PDA

View Full Version : Another All-Types-of-Art a-thon!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Gina-B
09-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Finally got all my cards out this morning folks! - I have to to save petrol - I don't drive, and live in the middle of nowhere (a bit dumb I know) so always try to have everything that needs doing done on the same day...

KESagers
09-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Most of mine are in the mail today. The rest will be mailed no later than Saturday.

theweavershand
09-03-2009, 04:43 PM
wow...i already recieved cards from Ducky and cairnlae! you guys are totally on the ball! Thanks for the beautiful cards and for the fun trades!

complicious
09-03-2009, 05:54 PM
My cards, inchies, twinchies went postal this morning!

sniisk
09-04-2009, 01:29 AM
I got the cards from Joss :).

Just Ducky
09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
yep got a few returns last couple days...
but wanting to give a heads up....

one of my sent cards... the envelope arrived with side and bottom split open...
and I received one card in a post office envelope and the top and bottom was open...
I know that some of these cheaper thank you cards I have been buying the envelopes
look and feel a bit to thin.... they just aren't holding up....
so please if you get bad envelopes from traders let them know... I have gone through my stack and getting rid of many envelopes.... not worth taking chance on missing cards..
and since the cards I just mailed this week are all from the same batch, please let me know if my envelopes are bad... OR... you don't get my card..:(

KESagers
09-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up Ducky!

cairnlae
09-04-2009, 03:34 PM
the envelope she received was from me-I hand made some envelopes from old book pages and didn't secure them well enough, I guess, around the edges where I folded them.So anyone else I traded with-if you dont get my card(s) by early next week let me know...we'll work something out. Added note: Im especially worried about the overseas ones....*bites nails to the quick*

KESagers
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow - got my first group of cards today. That was fast!

Ibus
09-06-2009, 05:30 PM
yep got a few returns last couple days...
but wanting to give a heads up....

one of my sent cards... the envelope arrived with side and bottom split open...
and I received one card in a post office envelope and the top and bottom was open...
(
I've received empty envelopes and it's not funny! This is why, while I know people hate tape, I always wrap my envies in tape across the envelope and over, essentially so if the paper disintegrates for whatever reason, there is not a big enough gap for the ATCs to fall out.

Just Ducky
09-06-2009, 09:21 PM
yep Ibus.... you sure are right.... guess I will be doing more tapeing...
have heard from 3 people so far of split open envelopes... and thats just from 5 so far that have gotten my cards... I sure got hold of some bad envelopes...

MORe taPE....

HHC
09-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I tape mine when it's a thinner envie, however haven't been as diligent lately. I will be more careful, 'cuz it's a bummer when your art doesn't make it to the destination... or the beautiful art you traded for is lost in transit.

Ibus
09-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I had a fabulous mail day today! Cards from Boatbird and Sniisk. :jiggy:

sniisk
09-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I got so many envelopes today!

Ibus
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
I got lots of envelopes that totally made up for no post on Saturday, but only two were from this tartathon!

Linda4atc
09-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Ducky I forgot to mention in the pm you sent me. The envelope was not damaged when it arrived here.

But I too had a batch of envies/notecards that tore open on the folds some time back. I try to remeber to tape on the edges. Also on the front and back if there is any bulk to the card, since I have recieved envelopes that tore open when it snagged in a machine.

KESagers
09-07-2009, 05:01 PM
grammyquilter2

- Your art-a-thon ATC is ready to be mailed but I realized that I don't have your addy and when I tried to PM you I was told that your message box is full. If you could PM me your addy I'll get our trade right out in the mail. Thanks!

theweavershand
09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
sorry that i havent gotten mine out in the mail yet. i just started a new job last week and its really kicked my butt! i finally have the day off tomorrow and hope to get them all in the mail to you then.

jaw
09-08-2009, 03:22 AM
Congrats on the new job!

sniisk
09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I don't know why people are always so sorry if they mail the cards for example 8 days after a-thon. I thought it was said we need to mail them in two weeks. It means, you don't need to be sorry and you are not in a hurry to mail them yet :). The reason why I mail the cards so fast is that if they are here they are on my only table and I can't do anything...

cairnlae
09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
oh, well I never saw the "two weeks" policy...:unsure: anyways, this time I'm not so worried about that as I am about the stability of my envelopes*still biting nails*...

theweavershand
09-08-2009, 11:15 PM
im just usually a lot quicker with my returns so this just feels wrong when i have so many lovelies arriving and mine still havent gone out. i did get all the US ones mailed today and will get the internationals to the post office before i go to work tomorrow.

Ibus
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I received cards from Chardonnay, HHC, GinaB, KESagers and Jaw today. Of all of those, only Jaws were showing signs of wear with some fraying and splitting at the bottom.

jaw
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
splitting! aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! My cards will be uber taped from now on!!!

Ibus
09-09-2009, 12:15 PM
It's a nightmare Jaw, but I would rather have people moaning about tape than about getting an empty envelope! :swoon:

KESagers
09-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that so far all envelopes have arrived in great condition. Also here is a solution to the splitting envelope problem- TYVEK! It's that material that is virtually indestructable - even in the mail. Envelopes are available in both bussiness size and 6x9 which in USA means standard postage (as long as it is an ounce or less.) Here is the link:
http://www.buyonlinenow.com/viewProduct.asp?SKU=WEVCO848&tk=2489704
Unfortunately this company doesn't ship international but if you do an online search in your country you might be able to find a distributor there. I also have the US phone number of the manufacturer if anyone wants it just PM me. The catch is that these envelopes are bit expensive. On the plus side the person receiving your envelope can use it in some cool art applications unique to Tyvek.

grammyquilter2
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh you sweet innocent kiddies....have any of you thought maybe it was not an accident that your envies were split???? Our cards do resemble a gift card you know, and not everyone is so pure of thoughts/deeds.....hmmmm, maybe I am just in a bum mood ?
But I finally got last of my made to order cards in the mail, and have already received two lovelies!

KESagers
09-10-2009, 07:57 AM
grammyquilter2 - you have a good point. A fellow ATC artist once mentioned to me that her local PO was getting suspicious of her mailings. She ended up talking with the person who delivered her mail and even gave them an ATC. I live very close to the PO where anthrax was found. We were given notice afterwards not to "over-tape" our envelopes because it's a big red flag. It's a catch 22!

cairnlae
09-10-2009, 08:57 AM
It's a catch 22!

It sure is!!! Danged if you do, danged if you....:huh:

Gina-B
09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
My postman asked me the other day if I was 'famous now or something' as I kept getting mail from overseas!!

I know customs don't like anything too bulky without customs labels - If my cards or extras are bulky I always put a customs label on even though technically not required for cards - it stops some eagle-eyed sorter from deciding to open it thinking I'm smuggling in something.

Ibus
09-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Gina, I stick a customs label on everything going outside of Europe. ;)

Gina-B
09-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I usually stick them on for Europe as well! The woman at the post office is always telling me - they're in the EU, you don't need that...!

Just Ducky
09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
well grammyquilter I don't think odd forces are happening with many of the split envelopes.... I do know that some of these cheap ( inexpensive) cards I been getting at different 1.00 stores... some the envi. seem ok and others, like the ones I used in this
A-thon, well, just too thin I think... the splits look like the enie. just don't take to handling very well... just gonna have to watch what envelopes I put my cards in from now on.... and use tape...

Ibus
09-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I've never needed the two week grace period before, but I'm really grateful for it this time! :twitcy: The final envelopes will go out tomorrow.

cairnlae
09-12-2009, 03:14 PM
hey,had anybody heard anything about manxie? Her dad wasnt doing so well about the last time we did a CAT-I think that was about a month and 1/2 ago or so...I sent her some cards and never heard anything back and never got any cards...just knowing that at the time something was going on w/ her dad has made me just put it in the back of mind for now....but......:unsure:

sniisk
09-12-2009, 03:17 PM
She sent me a PM and told something about a month ago. And she wrote something on the CAT thread. I think things have been getting worse. She has been here 8/11 when I got the message. I got her cards but don't know if she got my cards because I haven't gotten an iTrader. Hope she will feel better soon.

sniisk
09-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh, I forgot to say, if she is now with her mother, there is no internet.

HHC
09-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Closing this thread... with a reminder of the next All-Types-of-Art-A-Thon Nov. 20 – 22

Upcoming athons you also may wish to join:
Stamp-A-Thon: October 2 - 4
Collage-A-Thon: October 16 - 18