PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Meet-Ups!!

JoyFlower
07-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow! Based on the reactions to the poll and announcements around the AFA Events, it seems that there are many west coast artists wanting to meet for live creating and trading events. :) That's excellent news! Let's channel the enthusiasm in a positive way!

Being that I don't know of anyone over here near me on the desert side of Washington, I am willing to help plan and travel for gatherings on the "other side".

Anywhere along the I-5 corridor would be a great location for those of us on the west coast.

I'm thinking it would be really fantastic to put together SEASONAL GATHERINGS for whoever could make it...maybe in different locations to encourage the most participation.

SO...toss your ideas in the ring! We don't have to be competitive about it. Any chance for artists to meet up, big or small groups is great! Let's talk about it! :D

seekingforart
07-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't live in the west coast but I'm a west coast girl at heart! :jiggy:

Tamrantula
07-21-2009, 09:18 PM
I posted earlier about setting up a get-together here in Tacoma--
here were my ideas:

So...I am thinking...and dreaming....

What if we did a small one-day (or Friday night/Saturday) event here in Tacoma--the same Saturday as the artfest? For those (like me) who can't afford to fly across the country.

I was brainstorming this AM--and would totally have to work out details....BUT...

8AM to 8PM at our church. (Little to no cost)
Breakfast potluck--pasteries/rolls/donuts/etc
Lunch--order pizza
Dinner--late dinner (after 8) at an inexpensive place like Shari's

Everyone bring supplies and tools
We could set up and just play all day...and trade!

Maybe we could have themes for each hour or something! With (inexpensive) little door prizes

There wouldn't be classes--but we could still get together, art and have fun...right? We might even be able to do Friday evening, too--if anyone wanted!

I could put together a little something like this!

Low-key and laid-back!

Those who wanted to get a hotel either/both Friday/Saturday. That would be the biggest expense--and many live close enough not to worry about that. There are many not to expensive ones just a few miles away.

SO...what do you think...should I propose trying to set this up? Would anyone want to go?

JoyFlower
07-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I love that idea, Tam! I'll opt out of helping for that one, 'cause I do plan to go to Rochester if at all possible, but I bet other's would want to be part of it!

I'd definitely come to something like that if the dates worked for me! :)

lilbad
07-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Good idea! I am up for anything I can drive to at this point.

Tamrantula
07-21-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm with you lilbad--the ol' pocketbook cries out for driving as opposed to flying! LOL

katilady
07-21-2009, 09:31 PM
i'd be down for something westcoast. however since i will most likely have to travel a ways i'm only interested in being part of something that is at least 2 days--gotta get the most bang for my buck!

and if folks are interested in seeing the northcoast (humboldt county, ca) i'd be happy to organize something. i know that's a long shot as i think i am the only one in the area (linda4atc is here sometimes).

chatty
07-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Okay, I'm in, Katilady I live in Trinity County we are neighbors....hmm, anyway we could centralize???...What would be the half way point?

I agree Hwy 5 is easy for us all but if you ever want to come up to my neck of the woods we could do it in Weaverville, California. Tis a quaint little town with Art Gallery's, stores, resturants you would have to bring your own art supplies though, no art store here though this place does have lots of artist here. This little town is mountain country so there are winding roads to get here but once here it is lovely....

I recieved a PM from CentralCalieGrrrl she wanted to let me know that she would love to be part of the NoCal gathering and she teaches ATC workshops we should get in contact with her and see if she is interested...

And for my part, I would volunteer to teach a glass on Zentangles if anyone is interested....I'm not a teacher but I sure would be willing to show you all what I do....

Oh I gotta till Linda4atc ...also... there are gals down in Sacramento that might be interested....

I'm so excited...

Okay, you know we do not have to have it on the same date....

...and it would be nice if us Western Gals could do this at least once a year ..*smile*..

Linda4atc
07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Kati, Chatty was also interested. I know somewhere I saw mention of having an east and a west AFA but I thought there opposition to splitting the group. So I don't want to anyone think we are splitting the group, or causing trouble in the ranks.

Maybe we could do a reginal get together quarterly in different areas (Not neccarily on the AFA weekend) and have it open to any members?

I must also say I do not know how many I can go to, but I will sure try. It is even been hard for me to visit family lately.

Kati one way to make it a full weekend is to make Sunday a day to go shopping etc with friends.

Linda4atc
07-21-2009, 10:16 PM
LOL Chatty you posted after I came over, and I type really slow, lol

Tamrantula
07-21-2009, 10:25 PM
So..are we thinking...one in NoCal, and one higher up the coast--at different times during the year?

Linda4atc
07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't know... We would need to know how many are interested etc....

I am not taking the lead, but am willing to work under someone else in helping to organize this if they need me.

chatty
07-21-2009, 10:38 PM
What do you all consider Northern California?

Because Linda and I are way up north. ..*smile*.. I would be interesting to know how many in California would be willing to get together.

But I'll go to Tacoma for this one. ..*smile*.. I love the idea that us West Coast Gals get together myself.

Tamrantula
07-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Chatty--just saw.."Ranie"...is that your name?

That is my daughter's nickname since she was born...name is Anastasia Renee' Lee
Ranie is a nickname from Renee!

I have only met one other Ranie--the one I stole the name from years ago.

You didn't live up this way, did you? The name came from a girl I met at a high school camp over 20 years ago.

JoyFlower
07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Glad to see people chiming in! :)

Dadreemer
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I would be interested in the NorCal event. I'm in Berkeley (the East Bay). Kati, you are about a 3 hour drive from here???

chatty
07-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Chatty--just saw.."Ranie"...is that your name?

That is my daughter's nickname since she was born...name is Anastasia Renee' Lee
Ranie is a nickname from Renee!

I have only met one other Ranie--the one I stole the name from years ago.

You didn't live up this way, did you? The name came from a girl I met at a high school camp over 20 years ago.

..*smile*.. no it wasn't me. My name is spelt RANIE pronounce as RENEE and I answer to RAINIE all the time. It seems most change the spelling of my name. I never knew that Ranie is a nickname from Renee! When my Mom had me a nurse told her how to spell Renee as Ranie...interesting! :D

Tamrantula
07-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Well--I dont know that it is an "official" nickname from Renee--but, the girl I met went by Ranie..and I loved it..then found out, for her, it was a nickname for Renee...and I stole it! LOL

HHC
07-21-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm very interested in holding Regional events... perhaps more than once a year. One and a half to two days of art or art related fun would be fairly easy to organize. And there are so many of us who have cool techniques that we could do a few demo classes as part of it. (I want to learn Chatty's zentangle techniques!)

Our board has mentioned that they are behind having Regional events, so we're not splitting off, we're just having more fun.

I'd suggest that we hold a Regional gathering a different weekend than the AFA, so that those who are able to attend the the "big" one aren't excluded.

There will be an All-Types-of-Art a thon the weekend of AFA. I've sort of committed to it. :D That doesn't mean a group can't get together and play in the a-thon as well.

I think I'm rambling...

HHC
07-21-2009, 10:55 PM
I'd be interested in attending No California, by the way. :D

CattyCat
07-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Once it is all settled out as to where this would be, if I can do the distance I'll give it some serious thought. I'd be coming to meet and trade. I'm not a technique ATC maker, but I'd sure like to meet all of you and do some face to face trading. I'll watch the thread and input where I have input. This is a wonderful idea. Maybe a place exactily in the middle of the borders of Canada and Mexico so it is fair to all. Exactly in the middle does seem to be Redding, CA. Just an observation. Maybe one per state with all invited to each. Thinking on the screen here.

chatty
07-21-2009, 11:11 PM
gotcha I just about answer to anything ..giggle..

CattyCat
07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Oh and yea, they call me CHATTYCat . . . .

chatty
07-21-2009, 11:19 PM
oh how funny!

HHC
07-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Well... since I'm 30 miles from the Canadian border, Redding California is a LOONNGG drive for me. I do like the idea of bouncing the Regional gathering around to different areas.

Linda4atc
07-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Well I think the first question is Should Tam organize one in Tacoma at her Church? Sunday would be out since they probably need the church on Sunday. But cost will be low for a first time gathering. I think it sounds great myself,. I guess I could eat pizza for one meal ;) :laugh:

I could bring my homemade chocolate almond truffles.

chatty
07-21-2009, 11:35 PM
I think CattyCat was being funny ..giggle.. Redding is a good location though for a NorCal gathering....

CattyCat lives in Sacramento CA and I live in Hayfork, CA and Linda lives in Philo, CA so we will have a long haul up to Tacoma....hubby just told me estimated 400 to 500 miles one way. Maybe gals we can car pool.

chatty
07-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Oooh Linda I could bring Fudge! ..giggle.. Oh dear if we car pool the almonds truffles n fudge may not make it there.:jiggy:

CattyCat
07-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Well... since I'm 30 miles from the Canadian border, Redding California is a LOONNGG drive for me. I do like the idea of bouncing the Regional gathering around to different areas.

So Cal is a long ways from Washington too. That is why I think different gatherings at different times would be fair.

CattyCat
07-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I think CattyCat was being funny ..giggle.. Redding is a good location though for a NorCal gathering....

I wasn't being funny, I looked ad a USA map and Redding is pretty close to being in the middle. Take a look for yourself. I just checked the mileage and between Redding and Sacramento is the middle. Maybe Chico. ;)

jaw
07-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Here's my two cents worth ...
Timing ... Autumn and Spring ... Before the snow could fly and then after it's gone .... I think bouncing could be good, but we could also do our own localized "states" more often should we wish .... right?

jaw
07-22-2009, 12:32 AM
OH! and I'd love to go to Vancouver or Victoria, BC ..... just sayin'....

HHC
07-22-2009, 12:44 AM
So Cal is a long ways from Washington too. That is why I think different gatherings at different times would be fair.

Gosh, I thought it was closer for you. ;) Just kidding. I did check the map and it is about the middle from Mexico. (Who knew?) But who is actually located the furthest south? Let's use that location... which may put us in southern Oregon.... still a long drive for me, but I'm up for it.

Also something to consider is the availability of an easily accessible airport, should someone from, say, Bellingham, WA want to fly to California to save the two days driving. ;) Or vice versa....

JoyFlower
07-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Hmmmm, Helen...who would fly from Bellingham? ;)

I think we should consider a regional gathering for say September or early October? Then another in Spring. I know that HHC mentioned to me before that the Olympia area would be fairly central for those in WA and northern Oregon...Tacoma would also be fine I think. So we would need to get a rough idea of numbers and make sure we have a venue to meet in...then we can fill in the blanks as to length of meeting and activities. :) Whatcha think? Then we could move the next meeting further south?

Of course more "local" gatherings can be planned by those who live in proximity to one another. Then you can post the dates if you like and anyone who is able can join in.

CattyCat
07-22-2009, 01:10 AM
I think this thread is a demonstration of the beauty of this site. People, so many, who have created art together, and traded art, and chatted in PMs and virtually have become friends. Yet few have even met or talked on the phone, and we are all just jumping into this idea. It is absolutely an amazing thing what this site has done for all of us. OK, so I'm a romantic. Who knew???????;)

curbsidetreasure
07-22-2009, 01:14 AM
i've very interested in a NorCal event. that doesnt have to mean bay area, the only trouble for me is i would have to hitch a ride with someone in the bay area like dadreemer to get up to where you are katilady.
i don't know how to drive (i get around by bus all the time since i live in sf)
however i would love to meet more members of afa in a trading event for a weekend.

curbsidetreasure
07-22-2009, 01:35 AM
oh and i like different regional gatherings at different times because i think it's fairer and it can be a long distance for people depending on where the event is, even if it's within "our region"

Linda4atc
07-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Oooh Linda I could bring Fudge! ..giggle.. Oh dear if we car pool the almonds truffles n fudge may not make it there.:jiggy:

I like lots of walnuts! we could make two batches, split one for the drive each way and one for the get together. LOL

amyfaerie
07-22-2009, 09:02 AM
hey, all! i would definitely drive and meet with some notice . . . i'd love to meet more of you all in the West who i've not met yet!

i think looking past that idea of the AFA 2010 alternate, I'm wondering if we couldn't try to do something this fall/early winter that would be an opportunity to get together!

Frankly, if everyone's driving, then all could bring some snacks, and book their own hotel room in the same hotel [even using priceline or something for a low price], and all would be good. We could find a local Michael's or Jo-Ann or something that would allow the rental of their classroom, and it might even be a good way to reduce the cost of art space if there were only 6 to 8 attendees.

Now, i am two hours north of Ashland, Oregon . . . the problem being no one really lives there that trades. but, if we were going to try to get something together to include NoCal artists AND OR/WA peeps, that might be a nice mid-point, because it's ADORABLE and has some great restaurants and quirky-cool hotels. After their summer Shakespeare festival winds down, the rates drop, too! Eugene, which is an hour north of me, is also a great choice, as there are some great art supply stores, an excellent atmosphere and fabulous food, plus Saturday Market, which is outdoors & would be a great diversion for a few hours.

On the other hand, if OR/WA people want to go for it, and anyone from CA would just have to drive a little further, a little git-together in/around Portland, OR might be the way to go. it's right between the two states, and has a lot of opportunity to stay right outside the city to save some bux.

But, weekends are fine for me to do a little roadtripping . . . I don't work weekends, and my husband always DOES work weekends, so usually I'm free. :) Sweet!

Worst case scenario, I have a pretty good-sized studio space and would always be up for a houseguest or two if anyone wants to drive to the middle of nowhere and make art for a day or two. LOL!

amyfaerie
07-22-2009, 09:04 AM
hey, all! i would definitely drive and meet with some notice . . . i'd love to meet more of you all in the West who i've not met yet!

i think looking past that idea of the AFA 2010 alternate, I'm wondering if we couldn't try to do something this fall/early winter that would be an opportunity to get together!

Frankly, if everyone's driving, then all could bring some snacks, and book their own hotel room in the same hotel [even using priceline or something for a low price], and all would be good. We could find a local Michael's or Jo-Ann or something that would allow the rental of their classroom, and it might even be a good way to reduce the cost of art space if there were only 6 to 8 attendees.

Now, i am two hours north of Ashland, Oregon . . . the problem being no one really lives there that trades. but, if we were going to try to get something together to include NoCal artists AND OR/WA peeps, that might be a nice mid-point, because it's ADORABLE and has some great restaurants and quirky-cool hotels. After their summer Shakespeare festival winds down, the rates drop, too! Eugene, which is an hour north of me, is also a great choice, as there are some great art supply stores, an excellent atmosphere and fabulous food, plus Saturday Market, which is outdoors & would be a great diversion for a few hours.

On the other hand, if OR/WA people want to go for it, and anyone from CA would just have to drive a little further, a little git-together in/around Portland, OR might be the way to go. it's right between the two states, and has a lot of opportunity to stay right outside the city to save some bux.

But, weekends are fine for me to do a little roadtripping . . . I don't work weekends, and my husband always DOES work weekends, so usually I'm free. :) Sweet!

Worst case scenario, I have a pretty good-sized studio space and would always be up for a houseguest or two if anyone wants to drive to the middle of nowhere and make art for a day or two. LOL!

amyfaerie
07-22-2009, 09:05 AM
i would totally get to that Tacoma/Olympia meet, too. i would work it out somehow.

cattycat, i am right with you . . . this site rocks. frankly, before i joined this site, i never thought i'd have "online friends." :) the beauty of this site and its members is that they amaze, surprise and inspire me every day. talk about romantic! lol!

Tamrantula
07-22-2009, 09:11 AM
I had another thought, too. Not sure what others would think. I know Tacoma might be too far North for some--but it was where I knew I could use a place cheap! LOL.
I know a place on Long Beach pennisula (Washington--almost to Oregon) that we go to a lot. It is actually a camp--we could rent the building on the dune...has 4 rooms to sleep....a large main room, and kitchenette. It is on the beach--about 10 min walk down to the water. It is pretty secluded...but 1.6 miles to the nearest small town--with stores and resteraunts. It would be cheaper per person that a hotel, I am sure...and could do Fri/Sat\Sun. We would have to provide our own food...and the downside, for some, is the dorm sleeping rooms. There are 4 sets of bunks in each room. So, sleeps about 32 (at last count, may have changed since I counted last! LOL) I don't know how people feel about that kind of sleeping arrangement. We have done it LOTS and lots of times (I was actually married at this site) going back over 30 years. But some might prefer more comfortable accomodations. Price per person would depend on number of people splitting the cost of renting the building.

Just 30 min away is Long Beach, Wa--a little tourist type town. Go carts, Marshs museum, food, shopping, beach and so on.

Just throwing this out for thought.

JoyFlower
07-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Excellent ideas, all!

Tam, my sis and I have gone to scrapbook retreats where we did dorm style lodging. It works out okay, since no one actually sleeps much anyway! ;) If we went that direction I think we would need a couple of people to act as primary organizers to arrange the details.

Otherwise, picking somewhere and letting people book their own accomodations would make it easy...people could double up to reduce costs further if they chose. Something like that would probably be simplest for our first go at this.

Why don't we narrow down some dates, and then see what's available? Free meeting space in a church or craft/scrapbooking store would be great...or even just the common space in a hotel if they'll allow it(like the breakfast room or lobby area if appropriate).

katilady
07-22-2009, 09:52 AM
hey deb i am about 5 hours from you!

i am down for traveling, but i have a little beater and am not sure it could handle going to tacoma, though i have always wanted to go there! maybe if i hitch a ride with someone? i might even fly should i be able to get a deal!

i like amy's ashland idea too. and i am always willing to organize something here.

katilady
07-22-2009, 09:54 AM
oh! speaking of scrapbook retreats i went to a 'stamp camp' in lincoln or in a beach house and it wasn't too pricey!

Linda4atc
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Tamrantula Your camp sounds like what my quilt guild did every year and we called it El Cheapo Retreat. It cost less per person than a regular room.

One point would be to count how many bunkbeds there are. THEN see if anyone is willing to sleep in a top bunk. I know a few us willl not be comfortable with that idea and may have to count only the bottom when counting number of beds.

We also set it up so we brought our own breakfast and lunch. Then did potluck dinners, with the group split into two nights. Quilters seem to always have good eats available.

One person brought the coffeee, paperplates and that stuff that we always had available at our meetings. Maybe we add a dollar or two to each person to get some of that?

Linda4atc
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Kati you are welcome to ride with me (and Chatty) My car has always been reliable but it is an old clunker now. Chatty had mentioned renting a car and we could look into that.

Linda4atc
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Tam my husband's Aunt is in your area. He got interested in going up together and I can stay with you while he goes to see his Aunt. Maybe even at a different time from the main group.

She is a sweet lady but last time were up there she made me feel bad about myself because I do not work to. I already have some guilt and this subject and she made it worse.

Linda4atc
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't know if someone else in this batch has more exp ith cooking and or organizing the food situation but if we are doing potluck or a planned cooked meal I'm willing to set up.

jensamouse
07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I am definitely going to lurk in this thread. Originally a So Cal girl and have family all the way up the coast practically to Canada. Suppposed to be doing a road trip next summer up the PCH and planning to stay with family along the way.... so maybe I can drop in to one of your shindigs. :) Be in the OC in a couple weeks actually!

EdensRainbow
07-22-2009, 11:41 AM
I can definitely be part of a NW event. Siren and Yorokobi are local, too, and I'm sure they'd attend. I can usually only get a couple days off work at a time, but with enough notice (which I'm sure wouldn't be a problem) I'd do what I could to get down to North California. No guarantees, though.

chatty
07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
If possible lets keep our West Coast Gatherings in the Late Spring or Summer...

I live up in the mountains, Fall here in California Game Season Starts my huband and I have a small little butcher shop where we process game animals for hunters. From August 15th through December 28th I am not able to go anywheres....

We need to decide on:

1. Date

2. Location

Then we can go from there.............

CentralCaliGrrrl
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm willing to help in anyway I can!
NoCal would be best for me (I can help organize), but Washington or Oregon would be cool too (I can only participate).
Please keep me in the loop!! :yes:

Oh, yeah, I'm willing to carpool (new Honda Civic - room for 5, including me), so if anyone needs a ride to Washington (Kati, chatty, etc...) I can help with that too!

NancyL
07-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Our next trip to the west coast is scheduled for next spring. If there was a regional event anywhere along the west coast, I could go.Our air rates go up in mid June until September.
Maybe instead of classes, there could be demonstrations. that way materials would not have to be provided. People could sign up ahead of time to present an art technique and then do it at a certain time. Also with demonstrations you wouldn't really have to limit the number of participants. Perhaps the demonstrator could provide a list of materials.
My spouse would probably come but he can go look for model train stores.

Genxster
07-22-2009, 12:34 PM
I like the idea of going to Tacoma. I can take the train there (I don't drive) and probably cab it to where I need to go. I'm interested in just a casual thing as opposed to an event. I'm not into activities so much and I don't do well making art out of my space. I think it'd be cool to meet some folks and share a meal or two though.

CattyCat
07-22-2009, 01:04 PM
How about doing a few polls to vote for places and dates. I don't know how to start a poll, but maybe start with a multi choice, and have choices of places, dates, frequency. That kind of poll. To get an idea of what you are looking at.

chatty
07-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm sure we will be doing that as soon as Tamrantula finds out which areas are available at which times....

HHC
07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
All the ideas sound good. I like late summer early fall, and spring to space it out. Demos of techniques is a good idea.

I am not fond of bunk house accommodations... just so ya know. I like my own room and my own bath. Yes, I'm spoiled. :D

Linda4atc
07-22-2009, 02:28 PM
How about doing a few polls to vote for places and dates. I don't know how to start a poll, but maybe start with a multi choice, and have choices of places, dates, frequency. That kind of poll. To get an idea of what you are looking at.

I think if we set something like this up we 2 to 4 times a year spread across the west coast we could include everybody at some point.

we could have some in camp/ bunk type situations, some where we get rooms/ and we could cover spring / fall and inbetween.

Maybe we should make a batch of survey questions asking for suggestions, likes or dislikes, and dates/season from each person. so we can try figure what dates and type of accomdations would be needed in each area. I know that there is no way to be sure to please everyone. But if this doesn't get too big .....

The questions could be in the first post of a thread and people could cut and paste then give brief answers, and comments at the bottom, but try to keep chat in this thread not that one..... what do you think???

chatty
07-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Hmm,

I'm thinking that this is being call WEST COAST GATHERINGS that maybe we should set up one semi-big event that covers the whole west coast. Those that can make it once a year would go...other wise having mini gatherings in our own states would be great! What you all think???

curbsidetreasure
07-22-2009, 02:48 PM
sounds good to me linda.

mrubyjean
07-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow...it's so exciting to find this thread and I would definitely want to try to make any gatherings planned in WA or OR. Tacoma would be a breeze for me...or Long Beach...and I would be willing to do some set-up or planning work, whatever! I could also easily, and would love to, get to Portland OR.

With enough notice, I might even be able to get to Northern CA!
It is great to see these West Coast get-together ideas evolving :jiggy:

lilbad
07-22-2009, 03:50 PM
I am all for this. Eugene is smack dab in the middle!

Linda4atc
07-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Chatty I'm thinking a WA, a OR or N CA, and a central to Southern CA. This would allow everyone some opertunity to go. I don't think I would personally go farther north than Tacoma. I could go south and add some days to see my family down there, which means carpooling may be a problem then. But of course money would figure in and I probaly won't be able to get everyone.....

HHC
07-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Chatty I'm thinking a WA, a OR or N CA, and a central to Southern CA. This would allow everyone some opertunity to go. I don't think I would personally go farther north than Tacoma....

WHAT????? :swoon: You don't want to come to Bellingham? :laugh:

Tamrantula
07-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey! I was hoping you would be there and help!

I know there are plans to set up polls for all the different things....

in the meantime, I think I am going to plan a local event here in Tacoma...Just take the bull by the horns and DO IT! This would NOT take the place of a planned regional event for spring/summer, etc!

I am thinking October--planning a Fri night/All day Saturday....and anyone who wants can come....hotels, etc if wanted, can be planned by individuals. I will see what weekend I can use our church....and we can go from there.

We can still do a bigger event later in the year!

I will bring lots of tools and toys to share...people can share their favorite techniques...etc

I will start a thread for this when I have more information!

What do you think MedieATC? You up for an October weekend? I can't do it the middle weekend, but I think the other times are up for grabs!

curbsidetreasure
07-22-2009, 11:41 PM
go for it tamrantula!

maybe someone could plan an event in NorCal
hint hint! :P

Genxster
07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Tam and MedieATC, I would love to come to Tacoma in October. So soon! How great. I'm looking forward to hearing/reading more details. :jiggy:

chatty
07-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Tamrantula I won't be able to come ..sigh.. From August 15th thru December 28th hubby and I are smack in the middle of game season. Just a Mom n Pop business so it does take both of us. ...Sorry! Maybe next time. Everyone have fun!.....

coffeelatte
07-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks, Lilbad, for the point to this thread. I'm all for a west coast gathering but, for me, after the first of the year is better than between now and year end.

If we want to look at one further out in 2010 I'd be happy to start working on Portland or Eugene locations. I'm familiar with different hotels and other venues we might look at using. Tacoma would also be good as a northern site, so go for it Tam if you are willing to act on it now!

October this year, for me, is not good. I've already got time and money spent for Art & Soul that first week of October. And I think that Rogue Gal has those dates already down, too (I haven't seen her on this thread, but I think she's going.) October is also Journalfest with Teesha & Tracy Moore, and I know a couple from this site have said they were trying to go to that event. So some folks may already have allocated their art/travel money and time for October. But don't let that stop you, Tamrantula!

JoyFlower
07-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Wow - this group has so much energy and enthusiasm!

Tam - You are doing just what I hoped someone would do, and just going for it! I love that! I think it would be a super first regional/local gathering, and it sounds like several of us (me included!) would be interested and able to attend. Figure out a date that works for you and your church if we can use the space there, and post it. Let me know if/how I can help!

Maybe we can work on something in the Eugene/Ashland area for Spring? As a bigger event.

Everyone has such great ideas!!

enotneicna
07-23-2009, 01:20 AM
I'd be interested in a west coast get together, and I think a weekend thing would be great...we'd have time to create, site-see...

I would love to go to Rochester, I have a sister there I haven't seen in years but the ol pocketbook groans at the thought...when I moved out here from NY State, I came by train and my daughter was a year and a half old...when I went back to visit after 20 years away I also went by train...got a round trip ticket for about $600but then that was years ago too.

anyway I'm in for a weekend west coat get together.

Tamrantula
07-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Just want to be clear to everyone....what I am talking about for October is a NOT to take place of a regional event! It was something I have been wanting to do already--a get-together to make and trade art!

I would still be willing to plan/help with something anywhere from Tacoma to Portland area later in the year--spring/summer...whatever!

This will just be a time-filler while waiting for the real thing!

chatty
07-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I talk to Tamrantula she said it was okay to post here....This will NOT interfer with our WEST COAST Gathering...

I'm starting a Live ATC Trade for Californias it is open to anyone whole would like to come. This will give us a chance to do Live Trade here in California and get to know each other. Come over check us out....

California ATC Gathering
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11220

Again just a note to state this will not interfer with our WEST COAST Gathering.

HHC
07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
I might mention that some of us attend Artfest in Port Townsend March 24-28 2010, so planning a regional event too close to that is not recommended. And Eugene or Ashland as a later Spring Regional event could work.

Linda4atc
07-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Well my husband is working weekends for Fireseason so I would be able to go to Tam's meet-up for sure,

Chatty I was on the sites you linked and I think it's me, I'm kind of muttle brained right now, but I didn't see any info on shops and hotels etc. Th Holister one looked mostly like goverment offices etc. And when I tried to open the map it tried to download something, when I tried to close that window it wouldn't then a box popped open to restart and when closed that it closed all my windows! It didn't restart but I did a restart and I'm in the mood to do anything that reminds me of the computer. To much of that this week. :laugh: I'm good for any of them. Like I mentioned the Weaverville scrapbook weekends were lots fun and less than two hundred with 2 to 4 to a room, food included! They were planned by Sondra from Scrappers Edge here in Eureka.

Speaking of which Sondra at Scrappers Edge is an ATC artist as well. I don't know what the rooms and such around here are like but I could look into that for you this weekend if you want?

Davis is nearer to Sacramento might be better if people are flying in, but it sounds like you doing something on a smaller scale?

rapa
07-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Not sure if So. Cal qualifies here - it would be ideal if there was a middle-point to meet but meeting in the north would be lovely. It would be fun to also see the Art & Soul show - I've heard a lot about it from the Oregon artists who come down to attend our art shows. At any rate, just meeting everyone would be great!

GoldenWolf
07-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Going to keep an eye on this thread. My boyfriend and I usually visit the Bay area once a year to visit his son who lives there. I haven't been to Washington since Artfest in 2006 and have never been to Portland yet. So if I could combine a trip with a gathering that would be great.

mrubyjean
07-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Tam ~ I'm definitely up for Tacoma in October! Let me know if I can be of any help from aliitle north of you.

CentralCaliGrrrl
07-26-2009, 03:52 AM
I might be able to do Washington in October...Oregon is even better :)

Tamrantula
08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey all--been busy crazy here....planned/ran a week long Jr High camp. Just got home last night. Whew!

So...here is what I am proposing....a small Friday/Saturday get-together here in Tacoma in late October (may have to be the 1st weekend in Nov--don't know my work schedule yet). I have an email out to be sure we can do it at my church.

This is NOT the "official" Washington/Oregon/plus gathering to coincide with the AFA2010. It is a gathering I wanted to do anyway!

I ALSO have an email (and talked with the manager this last weekend) to the place I had said I could work on a weekend for May--the place at the Ocean. It is on the Long Beach pennisula in Washington--which is about 1/2 hour from the Wa/Ore border.

They just worked up the fee schedule for 2010, so they are going to send it on Monday.

We could have the weekend at the Ocean--and those who would rather sleep in a motel, could make reservations for one in town....the camp is 1.1 miles out of the tiny town of Ocean Park--not many hotels but at least something!

Any thoughts?

HHC
08-08-2009, 11:42 PM
October sounds very feasible, depending on the actual date.

Are we just checking out the camp for another unofficial meet up, or the Regional gathering? I really don't wish to sleep 4 to a room, sorry. :dull:

Tamrantula
08-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Well, that is the option that I can offer! LOL

There may be someone will a better connection...but that is all I got!

An idea might be that those who want to sleep at the camp, do so...and those who want a hotel, I can check rates....but, we could use the building at the camp for an 24 hr art room. The center room in that building could hold a whole bunch of people doing art!

I have no objections to someone else taking the lead and finding a regional place to meet up....I was just offering the option that I could host!

Linda4atc
08-09-2009, 04:30 AM
Sounds Fun Tam! There is a small chance my hubby may be able to make this trip and visit his Aunt. Fire season usually ends around the end of October.

lilbad
08-09-2009, 12:16 PM
October would be great for me as well.

Genxster
08-10-2009, 12:34 AM
I should be able to get to Tacoma in October. I might be able to stay with a friend of mine in Seattle...

chatty
08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Tamrantula kindly has given me permission to post here :D

Just wanted to let you all know that we are having a CALIFORNIA ATC GATHERING and we have reserved our Hotel/conference room. If anyone is interested or is coming down our way please come join us, we would love to have you.

JoyFlower
08-13-2009, 11:58 AM
So wonderful that a gathering is shaping up in CA! :) Looks like you're really getting organized.

This is a great place to encourage brainstorming and get ideas rolling.

Once you have set dates, etc. I would recommend that anyone who is organizing a gathering that they want to open for people to attend begin a NEW thread specific to the event, listing location and date in thread title. I think that will help to grab attention and also keep info from getting muddled.

lilbad
08-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I am up for either as well.

HHC
08-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Dates would be good... are we polling for dates or how is Tacoma being selected? The weekend of the 11th would not work for me (I'm teaching a class)... but all others will work

Tamrantula
08-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I am going to do a weekend here in Tacoma--not regional..so, am just doing it! LOL. Anyone is invited. It will just be a laid-back thing....not big like the regional thing. I am waiting to hear what dates would be available at our church for October/early November....for Friday night/all day Saturday.

Now, the suggestion I gave for May-ish at Ocean Park.....IF I do it (unless people want to plan something different) would be up for a poll for dates....depending on the availability of the facilities. I am waiting for an email from the director with dates and fee schedule. (This week is busy for them, cause they are doing a drama camp).
I would be up for a poll for dates, when I know for sure what dates in May will be available at the camp. And, I am all up for checking the hotel there for rates, if anyone wants to come, but doesn't want to sleep there.

HHC
08-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Okay Tam, so do you have a date for Oct? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

HHC
08-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Mostly because I have a couple of other classes I can teach, but don't want to schedule when there is a gathering. Just so ya know... LOL :)

Tamrantula
08-16-2009, 05:25 AM
Ok--I have some information!

Nothing yet for sure on the October dates...still waiting for that info.

BUT:

For May...
here is what I know:

I can rent the building at the ocean....$28.50 per person/per night. So, if you stay 2 nights..$57.00 per person.
They can provide meals....Breakfast--$8, Lunch--$9.00, Dinner--$10.00 per person.

I have sent an email asking if there needs to be a minimum number of people.

The rooms sleep 8--but, if we want to only use the bottom bunks...4...and there are 4 rooms. The middle common room is very big...plenty of room for tables for art. There is also a kitchenette in the building.
The middle room could be available for art 24/7--but, the rooms for sleeping are off that room, so would have to be kind of quiet in consideration for the sleepers.

There is a hotel in town (about 5 min away) that I could call to check prices. It is not a fancy hotel...but...
I have never stayed there, but my grandmother did 20 years ago! lol

We would be about 20 minutes from Long Beach--which is a much bigger place with fancier hotels, if that is wanted. You could stay there, and come and go from the camp as you wished.

The town of Ocean Park is tiny--not even a fast food place..but there are a couple restaurants in town. Reasonable prices.

The building we would use is about a moderate 5-10 min walk down the path to the beach.

I would like to have 10 people wanting to go, before I booked the facility.

What do you think? Any interest? Shall I go ahead with plans? Would someone else rather plan someplace else? Is the sky blue? LOL

lilbad
08-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Tam, I need to know the exact dates. Looks wonderful to me.

Tamrantula
08-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I will make a thread, with a poll, for May dates. Probably tonight at work--when I can look at the work calendar.

lilbad
08-16-2009, 10:22 PM
I thought it was in October????

Tamrantula
08-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Two different things, ,lil! LOL

The one I am trying to do in Tacoma is October--that will be a simple get-together....trying for friday/saturday. Just having trouble coordinating my work schedule with the available church schedule.

The one in May I am working on scheduling is a much bigger thing... hoping for at least 10 people who want to come stay at the Ocean for the weekend. We would have a large room we could craft in...24/7...but, the rooms are sharing. Not like a hotel...although we could check into nearby hotels for those who want to go there to sleep.

HHC
08-17-2009, 01:23 AM
So what is going on with a Regional gathering? Are we bagging that and holding State-local gatherings instead? I got lost in all the chatter, I guess.

Tamrantula
08-17-2009, 02:12 AM
I think the regions just got smaller! LOL

Here it is to the best of my knowledge....

Chatty is working on a California area gathering April 30th to May 1st weekend.

(That is the thread)

I am working on a Washington/Ore gathering sometime in May at Ocean Park. (I can't get to California--too far for me to drive!)

So, I think we ended up with a California region and a Washington/Ore region!

I don't want to do it the same weekend...in case there are people who want to go to both (who knows!)...so, I will be putting up a poll later tonight...for either May 7, 8, 9....May 14, 15, 16....May 21, 22, 23 ....or May 28, 29, 30....but, I also know I won't be able to get off work on Memorial day, so I need to find out those dates, and eliminate that option.

If enough people want to stay where I want to do it...at the ocean....it will be $57 per person for BOTH Fri and Sat nights. They can provide meals for us...$8 for breakfast, $9 for lunch and $10 for dinner, each person. For those who want to stay in a hotel....we could look into the hotel in town (not sure the rates, yet) or a nicer hotel in a near-by town.
The facility at the ocean is dorm type rooms...4 bunkbeds per room. We can plan to use only the bottom bunks--which would mean room for 16 people.
We could use the center room for art 24/7--but would need to be reasonably quiet during sleeping hours, since the sleeping rooms are off the main room.

There is a kitchenette in the building, also.

And it is about 5-10 minute walk down the path to the beach.

That is the plan, as I know it....IF people want to do it!

Tamrantula
08-17-2009, 02:17 AM
I am trying to put together a simple gathering to make/trade ATCs and other art for October, also. That is the one in Tacoma. But, am having a hard time coordinating available dates with my work schedule....so, stay tuned for that! That would be at the church....and if anyone wanted to stay overnight...would have to get a nearby hotel. Still trying to get creative! LOL

Linda4atc
08-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Tam I am pretty sure I could go to the May one. How far is it from Tacoma? I was thinking my husband would drive up with me and go see his Aunt.

Tamrantula
08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Close to 3 hours south of Tacoma.

CentralCaliGrrrl
08-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for thinking of us down here in California! We sure appreciate all the hard work you've been doing!!

THANKS TAMARANTULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chatty
08-19-2009, 12:58 AM
yes, thank you for thinking of us down here in California, I'm anxiously waiting to see where everything lands, I would love to try to make it up there too....:D

RobbyGirl
08-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes, if the dates work out I'm going to bring my hubby and Son too and stay at the hotel. They will play at the beach while I "Play" with you guys.

HHC
09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Any word on an October gathering, Tamra?

Tamrantula
09-01-2009, 07:51 PM
It doesn't look like I will be able to get time off at the same time that the church is available. Too short staffed at work--they have eliminated all our agency staff...and the last one leaves the 10th of October....so, we aren't able to take time off till we hire a perm person...and being a government facility, that takes time.

November might be feasible--but, don't know if that is too late in the year for most people.

Linda4atc
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Ohh Tam I am so sorry, that really sucks.

chatty
09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Oh Tam I'm so sorry to hear this. November is not good for me with the Holidays starting.

If you all would like to come down to California please come down you are more than WELCOME, we have a Motel, our Workshops and Demo's are coming right along. Click on the link below to see what we are up too....

Tamrantula
09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
The big event at the ocean in May is STILL in the planning! No problem there!

Just the little one I wanted to do in October is a big question at this point!

HHC
09-26-2009, 12:37 PM
So if we could arrange a quick weekend get-together in Olympia, would anyone be interested? Speaking totally out of turn because I don't live there but my sister does, and we could probably figure out a place to meet for a day to play.

mrubyjean
09-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Yes, i would like that, too.
I will try to get to any and all NW get-togethers planned.

JoyFlower
09-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Tam - I'm sorry to hear about the work issues, and it's even worse that they interfere with art time! Hang in there!

If someone can locate a meeting place I'd be up for a trip to the west side of the state. I'd love to meet more awesome artist friends in person!

lilbad
09-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Check out the NW artist social group. Looks like Coffeelatte has a place she is looking into in Eugene.

JoyFlower
09-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up lillybelle! :)

jaw
09-26-2009, 09:15 PM
I can try to check out some places in Olympia ... I usually work Saturdays ... hmmm ... far enough in advance and I could probably schedule around it ... It is a nice central spot for I-5 dwellers from Vancouver BC to Salem, OR....

JoyFlower
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
I just posted in the NW artist social group - still hoping for a little art gathering this month - I'm willing to travel if we can pinpoint a location.

Maybe we could do a quick project like altered tags to make and trade? I'd be happy to bring a box of tags to share, and we could bind them into little books with rings or ribbons. :)

C'mon now...who wants to play?

jaw
10-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Joyflower, I would love to, but I work retail ... rarely have a Saturday off (that's usually when people meet ... )

HHC
10-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I'd love to host a gathering, however I'm in Bellingham which is 1 1/2 hours north of Seattle. Would folks be interested in coming this far north? And jaw, we could do it on a Sunday.

Or what if we met somewhere in the Seattle area. Wonder if one of the Paper Zone's has enough room for us? Hmmmmm.....

If we could arrange something for the weekend of Oct 24-25, how many could come?

mrubyjean
10-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Ugh...rats...I work on Sunday October 25th!

On a weekend I didn't work (Nov 7/8) I'd be willing to come up to Bellingham.

My libraries in the (south) Seattle area do have meeting rooms we could use -- one is only open on Saturday but the other has a meeting room open on Sundays (free on Sunday Nov. 8, but not on Oct. 25 unfortunately).
Big open room, lots of tables available, we can bring in food and drinks.

jaw
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
I may be able to do Bellingham on that Nov 7/8 too ... barring unforseen work "manager required" time ... I never know!!! :O)

HHC
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Well how cool is that!?!!! What about meeting in Seattle at mrubyjeans library on Nov 8?

We'll pray the snow doesn't fly until Thanksgiving so joyflower can get over the pass easily.

Who can make it on Nov 8?

HHC
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Or we can meet in Bellingham that day too, then I wouldn't have to travel. hahahaha!

jaw
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
I will try to schedule it ... wonder if our cousin would let me crash at her house that Saturday night? hmmm a pajama/tea party with family and then art with friends ... How cool would that be?!!

jaw
10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I could move the PJ party to Bellingham! even more fun!!! I could bring my handsome husband to play with HHC's sweet guy!!

Linda4atc
10-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Awww I want to come! LOL, doesn't look like I'm going to do much anything for awhile though. The added car payments are going to make getting through the winter months very lean.

HHC
10-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Okay... so summarizing... here are two options for the weekend of Nov 7-8:
(That's a date the both jaw and mrubyjean are off and able to come. )

1) Meeting in Seattle on Sunday Nov 8 at mrubjeans's library room... lots of room, tables available and we could bring food. For those of us traveling a distance, we could figure out a hotel nearby so we're all in the same place.

2) Meeting in Bellingham Sunday Nov 8, probably at the Paper Zone just off exit 254. It is 1 1/2 hours north of Seattle, so a longer drive for most of you. We could arrange coming in Saturday and playing that night too. I can find out hotel info if folks are interested in this option.

So what do you think? :D

lilbad
10-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Wow, Seattle would be much closer for me, but Portland would be best! We will be in Seattle the weekend of the 24th, so doubtful that i could get back up there again that quickly.

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I just posted in the NW artist social group - still hoping for a little art gathering this month - I'm willing to travel if we can pinpoint a location.

Maybe we could do a quick project like altered tags to make and trade? I'd be happy to bring a box of tags to share, and we could bind them into little books with rings or ribbons. :)

C'mon now...who wants to play?

I love your tags idea...does the weekend of Nov 7/8 work for you?

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow, Seattle would be much closer for me, but Portland would be best! We will be in Seattle the weekend of the 24th, so doubtful that i could get back up there again that quickly.

Oh, lilbad...you'll be in Seattle the weekend of the 24th?
Wish I had more free time that weekend

HHC
10-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Joyflower... I like the idea of altered tag too. Fun, fun!

lilbad
10-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Our Seattle trip is for grandson's birthday and all the kids play soccer, so we will be running between three games.....no art time, for sure. i could get away for coffee tho.

JoyFlower
10-13-2009, 04:08 PM
The weather shouldn't be too formiddable yet in early November, so count me in and I will bring tags for altering. I'm thrilled with the idea of getting to meet more of my lovely art friends in person!

HHC
10-13-2009, 11:26 PM
So far we have jaw, mrubyjean, HHC and joyflower who can make a gathering the weekend of Nov 7-8... and will Sunday work for you all?

And since Seattle is a more in-between place, shall we meet at mrubyjeans library? Unless, of course, you all want to come to Bellingham. I'm totally okay with too. :D

Anyone else able to come play for a bit?

jaw
10-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Seattle would be better for me since I have to be at my store by 6pm on Sunday... but .. I always love a Bellingham trip.

JoyFlower
10-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Yay! I am so glad something is coming together. :) I am off work Fri/Sat/Sun, so if we are meeting on Sunday, Seattle will be better for me as I will need to drive back same day.

How fun that we can meet and trade and create together!!

RobbyGirl
10-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Put me in as a tentative, I just might be able to swing a trip up to Seattle then. I'll keep you posted after I take a closer look at my schedule. I'll also leave a note for Siren and Eden's Rainbow as they are both in Bellevue and might possibly be able to come.

HHC
10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Okay... from the NW social group... mrubyjean has reserved a room at the Burien Library on Sunday from 12:00 - 5:00 (if I remember correctly) She also has a B&B close to her home, so we should hear from her about that soon.

I'd love to try to meet both days, so maybe if a couple of us were in the B&B, we could use a room there to play and do some art on Saturday. Just hoping. :)

mrubyjean
10-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Actually, the B&B is right near my house and I was hoping we could meet at my place and make some art on Saturday! It's a small place but I've got a kitchen table and a card table.
I will call the B&B tomorrow first thing.

jaw
10-19-2009, 04:08 AM
oooooo ..... yes!!!!!! I'll either take all of Saturday off or leave work early!!! I'll have to leave Sunday by 4pm ... but .... yipppeeeee!!!!

HHC
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I have two folding chairs I can bring, and a card table if it's needed and there's room to set it up. :D

hmmmmm.... now what art supplies should I be gathering to bring...

lilbad
10-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Is anyone from Eugene or Portland going?

JoyFlower
10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Meeting both days sounds fantastic to me! :)

HHC
10-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Okay everyone!!!!!
We're meeting in Seattle next weekend (Nov 7 - 8) and two days are planned.

Depending on the number of folks who can attend (so far mrubjyean, jaw, joyflower and HHC have confirmed), we'll be meeting either at the Burien library or descending upon mrubyjean's hospitality. Thank you mrubyjean!

Joyflower mentioned previously bringing tags so "we could do a quick project like altered tags to make and trade." Fun-ness!

So to get the details together, I've started another thread so we don't clog up this with our planning. :D
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=564186#post564186

lilbad
10-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Boo Hoo---can't drive with broken foot...is anyone from Eugene going up?

jaw
10-30-2009, 10:23 PM
How 'bout the train Lilbad?

Mrs.Alderman
05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
hmm hopefully i can plan my annual summer vacation to be around one of these meet ups X3. can only afford to go to maybe one(crosses fingers), with gas being so ridiculously priced. am excited to see what gets planned ^U^

lilbad
05-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Pretty sure this was last year.....r we doing it again??

Mrs.Alderman
05-13-2011, 05:10 PM
oh dang XD oh well perhaps another time lol

RachelMarie
05-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah I got really excited seeing this west coast meet up, because I could probably go! But this is from a long time ago. Maybe we should start our own!