PDA

View Full Version : galactica glitter paint?

malinmaskros
05-22-2009, 04:17 AM
Iīve been watching some SuziBlu videos (oh, sheīs amazing!), and I saw that she used and loved Galactica glitter paint, and I loved how they looked. But I canīt find it here in Sweden. I donīt know how pricy it is, but I just would like to try it - htye donīt have to be new and unused, or not even full. Does anybody have any to trade? I can offer ribbons, fibers, foreign text pages, cute deco tapes, ATCs, chunky pages - or you could make a wish. If you have something good to offer, I donīt mind doing a bit of shopping (we have awfully good chocolate here, and donīt get me started on liquorice... :D), nothing too over-pricey though. Fingers crossed now!

AnitaM
05-22-2009, 05:19 AM
Do you mean the stewart gill galactica? if you do here is there website http://www.stewartgill.com/online-shop-9-c.asp (http://www.stewartgill.com/online-shop-9-c.asp)

Unfortunately I don't have any left otherwise I would have sent you some to try.

malinmaskros
05-22-2009, 05:48 AM
It could be. And on sale too...
Have you tried it? Is it as good as SuziBlu says?

KatieV
05-22-2009, 07:59 AM
I didn't like the gallactica one that I got. I do really like the pearlise colors that I have though.

AnitaM
05-22-2009, 09:09 AM
I wasn't keen on it. After a while it went "off" in the bottle so the life span is very short. It works well on fabric but to be honest I wouldn't buy it again considering I don't use it that often and the short life span. I have some of their true colours range and colourise and would recomend them especially the true colours. The metalica range also has a short life span after opening as it tends to create a film over the top of th paint.

I've met Becca Gill and her husband a couple of times and have had the pleasure of doing a couple of her workshops - really nice couple.

katilady
05-22-2009, 10:37 AM
i LOVE the byzantia colors--they rock! And what a shimmer they have. the galactica is so so. I have 3 colors and use they only sometimes.

AnitaM
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Yes Kati the byzantia colours are gorgeous I have the green and pink but I also like the turquoise. Have you got a heat gun? If you have have you tried heating it? yummy!!! looks like craters. Oh and if you apply it to shrink plastic before shrinking double yummy.

Sorry Malin got a bit carried away there.

malinmaskros
05-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Thatīs ok, Anita! Thank you all, for all of your input. I still want to try the galactica, but listening to you, I want to try some of the others too! If someoneīs got a bottle theyīre not using, Iīd love to do a trade!

katilady
05-23-2009, 04:53 PM
lemme see if i can find some old medicine bottles to put some in for you. i'll be back to let you know. :)

AnitaM
05-23-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't have any small plastic bottles otherwise I would have sent you some samples. I know at one time they did sample pots of the paints which you could buy - they came as a set - don't know if they still do them.

Ohhh I could send you some byzantia in citrine, rapture and opal and some alchemy interference embossing powder -quartz. I'm sure I've got some verdigree embossing powder to. I'll try and get them sorted out for you sometime this week.

malinmaskros
05-23-2009, 05:33 PM
sounds good, kati
Itīs the thought that counts, Anita! Thank you!

katilady
05-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I found one empty bottle and am looking for more. If I can only find this one what color would you prefer--I have lime green, golden orange, and sahara gold?

malinmaskros
05-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Sahara gold sounds good - gold can always be used somewhere. Though lime green and golden orange both sounds tempting! Thank you! What can I do for you in exchange? Do you want another chunky?

katilady
05-27-2009, 12:50 PM
sure, another chunky sounds good! i found another container--would you prefer green or orange?

malinmaskros
05-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Green, please! Thank you! Do you want the chunky in the same themes, pretty girls or literature, or something else?

katilady
05-28-2009, 08:26 PM
how do you feel about found poetry? you could even do it in swedish, if you didn't mind putting an english translation on the back.

katilady
05-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I am gonna work on your chunky this weekend and hopefully send glitter and chunky out on monday!

malinmaskros
05-29-2009, 01:41 AM
I actually have two found poetry chunkies already done, if youīd like, you can have them both!

katilady
05-31-2009, 05:27 PM
awesome!!!

malinmaskros
06-01-2009, 02:29 AM
they are in the mail!

malinmaskros
06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Iīve done some painting with the Galactica, and I love it. I just wanted to share a tip from Suzi Blu: you can make your own Galactica if you mix acrylic glaze and glitter. I havenīt tried it yet, but will as soon as I get some acrylic glaze.

What Iīd love to try, though, is the Byzantia colours, especially in eye colours. Anybodyīs got any to trade? It doesnīt have to be much, just so I can try it. Oh, the Twinkling H2Oīs work too, I think.

steve_polsz
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
malinmaskros,

do you want me to check it out for you? The art store I go to has a 50% off any one item coupon every week. That's the only time I but my pencil sets. Speaking of pencils, I'm headed to the post office. I just found some greyscale pencils I don't use: French grey in 10%, 20%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 90%. they're tagging along with the rest of the pencils

cheers,
steve

malinmaskros
06-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Youīre a wonderful man, Steve! Thank you! Can I return to you about the paint? I have so many art supplies to buy this month, the Suzi Blu class is becoming rather pricy. But I think itīs so worth it!