PDA

View Full Version : Coming October 9-11...Our 4th Zentangle-A-Thon!

mrubyjean
10-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Our Fourth Zentangle-A-Thon (ZAT) is Coming Up Fast!

For those who have participated in previous ZATs, this is a reminder thread so you can mark your calendar, cut your card stock, replenish your pen and marker collection and seek out sources of inspiration!

Welcome to all those folks for whom this will be your first ZAT! This thread is the place where you can ask questions and look for support and encouragement before diving into the two-day zentangle extravaganza.
And then...mark your calendar, cut your card stock, replenish your pen and marker collection and seek out sources of inspiration!

A couple of days before the ZAT, I will open a thread where we can post and trade the zentangles we make between 5 pm Friday October 9 and 12 midnight Sunday October 11.

A special thanks to CattyCat, who has hosted the last three Zentangle-A-Thons with enthusiasm, fabulous artwork and great organizational skill!! She is now taking a break from ATCs and pursuing other creative opportunities and challenges.

This is my first time hosting an "A-Thon", so please jump in and remind us all if I forget anything important.

One place to look for continued encouragement, inspiration and zen practice is in the Zentangles With A Twist Social Group http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/group.php?groupid=37 facilitated by the consistently creative and supportive Chatty. This group is open to anyone and now up to 75+ members, due in no small part to Chatty's terrific weekly challenges and friendly welcoming attitude ~ Thank you, Chatty!

One thing we have done in the past to spice up the ZAT and to get creative juices flowing is to have optional daily challenges, lik zen inchies, watercolor backgrounds, etc.

Would you like to have challenges in this ZAT and if so....what kind of challenges would you like? Remember, they would always be optional!

sniisk
10-02-2009, 05:55 AM
I haven't done this ever before but maybe I can try :).

1of3Sisters
10-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the thread mrubyjean...I was wondering if/when there'd be another ZAT. I wasn't a member when the last one was held.

I'll give it a go...not sure that I'll be available the whole weekend. But I'll try to make a few zen's and share that weekend. Optional challenges could be fun to try.

I'll pass the word on too!

mrubyjean
10-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I haven't done this ever before but maybe I can try :).

Yes, sniisk...try it...it can be addicting!:wub:

mrubyjean
10-02-2009, 06:54 PM
So glad to know there is some zen-a-thon interest, captivatedlife and 1of3sisters !:jiggy:

Yes, do pass the word on!

sarat
10-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Oh yes--i'll give it a try.

I've just started doing zentangles and have joined the zentangle with a twist group.

It's a great group--Chatty is the best--and I'm learning lots.

Some thoughts: Besides black and white zens-- I'd like anything goes style, and one color background.

I've never done inches although I traded for them--that would be fun to try.

LittleLila
10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Can anyone recommend a site that will teach you how to do these?? Never tried them but I'm interested!

sniisk
10-04-2009, 03:38 PM
I'd like to get good instructions too. Or are there some rules?

shoreart
10-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I plan on being part of this swap weekend!

mrubyjean
10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Terrific, Shoreart!

LittleLila and sniisk ~ There is a zentangle site: http://www.zentangle.com/index.php although there are not as many instructions as one would hope because they also sell a 'zentangle kit'.

Going to the Zentangles with a Twist Social Group http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/group.php?groupid=37 and reading through the pages will give you a good idea of how to make zentangles ~ Chatty's posts often include links to specific zentangle pattern instructions and are really helpful!

Patti
10-04-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm planning to be there. My timing is good. My puter crashed last month and I'm finally up and running again, So I should be good t go next weekende.

You will NOT believe this. Today I saw a walkin' talkin' zentangle. It was a large lady wearing a large zentangle, I kid you not Her entire dress was one huge zentangle. Without wanting to stare, I counted at least 14 different zentangle patterns on her dress, and NO repeats. AMAZING!

MorahLaura
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I will try to participate in this, if the kids let me!! Sounds like fun.

HHC
10-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh goody! I work a lot this weekend so will see what I can get done. :)

Gina-B
10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
This is probably just what I need as my work schedule is too busy! I'll try to be there!

goatgoddess
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
got a busy weekend that weekend but should be able to play a bit :)

wow lot's of good info in your social group too!

shadow2b
10-05-2009, 01:32 PM
I will try and do what I can. I have a lot of art I am working on..but I love zentangles

Janjo33
10-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Besides watercolor background and one color background, how about a Rorschach Test challenge? I saw some ATCs done using a blotch for a background - so why not Zens?

mrubyjean
10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Besides watercolor background and one color background, how about a Rorschach Test challenge? I saw some ATCs done using a blotch for a background - so why not Zens?

Yikes...that would be a challenge!

TeriC
10-06-2009, 11:10 AM
I hope to be there also.

anne
10-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I would love to join in but i'm not back on the internet until 13th october. I'm at my daughter's at the moment using her comp. Hopefully I will be able to join in the next one. I might make some and then put them in my gallery:idea:

kat
10-07-2009, 06:39 AM
I'll probably be participating.

1of3Sisters
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Looking forward to this & getting prepared, just 2 more days!

note to self...check ink in my black pen & resupply my stash of blank cards, get munchies, soda, chocolate...

TeriC
10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Great idea! I am going to write that note to myself also. :)

mrubyjean
10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
OK...I have posted the Zentangle-a-thon thread ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=547964#post547964