PDA

View Full Version : Found Poetry-a-Thon on December 4-6!

Pages : [1] 2

amyfaerie
11-06-2009, 02:47 PM
The First Found Poetry-a-Thon!

The Found Poetry-a-thon is scheduled for the weekend of December 4-6th. AmyFaerie and RobbyGirl will be your co-host for the event. WOOT!

We are having a marathon weekend to “get together” virtually and create Found Poetry. Everyone will participate over the same days and times in each time zone . . . kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies!

Start time (in your time zone) 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday December 04, 2009
End time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday December 06, 2009

Post your cards to the thread and the gallery as you create them. You can trade them or just share them with the group, whatever your inclination. :)

EVERYONE is welcome to come play/visit.

What Is Found Poetry?

To create a “Found” poem, begin with a page of text. This can be a page in a book, an advertisement, brochure, flyer, or anything that’s written text. For this “a-thon” we are working from one page for each poem.

Read through the page you will be working from (must be something you are willing to cut up) and choose words to create your poem or offbeat verse. If you’ve ever played with a magnetic poetry set then you get the concept!
After you’ve chosen your words, cut them out and with your best attempt at keeping them grammatically correct (you can steal letters from other words if you need to add endings such as “s”, “es” or “ing.”)

After you’ve assembled your poem you will collage it to the ATC card you are creating. Some people like to create their art first then find the words but personally I prefer to “write” the poem then create the art to accompany it. You may use any medium to create your cards, they can be collaged or hand drawn but the words do need to be collaged on to your card if you are painting or drawing your backgrounds.

Another fun form of Found Poetry is Blackout Poetry. Choose a paragraph to work from that will fit your ATC then black out (paint over) the words you won’t be using to create your poem. Below are some examples of both types of found poetry.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions in the thread we will do our best to answer them. Have fun, this is low pressure; we aren’t looking for Robert Frost here!

a teacher's link explaining found poetry (http://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=33)
foundpoetry.org's blog (http://www.foundpoetry.org/blog/)
wikipedia's "found poetry" entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Found_poetry)
a found poetry blog at wordpress (http://foundpoetry.wordpress.com/)
http://karenswhimsy.com/musings/found-poetry.htm

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/medium/1_Love_Her_Always.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/medium/1_the_little_tin_box.jpg
cards by robbygirl & me

HHC has graciously "lent" us the following info, too!

JUST WHAT IS THIS ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.
HOW IT WORKS: At 12:00 noon on Friday December 04 (your time zone) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday December 06 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

ARE YOU NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm AmyFaerie or RobbyGirl, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery: It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_SAT_Autumn_Redwing.jpg[/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large or letters s m l in the address and change it to size you want.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

Siena
11-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I am going to play in this one, and it will be my first ever a-thon. Can't wait!

poeticpaper
11-06-2009, 03:18 PM
woohoo!

AnnD
11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Very cool!

Rogue Gal
11-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Woot! In in!

Theresagram
11-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Sounds like fun!!

Theresagram
11-06-2009, 04:50 PM
But I'm not sure what it is. LOL

complicious
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I'll be found-poeticizing (???) that weekend. Terrific athon idea!

RobbyGirl
11-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Theresagram, Amy has a well laid out explanation, links and examples in her Found Poetry Swap thread, here's a link:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11600

hayward_cs
11-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Count me in :D I am going to have to start collecting stuff to find the poetry in ahead of time 'cuz the last time I ran out of stuff to 'find' it in and had to scrounge for the last few. LOL

Theresagram
11-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Theresagram, Amy has a well laid out explanation, links and examples in her Found Poetry Swap thread, here's a link:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11600

Thanks!

mrubyjean
11-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Wonderful idea!

amyfaerie
11-06-2009, 10:04 PM
RobbyGirl and I will add some more info to the top of this thread, too . . . so that everyone feels comfy before the big weekend!

coffeelatte
11-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I hope I can join the fun for this one!

HHC
11-10-2009, 12:49 AM
This sounds like great fun... I'll be gone most of that weekend, but may have a bit of time to play.

triskele
11-10-2009, 08:17 AM
I hope I can come up with some good cards for this!

Grandma chook
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounds like fun. The time difference from OZ, will that be a problem?

RobbyGirl
11-11-2009, 10:45 PM
No problem Grandma Chook, the general rule on the "a-Thons" is everyone starts at 5pm Friday in there own time zone and finish their art by Midnight (again own zone) on Sunday. Any art that is completed on time gets submitted to the thread for trading. It's okay to post pieces that are still drying and can't be scanned yet late.

HHC
11-11-2009, 11:07 PM
I couldn't find this a-thon in the calendar... http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/calendar.php.
If it's listed on the calendar, we can set ourselves a reminder so we don't miss it. :)

RobbyGirl
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks HHC I added a note in the A-Thons forum so we could get on the event calendar.

Grandma chook
11-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Count me in!

jaw
11-17-2009, 03:11 AM
sounds interesting and fun ... I'll be working all weekend but will have some time to play ... once I figure out exactly what it is ... :)

RobbyGirl
11-17-2009, 06:14 AM
I just get caught up with the swap I'm hosting and promise to have the info on how to create Found Poetry up soon! Till then here is a link to the explanation AmyFaerie used for the swap we did. It explains it quite well and has links to even more information! Come join the fun! http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11600

Doreen Taylor
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
I wish I could play - I will be in Germany on holiday for that whole week.

jaw
11-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Come join the fun! http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11600

thanks! Awesome! This looks fun. I think I may play around with this a bit today and see if I can get some inspiration going.

RobbyGirl
11-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I stopped by my local library today to return books and discovered they had a "Free" rack of used books. I helped myself to several with the thought of using the pages for this found Poetry a thon. No guilt books to tear into and cut up! I wanted to pass that on to those of you searching for sources to cut words from.

hayward_cs
11-17-2009, 10:18 PM
OOOOOOoooo!!! I NEVER thought of that. I should see when my FOL (friends of the Library) sale is and see if they have a free rack :D
Great Idea, RobbyGirl!

HHC
11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Our library in Bellingham has a free area year round... you can get some good books and some that are collage or altered book fodder too. We also have a used book store downtown that puts out boxes of free books. I got a fabulous old dictionary (in pieces) and some National Geographic magazines there. May need to go by again, although I really don't need any more fodder. LOL.

GoldenWolf
11-18-2009, 02:08 PM
I may try to play around with this idea ahead of time so I can join in. Have not done any a-thons in awhile!

RobbyGirl
11-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes HHC we have the free area year round too. Isn't that great!

So glad so many of you are planning to come out to play. This should be a wonderful "a-thon."

Amerasu
11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Sounds like fun, Amy. I'll try to participate if I'm around. :)

ArteDar
11-25-2009, 12:58 PM
AWESOME theme.....I wanna play too!

amyfaerie
11-25-2009, 01:39 PM
:) i think it will be a cool way to get some unique art from each other . . . i'm getting excited!

Evalila
11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Sounds great, I first must look if I have enough (english) bookpages to use :D

RobbyGirl
11-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow didn't even think about the language issue for our overseas friends! The next time we do this I'll plan to have pages ready to send off early to you guys. As for me, I'd love to trade for poems in different languages, especially if you'll be kind enough to translate for me! I'm so impressed by your bilingual skills anyway!

katilady
11-27-2009, 08:53 PM
yea, what robbygirl said!

Rogue Gal
11-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Me too - I'll trade for non-English poems if you'll translate :)

jaw
11-27-2009, 10:37 PM
LOL! I just sent a children's dictionary page to you Evalila! (in your ATART envelope) Hope you get it in time!!

Evalila
11-28-2009, 05:36 AM
Thanks so much! I found several english book pages, but will do cards in german, too, with a translation on the back of the cards. :D
I hope I can come up with anything good :twitcy:

Chamele
11-30-2009, 03:40 PM
this 'thon sounds totally fun! count me in!

I'd love to trade for foreign language poems too.

I've never tried blackout poetry before (or found for that matter)
this should be really exciting. I guess I best find me some printed matter to
disassemble!

GoldenWolf
11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks so much! I found several english book pages, but will do cards in german, too, with a translation on the back of the cards. :D
I hope I can come up with anything good :twitcy:

That is a cool idea, Evalila. :jiggy: Maybe my boyfriend (a translator) can help me so I can do some Japanese ones like that.

Joss
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
yahoooo i will be doing my 'thing' here in london this weekend, wouldn't miss it for the world. see ya later alligators!

AnnD
12-01-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm getting really excited! My husband brought a $1 book home from the library last night and said, "I hope this will work for the Found Poetry-a-thon!" I opened it to a page on which I saw "mumbo-jumbo," "devil's work," "diet Coke," and "hagiography." He got a big smooch for that, because that's pretty much found poetry heaven . . . :D

hayward_cs
12-01-2009, 06:12 PM
I think that I am going to go to the Dollar General store here in town (it is this cheap little chain store that is mostly in the mid-west/south) THey have obscure books there for a dollar or 2 that I think might be perfect for this kinda thing.

RobbyGirl
12-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Sounds like we are gearing up for a fabulous weekend of poetry and art! I'm so glad so many of you are joining us!!

hayward_cs
12-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Just to throw it out there, is it okay to use profanity? Not that I intend to, but ya never know what might end up working it's way into the mix. :D

Tamrantula
12-03-2009, 02:43 AM
This sounds so interesting and lots of fun....but, I think it is beyond my abilities! LOL

I am not sure I could make a poem out of mumbo-jumbo, diet coke, devil's work and whatever that iography thing is! LOL

I may try, just for fun to see what I can do....with LOTS of help and encouragement! LOL

RobbyGirl
12-03-2009, 03:16 AM
Yes do join us Tam we're all about encouragement!!

AnnD
12-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I am not sure I could make a poem out of mumbo-jumbo, diet coke, devil's work and whatever that iography thing is! LOL

Oh, dear. I didn't mean to make this sound all weird and screwy! I might be all weird and screwy, but that's not Found Poetry's fault! LOL!

I'm drawn to words like mumbo-jumbo and hagiography (the biography of a saint), and I think of them as my "core words" - the ones I want to build the poem around. But the poem doesn't happen until I add all of the other words: She, loved, the, his. Your core words could be completely different from mine, but we could both build great poems from the same page of text. How cool is that?!

As long as you are following the basic rules, you can't do it wrong - or at least I hope you can't! If you can, I'll find a way, I'm sure. :goofy:

amyfaerie
12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Tam, it's all about what you PERSONALLY find in a sheet of text, too. I was really jealous of AnnD's find . . . but I know other found poetry makers would not want that page at all. LOL! Come play with us and give it a shot!

Cheri, I think profanity's fabulous--and that's a fabulous question! If a card like that pops out, then go with it. If someone doesn't want it, they won't ask for it. :) I, however, might. lol.

I'm so freaking excited . . . omg . . . have to get a lot of grading done today so that I can play and be in the thread this coming weekend!

poeticpaper
12-03-2009, 04:22 PM
ok, I'm getting super excited here!! I'm ready to delve into another a-thon as I have missed the past view collage-a-thons, but this combines my two favorite things (poetry and collage) so I just CAN'T pass this one by. I don't care what plans I have this weekend, this is coming first in line!

RobbyGirl
12-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Woot! Glad you're joining us Poetic Paper.

So who hits Noon on Friday first? Looks like Grandma Chook gets the jump on the rest of us then Evalila, Joss, and Mushroom...can't wait to see the early cards!!! Us West Coasters get the late start.

Grandma chook
12-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I have done 3 so far in between visiting the Church Xmas Fayre and going to the monthly market to buy fruit and veg!!Will do more this afternoon as I am going to visit my daughter to be 'arty'!

RobbyGirl
12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Can't wait to see them!! Have fun with your Daughter!

Tamrantula
12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh, dear. I didn't mean to make this sound all weird and screwy! I might be all weird and screwy, but that's not Found Poetry's fault! LOL!

I'm drawn to words like mumbo-jumbo and hagiography (the biography of a saint), and I think of them as my "core words" - the ones I want to build the poem around. But the poem doesn't happen until I add all of the other words: She, loved, the, his. Your core words could be completely different from mine, but we could both build great poems from the same page of text. How cool is that?!

As long as you are following the basic rules, you can't do it wrong - or at least I hope you can't! If you can, I'll find a way, I'm sure. :goofy:

Those are actually fun words...I'm just good-naturely jealous of your talent in seeing poetry! I see words, and have to work to find the poetry!

poeticpaper
12-04-2009, 09:34 AM
I stopped at the library and picked up a few books to pull poetry out of! fun fun fun!! My daughter and I are going to the nail salon after work/school and then I'll be home around 6 to start my ATCs!!

poeticpaper
12-04-2009, 09:35 AM
doh, I thought it started at 5! If I knew it was noon, I would have brought some supplies to work! :)

Evalila
12-04-2009, 10:55 AM
I have a late start ´cause I´ve been busy all day. But now it´s almost 4 pm here and time to play a little. I´ll upload cards a soon as I finish them. :D Where are the other Europeans?

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! I'm counting down the hours and laying out my supplies. You lucky East Coasters (and MidWesterners) get to start in just a couple hours!

Bummer PP, maybe you can find some brochures or junk mail around work and at least start the poetry part or work out a black out poem that will only need mounting?

jaw
12-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I'll be back after work to see what y'all have done ... I may pull together a few ... :)

Cin Dee
12-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I can't wait to play, this is my first Thon......gotta love anything new.
Cin Dee

hayward_cs
12-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I have about an hour to go before I can start. I figure I'll get some lunch, set some things out, get in the 'zone'. ROFL
It's probably a good thing that I bought 3 books the other night though. 'Cuz I read them, and 2 of them are just really good. So I would feel odd cutting them up, even though they were only $1-ish. The third one SUCKED, majorly. So no qualms there. :laugh:

Chamele
12-04-2009, 01:02 PM
it's noon here my time ...wahooo!
(drags her muse off towards the art table and hopes for the best)

ArteDar
12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm ready! Soon as Amy puts up our thread I have some available cards to post....yah, I know....I'm fast....or something...ROFLMAO!

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Arte Dar, I believe we were planning on posting directly to this thread ;) So post away!

Joss
12-04-2009, 01:53 PM
been home 2 hours and have started, will post soooooooooon

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Can't wait to see the first cards posted
...tick tock...I still have 2 hours before I can start.

ArteDar
12-04-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1i_Kick_Off_Your_Shoes.jpgTRADED
#1 Kick Off Your Shoes

Evalila
12-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Okay, here are some cards from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_EsIstAbend.jpg Es ist Abend - "Wind in the treetops. Glorious colors in the sky. It is evening."

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Sch_neB_ume.jpg Schöne Bäume - " Beautiful trees take the heart by storm."

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Allein.jpg Allein - " Depressing clouds in the sky. Life - Love - Friends - Loss. I was alone." TRADED

Evalila
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh my, ArteDar, you´ve been really fast! Great cards!!:D

ArteDar
12-04-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1f_Just_Like_Me.jpg
#2 Just Like Me
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1g_Like_Hell.jpg
#3 Like Hell
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1j_You.jpgTRADED
#4 Red Roses

Chamele
12-04-2009, 02:16 PM
hello everybody,
so...this is the first time I've attempted 'found poetry'
I let my muse take over and
this is what I came up with.
I'm not exactly sure it's very 'poetic' but my muse said, "do it. ask later"
my question now is...does it qualify?
also, do we have to use the same resource for all my work this weekend?
same book, or same magazine, or does that rule apply to just each ATC?
thanks from the obvious new girl here :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4726/small/1_FPAT_nobody_we_like_does.jpg

ArteDar
12-04-2009, 02:16 PM
I had to start....going out soon and just didn't want to miss this weekend of fab art....hit me later!

ArteDar
12-04-2009, 02:25 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1h_The_Bee.jpgTRADED
#5 Bumble Bee
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1e_Who_Is_It.jpgTRADED
#6 Call Me
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1d_Foolish_Children.jpgTRADED
#7 Foolish Children
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1c_Dead_Wood.jpgTRADED
#8 Dead Wood
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1b_The_Woman_and_the_Wolf.jpg
#9 The Woman and the Wolf
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1a_This_Is_Perfect.jpgTRADED
#10 This Is Perfect

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 02:29 PM
WOW! What a fabulous start!

Yes Chamele your card qualifies, poetry is quite loosely defined these days and can be quite simple and still meaningful.

ArteDar sensational cards!

Evalila love that you did them in German!

Joss
12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
oooh yes i love what artedar and evalila and chamele have done, here are my first four (in my gallery too of course).

36362 traded

36364 traded

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Lovely cards Joss!

AnnD
12-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Stunning, everybody! I have to get busy!

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I have some errands to run so I can be back to start at noon. Amy will be here around 2:30 or 3pm ...have fun creating, see you all soon!

amyfaerie
12-04-2009, 03:16 PM
hey, all! i'm at work . . . i should be home by 2:30 pm pacific time, so i'll balance hanging out with creating, since i'll already be allowed to start playing. :) i'm so excited!

JoyFlower
12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
FABULOUS cards being posted!!! :D

CIndyjob
12-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I made one but it is not so great...however I now find I cannot even post it because I borrowed a scanner and seem to have too big a file to upload? Usually I take a picture of my cards with my webcam and post that way but with text it is all reversed *sigh* Here is the message I am getting...Sorry, CIndyjob: Bad File - No File or File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME Type anyone have any advice? Besides take my toys and go home?

poeticpaper
12-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Cindy, all you have to do is edit the size of the image. I have Microsoft Image Gallery which usually comes on most computers. Edit Image. You can cange the size or on some programs it says "Compress Picture" which makes the file smaller for uploading to the web. Do you have any image/picture editors on your computer??

AnnD
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Here's my first one!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4576/medium/1_Beauty___the_Bird.jpg
FPAT#1 "Beauty & the Bird" [Traded]

amyfaerie
12-04-2009, 04:32 PM
oooooh! awesome!

Chamele
12-04-2009, 04:58 PM
having a perfect day here to create (rainy and cold)
here's another...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4726/small/1_FPAT_in_america_to_spend.jpg

ArteDar
12-04-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1k_Damn_You.jpg
#11 Damn You
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1L_Don_t_it_look_that_way.jpg
#12 Don't it look that way

I'm on a roll....but don't put your wet work upside down....it will get ruined....this lil' gal HAD a teddy....but I still like it.

hayward_cs
12-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Alright, it's probably going to be a while before there's anything from me. I just cut part of my finger trying to cut blanks. :cry:

Ms Bunni
12-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

So I think I am going to attempt a few of these tonight I have not done Found poetry before but I am gonna give it a whirl. It may be tomorrow before I can post any. My nieces are coming tonight and they are geared up to make their own cards, I have a feeling my evening will be spent cleaning glue out of the carpet and glitter off the dog...wish me luck...:swoon:

BTW there are some GREAT cards already!!!!

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh no Cheri, I hope it's not too bad!!

AnnD
12-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Aack! I forgot to tell my dad I didn't want to play Magic tonight, and when he pulled into my driveway after an hour's drive, it didn't seem like the best time to say, "But I don't want to play Magic tonight!" In sum, this will be my last card for awhile. Sob!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4576/medium/1_Serial_Hagiography_-_Pillow.jpg
FPAT #2 Serial Hagiography [Traded]

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Here are my first two, with two more still drying.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Zombie_Cocktail.jpg #1 Zombie Cocktail Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Forgotten_Men.JPG #2 Forgotten Men Traded

Joss
12-04-2009, 06:19 PM
yours are such fun robbygirl, here are 3 more and i am off to bed...see ya ll tomorrow!! have on the other side of the pond, nitey nite.

36369 traded

complicious
12-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi, gang, I'm signing on. Love what I've seen so far, after a quick glance. I've posted my first 4 cards in my gallery; two I worked on during my lunch hour, so I used what I had at hand in the office.

I can never get the hang of links to the gallery, so here's a preview:

Chamele
12-04-2009, 06:24 PM
probably last one for the night for me here...but there's always tomorrow!
great art everybody, soooo much fun!!!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4726/small/1_FPAT_the_richness.jpg

dina54
12-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Woot! I usually miss out on these "A-Thons" because I work nights every w/e and sleep all day. BUT; here are 2 cards I managed to produce today. I'm off to work but I'll try and make a couple more in the morning before I go to bed.

Grandma chook
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Wonderful and inspiring cards so far! Great everyone!
I made it more difficult for myself yesterday as I only took a bag of scraps, old pages and some ATC backs to my daughter's with me. Here are mine so far:

Grandma chook
12-04-2009, 07:26 PM
And some more. How can I make them bigger?

They are all in my gallery also.

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Two More from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Dazed_Eyes.jpg Through Dazed Eyes #3 Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Image.jpg #4 Sing to Horses Traded

amyfaerie
12-04-2009, 07:52 PM
oh, gosh! everyones are fabulous! WOW! :) i'm finally here . . . i stopped at walmart, which was CRAZY, to get glue runner refills. got home, only to find out that the cashier didn't put them in my bag. sweet . . . back to walmart! ugh!

finally, i'm getting down to bizness!

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Glad you made it Amy how frustrating!

Here's another from me:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Flush.jpg #5 Flush TRADED

poeticpaper
12-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Okay gals, here are my first two attempts:

"Abstraction" and "Complex History"

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3005/small/1_complexhistory.jpgTRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3005/small/1_abstraction.jpgTRADED

I'm going to be posting my images large so you can see the words, which is what this event is all about to me...

HHC
12-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Fabulous art/poetry peoples!

I went to the Friends of the Library Used book sale today - it was half price day - and got a large bag of ephemera for $3.00. Some odd stuff and some interesting... anyway, that's what I'm going to play with this evening. We'll see what happens.

Oh, I also bought books, but none for cutting up. ;)

poeticpaper
12-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I purchased books at Friends of the Library yesterday in anticipation of today.

My book selections for this evening are:

The Art of Music copyright 1960 and
The Encyclopedia of Photography copyright 1962

They are both wonderfully full of words!!

amyfaerie
12-04-2009, 08:51 PM
very cool! i haven't been to a library sale here . . . i need to do it. :) i have my first three cards drying!

RobbyGirl
12-04-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm going to let you take over for awhile Miss Amy while I go on a hot movie date with my hubby :wub:

I'll check back in later this evening to see how everyone is doing!

amyfaerie
12-04-2009, 09:20 PM
lol! you have a good time, robin! :)

mrubyjean
12-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Wow...very cool work so far!

Here are my first three ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_dragonsfp.jpg Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_cocktailsfp.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_wordsfp.jpg Decided to Keep

Ms Bunni
12-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Ok, I managed to squeeze one in while I was helping my nieces with their cards...you can get glue out of hair...right!:eek:

oh, also I won't bore you with my lack of scanner speech...so just please excuse the yellow tint...

ArteDar
12-04-2009, 09:46 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1m_Cooking.jpg
#13 Cooking
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1n_What_I_Want.jpg
#14 What I Want
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1o_Famous.jpgTRADED
#15 Famous

Ms Bunni
12-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Love these too Dar! you are a card-makin' machine...

amyfaerie
12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
excellent cards, everyone! wow!

poeticpaper
12-04-2009, 10:17 PM
"glyphs" and "ebb and flow"

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3005/medium/1_glyphs.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3005/medium/1_ebbflow.jpg

ArteDar
12-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Did I answer everyone's PM? Hope so...I'll be watching!

poeticpaper
12-04-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm off to play Rock Band with hubby. See everyone in tomorrow afternoon!

Chamele
12-04-2009, 10:48 PM
and I thought I was done for the night
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4726/medium/1_FPAT_have_to.jpg

amyfaerie
12-04-2009, 10:55 PM
glorious! ;)

everyone's really creating some awesome cards!

jaw
12-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Looks great everyone. I'll try a few and see how it goes. Probably won't get a chance to play much until Sunday.

Evalila
12-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Here are three more from me, this time in English:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_BelieveInSomeone.jpg Believe in Someone

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_UnconditionalLove.jpg Unconditional Love TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Exhale.jpg Exhale

amyfaerie
12-04-2009, 11:57 PM
great work, evalila!

here's the first of mine . . .

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/large/1_FP--Narrow_Houses.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/large/1_FP--Loud__Good__Broken.jpg

katilady
12-04-2009, 11:59 PM
love yours amy!

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 12:00 AM
thanks, kati! :)

dina54
12-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Oooo, pretty, smoldering flesh ...cool cards Amy!

hayward_cs
12-05-2009, 12:51 AM
I *finally* have one drying! Hopefully I will get more accomplished tomorrow. (LOVE them Amy!!! :D)

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm back from my movie date, great cards everyone!

Grandma chook
12-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Woo hoo!!! Fabulous cards. Off to make some more as finished gardening and watching a movie with hubby.

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 01:15 AM
very cool, robin! :) i'm trying to plod along while grading a bit here and there, too. :)

VintageGlimmers
12-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Fantastico peoples!! I am in found poetry heaven and can't wait to get some cards made this weekend so I can hopefully nab some of the poetic goodness on display here. My art table has exploded over this past week and it will take me until tomorrow to clear the debris so I can get to the card supplies. But I've been deliriously happy sitting in a comfy chair cutting out poems tonight using torn pages from Great Expectations.

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Hmmm I still see you have your grumpy sign on...is it time to break out the wine and pass it around ;)

AnnD
12-05-2009, 01:36 AM
I have my foofy box wine going if anyone wants a glass! Love me some good, cheap grape!

You guys are making unbelievably great cards. I am glad to be back amongst you!

HHC
12-05-2009, 01:42 AM
foofy box wine... white, red or pink? ;)

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 01:44 AM
frankly, if you're gonna drink box wine, it should be pink. :laugh:

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 01:45 AM
i know, robin . . . i'll have to change my grumpy mood to something more positive. maybe "suspicious" or "worried." LOL!

ArteDar
12-05-2009, 01:51 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1P_Nightmare.jpgTRADED
#16 Nightmare

Most likely my last one tonight....fading fast....and wine would knock me out the rest of the way...ROFL....thanks for the offer....nothing better then drinking with friends!

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 01:59 AM
awesome! :)

what's awful is that it's only 10:00 pm here, and i think i'm packing it in, too. :)

AnnD
12-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Oh sorrow! I was just about to hand you a glass, Amy! It's red, HHC. ArteDar, you are cracking me up!

Here's my next. [Traded]

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 02:29 AM
I actually can't drink wine...think I must be a bit allergic, makes me flush deep red within seconds of drinking (lots of Robin Red Breast jokes...LOL) and then gives me terrible insomnia.

AnnD
12-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Oh dear! None for you then! :)

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 02:46 AM
My muse must be tired...I'll see you all tomorrow morning after I play tennis for a couple of hours :D

mrubyjean
12-05-2009, 02:46 AM
Ah...checking back in...and hearing talk of wine and I'm about to hit the pillow...probably because I drank red wine earlier...here are the resulting evening cards ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/large/1_warmthfp.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/large/1_Nowbereadyfp.jpg Traded

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 03:24 AM
Great cards MRubyJean!

Evalila
12-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Such great cards, everyone!

Think I´ll check in later again - hopefully with more cards! :D

Evalila
12-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Here are my latest cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FaithAndHope.jpg Faith and Hope

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_BookOfFlowers.jpg Book of Flowers TRADED

Joss
12-05-2009, 06:48 AM
good morning those of you that are awake by now. here are my 4 new ones -done over breakfast of fruit and soya yogurt (flavoured of course). have loadsa chores to do, but will be back and forth making and uploading, have fun those of you that are playing.

36389 traded

36390 traded

36391 traded

36392 traded

Joss
12-05-2009, 06:49 AM
eva these new ones are great too, i think we are the only two people awake now, on this side of the pond. good morning to you.

dina54
12-05-2009, 07:29 AM
LOL, I am awake because I work all night :D It's 0630 here and I will be heading home in about an hour. I'm going to try and make a few cards when I get there. I've cut out the words, now just need to find some pictures to go with them! I'll post cards as soon as I can.

Evalila
12-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks Joss, yours are great, too!

Here are the last cards for the next few hours. Will have to do some housework :arghh:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FullMoon.jpg Full Moon TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Yes_aDream.jpg Yes, a dream

complicious
12-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I'll take one of everything, please! Looking at what was produced during my overnight, I'm so impressed--gorgeous work. My latest from last night:

"Whales" is traded

Ms Bunni
12-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Ok, here are a few I did last night. I reposted my first with a better quality photo...PM if you are interested
36398 traded
36400traded

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
okay, everyone . . . i'm awake and scanning last night's cards. there are four more, one of which is below. i think i'm going to work on making some zetti cards today then add FP to them.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/large/1_FP--murder_was_the_iron.jpg

poeticpaper
12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
amyfaerie, i like your girl's hair!

HHC
12-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I love the creativity being posted! Wowzie! Here are two I did last night, I'm working on a couple, but am heading off to Seattle for the day so may not finish until later tonight.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_I_am_a_butterfly.jpg I am a butterfly http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_second_home.jpg Second Home (TRADED)

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 12:44 PM
great cards, HHC! have a good day in seattle!

HHC
12-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks! I'm going down for the Urban Craft Uprising (http://www.urbancraftuprising.com/)... it should be awesome! :)

dina54
12-05-2009, 12:52 PM
here's my last card for this morning. I gotta get some sleep! I'll check in before I leave for work tonight.

AnnD
12-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Lord, this group is good! Here's my first for today. [Traded]

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Sounds like fun HHC, awesome cards overnight everyone!

sniisk
12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
You all have made so many great cards! I don't have time to play this time and I don't have any text pages in English, Finnish, Swedish or French. I have just one page in German and one in Greek (can't understand those languages).

Chamele
12-05-2009, 01:43 PM
here's my first for the day. I made it large so you could read the tiny print.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4726/large/1_FPAT_engineered_dream.jpg

Joss
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM
i am enjoying this, and love all that's being done. keep going girls. here are my new ones.

36404 traded

36405 traded

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 02:46 PM
most excellent, everyone! wow! the gallery on the site is just filled with awesome, awesome stuff. :)

AnnD
12-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I am running so hard to keep up, but the faster I try to go, the more I feel like I need to add just one more demon! And one more demonic hand! Pant! Pant

Back to the table! [Traded]

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Ann I've Rep'd you too much...won't let me do it again..Fantastic Card!!!

AnnD
12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Thank you! I keep having that same problem! LOL!

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 04:07 PM
me, too! :) i LOVE that card, Ann!

AnnD
12-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks, Amy! :D

Here's my next one. I'm taking a break to hang decorations, and then I'm back at it! [Traded]

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Ann, I've uploaded a few more . . . pick one!

everyone, I'm probably going to duck out of making any more for a while, to work on getting some writing done. :) I'll be checking in, though!

complicious
12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
This is such a busy weekend for me, that I'm just eeking cards out when I get the chance! I've posted two more in my gallery. I'll be back to play (i.e., answer emails and look at all the contributions since I last looked!) in a few hours. Must grade papers, must grade papers, must...

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I just create slowly, I've had plenty of time LOL...art is always a bit of a birth for me :eek:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_The_Gift.jpg #6 The Gift TRADED

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 06:20 PM
oooh, nice one, robin!

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks Amy, that one took me so long but these next to just kind of jumped out at me!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_Media_Goddess.jpg#7 Media Goddess

Ms Bunni
12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Back from Christmas Shopping! Wowit was a little wild:wacko:
I think I touched on all my PM's...Dinner and a little gift wrapping before I am back on to play. Great cards Everyone!

RobbyGirl
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Okay, one more from me, now I'm off for a little lunch break then back to find new inspiration. Please PM me if you care to trade!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Sincerety.jpg #8 Sincerity TRADED

Joss
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
oooh robby this card is fabadabdoo, here are my last three for today, it is midnight in merry ole england and i better go to bed before i turn into a witch!

Rogue Gal
12-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Due to a grueling week, I'm late arriving to this party, but am so impressed by the wonderful, profound, creative cards you all have been producing - brava!!

Here are my first few:

36420 "Come Drink Tea" Traded

36421 "Blue Holiday"

36422 "Escort Services" Traded

AnnD
12-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Great cards!

Here are two from me, the first one already traded. I am going to do one more and take a break to hang out with hubby. [Both Traded]

poeticpaper
12-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice cards, Rogue Gal!

ArteDar
12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Aha....at last I have my trades updated in the thread and gallery....if anyone would like to have a trade now you know what I have AND I'd love to send them to new homes....this has been fun and I think I might get a few more made....time will tell. To be honest making art on demand is VERY DRAINING! and especially on found poetry I find it to be very challenging....but Amy makes it look easy~peasy!!!
I would like to pester her for another....but I'm afraid if she sees one more of my PM's she'll go....oh chit!not dar again!!!!

amyfaerie
12-05-2009, 10:10 PM
LMAO, dar! i have a few peeps to catch up with . . . i fell asleep watching a movie on my couch! LOL!

Rogue Gal
12-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks so much Bethany! Here's another:

36430 "Deceptive Birds"

poeticpaper
12-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Red Light Special:

Here is my 5th card, "Do-it-yourself"

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3005/small/1_Do-it-yourself.jpgTRADED

theweavershand
12-05-2009, 10:52 PM
what a great idea! ill be watching what you guys come up with and create if I have the time tomorrow.

complicious
12-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh, theweavershand, come join us! It's really easy to get into the zone with this style of card.

2 long phone calls have kept me from playing in this thread as much as I'd have liked to, but I do have a couple more cards in my gallery:

AnnD
12-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Great cards, poeticpaper, rogue gal, and complicious!

This will be my last card for several hours, if not for the night. I have to fall asleep watching a movie on MY couch (mostly because I want to do everything amyfaerie does). [Traded]

Ms Bunni
12-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Finally have some dry...
36435True Love

36436Who's Tipsy?

Might have one more in me tonight...we'll see!:D

complicious
12-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Fun cards, Ms. B!

Chamele
12-06-2009, 12:13 AM
awesome card poeticpaper...red light special lol clever!
now you've got me thinking, wonder if I can make a 'blue light special' card
(digs through her stuff)

awesome art everyone, so inspiring! hope to get to do this more tomorrow
I think I'm gonna try the 'fall asleep on the couch' method too

amyfaerie
12-06-2009, 01:24 AM
LOL! Ann, you're too funny. I have gotten back from to doing a bit of christmas shopping--the hubs is getting a Wii. :)

i'll be around online for a little while . . . and i'm really loving what people are turning out! wow!

jaw
12-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm giving this a try. You have all done some very cool cards! Here's my first attempt
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_found_poetry_001.jpgFP #1TRADED

ArteDar
12-06-2009, 01:43 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1q_Bird_Air_and_Hair_bl_w.jpgTRADED
This is just for fun 'cause it looks kewl in the negative...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1q_Bird_Air_and_Hair_reg.jpgTRADED
# ? I forget! TIRED YEAH!
I have 4 more sitting in front of me unfinished....well, there's always tomorrow.

I LOVE what ya'll have been making! Wish I could pin ya'll down for a trade...but, need some rest. Have fun!

poeticpaper
12-06-2009, 02:04 AM
amyfaerie - hubby and I got a Wii a couple of weeks ago. Great fun! We've been playing Rock Band every night together and we also get to play games with our daughter, which she loves.

I'm heading into dreamland for the night. I have mostly all day to play tomorrow, so I hope I can create some more cards!

night!

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Hurray!! I have 2. :twitcy:
Between the finger and being gone for most of the day, this hasn't gone so well for me LOL
Tomorrow, I'm locking myself in and making cards 'til I can't see straight.

ETA ~ Both of these have been TRADED :D

amyfaerie
12-06-2009, 02:46 AM
oh, wow, cheri & dar & jaw . . . great stuff!

i'm hoping the Wii gives us something to do together . . . as i'm tired of being a Madden Widow, because that's all he plays on the Playstation. :)

jaw
12-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Here's a few more ...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_found_poetry_002.jpgFP#2TRADED http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_found_poetry_003.jpgFP #3

Rogue Gal
12-06-2009, 03:12 AM
36447 "Sugar Words" On Hold

36448 "The Way She Began"

jaw
12-06-2009, 03:15 AM
hmmm ... I think I need to be more "poetic" .... back to the books ...

HHC
12-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Here's one I finished tonight... it's darker in real life.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Crying_Noise.jpg

Now it's off to bed for me. It's been a long day and I get to work in the morning...

Rogue Gal
12-06-2009, 04:16 AM
I think this is it for tonight. Hopefully my muse will want to play tomorrow.

36449 "Bitter Chocolate"

36450 "Winter's Skeletons"

grrrdjules
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Saw some of these in the gallery and just had to come play for a bit!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_FPAT_hindsight.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_FPAT_DoYou-.jpg

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Welcome GrndJules, so happy you came to play, great cards!

amyfaerie
12-06-2009, 11:44 AM
OOOOOH! great late night/morning cards! :)

poeticpaper
12-06-2009, 12:14 PM
amyfaerie, I was a WoW Widow (World of Warcraft) but he hasn't played once since we got the Wii) It's like a miracle!

Ms Bunni
12-06-2009, 12:19 PM
uhh I am a WOW Widow too! but sadly the wii doesn't sway him for long:(

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Ahh "WOW" my hubby doesn't play but it's definitely a big part of my Son's world! I am a Wind Widow, my husband is a Kite Surfer/Sailor, fortunately it's a fair weather addiction so I'm only widowed for the Summer :P

Ms Bunni
12-06-2009, 12:22 PM
This will be my last one I think, we have a lot to do today, including Christmas pics @4...oh and my printer is out of ink! I still have a few in my gallery if anyone is interested, let me know!

Great Work everyone!

amyfaerie
12-06-2009, 12:26 PM
very cool! i'm crossing my fingers about the Wii, then . . . :) i am glad he's never picked up WoW.

anyhow, have a good day, Ms. Bunni!

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I bought the girls a Wii on Friday :D Now, if I can just refrain from breaking into the box and playing it myself before Christmas. LOL

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 12:56 PM
It is a lot of fun, we got ours 2 Christmases ago and it's still in active use!

amyfaerie
12-06-2009, 01:08 PM
yay! :)

I have a few more done, too, that i started last night. my studio is a wreck, so i might not have any more cards up for a while, but i'll be around. :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/large/1_FP--women_and_their_domiciles.jpg

Joss
12-06-2009, 01:15 PM
helllloooo everyone, i bet you thought i had run away! been doing so many household chores all day grrrrrrr. here are my last three, please give me a pm for my cards...been such fun, loved doing this, astounded myself by making 21 cards!!!! thanx amy and robin for hosting. xxx

36455 traded

36457 traded

Joss
12-06-2009, 01:18 PM
amy yours are fantasmagorious!

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Ooooo! Amy, I like that one :D Everyone has been making some FANTASTIC Poetry this weekend.

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 02:13 PM
A couple more:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/3_Image__2_.jpg #9 Escape TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_Image__3_.jpg
#10 Spite and Malice

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Here are a couple more from me :wub: Mine always seem to come out dark and twisty. Wonder why?

HHC
12-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Great cards since last night! I'm off to work in a few minutes, but wanted to check in with you all before heading out. Keep up the great creating!

HHC
12-06-2009, 02:18 PM
eek! hayward_cs... those are dark and twisted. ;)

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 02:20 PM
eek! hayward_cs... those are dark and twisted. ;)

I know, right! LOL I don't try to make them like that. They just come out that way :skeptical:

AnnD
12-06-2009, 02:32 PM
hayward cs, those are delightfully dark and twisty!

Here's my first for today.

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 03:03 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Image__5_.jpg#11 Her Beauty Traded

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
I love Dark and Twisted! Now I have to fight Annie for them...LOL:shocked:

jaw
12-06-2009, 03:32 PM
here's one from this morning
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/2_found_poetry_001.jpgFP #4

AnnD
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Watch out, RobbyGirl! I've got serious dukes!

Here's my next - and possibly, my penultimate. I'm calling it, "Right Back to the Graveyard with You, Mister!"

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 04:14 PM
after that card I am frightened...LOL

AnnD
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM
LOL! I made the poem yesterday, and I was scratching my head trying to think what I could do to illustrate it. So naturally, I figured . . . a mad scientist stepping out on his zombie wife by trying to reanimate a mistress! I mean, at some point the story just writes itself! (Hahaha.)

grrrdjules
12-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Ooooooh! Good stuff. Amy, I just looked in your gallery and your news cards are fab - I'm wiping drool off my chin! Two more from me and I'm going to start my spaghetti sauce and then make more while it simmers!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_FPAT_BeautifulThings.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_FPAT_Babies.jpg

katilady
12-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Watch out, RobbyGirl! I've got serious dukes!

Here's my next - and possibly, my penultimate. I'm calling it, "Right Back to the Graveyard with You, Mister!"

want!!! awesomeness!

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I have no idea where this stuff comes from. I seriously think that I am going to quit making these 'cuz they just seem to be getting more and more wrong.
I seriously hope that this one doesn't piss people off. If it does, I'll take it down.

This card has been TRADED :D

(Attachment removed by request)

amyfaerie
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
but when you're wrong, you're oh-so-right, cheri . . . you're kicking out some GREAT cards! :)

katilady
12-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I have no idea where this stuff comes from. I seriously think that I am going to quit making these 'cuz they just seem to be getting more and more wrong.
I seriously hope that this one doesn't piss people off. If it does, I'll take it down.

this is my fave of all the cards, but then i am a freak! :D

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Don't stop Cheri, they just keep getting better!

amyfaerie
12-06-2009, 05:14 PM
i think that sometimes you have to stop looking for found poetry to start finding the really GOOD found poetry . . . that's my strategy. :)

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks so much for the comments all. :D I have another one that I am working one that I just don't know if I can finish (or post when it's done.)

AnnD
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
This card has been TRADED :D

(Attachment removed by request)

Dang it, I think I missed some excitement! I bet I WOULD have liked the card! LOL!

I keep telling myself I'm going to stop, but the truth is . . . I can't quit you, Found Poetry-a-Thon!

mrubyjean
12-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Worked yesterday at the library and 'found' some poetry but couldn't create the cards until this morning ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/large/1_chewingfp.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/large/1_cosmicmusicfp.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/large/1_pianistfp.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/large/1_foreverfp.jpg Traded

complicious
12-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Great work, all! Here are my latest:

Grandma chook
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
It was unbearably hot here over the weekend, 100 degrees on Saturday and over 100 on Sunday! My muse deserted me I am afraid but I did a few more last night but now our scanner has packed up! Hubby is trying to fix it today!!:eek:

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Again, if this bothers anyone, I will take it down. :D (I'm kinda sad that the eyeball stamps didn't show up in the photo. LOL)

I don't know how many more I will get done before the cut off. I have to get the girls into the bath before school tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get a couple more done before Midnight LOL

This one has been TRADED :D

Joss
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
wow you girls are still cooking out there. go girls go xx

katilady
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Again, if this bothers anyone, I will take it down. :D (I'm kinda sad that the eyeball stamps didn't show up in the photo. LOL)

I don't know how many more I will get done before the cut off. I have to get the girls into the bath before school tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get a couple more done before Midnight LOL

you keep posting ones i want!

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 07:05 PM
you keep posting ones i want!

ROFL Ditto :yes:

ArteDar
12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1s_My_Feather.jpg
#20 My Feather
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/234/1_1r_Little_Dragon.jpgTRADED
#21 Little Dragon

Posting 2 more....gonna catch up on PM's and what's been posted and available....I bet I'll be drooling all over the keyboard!

poeticpaper
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Man, I missed some major action while I was away this afternoon! I'm catching up on PMs, then it's bath time for my girl. And hopefully after she's in bed I can squeeze in a few more cards.

There should be an a-thon every weekend, imo!

Rogue Gal
12-06-2009, 07:49 PM
There should be an a-thon every weekend, imo! I completey agree!

36479 "Run-Down Musty Families"

36480 "In the Twilight"

RobbyGirl
12-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow you guys the fantastic cards just keep coming!

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Here's another one :D Perhaps a little less Dark and Twisty (I'm tryin' here :laugh: )

This card is TRADED :D

poeticpaper
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
It was my own personal goal/challenge to make a Christmas themed found poetry card, so here it is:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3005/small/1_Family.jpgTRADED

grrrdjules
12-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I can't believe how much fun this is!!! After weeks of art-for-money which rocks, I love money, this has been the best day I could ever hope for to relax my art muscles! Thank you Amy and RobbyGirl for hosting this coolest-ever-a-thon.

And cheri, your cards are impactful and I am blown away.

And on that note, Uranus...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_FPAT_Yer_Anus.jpg

Rogue Gal
12-06-2009, 09:04 PM
36483 "Black Silhouetted Growing Gloom"

I'm not quite ready to give this one up, but wanted to share.

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 09:10 PM
I can see why you want to keep that to yourself :yes: It is lovely

hayward_cs
12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
On a side note, I made my best friend cry today, which makes me feel like an ass. Some things just strike too close for comfort. (She likes to see the things I make, so I showed her some of the cards I made this weekend.)