PDA

View Full Version : The "What's My Style" Ongoing Challenge

lemurkat
06-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I had so much fun on the "What's my style" swap that now I see so many artists here I wish to interpret the style of. So here's an ongoing thread in the spirit of a "Make Me Happy"

How this works -

Person A: one artist puts themselves forward along with three pieces of their art (as examples of their style) and puts forth the challenge to imitate/interpret their style.

Person B: An artist accepts the challengeand puts up three pieces of their art as examples to the next. They then create and post the card to Person A.

Person C: Another artist accepts the challenge and puts up three examples of their own art. They then create a card in the style of Person B and post it to them.

Etc - you get the idea! The challenge continues.

As the cheeky first-person to start this game, I put my own style up on the table and challenge someone to imitate it. Since I don't have anyone to imitate yet, I'll trade styles with the first person to take up the challenge.

The Rules:
* Cards must be your best work. Please INTERPRET the style, NOT directly copy - that is to say, don't make it identical to a piece already in their gallery.
* Medium is open.
* Card must be completed within TWO WEEKS of accepting the challenge.
* Please PM appropriate person for address
* Keep posts relevant to the thread and if you decide to upload the card (As I hope you shall), do so by editting it into your original post.
* You may also browse the artist's gallery to get further ideas of their style - the three displayed here are indicative only and to help avoid confusion by browsing the gallery yourself.

So here are three examples of my work that I think clearly depict my "style":

So who's up to the challenge? (And remember, first person to respond, I'll draw your style just as you draw mine!).

Kat

ArtsyLady
06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok since I love your illustration so much I'm going to give it a try...I hope I don't dissapoint..

ArtsyLady
06-29-2009, 05:35 PM
These are three of my favorites...not so sure I have a certain style though

Ok here's my attempt to mimic Lemurkats style....I did break a few pencils trying to get the saturation of color that she does. Am I close?

Who is ready to give my style a try?

lemurkat
07-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Here's my piece for Novasmem:

When observing Novasmem's style I noted her outlines were well defined, although not particularly thick with the shading tending to be darker around those lines. Her colouring is quite soft, something I had to really watch as I tend more towards the saturated. She does quite good realistic renderings, often with a printed paper background (I think?) but I chose portions of the background from several of her pieces. Her colours are quite bright, but not saturated and her pieces fun. My poor Katta looks rather a little too serious, but I think otherwise I did an okay job.

Think you can do a better job? Join the Challenge!
And draw Novasmem too.

Juany
09-16-2009, 03:39 AM
LEMUR MAVE TOMORROW I WILL TREAT DRAWN YOUR STILE.

lemurkat
09-16-2009, 03:49 AM
LEMUR MAVE TOMORROW I WILL TREAT DRAWN YOUR STILE.

You've got to draw Novasmem, Juany. Sorry!

Juany
09-16-2009, 08:15 AM
OK THANKS FOR LET ME KNOW

Juany
09-17-2009, 05:36 PM
33070HERE ARE ,HOPE I DID GOOD JOB:swoon:

ArtsyLady
09-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Lovely Juany...thanks

lemurkat
09-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Now Juany, post three of your own so somenoe can attempt your style!

Juany
09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
33084HERE ARE THREE ON MY STYLE ,SHE IS MY DAUGHTER JAZMIN,PORTRAIT,AND LANSCAPES,

Ethereal_sheep
10-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I will give it a shot!

Here are three of my style and the last (fall trees) is my attempt to imitate Juany's style.

Juany, you have a lovely style and I know I came no where near doing it justice!

lemurkat
01-30-2010, 05:06 AM
Okay Ethereal Sheep, I shall bring this thread back to life and attempt a depictation in your style.

Here's three of my more recent pieces for whomever wishes to take up the not-that-difficult challenge of my style:

38821 38822 38823

And here I shall post my piece for Ethereal Sheep:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/283/1_style-etherealsheep.jpg

As this thread is rather old, I used some of your newer pieces for my inspiration. Hope that is okay!

lemurkat
02-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Anyone want to attempt my style? Go on, it's real easy to imitate!

Kat