PDA

View Full Version : 4x6 PAT: Artist’s Choice Handpainted Theme on 4 x 6 – Due Nov 2

Pages : [1] 2

nanner
08-23-2009, 09:37 PM
PAT: Artist’s Choice Handpainted Theme on 4 x 6

And we are FULL, just couldn't partake of one more delicious artist!

Swap Due Date – November 2
Signup/withdraw date – Sign-up until groups are full, NO withdrawals
Number of Pieces - 3 for 3
Number of participants – 20; (Five groups of 4)

Who doesn’t love custom, made-just-for-me art? This Pick-a-Theme (PAT) will give each player their very own choice of theme. And if you’re like nanner, you sometimes want to spice it up with some ATC-alternatives, so let’s explore the elusive 4 x 6 size together!

* Questions/compliments = see Nanner (Unlicensed Pilot, Nannerlicious Airlines).
Complaints/need more salted peanuts = see Jean (Official Swap Flight Attendant).

*You must have a positive itrader rating of +15 (and no negatives in the last 6 months) to join this swap.

*You must be open to some semi-challenging, semi-specific themes. Sign up in one or two groups only, please.

Nanner’s 10 Simple Rules to Swap Success:
1. Mostly hand-drawn/painted. The majority of the work should be hand-drawn or painted. A few mixed media elements or backgrounds are just fine.

2. 4 x 6 art (those are inches) A little work of art, treat is rightly so by using a nice watercolor/Bristol/acrylic paper/feel-all-professional-canvas. As the lovely Jean posted in her 4x6 swap…despite the dimension, this is NOT a postcard swap.

3. Quality in is quality out. The artists in your group are going to spend hours toiling over a work of art just for YOU. In kind, please do the same for them. I’m intentionally keeping the groups as small-tight-family so we can pour more into each piece.

4. This is ART, so please remember to sign your work. Include your siggy on each piece. Also let us know the name of the piece you created. (The naming of the art is one of my fave parts!)

5. Wrap each piece individually. Baggies/paper/bubblewrap; something in between. Go green with me: I will try to use your same mailing envelope with your returns when possible. Include a large return address label.

6. Postage: US participants please send * $2 bucks-ish in postage or well-concealed cash. International participants: $3 via PayPal would be appreciated if you have a PayPal account. If you don’t have a PayPal account, let me know and I’ll cover you. *Around what it takes to get the art to me. Close counts.

7. Are you still reading? Good, cuz this is the best rule: You make one card for each member in your group, and get 3 pieces of fabulous artwork made just for YOU in return! Can….you…..dig….it, Warriors?

8. Hostess gift is not required, but I sure do dig them. Extra loose postage is always welcomed.

9. Show and tell: please upload your art for everyone to ogle. That’s one of the best parts!

10. Have mercy and follow the basics of making art for trade (see the FAQ section on AFA (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3878)for more details): must be original art, everything is glued/affixed securely, and sent wrapped for protection. Also, art that is finished well looks better in an art collection, so please keep an attention to detail, edging, varnish, etc.

Special PAT Stuff - When you receive your returns, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) AND iTrader for each of your group mates! Also, no withdrawals are allowed. No-shows will get negative iTraders AND faeriegirl-style knuckle sammiches from their group-mates.

PM me for my address when the goods are ready to come visit me. (I’m in CA now, so be aware or beware as you see fit.)

Some fabulous examples of quality/detail/good-times. L to R: siren, edensrainbow, mupps...sheer delights.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3921/medium/1_ziggy_stardust--reduced.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3909/medium/1_faerie.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2524/medium/1_naunethel.jpg

(This color = arrived in nannerville)

Group One-derful
1. nanner (Ziggy Stardust)
2. themuppet (Something Tentacular, def: that with natural or unnatural tentacles!)
3. amyfaerie (Year-round blackbirds/crows/ravens OR skulls/skellies, not just Halloweenie)
4. Siren (Book People, def: people reading books, books reading people, people who are books, etc.)

Group Two-rrific
1. nanner (Ziggy Stardust)
2. EdensRainbow (Mermaid and Octopus: The Couple)
3. grrrdjules (Anthropomorphic Food, def: food "brought to life": steak, veggies, cupcakes, potatoes (I love talking taters) etc)
4. DADAology (Frida Kahlo--of her not her work)

Group Three-To-Be
1. Genxster (monochromatic nudes)
2. DADAology (Steampunk)
3. Janet (musicians)
4. messmaker (phrenology, def: the science of studying the head)

Group Four-Shore
1. rapa (Big Cats, as in snow leopards, cheetahs, tigers, lions etc.)
2. themuppet (illustrated text, def: illustrating a text passage, illustrating one word, whatevah)
3. Bright-Spark (chameleons)
4. OriginalYouth (Comic Superheroes, as previously discussed with The Snarkster)

Group Five-Alive
1. Jean (cozy cottages, inside or out. You know, that snug, safe, Ahhhhh feeling...)
2. novasmem (Little innocent kids at play, doing fun things--not naughty--no goats please)
3. JoyFlower (stylized colorful giraffes)
4. camcas (Mona madness, def: the lovely da Vinci lady with some kind of insane twist!)

OriginalYouth
08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
....lurking.....

themuppet
08-23-2009, 11:42 PM
whee!

I may be able to be persuaded to join two, but I'll decide later. My theme for group one will be "something tentacular" (as in, something with tentacles. It can be straight up natural tentacles, like a loverly octopus, or something that should never have been given tentacles.. like an evil baby genius. Your choice!)

amyfaerie
08-23-2009, 11:44 PM
hey, poopsicles . . . i'm thinking that my theme is gonna be two-fold, to give artists a little room to move. and, if someone asked me to paint them a raven, i'd sh*t myself.

SOOOO, how about blackbirds/crows/ravens OR skulls/skellies. however, i'd like to avoid strictly halloween colors . . . i want these to be out year-round. :)

is that okay, nanner? gimme a break--you know i'll punch you.

amyfaerie
08-23-2009, 11:44 PM
yay, mupps! i can TOTALLY DO THAT! and now i have an excuse to hone my tentacle-drawing skills! lol!

amyfaerie
08-23-2009, 11:46 PM
btw, nanner . . . would it be okay to use 4x6 canvas boards if i wanted? they're a little easier to use on my easel, and i like to feel all professional as often as possible. :)

themuppet
08-23-2009, 11:47 PM
hahahahahaha @ "feel all professional" I <3 you.

nanner
08-23-2009, 11:56 PM
would it be okay to use 4x6 canvas boards if i wanted?

To answer your quote with a quote: "i'd sh*t myself." :D

To answer as mupps: Doooooooo iiiiiiiittt! :jiggy:

amyfaerie
08-23-2009, 11:59 PM
hee hee hee . . . very cool!

EdensRainbow
08-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Mmmm, this PAT looks quite tasty. :D
My theme: Mermaid and Octopus.
I've got a couple of pieces posted here on this theme, and those whom I'm lucky enough to be a in a group with may take it however they wish. I just see them as the cutest couple under da sea. And Siren always sings "My boyfriend's back and you're gonna be in trouble, hey na, hey na, my boyfriend's back" whenever I doodle them. :D

And as always, Nanners is Nantastic!!!

DADAology
08-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Please add me to group 1 and 2. Let me think about the theme.
Annette

nanner
08-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Rainbowlina, that is the cutest theme of ALL TIME. Sigh...

Welcome Annette! Happy to have you.

Siren
08-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Mmmm...how can I resist when you put it like that? ;)

Theme: Book People
Take it how you will! People reading books, books reading people, people who are books, whatever strikes your fancy! :)

Genxster
08-24-2009, 12:41 AM
I'd better jump in here. I'll get back to you on a theme.

Dadreemer
08-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Lurking....Nanner's at it again with a real go getter.

DADAology
08-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Group 2 - Frida Kahlo (of her not her work)
Group - Steampunk

nanner
08-24-2009, 01:12 AM
To spare DADA from making a zillion Ziggys, I switched it up a bit. Welcome all you talented peeps!

Lurkers are encouraged to join, and always have prime seating in the Peanut Gallery! :D

Tellulah
08-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Oooooh...I'm tempted but I must lurk for now as I promised myself I'd finish current swaps AND layout my art classes for the entire year at school before I join new swaps, I've been slacking and it burns us precious.

amyfaerie
08-24-2009, 02:33 AM
lol . . . i have syllabi to prepare . . . don't remind me! :)

OriginalYouth
08-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Stalking group 3, I can't just jump into a group with TBD when there are so many crazy people in the house, I might end up drawing men in diapers with tentacles with skulls for heads who love david bowie or something. I have to wait on the themes.

Janet
08-24-2009, 09:30 AM
I would love to join please. Group 3 looks good!!

messmaker
08-24-2009, 09:33 AM
i pmed you, but i'll note here too -- i'm down for group 3 with my theme as "phrenology". and i mean the science of studying the head, not the album by The Roots.

amyfaerie
08-24-2009, 10:47 AM
not the album by The Roots.

LOL! too funny!

nanner
08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome Janet and messy-one! Fab theme, messy. What will your poison be, Janet?

Snarkster, first you snooze...then you....join Group 4! :D

rapa
08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
I'd like to join Group Four-Shore please. My theme is still TBD; I'll let you know soon.

nanner
08-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Welcome rapa! Great to have you.

themuppet
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
I'll join Rapa in group 4... My theme will be "illustrated text" .. That can be interpreted however, illustrating a text passage, illustrating one word, whatevah.

Bright-Spark
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
She who hesitates..........Hmmm:unsure:

Group 4 please with a theme of chameleons!

messmaker
08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
what's with all these TBDs going on? :twitcy:

amy - you always know what i'm talking about. :swoon:

OriginalYouth
08-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Group 4! no more snoozing! Theme is currently MIA and unknown.... Which just means I haven't decided but don't want to put TBA since it obviously has some sort of STIGMA attached. ?

I think I have a theme, I'm going to PM the other players in my group to see if they'll do it, lol. It's a bit complicated.

nanner
08-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Fabulous, welcome Lovelies.

amyfaerie
08-24-2009, 03:33 PM
i'm thinking about starting up Group Five . . . but i hate being first, Nanner.

Genxster
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd like my theme to be monochromatic nudes.

Jean
08-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, pooh. This is looking awfully fun....and I do like 4x6....*thinking hard*

Siena
08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Pondering, considering, lurking...

Jean
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I can't stand it. I keep telling myself No....you have another 4x6 flowerpot...and the othes swap...but heck, it's not till November. And it's Naaaaaaaaaaaanner.....

Sign me up, Grasshopper!

Theme TBD

EdensRainbow
08-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Everyone make sure to wash your hands frequently with all these TBDs going around...

nanner
08-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Yahooie! Problem solved, faerie-face...you're SECOND in group five (yes?!). The LOVELY JEAN is TBD 5.1. Welcome!

The contageous TBD strikes again. The only known cure is fabulous 4 x 6 original art, I hear.

EdensRainbow
08-24-2009, 07:55 PM
*blinks wide-eyed and raises a hand to her forehead*

But, nanner, wherever will we get that?

Siena
08-24-2009, 07:56 PM
The cure, or the TBD itself? If it's the latter you're after, there's a phone number in the girls' washroom that I hear is a sure thing...

themuppet
08-24-2009, 07:59 PM
NANNER I TOLD you to stop leaving my number everywhere.

And I've taken penicillin, so I'm TBD free.

Jean
08-24-2009, 08:04 PM
I dunno. Washing hands can only do so much - and I use antibacterial soap. This must be viral. I hear it's carried in paint droplets when we shake them after rinsing....

Janet
08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
TBD is painful!!! Make my theme 'musicians' please.

JoyFlower
08-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Oh dear! I just saw this...hope you can still toss me into a group somewhere! If so I want "stylized colorful giraffes"...

nanner
08-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Janet has been cured of her TBD!

And Pesto is on board, bringing her stylized colorful giraffes in two by two!

camcas
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
please can I have the last spot in group five alive nannerdarling ...with..."Mona madness"...as in the lovely da Vinci lady with some kind of insane twist!

OriginalYouth
08-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Ha ha, my theme says TnA!!!!!! buwhaahahahaaaa!

I think that's Katilady's theme....? right?

messmaker
08-25-2009, 09:49 AM
TBD's, bathroom numbers, and now butts and boobies! i haven't even had my coffee yet, peoples!

Jean
08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
T and A? I can think of lots of ways that could go, lol....;)

themuppet
08-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I think that's Katilady's theme....? right?

Ha! Yes!

ArtsyLady
08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Nanner is there still a spot available?

nanner
08-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Welcome, camcas. Love your theme.

Nova...will let you know one way or the other, need to see if amyfaerie is in Group Five Alive or not. Such mayhem in here!

nanner
08-25-2009, 07:18 PM
T and A? I can think of lots of ways that could go, lol....;)

Jean my dearest...the truth is, between OY and I...we unintentionally completed the T-n-A aspect of AFA09....YES, that t-n-a. Yikes. :unsure: Save yourself!

Jean
08-25-2009, 08:58 PM
*nudging neighbour* *whispering* Did she say TNT?! ;)

nanner
08-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Yes, fortunately/unfortunately...she did. :dull:

Welcome novasmem, you are in like Flynn! And that fills us up, folks

OriginalYouth
08-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Jean my dearest...the truth is, between OY and I...we unintentionally completed the T-n-A aspect of AFA09....YES, that t-n-a. Yikes. :unsure: Save yourself!

We totally did. Guess that makes us awesomely fun chicas.

Jean
08-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Completed the T-n-A...that means you were A..?? :)

This is gonna be one wild ride, I think.....:eek:

EdensRainbow
08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
*throws her arms into the air*

WHEEEEEEEEE!

Jean
08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Ok, my theme will be cozy cottages, inside or out. You know, that snug, safe, Ahhhhh feeling.....

nanner
08-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Great theme, lovely Jean.

In the aforementioned T-n-A situation, nanner was the A. (And the horse's A...ha!)

Hang on to your hats and glasses, this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Jean
08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
*hand to brow* Say it isn't so, Nanner!

OriginalYouth
08-26-2009, 02:16 PM
*hand to brow* Say it isn't so, Nanner!

It wasn't a full moon. She was taking a photo (of her face!) with someone else, but had on low cut jeans. I was snarky and took a picture of the wee top of her crack. I'm mean like that. I promised never to show it on the net though! It got deleted quickly.

My part in this rowdy pair came on Saturday night, when someone was passing the 'Bi#$%' wand to me, and I flashed them 1/2 a boob. Vintagepix actually got the shot of it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vintagepix/3651235402/in/set-72157620071036497/
That's Artedar handing it to me, with Crazycat in shock.

And that's the whole story.

Jean
08-26-2009, 02:27 PM
*soft tone sounds* *Bing, bing*
*wearing cocky hat, jean steps to front of cabin*

Welcome to Flight 0N0 on Nannerlicious Airways...If you’ll look in the pocket in the seat in front of you, you’ll find a card with dimensions for your 4x6 hand drawn or painted card. In the panel above you are buttons to adjust the light and a call button if you need fresh water to clean your paintbrushes. In the event of prisma breakdown, you will find sharpeners in the compartment overhead along with erasers and microns for detail work.

At this time, I’d like to direct your attention to the emergency exits, *gesturing with prismacolor pencil and paintbrush* Two in the rear of the compartment and two behind me. Please note that as this is a PAT express swap, there will be no exit points along our route and emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

In the event of an art-emergency, remember to place your point of interest above, below, or to one side of your paper’s center. This is a snack flight, so flight attendants will begin M&M and beverage service shortly.

The pilot has indicated we are cleared for takeoff. You will observe the Seatbelt sign is now lit. Please fasten your seatbelts and remain seated until the sign goes off. As per federal AFA regulations, this is a No Snarking flight and we will be touching down in November.

We know you have a choice of swaps and trades, and we thank you for choosing Nannerlicious Airways for your swapping pleasure. As we like to say, every flight is a trip and a half! ;)

Jean
08-26-2009, 02:30 PM
*drunk leans into aisle* Stewardess! Stewardess! Can you do something about these TBDs? *swigging from little bottle* And bring me another 4x6 blank!

JoyFlower
08-26-2009, 03:54 PM
You're a riot Jean! That was a perfect! Nanner must make you the official Swap Attendant to go with her piloting prowess. :)

rapa
08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm loving this flight!

I'm cured of my TBD and my theme will be on the big cats as in snow leopards, cheetahs, tigers, lions etc.

ArtsyLady
08-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah, so glad I came in standby...

nanner
08-26-2009, 06:35 PM
You're a riot Jean! Nanner must make you the official Swap Attendant :)

Excellent call, Pesto. Consider it done! Jean's hired, for free labor, of course!

Just keep the cockpit door closed, this way no one knows the inflatable pilot from "Airplane" is really manning the wheel of this multi-media aircraft (held together by mod podge and dreams!)

nanner
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
First posted edited with Jean's demotion...er...promotion.

And rapa's faboo theme. Welcome novas, stand-by to first-class just like that!

OriginalYouth
08-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Nannerstar, my theme is settled with my group, it's Comic Superheroes, and each of them is going to make a different one. (I'm going to fame them for my kid's room).

Anyone else wanting to do a private trade with me for the same theme, let me know! We'll work it out.

nanner
08-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Excellent theme, Electric Snarkarella. Let me know what superhero you want, and I'll do your private trade. :elvis:

OriginalYouth
08-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Excellent theme, Electric Snarkarella. Let me know what superhero you want, and I'll do your private trade. :elvis:

Superman, WonderWoman, Hulk, Spiderman, Capt'n America are all up for grabs.

nanner
08-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Well, no contest. I'll make you a Wonder Woman. You want a 4 x 6, yes?

OriginalYouth
08-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Well, no contest. I'll make you a Wonder Woman. You want a 4 x 6, yes?

Yes please, portrait (tall), and nothing naughty, it's for my boy's room. Keep the chic-chis to a reasonable level. :P

Whatchawantback?

DADAology
08-27-2009, 01:34 AM
Here's my first one.

themuppet
08-27-2009, 01:38 AM
You're so fast! :notworthy: AND SO AWESOME!

Bright-Spark
08-27-2009, 03:07 AM
I had beter get in fast or there won't be any superheros left! :shocked:

I will try my hand at Spiderman!

JoyFlower
08-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Nice work DADAology - and that avatar and tagline are soooo funny!

OriginalYouth
08-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I had beter get in fast or there won't be any superheros left! :shocked:

I will try my hand at Spiderman!

Awesome, thanks! And B-S (ha ha) you asked about personalizing these for my kiddo; dont' worry about that. If he grows out of the theme, J (hubby) will probably hang them in his classroom.

I really like any of these sort of style for these (character based): Putting the heroes name on it is cool too.
Catwoman? (http://ilike-pirates.deviantart.com/art/Batman-Returns-32396251)
SilverSurfer (http://www.comicspace.com/theartslave/comics.php?action=read&file_id=288411&bl_type=3&bl_from=%2Ftaglist.php%3Ftype%3Dcomic%26tag%3Dfan+ art)
Wolverine (http://www.comicspace.com/theartslave/comics.php?action=read&file_id=288404&bl_type=3&bl_from=%2Ftaglist.php%3Ftype%3Dcomic%26tag%3Dfan+ art)
Dr. Fate (http://www.comicspace.com/john_ashton_golden/comics.php?action=read&file_id=296195&bl_type=3&bl_from=%2Ftaglist.php%3Ftype%3Dcomic%26tag%3Dfan+ art)
Aquaman (http://www.comicspace.com/john_ashton_golden/comics.php?action=read&file_id=170639&bl_type=3&bl_from=%2Ftaglist.php%3Ftype%3Dcomic%26tag%3Dfan+ art)
Rogue (http://www.comicspace.com/john_ashton_golden/comics.php?action=read&file_id=273116&bl_type=3&bl_from=%2Ftaglist.php%3Ftype%3Dcomic%26tag%3Dfan+ art)

So, basically, standard style, in true comic or portrait style. As long as it's recognizable and in full color, I'm fine with it!

Bright-Spark
08-27-2009, 10:21 AM
I really like any of these sort of style for these (character based)

Hah! So the truth is out! These ain't really for your son. They're for you!:shocked:

themuppet
08-27-2009, 11:03 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmwolverinemmm *drools a little*

Genxster
08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Dadology: Great Ziggy portrait. Well-captured!

OriginalYouth
08-27-2009, 06:53 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmwolverinemmm *drools a little*

great depiction isn't it?

Hah! So the truth is out! These ain't really for your son. They're for you!:shocked:

Well, he's 3, so all he can do is tell you their names. Right now he's into Super Mario (I've been using our old SNES system as a 1 hour babysitter each day to buy me some art time!!!!) so all he talks about is how 'he bopped the tuwtle and fell down, and he got weally big and then weally small, and then the mushwoom came, and then dat guy ate him'.

They'll end up being for hubby when he outgrows it. In 13 years when my daughter goes to college, we'll turn her room into the guestroom. 1/2 will be comics stuff (for hubby), and 1/2 will be for PEZ dispensers (my addiction).

DADAology
08-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Thank guys...appreciate the comments.

nanner
08-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Annette...Ziggy is so fabulous, just FABULOUS! Wow, what a great piece to start us off!

rapa
08-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Wow, Ziggy is awesome Dadaology!

EdensRainbow
08-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Oi, nanner! Whatcha think?

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3909/large/1_ziggy.jpg

Jean
08-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Whoa - fab art, y'all!

nanner
08-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Yowza! Spectacular! Thank you girlfreeeeend, I LOVE it! :jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy:

themuppet
08-30-2009, 12:52 PM
*licks the ziggy painting* HA! IT'S MINE NOW!!

nanner
08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Yay! mupps' DNA on MY Ziggy, off to my mad scientist lab to clone...:D

themuppet
08-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Well crap, that plan backfired dramatically. :cute:

I'm sure you have my DNA on that stained glass thingamabob.. blood, even! Damn glass. I'm surprised there isn't an army of muppet clones popping up after that extravaganza.

nanner
08-31-2009, 03:00 AM
I refuse to discuss my mupps' clone army. They are my special babies! :wubclub:

Bright-Spark
08-31-2009, 03:05 AM
I refuse to discuss my mupps' clone army. They are my special babies! :wubclub:

BUT, you could always post a pic????:eek:

nanner
08-31-2009, 03:10 AM
I'm still gonna show up on your doorstep one of these days...I'll show you in person, Sparks! ;)

amyfaerie
09-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Here's my first one.

DADA, this is fabulous, and it even features Sir David's little gremlin teef. I love it.

amyfaerie
09-01-2009, 02:07 AM
now look at what the rest of us have to live up to when it comes to ziggy portraits. sigh.
:unsure:

themuppet
09-01-2009, 02:32 AM
I know!! Unfair.

nanner
09-01-2009, 03:10 PM
It is unfair. So far all the spoils are for your selfish shellfish hostess. :unsure:

Siren
09-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Mmmm...shellfish. Yum.

*Wanders off to art-ificate*

grrrdjules
09-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Oh me oh my... I can't portrait... experiencing major panic here. Shit, I can't withdraw can I? Crap.

Siren
09-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Your little people are unbearably adorable--how about caricatures in that style? Ziggy and Frida have lots of distinct traits you could utilize and I, for one, would love to see them in your style!

You can do it! Ra Ra Ra! Except, I'm not doing any of the twirly, jumpy, dance-y things that cheerleaders do...I'd probably put out an eye. ;)

themuppet
09-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Mmmhmm!! What Siren said! I'm sure Nanner-bananer would love a Jules-style ziggy!

camcas
09-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Jules-your cards are adorable...DO NOT PANIC...DO NOT PRESS THE RED BUTTON....breathe....breathe...breathe...you can do it:eek:look into my hypno eyes.:eek: you can do it...!!!!!!!

camcas
09-04-2009, 02:36 AM
come on novasmen...choose choose choose choose:eek:

EdensRainbow
09-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Different is not bad! Do not fear Jules! And trust in the fact that everyone loves your artwork. Trust in you! And the Force. ;)

Also, here's my card, er not card, for DADAology. One more to go! Which, amusingly enough Jules, is the one I'm struggling with. Food? That's what I eat, not draw. lol. But I will overcome! We'll overcome together. :D

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3909/small/1_Frida.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3909/1_Frida.jpg)

ArtsyLady
09-04-2009, 06:58 AM
My TBD.....How about Little(innocent) Kids at play.....doing fun things not naughty..oh yeah, no goats please....

Jean
09-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Kiddies at play....ok!

messmaker
09-04-2009, 12:45 PM
ER - that frida is awesome! i like the comic book look of it.

EdensRainbow
09-04-2009, 12:53 PM
lol, that's me. I'll comic bookify anything. ;)

Jean
09-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Ooh, like the Frida! I am still blah on her art but I sure admire the woman.

Jean
09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Here is a crazy Mona for Camcas...Hope she's ok...it felt insane to me, lol.

grrrdjules
09-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Good one Jean!

nanner
09-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh me oh my... I can't portrait... experiencing major panic here. Shit, I can't withdraw can I? Crap.

Thing 1: No one said anything about portraits. Jules-style is encouraged!

Thing 2: You are correct, withdrawing is a no-no and gives you a free ticket to the faerie-head Knuckle Sammich Buffet.

Thing 3: Your art ROCKS OUR SOCKS. Do YOUR thing, and we'll be pleased as punch. You are awesomesauce, Jules. :D:D

nanner
09-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Frida and Mona Pizza are delicious, lovely arteeests! Great work, people. :wubclub:

grrrdjules
09-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Thing 1: No one said anything about portraits. Jules-style is encouraged!

Thing 2: You are correct, withdrawing is a no-no and gives you a free ticket to the faerie-head Knuckle Sammich Buffet.

Thing 3: Your art ROCKS OUR SOCKS. Do YOUR thing, and we'll be pleased as punch. You are awesomesauce, Jules. :D:D

Thanks honey-poo, babycakes, chickiewichiegoodness... a momentary state of panic occurs whenever I have to make something that is recognizable! And thank you to every one else for their words of encouragement... I feel a group hug. No really, I do.

EdensRainbow
09-05-2009, 12:53 AM
*hug!*

camcas
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
((((((((hugs)))))) for Jules
jean-I loves me some crazy Mona pizza-come to mamma!!!!
nova- I nearly sprayed my screen with coffee when I read"no goats please" -had all sorts of images in my head of little children and goats..... and then it dawned on me...D'OH..
my brain really has gone awol!!!!
off now to get drawing me some goats ..er ..kids...er little children!!!!

themuppet
09-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Jean, that Mona is one fiiiiiiiiiiiiine a-pizza pie! (I obviously didn't get enough sleep last night)

nanner
09-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Jean, that Mona...she's a-tasty! (I have no sleep deprivation excuse, I just wanted to try on the Italian accent.)

Jean
09-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks - I stressed over this one. Wasn't sure how much Mona to keep in transitioning her to a pizza parlour...and she came out younger, seems like. Teen Mona? *s* So relieved that you think she'll do, camcas!

My wonderful giraffe idea is...well...I won't say dead in the water...but maybe going down for the second time. I'm letting it sit for a bit.

I'm working on my kids playing. Right now they look like Jedi kids...you can see the force field around them. I live in hope though.

EdensRainbow
09-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Wasn't sure how much Mona to keep in transitioning her to a pizza parlour...and she came out younger, seems like. Teen Mona?

She must have had a summer job between sittings with da Vinci. ;)

camcas
09-07-2009, 03:14 AM
well here are mine-and I stressed over these too-I think collage is really my thing...
meet goldenhoof..footy boys..and my comfy red wingback chair!

camcas
09-07-2009, 04:05 AM
please dont throw me off the plane nanner... i just checked for the mailing info and discovered ...gasp...that these were supposed to be handPAINTED....aaarrgggggghhhhh-mine are marker, krylon,and coloured pencil...please say its ok..please ..please... I dont want a stopover in the middle of the pacific....[i get really seasick!!]

ArtsyLady
09-07-2009, 08:22 AM
I'de be very happy with my HD redition of children at play....loverly cam

Nanner's #1 rule

1. Mostly hand-drawn/painted. The majority of the work should be hand-drawn or painted. A few mixed media elements or backgrounds are just fine.

Jean
09-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Mona is prismas, though the sinking giraffe and kidlets are watercolour.

JoyFlower
09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh, camcas those are great! I love goldenhoof!!! :jiggy:

Sinking giraffe?? I hope he is able to keep his head above water. :eek: I'm sure you'll do a great job!!

themuppet
09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I always assume "hand painted" means done by hand, whether you use paint, pencils, ink, crayons, or espresso.

JoyFlower
09-07-2009, 01:15 PM
mmmm....espresso...

Jean
09-07-2009, 02:14 PM
camcas - did you investigate me???? The cat, the cocoa+Baileys, the sentiment on the wall, the red wingback....all pure me!! I can't wait to get it!

nanner
09-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Camcas, those are perfection! :wubclub:

Mupps said it best: "hand painted" means done by hand, whether you use paint, pencils, ink, crayons, or espresso.

Nova's got it, too...I just was didn't write handpainted/handdrawn/handydandy a gob of times. You done good!

camcas
09-07-2009, 08:13 PM
thank you all- feel better now-am very insecure about the whole handdrawn thing!
jean- i copied my own red wingback chair and hot black tea..only diff is my cat is black but couldnt work out how to make the features stand out if it was all black[seeing as I'm not a witch!!!]
..so perhaps we live in the same house...!

DADAology
09-08-2009, 01:23 PM
WOW I just saw my Frida E Rainb - it is perfect. YEA!

EdensRainbow
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Glad you like her. :cute:

Jean
09-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Ok...girls flying kites for novasmem...hope you like it!

Giraffe for joyflower...not sure if this is the one though. It didn't come out quite as planned...may have to try again....such as it is, it's brighter than the scan indicates and the snowflakes are actually white, not blue as they seem.

ArtsyLady
09-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Lovely Jean...such a carefree moment

nanner
09-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Jean, they are exceptional! :wubclub:

rapa
09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I've finished two so far with "Silver Surfer" for OY and "Chameleon" for Bright Spark. Here's a peek -

nanner
09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
EXCELLENT, rapa! We are gonna have some happy arteests on our hands.

amyfaerie
09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
they are fab, rapa . . .

nanner, i am having a f*ck of a time with old ziggy. he keeps looking like a zombie in a mullet. if you get a zombie in a mullet on a 4x6, it's supposed to be bowie.

:) i have mine drawn up for mupps and siren, too . . . but they're looking better.

Jean
09-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Oh, rapa, those are fabulous! I am really dissatisfied with the scans of the two I did...I may try scanning again.

Nanner...I wanted to do a ziggy for hostess gift...and I've spent all day and he just ain't coming out like Ziggy. I will press on, but oh, dear, he really loolks as though...well, he really does look like a cadaver.

amyfaerie
09-10-2009, 06:09 PM
LMAO, Jean! :jiggy:

Jean
09-10-2009, 07:25 PM
:skeptical: Well may you laugh - yours looks like a zombie in a mullet! *g* J/K, but gosh, it's hard to draw that man! I may resort to collaging computer images of him on the reverse, just so she'll know who it's intended to be! *blush* The shame of it.

nanner
09-10-2009, 08:07 PM
You lovelies are GEMS! Just having you try to Ziggy for me is a gift in itself. Truly! Zombie/cadaver Ziggys would sure be timely for Halloween. :idea: :wubclub: ;)

grrrdjules
09-10-2009, 08:37 PM
You two stole my idea - I was going to do a skeleton in a Ziggy wig. My older sister dressed my brother up as Ziggy for Halloween the year the album came out. She was a right stoner actually. Anyway I'm looking through old photos at my mum's to see if I can find a pic of him as Ziggy. It would be hilarious.

BTW, did you hear Bowie had a spider named after him recently?

nanner
09-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Jules...what do I love more...your Bowie/spider factoid, or the reason you edited your post? Let me count the ways how I adore thee! :biglaugh:

EdensRainbow
09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Heh....mullet zombie...

grrrdjules
09-10-2009, 09:53 PM
nanner, you are a nutter. Here's the spider link http://www.popsci.com/environment/article/2009-09/scientists-discover-giant-rat-ziggy-stardust-esque-spider

JoyFlower
09-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Ok...girls flying kites for novasmem...hope you like it!

Giraffe for joyflower...not sure if this is the one though. It didn't come out quite as planned...may have to try again....such as it is, it's brighter than the scan indicates and the snowflakes are actually white, not blue as they seem.

Those are great, Jean! I don't have any Christmas giraffes - what a fun idea!!

JoyFlower
09-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Great work rapa!!

..and the Ziggy talk is making me laugh...remind me NOT to try to draw him. :)

amyfaerie
09-11-2009, 04:28 PM
i am so going for the zombie, then. LOL.

here is siren's bookish woman, and the tentacle hairdo i did for themuppet. i hope you all like them!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/medium/1_bookish_woman_for_siren.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/medium/1_tentacle_hairdo_for_mupps.jpg

Siren
09-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Ooo, she's wonderful! *yay!*

themuppet
09-11-2009, 04:36 PM
ooOooOOOoo those tentacles are spanktacular!!! :notworthy:

amyfaerie
09-11-2009, 04:38 PM
i'm glad you two like them! :) the tentacles had me nervous, but i do think they came out well.

nanner
09-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Excellence, faeriefeet! :shocked:

Jean
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Wow, super cards, Amy!

Jean
09-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Ok...cadaver ziggy. His right side is there, just doesn't show much in darkness...sigh. I really tried. I was looking right at a pic when I drew it but it looks like some anonymous cadaver with orange hair. If you didn't know it was Ziggy, you'd never know it was Ziggy, maybe just some...fellow waiting to be picked up. So Nanner, can I interest you in some canceled stamps for a hostess gift?

rapa
09-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Wow, amyfairie - those are some awesome cards, especially the one with tentacle hair! That Ziggy portrait is also great!

themuppet
09-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh Jean! I think you're being too hard on yourself. I think it's awesome!!! If you're worried about it looking more ziggy-esque, add the makeup. ;)

amyfaerie
09-11-2009, 06:22 PM
i agree . . . your ziggy is fab, and nanner's gonna love him!

rapa, thank you! :)

nanner
09-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Jean...I want THAT CARD. Please. He's like Bowie's brother. His FINE LOOKIN' brother! ;)

Jean
09-11-2009, 07:53 PM
LOL Maybe Squiggy Stardust? LOLOLOL

nanner
09-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Squiggy Stardust it is! Laverne and Shirley give it two Boo Boo kitties! :jiggy:

amyfaerie
09-12-2009, 12:06 AM
nanner, you are a fool. but in the best way. :wub: i'm outlining a rather disturbingly hungry-for-brains-looking ziggy right now, btw . . .

nanner
09-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Squiggy Stardust and Zombie Stardust will become fast friends, I'm sure. ;)

amyfaerie
09-12-2009, 04:04 PM
well, i have spent SO much time on this, trying to make it look more like bowie, drawing and starting other versions i've then torn up . . . here is zombie stardust.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/large/1_zombie_stardust.jpg

Jean
09-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I am so calling you out for your alleged zombie ziggy, amyfaerie. That Ziggy no more looks like a zombie than I do! Ok, bad comparison but I didn't sleep l well last night. Anyway you get the idea. Poor Squiggy Stardust will be all alone, like a big ol' cheese, smelling rancid and being a wallflower while your Ziggy dances the night away and sips champagne from women's shoes. Not my shoe, of course, since it would hold far too much champagne for healthy consumption, but again,you get the idea.

Nice job, doggone it.

Nanner, I am adding a Squiggy Stardust on reverse of your cadaver Ziggy.

amyfaerie
09-12-2009, 04:10 PM
lmao, jean! he's gray like dead meat, for cripe's sake! :laugh:

i think my ziggy is almost ready to bite me with his scary zombie teeth, so i have to go!

themuppet
09-12-2009, 04:13 PM
ooOoOoOOo he's awesome, Amy! Totally. Like tubular.

Er. DOWN INNER VALLEY GIRL! DOWN! *waves a chair and bullwhip around*

Okay. As I was saying. Outstanding.

amyfaerie
09-12-2009, 05:23 PM
on the other hand . . . mmmmm....cheese.

nanner, these will be out in the mail at the start of the week. :)

Jean
09-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Grey I'll give you, but zombies should look so good. LOL

nanner
09-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the update AND the right proper zombie ziggy, faerie! I DIG him!

Squiggy Stardust = a big ol' cheese (now THAT is funny!)

Bright-Spark
09-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Holding my hand up tentatively "Pleeze Mzzz Mupps, can we do any text?"

I'm thinking of doing something in Gaelic, but I'll give you the translation.:D

themuppet
09-13-2009, 05:49 PM
oh abso-friggin-lutely!!

messmaker
09-14-2009, 09:37 AM
i worked on genxster's monochromatic nude last night. my scanner washed out a lot of the colors. it's more green and aquas in person.

OriginalYouth
09-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm gonna work on these today! Wooooooooooooooooooooot.

OriginalYouth
09-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I just scrolled back to page 3 to see all the pretty thread pic updates, everyone is rockin' this swap out! I'm excited!

Siren
09-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Messmaker, that's beautiful!

Jean
09-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Lovely, messmaker!

nanner
09-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Messy, she is fantastic! Hubba Bubba!

amyfaerie
09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
messy, i just LOVE her! :)

nanner, mine went into the mail this morning!

nanner
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the update faeriebones!

Camcas' delights are in the house!

Janet
09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
group 3 Nude, my first ever nude. Boy I saw some things online whilst I was researching this!!!:eek:

Jean
09-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Janet, that's beautiful. LOL, though! I bet you DID find some interesting sites while researching. Hope your spyware/virus protection is up to date or you'll be getting interesting spam...lol

Janet
09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
No kidding!!!! I added some shortcuts hahahaha!!!

DADAology
09-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Rapa
those are "wow" love them both

nanner
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
NICE Nude, Janet! Your research paid off...may it give you pleasant dreams. ;)

Faeriegirl's stunners are here! Beautifully packaged, I might add. Siren and mupps, wait til you see how flippin cute she packed them. Thanks for the extra postage too, m'dear!

EdensRainbow
09-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Uh-oh, looks like the bar was just raised. ;)

JoyFlower
09-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Here's my first one for this swap...Cozy Cottage for Jean.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2477/3934966316_571c17d319.jpg

Jean
09-19-2009, 02:36 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *happy dance* I love it! Thanks, JoyFlower! I can't wait to get it in my grubby paws....*remembering artsy drool disasters* *adding 'sneeze guards' to shopping list*

Siren
09-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Sweet! I wanna live in a cozy cottage! ;)

JoyFlower
09-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Lol, couldn't ask for a nicer reaction than that! You just completely made my day dearest Jean! :laugh: I'm so pleased you like it!

JoyFlower
09-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Sweet! I wanna live in a cozy cottage! ;)

Me too...I've always wanted a little stone house with ivy creeping up the wall and a little garden...someday!!

nanner
09-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Pesto, your cozy cottage is beautiful! Great work! Jean's card may arrive with a couple residents in it...I'm SO moving in there.

JoyFlower
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Here's another....girl at play for novasmem...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/383/medium/1_w.girl_at_play_for_novasmem.jpg

ArtsyLady
09-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Lovely JoyFlower

rapa
09-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Wow Joyflower, both are beautiful!

Jean
09-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Just lovely! Boy, I used to love swinging.

nanner
09-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Purdy Purdy, Pesto!

Um...Jean used to love swinging. Hop on, I'll give you an underdog!

ArtsyLady
09-20-2009, 02:32 PM
We use to call them an underDUCK....different animal, same concept

Jean
09-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Underdogs or ducks...they sound dangerous to me! LOL

Bright-Spark
09-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Just lovely! Boy, I used to love swinging.

Hmmm, how do I say this? swinging has a different meaning over here. I never had you down as a swinger, Jean! ;)

Jean
09-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Hmm. It has that meaning here, too...that puts a real twist on 'innocent fun' doesn't it!!! ;)

themuppet
09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I was going to say that I still like to swing, actually broke a swing just a couple of months ago, flew off and felt like I broke my arm. But now that I'm allowing the dirty mind to come in, man... ;)

Bright-Spark
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Sorry Ladies, slap me! Gutter level mind is all I can say...........

Jean
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Swinging .... and underdog... wait - Underdog (http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/underdog_cartoon.gif)??? :swoon: Guess it'd have to be a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long time since you were swinging last....maybe??

rapa
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm ready to mail my 4x6 cards. Here's the final two - illustrative text for Themuppet and Ziggy as hostess gift for Nuttynanner.

Jean
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Those are beautiful, rapa! Having tried Ziggy, I take my hat off to you for your fab depiction. Kudos!

nanner
09-21-2009, 04:54 PM
WOW, rapa. Sensational! Wow! What a fabulous gift (my first rapa art!) *Underdog for you, too!

*Underdog is where you are pushing someone on a swing, and you push and run under them in one swift forward motion. You give 'em an underdog. Like novasmem-style child play. FUN! Just keep mupps away from your swing...geesh!

EdensRainbow
09-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Beauteous work!

(muppet can come play on my swing ;))

JoyFlower
09-21-2009, 07:44 PM
What wonderful art rapa!! :)

dina54
09-22-2009, 01:21 AM
How the Hell did I miss this? Oh well:huh:......

DADAology
09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
wow great job!

nanner
09-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Rapa's gorgeous pieces arrived today! Thank you for the Ziggy, I'm thrilled to have him!

Such splendid work, peeps. I think you will all be pleased as punch with this art!

nanner
09-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Frida for Dada!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_frida_dada.jpg

JoyFlower
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
What a fabulous frida she is, nannerdoll!!

messmaker
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
i love that green monkey!!!

rapa
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Wonderful Frida and huggy monkey!

DADAology
09-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Yea! love my Frida, nanner. Can't wait to see them.

nanner
09-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks, Lovelies. I'm especially pleased DADA likes her Frida and friend (what's not to love about a sweet green monkey?)

OriginalYouth
09-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I haven't forgotten about this swap, I only have 2 swap obligations for the fall and I won't let you guys down. I just keep forgetting to get india ink when I'm out, and I can't look at the DickBlick website or step into a formal craft store without dropping $50-$100, so I'm at a standstill. I'll hit up an office store soon!

DADAology
09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Boy can I relate to that! I should be considered part owners in half a dozen art stores.....!!

nanner
09-29-2009, 07:11 PM
And the 40% off Michael's coupons still spell danger. I hear you.

Here's a fun foodie for Jules: Tomato Moses Parts the Red Wine Vinegarette Sea

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_tomato_moses.jpg

camcas
09-30-2009, 05:27 AM
oh Nanner... I wish that card was mine...LOL!!! too funny!!!

themuppet
09-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh nanner it's so awesome!!!

messmaker
09-30-2009, 09:16 AM
hahahahaaaaa!!! that card is hysterical! i love his beard!

JoyFlower
09-30-2009, 10:25 AM
What a delightful imagination you have Nan!! :wubclub:

Jean
09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Lolol, nanner! I love that his little 'mater eyes are looking up to ... couldn't be heaven... maybe salad tongs?

nanner
09-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks, lovelies. I tried to channel some Jules' cleverness.

Tomato Moses cracked me up. Just don't call him a vegetable, he gets upset.

grrrdjules
10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Nanner it is AWESOMENESS!!!!! I love the lettuce crowd behind him!

And here is your card:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_Ziggy.jpg

Siren
10-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Even I want a Ziggy doll! He's so squishably cute!

nanner
10-01-2009, 09:01 PM
OH JULES! OH JULES! What to say for something that has literally left me speechless with fabulosity!!! THANK YOU! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

grrrdjules
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I'm so glad you like him! And your tomato is even more hilarious because I currently have the last gasp of the garden - about 60 assorted tomato varieties all hanging out in my kitchen. I wish one of them would go all Moses on their arses and lead them away. Preferrably into a nice sauce suitable for freezing ;)

Bright-Spark
10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Some really great art showing up!

I'm following OY's lead. I still haven't started, and I don't have the excuse that I need to pick up india ink. I just need to sit down and do some fun art for a change.....

OriginalYouth
10-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm going to have to send hubby for it, I can't go in w/o being tempted by clearance deals and $1 bins! They didnt' have it at super Wal-Mart.

nanner
10-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Safe and wise decision. Less fun...but much safer. Know your limitations. ;)

OriginalYouth
10-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Safe and wise decision. Less fun...but much safer. Know your limitations. ;)

Yeah, there is danger there too, they sell art supplies also. I need some blinders like they use for horses!

Janet
10-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm struggling with the 'steampunk' theme for Dadaology. There seems to be many interpretations of this and I need help !!!

Genxster
10-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm in the same boat with you Janet. I'm really struggling with this one as well.

nanner
10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
This dilemma calls for us to consult the lovely folks at wikipedia.com: Steampunk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk).

Steam power meets science fiction, but the key is YOUR interpretation of this style. How does this look when YOU try it on for size as an artist? :wubclub:

To see fellow AFA artists' interpretations of this theme, put "steampunk" in the search of the gallery...you'll get 7 pages of results to review (lots of gears, goggles and fun.) Hope this helps you lovelies. I'm sure you'll turn be steampunks soon enough...

Genxster
10-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I was asking a friend of mine and she said: "Think Jules Verne, and make sure everyone wears goggles!" :huh::twitcy:

I'm sure I'll be able to whip something up.

themuppet
10-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, think Industrial Revolution meets the Jetsons. If you've seen that crappy Wil Smith movie "Wild Wild West", it's full of steampunky goodness. Key elements are usually rusty metals, leather and brass, fanciful inventions, gears and steam pipes, keys/locks, goggles, straps, and chains.

Genxster
10-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks Sarah, I'll check that out.

Siren
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Japan's also got a unique answer to steampunk and Hayao Miyazaki (the director) exemplifies it well--check out his airships and locales in "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Castle in the Sky"

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/5/2561-laputa_large.jpg

http://grainsfrommybrain.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/howls.jpg

http://files.myopera.com/opera%20kanta/blog/thick%20wings%20Howl.JPG

Janet
10-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Geeesh, I feel really intimidated by all those images. Wayyyyyy out of my league!!!

Siren
10-08-2009, 07:08 PM
...sooo not what I wanted to do!

I was just thinking that the zeppelin-based warships and coal-powered, mechanical house are in keeping with steampunk--forget all the insane details, he's got a whole hoard of minions to do his dark bidding! ;)

nanner
10-08-2009, 07:38 PM
And again, this is to be YOUR interpretation of the steampunk style, Janet. I've seen your gallery...beautiful work...you're gonna knock this one out of the park. :D

I want a ride in that freaky zeppelin, Siren baybee. After I get my tetanus shots in order...

Janet
10-09-2009, 07:20 AM
I guess that's me told then :D

Genxster
10-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Finished my card for messmaker last night. Two more to go:

JoyFlower
10-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Excellent work Mellanie!