PDA

View Full Version : Send a Presidential ATC card for OY's Mom, get a SURPRISE from OY trade!

OriginalYouth
05-13-2009, 03:30 PM
random PRESIDENTIAL trade request from OriginalYouth

My Mother is 55, and had BOTH knees replaced just a few hours ago. She's in recovery now, and will be in the hospital another week, at least. Then she's in rehab for her knees at another hospital for a second week. After that, she'll be in a wheelchair for awhile, then barely mobile most of the summer. It's pretty hard on her, as she had to schedule her surgery to miss the last few weeks of school. She's an 8th grade American History Teacher, and very passionate about her job and US history in General.

Here are some pics of her in her various historical costumes that she makes to dress up to teach the kiddos: myspace album link (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=179137835&albumId=580109)

My Mom, Kathy Sanderson in a few of her many historical costumes
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3528488571_34d8576605_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2414/3529300368_826373e2ee_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2316/3529300322_e908e3a13a_m.jpg
As Mary Todd Lincoln, At Pickett's charge, and as Sacajewa

I thought it would be great to get some Presidential ATCs sent to her, so that she has something to look forward to each day, when she actually is able to walk to the mailbox! Until then, my Grandma and I will be caring for her day to day until my Dad is out of school for the summer. I'd love for her to get these during the next month.

I would love to get ONE ATC of each president, that she can use to teach with later.

These can be any medium, but, please include on each one:
President's:
-photo (can be on a postage stamp, etc.)
-Name (first and last)
-Number (which pres were they? IE: George Washington, 1st
-Years of Term(s)

Optional additions:
-wife's name
-Party (repub, democrat, whig, etc.)
-VP
-best known for facts

For anyone that wants to play, you can sign up to make 1, 2, or 3 (just don't choose consecutive ones so your work is spread out a bit among the collection) and I'll PM you my Mom's address so you can send to her, she lives her in N. FW, Texas, near me. If you want to do any other random historically important cards (Boston Tea Party, Betsy Ross, Robert E. Lee, Civil War, battle of Gettysburg, Liberty Bell, etc.) you are welcome, she will LOVE each and every one! Also, when she has recieved a whole set, I'll try to scan them in sets of 9 and email them to each of you so you'll have a small copy of everyone's work!

Please put your username, real name and, city/state/country on the back; she'll love to know where these are from.

I originally started this as a RAK, but am changing it to a trade to get more participants. If you would like a surprise as a return from me (could be ATC blanks, ephemera, collage supplies, w/c papers, an ATC, inchies, fabric pieces, bits of tulles and textures, ribbon/yarn pieces, etc.) please include a return label or envelope and I will send you a surprise gift sometime this summer! I'll try to base it on your profile needs/interests, so try to have a mini supply wish list on your profile.

Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to play!

Helpful links:
--Wikipedia's list of Presidents (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States)
--History.com, (http://www.history.com/presidents) interactive menu with facts/quotes/biography
--White house website and info (http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/)

Post the # of the presidents (1, 2 or 3) that you want to do, and I'll fill you in! Let me know if you change your mind, I'll open that spot to see if someone else can do it. I will personally be making cards to fill in the gaps as well.

PLEASE help me complete the first 25 before we pick from the rest!
List of Presidents / Participants. Blue=rcvd
1. George Washington ---EraserQueen card for Mum (done and sent)
2. John Adams -- Manxie
3. Thomas Jefferson ---KarenM card at AFA (swirly trees)
4. James Madison ---Chronata
5. James Monroe --- kristinized
6. John Quincy Adams ---mrubyjean
7. Andrew Jackson ---CBshai
8. Martin Van Buren ---Dmnh trade sent 8/8/09
9. William Henry Harrison ---Chronata
10. John Tyler
11. James Knox Polk --- Ruwbl trade sent 8/8/09
12. Zachary Taylor
13. Millard Fillmore ---lini RAKed
14. Franklin Pierce ---CeeJay
15. James Buchanan
16. Abraham Lincoln --- GoatGoddess
17. Andrew Johnson ---sunswirlgirl trade sent 8/8/09
18. Ulysses S. Grant --- Tellulah RAKed
19. Rutherford B. Hayes
20. James Garfield ---ruwbl trade sent 8/8/09
21. Chester Arthur --- Manxie
22. Grover Cleveland ---dmnh trade sent 8/8/09
23. Benjamin Harrison
24/25. William McKinley ---Theresagram RAKed
26. Theodore Roosevelt ---Timeinmyhands wants a TTDdude trade sent 8/8/09
27. William Howard Taft ----Penlowe
28. Woodrow Wilson---OY done, duh.
29. Warren Harding
30. Calvin Coolidge
31. Herbert Hoover --- lini RAKed
32. Franklin D. Roosevelt --- Mrubyjean (2)
33. Harry S Truman --- Hayward CS trade sent 8/8/09
34. Dwight D. Eisenhower --- Joyflower
35. John F. Kennedy---Artcards (2) RAKed
36. Lyndon Johnson --- Nancy (and Lady Bird) none
37. Richard Nixon ---Ruwbl trade sent 8/8/09
38. Gerald Ford --- Pennyquilter
39. James Carter---Rkolig
40. Ronald Reagan---Theresagram RAKed
41. George H. W. Bush --- Penlowe
42. William J. Clinton ---Ceejay (x3)
43. George W. Bush---Theresagram - RAKed
44. Barack H. Obama --- JAD trade sent 8/8/09

Other choices:
Flag ---JAD
Alamo ---ArtCards trade sent 8/8/09
Liberty Bell --- OY
Lewis & Clark
Robert E Lee
Mt. Vernon - xstitcher RAKed

goatgoddess
05-13-2009, 03:35 PM
put me down for - Abraham Lincoln - one of my all time fav's
keeping your mom in my prayers that she heals up quickly.

OriginalYouth
05-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks a ton, GG! He's one of her 5 fave all-time historical figures as well! There are so many cool stamps with his face on them too!

JAD
05-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I will do Obama and a second card of our flag
Wishing your mom a speedy recovery
Jeannie

Bright-Spark
05-13-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't suppose it is appropriate for a Scot to do this, even though a load of US presidents had Scottish Ancestry!

I hope your mom recovers quickly.

Pennyquilter
05-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I'll do #38 - Gerald Ford, since he was from Michigan.

ceejay
05-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Okay, how about I do Bill Clinton.

hayward_cs
05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I'll do Harry Truman, if you'll have me :D (He's from Missouri :yes: )

EraserQueen
05-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I can do George Washington! Hope you mom has a speedy recovery

Tlouey
05-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh wow! Your mom is SO cool!!! Wish I had a teacher that'd dress up like that to teach back when I was in grade eight!! I hope she has a very speedy recovery :)

JoyFlower
05-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I like Ike. :laugh: It will be fun to do something for your mom.

My mom had a double knee replacement surgery many years ago. Fantastic! For her the surgery/recovery pain was less than the pain she had for years before the surgery.

xstitcher
05-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Not sure how to cross stitch a president, but I would like to send her something.

Does she have a favorite flower that I could stitch up?

Or something else she is fond of that lends itself to a small cross stitched picture?

JAD
05-13-2009, 07:25 PM
xstitcher..you can do the Liberty Bell or a flag..maybe..your work is beautiful :)

OriginalYouth
05-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys! I'll add you each to the list. I'm posting this as a RAK, since my time is really hectic right now getting ready for summer classes, but I do intend to RAK each person back at some point in time, I just couldn't commit right now to what/when to send. THANKS a mill! I went to her hospital room tonight, and she really looked beat. It'll be worse when the pain meds wear off too. :(

Here are her 'robot' legs:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4430/137/117/520701784/n520701784_1906175_7730959.jpg

OriginalYouth
05-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Not sure how to cross stitch a president, but I would like to send her something.

Does she have a favorite flower that I could stitch up?

Or something else she is fond of that lends itself to a small cross stitched picture?

Anything history related would be the best, it's pretty much her obsession. She has more of those costumes than I have clothes! She dresses as George AND Martha Washington, Lincoln AND Mary Todd, Benjamin Franklin, etc, etc.!

Any US flag would be amazing, or any historical quotes? Let me know if you come up with something.

Thanks you guys!

JoyFlower
05-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Adding prayers for a strong recovery! For the family too...such things are difficult for everyone, but worthwhile when the healing is complete.

KarenM
05-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Sarah, I'll do #3, Thomas Jefferson, prayers for a speedy recovery!

Russell
05-14-2009, 06:51 AM
OY - please put me down for #20 - James Garfield. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman - I wish her a speedy recovery.

xstitcher
05-14-2009, 09:31 AM
When I get some time this weekend I will pull out some pattern books and see what I can find.

Surely there is something in on of them suitable for this.

OriginalYouth
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Wonderful guys! Thanks for joining. I'm going to see what stamps I have and make a few today, I'm going to make a little book with ATC pocket pages for her to put them all in, in order, as she gets them.

Pennyquilter
05-14-2009, 02:54 PM
This is such a "cool" RAK. You're a great daughter! I wish her a speedy recovery.

OriginalYouth
05-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks, that's so sweet! I wanted it to be something relevant that she would treasure, but would also motivate her to recovery (wondering if there will be a surprize in the mailbox!) and will always remind her of how hard she worked to get better.

Oh, and here is another sample of how awesome she is....I bought her a 'river birch' tree for Mother's Day, and she gave it back to me, because, even though it is her favorite, she knows my yard needs it more than hers! Crazy, right? She's an eternal Mother.

ceejay
05-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Soooo ... do you want me to take G W Bush AND/OR Bill Clinton ??

Artcards
05-14-2009, 03:56 PM
35. John F. Kennedy

Artcards
05-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Wonder if I should also do the Alamo Since I'm in San Antonio.

Theresagram
05-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I would love to do a couple. I'd like George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan. You've got ceejay down for Bush, but she asked for Clinton...so let me know if I can do Bush. :)

Artcards
05-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Well let me go and re pick......

Artcards
05-14-2009, 04:33 PM
ok I'll take
35. John F. Kennedy

Pennyquilter
05-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Artcards, JFK is a good one to do. Don't forget Jackie's pill box hat! LOL!

ceejay
05-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks Theresagram and Artcards - I'd still like to do Clinton, I think OY just got me on the wrong line.

rkolig
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I'll take Jimmy Carter if you'll accept one of my drawings / caricatures of him.

Artcards
05-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Ceejay Yes that's cool I have : 35. John F. Kennedy

ceejay
05-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Well - I'm out on vacation now until 5/26 - I should have my BILL CLINTON card done by then. - Check in with you again on 5/26

OriginalYouth
05-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Okay, everyone rocksssssss! I'll update it now, and then send out Mama's address to everyone on the list. Thanks a mill, guys!

She's doing better now, she got a 'trapeze' bar, to pull herself up in bed, since she can't use her legs. She's feeling the pain now, as her major drugs are wearing off, but sleeping most of the day anyhow. I'm bummed, cause I cant' go see her, I have an upper respiratory infection, so I don't want to get her sick.

teri
05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
OY, I just found this thread. Since she has a long recovery time, I'll pick one in a week or 2 after others pick their favorites. I'm not picky about which one to do. I'll do an American history theme in the meantime.

OriginalYouth
05-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks Teri, you are awesome! She's still at 'your' hospital, probably until tomorrow when she transfers to N. Hills for a week of rehab.

hayward_cs
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
OY, Mine is done and on it's way to you :D Hope your mom likes it. It was fun making it, and I learned a lot about Harry Truman as well. :yes:

OriginalYouth
05-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Cheri, that card is amazing! You totally rock, I'm going to put it above as an example for the swap. THANKS a million! I'll get your RAK out soon 'nough. :D

hayward_cs
05-18-2009, 10:44 AM
I am so glad that you approve :D

I went through her photo album and came to the conclusion that History would have been a WHOLE lot more interesting if I had taken a class or 2 with your mom. LOL She appears to be one awesome teacher!

Pennyquilter
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Good idea Hayward - maybe your card will inspire me. I like that you put the dates of birth and death on the card. My genealogy background should have told me to do that! LOL!

Artcards
05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Alamo. I hope this is ok,

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/206/1_alamo.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=79460)

OriginalYouth
05-18-2009, 01:15 PM
That's WAY cool, Jena! She'll love it! I know I do. Especially even cooler since you are FROM San Antonio. Fabulous!

I found 2 stamps, Lewis & Clark last night in my bin, so I think I'll do an explorer card for her. I know I set aside some more pres-y stamps awhile back, but I can't find them :(

For those of you that send a card or 2, please pop in an address label for you; I'm going to stick them on envies, and when I'm inspired to make ATCs, I'll pop one in and send it back to you! It'll be a wee surprise as a return RAK back. If you are really excited, put a few of your fave themes on it and I'll try to get really specific. :)

Artcards
05-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Wish my jfk would turn out right!!! Man he looks like an old lady right now!! GRRRR. Might have to do her a collage jfk and send my hand drawn one for a laugh! lol

Pennyquilter
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Will try and post Pres. Gerald Ford here26638.

Pennyquilter
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
It worked!

OriginalYouth
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Very Cool Penny! I should've known he was Pres when I was born. Ooops, I didn't! How could I expect to though, I mean I was only 1 when he left office, lol!

Pennyquilter
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
I actually met Gerald Ford in person during one of his campaigns. I also met Jimmy Carter in person when he was campaigning. You are just a youngster, aren't you? LOL!

OriginalYouth
05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Well, I pretend to be 29. again. for the 4th time. So, I'm inbetween.

Pennyquilter
05-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I have twin boys your age.

Russell
05-19-2009, 08:38 AM
OY - I have the card of James Garfield done - I will try to attach it here, but if it does not work you can see it in my gallery under Andrew Jackson (just a stupi mistake on my part). I need an address to send the card. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=79545

Artcards
05-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Here is my JFK card, I used Aura for the coloration of his skin. Thought since he is the main focus it would be cool. Hope it's ok. I tried drawing him he turned out like a Old lady, Tried to collage a card. No luck. So since I love Aura I did this. Printed on canvas paper

OriginalYouth
05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Looks great Jena! The beauty of these is having lots of different types, so that is perfect. Mom got moved to the other hospital for rehab tonight, woohoo! She's only 15 minutes away now (instead of almost an hour) so I hope to get to go see her tomorrow.

I'm going to PM the address to everyone now.

Russell
05-20-2009, 08:09 AM
My cards are going into the mail today. I'd also like to sign up for a couple more if that's okay. I'll do #37 - Richard Nixon and #11 James Knox Polk. Hope you mom is doing well.

Tellulah
05-20-2009, 10:16 AM
What a sweet idea...her students will think this is the coolest too!
Please sign me up for GRANT. :D
Wishing your mom good healing!

OriginalYouth
05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks Ladies! I'll add you both now.

She said her rehab wing is pretty quiet, only 6 people in it, so she is getting lots of personal attention, which is good. She'll need it, she's still 'being a wimp', or so she says, I'm sure it's all just very hard.

mrubyjean
05-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Just found this thread ~ what a wonderful idea, OY! Wow, a double knee replacement...and your mom and I are almost the same age! What a challenging thing to go through ~ all good healing wishes to her!!
I'd love to make her an FDR card...looks like he's still available...and would she enjoy a companion Eleanor Roosevelt card? (She's one of my heroes!)

OriginalYouth
05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
She would LOVE that! Thanks so much, I'll put you down now.

I'm going to move this to the ATC TRADES forum, as I think if people KNOW they'll get something back in return, they'll be more likely to participate. I really want to fill up the first 20 spots at least, cause those are the ones I know she teaches about. Everyone just make sure to send me an return address label or envie for me so I can mail you something in return!

kristinized
05-21-2009, 12:04 PM
I've been thinking about this, and I could do FDR and one on womens suffrage.

cbshai
05-21-2009, 12:14 PM
anyone do Andrew Jackson? I live where he was born so I'll take him.

OriginalYouth
05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
I've been thinking about this, and I could do FDR and one on womens suffrage.
I have FDR, but the suffrage one would be grand! Can you pick another pres?

OriginalYouth
05-21-2009, 12:38 PM
anyone do Andrew Jackson? I live where he was born so I'll take him.

Cool, thanks!

BTW, for any of you that LIVE anywhere that has any historical flyers or pamphlets that you could include, that would be AMAZING! You can usually get those touristy flyers in a hotel lobby. She would read them cover to cover! Especially anything related to the civil war, or pre 1900.

dmnh
05-24-2009, 12:29 AM
I would like to do 2 presidents for your mom, OY.
Grover Cleveland's 1st term in office
and
Martin Van Buren.
Let me know if they are still available, please?
Hope your mom has a very speedy recovery time. Her students are going to miss her something fierce! What a great teacher she must be! I really liked my highschool History teacher but he wasn't nearly as creative as your mom seems to be!

TimeInMyHands
05-24-2009, 09:32 AM
What a wonderful idea, OY! My Mom is my best friend and the same with my own daughter (who is actually majoring in Middle Childhood education!) and I so I can relate!

I would like to do Theodore Roosevelt and George W. Bush if they are still available?
Just let me know...and hope your Mom has a speedy recovery!

goatgoddess
05-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Had mine nearly done but then I lost half his face when I tried to take off a little ink :(
so take two today.

lini
05-24-2009, 10:19 PM
OK, someone has got to do #13, Millard Fillmore, so I will. Wish your Mom a speedy recovery for me. I had one knee replaced a year and a half ago. Can't imagine having them both done at the same time. Ouch! You are a most thoughtful daughter.

Sunswirlgirl
05-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Your mom looks like a really fun teacher! I'd love to make a card for her to use with her kiddies! Great idea!
I'll take Andrew Johnson, the first president to be impeached! No wonder he looks so miserable in all of his pictures. :(

dmnh
05-25-2009, 04:41 AM
I didn't wait to hear back from you, OY, I went ahead and made cards for Martin Van Buren and Grover Cleveland's 1st term. Here they are. I hope Mom likes them! I'll be needing the address to send them on their way to her.

OriginalYouth
05-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Welcome dmnh, sunswirlgirl, timeinmyhands, and lini!

Added each of you, thanks a ton!

Cards arrived from pennyquilter and Eraserqueen!

TimeInMyHands
05-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks OY! I guess someone else took GW Bush? Bummer! I'll get started on Roosevelt then! :-)

OriginalYouth
05-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks OY! I guess someone else took GW Bush? Bummer! I'll get started on Roosevelt then! :-)

Yup. someone already claimed him. :D

lini
05-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I thought doing Millard Fillmore would be boring, but he was kind of an interesting guy. Could do two or three cards about him. Please PM me your address. I'll post old Millard in my gallery.

Manxie
05-26-2009, 08:07 AM
If you don't mind an "overseas person" I would like to join if I may - I would really like to do Chester Arthur & John Adams please if they are not taken - and I would like to wish your mum a speedy recovery.
Thanks

OriginalYouth
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Welcome Manxie! Thanks! She comes home today!

Nancy
05-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Oh, I just found this thread....Since I am a displaced Texan I will do LBJ and Lady Bird if needed.......

xstitcher
05-27-2009, 02:26 PM
OY while looking through patterns for something I could make I found a pattern of Mount Vernon.

While I would not be able to get the whole thing on a card using 22 count I think I could get enough to make it recognizable.

Would that be something she might like?

OriginalYouth
05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
xstitcher, she would LOVE That! She's been there and used to cross stitch so she would definitely appreciate it!

xstitcher
05-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Great!

I have one PIF I am stitching and hers will be next.

Manxie
05-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi
I have just finished my two cards Chester Arthur & John Adams - please will you let me have the address to post them to?
I will scan them when they are dry and post pictures soon.

TimeInMyHands
05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
OY...I finished up "Theodore Roosevelt" last night and PMed you for your addy! He's in my gallery if anyone wants to take a peek!;)
I was so mad I didn't have room on the card to write about how the "teddy bear" came about!!

OriginalYouth
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Awesome guys! I sent the address info to the last 5 of you on the list now. :D

Chronata
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
This is such an awesome thing you are doing for your Mom! (funny...I have a lot of photos similar to those of me doing the re-enactment thing!)

If you would like I will do two more for her!

How about Madison and William H Harrison?

OriginalYouth
05-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Perfect, Robyn! Thanks so much!

OriginalYouth
05-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Here is the first one I made for Mom:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/3573456563_34ce29833f.jpg?v=0 http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3574264328_679859c89b.jpg?v=0

The transparancy overlay can shift to reveal facts underneath.

Theresagram
05-28-2009, 10:58 PM
OY, I'm working on one on McKinley too. :)

mrubyjean
05-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Neat card ~ what a great idea with the transparancy!

Theresagram
05-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Ok, here are the 3 I made.

And OY, I've got a few books that I think your mom might like.

Jeffersons Letters (A collection of letters by Thomas Jefferson)
The Peculiar Institution Slavery in the Ante-Bellum South
The Civil War (Put out by Natl Geographic and has a big wall map of battlefields of the war)
Concise Encyclopedia of the Civil War

Oh, and a magazine thing titled Civil War Times Illustrated Special Gettysburg Edition with maps of each of the battles of Gettysburg.

Let me know if you think she'd like all these and I will send them with the cards. :)

Theresagram
05-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Opps. My scanner is dusty again. The cards are not dusty. :rolleyes:

kristinized
05-29-2009, 06:11 PM
How about James Monroe? I'm going to work on these this weekend so I can mail them out on Monday

I have FDR, but the suffrage one would be grand! Can you pick another pres?

mrubyjean
05-29-2009, 09:51 PM
OK, here are Franklin and Eleanor!
OY...for FDR, I admit to copying (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I hope) your transparency idea...only I printed text on the transparency ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_FDR1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/large/1_FDR2.jpg

This is the Front and Back of the ER Card ~
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/large/1_ER.jpg

OriginalYouth
05-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Those are totally excellent, both of you! She's going to LOVE them. I think it'll be really cool as she fills in the holes and numbers.

You guys are awesome!

OriginalYouth
05-30-2009, 01:05 AM
How about James Monroe? I'm going to work on these this weekend so I can mail them out on Monday

Sounds great!

mrubyjean
05-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Well...I had so much fun making them, I'll do a third...how about John Quincy Adams? He's from my home state of Massachusetts.

OriginalYouth
05-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Awesome, I'll add you now!

cbshai
05-31-2009, 03:07 PM
here is my Andrew Jackson card. (front and back)

Artcards
05-31-2009, 05:06 PM
starting to worry about my mail to Dallas...

OriginalYouth
05-31-2009, 05:17 PM
starting to worry about my mail to Dallas...

You mean, FW, right? I was worrying about it too! Nothing yet, Girl! You DID use my new address from the PM, right? On Moss Rose?

Artcards
05-31-2009, 05:27 PM
yes used your address from your PM ... Maybe soon. You know this isn't the first time lol. I call everything dallas with in 50 miles from dallas lol.

lini
05-31-2009, 11:43 PM
I was just looking through some stamps my Mom saved and I found Herbert Hoover, so I'd like to do him. President #31. I have Millard Fillmore ready to go, so if you want Herbert, I'll get him done in the next few days and mail ol' Herbert & Millard together.

lini
05-31-2009, 11:44 PM
I forgot to ask, how is your Mom doing? Making progress I hope. She's got a tough recovery ahead of her.

OriginalYouth
06-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Lini, a 2-fer sounds great, thanks! I'll add him to the list. I didn't find very many presidential stamps in my box . :(

She's doing well! She's getting around much better now. Those 10" incisions down the fronts of both knees sure look crazy though, with the staples and all. :eek:

xstitcher
06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Mout Vernon is almost finished.

I just hope everyone else can tell what it is since the card was not big enough to make the whole thing. I know but I made it.

SHould be finished and out in the next couple of days.

I will let you know as soon as I mail it.

ceejay
06-01-2009, 01:49 PM
My Clinton card is finished, I'm thinking I might also do Robert E. Lee and Franklin Pierce??

Okay with you?

cbshai
06-01-2009, 02:29 PM
mine is postal to your Mom

Manxie
06-02-2009, 09:59 AM
My ATCs posted now - I have put pictures in my gallery. Hope they are OK and your mum likes them. John Adams & Chester Athur. As I live on a very historical little island I thought I might send your mum some stuff about our history - do you think she would like it? Leaflets about our parliament being in constant use over a 1000 years, and other stuff?
It would have to be next week as I am on holiday from work then - I can go round our historical sites to collect up a few leaflets amd post cards for her?
let me know if you think she would like it.

KarenM
06-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Thomas Jefferson will be on his way shortly, I just finished up today. I will try and scan him tomorrow.

OriginalYouth
06-03-2009, 12:27 AM
You guys are great! Thanks!

Manxie, she loves ANYTHING historical, she's nuts like that! Send it her way, she'll read it! She's still at home, not getting out much, so she'll absorb it all.

Ceejay, those extra cards are awesome! Robert E Lee is one of her faves, he is my great (8x) uncle (no joke!)

ceejay
06-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow, I had no idea you were related. Unfortunately, I am unable to post my cards to the thread, I think you're gonna like them. Sending them directly to Mom, should leave with my postman, tomorrow morning.

OriginalYouth
06-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Awesome, Ceejay, thanks!

dmnh
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Grover Cleveland and Martin Van Buren went postal yesterday. They should arrive in a few days.

Theresagram
06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
James K. Polk was my great-great-great-great grandfathers brother. :)

And I learned during my genealogy studies that if you are a white American whose family has been here at least 50 years I think, then you are related to at least 1 president.

lini
06-03-2009, 04:12 PM
President Truman went to bed election night thinking he had been defeated by Thomas Dewey and we were so excited (I was just a little kid but I remember it) because Thomas Dewey was my Dad's second cousin. My close call to presidential relatives.

Sunswirlgirl
06-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Andrew Johnson and his scowl should be with you soon. I mailed the card to you, OY.

Theresagram
06-05-2009, 05:32 PM
OY, I sent the cards and the books out this morning. To you. I'll pm you the delivery confirmation number. :)

OriginalYouth
06-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Fantastic all! She is LOVING these! The Dr. said with her recovery she looks like she's 5 weeks along (instead of 3)

Sunswirlgirl
06-05-2009, 07:18 PM
oh, that's so awesome! glad to hear she is doing well!

mrubyjean
06-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Great news, OY!

OK, here is John Quincy Adams, front and back ~ and the front opened up to reveal info!

OriginalYouth
06-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Super cool!

TimeInMyHands
06-06-2009, 10:31 AM
OY, has my Teddy Roosevelt arrived yet??:unsure:
Also, will you be leaving itrader (or REP?) for participants?
Thanks!

OriginalYouth
06-06-2009, 05:58 PM
OY, has my Teddy Roosevelt arrived yet??:unsure:
Also, will you be leaving itrader (or REP?) for participants?
Thanks!

He came, it's superb! I'm saving the labels and will send something out to each one within time. I gave you an itrader too. :D

If you mail directly to my mum, I probably won't give you itrader, cause I wont' recieve the cards to know they went, that's why most of you are sending to me.

xstitcher
06-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Mount Vernon is on the way. Just retuned from the post office.

mrubyjean
06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
My three cards are finally in the mail to you!

OriginalYouth
06-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm getting the stack of envies from my mom, so I can update the list of who she has rcvd from. :)

Manxie
06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I sent my cards direct to your mum - John Adams & Chester Arthur - hope they have arrived safely?

kristinized
06-10-2009, 10:45 PM
My suffrage card is not turning out unfortunately, so I'm going to scrap that one. :( But, jiven' number five Monroe will be in the mail tomorrow!

OriginalYouth
06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Awesome girls! I'll update the list of rcvd cards this weekend!

OriginalYouth
06-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Sorry for the delay, one of my friends had a MAJOR incident this weekend, and, in addition to all the hullaballoo (weekend house guests + a party for 40 at my house) I just haven't done the list.

Cards from
xstitcher (she totally knew what it was!)
kristinized and
mrubyjean

arrived, and she adored them!

xstitcher
06-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Glad it made it.

I'm happy she recognized it. I was afraid there might not have been enough of it to tell. 22 count was a small as I could go and still see to stitch it.

OriginalYouth
06-16-2009, 11:20 PM
My Mom didn't get out today to bring the batch by for me to upload/scan, instead she went to the Allergist cause she hadn't been feeling well....turns out she has pnemonia. YUCK!
I'll have to update the list in a week when I get back from Indy.

OriginalYouth
06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Ok, nevermind, I called her and we talked over the list, so yours will be blue if they are in. If you are coming to Indy and want to hand-deliver, that's cool too.

If you'd like an itrader FOR SURE and haven't gotten one, post in this thread and I'll get it when I get back.

Penlowe
06-17-2009, 11:32 AM
I'll do Taft and the senior Bush :)

lini
06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
OY - I'm bringing my Herbert Hoover and Millard Filmore cards to Indy to you.

OriginalYouth
06-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Awesome to you both! Thanks!

Tellulah
06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
My Grant card went postal today...I had hoped to get it in the mail before I left for Phoenix but I would have had to rush the back of the card. I wanted to do it right so I just left if for when I got home. I was in a rush since I didn't decide to even go to Phoenix until 3 days before!

Hope it gets there quickly and safely!

OriginalYouth
06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks!

Cards rcvd from Lini over the weekend! Thanks doll!

Penlowe
06-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Taft is done, still working on Bush. apparently I picked POTUSes with 4 letter names so I wouldn't have any issues getting it to fit on an ATC :wub:

KarenM
06-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Sarah, I am sending this along..would you send it to your mom? I thought she might find it entertaining :)

http://www.flixxy.com/presidents-morphing.htm

I hope the url works.
It worked, just checked:)

kristinized
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
just popping in to say this project helped me answer a Jeopardy question yesterday since I knew all about the 5th president! :)

OriginalYouth
06-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Very cool Karen and Kristin!!!!

Betsi
06-26-2009, 01:59 PM
I've been lurking on this thread for a few days, but the only Prez I had ephemera for was Eisenhower and he's already claimed. Yesterday I just happened to score a old sales flyer from 1981 (for Presidents Day, I guess??) that has info and portraits for all the presidents... well, thru '81 anyhow. :D

So could I claim Taylor and Hayes, please? If they go well I might do one more, but I'll stick to two for now.

Oh, and OY - I think we are distantly related! I would have to ask my mom about it, but I remember when she was on a genealogy kick several years back she learned we were related to Robert E Lee.

I will see if I can track down some fun history brochures too - should be pretty easy living right near Boston!

Tellulah
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Seen any mail from Tellulah yet?? :cute:

OriginalYouth
07-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Seen any mail from Tellulah yet?? :cute:

"Nothing yet! We'll check it today.

rkolig
07-21-2009, 03:15 PM
OK, I'm finishing up Jimmy Carter today. Do you want me to mail him to you Sarah?

BTW, don't worry about making anything for me. Consider this a RAK for your mom.

OriginalYouth
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks Mary, that's totally great, I'll get him to her.

Tellulah
07-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Hmmm...I'm starting to wonder if the USPS ate my Grant card for lunch? :skeptical:

TimeInMyHands
07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Hope your Mother enjoyed my Teddy Roosevelt card, OY! So when do I get my awesome short and snarky pointy hat dude? LOL!!;) I do soo love that little fellow of yours!!!:jiggy:

OriginalYouth
07-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Hmmm...I'm starting to wonder if the USPS ate my Grant card for lunch? :skeptical:

I'll call her tonight and have her double check her list again, (she keeps them all in order) and fill in who is missing and try to get feedback for you guys.

OriginalYouth
07-21-2009, 06:55 PM
All the first list is now updated. If your name is in BLUE and you haven't gotten feedback from me, please send me a PM or post so here in the thread and I'll get it to you ASAP!

I'm going to try to send out some of these soon; I think my brain is almost ready that I can do it in an organized way. I'll post each time I mail to you so you can expect it; probably 5 each batch or so.

lini
07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
How is your Mom doing OY? I think about her often and wonder...she is so brave to have both knees done at once. And, consider mine a RAK too. You don't have to send me anything except for helping me to learn to be even more snarky. Love ya!

Theresagram
07-22-2009, 08:58 PM
I already told you that mine was an RAK too. ;)

OriginalYouth
07-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks you two. GINORMOUS hugs!

Tellulah
07-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Ditto on the RAK from this end, OY...I did it just to make a mom smile. :)

xstitcher
07-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Put mine in the RAK column, too.

Making a mom smile makes me smile.

OriginalYouth
07-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Bless you both, thank you! Thinking of all on my to-do list is a bit overwhelming. I did get into the studio tonight and clean a bit. I'm going to get in there and MAKE something every day this week whether I feel like it or not. I figure I can ART my way into feeling better faster than I can FEEL my way into ARTing better. At least I'm going to try.

OriginalYouth
07-28-2009, 09:41 AM
If anyone in this thread wants INCHIES as a return, let me know, I need to send some out into the world.

OriginalYouth
07-28-2009, 11:43 PM
OK, I'm finishing up Jimmy Carter today. Do you want me to mail him to you Sarah?

BTW, don't worry about making anything for me. Consider this a RAK for your mom.

He's here! Thanks doll. I won't leave itrader since it's a RAK. You rock!

OriginalYouth
08-08-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm sending out things today, to these participants:
JAD
Ruwbl
Artcards
HaywardCS
Dmnh

I'll be sending to these on Monday (had to make a themed card for them as I didn't have any in my book)
Timeinmyhands
Sunswirlgirl

Thank you for your patience! I've looked briefly at your profiles or gallery and tried to send something you'd like.

I have addresses for these people:
Lynn in NJ
Sarah in San Antonio
Carol in WI
and an envie from Isle of Man, with no addy
If you are one of these 4 people and want something sent back to you, please send me a PM with your username and match the address! Give me a few themes you are interested in as well and I'll try to send you an ATC you'd like.

I sent PMs to everyone on the list who did NOT indicate that this is a RAK. Respond to that with your address and I'll get your cards in the mail THIS WEEK. Thanks!

JAD
08-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Sarah, you do not need to send me something. I enjoyed making the cards for your mom and hopefully made her smile. :) Hugs

hayward_cs
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
WOW! Shock and awe came when I opened up my mailbox and found an envie from you inside. I was completely surprised. I really did not expect you to send me anything (even though I sent an envie with the card ~ it was just a 'Just In Case She Wants To' kinda thing), and what you sent was sooooooo thoughtful. Thanks so much for the amazing surprise :HUGS:

OriginalYouth
08-10-2009, 04:57 PM
You are welcome sweety!

miss
08-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I can do Zachary Taylor if you want. Let me know the address. :)