PDA

View Full Version : INCHIES: Cat-Themed Inchies - Due Dec 27th

craftyvox
02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Swap Due Date - December 15, 2007
Signup/withdraw date - December 12th, 2007
Number of Cards - 9 inchies per set, one or two sets
Number of participants - unlimited

Since the returns for the Cat-Themed Inchies swap have been mailed out already a while ago I figured it wasn't needed to repost the whole swap, just give us a spot to finish up this swap.

I hope that by now all the inchied-kitties have found their way to their new homes! I'd like for you all to update in this thread when they found your mreowbox! :) I'd appreciate it if you could leave a note here when you do - so I can stop worrying about them traveling all over the world, I would hate to see some getting lost.

Please don't forget to rep points for your fellow participants whose inchies you recieved, as well as iTrader for me! I left iTrader for all of you on the other site several days before it went down so that should all be added to your iTrader rating - thank heavens they managed to save those!!

Thanks for participating in my swap, thanks for being patient with me, and I look forward swapping with you again in future on this new beautiful website/forum!!

~esther

Carole Cadek
02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Crafty, moved this into the Active Mail Art Forum for you, since it is not an ATC swap:)

craftyvox
02-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Crafty, moved this into the Active Mail Art Forum for you, since it is not an ATC swap:)

Ack doh! a) now I understand why I couldn't find the thread back and b) sorry for misposting!!

fantasy firebird
02-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I hate to say this but my kitties never arrived!!! This swop seemed blighted by the postal service from the word go!! Don't worry about it, I'll just put it down to experience and mutter about the dutch nd english postal service every chance I get!! LOL

craftyvox
02-21-2008, 01:28 PM
I hate to say this but my kitties never arrived!!! This swop seemed blighted by the postal service from the word go!! Don't worry about it, I'll just put it down to experience and mutter about the dutch nd english postal service every chance I get!! LOL

Really??!! You're kidding me. Gah. I know Marlien recieved hers, not sure about the rest yet. I'd be really annoyed and slightly upset if yours go missing *again*. First on their way here and now also on their way back? /makes rude gesture at Dutch and English Postal System. I am going to file a complaint if you don't recieve them within the next two weeks!

Robin
02-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I haven't received mine yet!

fantasy firebird
02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Really??!! You're kidding me. Gah. I know Marlien recieved hers, not sure about the rest yet. I'd be really annoyed and slightly upset if yours go missing *again*. First on their way here and now also on their way back? /makes rude gesture at Dutch and English Postal System. I am going to file a complaint if you don't recieve them within the next two weeks!

Yet we never had a problem with our private trade!!

KarenM
02-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Mine haven't arrived either.

craftyvox
02-22-2008, 06:08 PM
This is really upsetting me, I don't understand why it takes the inchies so damn long to get to you. I added plenty of postage to the envies, secured them with extra tape on the back.. Marlien received hers but what happened to the others?? I am just simply hoping the mail is being messy and takes extra long these days to reach you. They have been mailed out quite a while back already! :*(

craftyvox
02-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh Joy you have no idea how wonderful it is to hear this! I seriously was starting to worry about things.

I think that lil kittie with no details might have been mine LOL! Is it a tiny embossed blackkitty on a alcohol inked background? I thought I added my details to all of them but seem to have missed some !

monarch
02-23-2008, 06:46 PM
How come no inchies yet.......

complicious
02-24-2008, 11:53 AM
I think the kitties are afraid to cross the Atlantic! When I mailed postcards from Amsterdam this summer, it took a month for them to arrive stateside.

craftyvox
02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
You visited Amsterdam? Neato! Next time you do make sure you mention it *giggles*, then we can meet up I live in Amsterdam hehe.

fantasy firebird
02-27-2008, 01:41 PM
they can't be using the Eurotunnel either, and as kitties don't swim...........

craftyvox
02-27-2008, 02:06 PM
I guess they might be taking the scenic route! I am happy to hear that they are slowly arriving at their new homes though :)

craftyvox
03-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Any news on new arrivals?

Robin
03-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Mine haven't arrived yet!

KarenM
03-03-2008, 12:20 AM
None here yet either.

Elena
03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I can't believe nobody in the US hasn't receive them yet!

craftyvox
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
It is seriously puzzling me what is going on with those inchies. I have used similar envies for all of them, enough postage, clearly written all the addresses etc.. double checked yadda yadda and put them in the mailbox all at the same time. They have arrived in the Netherlands as well as in Oz, but the rest is still .. MIA? It's seriously getting annoying now, I wonder whether I could inquire at our mailsystem!

Linda4atc
03-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi everyone, I was not in this swap but theme caught my attention. I hate to add bad thoughts to worry about . . . but as I read about all the inchies that have not arrived I remembered a couple of torn envies I recieved. I'm thinking with those tiny but reasonably thick little things ratteling around in the envelope they may have stacked up and got caught up in the machines, then who knows. A way to prevent this if it is indeed the problem is to use a removable tape (art removable or there is a scotch tape brand) to secure them to a piece of cardstock and keep them from stacking. I also tape my atc's this way so they stay fairly flat in the envy and don't get lost if there is damage.

I hope the all arrive and it's just slow postal service. hugs

KatieV
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I hope that's not it!! Crossing my fingers that it's just due to slow service. These kitties are taking their time :D

fantasy firebird
03-05-2008, 10:07 AM
I am sure when they arrive eventually they will have bred and we will have hundreds!!!

monarch
03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
My kitties are lost................................

Robin
03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
My kitties arrived safely today!

Thanks for the wonderfull swap and to: Roberta Gill, Marlien, Complicious, Craftyvox, Ria, Karen M, Bluebelle235, Elena, Fantasy Firebird and Monarch for the beautifull Kitties.

Elena
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Yesss!! I am glad they finally crossed the ocean!!

craftyvox
03-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Oh my!! I am so glad that at least some arrived at their new home. Gives me hope bout the rest of the inchies!!

I put all the inchies in a atc sleeve and closed it up with tape before adding it to the envie. I hadn't thought of the fact they might get stuck. I had recieved inchies the same way without trouble so never thought about it.

Will keep my fingers crossed!!

complicious
03-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Guess who curled up into my postbox today? The kitties!! Thanks to Marlien, Carol, Ria, Bluebelle235, Robin, Roberta, Karen M, and Elena and to our hostess Craftyvox for the extra goodies as well!!

Elena
03-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Mine are here too :jiggy:

KarenM
03-08-2008, 07:07 PM
WE're having a snow storm, maybe tomorrow :)

craftyvox
03-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Yay!! :jiggy:

Good luck with the snowstorm Karen! If you are tired of snow, feel free to send some my way hehe. We haven't had proper snow in years now:(

And girls, you all have no idea how relieved I am to hear the kitties are arriving!! Is anything up with the envies when you got them, that might show us clues of why they are so delayed?

Elena
03-09-2008, 08:14 AM
No, mine was perfect. No rip off, no strange mark.

KatieV
03-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Mine came today!! Hooray!!! :jiggy: My envy had a little rip in it, but everything was inside. Thanks for the cool extras, Esther!

KatieV
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I left iTrader and rep points. Who is Roberta Gill? Is she a member here?

KarenM
03-12-2008, 06:43 PM
keep watching ria, I am too!!!

craftyvox
03-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I left iTrader and rep points. Who is Roberta Gill? Is she a member here?

She had signed up on the OS, but I haven't spotted her here yet :(

fantasy firebird
03-13-2008, 12:30 PM
still no kitties :(

KarenM
03-13-2008, 12:59 PM
MY Kittens found their way to OHIO !!!! Thanks for the swap and all the goodies, loved our personal postcard...coool.
Thanks to :Roberta Gill, Bluebelle235 (2), Ria, Robin, Carol Schmidt, craftyvox, KatieV, Marlien, Fantasy Firebird (3). off to give reps.

fantasy firebird
03-18-2008, 05:12 AM
I am kitty-less as well!! Mine have vanished going in both directions!!! Guess the powers that be just didn't want me to play with this swop!

craftyvox
03-19-2008, 07:47 PM
It seems that Monarch received hers as well! There's still hope!!

KatieV
03-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Hey you guys -- what happens to all this lost mail??? It can't just disappear. I'm NOT suggesting that these kitties are lost, but what about FF's first batch?? Where could they have gone??

craftyvox
03-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Hey you guys -- what happens to all this lost mail??? It can't just disappear. I'm NOT suggesting that these kitties are lost, but what about FF's first batch?? Where could they have gone??

Katie, I wish I knew. It sometimes happens that mail gets lost on the way to their destination.. sometimes they show up months later but sometimes they don't make it at all. I have had it happen once that my cards made it to the recieving end 8 months after I mailed it out. Also have happen that something got lost completely :( And for some reason this has happened to me more then once over the past 6 months.. I moved to the big city of Amsterdam so maybe they have more mail to work on.. but it IS kind of very much pissing me off at this point.

You all took such care creating those kitty inchies and albeit that I was quite late with swapping them out and mail them off due to personal issues, I also took care in packaging them nicely and mailing them off. I wish I knew what I could do to make the missing kitties reappear:( Please do know I feel terrible about this even though the mailing system is beyond me.

KarenM
03-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Ria, and Fantasy Firebird, I would love to make you each a few if you don't receive yours by the end of April...deal? Please let me know and I will send them out.
God Bless...and hugs to Craftyvox...life just throws us curves sometimes.

craftyvox
03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Karen, you beat me to it :) I was going to offer the same - making a few more, and swapping them out to those who haven't recieved anything yet together with the hosts inchies that were sent to me. Thats soo sweet of you to offer!!

fantasy firebird
03-22-2008, 01:05 PM
thank you for the lovely offer!! I have come to the conclusion that they are related to the Arisitocats and that the Butler did it LOL
I too have had various items go walkabout, but never going both to and from the people concerned!! If I had never swopped with CV I would certainly have a complex by now!! But I know how the postie throws a spanner in the works every so often. I have been sooo glad to see the returns from my swops arriving at their destinations, talk about nervous tension LOL

fantasy firebird
03-27-2008, 04:59 AM
TA DA!!!!!! in the distance you can hear the sound of a trumpet blowing a fanfare, people are coming out of their houses cheering, the flags are waving and a national holiday has been announced!!

Guess what!!!!

Well do ya all give in????

My kitty inchies have ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cards received from:
Elena
Roberta Gill
Katie Vlasov
craftyvox
Ria
Ariaya
Bluebelle
Robin
Karen M
Complicious
Carol Schmidt
and ME!!!

Thanks for this swop, I am sure you are glad to getting to the end of it!!

craftyvox
03-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Woot woot FF!!

So 8 envies have finally reached their destinations. Who all still did not get theirs?? Shall we give it a couple more weeks (since stuff seems to be arriving finally now?!) and otherwise I'll send you some new inchies?

KarenM
03-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Hip Hip Hooorayyy!!!!

craftyvox
03-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Whoohoo!! :jiggy: