PDA

View Full Version : G-1, Circle Journal "Water Wizards" Round Two

Pages : [1] 2

Jan
02-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Another Circle Journal for watercolorists to give and receive journal pages. We will start sometime the end of March, right now just visioning a new excited group of artist for this journey. Realizing this to be a long term journay of one set of pages a month. Would like to keep the group at 6 participants. Right now waiting for interested artist to join. Any questions please PM me.

Crafter412: 6X6 side-by-side with personal info on back, theme: Rooms
Whitemoth: 6X6 side-by-side, theme: Louis Comfort Tiffany
OrganicMama: 6X6 side by side, theme: Sushi
livia: 6X6 side-by-side, theme: Landscapes
pschafe1:6X6 side-by-side with personal info and decoration on back, theme: Childrens Literature (anything between Nursery Rhymes to Harry Potter)
Jan: 6X6 side-by-side, theme: Porches

Jean
02-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Another Circle Journal for watercolorists to give and receive journal pages. We will start sometime the end of March, right now just visioning a new excited group of artist for this journey. Realizing this to be a long term journay of one set of pages a month. Would like to keep the group at 6-7 participants. Right now waiting for interested artist to join. Any questions please PM me.

Hi, Jan!
There's a limit of six participants in a circle journal. The leader pairs them up for monthly trading, so the partners make pages for each other, so seven participants wouldn't work.

Are you just trying to find out who would be interested in a watercolour cj group?
cheers,
jean

adriayna
02-24-2008, 04:07 PM
We had an old watercolor group at the OS. It was me, lisa, purple, crafter412, jan, seraphic...I'm missing someone! :P

Jan
02-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks Jean for questioning, I was not sure what the "new" policy was. We were a group of 9. What I was hoping is that we could generate another group but it is certainly open to new watercolorists. Those who participated in first group could certainly sign up but I'm sure they all will not. It would be fun to have some new artist in this group. It is open to first come, first served. Six is just great and we will stick to that. You mods are amazing, thanks for taking such good care of us and keep us on the straight and narrow. There was some discussion on our previous thread about a second round of this group but the response from participants was mixed.
Adding to your list Adriayna are Pamitha, WM133 and roc.

Jean
02-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi, Jan! Maybe just pm the former group to see if they want to continue. With a limit of six here, you may find that your group is nearly filled from the former members!

Janet
02-24-2008, 05:12 PM
We had an old watercolor group at the OS. It was me, lisa, purple, crafter412, jan, seraphic...I'm missing someone! :P

Wasn't it roc?

Godzoned
02-24-2008, 05:34 PM
sounds good. I'd like more details first please before I commit.

Jan
02-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Debbie what questions do you have? This is a circle journal a group of no more than 6 who will work monthly on two pages (book style) with one member in the group who specifies a theme and page size. Medium is watercolors including water color pencils, acrylics and pens can be used.
Please keep asking until you understand. It is so good to see your name pop up.

Godzoned
02-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Ok here are my questions...

How big is the book?
Is it one book or books from each person?
Do we do separate pages and post them in or email them in?
Can we all have our own book and send on?

I've been a part of a scrapbooking circle journal group - we start our own books. We post our books off to the next person. we do our pages. Post it to the next person on the list and so on. At the end of the 6 months we have our own complete book back. Does this work the same way?

Thanks for answering all my silly questions. If it is anything like the scrapbooking circle journal I'm in!

LisaB
02-25-2008, 03:35 AM
There is a Sticky Note outlining how the groups are set up and the directions in this Forum. It has tons of info!

PurpleRealm
02-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Fantastic idea to start another watercolour CJ group Jan!
But I wont be joining in on this one. Things are just a bit too crazy for me at the moment! ***HUGS***

Jan
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Debbie, we each have our own book. We only mail pages (2) side-by-side or some request one page with front and back done, whatever the artist you are a partner with will determine how their pages should be done. We do not send books. Each month you will have a new partner. This is all origianl watercolor and pen work. Each artist will select a theme for their pages. We will do that when the group is compiled or when you sign up. Many have 8X8 inch pages, some have 6X6 inch pages and some 4X4 inch pages, some a 5X7 page, whatever they want for their book. Keep askin' girl, we'd love to have you join.
Thanks Purps, that is ok. The reason I started this is because it was addressed on ATCards and there was no confirmation from anyone when Janet posed the question. This gave participants the choice.

Godzoned
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
ok read all instructions and I like it still. Can I sign up? When do we start?

whitemoth
02-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I would be interested in joining too...
as long as it's just the pages that are being mailed and not the book itself.

Janet
02-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Yes, just the pages are mailed every month. It works well and cuts down the risk of loss in the post. :D

Godzoned
02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
I totally agree with crafter412 great idea just posting the pages. definately cuts down on cost of postage too.

Examples of my watercolour work....
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l277/Godzoned/Paintings/watercolours/?albumview=grid

Jan
02-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Ok, we have a great start. Godzone is in, Whitemoth is in, Crafter are you in and I am in. Two more and we can get rolling. This is exciting ladies.

Janet
02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Great Jan, just need to round up two more!!!!

Godzone, wow your watercolours are wonderful. I'd better get practising :swoon:

Godzoned
02-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks crafter I'm a bit rusty. So will have to practise myself.

whitemoth
02-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Sounds good...I look forward to doing this

OrganicMama
02-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Add me! This is perfect. I have wanted to be doing more watercolors AND start circle journaling.

Jan
02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
"Organic" do you have some samples of your watercolor work? I checked your gallery and could not find any.

OrganicMama
02-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Sorry about that - I haven't gotten most my stuff in the new gallery yet!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2343/1518558549_f5cdfc698b.jpg?v=0http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2391/1518558563_512da87bb5.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2248/1518558579_b831cd233f.jpg?v=0http://farm1.static.flickr.com/241/1518558585_50b3bf62f6.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/1518619745_c02d62c393.jpg?v=0http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2161/2047724000_07a2ffeacd.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/2289923088_8210293878.jpg?v=0http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2270/2290072546_ec4c5edc6f.jpg?v=0

All these are ATCs. I don't have any scans of anything bigger right now. Hope that gives you an idea of my work. There's more on flickr.

Jan
03-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks doll they look great. I'll add you to our growing list. One more sign-up and we can begin.

Godzoned
03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Sorry I have to drop out.... the cat has got sick and the vet isn't cheap. My jobs have also dried up. No extra income for play money.... so sorry.

Jan
03-03-2008, 05:59 PM
OHHH, thanks for letting us know Debbie, good luck on the journey before you. Ok so we are Crafter, Whitemoth and Organicmama, Jan and waiting for two more.

livia
03-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Sign me up. I would join if there is still room.

Jan
03-05-2008, 11:25 PM
You bet Livia, we need one more person and we can start.

pschafe1
03-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Well, I have never done this before, but I am very interested. Please sign me up. I have to check out the "how to's", size, front & back, etc. I only have a few pics in my gallery right now for every one to see.
Pat

Janet
03-08-2008, 12:19 PM
OOOOhhhh Jan, I think we got a group !!!!!! :)

Jan
03-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks Pat for adding your name, we are finally off and running. So ladies when do you want to start the project? Please list your page sizes and side-by-side or back and front plus your theme. Also PM me your name, address and phone contact. We do that so we are safe to contact each other if someone would drop and not let us know. I will compile that list and pm this information to each of you. We do all our communication via PM's or to this thread. Let me think about my theme I do know my page size will be side-by-side 6X6 in.

OrganicMama
03-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Ohhhh....what to theme, what to theme....

Janet
03-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I think I will go smaller this time 6 x 6 is a nice size to work on too. Have to think about my theme. Will get back soon Jan :)
Oooohhhh finally we get going.

whitemoth
03-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Do we post the info about our journals here than?
I can start anytime.
....I agree that 6x6 is nice size!

Janet
03-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Yes in here, and the lovely Jan will make sense of it :)

pschafe1
03-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Since I'm new to this whole thing. 6 x 6 sounds fine.
Still trying to determine the whole side by side thing.
Pat

Jan
03-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Pat here is a side-by-side set of journal pages. Personal info was written on back.

pschafe1
03-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Jan,
Ohhhh, this helps a lot.
Pat

whitemoth
03-10-2008, 10:10 AM
My theme:
Tiffany
Art inspired by Louis Comfort Tiffany
“Stained Glass”

http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Tiffany/listsgw.htm

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists...s_comfort.html

6 x 6
side by side

Hint….India ink works well with watercolors on this style!

pschafe1
03-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I am ready, and I can't wait. I would like 6 x 6, 2 pages (side by side), with info on back decorated.
I would like my theme to be Children's Literature (anything from Nursery Rhymes to Harry Potter and everything in between). I absolutely love books and I currently have 6 little granchildren with one on the way.
Pat

OrganicMama
03-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Okay. I got it. I put all my theme ideas into a hat and then my husband picked one at random. I want 6x6 pages, side by side. My theme is Sushi. I love Sushi.

Janet
03-11-2008, 12:02 PM
What great themes we are getting. Very different to what I usually do so I can see some work to be done here. Looking forward to it, very much.

Jan I would also like 6x6 pages side by side, with artists info on reverse.
My theme is 'Rooms' - any you would find in a house. ie a corner with a lamp, a chair by a window etc.

Jan
03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Ok, I'm waiting for personal info from Janet and livia. We need livia's theme, page size and layout. Organic do you want pages side-by-side or one page? I agree the themes are going to be challenging and my head is stuffed with ideas. With the Tiffany postage stamps I keep thinking about that one a lot. We will depart on our journey as soon as we see livia's posting.

OrganicMama
03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
I think side by side.

livia
03-12-2008, 05:35 PM
I will go with 6x6 and side by side. My theme will be landscapes.

Jan
03-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Hooray we are ready to start. My suggestion would be to have the due date April 15. That is about one month away. What do you ladies think? after than we can set the 15th of the month as the due dates.
As for partners let us work down the list. Crafter will mail to whitemoth, whitemoth to OrganicMama, OrganicMama to livia and livia to paschafe1 and Pat to Jan and Jan to Crafter. The next month Crafter mails to Organic, Organic to pasch and so on. Please question if you do not understand. You always have the option to post early and move down the list earlier. The absolute deadline is the 15th and if you cannot make that please post so we know. things come up, life get's complicated sometimes. I will keep our list up-to-date on page one post one.

Janet
03-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Sounds great Jan, 15th April is ok by me. :)

whitemoth
03-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Looks like this will be fun....my first one is Sushi...OMG! LOL
What a theme OrganicMama :twitcy:
It's funny....can you clue me in on the type/style of sushi you want?

The 15th of each month is fine with me :)

OrganicMama
03-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Sooo...on the list it looks like I am mailing to livia. In the recent post it says pschafe...(I might have misspelled that). Clarity?

What kind of Sushi? I like them all, except Umi (Sea Urchin). I'm not a huge fan of Squid or Scallop...but I like it all, really. Maki, Nigiri, Sashimi...Now I'm getting hungry...Darn it!

What happens if you do an image search for sushi? Lots of tasty looking morsels! (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=sushi&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2)

Jan
03-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry Organic I posted that wrong. You will send to livia in the first round. Livia will send to pschafe1 and pasch... will send to Jan. I was going by the personal info list and with you bringing this to my attention I adjusted that list to match first post on this thread.
Will be eager to see what you come up with for sushi in a two page spread. LOL. Maybe Organic can give us all some ideas as to what the envisions for her pages.
I have never eaten sushi is it really eaten raw? How is it served?
Is the 15th of the month ok with each of you gals?

pschafe1
03-12-2008, 10:51 PM
This sounds great. Can't wait to start. You guys can call me pat if pschafe1 is a little too crazy. First month is great. Second month I think I mail to
crafter412. Correct?
Do we do itraders on each one received? and Hostess each month?
Pat

OrganicMama
03-13-2008, 12:41 AM
The 15th works for me.

I will write a long thing about Sushi and what I love and envision as soon as I have a minute - tomorrow while the kiddo naps, hopefully!

OrganicMama
03-13-2008, 11:24 AM
The Wiki Article on Sushi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi) is here and glancing at it gives you a good idea.

Sushi is my favorite food. Lots of people freak out because a huge component of it is the Sashimi - raw fish. There is, however, a huge difference between regular fish and sashimi grade fish. I would say that I quelled the first time I bit into a tuna roll, but that was soon over. :rolleyes: Now there is nothing I like better than a little slab of tuna or salmon on rice!

The reason I put Sushi into my list of potential themes was partly that I love it so. The other reason is that a huge component of Sushi is the look. A good platter of Sushi is gorgeous. A Sushi chef is a visual artist as well as a culinary artist.

This is a picture that I found of a Google Image Search - it's just beautiful!
http://paulbuckley14059.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/sushi1.jpg

There are a couple more things:
Sushi is served with Wasabi (a small lump of spicy green horseradish) and Soysauce. Some fish (like eel) is server with a sweet soy sauce.
These are the three basic types of sushi:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6d/Sushi.png/192px-Sushi.png
Which one you eat depends on what you like and what kind of fish you have. Tuna can be rolled as maki or served as nigiri. Eel is almost always served as nigiri.
Sashimi (small pieces of raw fish without any rice) is served with slices of raw daikon radish.

My little one is needing me, so I will stop there. I know a lot more, so just ask questions. Go check out a Sushi cookbook - the usually have awesome photos. Or scroll down to the bottom of the Wiki Article for a good gallery of images!

Jan
03-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Organic thanks for the sushi info, makes me want to seek out more. Interested in the fish.
Pat you will mail to me (Jan) and I will send to Crafter. Sorry about the confusion. We will go in order of the list PM'd to you. Please ask if you do not understand.

Jan
03-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Too quiet around here. As a reminder we have set a dates of the 15th of each month beginning April 15th. The exchange partners for April are: Crafter mails to whitemoth, whitemoth mails to OrganicMama, Organic mails to livia, livia mails to paschafel, paschafel mails to Jan and Jan mails to Crafter 412. We are all creating 6X6 inch side-by-side pages with personal info on the back. You may want to PM your partner to "feel" them out a little as to what they may expect. Do your best work for these pages will be treasurered for a very long time.:idea:

Janet
03-18-2008, 01:25 PM
It may be quiet Jan but I am already thinking about my pages for Whitemoth. Tiffany colours are soooooo bright, so much light through his windows, of course.
I guess I will have to use little water to get this effect and make the colours glow.
I know you can get watercolour inks, which have a brighter hue, but I only have the traditional stuff. Onward and upward!!!!!!

Jan
03-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I agree Janet, I love the Tiffany theme too. We have a current postage stamp honoring Tiffany and every time I use one I pause and look at the beauty of it. Can you apply your colors a little deeper, would that work for some areas? There is always the aspect of light. Tiffany also did pottery pieces.

Janet
03-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Oh yes Jan, I am looking forward to the challenge :)

whitemoth
03-19-2008, 07:55 PM
I am so tickled to see that you guys are perhaps inspired and looking forward to the Tiffany pages.
I've done them with acrylics and watercolor....using more water does help.

:spinny:

pschafe1
03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
I am researching porches right now and thinking about what I want to do with the theme. Can't wait to start.
Pat

Janet
03-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I am so tickled to see that you guys are perhaps inspired and looking forward to the Tiffany pages.
I've done them with acrylics and watercolor....using more water does help.

:spinny:

I did a trial run on extra smooth watercolour paper. I'm so pleased with the results and just waiting to start the real thing :)

whitemoth
03-19-2008, 11:11 PM
I did a trial run on extra smooth watercolour paper. I'm so pleased with the results and just waiting to start the real thing :)

OH...that's wonderful :jiggy:

OrganicMama
03-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I dug through my photos of a trip to Europe and did some rough landscape sketches. It's always fun to watch something evolve from idea and blank paper. Realism has never been a strong point (or I never felt it was) but I seem to be able to draw and paint better than I used to. Or perhaps I am more patient with the way I see/create things...

Jan
03-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Keep going Organic you are on a right side brain roll. Good for you.

Janet
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
My Tiffany pages for Whitemoth. Apparantly the file is too big to post here so here is the link to my gallery :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=5545

whitemoth
03-28-2008, 08:31 AM
My Tiffany pages for Whitemoth. Apparantly the file is too big to post here so here is the link to my gallery :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=5545

Beautiful :D
I love it...thank you!

Jan
03-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Janet the pages are wonderful, what a serious challenge you have set for the rest of us. I have meshed the "room" idea for you. Will get on it the next few days, eager to get the colors out again. I have been working with fabrics/fibers and dyes for a while now.

Janet
03-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Well Jan it's the sushi one I'm worried about lol. Don't fret it, just do your own thing. :)

Jan
03-29-2008, 11:27 AM
I have to laugh when you say that. Here in Minneapolis they have just introduced sushi bars with a nude male or female as the "plate or leaf" for the sushi. Lots of images around in the papers about that. They had no trouble getting models lots of college students eager for the pay. Costs $100 a table for one of these models to support ones food. Now wouldn't that make a page?

Janet
03-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Jan, that is so strange !!! Just wait until you see my pages :)

OrganicMama
03-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I can't say that I have ever eaten Sushi off a naked person, but I would. Really, just for the experience...to be able to say I did that. And because I would be so untrue to myself if I turned down Sushi...

Janet
03-29-2008, 09:06 PM
I've done some sketches which feature sushi and errrrr body parts, not rude ones lol. So I was amazed to read Jan's post :idea:

Janet
03-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Jan we don't seem to have a Group number yet !!!

Jan
03-30-2008, 12:30 PM
I'll check with Carol on that. Wasn't sure we needed one with the new site.

Followup-
Hi Jan
Believe it or not there is a discussion going on right now about how to number them. LOL. As soon as they make up their minds, I'll make sure you have a number-Carole

pschafe1
03-30-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm still playing around with porches. Getting very close to actually painting.

Janet
04-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Whitemoth's pages were posted today :)

Jan
04-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeh Janet, she leads the pack! I'm working on yours, rooms for me is great fun.

pschafe1
04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I finished my first ever circle journal pages. They are in my gallery. I am not exactly sure how to link or even show here what I have done. Not very techno savy.
I hope you like them Jan. I'll try to mail them out on Monday. Is a sheet protector a good way to mail, or should they actually go in a plastic journal page?
Now onto the next one.
Pat

Janet
04-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Pat, those pages are wonderful, I love your style :)

pschafe1
04-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Thank you so much for the encouragement.
Pat

Jan
04-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Good news and sad news. Pat, the porch scene is perfect. What a wonderful pause and reflection, lots of stories have been made on that porch. Thank you for such a wonderful work of art. As for mailing your pages, many of us tuck them into a plastic bag and then into an envelope, helps keep them dry if the envelope would get wet. If the pages are not stiff a little extra piece of watercolor paper or stiff paper will help so they do not get creased. I also put some scotch tape along the edges of the envelope to help with edges getting frayed in some way.
As you all know Whitemoth has left this group and this site. I for one am sad to see her go for we go back a very long time. She was one of the early artist on the ATCards site. She has been notified that she needs to complete her pages to Crafter. I will wait for a response from each of you if we should seek another artist to journey with us or to stay with our group of five.

Jan
04-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks for responding ladies. We will keep our group together with five participants. Delete Whitemoth from your list.
Hope this is a good day. I'm working on "Rooms" how about the rest of you. I think Tiffany and Porches are being tossed around in the mail.
Harriet has agreed to mail a set of pages to Crafter. This is only fair.

OrganicMama
04-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I have landscape pages ready to be scanned and mailed out. I'm hoping to get them online today or tomorrow.

Jan
04-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Crafter, your pages will be mailed Thursday morning. Hope you like them.

livia
04-10-2008, 12:06 AM
My pages will be mailed tomorrow. It is a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson called "The Swing". I had to memorize it as a third grader and always loved it.

Janet
04-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Thank you Jan, I will let you know when they arrive.

Livia, your pages are wonderful. I remember the poem too :)

Jan
04-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh Livia those pages are marvelous. Beautiful work, beautiful gift.

OrganicMama
04-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Here are my landscapes for livia:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=8596&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=8596)
"Athena's Temple at Delphi" and "The Road Up to Delphi"

I painted these from pictures I took on a trip to Europe 6 or 7 years ago. I was standing in the same place when I took both pictures - rotated 180 degrees. A 3000 year old temple and some of the most beautiful mountain scenery I have ever seen. It was pretty amazing to be touching holy stones and places from ancient days.

I painted the road picture because that view made a profound impression on me. Delphi is a 2 hour bus ride from Athens, on winding roads through craggy mountains and I was amazed to think about making that pilgrimage once or twice a year, on foot or donkey, to visit a holy site and hear the words of the oracle... The area is so free of development it was fairly easy to imagine.

The fun part of painting these was that my film was black and white, so I had to go back and really think of, remember, and dream about those days in Greece to get the colors.

Janet
04-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Taylor those pages are stunning. It obviously made a great impression on you and you have recalled it very well :)

Jan
04-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh Taylor, thanks for the story too it makes your pages much more meaningful. They are wonderful, lucky livia.

pschafe1
04-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Livia, thank you for such beautiful pages, I can't wait to see them in person.
Jan, I mailed your package yesterday.

Jan
04-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for letting us know Pat. Will let you know when they arrive. Today would have been a bad day. We are buried in about 17 inches of wet snow. Schools are closed and mail delivery will be a challenge...ugh.

Jan
04-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Posting Organic Mama's pages Monday morning.

pschafe1
04-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I received my pages from livia today, they are even more beautiful in person. Thank you so much.
pat

Jan
04-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Pat, your wonderful pages arrived today too. Oh how I love them. A peaceful spot in this violent world. Grandpa looks so happy. Thanks for this marvelous work.

Janet
04-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Jan, my pages arrived today. They are fantastic!!! Will you post them here so everyone can see your beautiful work?
Thank you so much for getting my 'rooms' off to a brilliant start :)

Jan
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Will do. Here are "historic" rooms. I really wanted to do something out of the romantic and ordinary. Being a teacher there is always the element to "teach". I find when I research on these themes I learn a lot. Was true here as I worked on the interior of a tepee....a natural mobile home and of course the cabin with a cozy quilt, and a spinning wheel how could I resist? Just thinking of a quilt pattern for the prairie was a mental delight.

Janet
04-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Yep, I love the quilt. It must have been the one bit of colour in the room and showing up beautifully against all the wood :)
The description on the reverse really added an extra dimension, thank you !!!!

Jan
04-15-2008, 05:53 PM
The wood varied so much as folks found old wood around, they roughly axed trees to build the walls, fences and coops. They used whatever they could find. Usually the cabins had to be built quickly during spring, summer and fall before winter set in.

OrganicMama
04-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Jan - Beautiful pages were in my mailbox today. They are just wonderful. I think that you captured the essence of Sushi very well - I never would have guessed that you were uneducated in the way of the sushi. Thank you!!!!

Jan
04-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Well here is a German's interpretation of "sushi". The yellow blotches actually are lettered ingredients used in sushi, did not scann well blended into background. So glad you like them Organic.

OrganicMama
04-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm going to be off-line for the next week - in recognition of TV Turn Off Week I am going 'screen-free'. It should open up a bunch of time for watercolors! I will be back online on the 30th.

Jan
04-21-2008, 12:18 AM
That is a great idea Organic. I'm not much for the TV but the computer?; hadn't thought of that. Have a great week creating.

Janet
04-24-2008, 08:20 AM
It's so quiet here !!!! I have organics sushi pages done and all ready to post :)

pschafe1
04-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm here. Just finishing up a room for you, Crafter412. Will show it off very soon.
Pat

Jan
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Welcome back "Organic", hope you had a good week. We're all here eager to read about your creative ventures.

OrganicMama
04-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Mostly I gardened. It was great. Someday I am going to have little grass and all food. We made steps toward that goal...

I also did some painting - but why sit and paint when it is sunny and warm and the dirt is calling?

Jan
04-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh are you lucky, warm and sunny???? We've had two snow storms, one closed down the freeway last Saturday. We have fishing opener in two weeks and the climatologists are saying the ice will still be one the lakes and temps for the next two weeks will be below average. bummer, oh how I wish I was in your sunshine right now. We are still wearing winter coats, gloves and hats.:arghh:

pschafe1
04-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I finished "Yellow Room", I hope I can upload it here. My first time trying. Forgive me if it doesn't show up. I plan on mailing it on Thursday or Friday. Enjoy! Pat

Janet
04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh Pat, that's wonderful, thank you so much. The chair looks real comfy, just what I need right now :)

Taylor, I posted your Sushi pages today. Do you want to see them, or wait until they arrive ?

OrganicMama
04-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Ummmm...I'll wait till they arrive. I love surprises.

pschafe1
05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Crafter412 -I mailed "Yellow Room" on Friday morning. Hope it gets there quickly.
Pat

terryart
05-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Is there room for one more watercolor person?

Jan
05-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh Terry we would love to have you but this group is half way through their journey. How about starting a new group? There is a limit of six people in these groups. When we started we had six people, one dropped out after we started:no: so the group decided to stay with the five left.

Jan
05-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Livia, the landscape is becoming more of a reality. I can visualize it now. Will turn into watercolors soon.

livia
05-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Jan your pages are on their way.

OrganicMama
05-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I got awesome pages from crafter412 today. They are really beautiful. Thank you so much. You should post them up so everyone else can see them!

Jan
05-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Good to see some "art life" happening here. Eager to see those pages.

OrganicMama
05-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Pat -
I have your pages just about ready to mail - probably they will go out tomorrow. Do you want to see them now, or do you want to be surprised?

pschafe1
05-08-2008, 12:28 PM
You can show them or surprise me. I'll leave it up to you, but I can't wait to receive them.
Pat

Janet
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I got awesome pages from crafter412 today. They are really beautiful. Thank you so much. You should post them up so everyone else can see them!

I would but it seems like I didn't scan them!!! My memory is getting worse :embarrassed: If you want to post them Taylor, that's ok.

Jan
05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
p.s.
want SO MUCH to be in the Water Wizards group...can you put in a good word for me?? [lol]
terry

Ladies, Terryart would like to join us even at this late date. What is your thinking on this? I'm sure she could catch up on two trades we have completed but would you be ready to slip her in at the last month or earlier? Each of us rotate a month to include her.
Post how you feel about this.

Janet
05-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Jan I think I am the only one who made pages for whitemoth, so if Terry joins it will still be the same amount of pages for everyone else. I would love to have her join us and feel flattered that she wants to be in our group.

OrganicMama
05-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I think it would be wonderful to include her. She and I have been messaging about doing a one-on-one swap anyway, so I'll be trading with her either way.

pschafe1
05-08-2008, 11:08 PM
I am fine with Terryart joining us, the more the merrier. Just let me know what to do and when. I kinda get a little confused with who's next.
Pat

Janet
05-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Jan, will you be posting updates to show where we are with the pages? Like we used to do on the old site. It was really helpful to know what was happening. :)

OrganicMama
05-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Pat - I am taking your pages to the post today. I hope you like Dr. Seuss...

Jan
05-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I PM'd livia asking her to post to the thread her feeling in Terryart joining us. We could put Terry in whitemoth's slot. I can send her pages very soon. Pat, you can send her's when you are ready and then Crafter when you are ready and from there on we should be back to our schedule. If anyone has a better idea please post it. Terry would need to get pages together for Organic and livia when she can.

pschafe1
05-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Organic- Green Eggs and Ham, of course I do..
The Grinch, The Cat in the Hat and Horton too.
I am trying to rhyme at 5 a.m, anyway just love
Dr Seuss. thank you, can't wait. Pat

Janet
05-10-2008, 07:46 AM
We just need to know what theme Terryart wants :)

Jan
05-10-2008, 10:20 AM
I have no problem with it since we already lost a member. If you can fit her in the rotation that would be great. I would be willing to do two watercolors in one month to get her caught up.
I have PM'd Terry asking for her info, theme and page size. When I get that information I will PM each of you with the information. I will put her in whitemoth's slot and we can adjust. It is no problem if our pages run a little late, just keep us all informed.

OrganicMama
05-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Here they are:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=13359&w=l

Jan
05-10-2008, 03:17 PM
WOW! What fun pages. Love the excitement in them. Great gift!

terryart
05-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I am so happy to be allowed to be part of this group! Yipee Skippe!

pschafe1
05-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Organic -Wow! What great pages, beautiful job! Can't wait to see them in person.
Pat

pschafe1
05-10-2008, 07:18 PM
terryart- welcome to our group. Have you picked a theme and size etc. I think you are my next victim if I am correct. I am working on organic's "sushi," so I would have 2 circle members to do by June 15? I think.
Pat

Jan
05-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Pat don't feel pressured. I will PM you an updated list. Terry understands and those of us who have mailed to Crafter and Organic will get our pages to Terry when we can. I will post Terry's theme, size and personal info on the PM list.

pschafe1
05-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Jan - sounds fine, just want to keep up with the flow.
Pat

Jan
05-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Each of you should have received an updated schedule. Have a great Mother's Day. Terry should try to get at least one page out this month and maybe two. The rest of us also within the next three to four months should get Terry's pages completed. We'll get this done I'm sure.
Thanks for your care and support.

terryart
05-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I have just read the entire thread [it's storming here in SC, so no biking today!]
I am very touched by the wonderful, talented ladies who allowed me to join!
Of course, I will absolutely get Organic's and Livia's pages done as fast as possible!
Please don't stress about my windows...just fit me in whenever...don't feel you have to rush!

Janet
05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Terry, I really like the theme you have chosen. Looking forward to fitting it in :)

Welcome to the group, we are lucky to have you

Jan
05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Just a wonderful neutral porch was received today from Livia. I just love it and I love the tone-on-tone play. A wonderful set of pages. Livia are you going to post it? If not I'll scan it and post it.

terryart
05-12-2008, 09:32 PM
The sushi is ready for take-out!

terryart
05-12-2008, 09:36 PM
p.s. this didn't scan clearly...trust me, it's not blurry in reality, or maybe my eyes are just tired!

terryart
05-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Maybe this is better...

Jan
05-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Yum! Oh Terry that is wonderful...so glad you are here playing with us.

Janet
05-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Love the sushi terry, it looks good enough to eat ;)

I received fantastic room pages from Pat today. Thank you so much Pat, they fit right in to my journal :)

OrganicMama
05-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Gorgeous, vibrant colors on the Sushi! I can't wait to add it to my journal!

terryart
05-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Here is livia's landscape....will be posting out to OM and her this weekend!

OrganicMama
05-15-2008, 09:41 AM
What a wonderful sense of Peace in that picture. Nice work!

Jan
05-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Very beautiful Terry. Thanks for being so responsible to this group. You are amazing.

terryart
05-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Here are some "Rooms"...

OrganicMama
05-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Wow. If you keep going you will be all done in like a week! You're good.

(and those rooms are beautiful)

terryart
05-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I guess I am a bit obsessive once I get started...also I didn't want to have anyone worry about me joining so late...

Janet
05-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow!!! Terry the room pages are wonderful. I want to live in the castle :)

I do have to get cracking now with more pages. Plenty of ideas in my head which just aren't transferring to the paper!!!

OrganicMama
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Terry - I got your pages today. The colors are so vibrant!! Thanks so much.

I am praying that I can get some time sans toddler this weekend and do some good sketching and painting. I have the ideas - those are easy to come by. It's finding the time to get the paints out and make a big ol' mess.

Jan
05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Terry, you are just blowing us away. You must be on a creating roll. How exciting your pages are and what fun you are in this group. I feel a little tug to "get goin'" too, Janet and Organic, you are not alone.

pschafe1
05-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Just checking in - I am just about finished with sushi for Organic and a Window box theme for terryart. Time is slipping through my fingers lately!
Pat

Jan
05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I understand the time thing Pat. There is so much to do outside and so little time. I get something started and it is a week before I get back to it.

livia
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Terry, your wonderful landscape came today. It is very nice, better in person. Thanks so much, and the little extra paper.

pschafe1
05-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Organic Mama- I hope you like this plate of shushi.

pschafe1
05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Whoops- Sushi.

pschafe1
05-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Terryart-Here are your window boxes. Hope you like them.

Jan
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh my gosh Pat, how do you find time to get this all done? I love both of them. What wonderful gifts. While you are painting I'm panting with windows to wash, lawn to mow, plants to plant, gardens to get ready and a little baby sitting of grandkids when the phone rings. I'm getting there though, almost done with livia's pages.

pschafe1
05-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Jan, I'm with you except my windows are filthy. We haven't gardened because it's like 40 degrees here. Did someone really say spring? Anyway, I really limited myself to this circle journal and one other PAT swap so I would have more time. So that's how I did it. My youngest daughter is about to have grandbaby #6, a little boy, so I wanted to get my art done and in the mail before it gets really really busy. I think I'm caught up until July 15 now. Correct?

Janet
05-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Wonderful pages everyone!!! I love this group, it feels so comfortable and friendly :)
I've been busy moving dust around, planting my pots, and doing all the stuff around the house that men don't notice :) My energy doesn't last so long these days and I am so grateful to sit and do art.
Pat let us know when your new grandbaby arrives, awwwwwwww I love babies!!!!

OrganicMama
05-22-2008, 09:55 AM
I love those Sushi pages. They are so gorgeous! I am so excited to put the journal together. Likely the pages will just hang in my "In" box until the garden is all the way in...until that happens I have little time to spare for anything. I'd rather spend my spare time painting. Things should get less crazy when the chickens are big enough to live outside...

Janet
05-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Livia's landscape pages
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=15288&w=l

Jan
05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh that is so pretty Janet. I think I'll start over on my pages for her. You are challenging me to a new level.
Well at least I got one on you Pat, my windows are shiny however I still have all the winter Jackets, mittens, etc to get cleaned and stored. We are having a very risky hint at spring. It could freeze any night but it is getting late in the season to put stuff in the ground. Like you the whole month of May as been below average by 10 degrees or more, brr. A grandbaby, now that is something to get excited about.

livia
05-23-2008, 11:49 AM
I am having my kitchen redone this summer, and we have some family stuff that will make my art time almost dwindle to nothing. I finished everyones pages and they will be in the mail today. I hope everyone enjoys their pages. I posted them in my gallery. They will only be there a short time.

BTW everyone's work is just wonderful !!!

Jan
05-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for letting us know Livia, we would worry if we did not hear from you. Please let us know when our art work arrives in your hands. We will let you know when your pages arrive.

terryart
05-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi pschafe1... I don't like my window boxes...I LOVE THEM!!! Very well done and beautiful!! Thank you so much for all your effort!! Now, my real windows are a mess too! Oh well, it's hard to paint with papertowels and windex in your other hand!
Thanks so much!
terryart

Janet
05-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Livia, your pages are all so wonderful!!! I hope all goes well for the work this summer, I know the hassle of a new kitchen but oh so worthwhile when it's done.

I received my pages from terryart and I am soooooooo happy with them :) They always look even better when you have them in your hands !!!

OrganicMama
05-24-2008, 11:23 PM
I got a bunch of time to sketch ideas today - so soon I can put paint to paper on a porch or a room...we will see where inspiration takes me next!

livia
05-27-2008, 12:51 AM
here is some sushi inspiration:
http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/bento

OrganicMama
05-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Those are really funny. I especially like the legs made from fish and red pepper.

Jan
05-27-2008, 06:46 PM
What a fun site. Livia, how did you discover this site? Thanks for sharing it with us.

OrganicMama
05-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow, did I have a good mail day yesterday! I addition to getting 3 envelopes of ATC returns, I got pages from Pat and Livia!! They are really awesome. My journal is just gorgeous.

livia
05-28-2008, 10:12 AM
One of the things the Japanese do is make their food presentations a little works of art. Their take on beauty is something we can all take away.

Janet
05-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Pages from Livia arrived today. I love them, the yellow echoes my own kitchen. So bright and sunny!!!!

livia
05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Since it seems like we are almost done could we do another, maybe different or same themes. Also please start in August or September.

Janet
05-28-2008, 02:30 PM
This one doesn't finish until August, does it?

I would certainly be interested in another group when it does though :)

Jan
05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Our group got underway March 12 and our first mailing date was April 15, so August 15th we should be finished with our trades; however we dropped Harriet and had only five in the group and then beautiful Terry came aboard bringing us back to six but Terry is already ahead in mailing. So if we started with mailing in September or October we should be ok. Let's hear from others in the group. You must be really energized Livia after completing "all" your pages to start again.

terryart
05-29-2008, 06:20 AM
I have received THE MOST BEAUTIFUL window box from livia!!! It is quite magical...little people and animals having a party in there! Too wonderful to hide...planning to frame all of my "windows" from this group! My office doesn't have a window, so thanks to all of you, now I have several!

terryart
05-29-2008, 06:21 AM
BTW...I would be thrilled if we started another group...like tomorrow???

OrganicMama
05-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I would be on board to start another group. I love the way this is making me stretch what I think I can draw/paint!

And, just a heads up to everyone - my family is going into our busiest season (even busier than the Winter Holidays) with 3 festivals to attend (which we work at...so there's all the preparation, meetings, etc.), the garden and chickens to deal with, and my dad's going to be in town for a month. I will get each set of pages out on time, but I don't anticipate anything as quick as other have been recently!

Janet
05-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Window box for Terryart. This will go out early next week :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=16208&w=l

Jan
05-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh Janet that is absolutely beautiful.

livia
05-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Janet, super nice work. I love all those bright colors. Is that one page or two?

Janet
05-29-2008, 07:04 PM
I scanned it before I cut it, find it easier :) It's two now !!!

Jan
05-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Posted livia's pages today.

terryart
06-01-2008, 07:01 AM
WOWSER! What a fantastic window, Janet!!! I can't wait to get it! Seems like a shame to cut it! Thank you so much for such a beautiful painting...

pschafe1
06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Janet,
Beautiful work.
Pat

terryart
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Ready to post out a porch! Will upload shortly...
terry

terryart
06-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Here is my porch and critters!

OrganicMama
06-02-2008, 07:19 PM
That's so nice! You do wonderful work.

Jan
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Wonderful porch and even window boxes. Great pages Terry, so glad you are part of this group and journey.

terryart
06-03-2008, 08:20 AM
I guess I am into flower boxes at the moment...everything is blooming here in SC...I didn't know if you were a cat or a dog-person, so I put one of each!

Janet
06-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Love the porches terry!!!!
I am onto Childrens Lit. now and struggling with it!!! Looked at loads of stuff but still waiting for inspiration :)

Landscape and window boxes were posted yesterday.

terryart
06-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Here is my Nursery Rhyme...I always liked these little guys...I always lost my mittens too [at least one of them]!

p.s. the one ear is not really cropped off...just happened on my scanner...

Jan
06-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh my gosh lady, s l o w d o w n. Great pages, are you done yet?

terryart
06-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I think I am...can't help but be obsessive about art! I will post out the porch and kitties [after I see if pschafe1 likes her nursery rhyme...], and I am ready for the next round!
terry

Janet
06-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Gorgeous kitties terry!!!!

Jan
06-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Here are Livia's landscape pages.

livia
06-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Jan's pages are far better in person !!!

BTW- I will be gone all next week. I am going to check up on my brother, he had minor surgery today. I will also check on my in-laws and hang out with my sister. I try to go once a quarter, there is a lull in my summer remodel, so now is the time to go.

Janet
06-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Jan's pages are gorgeous. I love the mountains especially. :)

Enjoy your trip livia, hope all is well with your brother.

terryart
06-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Received my amazing window box from Crafter 412...absolutely wonderful!
I am so glad I got to play in this group!

Jan
06-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the update Terry. Your window box pages will be posted tomorrow morning, enjoy!

OrganicMama
06-09-2008, 12:31 AM
I got some good painting time in this evening, and am happy to say that pages are coming along nicely.

Jan - I have your porch almost done, but want to let you know that in between now and the 15th I have my dad, stepmom, and sister coming into town for my brother's college graduation, also my sister-in-law's graduation, and my son's faery-god-mothers' graduation. All take place on the 14th (I have no idea how we will pull THAT off) and all the parties are on the 15th. On top of that, I am getting ready to go out of town for 5 days, right after everyone graduates. All that said, I am planning on getting your pages in the mail on the 12th or 13th, and if I miss that I hope you will understand. I will certainly get them in the mail before I leave on the 18th. I'm really sorry. I don't know what happened - the month kind of got away from me and here I am with my dad on his way and a filthy house. Oy.

Jan
06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh honey take care of the family and celebrate. The pages will arrive don't let that stand in the way. Celebrate! thanks for being such a caring artist.

pschafe1
06-11-2008, 05:49 AM
terryart,
Oh my gosh

Hi everyone - we had grandbaby #6, Dominic Joseph on June 5. He is a cute little guy, 8 lbs 14.2 oz, maybe not so little. I haven't had a chance to check this site in a week. Terryart - I love the 3 little kittens, thank you so much! I am working on my final journal pages for livia. Have a great day everyone!
Pat

pschafe1
06-11-2008, 05:50 AM
whoops something happened here with my tired fingers. sorry.
pat

Jan
06-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Congrat's Pat, another perk for Grandma. Glad that little fellow is healthy, a true blessing. Thanks for sharing this joy with us.

Janet
06-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Congratulations Pat, thank you for sharing with us. How wonderful to have a baby around :)

Jan
06-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I received Terry's porch today. She paints heaven, a peaceful scene of a sleeping kitty, bird at "home" over the window sill, flowers lush and straight, doggie waiting at the door with ball, window boxes all dressed in their finery, a sturdy tree for shade, sun is out (now that is an accomplishment in itself as we have had weeks of rainy days) and her earth is green and fertile. What a gift, what an artisit; thanks for this wonderful gift Terry.

terryart
06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Jan and all other Water Wizards...this was a great experience for me! Jan sent me the most beautiful window box with a great quotation from the Pickwick Papers...what a great read...it's been a long time, but just reading the section that you sent with my flowers was so wonderful!!!
I am planning to frame all my "boxes" and hang them in my windowless office!
Thanks to all of you...I truly appreciate being part of such a creative group!
terryart

Jan
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Glad they made it Terry. Here are her pages, even a barn can have a window box!

Janet
06-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Very pretty Jan. I think every window should have a box full of flowers on it!!!!

Jan
06-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Posted Pat's pages today. Hope that newbie is doing great.

pschafe1
06-22-2008, 07:41 AM
I just received my pages Jan, thank you so much. I love the poem and the artwork. It will be a beautiful addition to my journal. Thanks.

pschafe1
06-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I've just finished a landscape for Livia that will be mailed in the next few days. Here it is:

Jan
06-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Now that Pat has received her pages here they are. I used the poem of "The Little Turtle" by Vachel Lindsay.

Jan
06-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Lilbad has asked to start another "Watercolor Painters" circle journal. Would any of you be interested in this new group? The work from you ladies has been wonderful so thought I would invite here before asking some other individuals to join.

pschafe1
06-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm very interested in "Watercolor Painters" circle journal. Will Watercolor Wizards II continue too?
Pat

Jan
06-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Not sure Pat, I know Terry had requested that we do another round but the response from others in this group was low. Let's wait and see how many post an interest.

OrganicMama
06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I would join again - but nothing that start till after August! I need to get those other pages finished up first!

Jan
06-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Waiting for responses from you. Would you like this group to stay together for another round. The other scenrio is that lilbad and I are going to start another group. Would any of you like to be part of that? If all of us do not remain together in this group we can bring lilbad in this group for another round. Here are the responses so far. Pat would like a second round I am assuming with this group. Livia is in for whichever one becomes a reality, not sure she would be in for both. Terry is on for both or with this group wrote "she likes the company"; I know how she feels I do too. Organic seems interested in staying on if we begin in August and that is certainly a reality. Haven't heard from Janet. So that is the status as of this date.

OrganicMama
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Jan - I just finished your pages!! Finally. Seems like my time is at a serious premium right now. Sorry for the delay. :wub:

I will get them scanned, packed, and hopefully make it to the post office today. I will let you know when they hit the mail.

I would love to be in a group with lilbad. She's a really talented watercolor artist.

Janet
06-27-2008, 06:27 PM
I did post on the forum that I was on holiday lol. So much happens on the site in a week, I feel dizzy catching up :)

I am certainly up for another round with any or all of this group, or another, or both.
I still have two lots to complete here first, for July and August. After that, I'm game :)

Janet
06-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Pat, I've finished your pages today. Just have the backs to do and hopefully in the post by Thursday.

Jan, I will be starting on yours this week. I've ordered some watercolour inks so yours will be my first try with these :unsure:

livia
07-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Sorry I have posted lately. I had a terrible computer virus that took almost a week to to fix. We had to erase everything and start over. Also my kitchen is in demo stage - I will post some pictures later.

I do want to participate in another round. Sounds like we might have to open it up to the general population to see if we can get more players.

livia
07-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I received a very super nice spread from pschafe1 (Pat) with a lovely quote from Shakespear. This has been a great journal round. Hope we can do more.

OrganicMama
07-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I have a porch ready to send to Jan and a room for Crafter412. They will be going in the mail this afternoon.

Jan
07-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks Organic for letting us know they are posted....eager.
I'm going to check with a "mod" to see if we can have seven in this group, then we would not need to start another...fingers are crossed.

Here is Carole Cadek's response:
Hi Jan
Since you have an established group that has completed its circle, yes, you can include another person in your group, it's no problem. Carole
So we can do another round. I will PM lilbad.

lilbad
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Hee Haw!!! Thanks ladies!

Jan
07-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Ok, after communicating with Carole she said we need to start a new thread for our "second round" with Lil included. I will start that the end of this month as we still have pages due in this group. We will finish this groups committments first and set our first mailing date in September for our new group. Do you want to change the name of our group in any way? After Lil sends me her personal info and each of you send me your theme and page specifications I will compile a new personal info and mailing list. This is exciting.

lilbad
07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for welcoming me into the fold. I look forward to journaling with all you wonderful artists!! Thanks Jan!!

Janet
07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Wonderful!!! Welcome lilbad, I guess I better start practising how to paint sheep :biglaugh:

lilbad
07-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I hope ewe do!!!

Janet
07-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Jan I am well on the way to finishing your pages. For some reason I had a real block on these but all is well now :)

Jan
07-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks Janet, blocks happen frequently for artists, we each view this challenge differently.
I am waiting for themes for our next round from Janet, Terry and livia then our contact form will be up-to-date for our next round and I will PM that to you. this will give each a head start as mailing dates won't be until September. With no suggestions for our thread I will start it as "Water Wizards Round Three" unless one of you would like to suggest another title.

pschafe1
07-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Crafter Janet- I love the beautiful Little Mermaid pages you sent. It doesn't look like you were blocked at all.
Everyone -This group has been so great. It is my first experience in a circle journal and I have enjoyed it so much. Everyone has sent such wonderful work! and I guess I might have wanted a little more room for my paintings! Can't wait til next round(s).
Pat

Jan
07-08-2008, 08:34 AM
"Organic" your wonderful pages arrived, lemonade and even a fresh lemon on the glass what a relaxing summer spot you picked to paint. Great pages, thanks.

Janet
07-08-2008, 03:13 PM
these are Organic's pages received today, aren't they wonderful!!!

Janet
07-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Jan, your pages are being scanned now and will be posted on Thursday,Phew!!!!

Now I have my completed journal and I love it all. I am trying to think how to put them all together. I have my others in shop bought journals with the plastic sleeves, but I want something different for these. Any suggestions? Oh, and I cannot display them, due to lack of space :)

Jan
07-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Have you ever made your own book, maybe with pockets. Get a Bookmaking book from the library, lots of ideas.
We are coming to the end of this journey, gosh that went quickly. Have you thought of a theme for your next pages Crafter?, Terry?

Janet
07-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes Jan I have made quite a few books. Maybe pocket book is the way to go. That way the backs won't be on show.

Thinking about my next theme, will be back soon :)

Jan
07-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Organic's pages are wonderful, what a treat she is to have journeying with us.
Still need themes from Terry and Crafter.

livia
07-11-2008, 12:10 PM
All the pages look super, everyone is doing such a nice job. Here is what I have been working on the last couple of weeks- my kitchen remodel.

The first picture is taken at my front door. You can see all the way to the back doors. The middle picture is the back of my dishwasher, sink, cook top and my oven. The last picture is everything removed but my sink, which will go next week. The mess is the only thing that is hard to deal with right now. For now we are a head of schedule.

I will keep you posted.

Jan
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Oh my gosh Livia, I bet you cannot wait until that mess is gone and you have this fresh, functional kitchen. Hang in there baby! thanks for sharing your present journey.