Faux Batik Swap - Due April 1st

sierralush

Rookie
Media
Due Date: 4/1/2008
# Cards: 3 for 3
# Participants: 13

Lets have fun with faux batik! You can use clear embossing powder, or crayons, or even bleach pens. There are a ton of fun ways to create faux batik. Explore and have fun. Make a bunch and send your best three

Swap Rules:
Cards must be the best you can make. They can be fabric, paper, rice paper, etc, but they must fit in a clear atc sleeve. Please put your username on the back of all cards. Please not heavy or bulky embellishments.
US players please send a SASE with 58 cents postage on it. International players, I will cover postage. An extra ATC is appreciated but by no means necessary.
I will send you a PM with my address when you sign up.
Please post here when you have mailed your cards so I can keep an eye out for them. I will leave feedback when cards are received. Cards must be in my hands by the due date.
I think that is all. Happy Batiking!!

Players:
1.Bluellen- received
2.Goatgoddess - received
3.Elena- received
4.Dooda- received
5.stormarela- received
6.jetleg
7.Kbutts
8.Bubblecup
9.Cerasparkles
10.Maxie23- received
11.egrobeck-received
12.Vicki Z- received
13. Marla412- received

Last edited:
I made a TON of those things. First off, they were frustrating. Nothing turned out like the images in my head. Then, everything clicked, and GOSH, they are so darned NICE. I'm going to use all the ones I didn't send in for backgrounds (assuming I can bear to cover them up);)
Thanks for the challenge. I never would have tried this otherwise.

I tried that flour paste resist - didn't work out quite like I wanted <G>
off to surf the net myself :)

I did the cards following the embossing tutorial. It said to draw over the image with an embossing pen and then cover with white embossing powder. It doesn't matter if the pencil marks are dark since it will be all covered. But, I realized I had to draw real thin so that it was all covered. I just found out I don't have the option to attached an image from my gallery???

my cards are done, will go in the mail tomorrow. here's a sneak peek: (I used stamps and clear embossing powder on a white atc blank, then colored over it with inks, then overstamped again to add more interest and color)

2303238081_00c2bf5636.jpg

Last edited:
great cards! I want to try it. When you colored them, did you then had to wipe the color from the stamped image??

thank you both!!

yeah, I put the ink on heavy, waited a few moments, then wiped. I blended different colors that way, too. good luck! can't wait to see how your cards come out!

Back
Top Bottom