PDA

View Full Version : Journal Swap: Lammas - Due July 21st

OrganicMama
06-24-2009, 10:20 AM
The Sabbats are the Quarter Days (Imbolc, Beltain, Lammas, Samhain) and the Cross-Quarter Days (the Solsitices and Equinoxes). Each day has a specific focus about what is happening in the natural world (Harvest, Planting, Return of the Sun, etc...). We will be swapping pages for each of the quarter and cross quarter days. We are inclusive rather than exclusive regarding diety, interpretation, etc (ie no god/dess turned away for lack of paganness!)

We are continuing our group with Beltaine that takes place on May 1st. We will each end up with 8 books (one for each holiday) full of traditions, rituals, recipes, etc. from other members of the group.

This swap originated in the Pagan social group and has a maximum of 11 people. Open slots are posted if anyone else wants to participate. Each person makes 10 pages (or 11 if you want one of your own!) The 10 pages can be either totally individually made or photocopied/printed bases with added embellishments. We understand that a lot of work will go into these either way!

Pages are: 6x7", allowing a one inch border for binding on the left side(one one side - right or left). Don't decorate that last inch or add any embellishments.

Here is a list of what you can include on your pages (or feel free to add things that aren't here!)
Beverages (herbal, alcoholic, medicinal)
urban magic/practices/rituals for the season
home/kitchen magic
invocations to deities/directions/etc
perfumes
books/music/films that evoke the season
prose
correspondences (colors, animals, elements, deities, numbers, herbs, oils, foods, tarot cards, runes, etc)
Poems, songs, chants
holiday traditions from cultures other than white western europe
crafts
relationship to the earth (gardening, nature, animals, seasons)
seasonal health;
associated deities
rituals for divination associated with season/holiday; rituals for personal transformation associated with season/holiday
Correspondences

Postage: Please send me postage to compensate for returns. For those in the states, $3 is sufficient. For those outside of the states, please send $5 in well-concealed cash, IRCs, or stamps!

Happy Harvest!!

1. OrganicMama
2. jaw
3. adriayna
4. icekat
5. Phrixy
6. Vicki Z
7. redplantlady
8. MedieATC

jaw
06-26-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm in :O) Thanks for hosting!!!

adriayna
06-26-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm in! :)

OrganicMama
06-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Yay! That's the start of a journal. Who else wants in??

icekat
06-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Please sign me and Phrixy up, thanks.

OrganicMama
06-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Gotcha! Now who else....?

Vicki Z
06-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Please sign me up for recipes.
Thanks

redplantlady
06-27-2009, 04:54 AM
Please sign me in for history/lore, thanks :)

OrganicMama
06-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Well that's our core group. Is anyone else in?

OrganicMama
06-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Sure! Just let us know if you have any questions, and we will do our best to answer them!

Dana - Do you still have that spiffy graphic that you made for our first journal swap that showed the dimensions, etc.? Will you post if for this newbie? And maybe a link to some of the pages from previous holidays for inspiration....

Vicki Z
06-28-2009, 07:54 AM
WELCOME MedieATC.
I have seen some of your ATC's, and they are AWESOME:notworthy:
I can't wait to see what you come up with for a Journal Page.

Here is the link for our first Journal Swap - Imbolc -
This link has picts of the Journal pages with dimensions, and where the binding goes, and other stuff:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7973&highlight=imbolc
Plus on Page #3, Post #50, Adriayna posted scans of everyone's pages so you can see what others have done and get a "feel" for the Journals.

Here is the link for the Ostara Spring Equinox Journal
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7973&highlight=ostara
Plus, Adriayna scanned the pages, and the scans of the Ostara pages can be linked below
http://www.danadriscoll.com/scans/ostara/

Here is the link for the Beltane Journal
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9045&highlight=beltane

Here is the link for the Litha/Summer Solstice Journal
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9852&highlight=litha

Here is the link for our most recent Journal Swap - Lammas
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9852&highlight=lammas

OrganicMama
06-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for doing that, Vicki! I'm all in a tizzy with family in from out of town, a big birthday party at my house, and preparing for a camping festival - 6 days of hippy craziness in the woods.... I'll be back to merely busy in 2 weeks....if I survive this...

adriayna
06-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Taylor, I have it somewhere...lol! My life is a mess with packing right now :(

adriayna
06-30-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm working on these today. I'm going to do a cornbread recipe that I usually make for this holiday using fresh corn on the cob :). And maybe add in some other corn-lore. I AM still in Indiana, after all, and corn is plentiful at Lammas!

Vicki Z
07-03-2009, 01:21 PM
You are very welcome.
Blessed Be.

icekat
07-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Working on my hobby horse pages. If anyone wants fuller instructions, I can post them up. The ones on the pages are pretty basic--I'm hoping that the average crafter can figure it out beyond that.

redplantlady
07-09-2009, 03:24 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/822/small/1_lammas_journalred.jpg

Hi here is the Journal page; I have used watercolour on paper and made a Lammas dolly rubber stamp...

jaw
07-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Mine will go to the post office Friday or Saturday. I'll scan them in later. I did a bit different take. I think Michael Jackson influenced me this time.

Vicki Z
07-10-2009, 08:17 AM
redplantlady,
Did you design then carve that rubber stamp? How very cool!

jaw,
What do you mean, Michael Jackson influenced you??????
Yours are going to be VERY interesting pages.

OM,
I mailed my pages.
You should have them shortly.

jaw
07-10-2009, 10:27 AM
LOL! Sometimes a song sticks in my mind and art follows ... it fit this time with Michael Jackson.

redplantlady
07-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Yes! I learnt stamp carving at the UK ArtFest!
Michael Jackson - mmmm, cannot wait to see this!

icekat
07-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Looks like a really great stamp!

jaw
07-12-2009, 02:27 PM
So is everyone sending 10 pages? OM will just send back the extras? That's what I'll do, but only counted 8 signed up ... Where is everyone?

icekat
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
We will be sending for 8 (6 in the envie since we hang onto ours).

Vicki Z
07-13-2009, 07:38 AM
I made 9, then I sent in 8, keeping one for myself.
I only counted 8 sign-ups (which included myself), but I sent in one extra so that if someone signed up at the last minute I wouldn't have to make an additional mailing for one more page.

OM said she would send back any extras.

adriayna
07-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Taylor, my pages are going out today! :)

OrganicMama
07-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Yay to everyone! Sorry for the silence. I was out of town at a festival for the last week and totally forgot to post that I would be gone. Life took a turn for the exciting on Tuesday last week and made me really spacey and forgetful of basics. I have some pages here that came while I was gone and I will do updates soon!

jaw
07-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Festival .... Were you at the Oregon Country Faire?????? I'm sooooooo envious!!! I miss Veneta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having yelled that, I feel better now ... :O)

OrganicMama
07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Of COURSE I was at Country Fair. And it was an awesome time. A band did the whole of Abbey Road (40th birthday for both the Fair and the album), it rained the fair into one big muddy slip-n-slide, and in general it was fabulous. But now I am back on this side of reality and starting to get back to the daily games.

adriayna
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Mine are out to you, Taylor! :)

OrganicMama
07-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Cool. I will look for them. I am hoping to go through the mail today, between doing the loads of damp and muddy laundry that grace nearly every surface of my living room. I am pretty sure that there are 3 parcels here from you people.

icekat
07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Ours will be in the mail today!

OrganicMama
07-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Okay - iTraders and updates duly dealt with. Thanks for waiting. You guys are going to love the pages I am looking at from Vicki, MedieATC, and redplantlady!

OrganicMama
07-29-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm still out here working on my pages. I got everything done and in for my art show (hooray!) and it will be up in the next week. What fun - and the other artists did some amazing work!

Beyond that, I have all the pages now, just waiting for me to get my self in gear and do a little more painting. With 105 degree days, Arthur and I are spending more time at the pool than in the art room. So continue to bear with me and your journal will be back to you soon!

OrganicMama
08-05-2009, 10:06 AM
The pages are on their way today or tomorrow! Thanks for you patience.

OrganicMama
08-10-2009, 09:16 PM
I went camping in the woods for a few days...but not before dropping the belated Lammas pages in the mail on Friday. They should be showing up soon!

jaw
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I got my pages yesterday. They are wonderful.
Phrixy ~ love your drawing ... does the link you list have the translation? (I don't speak/read french) :O) You've given me some homework!! :O)
Icekat ~ wonderful drawing! the small town where my folks live has a Huckleberry Festival this weekend ~ complete with Stick Horse Posse in the parade!
Redplantlady~ fabulous stamp!
Adriayna ~ Your recipe looks yummy!! And your artwork always impresses me.
OrganicMama ~ the tarot spread is interesting ... I'll have to try it!
Two of the pages had no names ... the lavendar harvest W/ pie recipe and the vegetable tart recipe ... I'll get it figured out! ... But wanted to thank the names I had already.

Thanks ladies!!

adriayna
08-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh! Looking forward to seeing the pages! :)

jaw
08-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I think Vicki Z is the Vegetable Tart ... and MedieATC is the Lavender Harvest/Blackberry Pie .... Right? :O) :unsure:

jaw
08-11-2009, 01:21 PM
AHA!!! I found Vicki Z's name ... it was like a "where's Waldo?" ... it had to be somewhere!!! Thanks so much!!

jaw
08-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Phrixy ~ say something .... I wanna give you a "YOU ROCK!" cuz ... well ... you do!!!

Vicki Z
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I think Vicki Z is the Vegetable Tart .... Right? :O) :unsure:

Who you calling a "Vegetable Tart"?
Can I just be a "tart"??

Sorry about that, I didn't want to detract from the page by scrawling my name in HUGE letters, :rolleyes:
but I didn't think I "hid" it either. :twitcy:
Besides, it is rather cool being compared to a Where's Waldo:D

Vicki Z
08-11-2009, 05:55 PM
These are wonderful pages! I always enjoy the diversity of focus, the recipes, and the subject each individaul chooses to depict.

I can't wait to try the recipes and the Tarot spread, and there is some fun new stuff to read and learn. Thanks to all, and thanks OM for hosting. I will give out individual kudos later.

Phrixy
08-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Jaw, the link doesn't have the translation, but Ice translated it and it's here somewhere...

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I apologize for not commenting sooner ^^;;

jaw
08-12-2009, 02:25 AM
What a hoot! I found your name now MedieATC! I needed to hold it in the light. Would you believe that I was really sick and headachy and on some strong drugs when I opened the package? (how's that for an excuse?!) I am going back over them again tonight (sans pills!)

icekat
08-18-2009, 04:01 PM
We got our beautiful pages today! Thanks everyone for all the hard work that went into them--definitely a great first harvest!

redplantlady
08-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Lovely lovely pages, I am so thrilled to be part of this!

redplantlady
08-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Phrixy and IceKat - you do truly rock!! But the site won't let me leave rep - sorry - truly great cards though, thanks so much!!

OrganicMama
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Dana - have you gotten your pages yet??

adriayna
08-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes! I got them a few days ago! Sorry, I've been busy.

Who sent the lavendar seeds? I was SO excited I squealed when I opened the package! Everything else is beautiful too!

Thank you :)

OrganicMama
08-19-2009, 09:14 PM
The seeds are from MedieATC. I'm glad you got them. It's always a little nerve racking - changing addresses... stuff can go astray so easily.

icekat
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh, good to know! I still have to do my reps. Sorry, everyone, I've been trying to get some cards done for swaps at the last minute since we're now able to enter a few more. *bounces*

jaw
08-19-2009, 10:57 PM
RPL ~ when that happens to me (not letting me leave a rep for someone) I go "trolling" and leave reps for people when I see postings I like. (I think you have to leave 10 in between) ... it should work! :O)