PDA

View Full Version : Dallas/Fort Worth (Texas) Group

blueskysunburn
08-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Dallas/Fort Worth Atc's was formed in 2007 for live monthly meet-ups in the Dallas/Fort Worth (Texas) Metroplex. We hold themed atc swaps, trade available and/or second generation atcs, discuss and show current projects (be it journals, chunky books, etc.), swap extra art supplies and catch up on events since the last meet up.

Our meet-ups are normally held on the second Sunday of every month. The schedule may change accordingly for holidays or scheduled events.

blueskysunburn
08-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Woo hoo! Who knew we eventually make it to 1000?

teri
08-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm a thread killer. :( Oh well, we have a nice, clean, uncluttered new home. :idea:

blueskysunburn
08-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Thread Killer Teri...hmmm...has an interesting ring to it.

goatgoddess
08-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Teri the mighty thread killer - too funny!

OriginalYouth
08-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Okay, something I forgot to discuss on Sunday, do you guys want to have an overnight returead in the fall? One night or 2?

Also, Lisa's gallery has food and music the first Tuesday of the month, I want to go to Denton next month to go (if possible!). Anyone else?

ElectaBlue
08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
It would be fun to have an overnight retreat, but anything over a weekday is a problem for me with Max in school.

I am so excited that people might come to my gallery night! I am also going to be at a festival representing the gallery and selling my jewelry on September 12th that is on the square called Arts, Antiques, and Automobiles.

teri
08-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I would love another retreat. The fall may be a challenge for me. We are going live with a new computer system early in Nov and I am one of the leaders. I have lots of projects to complete before "go live" date. By mid Sept I should have a good solid schedule but until then, I can't say yes to a date.

The Tuesday gallery event sounds intriguing and I would be up for that.

I'm home today waiting for the chiropractor to call me back so I can get an appointment. I have at least one rib out of place (in my back area) that needs popping back in place. I have a painful knot that started late yesterday. It hasn't happened in several years but I new when I didn't get any sleep that it was out again. :( My husband has a pharmacy of pain meds and I can't take any of them, what luck. :rolleyes: I am allergic to Lortab and the muscle relaxer is a 24 hr pill that I cannot function on. I hope they can fit me in, usually one or two sessions and I am good as new. I can't miss tomorrow, we are so short staffed due to the computer training...my co-workers will be sticking pins in a voodoo doll. LOL

ElectaBlue
08-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Teri, that sounds so painful! Both the chiropractic part and the pin sticking.:eek:

That would be great if you could come to the gallery in September!

That is what I was thinking about the retreat is that I would love to do it, but finding a time we could all make it seems tough.

goatgoddess
08-11-2009, 11:30 AM
now give us all the info again on your gallery night - not sure I can make it (anything during the week is hard) but would love to!

And I do want to go to that Sept 12 thing - so more details please :)

goatgoddess
08-11-2009, 11:33 AM
oh and yes on the retreat but would have to see - time is pretty open for me in Sept since we can't go to the State Fair now but it depends too on hubby - I don't think he will need surgury but we find out for sure after the MRI

goatgoddess
08-11-2009, 11:44 AM
ouch Teri! hope they get you fixed up right away!

teri
08-11-2009, 12:28 PM
The chiropractor is a GOOD pain. :) You know, "hurts so good"? I am waiting for 2 offices to call me back. Why are they soooo busy? grrr I've periodically been laying on a rolled up towel down the side of my spine and it feels good but nothing pops. I think if I could do a back bend it would fix it. :biglaugh:

teri
08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah, they called me back! I have an appt at 2pm. :jiggy:

ElectaBlue
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
The gallery nights are the first Tuesday of every month from 6-8 PM. You can see more about the gallery here: http://www.oxidegallery.com/index.html

The festival info is here: http://www.dentonlive.com/PastIssues/FallWinter2008/ArtsAntiquesandAutos/tabid/3521/Default.aspx It is a pretty small festival, but is on the square which has a lot of fun stores.

Teri, I am glad you got an appointment!:D

goatgoddess
08-11-2009, 01:41 PM
cool - thanks for those links - I can't make tonight (hubby's mri is today) but may be able to another time - have to see if I can get my vac. days moved - I'm going to try the festival for sure - that looks so fun!

blueskysunburn
08-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I was completely lost for the first part of these posts. I obviously missed something. When did you get into a gallery Lisa? Congrats! I would love to make it but weeknights are hard. What's the festival in Denton? Are you participating in it?

Another retreat would be fun! I missed being with crafty people. I would be open for two nights. More so if we have to drive a distance. Was this something y'all talked about at the retreat? I can probably swing the first two weekends of each month but doubt there would be any way I could avoid working the last two weekends.

Okay, so I still feel a little lost...

Teri - I'm glad you were able to get into the doctor. I hope you are feeling better soon!

ElectaBlue
08-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Debra, they are only the first Tuesday of every month, so the next one is in September. I know that it would be tough on a Tuesday night when everyone lives so far away.

Jen, my fused glass jewelry is in a gallery in Denton. It has been there since June. I want to try to come up with some paintings, too, but the owner says that jewelry sells much better than paintings.

The festival is the Arts, Antiques, and Automobiles festival. It is a pretty small festival, but interesting, especially if you like old cars. They park them all around the square and people can look at them. The gallery is a sponsor at the event and I am going to share a table with another artist and help promote the gallery while I am selling my jewelry.

blueskysunburn
08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Ooooh, okay. I'm all caught up now. :D

goatgoddess
08-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah I like a two day retreat too - it's not looking like I can do the New York AFA thingie - they are thinking about the last weekend in June and that is mth end which I can't do. I may try to go to the Calif one depending on the dates they pick. Would love to go to Scotland but I don't think I will have the vac. time or the money for that.

Sept 12th is our dairy goat meeting but it's only for a couple of hours so I can still do the festival either before or after - got it bookmarked. :)

blueskysunburn
08-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Dang it! Why does it have to be at the end of the month?!?! I won't be able to go to this one either probably.

I may try to do the festival. It sounds like fun! I will have to go when it first opens though so I can stay out of the heat as best as I can.

What weekend are we talking for the retreat for us? I'm starting to line up vendor fairs in the fall.

ElectaBlue
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I like your new avatar, Jen!

I have no idea of what weekend wouild be good, other than avoiding the weekend of the 12th. Right now my schedule is pretty open.

blueskysunburn
08-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Let's see if we can get two month's in a row. How does the weekend of the 5th sound?

teri
08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
I can't do that weekend. I have a wedding Saturday afternoon/evening and will probably be too tired (not hung over contrary to popular belief) to do anything on Sunday. My family likes a wild time and I am sure there will be dancing 'till dawn...:)

ElectaBlue
08-24-2009, 09:47 PM
I am busy on Saturday, but Sunday would work.

blueskysunburn
08-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Hmmmm...what about the weekend of the 19th? I would probably have to do a Saturday that weekend though.

ElectaBlue
08-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Jennifer reminded me that you had talked about going to the next gallery night, which I had totally forgotten. It is next Tuesday, September 1st. Here is a link to the brochure for the showing: http://www.oxidegallery.com/Flier-September09.html

That would be great if some of you could come!

goatgoddess
08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
will have to wait on a few days to see if I can make the gallery - still would like to do the festival - have to get to the goat meeting - haven't been the last two times.

The 19th looks good right now for me - my son's birthday is the 23 but they may wait to party till that following weekend - even if they don't it's likely to be in the evening.

goatgoddess
08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
love all the new avatars :)

OriginalYouth
08-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Jennifer reminded me that you had talked about going to the next gallery night, which I had totally forgotten. It is next Tuesday, September 1st. Here is a link to the brochure for the showing: http://www.oxidegallery.com/Flier-September09.html

That would be great if some of you could come!

I think that's first grade orientation at Sophie's school. I'll let you know.

ElectaBlue
08-27-2009, 08:37 AM
I know a weeknight is tough when everyone lives so far away! It is tough for me to make it sometimes, too, and it isn't all that far. But then again, it would be fun if you could come to the festival and that is more practical being on a weekend.

goatgoddess
08-27-2009, 08:50 AM
I wish I was retired with plenty of money so I could do the things I want to do rather than the thing I have to do <g>
got rain moving in - hope everyone gets some.

teri
08-27-2009, 09:04 AM
You and me both Debra! :D It is raining here too. It is a nice surprise. I didn't realize it was going to rain. Downside is now the mower will have to come on Saturday $$$. I had to start paying someone to mow this year due to Jimmy's back issues escalating and my son has allergies and I flat REFUSE to mow. I wonder if Caleb will ever be focused enough to mow when he gets older? I can see the zigzags in the yard now...LOL

ElectaBlue
08-27-2009, 02:50 PM
It rained a lot during the night here! I agree on the retired with plenty of money thing.

I make Max mow, but he misses long strips on purpose. I think he is trying to get fired from his job.:rolleyes:

goatgoddess
08-27-2009, 03:09 PM
hubby would let it grow up over our heads if I didn't mow - and did before we met - thankfully we now have a riding lawn mower - it use to take 3-4 hours with the self prop push mower. :err:

opipe73
08-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Hello all,
I just found out about atcs. I got some supplies and am starting to work on some pieces. I have been looking for a small but rewarding art forum. I hope to here from you all, and hope to make it to a meeting. So, I can see what atc are all about. :jiggy:
opipe73
ps Electra I hope to go to the Oxide tomorrow.

ElectaBlue
09-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Opipe, that would be great if you could come! We will need to figure out how we can recognize each other.

Jen, are you still planning on coming?

blueskysunburn
09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
No, we have three people out today. So probably not.

ElectaBlue
09-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Boohoo! I was so hoping you would be able to come.:(

OriginalYouth
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Lisa, we are out too, as we have first grade parent orientation at 5pm. Sorry darling!

blueskysunburn
09-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I should be able to go to the festival! Cory's a sucker for anything with cars. lol

blueskysunburn
09-01-2009, 07:41 PM
The gallery nights are the first Tuesday of every month from 6-8 PM. You can see more about the gallery here: http://www.oxidegallery.com/index.html

The festival info is here: http://www.dentonlive.com/PastIssues/FallWinter2008/ArtsAntiquesandAutos/tabid/3521/Default.aspx It is a pretty small festival, but is on the square which has a lot of fun stores.

Teri, I am glad you got an appointment!:D

Hey, I was just telling Cory about this but it says it's Saturday September 13, 2008 on the website. What day was it again?

ElectaBlue
09-02-2009, 11:01 AM
It is too bad no one could make it, but I understand! Tuesday nights are tough.

Jen, it IS on Saturday, September 12th. The dates on that website are wrong. It looks like they took the article from last year and just changed the year, but not the day. Here is the official calendar: http://www.dentonmainstreet.org/ and you can look at the specifics here: http://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=bzh0dDBsdm11dnI1NXAzc3J1aDcxdjZ2OXMgbWFp bnN0cmVldEBjeXJ1c2hhc2tlbGwuY29t&ctz=America/Chicago I was thinking it sounded like something that Cory might like, too, so you would be more likely to be able to come. Max is excited about going and seeing the cars, too.

opipe73
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I was there, but I got there late, at about 7pm. I couldn't stay long, because I was meeting up with some friends. It was a nice show. I got to talk with the guy who made the little robots out of old computer and calculator parts.
I wish we could of had more time, to make something up to find each other.

blueskysunburn
09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Jen, it IS on Saturday, September 12th. The dates on that website are wrong. It looks like they took the article from last year and just changed the year, but not the day.

Hahahaha, that's something I would and HAVE done! WE should be there then. Cory doesn't have to work that weekend since he worked last weekend.

opipe73
09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I am having problems getting my atcs to the gallery. The images are to large. So, my question is what program do you all use to re-size, or any other tips would be great. Thanks
I think I got it, but an easier way would be great.

teri
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it either Lisa. :( When I first found out about it I thought I could do it but I didn't plan enough ahead. I've had to hunt for a new dress for my nephew's wedding. I finally found one tonight. I have got to quit eating! It is hard to find a flattering dress. I am excited about the wedding though. It should be a great celebration.

ElectaBlue
09-03-2009, 06:31 PM
opipe, it is too bad we didn't know how to find each other! I was there until about 8. I absolutely love those little robots and a friend and I were talking about making them, but I think you would have to have a lot of computer parts to make them and I already have too much junk around my house. Were you there when the man fell on top of the case by the robots?

As for program, I have used different things, including Picasa, uploading them to my flickr and then downloading them at a smaller size and uploading to AFA, Microsoft Image Maker, etc. I don't know what the best way is.

Teri, it is too bad you couldn't make it! Finding a dress can be torture. I never seem to be able to find something when I need it, but when I don't need things I have no trouble!

opipe73
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
No I was not there when, that happened. Thanks for the tips, I got it figured out, but I will try flickr.

goatgoddess
09-03-2009, 10:44 PM
you wouldn't have wanted me there Lisa - got a bad flu - started feeling sick sunday - went home monday and just now feeling human again - haven't been this sick in forever - I'm so far behind on everything now :err:

hope to make it up September 12th - that is the plan now - if hubby doesn't wreak any more cars and I stay well for a while.

ElectaBlue
09-04-2009, 10:43 AM
GG, I read on another thread about your husband wrecking his truck! It sounds horrible, but I am glad he is ok. The flu also sounds awful. I got something last fall like that and it took months to get over it. I hope you can make it on the 12th!

blueskysunburn
09-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I hope you get to feeling better GG! I"m glad to hear your hubby wasn't hurt too.

goatgoddess
09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
I plan on going to the festival this saturday - in the morning most likely - hubby has to work so need to call my daughters and see if either of them are up for going or I may just drive up by myself - got a goat meeting at 2:00 pm and it would be a drag for the kids to sit thru that though they would <g>

now if I can figure out where that *&&^% goat meeting is :err: I haven't been to the last two so have to make it to this one. it's in Granbury somewhere...............

ElectaBlue
09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
That would be great if you could come, too, GG. Hopefully, it won't rain! Granbury is a long way from here, so you would definitely have to be there in the morning. We are supposed to be there to set up at 7 AM!

Did we ever decide when our next meeting was going to be? I was thinking it was this weekend or are we just meeting at my booth?:jiggy:

goatgoddess
09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Granbury is about 70 miles away from Denton so figure I'll leave around 12 -12:30 pm
says it starts at 10:00 am so that will give me time to see most of it I think. :)
and grab lunch somewhere before heading out.

blueskysunburn
09-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I thought we were okay with the 19th? No one had objected to is so I assumed. I hope I assumed correctly too because I invited Micol to come.

goatgoddess
09-11-2009, 01:37 PM
19th works fine for me - sept right? will be nice to see Micol.

blueskysunburn
09-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Yep, September.

ElectaBlue
09-11-2009, 06:06 PM
uhoh, I have company that weekend and can't come on the 19th.:( I had forgotten we had talked about that day, I guess.

I hope to see people tomorrow, but it is supposed to rain all day. They sent out an email saying they will make room for us inside the courthouse, if it is really bad.

teri
09-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I think I can come the 19th. I can't come tomorrow. My son and husband has requested I show him how to do tye-dye shirts. I got info from Sarah at our last meet up, bought the supplies but never did anything with them. I think the boys think I'm a pro since I play with colors. :skeptical: I think they could read the directions as easily as me. Wait, nevermind, guys don't know what directions are... LOL

Good luck on your sales Lisa!

blueskysunburn
09-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm planning on coming today Lisa unless my durn headache kicks back up. I've had this stupid thing for two days now but so far so good this morning.

goatgoddess
09-12-2009, 10:02 AM
was wondering about the weather - if they are moving you inside then I'll be there <G>
got 2 inches here and it's still raining

teri
09-12-2009, 10:25 AM
The rain played havoc with my Friday night. Chuck's football game was delayed and then postponed. With all that lightening and METAL stands...we were out of there! :yes: We paid $19 and didn't get our money back. They THINK they will play at 1pm today at which time we will get in free (as if I would attempt to pay again). I guess I will spend the afternoon on wet bleachers. grrrr

ElectaBlue
09-13-2009, 12:05 PM
I was really glad to see Jennifer and Debra yesterday. Without Debra, I wouldn't have sold anything at all and most of the people there didn't sell anything.

teri
09-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm sorry it wasn't a very good turnout. I'm sure the weather kept everyone away. I didn't go to Chuck's football game afterall. Caleb was a real turd yesterday so I stayed home with the charming monster. :) I kept calm by working on an ATC. Yeah, just one, it took me all day. LOL Some days he tries my patience and I get a little insight to how some parents can beat their kids. I wonder if he realizes how lucky he is that I have a very long fuse...:twitcy:

goatgoddess
09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah I do think the turnout would have been much better without the rain - I was surprised at the amount of people out in the rain more than I would have thought -but you need a large amount of people to make it worth while at a show like that.

goatgoddess
09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
my kittens were out of control this morning - can't even think of how out of control little kids would be after being cooped up in the house all weekend :swoon:

blueskysunburn
09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
OKay guys! Jennifer Perkins has a seminar class in Dallas on October 16th. I plan on attending. It's $105.00 Here are the details. I would love it of some or all of you guys could make it!

October 16th | Friday | 6:30-10:30pm
Cocktails + Snacks Provided

Starting Your Crafty Business Did you know you could have your own craft business up and running in under an hour? Signing up for Etsy is that easy. Or do you think a traditional website is the right angle for you? May take a little longer, but it is not a whole lot trickier. Once you have your business all set up the next steps are letting the world know, networking and making some sales. This class will you give the run down on getting started!

Marketing Your Crafty Business The success of your business is 40% what you make and 60% how you market it. Not yet signed up for Twitter? Don’t have a blog? Not swapping swag with other crafters? You could be missing out on easy, crucial and often free ways to promote your crafty business. Whether you knit booties or solder jewelry this class will help you understand the best avenues to market your small business. (Instructor: Jennifer)

Taking Your Crafty Business to the Next Level Things are running along smoothly with your small crafty business, but you want to know what else the world has to offer. How do people get product lines, book deals and TV shows? There is no secret formula, but Jennifer Perkins has experience in all three areas and will tell you what she knows.

goatgoddess
09-14-2009, 02:52 PM
it looks interesting - just wish it was on a saturday - it wouldn't be too hard to for me to get to after work though........

the other part that made me do a double take is that is my nieces name - well it was before she got married <G>

ElectaBlue
09-15-2009, 04:54 PM
It does sound interesting, but it is the day that I will most likely be busy with Max's birthday. I will have to see about being able to go.

goatgoddess
09-18-2009, 10:28 AM
so are we doing the 19th?

blueskysunburn
09-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Actually, that's what I'm popping on here about....I can't do this weekend. We are stuck working Sunday so I have to do all my errands tomorrow.

goatgoddess
09-18-2009, 01:01 PM
that's cool I have a boatload of stuff to do around the house and really shoud stay home - my yard is looking like a wildlife park with all this rain.

plus lot's of art to catch up on - trying to catch up - thinking hard about that new Suzi (well not so new now) class

EB and BKSB do you like it so far?

ElectaBlue
09-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I liked the Suzi class, but thought some of the layering and background stuff is pretty much what she did before, but I thought it was well worth taking because it has vastly improved my faces. I am so much better at shading, and my lips and noses are way better than they were before. I think that was worth the price of the class and wished she had spent more time on the faces instead of the backgrounds.

It is too bad you can't meet, but at least this way I am not missing anything!

OriginalYouth
09-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I just found out I have the WHOLE entire house to myself next Sunday! (the 27th?) Do you guys want to meet up here? Anytime between 12 and 8 is fine...

goatgoddess
09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
that is mth end - but if I get off work n time (I should, fingers crossed) that would work for me.

ElectaBlue
09-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I think I should be able to make it. I am supposed to have company come another weekend and I am not sure when that will be.

blueskysunburn
09-18-2009, 03:37 PM
I won't know about next weekend until later in the week. Being the end of the month I will probably have to work that weekend too.

I enjoyed this Suzi class though I still need to watch the last lesson or two. I like doing the more realistic faces. I hear she's doing another class of it? I agree with Lisa that the layering stuff was a total repeat of the last class.

OriginalYouth
09-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I really like the goddess and the poet stuff, how she does her faces, and there is so much intensity and expression in all of them.

I won her (Suziblu's) 'Marie Antoinette' video contest thing, so I'm in her petit Marie class. She doesn't instruct during the video (telling colors she's using, etc.) which is a bit frustrating, but otherwise I like her style. I don't intend to work on wood like she does, the gauging and beeswax and stuff, but it's fun to play along with 200 other people on the same project.

Well, tentatively, I'm having an art party next Sunday at 2pm whether anyone shows, up! Some of the girls from church want to come and play, so I'll tell them to come at 4pm. I'd hate to ONLY plan for one thing or the other, and have the house clean and no one show up. Any of you guys that want to come, come on! You can stay 'til 7 if you want, I can put another table up, plus the studio and the art room.

You guys are my first pick, but with 3 maybes, I dont' want to end up alone, lol.

teri
09-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I have so much to catch up on this weekend it is probably a good thing we aren't meeting up. I think next week would be okay. I'll let you know as soon as I check my schedule at work. Right now it is changing on a daily basis with the new software changes coming up. I had to quit joining swaps and need to complete the last one so I can lessen my stress level. And to top it off, my mother-in-law is coming for a 2 week visit on Oct 7th. Possibly during that time Jimmy will be having back surgery. We are still waiting for the final okay but it is just a matter of days now. Is it too early for tequila? LOL

ElectaBlue
09-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I have some sort of nasty bug. It is flulike, but I tested negative for flu. I haven't been this sick in years. I am hoping to come on Sunday if I get better. I went to the doctor yesterday and am on all kinds of medicine, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

goatgoddess
09-22-2009, 09:40 PM
oh no EB - hope you get to feeling better very soon!

stopped by to pick up hubby some cold advile - the dude ahead of me had swine flu freaked out the the staff in a major way. Really hope I don't catch anything and ou rcontroller at work, his kid has swine flu - guess we won't be able to keep from coming in contact at some point.

goatgoddess
09-22-2009, 09:43 PM
turns out mth end is Oct 3rd so I might be able to make - but it depends on if I can get stuff done - got roof damage last night to our house and lost a large section of the roof on the goat barn - not good. lucky the feed room is mostly still together so we didn't lose the hay or feed.

ElectaBlue
09-22-2009, 09:51 PM
GG, sorry to hear about your storm damage! :( All we had here was a sprinkle and a light show off in the distance. It looked bad from here.

teri
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Lisa, it could still be the swine flu. The flu tests that are in use right come up negative for swine flu approx. 30% of the time. The flu tests are for H1N1 (seasonal flu) and the swine flu is slightly different which is why it comes up negative sometimes even though it is H1N1 (novel). False negatives are common. I have a link somewhere that explains the flu dynamics in a powerpoint presentation. I'll find it and post it for you if you are interested.

OriginalYouth
09-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Yikes, feel better Lisa! And Debra, I'm with you on the roof madness, we'll be getting a new one, PLUS insulation and indoor ceiling and drywall replacement soon.

Well, anyone who wants to come, 2-6 at my place. If 1-2 of you can come, we'll just have us.

(((If no one is a 'for sure', I may call a few artsy girlfriends to come at the same time. Anyone who can is still welcome to.))))

ElectaBlue
09-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Lisa, it could still be the swine flu. The flu tests that are in use right come up negative for swine flu approx. 30% of the time. The flu tests are for H1N1 (seasonal flu) and the swine flu is slightly different which is why it comes up negative sometimes even though it is H1N1 (novel). False negatives are common. I have a link somewhere that explains the flu dynamics in a powerpoint presentation. I'll find it and post it for you if you are interested.

That is really interesting, Teri. I didn't realize false positives were so high! I would be interested in seeing your information. I feel much better today, but still feel amazingly bad and sound worse. So far no one seems to be coming down with it, but Max hasn't been careful about avoiding things I have touched. I think he wants to get it so he can miss school, but it is not worth it.

OY, I meant to comment on your post about the Suzi class. I saw your Marie video and then saw it on Suzi's site, too! It is hilarious and perfectly showcases your creative style.

teri
09-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Here is the link but it isn't a powerpoint. It is a 39 minute video. I hope you don't find it too boring or technical. I liked it but it is directed toward medical folks.

Mayo Medical Laboratories (http://mayomedicallaboratories.com/mediax/articles/hottopics/2009-9b-h1n1/index.html)

OriginalYouth
09-23-2009, 11:32 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz oh what? I fell asleep at the post? Sorry. Teri was talking about medical jargon. :) Maybe I'll get through it with a bottle of wine?

Thanks Lisa! I had fun.

OriginalYouth
09-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Since it sounds like no one can come Sunday, I guess we are off for this weekend.

ElectaBlue
09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Since it sounds like no one can come Sunday, I guess we are off for this weekend.

Boohoo! I was still hoping to go, but I still feel rotten, so who knows?

OriginalYouth
09-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Lisa, I think a few girlfriends from church are going to come from 2-4, if you feel great, call me and I'll give you directions! We'll probably just make 4x4 canvases, cause most of them are newbie artists. You could play along and/or help me out!

ElectaBlue
09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
ok, I will keep that in mind! Max now has whatever I have, so he has joined me at home.:( I think that reduces my chances of being able to go.

OriginalYouth
09-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Dang it! I hate it when we share germs. I always tell my kids to share, but to keep their germs to themselves! I thought we'd be safe from that nasty flu this spring since my kids weren't in school, but J brought it home from teaching and then we all got it. It was BAD too!

goatgoddess
09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah the flu is nasty this year - hope Max and you get over it quickly Lisa!

OY it's not looking good for me - don't have mth end (next weekend) but with the storm damage and getting behind on art stuff I don't think I'll have time to drive over - sounds like a lot of fun though, I'm sorry to miss it.

OriginalYouth
09-29-2009, 02:25 PM
No worries! We'll all pow-wow soon, hopefully.

P.S. Debra, those nasty worms are back, I've killed another 18 or so this week. JERKS.

goatgoddess
09-30-2009, 04:31 PM
oh no - they must be liking the cooler weather - they are nasty.

OriginalYouth
10-01-2009, 10:39 AM
oh no - they must be liking the cooler weather - they are nasty.

Another 2 today. :(

goatgoddess
01-20-2010, 01:27 PM
well I see over on facebook that OY and BSSB are busy getting ready for a show in March (which I do plan on going to)

I've been super busy with work and have baby goats coming

ElectaBlue and Teri are always busy <G>

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anywho just thought I would post - we ought to met up for a spring thing or something.

ElectaBlue
01-20-2010, 06:02 PM
We should definitely meet up some time! I haven't been doing any trading on here in forever, but have been busy working on my art journals mostly.

I would like to go to the Funky Finds thing this year since it isn't the same time as the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival (the last full weekend in April). I am going to have a booth again this year, so I need to start working on my jewelry soon to make some new pieces.

When is a good time for people to meet?

OriginalYouth
01-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Weekends are still pretty good for me, maybe in late February? I'm doing the Funky Finds show, PLUS I have the library grant classes the next 3 weeks. Oh, and my 20 hrs per week admin job, and a conference in FW this weekend. Seriously, crazyness!

I do want to get together soon though!

teri
01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi ladies! I miss you gals and this place! Work and home is still keeping me away. I haven't picked up an art supply in weeks...I'm going through withdrawal. Today I am cleaning and then hope to sit down to play. I would play first but I can't find a clean surface. LOL I've been working some insane hours and my home has suffered. The guys do what they can but detail is not one of their strong points. :) Neither is completing any one task... :(

I'm going to check in a few other areas here and then off to clean...

goatgoddess
01-26-2010, 03:13 PM
maybe late Feb will work for most if not I'll see some of you at Funky Finds in March <G>

need to look up the Arts and Jazz thingie too - sounds fun.

Terry - work has been nuts here too - should be calmer by end of Feb for me - hope yours lets up soon

anderscandy
10-19-2010, 01:30 AM
HI guys wanted to poke here because I'm a DFW resident aaaand would be awesome to meet some ATC people :D

ElectaBlue
10-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Anders! We haven't actually met in person for ages, but we need to do it again. Maybe having a new person will spur us on to meet again.

OriginalYouth
02-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi Teri and anderscandy! Make sure to check out the huge live event we are going to hold this summer, right here in Hurst! Hope you can come!
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18375

darkstarstudio
03-18-2011, 05:28 PM
I am in White Settlement (what a horrible name for a subdivision), and I would love to do some live trading, or even try to organize a general get together. I don't have a car, so its easiest for me if its somewhere in Fort Worth. Also wondering of anyone has studio space in the area that they want to rent out cheap?

tammybeck
10-23-2011, 08:39 AM
I am in N. Dallas (Plano) would just love it if anyone wanted to do a get together/ live trade soon. i will help organize! Anyone?

tammybeck
10-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi Anders! We haven't actually met in person for ages, but we need to do it again. Maybe having a new person will spur us on to meet again.
I am up for one!

teri
10-23-2011, 11:17 AM
We really should get together. It has been too long. I know several are doing regular art shows so it may be difficult this time of year to find a weekend where all are free.

ElectaBlue
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Yes, I would like to meet, too, but my weekends are so often crazy these days. That way I could give Tammy that card I owe her.

tammybeck
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
would anyone be interested in doing a get-together, say at a coffee shop and have a cup of coffee, or gather for some "art time"? Kinda hard to wait until June for the Portland meetup. .....

mzspurslasso
11-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Me!! I am about 3 hours from DFW now, but come through every few months. I can plan accordingly and would love to meet some of the DFW folks. :)

teri
11-05-2011, 09:30 AM
I would love to! I have every weekend in Nov off. I don't have anything planned, that I can remember. Do you have a place/day in mind?

tammybeck
11-08-2011, 08:51 AM
I would love to! I have every weekend in Nov off. I don't have anything planned, that I can remember. Do you have a place/day in mind?
I am open for suggestions on a place. Sounds like Teri is good for the remaining weekends in Nov, mzspurslasso, any of the weekends in Nov work for you?
I am thinking something like the Borders or Barnes & Nobles. One went out of business and I can't recall which one. They usually have lots of table space and welcome people meeting to play chess and all kinds of stuff!
Tammy

mzspurslasso
11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Ack...actually all my Nov. weekends are booked...most of Dec too. Maybe Jan?

mzspurslasso
11-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Tammybeck...if you are in Plano and Teri is in Fort Worth...I am 3 hrs from Plano and 2 from Ft Worth...maybe we could meet in Ft. Worth or Weatherford?

OriginalYouth
02-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Anyone up for a meetup next month? It has been too long and now I have the perfect place to have one! :D I have seating for about 20, and plenty of tables. Are Saturday mornings good for everyone?

This is in Keller, BTW, which is North of Fort Worth and 820, and just east of 35.

mzspurslasso
02-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Ooooh that sounds fun!!

tammybeck
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Anyone up for a meetup next month? It has been too long and now I have the perfect place to have one! :D I have seating for about 20, and plenty of tables. Are Saturday mornings good for everyone?

This is in Keller, BTW, which is North of Fort Worth and 820, and just east of 35.
Saturdays are great and I would love to meet up. Depending on how early you have it will depend on if I can make it. I have an illness that leaves me incapacitated early mornings but I am good by noon! Maybe that would give others time to commute to Keller?
How far is Keller from Ft. Worth?
Thanks for offering to host a gathering!
Tammy

ElectaBlue
02-20-2012, 11:21 PM
I would love to meet!! I was just thinking the other day that we hadn't meet in forever and I would love to see Sarah's new studio. Most Saturdays will work for me.

goatgoddess
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
cool I'll try to remember to look for updates :)

tammybeck
02-25-2012, 10:01 AM
i just checked in to see if there was a date chosen, hopefully we all will know when OY picks a date? maybe someone who reads this post will keep the rest of us in the loop!

tammybeck
03-16-2013, 09:11 AM
no one could ever seem to pick a date I guess. There aren't many of us. If I owned a home I would offer to host but I live in an apt so that's out. I bet there aren't more than 4 of us if someone could host. Another suggestion is we could use the shop Googly Eyes Art supplies in Irving. I do a monthly art journal group there and the lady that owns the shop lets us meet for free once a month.
Can we renew some interest here?

VivaGlitter
04-19-2013, 01:20 PM
I would be up for a meeting. It can be a happy hour type meeting and bring your cards. Then if we want to make it a bigger thing we can. How do we do a shout out to other area members to see if they would like to meet. We can meet a some place casual like "Fuzzy Tacos" or "Snuffers" where we can get a big picnic size table to pass around our cards to look at.

NOTE: Googly Eyes Art Supplies in Irving is closing :( Their last month is in May 2013. I was going there for Zentangle classes and Copic classes.

Theresagram
05-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Not sure if any of you still subscribe to this thread, but I wanted to let you all know I'm doing to be in the Dallas area (Plano) next month. Hubs & I are visiting his parents and I'd love to escape his mother in law for a little while! I won't have lots of time, but was wondering if anyone would maybe like to meet me for a soda, lunch or something somewhere close. I don't know the area well at all.

kbutts
05-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Hi everyone.

I just wanted to let you know that we are still planning to host the Art For All Conference in Milwaukee this July (25th- 28th). The registration form will be available soon (testing now). We are still in search of the perfect hotel/venue but we are confident that we will find what we need in Milwaukee soon.
This link should get you to the forum/threads will all the information.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83
I look forward to seeing you all soon.

goatgoddess
05-10-2013, 12:37 PM
yeah I've not looked in here for a while so thanks for your rep letting me know
we should get together - I don't know Plano very well but I got mapquest <G>

I work in South Dallas and live south of Fort Worth

Theresagram - why don't you let me know when you are free and I can make it work
sadly I still work (ready for retirement <G>) so it would have be saturday or sunday

you are north of Dallas by a bit - about 1.5 or so from where I live. Grapevine Hills isn't real far from Plano - but you might ask your MIL where a good place would be to have lunch or somthing.

or I can pick you up and take you over to Grapevine Mills - I'm sure there is somewhere nice in there to eat - never been there but by it a time or two.
http://www.grapevinetxonline.com/grapevine-mills-mall/

anyone else in the area that would like to join us?

VivaGlitter
05-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Hello Theresagram and goatgoddess I live in Carrollto, the next city over from Plano, the city that Theresagram is visiting. If the stars align I would love to pick Theresagram up and we can meet in Grapevine so goatgoddess can come up.

I'll IM Theresagram to see when she will be in town.

Theresagram
05-15-2013, 06:22 PM
theweavershand said she could drive up too!! It would be great to meet you gals! I'll be there June 13, 14 & 15. The 15th is a Saturday. If that works for everyone we could plan on lunch? :D

mzspurslasso
05-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I might be able to make that date too. :) Would love to meet ya'll!

Theresagram
05-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Oh yay!!! We're going to have a party!! :jiggy::jiggy:

goatgoddess
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
got my calendar marked :jiggy:

tammybeck
05-30-2013, 10:23 AM
I live in Plano, am just now seeing this message because I have been in Ireland for 28 days!
Sat the 15th probably works for me so consider me in.
There is a nice store in Plano called Stamp Asylum:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stamp-asylum/292042274168028
If we have a head count and if y'all wanted to meet there, that might be an option. They lady that runs the store might allow us to meet for an hour or so and trade cards in their classroom if it's not being used, someone will just have to ask. I am sure an email to them would work.
What do you think?

Theresagram
05-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Tammy, that sounds great! At least it will give us a starting place to meet! This will be so much fun!! I can't wait to meet you gals!! :D

Theresagram
05-30-2013, 01:59 PM
I just checked out the Stamp Asylum page. I did a mapquest and they are only 2 miles from my in laws house!! Cool!

livia
05-30-2013, 03:48 PM
I can't believe that I never knew about this group. Tammy I would love to come out to Plano and meet and trade. Count me in.

mzspurslasso
05-31-2013, 08:41 AM
I will have to bow out this time but would love to meet you all another time. :)

theweavershand
05-31-2013, 10:31 AM
still playing it by ear but its not looking good. we start moving on the 7th and every cent we have and then some is tied into moving and all that entails. still keeping the possibility open. time will tell.

Theresagram
05-31-2013, 02:56 PM
I will have to bow out this time but would love to meet you all another time. :)

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. I would have loved to meet you. I'll let you know the next time we head to Plano.

Theresagram
05-31-2013, 02:57 PM
still playing it by ear but its not looking good. we start moving on the 7th and every cent we have and then some is tied into moving and all that entails. still keeping the possibility open. time will tell.

I understand about moving. I will keep my fingers crossed that you can make it.

tammybeck
05-31-2013, 09:23 PM
i am still in!

livia
06-02-2013, 10:52 PM
I am in too

livia
06-03-2013, 08:17 AM
What time?

tammybeck
06-03-2013, 07:16 PM
yes, pick a time to meet at the Stamp Asylum, anytime works for me!

I was telling Theresagram that the Stamp Asylum is located in one of those strip mall's and there is an inexpensive Chinese restaurant a few doors over from the store called: Sichuanese and here is the link: http://www.sichuaneserestaurant.com/
It's no frills, good food and affordable, just an FYI.....

VivaGlitter
06-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I plan on being there too.

Theresagram
06-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure what time is good for everyone else, but since I'm only going to be in town a few days...Saturday morning works best for me. :) I was thinking I can be to the stamp store by 10:30ish and would need to be back to my in laws by 1-1:30ish.

Does that work for anyone?

I'm SO excited about getting to meet some of you Texas gals!!! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

livia
06-08-2013, 09:26 AM
See you there, I am bringing a new friend -she is from China and just graduated from UTA with a masters. She is teaching English to Chinese. I found out recently that she is a shy artist and wanted her to meet some other American artist. So I will not be hard to find.

Driving over from Fort Worth, so I might be a little late.

goatgoddess
06-12-2013, 02:00 PM
10:30 works fine - haven't had time to make new cards yet so might not have much to trade - still have to find the ones that I made a while back.
now to mapquest this place <G>

theweavershand
06-13-2013, 03:52 PM
it doesnt look like im going to be able to make it. we are still moving stuff over from the old place and money is so tight i wouldnt be able to come up with the gas anyway. so, so sorry! i really wanted to meet you, Theresa! i guess ill have to hope i can figure out a way to make it to Artzona in January.

take lots of pics and hugs all around! have fun!

tammybeck
06-13-2013, 05:58 PM
I will be there at 10:30. I don't have much new stuff to trade but it's more about the camaraderie! Livia, your friend might like to check out that place I recommended, it's authentic Chinese food! I would like to head over there after we meet at the Stamp Asylum if everyone else is ok with that.
The egg drop soup is to die for!

Theresagram
06-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Amy, I'm so sorry you won't be able to make it. :( I was so hoping to meet you.

We just drove in to Plano around noon today. We passed Stamp Asylum on the way. I'll be there Saturday at 10:30. Can't wait to meet you all. I didn't have time to make anything to trade. I have a few older cards and a couple of book marks, that's about it.
The Chinese food place sounds great to me. :D

goatgoddess
06-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Chinese sounds great - Amy sorry you can't make it.

tammybeck
06-15-2013, 12:55 AM
see y'all tomorrow!

Theresagram
06-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Tammy & Debra it was great getting to meet you both!! Thank you both for coming. I wish we'd had more time and that some of the other gals could have made it too. Loved the Stamp Asylum!!! Will have to remember that place the next time we come to Plano.

goatgoddess
06-15-2013, 07:57 PM
It was fun Theresa - I'm sorry that I had so much drama going on at home that I almost didn't make it - at least I made it in time for lunch - the food was great - thanks Tammy for knowing a good place to eat :)

I found several (well more than several) goodies there too after you both had to go - now to clean up my art room <G>

that turtle is still here - out in the easement on the other side of the fence - my husband said he didn't understand how large it was - told him yeah why you think I kept driving around it - darn thing would have gotten stuck under my car if I had tried to driver over him. Dog is back - will have to call the breeder and see about returning her though.

livia
06-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Sorry I did not make it. I could not get out of my Saturday commitment and be there on time. Maybe next time. Glad you all had a fun day.

tammybeck
06-15-2013, 09:40 PM
It was nice seeing Debra and it was great to meet Theresa! Sorry the others did not make it. : (
We had a nice lunch at the Chinese place and got some goodies at the Stamp Asylum.
Looking forward to seeing the posted photos from today.. hint hint!

ElectaBlue
06-20-2013, 03:53 PM
I haven't been around much, so totally missed this! I would have loved to have met up (and go to Stamp Asylum). Make sure and let me know if people want to meet up again.

goatgoddess
07-02-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't think I have your phone number anymore - do you check out facebook? missed you.

Theresagram
07-02-2013, 02:27 PM
It was nice seeing Debra and it was great to meet Theresa! Sorry the others did not make it. : (
We had a nice lunch at the Chinese place and got some goodies at the Stamp Asylum.
Looking forward to seeing the posted photos from today.. hint hint!

I tried to post the pic of the 3 of us and it keeps giving me a error msg. I'm not sure how to make the pic smaller. I'll have to see if Hubs can do it for me.

Theresagram
07-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Let's see if this works....

From my trip to Plano.

L to R

Debra (GoatGoddess), Tammy (tammybeck), Theresa (Theresagram)
It was fun to meet you gals!

theweavershand
07-02-2013, 04:07 PM
great pic! so sorry i missed out on meeting you and seeing Debra and Tammy again!

blueskysunburn
01-21-2014, 01:23 PM
I forgot all about this thread. Hankering to meet some locals and play though. Who all is local and still active on here?

tammybeck
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
I am!

livia
01-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Me too. Meet ups would be fun again

mzspurslasso
01-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Me too! (actually 2-3 hrs away from DFW so Weatherford or Ft. Worth would be my preference)

theweavershand
01-22-2014, 03:48 AM
ill make the drive if the time works out.

livia
01-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Is Fort Worth okay. I know of a couple of places to meet at. Maybe in late February or early March.

blueskysunburn
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Yay! So may of us! Yes, Livia if you know of some places in fort worth that would be great.

I was thinking getting together like once a quarter would be kind of fun.

tammybeck
01-22-2014, 02:34 PM
will keep checking the thread...

mzspurslasso
01-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Weekends work best for me :)

livia
02-02-2014, 05:14 PM
There are several places we can meet over here. I have used a couple of public libraries that we can meet at. Also if anyone is interested in shopping and lunch we can work it in. Let me check around.

blueskysunburn
02-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out for your post. I can't do much shopping as I've got to watch my spending but I'm game for lunch.

goatgoddess
02-05-2014, 11:51 AM
that sounds fun - will watch the thread - depending on my husband and how he's doing I should be able to make it.

livia
02-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I am looking at 15th of March. It is a Saturday, if anyone has some other date that is good for me.

Post here to let the thread know.

tammybeck
02-06-2014, 10:02 PM
afternoon?

blueskysunburn
02-07-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm good with that date

mzspurslasso
02-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Sounds great to me!

livia
02-08-2014, 09:12 AM
There a couple of La Madeline restaurants that we could meet at. There is always a little away spot that 6-8 people can fit into. They are great about hanging out. I have done a couple of meet ups at La Madeline with no problem.

We could do a late(ish) lunch say around 1-1:30.

How does that sound?

blueskysunburn
02-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Sounds good

livia
02-11-2014, 10:57 AM
If everyone is okay with the date March 15th, here is the location. Meet up about 1:30 after the lunch rush

la Madeleine Country French Café
6140 Camp Bowie Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76116

It is in far west Fort Worth. I wanted to make it easy for anyone coming up from the south or west. It is just off I-30.

There is a small room snaked around in the far back that has a large table. If I can get a good head count, I might be able to reserve the table. It is pretty relaxed there anyway so it should not be a problem.

If you know anyone who might be interested let me know. If it becomes a bigger group I can always find some other place. There are several we can meet at that are free.

mzspurslasso
02-11-2014, 12:39 PM
That sounds wonderful!

OriginalYouth
02-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Oooh, a local group again would be fun! I don't get to swap online much as working full-time draws my attention, but I could maybe do an occasional meet-up for the camaraderie. I'm afraid to start doing online swaps again even though I have more time; as I'd probably get totally addicted! lol.
I can't make the March 15th meetup (have fun!) but if you guys start doing regular ones again, or the group gets larger, I can offer my studio in Keller on Sundays; we rarely book that day. There is plenty of room (and pretty much every art supply possible in case of emergencies, lol) and people could 'camp out' and create all day. Restaurants within walking distance, or people could bring food. It might make it more worthwhile if y'all want a one-day retreat sort of thing. It's easily comfortable for 16+ people (we've had as many as 25 adult artists in there though), including the Etsy Fort Worth/Arlington groups. Since I know several of you personally, as long as I'm in town, I could just pass off the key if I couldn't be there all day. Just shoot me a private message if you are interested in using it at some point; I think I get notification emails. :)

I'd be happy to plan it if no one else wants to, maybe a 10am-8pm thing, with a focused trading time from 2-4 or something for people who can't come all day. :)

mzspurslasso
02-12-2014, 02:07 PM
That sounds wonderful too, OriginalYouth!

tammybeck
02-13-2014, 11:12 AM
livia, I wrote it on my calendar and will try to make it. Did anyone ask GoatGoddess? I think there are a couple others in the area that may not be aware of this thread.
There's also ElectaBlue, can someone contact her?
There is also: Idolores, theweavershand

I know there are others in the area.......

VivaGlitter
02-13-2014, 11:21 AM
I live in the DFW area too. I put the meeting time on my calendar and will try to make it.

ElectaBlue
02-13-2014, 11:28 AM
I don't really do any trading any more, but I would love to get together with local people again! Unfortunately, I have to work on March 15th so I can't make it that day, but maybe I can make another one if this becomes a regular thing. I like OY's idea of meeting at her studio, as that is reasonably close to me and I have never been there.

Thanks for sending me a message, Tammybeck! I would have missed this.

mzspurslasso
02-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Maybe we can put a note in the Lounge to direct folks to this thread?

Della
02-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Hi everyone!
Just got an invite from tammybeck!! Who knew???? I will mark this on the calendar and keep in touch in case I can't make it! Would it be ok if I brought a friend?

tammybeck
02-14-2014, 12:11 PM
maybe we can do the next one at OY's studio, thanks for the offer! Maybe she can pick a date for that one, maybe in a couple of months?
We don't have to trade but it would be nice to sit and have a cup of coffee/tea, etc and spend an hour or so just visiting! If you wanted to trade, then those who want to can. We could also bring some unwanted art supplies and swap those, I know I would like to unload a bunch of stuff I don't need! Just an idea!

mzspurslasso
02-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Maybe we can put a note in the Lounge to direct folks to this thread?

Carol said we are able to add a link to this thread in our signature lines, but we can't post it in the Lounge. :)

livia
02-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Let's do this first one at La Madeline, then we can do another on a Sunday afternoon maybe at OY's studio. Maybe in May or June. We can see what her schedule is like and a see what the majority has open as a date goes.

tammybeck
02-18-2014, 10:15 AM
I can't do May Livia, I will be spending 2 weeks in Amsterdam & Prague but Sunday afternoon sounds real good!

goatgoddess
02-19-2014, 02:02 PM
March 15th is good for me - there is a Funky Finds art show thingie I would like to go to the weekend before (always mean to go and never do) and a bead show later that mth
I was thinking about.

as long as my husband stays heathy I'm in :)

Oh tammybeck how fun - Amsterdam and Prague! and I still owe you a couple of cards - will bring those.

Christilyn
02-25-2014, 12:25 PM
I just put it on my calendar too! I'm really new at ATCs, but I'd love to learn more.

theweavershand
03-02-2014, 02:37 AM
we'll be coming back from Houston that day so i wont be able to make it. have a great time though and take lots of pictures!

Christilyn
03-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I just put it on my calendar too! I'm really new at ATCs, but I'd love to learn more.
Well, I won't actually be there. A friend of ours in East Texas asked us to a recital she's having that day. Maybe next time!

goatgoddess
03-05-2014, 11:25 AM
oh shoot I have to drop out I have to go out of town - it was suppose to be the weekend after this one the 22nd but they moved it to the weekend of the 15th and I promised them last year I would go - sorry!

mzspurslasso
03-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Good grief -- so sorry but I need to bow out as well. My daughter is flying in for the weekend from Minnesota. I haven't seen here since last summer.

Please don't give up on this. Maybe another date?

livia
03-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Please PM me if you are coming. I kind of need a head count so I can save some tables

tammybeck
03-11-2014, 10:28 AM
livia, I had planned on coming but if no one else is, let me know!

blueskysunburn
03-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Livia I was driving by there yesterday and it looks like La Madeleines isn't there anymore. Did they move??

On another note...I have to bow out as well. This is the only weekend I will be able to pick up the rest of my things from the house. I'm game if we can move it to another date though!

teri
03-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi to all my local friends! I've missed you all. I'm glad to see the meetups start again. Please keep me in mind with the next gathering. I would love to see you all and the new faces too.

I have been out of pocket since the site meetup in Hurst. With the move, the grandkids, etc we have had a lot of changes here and no place for me to "play". My son moved out in Dec and now I have a playroom all my own so I can start swapping a little at a time. I had so much "stuff" boxed away that it took forever to get everything in its place...mostly because I wanted to play with it all as I unboxed the goods. It has been a 3 month Christmas for me. LOL Hope to see everyone soon!

tammybeck
03-15-2014, 10:53 AM
looks like this one today is a no go. Let's get the next one set in place and hopefully people will be able to come this time!

ElectaBlue
03-15-2014, 11:48 AM
It is too bad no one can make it because it turned out I am free today after all! Maybe next month we could meet at OY's studio?

livia
03-15-2014, 12:05 PM
As it turns out the weather maybe ugly - I will see what I can find out from Sarah (OY)

goatgoddess
03-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Teri - Hi glad to see you posting!

SunTrade
04-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Oh Wow I did not know this existed! Where in the metroplex you all meet?

tammybeck
04-08-2014, 09:00 AM
SunTrade, we're trying to meet but it seems to fall through, LOL. Livia is organizing the next attempt at a gathering. I am out of town May 4-19 but hope there is a meeting after that at some point.

SunTrade
04-08-2014, 06:07 PM
After May should be better for me. Mainly after school ends. My husband is transitioning work, so Sunday is the only day I get to see him, and I would not like to go that day for now.

I also have a son graduating from Middle school, and another one from UTD on May. Hopefully by the summer things will be calmer!

goatgoddess
04-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm out of town that weekend too but hope to get back in time for this - the sketchbook project tour if anyone wants to go that - it's in Fort Worth May 4th - some of our fellow artist have books in the tour.

missed getting a book this year but it's fun to see what others have done. Went to Austin a few years back when my book was in it.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27512

Amon Carter Museum of American Art - May 4th
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76107

http://www.sketchbookproject.com/sbp2014

livia
04-10-2014, 10:46 PM
I am going out of town April 19 and will not be back here until around May 12. Moving my Navy kids to Norfolk, VA and helping them set up. Then I leave for China on May 22 and will be back around June 3.

If anyone wants to set up a meet up that would be great. PM me this week if you want some places in Dallas or Fort Worth area.

goatgoddess
04-11-2014, 09:50 AM
livia you are busy busy - China OMG have fun!

Photopam
05-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Does this group still meet, or know of another group that meets? I love working beside other creatives and talking with them. It's been too long...
Hi to all my "neighbors"!

SunTrade
05-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Oh boy I think we still have not got around to. Now summer is coming .... Are you near DFW?

Photopam
05-25-2015, 09:58 PM
West fort worth.

ElectaBlue
05-26-2015, 03:24 PM
We haven't met in years, but it would be fun if we could do it again.

goatgoddess
05-27-2015, 04:38 PM
it has been a long time. weekends are better for me.

SunTrade
06-30-2015, 11:05 PM
Well after the summer, and my son is back in school, maybe I will organized a once a month get together? Or every six weeks or something like that.

Is Plano or Frisco a good location for you all?

Photopam
07-01-2015, 10:27 AM
That's a little too far for me. I'm west of fort worth. Arlington might be okay though. :)

mzspurslasso
07-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Photopam, how far west are you? I'm southwest of Fort Worth. :)

Photopam
07-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Photopam, how far west are you? I'm southwest of Fort Worth. :)

It takes me about 25-30 minutes to get into town. That is Fort Worth.

mzspurslasso
07-02-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm about two hours from Ft Worth.

SunTrade
07-02-2015, 02:22 PM
I am nearly 2 hours from fort worth, so that is really afar for me. I do not know much about Arlington, so it would be hard for me to organize anything around there. Arlington is where six flags is right?

Photopam
07-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Yes. Arlington is where six flags is. It's a mid city and easy to get to.
I can help with organizing. I use to live in Arlington so I know a little of the area. It's grown so much though.

What kind of place shall I look into? Coffee shop, restaurant, outdoor space like a park?

Or is that too far for everyone else?
Maybe Grapevine? That's about hour and a half if traffic cooperates.

SunTrade
07-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Grapevine would be a lot better for me. I live North of Dallas, so Grapevine is about 1 1/2 hour, maybe less. Arlington is super far, and I cannot drive very long unless someone takes me.

mzspurslasso
07-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Just a thought -- what about Denton? Close to North Dallas area and Ft. Worth.

goatgoddess
07-07-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm southwest of Fort Worth too - Denton is doable - it would be a hour or two
but anywhere I go is a ways.

SunTrade
07-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Denton is cool with me!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Photopam
07-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Denton works. And is kinda artsy. ;)

SunTrade
07-08-2015, 04:10 PM
I remember going to Plano eons ago to the library to meet a polymer clay group. I think I can call the library and see if a person can reserve a room. However, I am not available until the last two weeks of September, as I will be traveling and uber busy.

mzspurslasso
07-08-2015, 09:34 PM
That sounds like a great time frame SunTrade. Denton has some interesting places, I be we can find something like you did in Plano.

Photopam
06-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Well, I think we all forgot! Hmm... Anyone want to try again?

mzspurslasso
08-21-2016, 10:46 PM
Sounds good, Photopam!

pouringdiva
12-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Is this meetup still going on?