PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Corrys Slug & Snail Copper Barrier Tape

Trinasatc's
12-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Willing to Trade Lot's of diffrent examples of moonglow embossing powders and a few brass charms for a roll of corrys SLUG & snail copper barrier tape.I will reimberse postage.The adheivsive part still needs to stick well.I need the wide tape OnLy.Thank you.

Sunswirlgirl
01-04-2010, 05:19 PM
aww poor snails and slugs :( i looked up more humane ways to deter the little guys from your garden and came up with some of these suggestions:

1. Surround the vegetables with various textures which the slugs and snails don’t like to cross. Examples of materials used as slug control barriers include:

Cut hair – after a haircut, collect all the clippings in a bag and create a hairy barrier between the young vegetables and the slugs
Sawdust – theoretically the slugs don’t like crossing wood chavings either, but in our experience, as soon as these shavings get wet, the slugs don’t mind!
Charcoal – supposedly the slugs and snails don’t like the acidity and therefore avoid it, however, adding to much might not suit your plants either.

2.Choosing Certain Plants
Consider planting "repellent" species in amongst your other plants. These include Lavender, Thyme, Sage, Geraniums and Mint. Snails and slugs prefer plants with soft leaves or decaying plant material. It is recommended to grow plants with leathery leaves like Bergenia.

3. Don't Overwater!
Avoid overwatering your garden and preferably use direct watering methods. Snails and slugs are attracted to moist areas so if your garden bed is relatively dry on the surface between the plants, this will help discourage activity. As snails and slugs are most active at night. Try to water in the mornings so the top layer of soil has a chance to dry out.

4. The Use of Barriers:
One method of stopping snails and slugs is the use of a barrier. The use of mesh wire netting is the easiest way. It doesn't need to be high and the top can be bend outwards in a 45 degree angle to stop snails climbing over the top. Of course, small slugs or young snails can crawl through the holes of the mesh wire-netting. A solution can be to use the kind of netting used to keep insects out, or a strip of metal again with the top bend outwards. This will get very hot in the summer months making it even harder for snails and slugs to cross.

Trinasatc's
01-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I do NoT want it for killing slugs.I want it for soldering some glass paper weights .I was raised in the country and slugs really do not bother me a whole lot :err: Kind of slimy after a good rain though but God must have put them here for a reason.Lol..probably so country kids will remember to wear shoes :) When they want to go horseback riding and they are walking thru a nasty old pasture.

Sunswirlgirl
01-05-2010, 01:45 AM
LOL AHAHAHAHAHA, Trina, that's what i thought at first when i saw that you started this thread. you make awesome charms and when i saw copper tape i thought that right away. but then when i opened it and read it i got confused. lol soooo happy you don't want it to hurt the poor baby snails and slugs. i LOVE the snails around here! the slugs aren't as cute but i like them too. lol
i didn't know that you could use it for soldering!!! really, you can??

Trinasatc's
01-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Well, Sally Jeans book says you can.I have yet to try it.I have sheets of copper.But She says the tape works the best, if anyone has the tape or part of a roll of tape I will make them a really good deal :D

cdraz/ceedee
01-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Trina, I have copper tape but it is only about1/4 wide....pm me if that is what you are looking for...........

Trinasatc's
01-05-2010, 07:32 PM
They use this a lot in the United Kingdom and It can be bought in the Midwest.I just can't find it where I live.It Looks like really wide soldering tape.I need it to be wider than half inch.Nursery centers carry this.

KatieV
01-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Closing this at Trina's request.