PDA

View Full Version : Our 4th Zentangle-a-thon...October 9, 10 & 11, 2009

mrubyjean
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Welcome to our 4th ATC Zentangle-a-thon . . . . It is open to everyone . . . ., so just jump in. No signing up or anything like that. Just play.

We start 5 p.m. Friday 9th of October 2009 (where ever you are on this planet when it is 5 p.m. Friday)
We stop 11:59 p.m. Sunday 11th of October 2009 (where ever you are in the world when it is 11:59 p.m. Sunday)

This time there will be a couple of OPTIONAL challenges, just for a little bit of change.

Saturday: Colorful zentangles

Sunday: Zentangles that don't touch any of the sides of the card/that have space
left around them

Zentangles are basically repetitive line drawn shapes/designs/abstracts, created in a concise flowing manner. It is drawing done by creating a connection between your hand holding the pen and your eye looking at the paper. Try to leave your brain/thoughts out of it as much as possible. Afterall the word is ZEN. Just allow it to happen, do not force it. It is a lot of fun!! You are free to do your version of a Zentangle . . . . just create and have fun, do good work, and create at a peaceful pace. Here is a website www.zentangle.com.

No collage, no stamping, no embellishments.

Please post pics in this thread as you do your Zentangles. It is nice to see others zentangles so we can all enjoy the wonderful art . . . so we can be inspired by your work . . . and ultimately so we can all trade with each other.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone does.
And do not be shy, ask each other to trade. And HAVE FUN!

TeriC
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Gee, I just joined and now we just decided to go to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque early tomorrow and staying there for the weekend. While this would be my first zentangle-a-thon, I am very excited about going to this fest.

I can't wait to see all the wonderful zens you all will make.

mrubyjean
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
We'll miss you.. but have a great time at the Balloon Fiesta!! I've seen pictures and it looks fabulous.

**If you sneak your pens along and have a bit of time, make some zens and post them when you return** ;)

TeriC
10-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Okay, I will try. What's a weekend without a zentangle. I bet there may be colorful balloons in these zens lol

Linda4atc
10-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I will try to bribe my muse with some chocolate! I have been keeping busy but have not done any art in several weeks. It is amazing how I can spend hours at my desk just sorting through my art stuff and not really creating anything.

HHC
10-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I'll try to get some in. I've ended up working all weekend, but surely there will be a bit of down time. :D

Theresagram
10-08-2009, 11:49 PM
This sounds like fun. I've never tried a zentangle....

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Count down time! Got a fresh stack of blank cards all ready for the occasion.

mrubyjean - Sunday's challenge is definitely gonna be a challenge for me...I seem to like to fill my zen cards corner to corner & side to side...sooo leaving space is gonna be different for sure!

TeriC...enjoy the Balloon Fiesta, we know you'll be with us in spirit!

Sending chocolate vibes to Linda's muse....to help entice her into a "zen"tangle state of mind !

HHC & Theresa...hope you get a chance to play.

I'm looking forward to doing a few zens & sharing, I'll be in and out this weekend...we've got two little munchkins coming over on Sunday. And well...they keep us on our toes.

Donnacr
10-09-2009, 01:16 AM
I have spent most of Friday flying from China to Australia for my sister's wedding - between an overnight delay (I was SUPPOSED to leave China on Wednesday night, left late Thursday instead) and then an hour's delay in Sydney I am exhausted but finally home in Melbourne. What better state of mind and body to create a zentangle - the mind has already 'left' the body so I should be able to create in peace (or pieces? LOL :twitcy:)

Evalila
10-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Hope to play this time, too. I haven´t done many zens the past few months...

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Yes...it is already Friday in Australia and Germany, so zentangling can start pretty soon, right? I think we are almost the last to jump here, here on the U.S West coast!

jaw
10-09-2009, 03:55 AM
hmmm ... lurk, lurk ... haf ta work, work ... so will lurk, lurk ...:mask:

Gina-B
10-09-2009, 04:40 AM
It is amazing how I can spend hours at my desk just sorting through my art stuff and not really creating anything.

Oh I know that feeling soo well!

Have a friend popping over this evening (arriving at about 5, perfect timing, lol!) but will do at least one this weekend unless my muse has also decided she needs bribing (I never seem to know what she needs bribing with...). Thanks for the colour challenge - I like colour!

LittleLila
10-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm completely new to zentangles, but perhaps I could give it a try!

Bevie2u
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Oh my I can't image your mind staying where it's supposed to be after all that!!!! you are so funny!! Can't wait to see what you create!!

Bevie2u
10-09-2009, 10:02 AM
I know what you mean Gina B...I'm gonna try to do some, but will be in and out all weekend...I'm sure tho I can find time to create some!!!

sniisk
10-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm trying to make my first ever zentangle today. It's ovet 6 pm here but I don't know if I can finish the card today because this is so difficult! But fun too!

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Let it flow...just start to doodle..it's supposed to be relaxing! :yes:

jaw
10-09-2009, 11:57 AM
don't overthink it Sanna ... goooooo with the floooooowwwww ...
(okay ~ I admit ~ my first ones were pretty weird ... but I can do some okay now) It amazes me how some people can do such intricate "drawings" that remind me of the psycadelic (sp?) days of the 60s.

Gina-B
10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
They always make me think of the 60s too - I do wonder what my mother was looking at while she was carrying me... ;)

Theresagram
10-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Do they have to be black and white? That's what I seem to see most of the time. I love color!

Theresagram
10-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Ok, another question....can you do them like with different colored pencils? Or should them be in marker?

What about doing them black and white and then inking the paper to give them some color?

sniisk
10-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I was thinking could I try to do one by useing gel pen?

Evalila
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Zens can be colorful, too. I think there are lots of examples in the gallery.

I would recommend that you use the pens that work best for you. I worked with gel pens, too, but I LOVE my ink pens :D

sniisk
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
You'll have fun when you see my first card... This is going to take ages to make it and it will be terrible but I don't care. I don't have any idea how to make it beautiful but it's still a zentangle.

Evalila
10-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Here are my "warm-up"-cards for today, the first one has a quite unusual shape :huh:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle001.jpg # 001 tradedhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle002.jpg # 002 traded

Theresagram
10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I just did a search for zentangle in teh gallery...looking at them I realize I spent a goodly amount of time in Jr High doing zentangles all over my folder while the teachers talked. :twitcy:

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeppers...you got it Theresa....me too!

Bet a lot of us have been "zentangling", we just didn't know it...Even before the term "zentangle" was coined!

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
I am not any kind of zentangle expert...so, please anyone jump in with illuminating comments!

But, in terms of this a-thon, zens can be made with any kind of drawing medium...markers, colored pencils, gel pens...anything that makes a clear line. Black and white is the classic form and sometimes I find it is nice to go back to black and white to relax...sort of like basic breathing. But color, sparkle, metallic pens, shading with pencils, different color backgrounds...all add nice dimension to zentangles.

Search under zentangles in the gallery....as I see people have... and a wide range of zens will come up!!

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeppers...you got it Theresa....me too!

Bet a lot of us have been "zentangling", we just didn't know it...Even before the term "zentangle" was coined!

Yes...remember doodling?!

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Wonderful zens, Evalila!

LittleLila
10-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Getting ready to start my first----hope it's o.k.

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Cool Zens Evalila! The 2nd one reminds me of a cat from the backside...and it's wearing a fancy little hat. I know, silly me.

Sniisk...I think it's cool you'll be sharing your first zentangle with us here, can't wait to see it.

These are some of my first cards & first "zentangles" I put up in my gallery when I became a member here. Seeing different comments, Sniisks & mrubyjean made me think of them....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_scan0013.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_scan0014.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_scan0015.jpg

Anywhooo....I think our zentangles are just like any of our other art forms we do. They evolve & improve over time. Just have fun with them & experiment...make them your own. There's no right or wrong way to doodle ;)

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Can't wait to see yours LittleLila...

I've peeked & you have some wonderful zens in your gallery!

Gosh...I've got several more hours before I can join in...big sigh

sniisk
10-09-2009, 02:35 PM
It's a night here and I can't get a picture anymore. But my first card is ready. You need to wait until it's morning here.

sniisk
10-09-2009, 02:42 PM
You can't believe this... My husband has bought a new digital camera for me when I was working far away from home this week. I can't believe this even myself! Maybe I can still try to take a picture :). The new camera is very little and red. My older camera is 7 years old and it can't be used without sun light.

Linda4atc
10-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Sniisk honey you do so many of these A-Thons and work late into the dark, you need a scanner then the lighting won't slow you down. ;) at least with the uploading them part.

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Wow, that's cool...what a wonderful surprise for you! Wasn't that sweet of him!

sniisk
10-09-2009, 02:48 PM
He told this is my birthday present (I had bithday almost three months ago...) but I thought I got some ink pads then.

We don't have any space for a scanner. It should be on the kitchen table and it really doesn't sound good.

Linda4atc
10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
LOL I didn't see your post about the pretty red camera. That is sweet of him. And I really understand the space thing since I'm living in a trailer!

sniisk
10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Linda, your trailer is maybe larger than our apartment :twitcy:.

Linda4atc
10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I have VHS/ DVD player recorder I bought around Christmas time so I can try to put all the tapes I have of my son growing up on DVD's and I still haven't done it because I do not where to set the machine so I can use it. The TV is actually installed in the wall between the bedroom and living area and anykind of table will be in the way.

sniisk
10-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Here it is. I just tested everything.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_88.jpg Zentangle 1 TRADED

Evalila
10-09-2009, 03:02 PM
That´s great, sniisk! Wondering why you thought you couldn´t make it look beautiful. It sure is! :spinny:

sniisk
10-09-2009, 03:07 PM
It's still a mix of everything :). I'll try to start a gel pen card but because I worked today 10 hours and then travelled back to home from other side of Finland I need to go to sleep soon. But there are still two more days time to make these.

Linda4atc
10-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Cool! The camera works in the dark so you get to share all your late night pretties with us! I see some fun patterns in your first zen. I don't know how others do this but I have a notebook I have tried to collect samples of all the different patterns. If I see something I like in a zentangle I try to do a little sample of it in my notebook, and I have all the patterns I found from online at http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs023/1101168872594/archive/1102039140731.html

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
:jiggy: Way to go sniisk on your first zentangle! It looks great! :yes:

sniisk
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Linda, it's a good point to collect all the patterns. I need to do it too. I have a little pretty notebook. I got it from the UK Artfest and I haven't gotten any art related use for it but now I got.

I need to say good night now. See you tomorrow.

Doreen Taylor
10-09-2009, 04:05 PM
I am generally not much of a zentangle maker, but I decided to do a couple (don't expect more than 3-5 from me this weekend) for the zentangle-a-thon. This is my first for the evening. :jiggy:

Zen 01
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3997/small/1_Zen_01_Lo_res.jpg

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Woohooo...way to go Doreen. It looks lovely!

My zens take a little time to make...they are kinda meditative actually. I hope to get a couple done this evening once I make it home from work.

Doreen Taylor
10-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Mine are a form of meditation as well. It's just like creating a mandala.

They really are relaxing to make but the reason I don't do them that often is because I get "bored" with them. I don't get bored in the normal way, what I mean by that is that if I don't make a lot of them I really really enjoy it when I DO make them and it makes it even more relaxing, if that makes any sense. That's why I can't produce tons of them.

LittleLila
10-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Sanna, your first zen is great!!!! Here is one from mehttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2490/small/1_img169.jpg

LittleLila
10-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Here is another---http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2490/small/1_img170.jpg There are some more in my gallery!

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Your first zen is terrific, Sanna!
Doreen ~ Your sun zen is beautiful!
Nice zens, LittleLila!

I'm so glad to see people creating and posting.
Still a few hours until I can get started.

Doreen Taylor
10-09-2009, 06:02 PM
LittleLila, those are beautiful Zens! It's great to see the artwork here! :jiggy:

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Lovely zens LittleLila!

I can now "officially" start participating...but I'm still working :(.

But...it is pouring out & the prospect of sitting in rush hour traffic in the rain, which extends my drive time home....:eek: does not sound inviting!

:idea:hmmmm, may way it out a bit & just might make use of my time to begin my first card for the zentangle-a-thon :D

(yes, I do love the little smilies sometimes & get a little zealous with their use...sawwwy :wubclub:)

LittleLila
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Thank you all for liking my zens----this is all new to me!

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Hurray ~ looking forward to your zens, 1of3Sisters!
And the smilies are fun...especially when you are still at work on rainy day.
Or even on a sunny bright afternoon like in Seattle today :cool:

melissamyth
10-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Just wanted to stop in and see the zentangles . . . i've never tried it, but maybe I will this weekend

Bevie2u
10-09-2009, 07:59 PM
hehehe~~~ Well I graduated in the 60s and had my first daughter then...so I do remember all that!!! hehehe!!

Bevie2u
10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh LittleLila yours is awesome...remember me when you want to trade!!! So we are to post them here then???

Theresagram
10-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Well, I tried a few to practice and didn't like them so I threw them away. :dull:

And that link says they should take about 15 minutes...well I worked on one for over half an hour and only had about 1/4 of the card covered. :unsure:

Oh, and it wasn't relaxing at all! I think I might be too anal to let it flow. :twitcy:

LittleLila
10-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Bevie we will definitely trade!!! Let me know what you like----check my gallery too! I think we are supposed to post them here! (This is new to me too!)

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Yes, yes, please do post your zentangles here!
Then PM each other to arrange trades.

mrubyjean
10-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, I tried a few to practice and didn't like them so I threw them away. :dull:

And that link says they should take about 15 minutes...well I worked on one for over half an hour and only had about 1/4 of the card covered. :unsure:

Oh, and it wasn't relaxing at all! I think I might be too anal to let it flow. :twitcy:

Oh, Theresa...forget the 15 minutes! Good grief, mine always take longer than that... Maybe try it again later...:huh:

cairnlae
10-09-2009, 09:11 PM
bee-yoo-tee-ful work Im seeing here ladies....I might try and fit some in this wekend as well...we'll see...havent done too many..I think I have one in my gallery...

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Theresa...pfffft....15 minutes....I agree with mrubyjean, forget it!

Sometimes one may just flow a bit quicker than the next. You can't crank out the "zen"tangles quickly...they take just a lil bit of time. Also depends how "detailed" you make your patterns & designs. The tinier & more intricate detailed patterns you create...will take more time.

It may help to keep things simple and not too detailed as you get the hang of it.

I've gotta scoot. I'm finished here at work...getting ready to hit the road & it's still raining. Catch everyone in a little bit.

sarat
10-09-2009, 09:33 PM
It's 6:30 pm where I am. I am going out and will be back around 8:30pm and plan to do a zen or 2. What fun.

Theresagram
10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Oh, Theresa...forget the 15 minutes! Good grief, mine always take longer than that... Maybe try it again later...:huh:

Theresa...pfffft....15 minutes....I agree with mrubyjean, forget it!

Sometimes one may just flow a bit quicker than the next. You can't crank out the "zen"tangles quickly...they take just a lil bit of time. Also depends how "detailed" you make your patterns & designs. The tinier & more intricate detailed patterns you create...will take more time.

It may help to keep things simple and not too detailed as you get the hang of it.

I've gotta scoot. I'm finished here at work...getting ready to hit the road & it's still raining. Catch everyone in a little bit.

I'm going to give it another try. Might work on some tonight...gotta work a couple of hours tomorrow...but I'll be back.

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Here's a couple of links that may help give an idea on getting started with zentangles & some "filler" patterns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hscfey5N-pY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Nlz4XMxcs

Anywhooo...hope they help.

I'm off to mix up a batch of brownies and get comfy before I settle in on a zen.

jaw
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
60s ... brownies ... zentangles ... hmmm, sounds like my kind of party!!! :twitcy:

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 11:31 PM
ohhhhh :huh:

LOL...jaw

Bevie2u
10-09-2009, 11:34 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/2_Zen_a_thon_002.jpg Sure hope this shows up...the lighting wasn't go...sigh!!! This is my first one...but have several others to post..

Theresagram
10-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Man I wish I had all my old Pee-Chee folders from Jr High. Then I could show you all something! :jiggy:

Bevie2u
10-09-2009, 11:38 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_Zen_a_thon_006.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/2_Zen_a_thon_003.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_Zen_a_thon_007.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/small/2_Zen_a_thon_004.jpg

I have a couple more but will have to post them tomorrow...hubby is in bed...where I should be too cuz I'm beat!!!! Blessings!!!

1of3Sisters
10-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Those look terrific Bevie! Good night.

TeriC
10-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I actually did a few lines today. Maybe I really will get one done by Sunday.

TeriC
10-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh wow Bevie, those are great!! And you are the first one.

Bevie2u
10-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Well Teri it's about time we traded some ZENs wouldn't you say??? I love all your work...talk to you tomorrow...I have to get my flu shot earling in the am...so will have to wait till I get back home....These have been fun to do!!!

HHC
10-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Fabulous zens you guys! I've been working on Halloween ATC's, finishing up 15 for a party tomorrow (why do I make things so complicated? sheesh!) so haven't had time to do any zens...

I could use the relaxation, however... so perhaps I'll have something for you tomorrow before I head off to work.

sarat
10-10-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm back and it's almost 10pm. I've done three black and whites. Here they are:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Friday_zen-a-thon_shapes.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Friday_zen-a-thon_maze.JPG http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Friday_zen-a-thon_flower.JPG

Everyone looks like they've gotten off to a great start. Hope to trade tomorrow.

jaw
10-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Well ... gave it a shot... Hope y'all like it ... (i had to do it without brownies) LOL
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_zat_001.jpgZAT #1

Just Ducky
10-10-2009, 01:29 AM
dang... you all are doing so great...
Sanna... terrific first Zen...

every one I see is great.... but this ducky is just peeking over shoulders...

sarat
10-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Hiya Ducky--
Hope you're going to jump it. The temperature is just right.

Evalila
10-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Hi everybody and a good morning (well, at least it is morning here in Germany:rolleyes:)

Here´s my first zentangle for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle003.jpg # 003

sniisk
10-10-2009, 02:18 AM
So many beautiful zentangles here. And thanks for everyone, I got so any positive comments and I want to make more cards :).

mrubyjean
10-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Bevie, sarat and jaw and Evalila...great zens!

Good morning, Evalila and sniisk!

I made a few zens while watching news and old Seinfeld shows on TV and snuggling with the cat ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_bluezen.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_b_w_gold.jpg Both Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_brownzen.jpg

Trades tomorrow...now I'm off to bed!

1of3Sisters
10-10-2009, 03:56 AM
Hi Evalila & Sniisk...tis your morning & about 3AM for me.

Wow...look at the terrific zens....great job Sarat, Jaw (& without the assistance of brownies too *wink*), Evalila & mrubyjean!

Hey Ducky! Nice seeing you pop in! Sure you don't want to give it a try?

I have gotten 3 black & white zentangles done. I'll have to scan them in the AM & post them. The scanner is in the other room at the desk & I would have a grumpy bear growling at me if I woke him. I best wait, lol.

Time for me to go find my pillow...see everyone later.

Sniisk, Evalila...have a wonderful morning/day & happy zentangling!

Evalila
10-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Good nite, 1of3sisters and mrubyjean!

I just finished a colored zentangle for todays´ challenge:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle004.jpg traded

LittleLila
10-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Morning everyone! There are so many beautiful zens here!!! You have all been busy! Hope to upload some new ones!

sniisk
10-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Two more zentangles. Number 3 is made with gel pen.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_Copy_of_95.jpg Zentangle 3 TRADED

kat
10-10-2009, 05:58 AM
My 1st two zens for ZAT4:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/large/1_kat_--_ZAT4-2.jpg Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/large/1_kat_--_ZAT4-1.jpg Traded

LittleLila
10-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Here is my first of the dayhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2490/small/1_img173.jpg

Evalila
10-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Here`s another one:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle005.jpg # 005 traded

cairnlae
10-10-2009, 07:35 AM
ohhhh,I'm coveting some of these real bad!I gotta get to work mama's!!!

dmnh
10-10-2009, 07:45 AM
You all are showing us some fantastic Zens!
I've been up all night working on a few as well.
Here is the first ATC I completed a few hours ago. I'm fixing to scan 2 more ATCs and 2 twinchies as well.
I wasn't sure if inchies, twinchies and chunky pages could be traded in this a-thon or not but I made some twinchies anyway. And if it the others are allowed, I may make some of them also.

Shoot me off a PM if you are interested in any of mine. Thanks for looking!

Pink and Green Fish Zen TRADED

dmnh
10-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Here are a few more.

twinchie zens set 1
eye leaf zen TRADED
green leaves zen
zen cupcake
Annabel's Celebration

LittleLila
10-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Here is a colored one for todays challenge---http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2490/small/1_img176.jpg

sniisk
10-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Here are two of my newest cards. It takes so much time to make one but no worry because I have nothing else to do today :).

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_Copy_of_102.jpg Zentangle 5 TRADED

Both cards are b&w cards but because of unknown reason the pictures seem to be different colours.

cairnlae
10-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Here are some Ive been whittling away at all morning whilst watching some really bad horror movies that I rented...LOL!!!Oh, I did rent Nightmare Before Christmas(which of course is classic) so thats where the mummy is from...I also have some Jack Skellington and Sally zentangles Im working on as well...

mrubyjean
10-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Good morning everyone!
So many wonderful zens made while I was asleep.
And now...such gorgeous and cheerful colorful zens...love them all.
Great creations ~ Evalila, sniisk, kat, dmnh and LittleLila and cairnlae!

I've got to make a cup of tea and get my pens out!

mrubyjean
10-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Cairnlae ~ Only you could work a mummy into a zen!!

Evalila
10-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Here´s my latest card. It´s really fun working with colors while making these zens, I usually do them in black and white :cute:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle006.jpg # 006

sarat
10-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Amazing work. I want to trade with everyone. It's great to see new people giving zens a try. :cool:

I hope you will continue and join the zentangles with a twist group. I've learned a lot practicing there.

It's 9:30am on Saturday and darn--I have to go off to do something. I'll be back around 3pm and then I'm coloring away.

kat
10-10-2009, 02:05 PM
There some beauties here!
I'm gone until late tomorrow.
Enjoy.
kat

Evalila
10-10-2009, 02:41 PM
And here´s the last one for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle007.jpg # 007 traded

1of3Sisters
10-10-2009, 04:46 PM
What wonderful Zens everyone...love all the color too! Goodness, I need to work on some more for trading...lots of eye-catching cards! Will do some with color for today's challenge.

These are mine from last night, I did them in Black and White. They are available for trading if anyone is interested.

ZAT #1 - Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_ZAT001.jpg

ZAT #2 - Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_ZAT002.jpg

ZAT #3 - Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_ZAT003.jpg

LittleLila
10-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Beautiful Zens 1 of 3 sisters!!

Linda4atc
10-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Beautiful zens everyone! I'm moving slow this weekend....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/large/1_Z_A_T_Oct_2009_001.jpg Spooktacular Zen traded

My first Z A T made for the color challenge

Bevie2u
10-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Evalila your colored Zens are awesome...I love doing them too. Must get busy....was away most of the day!!
1 of 3 sisters yours are awesome too....you do beautiful zens...

Theresagram
10-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Love this one Linda!

Bevie2u
10-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Here are a couple I was able to create after getting home around 5pm....must get busy and make some colored ones too!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_Zen_a_thon_0ct_10__9.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_Zen_a_thon_0ct_10__10.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_Zen_a_thon_0ct_10__11.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_Zen_a_thon_0ct_10__12.jpg

LittleLila
10-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Bevie---love your zens!!!!

mrubyjean
10-10-2009, 08:24 PM
1of3sisters and Bevie2u ~ What gorgeous B&W zens!

Linda ~ That is an awesome and truly spooktacular zen!

Glad there has been some creating going on while I've been away at an encaustic wax painting class!

I'm settling down down to another cup of tea and some drawing...then a potluck dinner for 9 here at my house...then hopefully I will have some zens to post...when most people are asleep!

melissamyth
10-10-2009, 08:34 PM
My first ever zentangle. It was a fun way to spend my breaks at work, I hope to do more :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_ZAT1_flower.jpg

melissamyth
10-10-2009, 11:03 PM
made some more with watercolor backgrounds

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_ZAT_3_tree.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_ZAT_2_sun.jpg

Linda4atc
10-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Melissa that Tree and the flower is soo cool!

Here is my next one.... Z A T #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/large/1_Z_A_T_Oct_2009_Autumn_Bloom_Zen.jpg Autumn Bloom Zentangle available

goatgoddess
10-10-2009, 11:35 PM
so many beautiful zens!!!

I was gone all day with my daughter but got two done this evening - hope to do more tomorrow

zen one
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/medium/1_zen_a_long.JPG

zen two
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/medium/1_zen_a_long_2.jpg

Theresagram
10-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Ok, here's the Zentangle I started yesterday and threw in the trash. I dug it out and added the border and was sitting down to do more on it when hubby came in and saw it.

He said he likes it just the way it is, says he doesn't want me to trade it, says I should give it to him (not trade! Bahaha) and he likes it just the way it is. LOL :wacko: He's such a nut.

He's so funny about keeping some of the things I make. It's like the torso I decorated for a breast cancer auction at a local stamp store. Someone had bid on it and he couldn't stand the thought of someone else having something I spent so much time working on...so he out bid them!! :twitcy: He's a funny guy.

So here it is...the first one I started...and not finished in my opinion, but hubby likes it/wants it just the way it is.

sarat
10-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey Theresagram--That's cool that your hubby is such a fan and wants the zen. Good for him! Maybe you could make one like it for us:)

Well I was only able to do 2 zens today. Was gone most of the day and had to get ready for my son's big birthday tomorrow.

Will definitely have the time to make more tomorrow as I'm squirreled away in my room.:wacko:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Blue_dancer-Saturday_Zen-a-thon.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Medusa-Saturday_zen-a-thon.JPG

Linda4atc
10-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Fun zens showing up. Theresa that is so cool, my husband is my biggest fan as well.

Here is my last one for tonight... Z A T #3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/large/1_Z_A_T_Oct_2009_Verdigogh_Green.jpg Verdigogh Green traded

[I] Thank you

1of3Sisters
10-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Lookie, lookie...this is wonderful, all the cool zens & great work being posted. I love looking in the main gallery and seeing groupings of Zens pop up!

Some wonderful 1st zens being done this Zentangle-A-Thon too! Congrats to you each!

I've managed a little group of zens today, adding a little color to them. They are available for trade...

ZAT #4 - Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_ZAT004.jpg

ZAT #5 - Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_ZAT005.jpg

ZAT #6 - Trade Pending
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_ZAT006.jpg

sniisk
10-11-2009, 02:29 AM
I started to make my zentangle pattern book yesterday and didn't make new cards. But I have two half made zens on my table and I try to finish them today. One cards is going to be b&w and one silver & white.

1of3Sisters
10-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Pattern books are a wonderful idea. You are doing great on your first zentangles...can't wait to see your new ones. Silver and white sounds interesting.

Getting ready to turn in for the night myself...have a good day sniisk & night all.

Evalila
10-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Great zens everyone!

Here are my first cards for todays´ challenge:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle008.jpg 008 traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle009.jpg 009

Doreen Taylor
10-11-2009, 05:08 AM
Here are a couple of Zens from me. I will have a couple more this evening to finish off. If anyone wants to trade please PM me.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3997/small/2_Zen_02_Lo_Res.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3997/small/1_Zen_03_Lo_Res.jpg TRADED

I'm going out for the day but will be back in several hours. :)

Hugs,

Doreen

sniisk
10-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Here are two new cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_Copy_of_2.jpg Zentangle 7 TRADED

Donnacr
10-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I have made a number of zentangles to share with everyone but have just discovered that no-one here knows how to work the scanner so I am unable to show you any of my creations until I return to China in a week. :confused::mad: I love some of the creations that are being shown on the thread but feel unable to ask for trades as I have nothing to show for a swap. I will keep watch on my favourites and, if not traded when I return, will ask for them then. Keep up the great examples - I would have had to stop in 1/2 an hour anyway as it will be midnight Sunday. Ah well. . . big sigh and a shrug!

Bevie2u
10-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Here are some with color....and some not touching the sides...
Hope it's ok to post them all here!!! Will make some more after Church!!!
Blessings.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_ZAT__13.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_ZAT__14.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_ZAT__15.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_ZAT__16.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/large/1_ZAT__17.jpg

Evalila
10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Here are my newest cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle010.jpg 010 traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle011.jpg 011

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle012.jpg 012

mrubyjean
10-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Wow...I conked out early last night and missed alot of great work!
And I got nothing made yesterday...with so many wonderful creations I'd love to trade for! :(

But good morning everyone and wishing everyone a zen-filled, creative day!

sniisk
10-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I haven't made anything after the morning. My mother is in the hospital and I spent my day there with her. Hope to make something in the evening because it's already 7.30 pm here.

shadow2b
10-11-2009, 01:00 PM
I stayed up late last night doing my cards. I had so much fun I am going to do as many as I can today. I got a late start. I have a pen collection and this is a great way to use them...:idea:

shadow2b
10-11-2009, 01:13 PM
why are my cards so small what am I doing wrong???????????help

sniisk
10-11-2009, 01:14 PM
You used attachment instead of inserted image.

sniisk
10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Here are my last zentangles.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_Copy_of_6.jpg Zentangle 8

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_Copy_of_103.jpg Zentangle 9 TRADED

It was very nice to try to make something new and maybe I'll make some zentangles also later :).

mrubyjean
10-11-2009, 02:15 PM
shadow2b ~ It's really OK to use attachment, because if you click on it, it opens up full-size! To insert a larger image, you first have to upload the images to your gallery first.

BTW...your zens are beautiful!

mrubyjean
10-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Good night, sniisk!
I hope your mother will be OK.

It was so good to see you challenge yourself and participate this weekend ~ and you make lovely zens! :)

Bevie2u
10-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Well your very first Zen is awesome...I'd love to trade for it hon...wtg!!!!

Bevie2u
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Am so sorry to here about your mom hon...my thoughts and prayers will be with you...(((hugs)))

Bevie2u
10-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Kim I love your zens...lovely work~~~

sniisk
10-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Good night, sniisk!
I hope your mother will be OK.

Good night everyone!

I really hope everything will be OK soon. Her lung (only one side, thank God) blew yesterday and she need to use a respirator some days or weeks. And she can't do anything. But she is a positive person :).

mrubyjean
10-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Ok, it was a nice relaxing morning...and I made three zens.
All are for today's challenge of staying contained and leaving surrounding space...something hard for me.

The first is silver metallic pen on black paper and brighter that it looks in the scan...the third is white pen on black paper.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_reversezen2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_harpzen.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_reversezen1.jpg All Traded

I'll be back after lunch.

Doreen Taylor
10-11-2009, 03:32 PM
These are my last for the weekend. I am beat and need to stop for now. Beleive me, this was a lot of Zens for me to make in a weekend! LOL! I finally decided to add colour for the first time with metallic gel pens and dark cardstock. Fun. As always, if you wish to trade, PM me. I don't bite. Much. I just nibble slightly. :wacko:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3997/small/1_Zen_04_Lo_Res.jpg TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3997/small/1_Zen_05_Lo_Res.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3997/small/1_Zen_05a_Lo_Res.jpg TRADED

kat
10-11-2009, 07:33 PM
I've returned from the cottage with a few new zens. A few traded as soon as I posted them....
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_--_ZAT4-3.jpg traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_--_ZAT4-5jpg.jpg traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_--_ZAT4-4.jpg Available http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_--_ZAT4-6.jpg Available

TeriC
10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I just got back from the Balloon Fest and did manage one zen that I will call 'Road Zen' and now I feel like I played just a little.

So many beautiful zens here WOW!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3536/4002454803_292c518639_m.jpg traded

Janjo33
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Okay - here I am - Johnny-come-lately! I have just read eight pages of posts and would happily trade with everyone who has posted Zens here. So if you like one of mine, please ask, maybe tomorrow when you get back on line!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1430/small/1_Yellow_Zen_2.jpgYellow Zen 2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1430/small/1_Yellow_Zen_3.jpgYellow Zen 3 Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1430/small/1_Zen_Journey.jpgZen Journey

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1430/small/1_Zen_Leafwork.jpgZen Leafwork

Linda4atc
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I got several requests for the first one so here is http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/large/1_Z_A_T_Oct_2009_Verdigogh_Green_the_Repeat.jpg Verdigogh Green the Repeat available

If I turned down your first request we may be able to trade now....

kat
10-11-2009, 09:24 PM
My final ZAT --
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_--_ZAT4-7.jpg

Linda4atc
10-11-2009, 10:11 PM
This started out as a not touching the sides challenge but ended up being another colored zen.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/large/1_Z_A_T_Oct_2009_Floating_on_a_Bubble_Belt.jpg Floating on a Bubble Belt available

Just Ducky
10-11-2009, 10:27 PM
dang... all you Zen people are great... love all I see... good job ladies...

Linda4atc
10-11-2009, 11:37 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/large/2_Z_A_T_Oct_2009_001.jpg I decided to make something for a friend .... I call it a Zen-Zetti-Duck :wubclub:

Janjo33
10-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Too cute for a lucky ducky!

Just Ducky
10-11-2009, 11:58 PM
it must be something in the water.... them Westie coast people abit strange...
look at this poor duck... he's been Zen-Zetti-ed... but ain't he cute...:notworthy:

thanks bunches lady....

melissamyth
10-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Dang, ran outta time. Work . . . always getting in the way . . .

So much lovely work here tho. It was fun to be a part of.

shadow2b
10-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I am having trouble with up loading it ask me for ulr I do not know why this is?

1of3Sisters
10-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Here's a few more I finished earlier. #7 is for Sunday's challenge...I have a tough time not filling in the entire card. #7 & #8 have alcohol ink backgrounds & silver gel pin & #9 is a light watercolor wash background w/ purple ink.

ZAT #7
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_ZAT007.jpg

ZAT #8 - *trade pending*
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_zat008.jpg

ZAT #9
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4297/small/1_ZAT009.jpg

mrubyjean
10-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Gorgeous zens, 1of3Sisters ~ awesome backgrounds, too!

Kat ~ Your Final Zen is just perfect!

Linda ~ Zen-Zetti-Duck is adorable!

mrubyjean
10-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Thank you everyone for participating in the Zentangle-a-thon!

There are a couple hours left for us US West Cost folks...but I've got to clean up loose ends here and get to bed....so I just want to say how great it's been to see so much creativity displayed and so many beautiful zentangles!

Remember, you can still post tomorrow any zens you made/make before midnight. And, of course, trading can go on as long as you like.

Evalila
10-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi shadow2be, right click on your image you want to upload und click on properties. Then a box opens where also the address/URL is listed. Highlight, copy and insert it. I think there´s also an Sticky "How-to" in the Forum under Member Support. Hope this helps.

sarat
10-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Well I'm on the West Coast and its 11:40. So I'm about to upload my last 3 zens. It sure has been fun and would still like to trade especially with someone I haven't traded with before.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Pink_flower_zen-a-thon.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_whimsical_flower.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_matisse-inspired_zen.JPG

dmnh
10-12-2009, 02:53 AM
I didn't get anymore Zens made yesterday...my muse decided zens were not on the agenda so other art got made instead.
I enjoyed participating in the ZAT with all you talented people! Thanks to everyone who traded with me as well. I still have many zentangles in my gallery that are available.
Hope everyone has a fantastic week ahead!

Gina-B
10-12-2009, 04:59 AM
I ended up having to work and in the end completely forgot about doing any zens at all! And look what I missed! You have all created such wonderful cards! and I love the idea of doing a zen notebook with patterns.
Hope your mum's ok Sniisk

Bevie2u
10-12-2009, 08:02 AM
This was my very first zen a thon, and had a great time...will definately join in the next one!!! Thanks for all the lovely comments on what I created, and have a wonderful week girls!!! (((hugs)))

Bevie2u
10-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Sara I love your last three zens...would love to trade with you!!!!

sniisk
10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I try to mail the cards tomorrow. I've had some problems here because all this stress after my mom went to the hospital has caused me some fever. But I have a lovely husband taking care of me.

Thanks for Martha letting us to play again!

LittleLila
10-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks everyone for a great time----this has been fun!!!!

Linda4atc
10-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Sniisk take care of yourself, and I pray your mom gets better to. Hugs...

I didn't get very many made, and I still have to make one more Verdigogh Green :laugh:.
I only have one Zentangle that didn't find a new home...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/large/1_Z_A_T_Oct_2009_Autumn_Bloom_Zen.jpg Autumn Bloom is still avavilable

Thank you so much for a really fun weekend zentangling!

sarat
10-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for hosting such a great marathon. :notworthy:I woke up this morning dreaming of zens. It was wonderful to see new people and such creative art.

Many hugs to you!!! You definitely rock.

Sara

Thank you everyone for participating in the Zentangle-a-thon!

There are a couple hours left for us US West Cost folks...but I've got to clean up loose ends here and get to bed....so I just want to say how great it's been to see so much creativity displayed and so many beautiful zentangles!

Remember, you can still post tomorrow any zens you made/make before midnight. And, of course, trading can go on as long as you like.

Evalila
10-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Thanks to you all for another great Zen-A-Thon! My cards will be in the mail tomorrow.

sniisk
10-13-2009, 02:22 AM
My available cards are here:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_Copy_of_91.jpg Zentangle 2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_90.jpg Zentangle 4

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_Copy_of_5.jpg Zentangle 6

Evalila
10-13-2009, 03:16 AM
I got these five cards left:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle003.jpg # 003 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle006.jpg # 006 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle009.jpg # 009

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle011.jpg # 011 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Zentangle012.jpg # 012