Artcards

MEH 8)
Media
Due Date April 1st
Number of Cards - 9 for 9
Number of participants - Full

Up for a challenge???

Sorry this thread is now full

I have always wanted to do a 9 card full page card picture. Then I had an idea that I thought would make it a little more fun! (I apologize in advance if this idea is not original...)

Here's how it goes. There are 9 participants who are each given the outline of the 9 card picture I have done below. Each participant will then colour, paint, collage the picture how they wish - (Make it your own!), cut it up and then post it to me by the first of April (nice long due date!) In return they will receive one card of the picture, from each of the artists involved. In the end each person will then have the picture below, created by 9 different artists! The idea is to exert styles - we all have different styles e.g. To name a small few, the same picture done by MANUZ, lemurkat and Sandymutt would look completely different and unique! (Hope you guys don't mind me using your awesome work as an example!) This also give you a chance to play with colour and techniques so the picture doesn't just look like a seemless colouring page when you get the swaps back. E.g. you might shade the whole picture (or just one section) using only blue shades, using pointillism, inverted colours etc!

Also notice the red circle on the 2nd card down on the left side. I didn't know what to put in there so it is up to your creative skills to fill the gap! You can also add more detail or change parts of the picture if you wish.

HOWEVER, please make sure you keep you adjustments inside each individual card, otherwise they wont match up when I swap them out - PLay with colours and techniques!

Interested?

Then sign up! And I will post you more details!

Rules:
Please send:
- your cards in a page pocket
- A return envelope with you address on front (large clear print) and username on back
- DO YOUR BEST WORK - do not just quickly colour in the lines, slap dash. If everyone did that there would be no

point in doing this - it would be like a colouring book page. Make it your own! Even though the picture is drawn

by me, everyone has their own style and each picture will look completely different but still look whole when

swapped out.

Participants:

Group 1 - post to Spirit Fingers
1. Kevvy wibbles - UK
2. Susie Tex - UK Received
3. Janekensan - UK Received
4. loralou -uk - received
5. Craftygirl34 - UK Received
6. Jklee - Gutamalea
7.Spirit Fingers - NZ
8. Stormarela - can Received
9. Corrie04 - US Received
10.Cazfun - Aus Received

Group 2 - Americans- post to Artcards
1. Howlmoony "Received"
2. Jennifig "Received"
3. Bratgirl524 "Received"
4. Artcards Received
5. Joy flower "Received"
6. maryellen "Received"
7. Elena "Received"
8. Lavenderlizard "Received"
9. Seasong "Received"
10. Chimera.muse "Received"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi...

I'm just checking in to say I'm here and will send my cards for this swap when completed to Spirit.

Cheers

Caz

I'm a bit worried we haven't heard from her yet! Susie... do you think you could put a message in your cards telling her to come here?

I'm a bit worried we haven't heard from her yet! Susie... do you think you could put a message in your cards telling her to come here?

That would be a great idea. If you could that would be wonderful.. Hugs Jena

I'm also sending a letter to her today .. Mine will take a while to get to her.
Hugs Jena

I finished mine, and mailed them yesterday! It was hard to part with them, (isn't that silly??) It was alot of fun and I am ready to sign up for another of these Giant Swaps.

Jankensan, my cards were also a little off on the center, and last row. It is not that noticable after you put them in the page.

Hello all! Sorry I have dissapeared but I have recenlty started a new job and moved to a place where there is no internet access. Just found out there was a new site...whats up with that?? How dare they shut us down!! Anyway, Cards are due the 1st of April to your host. Please email me at sml23@waikato.ac.nz for my address if you do not have it! :)

I was in this swap on ATCards and I am almost done! Can you email me your address?

My cards will be mailed out this weekend. My husband and I used our WACOM pen and tablet and colored everything in digitially and then printed it out on a color laser printer, It actually turned out really nice.

I don't have a 9-pocket page protector, so I'm going to have to send mine in individual sleeves. Sorry. I can't find any of the 9 pocket pages at my local stores.

I'll send a final update, once the cards are in the mail.

Back
Top Bottom