PDA

View Full Version : Time to get GAT-ting!

Tamrantula
07-19-2009, 02:40 PM
EDIT--HERE IS THE OPEN THREAD FOR THE AUGUST GAT:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=510838#post510838

During the last GAT, we discussed doing one about every 3 months....the next being in August.

I have been searching threads and calendars...trying to avoid the upcoming Collage-a-thon, Stamp-a-thon, Melt-a-thon, all-types-of-art-a-thon...and whatever other a-thons that I could find! Whew! LOL. Plus we are out of town one of the weeks in August...so....

The next Goodie-a-thon will be AUGUST 21-23

Here is how it works. Wherever you are in the world from 5 PM on Friday, August 21 to midnight Sunday, August 23, you can post pictures of goodies you would like to trade.

Here are the basic guidelines:

Post pictures of your items for trade--someone who is interested in your items would then either post to the thread or PM you and offer a trade.

Fibers: If possible, make fibers approx a yard or meter long (36 to 39 inches--just state the length) and wrap them around a small piece of cardboard or similar.

Papers: These can be in any amount agreed upon between 2 traders--anything from 1 piece of specialty paper to a whole package of something!

Beads: Please put into a baggie or other container the keep them together in transport! Again, amount can be whatever traders agree upon!

Trades can be for whatever type of goodies you are willing to trade: fibers, papers, tools, paints, dyes, beads, images, books that have images to use for collage, feathers, ephemera, ticket stubs...please feel free to use your imagination! The more creative the items for trade, the more fun it can be!

THE TRADE WILL BE AGREED UPON BETWEEN THE TWO TRADERS! I AM NOT HERE TO BRING DOWN THE WAND OF AUTHORITY ON YOUR HEADS!

We will not be having themes for each day, like we had thought at first...since some people are only able to be here on limited days. We don't want to leave ANYONE out!

Please don't expect to come away from this weekend with hundreds of dollars worth of items! For the most part, this is going to be inexpensive items that people would like to share. Many times we have to purchase a whole package of something to try it out...maybe we end up not liking the way it works for us, or maybe we just have a whole lot more than we will ever use! Those are the types of things to expect to see here! Someone may have some "bigger" tools to trade, but that would be the exception rather than the rule!

Tamrantula
07-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Hope we have a good crowd of people here to trade! I will post some pics of examples of things I will have to trade...if I can get the camera to upload!

I have 3 rolodex's I have collected, some asian books, National Geographics, music sheets, tons of fibers of different colors and styles....and much more to come!

a couple pics as a tease:

HHC
07-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Darn! I'll be at a family reunion so will miss it.

Tamrantula
07-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh, sorry HHC! But, I had to grab the only open weekend left! LOL

We are such an active group these days!

Bubblecup
07-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Tam, I love you! :swoon:

I've been putting stuff aside since the last GAT!

Tamrantula
07-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Tam, I love you! :swoon:

I've been putting stuff aside since the last GAT!

LOL! Me too!

jaw
07-21-2009, 03:02 AM
hmmmm .... I wonder if I could get my laptop to work at the campground ... doubtful, since cell phones apparently won't work there! I'll be family reuning too ... we'll be arting here and there with lots of wine though!!!

Dadreemer
07-23-2009, 11:23 PM
ooooooOOOOOoooooo! It's coming back again. Maybe this time I can get in on this one.

hayward_cs
08-04-2009, 05:11 PM
OMGoodness! I am soooooooo thankful that I am back online and can do this! I had such a great time the last time (despite the fact that one of my trades never made it to me.) I can't wait 'til this next round. I am sooooo going to start culling stuff for this NOW!

babynavyblue
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow!! I cant wait for this... I am eyeing those yarns already!!!!;)

Dadreemer
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Starting little piles here and there......now if I could just get the pics to post them when the time comes. Counting the days....17 is it?

Tamrantula
08-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Just bumping this up--It's getting closer and closer! LOL

lynn101
08-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Ooooo....this sounds like such fun! I am off to sort through the incredible pile in my craft room! *happy dance*

Tamrantula
08-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Just bumping this up!

I will be posting the official GAT thread in the next day or so! Keep your eyes open! LOL