, he should know better.

Great Fish Carol.

Val you HAVE to stay, take care and all the best for your surgery. We will be here!

vwozniak
10-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Thank you everyone, you have eased my guilt!!

monarch
10-18-2009, 04:08 PM
goatgoddess's Heart page.......I hope you like it........I used roving and a chop fruit salad mix that I made for my hearts............added gold leaf pen and sharpie pen.......I am really please with the way this turned out...........................

I have one page left to do........The kitty................................

NYJunkie
10-22-2009, 10:30 AM
monarch - what an amazing Hearts page! What is chop fruit salad mix? whatever it is, it looks great!

Pippin
10-31-2009, 07:43 PM
My Kitty has arrived from New York and is twice as adorable in person!

goatgoddess
11-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Monarch - that is so pretty! - I still have two pages to do - just have to sit down and do them!

Pippin
11-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Me too GG! hearts and Fish for me!! Or rather for you and Val!!

vwozniak
11-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I have decided that if I can't quite work on them yet I can at least desgn them...so at least I am working toward completion. Now out of the huge bandage/cast thing and into a splint for about 6 weeks. Thumb very sensative/painful so have to be very careful about using it for anything more that picking up a piece of paper!!! Improvement every day, going to physical therapy and finding new and interesting ways of getting things done around the house.
Also, Monarch, wonderful page you did for me, sorry I didn't see it earlier, was a bit s†ressed at the time. It is really great, can't wait to see it for real.

NYJunkie
11-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Val, it's great that you are out of the cast and improving with the physical therapy. Don't overdo the activities and you'll heal faster. We can all wait...

monarch
11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
My pages were finally mailed to Val and Debra yesterday..............................

goatgoddess
11-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I've got a start on mine but need one more weekend!

val yes don't push it - don't want you to hurt yourself.

vwozniak
11-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks, gang, I am doing well but still in a bulky splint, probably for the next 3 weeks.I have good range of motion with my fingers but limited strength, can't begin working on strength until there is more healing. I have had to become really creative in getting things done!!!

NYJunkie
11-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Val - thanks for the update. Your strength will return when the time is right. I'm so glad that the hurricane took a turn and didn't do too much damage to NO.

vwozniak
11-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Carol's adorable fish swam into New Orleans. It is so beautifully decked out it looks ready to go to a Mardi Gras Ball. Thanks Carol, great work!!

Pippin
11-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Glad to hear you are progressing well Val. will you have physio once the splint is off?.

Sorry I am behind on my two pages, I am having an artistic block on the fish so thought better to put down for a week rather then make a mess and get frustrated! I may just do GGs page first as I have that one in my head! Oh for a muse that understood schedules!

vwozniak
11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks, I started Physical Therapy one week after surgery, for two weeks it was just working on range of motion but I have graduated to strength exercises...the big one is opening a clothes pin, I have been practicing a lot and it is getting easier, my goal is to clip my own fingernails!!!

NYJunkie
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Val, thanks for the update on Carol's page.
It's also good to hear about your progress and improvement.
Pippin, I understand about 'creative block'. I still have a couple pages to go, but have a few sketches made. The designer fish still needs revision.

vwozniak
12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
It is so quiet here, just thought I'd come rattle around. My hand is much better, probably able to hit the journal pages later this week. How is everyone?

goatgoddess
12-01-2009, 11:10 PM
well my one more weekend has turned into a couple more - need to get on it and get them done - don't know where the time flies off to :swoon:

monarch
12-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Did you ever get my page debra.....

goatgoddess
12-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Opps thought I had posted - yes I got it - it's beautiful! thank you so much.

NYJunkie
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
It looks like we are all behind in getting our pages done. It would be really nice to have them finished before the New Year. I know that this puts a lot of pressure on everyone, so please give me input. Should we make try for Dec. 31 or Jan. 31 as an Absolute end to this journal.

Also, please check the first page and let me know if I have marked pages correctly for everyone. If anything is wrong, please let me know.

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that the upcoming Holiday Season will be extra special this year.

Pippin
12-04-2009, 11:05 AM
I am aiming to finich mine during Christmas and mail by the end of the year, but I am equally happy with Jan 31st! I think we ran out of steam on the third go round!!!

monarch
12-04-2009, 05:24 PM
nyjunkie - I received mine from goatgoddess...............

I just have pippin's left....I'll see what I can do here.............................

goatgoddess
12-04-2009, 05:33 PM
looks good to me - I'm with Pippen I would love to have mine done by Christmas but Having the Jan 31 st is a good idea

vwozniak
12-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I am the farthest behind and not sure if I can finish them this month, still have problems with my hand, now in a soft splint, see the surgeon this week. I will work on them, they will be fairly simple as I really can't do hand work right now, hope that is o.k. with everyone.

susietex
12-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Actually I'm the one with the massive 'behind' banner, as well as the massive behind, well not massive but not getting any smaller!!!
Am I rambling, yes, well it's because I just seem clueless with my textiles at the moment, I'm playing for time that has run out!!

I'm having a long break after Christmas, so I'll be finished with all the pages by mid January, or you can all come round and kick my big butt!!!!

NYJunkie
12-06-2009, 11:30 AM
It looks like we should all try to wrap up this journal by January 31, 2010.
I guess we all got a bit worn out on this one, but the pages are all turning out great anyway.
I assume that we will all go our own ways after this swap is done.

Pippin, I never received your page. Did you mail it??? I hope it's still at your house and waiting to get to the Post Office and not lost in transit.

Pippin, perhaps we'll meet at AFA2010. Wouldn't that be fun? Goatgoddess, too!

vwozniak
12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I finally finished Carol's. So sorry for the delay but if feels good to be back at my machines!!!
The quote reads "I am youth, I am joy, I am a little bird broken out of the egg."

NYJunkie
12-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Val, I'm so very very impressed that you made a page!!!
That little funky bird is too cute and I love the nest. Free motion lettering is a challenge - good work.

monarch - you're the BEST at finishing pages in this 'run out of steam' group.

vwozniak
12-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks NYJ, that encourages me to continue on.

Pippin
12-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I thought I had mailed it but then I had best go check cos just cos I thought about doing something does NOT mean I catually did it these days! Duh

goatgoddess
12-14-2009, 11:10 AM
that is nice Val - love the way you did the nest :)

NYJunkie
01-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Happy New Year!
It's now January 2010 and time to wrap up our Fuzzy Felters Journal. Let's all make a HUGE effort to get these pages finished and sent out. Then we can go on and pursue our other interests.
It's been so wonderful being part of the Fuzzy Felters that I'll be sad to part ways; but I know we'll meet again somewhere.

goatgoddess
01-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I plan to finish up this weekend - come hell or high water <G>

vwozniak
01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
THanks NYJ for trying to keep this group focused!! It is much appreciated on my part!

Pippin
01-03-2010, 10:50 PM
spent most of the day cleaning and tidying the art space, next week back to creating and hearts and Fish are at the top of my list!

vwozniak
01-04-2010, 12:20 AM
I did the background for my fish tonite, hope to finish it soon then on to a face!!! The styling fish has been the hardest for me to design. Have ideas will see how the ideas work out!!!

goatgoddess
01-04-2010, 07:17 AM
got a start but didn't come close to doing as much as I had thought I would this past weekend - but I have this week and this is a good thing to work on after work :)

NYJunkie
01-04-2010, 09:47 AM
I have my designed fish started and the background for the funky bird finished....guess that's a good start.

vwozniak
01-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Monarch, your page is on it's way. Sorry it took so long to mail it.
Susie yours is over half done...just some finishing touches.

vwozniak
01-10-2010, 08:58 AM
I am getting closer, Susie and NYJ I just have the finishing to do, expect pics soon. Whew this has been bothering me so good to have them almost completed.

NYJunkie
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Val, you're doing better than me. I don't know what happened to my weekend. Once I get into my studio and get started I'll be ok -- it seems like I had a million interruptions. Excuses...excuses....:arghh:

vwozniak
01-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Hoooray, they are done. Here are my last two... a fashionista fish for Susie (quotes on back..."When in doubt wear red" Bill Blass and "I base my fashion sense on what doesn't itch" Gilda Radner
and a face for NYJ (quote on the back "Keep your face to the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you." Walt Whitman)

Pippin
01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Great pages Val. My weekend was like NYJs! Where did it go??

vwozniak
01-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Today I mailed Susie and NYJ's pages. Monarch should have received hers by now.I think I have completed my pages, feels good!!! I will miss this group, we have hung together for a long while!!

goatgoddess
01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Val those are lovely pages - this has been a great group :)

got a start on mine so they will be ready to go after this next weekend

NYJunkie
01-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Val, I received the fantastic Face page you made for me today. I love it!!!!

We now have one person who has completed all her pages!!! Congratulations, Val, on being the first to finish.
Who's going to be next????

Jan
01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Just stopping by, are you gals still fuzzy?

susietex
01-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes Jan, very Fuzzy around the edges. LOL

Well ladies I can't claim to have completed all my pages, but the design work is done, colours and fabrics chosen, threads picked out and envelopes sorted and labelled for everyone... now what did I forget... oh yes the stitching bit!!!!

But to spur me on is a beautiful fish which just swam in this morning from Val, so huge thanks for my very fashion conscious fish.

Off now to start, and finish stitching.....

goatgoddess
01-26-2010, 12:14 PM
nearly there on the face - working on it tonight after work - why I'm always so last min I don't know but it seems that is how I work here lately :err:

NYJunkie
01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Aaargh....I'm a last minute person too and way too stressed, but I'll get the last two pages done.
Thanks for keeping me updated everyone.

vwozniak
01-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Susie, so glad the fish made it across the ocean, thru the snow and sleet to your home. Very resourceful fashion forward fishy!!

NYJunkie
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Ok -- finally got Susie's designer fish done.
I still have a Funky Bird to finish....soon I hope.

vwozniak
02-03-2010, 09:16 PM
very glamourous fish!!Love it!!

goatgoddess
02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I got the face done Saturday and have been too busy since to send it off but this weekend for sure :yes:

will have the funky fish for val done this weekend - got a start on it last night so that shoud go out monday :jiggy:

NYJunkie
02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the update gg -- I know you are way too busy with your new position on AFA along with all your personal goals.

I have my Funky Bird front for monarch 90 percent completed. My goal now is to mail them out on Monday. It doesn't look like they will be done in time for Saturday....unless I can't sleep tonight.

goatgoddess
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
should have been done long ago - I just had a hard time coming up with fresh ideas I think. on the face page I knew what I wanted just wasn't sure how to get there - it's not what was in my head but it works

now on personal goals

working, getting stuck in traffic, too many dogs, cats, and goats, and a high maintance hubby :laugh:

no baby goats yet though - thank goodness or I would have lost my mind by now <G>

Pippin
02-06-2010, 02:48 PM
I have the background done for GG, thats something right???? Hoping to have ust an ART day tomorrow. Cleaning mostly done, just have to go and buy groceries!! Cats and Hubby seem to like it when there is food in the house!

goatgoddess
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
yeah animals and husbands are funny that way <G>

monarch
02-07-2010, 05:49 PM
pippin - Here is your page after 3 attempts......I tried to get creative like you but they turned out awful........This scan is dark but it is alot lighter in person......I hope you like..

I am done.....................

NYJunkie
02-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Monarch - that's a really cute cat. I know that pages are always better in person....yours are always wonderful in real life.

I'm stressing out....didn't get to the Post Office today and didn't finish the Funky Bird. Yesterday I messed up the back, so tomorrow will be 'finish the bird and mail out pages' day. I absolutely need to get them finished tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay. I hope to have a picture posted tomorrow and 'good news about mailing'.

Perhaps we will wrap up this journal by the end of February instead of January. That's ok with me if it's ok with all of you. I don't know why January flew by....

NYJunkie
02-10-2010, 03:44 PM
I finally got my last page done for monarch.

Both the fish and the bird will be in the mail before sundown today.

vwozniak
02-10-2010, 05:49 PM
NYJ, what an adorable bird!!! Very creative!!

NYJunkie
02-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the comment, Val.
It's a really good feeling to finally finish all the pages.
I know everyone will feel extremely happy when their pages are done and in the mail.

monarch
02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
nyjunkie.....................What a darling bird!!!!! I love it and thanks soo very much!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy:

NYJunkie
02-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Glad you like the little tweet, monarch.
It was the last page I made for the Fuzzy Felters. It is kind of sad that the group is ending the journals, but we will still be around and into other things. I suppose that's the way things should be....

vwozniak
02-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Wow, I just checked and it looks like we are the only active journal thread. It is a shame we are ending, I love working in this sized...ATC's just seem so small to me.

Pippin
02-15-2010, 06:36 PM
pippin - Here is your page after 3 attempts......I tried to get creative like you but they turned out awful........This scan is dark but it is alot lighter in person......I hope you like..

I am done.....................

Just adorable!!! I love it!

Pippin
02-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Faint not, here is GGs Hearts page!! Will mail this week! Now on to the funky fish!! I think I will just have to play and see what happens!

vwozniak
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Lovely hearts!!

NYJunkie
02-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Pippin----great Hearts (a good February theme) for gg. She's gonna be happy.

NYJunkie
02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
It's now the end of February and I'd hoped that this journal would be completed by now. Would everyone please check the first page and see if the list is up do date???? I'm going to be sending a reminder PM to everyone who has not completed or indicated that pages are mailed or received.

I hope that everyone is willing and able to complete the pages.

Thanks, again, for staying together for a great Fuzzy Felters Journal.

goatgoddess
02-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm here and done just have to pop them in the mail - should get there in the next couple of days - I have bunches of stuff to mail so have to <g>

saw your cute funky fish in the gallery

had to repair your face page - kittens ran off it while I was at work - they gave her a major haircut :swoon:
but she's fixed and up where they can't get to her now!

goatgoddess
02-25-2010, 12:11 PM
those hearts are so nice - thank you Pippin!

NYJ - I know you are sooooooooooooooooooo ready to wrap this up.

NYJunkie
02-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the update gg. I know you are probably glad to be finished with your pages, too.

UPDATE on Susietex: I just got a message from her and she posted in the Forum. She is having major dental problems right now, so we have to hang in there.... Wish her a full and complete recovery. Dental problems are NOT fun.

Pippin
02-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Sorry for the delay in finishing and mailing, I went and got a nasty chest infection, still wheezing and I sound as if I smoke 20 a day and have never smoked in my life!! Fishy felting in progress!

goatgoddess
03-10-2010, 12:55 PM
had them done but work has gotten way nuts (pepperoni is going gang busters!!) and my last two finally went in the mail yesterday morning - Val's and NYJ's

you should both have them shortly :)

Pippin hope you get to feeling better!

vwozniak
03-11-2010, 04:22 PM
GG, my fishy arrived today and he is charming. Thank you so much.

goatgoddess
03-11-2010, 11:46 PM
wonderful - so glad the page made it :)

NYJunkie
03-12-2010, 10:47 AM
GG - I got my beautiful orange haired face and love it. Thank you very very much.