PDA

View Full Version : OS G-37 “Fuzzy Felters” -Circle Journal - Last Mail Date June 30, 2008

Pages : [1] 2

goatgoddess
02-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Circle Journal #37 - “Fuzzy Felters” - Last Mail Date June 30, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group #37 - Needle Felting Group (to include wet felting) - THIS GROUP IS FULL!!!!!!!!!!!
The pages can be done either by a needle felting machine or by hand with a form pad and a felting needle.

LINKS:Info link: http://blog.betzwhite.com/2006/08/ne…-new-tool.html

Nuno felting, watch this…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtpamYG0Lo

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t…nnel=156457828

this one - Felting: Discussion and Questions
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=199.0

and this one - Felting: Completed Projects
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=198.0

__________________________________________________ _________________

The Rules

These are the steps taken after you sign up:

Group leaders are responsible for the following:
1) Keeping track of who sent what pages to whom
2) Making sure members are regularly posting weekly on the thread, and if they are not, please let LisaB know
4) Collect names/addresses/phone numbers for everyone in the group and redistribute the list to the entire group.
5) Create a mailing order.

Once the New Thread is started, the Group Leader will send out the list with contact information for all members so that we can contact you if necessary. The New Thread will be posted in this 1st Post and at the end of this thread.

5) You are required to check in on this New Thread at least once a week to let us know how things are going. If you are going to be away from the ‘net’ or on vacation or whatever, please let us know in advance so that people aren’t worried about their spreads!

6) If you do not post to your group thread or to a Group Leader for more than two (2) weeks, your membership in the Circle Journals will go on suspension. Your name will be taken off the rotation and pages will not be sent to you. NO EXCEPTIONS. We expect active participation on threads.

7) Mail out dates: We will have mail out dates of every four weeks. This will allow us time for packages to arrive (up to 8 days on them sometimes) and will be easy for all of us to remember when to mail.

Delivery Confirmation Numbers (for USA) on packages are no longer mandatory for page spreads, but if you do use them, post the # in the group thread.

9) We mail our pages to each individual directly, This means that you will have mailing partners each month, each month to the next name down the list until the circle is complete. This will save postage costs and heartaches due to a whole journal getting lost. These will now be handled like “PICK A THEME” swaps. People list their “theme” and page spreads are done for each person in the group.

For example:
Group Leaders set up monthly partners:
A & B - 1st Month
C & D - 1st Month
A & C - 2nd Month
B & D - 2nd Month, etc.

GROUP LEADERS: Maintain mailings to look like this:
Person Apple — > (In Transit to Bingo)
Person Bingo — > (In Transit to Clown)
Person Clown –> (Received from whoever)

- FABRIC GROUPS: Due to the time needed to make pages, fabric pages are ONE page, art on the front and the back is usually the place to add info about yourself.

13) Because these are treated the same as Pick-A-Themes (PAT) each person that completes a spread is entitled to a TRADER RATING. Likewise, if a person does not fulfill their obligation to their partner a Negative Rating is posted if one partner sends and is received, but never received a spread from their partner.

WE WILL START MAILINGS ON THE JAN. 30, 2008.

MEMBERS
1. Carole
2. Goatgoddess
3. Susie Tex
4. Pippin
5. vwozniak
6. JackieR
7. NYJunkie

JANUARY 30th

monarch (Carole) sends to Goatgoddess
Goatgoddess sends to Susie Tex
Susie Tex sends to Pippin
Pippin sends to vwozniak
vwozniak sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to NYJunkie
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

monarch (Carole) sends to Susie Tex
Goatgoddess sends to Pippin
Susie Tex sends to vwozniak
Pippin sends to JackieR
vwozniak sends to NYJunkie
JackieR sends to Carole
NYJunkie sends to Goatgoddess

MARCH 31st

monarch (Carole) sends to Pippin
Goatgoddess sends to vwozniak
Susie Tex sends to JackieR
Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Carole
JackieR sends to Goatgoddess
NYJunkie sends to Susie Tex

APRIL 30th

monarch (Carole) sends to vwozniak
Goatgoddess sends to JackieR
Susie Tex sends to NYJunkie
Pippin sends to Carole
vwozniak sends to Goatgoddess
JackieR sends to Susie Tex
NYJunkie sends to Pippin

MAY 31st

monarch (Carole) sends to JackieR
Goatgoddess sends to NYJunkie
Susie Tex sends to Carole
Pippin sends to Goatgoddess
vwozniak sends to Susie Tex
JackieR sends to Pippin
NYJunkie sends to vwozniak

JUNE 30th

monarch (Carole) sends to NYJunkie
Goatgoddess sends to Carole
Susie Tex sends to Goatgoddess
Pippin sends to Susie Tex
vwozniak sends to Pippin
JackieR sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to JackieR

1. monarch (Carole)……….”Artist’s Choice”……………..88………………….. ….USA
2. Goatgoddess………………”Artist’s Choice”……………..88………………….. ….USA
3. Susie Tex………………….”Artist’s Choice”……………..88………………….. …… UK
4. Pippin………………………”Artist’s Choic”……………….88……………. …….Canada
5. vwozniak…………………”Artist’s Choice”…………….88…………………… ….USA
6. JackieR……………………”Artist’s Choice”…………….88……………. ……..Australia
7. NYJunkie…………………..”Artist’s Choice”……………88………………… ……..USA

first mailing Jan 30th

Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

MARCH 31st

Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Carole

APRIL 30th

Pippin sends to Carole
NYJunkie sends to Pippin

MAY 31st

Pippin(mailing soon) sends to Goatgoddess
JackieR sends to Pippin

June 30
Goatgoddess sends to Carole
Susie Tex sends to Goatgoddess
vwozniak sends to Pippin

Pippin
02-20-2008, 07:32 PM
here I am!!

JackieR
02-20-2008, 09:45 PM
So am I. Couldn't find it at first. Where am I now? Who's next on my list.?

JackieR
02-20-2008, 09:46 PM
I've sent Carols GG

vwozniak
02-21-2008, 09:55 AM
I am here, too! Glad to find our "home".

susietex
02-21-2008, 10:12 AM
So glad to have found you all, I slipped behind a bit but I'm on the case now, hi Pippin got your address, so I'm sorted now.

goatgoddess
02-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow you are ahead of the game Jackie! :)

glad to see everyone! our new place is so nice - going to take a little while to get fully moved in.

NYJunkie
02-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm here, too. I am running a bit late in making my page for goatgoddess, but think I'll be able to get it finished by the middle of next week.
This site is nice -- and it's good to have a 'home' again.

vwozniak
02-21-2008, 07:22 PM
All we need is for Carol to check in, and we will all be accounted for...that was pretty fast..homeless to this bright and cheery new home.

JackieR
02-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Val Fiberellas is also here in the circle journal forum.

Pippin
02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
It is so nice to see everyone again, gosh I feel as if we were away for ages! I have even been inspired to clean up my mess!!

JackieR
02-22-2008, 12:35 AM
It's been a very strange few days hasn't it?

vwozniak
02-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Yes it has been strange, but, thanks to a lot of folks, looks like we landed on our feet with grace.

monarch
02-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm here..........Sorry it has taken me awhile to get here...........Tooooo much going on and losts of mail work to catch up on.........

Anyway jackie I received you most gorgeous gorgeous page!!!!!!! I just keep lOOking at it and wondering how you did it and feel soo special to be the lucky one to receive it!!!!!!! Thanks a whole whole bunch!!!!!! THE QUEEN OF FELTING!!!!!!

vwozniak
02-22-2008, 05:40 PM
I am struggling with my felting. I really want to use the machine to do what I think they call Nuno felting...non-wool fibers. I want to find a creative way to use my silk scraps. So, I appreciate any ideas and hope you will have patience with me as I experiment.

goatgoddess
02-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Cool - I've thought about making some of that my self. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

JackieR
02-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Thankyou Carol. I'm glad it is in a home where it will be loved. That's the great thing about swapping with such a wonderful bunch. You don't mind letting precious things go to those who appreciate them. Val I did my bushfire page with scraps. Some of them felt well and some shred so it was a matter of finding out which did what and how to adjust the amount of 'bashing'

vwozniak
02-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Bashing is a great word to describe the "action". I've been working on one today, I am hoping it will pull together. I am trying to get everything done for the end of the month...which sure comes early this month!!

goatgoddess
02-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Boy doesn't it though :swoon:
and I have to work one day next weekend for mth end :skeptical: so I will be working on my page for Pippin this weekend.

vwozniak
02-23-2008, 10:01 AM
... Val I did my bushfire page with scraps. Some of them felt well and some shred so it was a matter of finding out which did what and how to adjust the amount of 'bashing'

I checked and it's not in this gallery(wanted another peek), if it is easy to do, could you upload it here?

JackieR
02-23-2008, 04:30 PM
done! The base consists of fabric scaps, felted. Then I layered roving and yarn and felted that. You have to be careful when adding layers as you are also felting the fabric more.

Pippin
02-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Now as I cannot remember where we were over "there".... I have received Carols gorgeous page. It is darling I just love it, and Skipper is on his way to New Orleans!

vwozniak
02-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Skipper has taken this opportunity to travel the northern states and southern Canada...he always has loved a little trip, so I know he will find his way here and be exhausted from all that travel, sleeping for days on his arrival.

vwozniak
02-23-2008, 06:45 PM
done! The base consists of fabric scaps, felted. Then I layered roving and yarn and felted that. You have to be careful when adding layers as you are also felting the fabric more.

Thank you, thank you. It really is lovely. I am glad I got to look at it again. My piece is coming along, should be finished by tomorrow.
Oh, it is so good chatting with ya'll again, I didn't realize how much I would miss the fiber folks. I have never been a big chatter around the site so the fiber groups have been my primary contacts.

susietex
02-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Skipper is still on my radar, you just think he's travelling..................

vwozniak
02-24-2008, 06:36 PM
So what does that mean, Susie, are you kidnapping my puppy...international kidnapping has huge consequences..you best be very careful.

vwozniak
02-24-2008, 07:33 PM
So here is my page for NYJunkie. I felted velvet to a cotton base (I tried felting to some felt and almost ruined my machine...tooooooo thick) and then felted pieces of chiffon on top..it has a very different look from pieces with wool fleece.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=1886

JackieR
02-24-2008, 07:43 PM
That's stunning Val. Hasn't the progress in this group been extraordinary!!!

vwozniak
02-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Thank you...yes, we really learn from each other, I am so glad we are still "together".

susietex
02-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Val, fab page, so much energy.
As for international kidnapping, well really!! I'm simply trying to rehome a beautiful little puppy who was reported travelling alone in a postal bag, kidnapping indead!!
*Oh hecK , been sussed, there has to be another way! now let me think!!!*

Pippin
02-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Lovely page Val, I would never have thought of playing with velvet! Just gorgoeus. There will be no kidnapping of poor little Skipper, naughty Susie! If you have any fur balls of your own, send me a pic!!

vwozniak
02-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Actually, SKipper is quite the traveler and probably wouldn't mind a little stop over in the U.K. just as long as he ends up home for a nice long nap, traveling is so exhausting!
Thanks all for nice comments. Try some velvet, it is fun to work with but must have a fairly lightweight base.

goatgoddess
02-25-2008, 10:39 AM
That page is so pretty Val - will need to try that
I didn't get as much done this weekend as I had planned - my kids and grandkids came over Sat and I got this huge bush moved - so took them out to the movies after.

sure glad there is a few days yet before send off date :)

Pippin
02-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Val, did you use cotton velvet, or orayon or silk velvet? I know cotton is really heavy

vwozniak
02-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I use a rayon/silk velvet in my business, so these are scraps. It is lighter and has a soft hand.

vwozniak
02-26-2008, 05:04 PM
NYJunkie, your page is in the mail.

NYJunkie
02-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Val, I'll let you know when your page arrives. I took a peak in your Gallery. It's fantastic.
I've been in a Creative Slump. I have your page nearly done, goatgoddess. I need to add a bit to it today and will let you know as soon as it is posted -- that might be tomorrow or Saturday (I know Sat. is March 1 - sorry). I hope to get it done today -- but don't want to rush it out. Please forgive me.
When I get it done, I'll put a picture in my gallery and post one to this thread, too.
You are all making some fantastic pages....I feel so out of it....but I'll be back in the swing of things soon.

goatgoddess
02-28-2008, 11:48 AM
did everyone mail and rec in Jan?

first mailing Jan 30th

Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Susie Tex sends to Pippin (Susie Tex sending soon)
Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

goatgoddess
02-28-2008, 11:52 AM
NYJunkie - I have fallen into that slump a few times myself lately - finally coming out of it. I think our move took it out of me for a bit there.

Pippin should have everything ready to mail off to you this weekend - your replacement page (another CJ) is nearly done, your felt page is half way there and the post card mat'l (which are ready to go)

NYJunkie
02-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the encouragement - I don't want you to be disappointed, goatgoddess.

Pippin
02-28-2008, 12:31 PM
I think we all lost momentum for a while. Just goes to show how important this is for us! I spent about an hour and a half hunting for my felting needles last night!! Of course I had put them somewhere safe!! The upside is my room is now a lot tidier!! DH is out tonight so I can play ALL night!!

I mailed Skipper last week GG so my January page is on its way. Hope Skipper is not getting cold on his journey! It is 18c below today, never mind the wind chill!!

Pippin
02-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Hurrah, for once I am done on time!! Here is the link to Jackies Page. Not sure whether it is titled Poppies in Perspective or Poppies and Sheep!! I just love sheep!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=2794

JackieR
02-29-2008, 02:28 AM
I love it!!! It's great. I especially love the sheep and the colours in the mountains. This is really clever. And isn't it going to look fabulous on my wall!! Thankyou.

vwozniak
02-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Amazing job,Pippin!

goatgoddess
02-29-2008, 09:47 AM
love that page Pippin - very nice!

goatgoddess
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm sure my page will be wonderful - your work is so lovely! so no worries :)

Thanks for the encouragement - I don't want you to be disappointed, goatgoddess.

NYJunkie
02-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I got your page done, goatgoddess, and I'm going to take it to the Post Office today. I guess I can work under pressure. Also, I try to keep committments.

:v_spin:

vwozniak
02-29-2008, 02:37 PM
O.K. NYJ, are you going to post them for us to see????

goatgoddess
02-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Well you are ahead of me NYJ - I won't be mailing till Sat - yeah we want to see the page :)

goatgoddess
02-29-2008, 05:04 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=2889&page=1#comment2284

it's posted in her gallery and it's beautiful! I love the color and texture! It's wonderful thank you so much NYJ - can't wait to see it in person!

vwozniak
02-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Just checked it out, it really is beautiful, great job NYJ!

JackieR
02-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh I love that too. The frame idea is really great. something I wouldn't have thought of.

Pippin
02-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Lovely work NYJ!

NYJunkie
03-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments on my page. I tried to post it and it didn't work because the file was too big -- had to reduce the size. Can't we put pictures in these threads???

Val, I got your absolutely gorgeous page yesterday. It is so beautiful and I just love the feel of the velvet. Thank you a million times!!! I also, like the journaling on the back. That really personalizes the page.

I'm so new to making journals and am learning from each page I see and receive. By the time this book is done, I'll know enough to make better pages. I also never though about using scrapbook plastic pages, Val. That's a good idea and will protect the fabric

JackieR
03-01-2008, 05:56 PM
We can put pictures in by using the attachment feature. Go advanced and scroll down until you see manage attachments and load it up from your computer. You have to watch the size of the file.

vwozniak
03-01-2008, 09:07 PM
NYJ, so glad you liked the page, it was really a joy to do.

goatgoddess
03-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Pippin sending out a package today for you - need to load a scan of my felted page for you, also sending the makeup page (at long last) and the ingred. for the fabric postcard. :)

Pippin
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Wow that is going to be one yummy package!! Thank you so much for my FabricHoneys page, you are so sweet!
I have a pile of stuff for the postcard and I think I am just going to send it all and you can play with the rest!!!

SusieTex is out of action for a while on bed rest. Her hubby posted to let everyone know

monarch
03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
http://http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=3531&w=l

Here is susietex's page.......

vwozniak
03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Skipper arrived in New Orleans today. He is so fabulous..he just keeps me smiling, just like the real one. When I showed Skipper to Skipper there were several welcoming licks...thank goodness for plastic page holders!! Thank you so much, Sharon, for your wonderful creativity. Skipper keeps mumbling something about Susie...she is ill and he feels he should go visit...

Pippin
03-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I am glad Skipper approved of Skipper!!! Glad he arrived safe and sound too!

JackieR
03-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Well you'll have to go with him Val. Otherwise he might get lost!!

NYJunkie
03-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I reduced the file size for my page -- here it is:

vwozniak
03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Well you'll have to go with him Val. Otherwise he might get lost!!
Now wouldn't that be a trip, me and the two SKippers wandering the globe...I think it might be more than Susie is up for right now!!!
NYJ, just love that piece, so well done and beautifully finished!!

goatgoddess
03-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Your page got here yesterday NYJ - it's beautiful!!! Thanks so much - the colors are so nice and the finish is so nice :)

NYJunkie
03-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm glad you got my page, gg. Now I'm going to have to start thinking about the next page for SusieTex. I know she's sick -- so maybe I'll try and dream up something cheery....

susietex
03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Hello everyone, I'm here, I've missed you all. Val, please say thanks to Skipper for thinking of me, it would have been a bit crowded at the bottom of the bed, my own pooch took up residence during the day, lovely warm feet though.

So very sorry to be holding up the proceedings, I've been around chatting online once in awhile but not managed any work. I now have Pippins page ready to go, Val's nearly finished and one on the drawing board. I'll keep you posted, so glad to be back.:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

JackieR
03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi Susie. Don't try to do too much. No-one wants you to have a relapse!!

vwozniak
03-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Yes, Susie, take your time. So glad you are up and around.

goatgoddess
03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
susietex - take care of yourself first - the rest will come :) glad to see you posting.

monarch
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
susietex - Your page is finally being mailed today.....I hope you like it!!!!! Still debating about buying a machine..........I used a felting needle tool with multi needles on it and I think it worked out really good........................

vwozniak
03-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Just want ya'll to know Barefootchef and I have just started a fiber/fabric critique group..if you are intersted or know someone who might be...check it out http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2005

Pippin
03-14-2008, 09:28 PM
It was like Christmas today!! I got a gorgoeus felted page from GG. It is so tactile and lovely! AND i got a page another page from GG for FabricHoneys AND postcard materials!

I just love my pages Debra, they are lovely, thank you SO much.

susietex
03-15-2008, 07:41 AM
susietex - Your page is finally being mailed today.....I hope you like it!!!!! Still debating about buying a machine..........I used a felting needle tool with multi needles on it and I think it worked out really good........................

Oh, thank-you very much, that's a lot of hard work by hand, can't wait to see it.

NYJunkie
03-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Val, I just checked out the fiber/fabric critique thread. It is a great idea, but I know I won't be able to keep up the pace and make one piece a week.

vwozniak
03-15-2008, 06:18 PM
NYJ, the piece can be something you are doing for another swap, just need to post ongoing work.

goatgoddess
03-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Did I miss anything? I know SusieTex is hasn't been feeling well. Hope you are feeling better SusieTex!

updates Please :)

first mailing Jan 30th

Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

Pippin
03-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Skipper has arrived with Val and Jackies Purple mountains are on thier way too!

goatgoddess
03-19-2008, 12:56 PM
thanks pippin!

Pippin
03-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Just checking to see who my next victim is and I see it is NYJ!! Now off to look at your preferences!!!

susietex
03-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Nearly caught up in this and the other group, hope to post in bulk after Easter.

monarch
03-21-2008, 05:13 PM
I just finished my page today except for the back........The funny thing is I didn't know who I was doing it for till I just looked and it is for you pippin.....It is an Under The Sea one and I'll post it here soon.....................I sure hope you like it...I really has alot of fun making it....... I think it turned out really nice for using a felting tool needle.......

JackieR
03-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Susie. Hope you are feeling better.

monarch
03-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Here it is pippin.......

If you have a minute please critique me on this everyone..........The fish are taped on.....I don't know if the colors of them are too bright........ and should the jelly fish stay or should I remove it.........Everything is felted on except for the seed beads and the french knots....Alot brighter in person................

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3286/2350888130_3fe92736b6.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2310/2350306185_ba6609e6cf.jpg

Pippin
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Oh Carol that is just darling!! I love the little fish and the jelly fish do leave them on! The colours look fine to me. My eye is drawn to the empty space above the bottom fish for some reason, what does he look like there, or does that leave a space at the bottom?? It is adorable!!

monarch
03-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks!!! pippin.........Easy fix.......I added some lavendar fiber and a few seed beads and moved the taped fish.........I have to admit, it looks better don't you think..... Thanks!!!

NYJunkie
03-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Carol, I love your Under The Sea page. The jellyfish and fish add a lot and I'm glad you kept them. Pippin's suggestion to move the fish was great. The green and blue background is perfect for this scene.
Isn't it interesting how the pages evolve and how they get better. We are definitely learning as we work.
Susietex, I hope to work on your page this weekend and get it mailed out by the end of the week. I have a couple ideas and will have to see which works out better.
Pippin - I have no preferences for a page -- anything you do will be wonderful.

susietex
03-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Carol, that is such a great page, such fun, lucky Pippin.

Jackie, yes thank-you I'm feeling much better, especially as I can create again, I was driving myself batty!!!!

vwozniak
03-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Carol, what a fun, colorful page...I just love the jellyfish.

Pippin
03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks NYJ, I feel I have free reign to play!!!!

goatgoddess
03-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Carol - I love that page - those fish are so cute and the jelly fish is wonderful - you do the best undersea scapes.

Susietex so glad you are feeling a better! don't push yourself too much - there is time yet :)

JackieR
03-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Carol that page is great. I love the jellyfish and the moving of the second fish has perfected the balance. Isn't it funny how one simple thing can change the look of a piece. When I look back at what I was doing when this group started I am amazed at my progress. Without this challenge I wouldn't have tried some of these things. I don't have anyone to bounce things off near me so I love these fiber groups and you wonderful artists

Pippin
03-22-2008, 12:56 AM
I agree Carol, just perfect now!! I love it!!

vwozniak
03-22-2008, 05:49 PM
I have been primarily felting silk scraps and have not been totally pleased with them. I used to spin and have some fiber stored away, so today I pulled it out, hoping to find some interesting wool, only to discover lots of cotton fiber. Of course, I live in "cotton country"!!! So I dyed some today and am playing with it...you will see when I finish. It is not the same as wool but it does felt with the felting machine. This has been a fun and educational adventure...and we've barely just begun!!

JackieR
03-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I have some alpaca fleece, actually a whole fleece that my friend across the road gave me so my next learning experience will be to dye it. Help Val!!

vwozniak
03-22-2008, 08:31 PM
O.K., do you have access to acid dyes? If so , soak the fleece in a combination of vinegar and water. Put 4 cups of vinegar in a gallon container and fill it with water (or use that ratio with more or less water. Let the fleece soak for at least an hour (if the fleece has a lot of lanolin in it you will need to degrease and I have forgotten how but if you need it I will look it up. Next mix up the dye in small containers (about cup size) putting 1 tsp-1tablespoon dye to the cup of water, add a touch of liquid soap. Get some foam brushes and paint the dyes on the fleece. Wrap the fleece in plastic and steam. I steam stuff in a big canning pot. I have an upside down strainer with a pot lid on top of it in the pot. I put the rolls of stuff to be dyed on the pot lid, close and steam for 20 minutes. Now you can also put it in small batches in a microwave and watch carefully...but don't use a microwave you use for food.

Another way is to put an old pot on a heater ( I don't use my stove but an electrical element outside) with 2 1/2 gallons of water. Take about 1 Tablespoon dye (more or less and in a container add 1 tablespoon salt and 3/4 cup vinegar and a touch of liquid soap. Mix with some boiling water. Add the dye mixture and the fleece to the pot...heat to boiling, don't stir too much (or you will have a new kind of felting) Let it stay heated up for about 20 minutes then just let it cool down.

When either way is cooled down, rinse well and dry. THe cotton I dried to day I just put in the yard on some pot lids in the sun and spread them out. Then felt!!!
Now different fibers take the dye differently but you can always dye again if too faint. I usually dye a red, blue, and yellow and maybe turquise..and mix them around a little, pulling them out and adding them to another pot, to get different colors. You can also put the chemicals and wool in the pot and sprinkle dye on top.. mabe two or three colors...very hard to control but interesting...well that was a lot, I hope helpful.

JackieR
03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Wow! Thankyou. I will print this out. I have to clean it first as it's straight off the animal.

vwozniak
03-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Worked on Carol's felted piece, today. This is the one with the dyed cotton fiber used in the flowers. You can find it here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/23856135@N02/2353578368/
Jackie, I know it sounds like a lot, but once you get everything together it goes really fast...it's the same process I used with the cotton, today, but with soda ash instead of vinegar. It probably didn't take an hour.

JackieR
03-23-2008, 01:03 AM
That page is lovely Val.

JackieR
03-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I have spent some quality days finishing off projects. This is Deb's page. It's based on chryanthemums by Monet.

vwozniak
03-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Jackie, that is beautiful, Monet is addicting, almost as much as the felting machine!!!

JackieR
03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
LOL True!!!

goatgoddess
03-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Jackie I love it - so pretty - love the colors!!!!

Val that is so interesting and love the texture!

susietex
03-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Jackie, that's lovely, well done. Super colour mix.

JackieR
03-24-2008, 04:19 PM
It'a a girl and I'm a grandma!!!

susietex
03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Grandma Jackie, congratulations, I hope Mother and Baby are both well, so how long before your Grandaughter starts her craft training?!!! LOL.

vwozniak
03-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow! That time flew by, CONGRATULATIONS, now, more info...size, name, etc. How exciting!!!

JackieR
03-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Holly. I forgot to ask about the rest I was so excited LOL. I'm going down soon so will get all the info.

JackieR
03-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Deb I will be sending you a parcel with your page and the ATCs from Advanced fabric, one of which is for you.

vwozniak
03-27-2008, 06:08 PM
My stash of dyed silks, and occasional cottons, is growing by leaps and bounds. I would love to share some of this with anyone interested. Just send me an addressed envelope and I will send it back with goodies. I will pay for the postage. Today, I was about to throw away a large piece of dark blue marbled cotton and thought...someone might like some of this. Some are silk chiffon, which is quite sheer, but works well when ironed on to interfacing.
I also have a large bin of selvege edges that I serge off of silks when making scarves etc. They really are fun to felt with, if you would like some of those let me know.

Pippin
03-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Hmm I might just have to send you an envie!!! AS if I dont have enough already!!! Anyway I digress as usual, I have finished NYJs page. It sort of did itself, and I was originally going to do more stuff on it but it kept screaming NO no no leave me alone I am done so for once I listened!! I have called it Midnight Garden Fantasy and do now see that anything else I did would have detracted not added..... the base is velvet, which I would never have thought of using if it were not for Val.Thanks Val! Then I added organza and yarns and then machine stitching with metallic therad.
I do hope you like it NYJ

goatgoddess
03-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh Jackie how wonderful! a baby girl! Congras!

Jackie will be watching for my package :)

Pippin - that is beautiful!

Val I will take you up on that - will mail you a envie with postage this weekend :) thank you!

vwozniak
03-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Pippin, that is lovely...so ethereal, great work,, and isn't that velvet fun?
Ok gang, send those envelopes...I am having fun just planning what I will send back...make them big!!

JackieR
03-29-2008, 02:09 AM
I love that page Pippin. It's quite beautiful!!

monarch
03-29-2008, 12:36 PM
pippin - Awesome pages!!!!!!!!

NYJunkie
03-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Pippin, I love the page -- the image is so delicate and fiberous -- love it on the dark background. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

SusieTex - I'm running behind scheduled, but hope to post your page on Monday. I have it nearly done.

NYJunkie
03-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Finally -- 'last minute NYJunkie' finished the page for Susie Tex and I'm going to the Post Office this afternoon.

Here it is:

susietex
03-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh wow, that's fantastic, thankyou so much, I'll have to wait until I get back home to see it..... what a welcome home.

susietex
03-31-2008, 05:08 PM
I really came to say a huge thankyou to Carol as your fab felted page arrived, it's lovely.

susietex
03-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes me again!! Guess what I finally have something in my gallery.....including Pippins page!!!

JackieR
04-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Wonderful page arrived from Pippin. It's great! I'll have to stop stroking it before I get it dirty!!

goatgoddess
04-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Wow what a fab page NYjunkie - love the flowers!

SusieTex - lovely - wonderful colors and texture!

Val that is such a pretty page with the velvet!

I got the most wonderful felted page from JackieR - it's beautiful! the pictures do not show all the fine detail in the stitching! I love it - thanks so much Jackie!

I'm late this mth - will be sending this weekend I promise - my coworker is back! so I will have more time for fun stuff now :) I was working such long hours it was a chore to drag myself home and then do the goat stuff - wasn't leaving much for play. I'm lucky Val is just one state over :)

goatgoddess
04-01-2008, 03:05 PM
does this listing look right?

Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

MARCH 31st

Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Carole

NYJunkie
04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Looks good to me....

JackieR
04-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Mine's right!

Pippin
04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Mine is correct as of tomorrow!!! I thought I had mailed NYJ's page before I left but it is still here! Oops sorry bout that! I have to say my Nephew is just adorable!!!

vwozniak
04-07-2008, 10:03 PM
NYJ, have you received mine yet? It was mailed at the end of February and I thought it had reached you.

NYJunkie
04-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Val, I received your fantastic page on March 1 and gave you an iT. Remember -- I commented on your lovely writing on the back of the page.....

Pippin, I'll let you know as soon as your page arrives.....

goatgoddess
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
NYJunkie - I have you marked as rec from Val but was missing some of the code so it didn't come up green - got it fixed - thanks!!!!

goatgoddess
04-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I had a baby goat a thon this past weekend - 7 born with two more yesterday so got very little done of what I had planned - had two very hard birthings - did lose one baby goat (I think he had been gone for a couple of days) but moms and all other kids are all doing well now - I'm sorry Val it's going to be a couple more days - I've got a start on it but that is all so far - your other journal page is nearly ready to go and I will post pic's in a bit got lots of little goat faces for that one <G>

Pippin
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh how exciting, look forward to seeing the babies!

monarch
04-08-2008, 01:49 PM
pippin - Your page is finally being mailed today.......along with the postcard ingredients.......

vwozniak
04-08-2008, 02:13 PM
GG, take your time, I know it will get here! Looking forward to seeing those babies!!

monarch
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
val - Your awesome page has arrive!! Thanks so much for your time and work!!!

goatgoddess
04-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

MARCH 31st

Goatgoddess sends to vwozniak (sending 4/16/08)
Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Carole

goatgoddess
04-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I got your page nearly done Val - just have to do a bit more and get the backing on it and it's off to your place :)

goatgoddess
04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
APRIL 30th is coming up fast - going to get a start on Jackie's this week so I don't get behind again <G>

Pippin sends to Carole
NYJunkie sends to Pippin

susietex
04-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Hello, hello the good news is, that because I've been soooo slow in catching up (sorry again), I get to play in the group for longer!!!!

I can still post here and hopefully not be by myself, that would feel silly.

well that's the good part for me, the even greater part is that I get to send and recieve pages for longer......

So a huge THANK YOU to NYJUNKIE for her fabulous felted red flowers page, I just love it!!

goatgoddess
04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
well of course we will still be here to chat :) and ohhhh and awwwhhhh over the pages.

thanks for the update :)

Pippin
04-15-2008, 12:19 PM
We'll keep you company Susie, wouldnt want you to get lonely!

vwozniak
04-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I am leaving for Peru on the 22nd so today worked on my piece for GG. I was inspired by a painting of Cezanne's.http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/galllery/index.php?n=9355

Pippin
04-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Gorgeous Val! I live it, sure GG will too!

goatgoddess
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
ohhhh look at that - how wonderful - thanks so much I do love it! it's beautiful!

susietex
04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Val, that's another stunning page, well done.
Have a great time in Peru, see if you can bring a couple of lamas home, great for needlefelting, the wool that is, not the animal!!!!

JackieR
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Ohhhh!! Great page Val. Felting really lends itself to these wonderful painters. I will be here for a while Susie. I am behind as well. I have to go and make a sign for Holly's door now.

vwozniak
04-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Thank you all, this was such a fun page to do, as usual I contemplated it a couple of weeks before actually beginning. I used the cotton fibers again...they are growing on me!

NYJunkie
04-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Val, what a gorgeous page. Thanks so much for posting it. Hope you have a great and safe trip!

I was brushing the dog and my husband said I should use the fur for felting. Oh -- black dog fur would be funny. Even the birds wouldn't use it for nests. No - I won't be using it for felted pages -- so don't worry.

susietex
04-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Pippin, watch the post, there is something on it's way, yes really!!!

Pippin
04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
ooh how exciting!!!! Taps foot and curses slow Canadian postal System in advance!!

vwozniak
04-19-2008, 07:49 PM
GG,, the bowl of peaches is on it's way to you.

goatgoddess
04-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

MARCH 31st

Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Carole

APRIL 30th

Pippin sends to Carole
NYJunkie sends to Pippin

goatgoddess
04-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Really hoping your package gets there before you leave Val - hope you have a most wonnderful time on your trip :)

vwozniak
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Well, I am leaving tomorrow morning (before my postman makes his rounds), so it will be a lovely surprise when I return. I am really looking forward to this trip, I will be there for a month, mostly in Cuszo and the surrounding area. I do "on the road" emails while traveling, if anyone wants to be on my list, just pm me your e-mail address. I will stay in touch while traveling.

JackieR
04-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Sounds wonderful Val. I think you have my email address but I'll PM anyway. Have fun

goatgoddess
04-22-2008, 09:47 AM
wow Val you will have so much fun! well it looks like my package didn't make it but yours did - LOVE the page so much - thanks it's perfect. the shading is so nicely done. And extra bits of fabric - wayyyy tooo cool - I will be making good use of them for sure :)

NYJunkie
04-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I heard from Val -- she's getting pretty comfortable in Peru and it will undoubtedly influence her future pieces.

Anyway---Pippin, I have your page about half done and hope to finish it in the next day or two. It will be quite different from my other pages -- right now I'll keep you guessing about it.....

Pippin
04-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Ooh I am excited! I spent the weekend spring cleaning so NO artwork got done!!! My sewing room got a jolly good clear out though! I have WAY TOO MUCH fabric! Am exchanging my existing machine for a new one soon and am very excited!!! The embelisher now has a space of its own too on the end of the table. Still think I need another tabel in there!! Resident sewing assistant ( Mistress Rowan ) was NOt a happy cat though, I moved things!!

JackieR
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM
LOL You have that "I'll just get a half metre of that" syndrome too Susie?

Pippin
04-28-2008, 08:46 PM
My gorgeous page arrive from Susie on the weekend! I love it!!

NYJunkie
04-29-2008, 01:45 PM
I finished the page, Pippin, and it will be in the mail tomorrow....Hope you like it.

vwozniak
04-29-2008, 05:05 PM
NYJ, that is one adorable bird...so well done and so cute!

JackieR
04-29-2008, 09:05 PM
What a great page NYJ. I love the way the music comes out and spreads around!

Pippin
04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh my but will you look at that cute little bird!! what a sweetie pie and she is singing her way to me!! I love it NYJ! Thanks so much

NYJunkie
04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone....I'm glad you noticed the music spreading around.....like my backyard birds. It's flying to you Pippin.

JackieR
04-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Roses for SusieTex which will be sent tomorrow.

Pippin
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Lovely page Jackie! The colours are spectacular!

vwozniak
05-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Wow Jackie, great page!! What fun this felting has become!

goatgoddess
05-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

MARCH 31st

Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Carole

APRIL 30th

Pippin sends to Carole
NYJunkie sends to Pippin

goatgoddess
05-01-2008, 12:07 PM
any more updates? I'm working on mine - this newest group of babies (goats) has tied me up more than I thought they would. But it's starting to ease off - just have to get past a Buck Show and Doe show (Goat shows like dog shows just goats) and I can get everything back to normal!

will have my page ready to mail to Jackie on monday. :)

Pippin
05-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I have Carols Fab fish page !! Thought I posted a while back, but maybe not!

goatgoddess
05-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I sure could have missed it - thanks Pippin!

JackieR
05-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Wow Jackie, great page!! What fun this felting has become!

I totally agree Val. Without this group I would never have improved with this medium. It's great! I am getting really confident with the machine now although I broke another needle yesterday!!!

goatgoddess
05-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Val's from me is waiting (hopefully) on her to return and Jackie I have your page done and ready to go just have to get by the postoffice. Will post a pic hopefully tonight - have a buck show I'm getting ready for this Sat. this is my last year to do the show wayyyy tooo much work for one person.

any other updates?

susietex
05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone, I'm back, no more trips planned so now down to serious work!

Jackie, that fantastic Rose page is simply awesome, can't wait for it to arrive, thanks so much.

Pippin, glad you like your page, hope it was worth the wait!!!!

susietex
05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
NY, that bird is just lovely. I really think that this group has come on in leaps and bounds, it is just so much fun.

Pippin
05-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone, I'm back, no more trips planned so now down to serious work!

Jackie, that fantastic Rose page is simply awesome, can't wait for it to arrive, thanks so much.

Pippin, glad you like your page, hope it was worth the wait!!!!

It was !!! I might even be inspired to crochet or knit in that manner myself!!!!( still knitting a wrap I started 18 months ago.. not realy a knitter you might say!)

Pippin
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Sorry to report that I am struggling for innspiration on Caols page. Grrr the fuzzy felting muse is off hibernating somewhere. Maybe tonight ???????

NYJunkie
05-09-2008, 04:02 AM
Jackie, great Roses page. SusieTex is lucky.

I'm going to have to start thinking about making a cover for my Journal. I want to make something that I can leave out on a table for everyone to see. Has anyone else thought about or made a cover for this journal?

goatgoddess
05-09-2008, 09:03 AM
I keep going between doing a book or would I rather have a wall hanging - still can't make up my mind :nah:

Pippin
05-09-2008, 11:24 AM
same here!! I got so bummed out about my other cover going missing in the mail I cant quite bring myself to do another!!!!

goatgoddess
05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I understand that - it does break your heart when one goes missing. I still wonder where mine is and that was over a year ago. I just hope whoever got it likes it and didn't trash it.

JackieR
05-09-2008, 06:23 PM
I have pinned all mine up and made a super wall hanging. I sit opposite it when I have my breakfast and i love it!!!! I am going to put my postcards together into a concertina with a ribbon to close it. I'll do my own for the front and back. I can put lots in if I do that.

Pippin
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Is there any sign of your page yet NYJ?? I am getting worried again!!

NYJunkie
05-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Pippin, I don't know why it took so long -- but your fantastic page arrived yesterday. I absolutely love it and am so glad you decided to ship it away to me. The envie was very dirty and it looked like tire tracks ran over it. Fortunately, the page is in perfect condition. I love the velvet and metalic threads -- it's too beautiful!!!!

Pippin
05-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh my, it did take a while!! I do wonder sometimes what happens when you get dirty envelopes! Tire tracks though eek.

Pippin
05-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Finished Carols page yesterday, will mail this week. It is a felted garden with beads and of course a butterfly! The butterfly was wet felted!

JackieR
05-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Oh I love this page. Very nice indeed. I haven't tried wet felting yet. I have lots of alpaca fleece so I should give it a go.

monarch
05-21-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm here and busy working away on my pages........I'll check in again soon......

goatgoddess
05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

MARCH 31st

Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Carole

APRIL 30th

Pippin sends to Carole
NYJunkie sends to Pippin

goatgoddess
05-21-2008, 10:18 AM
love the page pippin - so pretty and what a great butterfly.

my car died last friday so have to get shopping to get a new one. not looking forward to that at all. I want to play all weekend but car shopping may cut into that a bit - hope not.

only two more mailings! love this group so glad you had the idea Carol to have a felting CJ group.

next up - MAY 31st

JackieR sends to Pippin

Pippin
05-21-2008, 06:44 PM
I have had a brainwave Carol, I am going to send your page registered as I dont trust the postal system between Canada and North Dakota!!and I will include the postcard stuff in there! Ha I will beat the posties!!

JackieR
05-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Hmmm!!! Having a bit of trouble with inspiration at the moment. I have been unwell and that seems to zap my artistic energy. But I will get thinking.

monarch
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
pippin - Will that get expensive for you to mail that way......

jackie - val's page should got out on Friday.......I know I'm behind but I'll double by doing my last two pages the first of June and than I'll be done...... Sorry for the delay val.....

Pippin
05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I'd rather send it registered than lose it!! Its not that bad actually for a page and some fabric!! Just thought though, they may not deliver to a PO box, can you PM me with your home address??

JackieR
05-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I think you mean GG, Carol.

monarch
05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
jackie maybe I not thinking right but are you saying I'm suppose to be mailing to GG.....................I'm seeing I mail to val.......

Here is your page val.......I hope you like it.....I'm doubting everything I do now and don't think it is good enough..................Anyway it will go in the mail tomorrow......scan is really dark......much lighter in person....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2409/2513967596_8b40f5b595.jpg

vwozniak
05-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Carol, I love it, great flowers and great felting, love the beads , too.

JackieR
05-22-2008, 06:08 PM
jackie - val's page should got out on Friday.......I know I'm behind but I'll double by doing my last two pages the first of June and than I'll be done...... Sorry for the delay val.....

Sorry to confuse you Carol. GG is the group leader not me. BTW I LOVE your page. I think everyone in this group has grown artistically and technically. I looked back at my first efforts and am very happy with what I am doing now. Thankyou Carol for the idea for this group. I needed this push.

Pippin
05-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Great page Carol, I love the flowers and the fibres on the side!

vwozniak
05-23-2008, 02:41 PM
I am home and received GG's wonderful felted flowers, I just love them, and the colors are great! Thanks so much!!!

JackieR
05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Welcome back Val!!!

NYJunkie
05-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Welcome back, Val....it was wonderful hearing about your trip. Now I have to start your page and hope that it will reflect some of your Peru stories......

vwozniak
05-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks everyone, great to be home, but as usual, I am exhausted...will feel better in a couple of days, I guess I run on adrenalin and then when I get home it catches up with me!!

susietex
05-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Val, hope you had a fantastic time, nice to have you back.

susietex
05-24-2008, 02:32 PM
To all my lovely felting friends, apologies AGAIN, for not keeping up, this arthritis thing is a killer, so much for a holiday making you feel better.

Pippin
05-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Take it easy Suze, no worries, we know they are worth waiting for!

NYJunkie
05-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Val, it looks like I'm not going to get your page finished today. Yesterday I broke 4!!!! felting needles and have to get more. I'm going away for the weekend, so please forgive me for being late. I'll try and get the page done and a picture posted next week. I'm going to run out today and find needles -- but won't have time to work on the page.

vwozniak
05-29-2008, 09:11 AM
NYJ, that is fine, I'll look forward to seeing it when it's done. Susie, I am running late with yours. I came home with an upper respiratory infection and have stayed away from the textiles until it clears...hopefully it will be done by early next week.

Pippin
05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
I empathise NYJ, I broke a bunch when I was felting Skipper!!

I have GGs page in my head now, Ok I have about three pages in my head all battling for room!!! Hopefully will get to it this weekend as we are promised a weekend of rain!!

susietex
05-29-2008, 11:43 AM
I empathise NYJ, I broke a bunch when I was felting Skipper!!

OMG you stuck needles into poor Skipper!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh: Well I hope when he has a drink he leaks out of all the holes onto your floor!!!!:skeptical:

vwozniak
05-29-2008, 01:24 PM
OMG you stuck needles into poor Skipper!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh: Well I hope when he has a drink he leaks out of all the holes onto your floor!!!!:skeptical:
Don't worry, Skipper healed quickly...but there seems to be a pattern here of broken needles working on pieces for me...I should buy stock in those needles!!! (Actually I have purchased quite a few myself)

Pippin
05-29-2008, 01:39 PM

Little Miss Smarty Pants!!!! LOL

NYJunkie
05-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I just bought 3 packages of those Clover hand punch needles. My husband thinks he will be able to cut them down so they'll fit my machine. I sure hope so -- they will be lots cheaper than the regular ones I have to buy. I'll let you know if that works. Otherwise, I'll hand punch while I'm out of town this weekend and finish up the page on Monday or Tuesday when I get home.

Oh -- poor Skipper -- stuck with needles. My needles broke in a person!!! (keeping you in suspence, Val)

The page was getting very thick --- so they broke as I moved the fabric. Then I just punched in one place; stopped the machine; moved the fabric; punched again -- they still broke. I think one of you (can't remember who - sorry) said that needles break easily when the wool gets too think.....I just proved that.

Val -- I hope you get well. Did you get that infection on the airplane???

goatgoddess
05-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Need to get started on my page for NYJ - still batting around a few ideas :)

JackieR
05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
I have done your page Pippin and I will mail it on Monday.

JackieR
05-29-2008, 09:21 PM
I have called it 'Sunrise' Where I live I can see down onto the city of Sydney. Because of the pollution the sunrises are stunning. The air is clear here in the mountains but I can see this when I walk in the morning.

Pippin
05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
That is just stunning Jackie!! I adore it! Thank you SO much!

JackieR
05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks Pip. I was a bit worried half way through but the end result was exactly right. It's a bit more sparkly than the pic suggests.

vwozniak
05-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Lovely work, Jackie..amazing colors!

goatgoddess
05-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Jackie that is so pretty! love it!

monarch
05-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Awesome page jackie!!!!!

Val I just mailed your page today.........I don't know why I mail it so late.......

susietex
05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Jackie, that page is such wonderful colours, great!

vwozniak
05-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks Carol, I will be looking for it!!

JackieR
06-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Received a wonderful page in the mail from GG. It's already on my wall Deb. Thankyou!

NYJunkie
06-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Jackie - great page! It looks so soft and makes me want to touch it.

Val, I have to put the back on your page and then it's done. I'll get it in the mail on Monday and post a picture by Sunday. Sorry it is taking so long....my sewing machine bobbin kept jamming and I had to quit for a while. The problem was 'old thread' and the wrong interfacing. I finally got that figured out.....

NYJunkie
06-08-2008, 03:47 AM
Val, I finally got your page done (TWICE)!!! The first time I finished your page, I turned it over and saw that I'd put the back on upside down. So....had to take it apart and finally got it right. I'm only telling everyone this so that you don't make the same mistake....Haste makes Waste.....

I'll be mailing the page on Monday...

Here's the page:

vwozniak
06-08-2008, 09:34 PM
NYJ what an amazing page...I just love it, you really captured Peru..thank you so much..so sorry it was so much trouble. My computer has been in the shop so I have only been able to sneak on line here and there....Carol your wonderful flowers arrived..thank you so much, will do the rep points later when computer stuff is stable. My computer ran out of memory...it is several years old and I decided to switch to Mac and avoid the Vista thing..so I am mid computer at this point!!! Later....

susietex
06-09-2008, 04:55 AM
NYJ, that page is super, are those clothes knitted, there are brilliant, lucky Val, she will always remember her travels now.

goatgoddess
06-09-2008, 10:02 AM
NYJunkie - still need to finish yours up - I'm running late on everything lately :(
but will get it done and out shortly.

NYJunkie - that page you did for Val is outstanding - very nice!

monarch
06-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm going to start working my two pages tonight....My husband is gone all week so hopefully I'll get them done,,,,,,,,

NYJunkie
06-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Val, aren't computer problems and memory a problem? I ran into that last summer and also had a server change through the college which took two months. I had to run to the library to do anything online.

Susietex, I felted the whole page for Val. I felted the individual pieces and then felted them to the background -- I guess it was too thick and that's why the needles kept breaking.

Now I want to get to work on Jackie's page....have to figure out something good.

susietex
06-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Goodness NYJ, no wonder it kept breaking needles, that must have been a lot of layers, but it turned out beautifully.

JackieR
06-10-2008, 09:31 PM
What a wonderful page NYJ. Now on to doing Vals!

monarch
06-11-2008, 04:43 PM
jackie - Here is your page...I hope you like it......

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2570644683_c2538b2261_m.jpg

monarch
06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
nyjunkie - Fantastic page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vwozniak
06-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I am a bit late but finally finished Susie's page, a landscape. I have a new computer and can't get the pic in the thread but you should find it here; http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=18160

Pippin
06-11-2008, 09:23 PM
great page Val!

susietex
06-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Val, it really is a fabulous page, and hand dyed too, I'm very impressed. Thank you.

JackieR
06-12-2008, 07:44 AM
beautiful pages Carol and Val. We are clever aren't we?

vwozniak
06-13-2008, 04:16 PM
A charming little Peruvian girl flew into my home. Thank you so much NYJ, what a lot of work! Now wonder you broke so many needles...the piece is really thick and has the real spirit of the Andes.

vwozniak
06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
jackie - Here is your page...I hope you like it......

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2570644683_c2538b2261_m.jpg

Love your fishy page...you really caught the flow of the seaweeds in the water!

Pippin
06-18-2008, 09:01 PM
My gorgeous page arrived today from Jackie. It is absolutely gorgeous quite stunning! Thank you SO much!!

NYJunkie
06-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Val, I love your your pages for Susie and Jackie! You have really become a felting diva!

vwozniak
06-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Thank you, I am so thankful for this journal group because it has forced me to explore felting more than I would have. I think we are all just zooming along and improving with each page.
I am working on Pippin's page.. perhaps my most difficult, but I love a challenge!!!
Later: I just realized you think the fish are mine, they are Carol's..aren't they great?

goatgoddess
06-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I've got NYJ's page nearly done and I've started on Carols - we are nealy done y'all with this group. - about to post a updated send and rec list - it will be a few minutes of changing before it's up to date :)

goatgoddess
06-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Blue = sent
green = Rec.

Pippin sends to vwozniak
NYJunkie sends to Carole

FEBRUARY 29th

Pippin sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to Carole

MARCH 31st

Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Carole

APRIL 30th

Pippin sends to Carole
NYJunkie sends to Pippin

MAY 31st

Goatgoddess sends to NYJunkieSusie Tex sends to Carole
JackieR sends to Pippin

Nest mailing JUNE 30th

Goatgoddess sends to CaroleSusie Tex sends to Goatgoddess
vwozniak sends to Pippin

goatgoddess
06-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Please let me know what I've missed - I'm sure I've missed a few

Pippin
06-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Carol has my page GG and I have NYJs page too. I am working on yours!! Beading it tonight!!!

vwozniak
06-19-2008, 01:47 PM
I am really going to miss this group, it has pushed me into new areas. Is anyone interested in continuing, starting a new group or some other option?

goatgoddess
06-19-2008, 01:52 PM
cool - thanks Pippin - I have beading to do myself on NYJ and Carols - not sure on NYJ page if it's shaping up the way I want - might have to do some changes.

I would enjoy keeping this going - either with a new group or this one. I've wet felted all of my pcs - would be fun to get the machine and work on that a bit.