PDA

View Full Version : OS G-38 Hand Drawn Journal Pages, Circle Journal Group

flashviv
02-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Welcome to our new home, isn't it wonderful.

Great to see you again Purplecat, AnneY and Jankersan, hopefully we will see MoonFairy and Lost_Lenore very soon.

You are going to kill me because when I realized the other site was going down I didn't copy the first post of our thread. So I'll need you to let me know who you have traded pages with already. I feel like a terrible circle journal mum, but the OS closed down so much quicker than I thought it would (like that is any excuse!!)

Can you let me know your theme and page size, I'm workin off memory here and no doubt need to make some corrections/additions - thank you

Themes and page sizes

PurpleCat - Angels, Celestial 8"x8"
AnneY - Birds 8"x8" pages
Jankesan - Comics 8"x8" pages
MoonFairy - Dreamland: Fantasy, Nature and the 4 seasons combined 8"x8" pages
Flashviv - People 8"x8"
Lost_Lenore -

Round 1
Flashviv - Purplecat
Moonfairy - AnneY
LostLenore - Jankersan

Round 2
Flashviv - AnneY
Purplecat - Jankersan
MoonFairy - Lost_Lenore

Round 3 (current round)
Flashviv - Jankersan
Purplecat - MoonFairy
Lost_Lenore - AnneY

Round 4 - April 1st
Purplecat - Lost_Lenore
Jankensan - AnneY
Flashviv - MoonFairy

Round 5 - May 1st
Purplecat - AnneY
Lost_Lenore - Flashviv
Jankersan - MoonFairy

purplecat
02-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Ok heres my list;

round 1 =purplecat-flashviv ( Completed)

round 2 = purplecat-Jankensan (Completed)

round 3 = purplecat-moonfairy (Completed)

round 4 = purplecat-lost lenore

round 5 = purplecat-AnneY

I won't start Lost lenore's then until she appears!

Glad to be back, I am loving this circle journal group!

AnneY
02-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm in the round 3 (due March 1st) with Lost_Lenore and I have her e-mail address, so it should be fine!

April 1st = Jankensan - AnneY
May 1st = purplecat - AnneY

Anne

jankensan
02-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi all! I'm here.
I don't know my trades off the top of my head, I will have to look when I get home! (If I managed to get them, I only had time to print a few threads...-eek:eek:) . I have finished your pages Flashviv, they're on Flickr, but haven't had chance to put them on here yet.

I'm so excited about our new home, I feel refreshed and eager to go again!

flashviv
02-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Thank you for givng me this info, I think I have recreated the trade list but please let me know if I have mucked it up! AnneY could you email Lost_Lenore for us and direct her to this new site, she might have missed where we are since the old site closed down so quickly. Thanks

flashviv
02-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Jankersan I just went to Flickr but couldn't find a link to your pages, could you post the link here, I am dying to see them. I am still working on your pages and will let you know as soon as they are ready to go.

AnneY
02-23-2008, 07:43 AM
In round 1 I was with Moonfairy,

Anne

jankensan
02-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi Flashviv, I tried to upload them here, but they are too big. I will re-scan and try on a lower resolution. Hmn, I'm sure I did them on the lowest res...! I'm rubbish on computers, so my other half is going to have a go for me after he's finished his movie :jiggy:

AnneY
02-24-2008, 03:29 PM
jankensan: if you see the configuration of the scanner called "dpi" (dot per inch), set in to 72, it should be OK, another solution is to set unit for the dimension of the picture to "pixel" and set the size to 600 pixels.

Hope it helps!

Anne

purplecat
02-25-2008, 06:20 AM
Hs lost lenore turned up yet?

Moonfairy
02-25-2008, 06:50 AM
Here I am :D
Been at my parents house for the weekend.

flashviv
02-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Hi MoonFairy, so good to see you. Hope you had a lovely time visiting your parents.

Thanks AnneY for the extra info I think I have worked out all the rounds now.

As yet PurpleCat we have had no word from Lost_Lenore, I have tried sending an email and I think that AnneY is on the job too.

You know I haven't got everybodies themes up there, I will have a go at remembering them now but please correct me if needs be. You will also have to let me know your page sizes, I only remembered the ones I've worked on. Thanks

Moonfairy
02-26-2008, 06:52 AM
My theme is Moonfairys Dreamland:

Theme 1: Moonfairy`s Dreamland: Fantasy, Nature and the 4 seasons combined
Details: 8x8 (20 x 20 cm), 2-page spread (one of them must include artist info worked into the artwork somehow). I`m looking for fairies, dragons, elfs, gnomes, mermaids/mermen, phoenix, unicorns, griffins, pegasus, brownies, tree/mushroom houses, castles and other fantasy creatures worked into a landscape with one of the four seasons. Other animals, insects, birds etc are also welcomed as long there`s at least one fantasy creature in the artwork.
I don`t want "dark" fantasy btw.

Here`s my list:

Round 1 - completed
Moonfairy - AnneY

Round 2 - completed
MoonFairy - Lost_Lenore

Round 3 - completed
Purplecat - MoonFairy

Round 4 - April 1st
Flashviv - MoonFairy

Round 5 - May 1st
Jankersan - MoonFairy

flashviv
02-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks MoonFairy, I have edited the list

jankensan
02-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Ok! The images are in my gallery, now just to figure out how to put them in a thread! Sorry ladies, I just don't go well with technology....:eek:

jankensan
02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=2413&w=l
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=2414&w=o

WOOHOO! Got there in the end! lol what an evening figuring that one out, doh!

flashviv
02-27-2008, 04:03 AM
These are great Jankersan, thanks so much, I will let you know when they arrive. .......and well done you on mastering technology

flashviv
02-28-2008, 06:01 AM
Just letting everyone know that I will be away for the next week, back on Monday March 10, we have a week off and will be away picking up a new camper unit that slides on to the back of our ute and then taking it for a bit of a trip.

Our mail out date for Rnd 3 is March 1 and I'm pretty sure that Purplecat, MoonFairy and Jankersan have already got their pages mailed. So the rest of us will need to get them happening. AnneY I wouldn't mail Lost_Lenore's pages until she checks in here with us and lets us know she wants to continue on.

Jankersan I will be putting finishing touches on your pages over the weekend and they will be in the mail Monday but I will have to post photos of them here when I get back.

Talk to you all then.

AnneY
02-28-2008, 10:46 AM
You're right, my pages are not ready, by I e-mailed Lost lenore and wait for her answer (I owe two pages to somebody else, once that is done I'll anyway make some Hansel and Gretel pages).

Anne

jankensan
02-29-2008, 04:31 PM
My pages are ready for posting, I will go in the morning to make the deadline! What a week! I don't know if it was the site closing for a week or so, or just the time of year (end of financial year looming), but I seem to be about a week behind in everything!
Have a nice time Flashviv!

purplecat
03-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Flashviv hope you had a nice trip!
Has Lost lenore turned up yet? I dont want to start on her pages if she isnt here!

AnneY
03-11-2008, 04:49 PM
No sign of lost Lenore, sorry.

Anne

jankensan
03-13-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm almost 100% sure she won't turn up....It's been weeks now :eek:

The forums seem really quiet overall. Hope everyone is well!

purplecat
03-13-2008, 03:41 AM
Ok I need Flashviv to tell me what to do! I should be exchanging pages with lostlenore now so do I just miss her out? The next person on my list (and the last) is AnneY, but she wont be ready to do my page for a while.

flashviv
03-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Purplecat, I agree that Lost Lenore doesn't look like she is going to turn up. So there is little point in preparing pages for her. We were talking about making a set of pages for our own journals and showing them here, how about if we use our turn with Lost-Lenore to do that, what does everyone think?

Jankersan, your fabulous journal pages have arrived. The intricate shading really does make them great drawings. Thank you.

I had a great holiday. Unfortunatey the 'finishing touches' I did to your comic pages overworked them. I was doing them in black trying to make them look like a newspaper comic but I had to start all over again. So my caped crusaders are now coming to you in colour (a medium that I'm much more confident using). Here is Batman and WonderWoman is still doing her hair and will be ready for viewing tomorrow!!

Have just tried loading up my art but the computer says no! I will give it a go again later......... Still won't let me load up into my gallery but I can put it on as a thumbnail here to give you an idea.

Sincere apologies for not getting these ready by the due date, I honestly thought that I would. It is an awful feeling not to make the deadline but I just couldn't this time.

Moonfairy
03-16-2008, 06:22 AM
Heeeeelp, april is getting closer :shocked:

I`ll start on your pages tonight flashviv ;)

Oh and that Batman page is so cool :)

jankensan
03-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Wow that's awesome! Great! Never mind about the date, I'd rather have great pages late, than pages you're not sure about early, :)
April certainly is creeping up on us, time flies!

Moonfairy
03-18-2008, 07:24 AM
This is a work in progess for the moment. I`m not sure what to add... a poem, text, swirly branches, or ......

flashviv
03-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Jankersan, thank you so much for your patience becaus I'm seriously doubting WonderWoman's good intentions, her hair is truly out of control.

Moonfairy I love these pages, before I read your message I looked at them and thought I'd love to see some text here so a poem would be my vote.

Moonfairy
03-18-2008, 08:15 AM
A poem it is then :)

Do you have any favourite poem you would like to have there?

flashviv
03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Moonfairy I would love to leave the choice of the poem to you, share one of your favourites with me.

Moonfairy
03-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Okay, I`ll look through my favourites ;)

flashviv
03-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Hello, just checking in to see how you all are going. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

Garry has just received the news that he has a new job in a town called Dubbo which is about 250km from the town we now live in. So we have been busy resigning our present jobs and doing all the things you need to do when you have to relocate. We move at the end of April but I have a feeling that time is going to come around sooner rather than later.

Jankersan I still haven't got your pages in the mail and feel very horrible about being so late with them, when they do go postal you can be assured there will be a surprise in the package for you to thank you for your patience (not that you have had much choice but you have been very kind about my lateness).

jankensan
03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Linda, please don't worry! I am relaxed about the wait, so no need to worry!
I'm just checking in to let you all know why I have laid right off swapping and posting recently. I've had a tough month at work, and I also have oral exams looming (next week, eek!) for my Chinese class, so I have been rather stressed....
AnneY, I am really looking forward to working on your pages this weekend (it will be a welcome break from revision), and I think I will have the out in the post by the first (touch wood).
I'm just about to post in the forums that I will be taking a break, so I didn't want any of you to think I was going missing! I'll check in daily as far as I can and keep to the deadlines for this group :D
As soon as I have things more under control here on the home front I will be back to full strength....:biglaugh:

AnneY
03-28-2008, 02:41 AM
AnneY, I am really looking forward to working on your pages this weekend (it will be a welcome break from revision), and I think I will have the out in the post by the first (touch wood).

We're pretty much in line, I'll start yours this weekend too!

No sign of Lost Lenore.

Anne

Moonfairy
03-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Here`s your finished pages flashviv. I`ve used a poem by Lord Byron :)

Better picture that shows true colors added :D

jankensan
03-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Your pages are always beautiful, wonderful work!

Moonfairy
03-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Thank you so much Jankesan :)
I`ll start on your pages soon ;)

flashviv
03-30-2008, 03:27 AM
finally!!! Wonder Woman is ready to grace us with her presence ... your pages are in the mail Jankersan ... here she is

flashviv
03-30-2008, 04:09 AM
Moonfairy, my pages are wonderful, the poem is excellent. I have started on your pages so they will be ready to go by the end of the week.

jankensan
04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Just checking in to say hi and let you all know I'm still here!

purplecat
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
hey I am still here too!

AnneY
04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi, I just received my pages from jankensan: cute penguins and a wonderful owl. Thanks so much! I'm just blushing :embarrassed: because on my side I just have a concept and a few sketches...

Anne

flashviv
04-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Good to see everyone is around. Moonfairy here are your fantasy pages, I was inspired by a fantasy book I'm reading at the moment about liveships and their journeys (including fighting serpents at sea). They are in the post to you tomorrow.

flashviv
04-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Looks like round 5 is a quite one for me since I was to swap with Lost_Lenore.

Moonfairy
04-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Oh those pages are great flashviv, and my first "at sea" ones for my journal :)
Thank you so much :)

AnneY
04-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Here is the point I reached yesterday on jankensan pages. Should I ink it once I'm finished or is it fine as graphite?

jankensan
04-08-2008, 05:16 PM
They're looking great! You decide on the ink!

Flashviv your wonderful pages and book arrived today, thank you so much! I have read the first few chapters and she's brilliant :biglaugh:

flashviv
04-09-2008, 05:57 AM
glad they arrived and you like them Jankersan

AnneY
04-09-2008, 03:29 PM
The pages will stay graphite (I just realized I only made graphite pages!). Page 1 needs fixative, still working on page 2.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=8411&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=8411)

I showed the drawing to my son and he recognized himself except in devil/knight, and the "princess" is just "a girl".

Anne

flashviv
04-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Anney, great pages, really nice to see the progress from sketched to finished. That is so funny that your son doesn't see you as the princess you really are!!

AnneY
04-10-2008, 04:56 PM
The pages will be shipped tomorrow or on Saturday!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=8411&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=8411)http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=8582&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=8582)

I really enjoyed these. Now, I need to get an idea for the last thread.

Anne

jankensan
04-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Wonderful! Can't wait :)

purplecat
04-22-2008, 11:31 AM
I have just realised I need to get on with Anney's pages! Heres me thinking I have all the time in the world!

AnneY
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I have just realised I need to get on with Anney's pages! Heres me thinking I have all the time in the world!

And I have to work on yours!

jankensan, I hope my latest pages will arrive soon. It sounds like taking too much time to me?

Anne

jankensan
04-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Anne! They arrived OK! And they're wonderful.

Actually I've had a really bad coupld of weeks. I slipped a disc in my lower back and ended up with sciatic pain as well, so I've been totally out of action--- no walking, cleaning, dog walking...all my favourite pasttimes....:goofy:

I think I may be a few days late posting out the next round. I have so much to catch up on from the past two weeks, I'm sorry about this!

AnneY
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Glad the cards arrived, and very sorry to hear about your sciatic pain!

flashviv
04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Moonfairy, I got your wonderful pages today, I love they Bryon Poem you put with them.

purplecat
04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
AnneY I have just uploaded your pages, I have done a puffin page, since I live by the sea!

4743 4742

I hope you like them!
Thats my last official pages done! Just need your address AnneY so I can get them in the post to you.

Moonfairy
04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
jankesan I`m working on your pages right now, so they will also be a few days late ;)

I had a hard time figuring how to make your pages... drawing comics isn`t really my cup of coffee, lol. But finally I decided to make a drawing from a Norwegian cartoon called Nemi (created by Lise Myhre). I love love love Nemi :D

jankensan
05-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Moonfairy :)

It was the same for me, to fit fantasy/ nature themes into my style...but it was fun trying! I have completed your first page. I plan on finishing the second this week, so mine will be late too:embarrassed: I think it's always better to send something great late than something rushed early!

flashviv
05-06-2008, 02:42 AM
We have just moved towns, boy have I had a busy couple of weeks, great to see that you are getting your final pages completed. I have almost got the new house all set up and will be able to start getting in to some art again.

purplecat
05-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Peace and Love in your new home Flashviv!

flashviv
05-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks PC, it is a great new home and I do feel very happy to be here.

purplecat
05-07-2008, 02:31 AM
AnneY I have posted your pages yesterday, so they should be with you soon- hope you like them!

AnneY
05-07-2008, 07:45 AM
purplecat, I will let you know when I get them. O my side, I have to apologize, I'm actually very late and I will be on holidays next week, I'll probably post the page on my return.

Anne

purplecat
05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey AnneY no rush, I am off to US in 2 weeks so I wanted to catch up before I went!

jankensan
05-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi all! Just checking in. Moonfairy your pages are ready! Please can you PM me your addy? Thanks! Sorry again for the delay, had more back problems. Been to Osteopath now and things are getting better, but still stiff and sore and still no dog walking :(:(

Flashviv, are you settling in well? I remember taking a while to 'relax' after moving to current house!:err:

flashviv
05-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Jankersan, I am settling in better than well, just love the new house, it just has the best backyard outdoor area and after 3 years of not having one in our last house we are really enjoying this.

Moonfairy
05-13-2008, 06:57 AM
jankesan, a pm with my address is coming up. I finished your pages last night ;)

AnneY
05-22-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm done, this drawing is done after a painting from Zurbaran:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=15281&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=15281)http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=15280&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=15280)

I just need to write something in the blank area and send them!

Moonfairy
05-24-2008, 05:30 AM
jankesan, your pages arrived today :)
Thank you so much, I love them (and my hair was strangly enough just like the little girls hair today). Your pages should be right around the corner ;)

jankensan
05-24-2008, 06:01 AM
Wow those pages are awesome AnneY!
Thanks Moonfairy, glad you liked them! Again, sorry they were so late.

flashviv
05-27-2008, 05:20 AM
Anney, I love your pages, your drawing skills are wonderful, what beautiful work.

AnneY
06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm a bit worried, I sent pages to Australia on the same day and they arrived already...

purplecat
06-07-2008, 03:29 PM
AnneY your pages are here! I have been in the US for 2 weeks just got back yesterday. I am blown away by how good they are, you sure do have some talent!!
I am very lucky to have them, thanks for doing them for me xx