View Full Version : The Mixtape Swap, Due May 19th

Tanya
02-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Swap Due Date: May 26th
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 17

*WE ARE FULL! THANX FOR CHECKING IN!*

*** The Mixtape ***

Mixtape: A mixtape is a compilation of songs recorded in a specific order, traditionally onto a compact audio cassette. A mixtape, which usually reflects the musical tastes of its compiler, can range from a casually selected list of favorite songs, to a conceptual mix of songs linked by a theme or mood, to a highly personal statement tailored to the tape's intended recipient.

This swap is dedicated to those who love music, and wish to celebrate this through their love of art. The mixtape, that we will create collectively, will be a celebration of those songs we cherish, and the lyrics which have helped paint wonderful pictures in our minds, those that have moved and inspired us. Even those songs we don't particularly like include some wonderful lyrics. It's time to make it visual!

This will be a 3 for 3 swap so feel free to use more than one song as your inspiration. It would be great if you could incorporate some of your favourite lyrics from your chosen song into your finished piece... although this is not essential. The Mixtape swap is open to all mediums, I would love to see a good variety represented here. Be as experimental as you dare.

I will be covering the postage on ALL of these so please be mindful as to weight, I don't mind the odd embellishment but nothing too heavy please! If it dosen't fit in a standard trading card sleeve, i.e textile art, then please pop in a protective cover/polybag etc. Your work will also need to be adequately protected against the damp Irish climate, my grumpy postman etc. so make sure you wrap them up well. Finally, please make sure you print your username clearly on all cards and include a self addressed envelope for the journey back to you...

For lyrics checks www.lyrics007.com is good! Have fun!

*Any obviously lastminute, flimsy or slapdash stuff will be returned to their owners, your best work only please*

**Please PM me when you are ready to send and I will send you my addy then**

1. Grrrdjules.........................Canada
2. Amyfaerie........................Philadelphia
3. Stargroves......................Berkshire, U.K
4. Stoutberry......................N. Carolina
5. Cerasparkles....................N.Y State
6. Gezza.............................N. Ireland
7. Bratgirl524.......................Withdrawn
8. CookieMonstHer................SC
9. Eggstudio........................Georgia
10. Shesocrafty...................MD
11. Artformysanity................Florida
12. Sometomato...................Someplace secret..
13. Bluellen.........................Withdrawn
14. Maxie............................Canada
15. Dragoness......................Alberta
16. Katie V..........................Indiana
17. Big Kay.......................... withdrawn
18. Me! :jiggy:

WE ARE FULL!

grrrdjules
02-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Sign me up!

Tanya
02-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanx for joining Jules :twitcy:

amyfaerie
02-23-2008, 04:26 PM
i would totally love to participate! i still call my ipod playlists "mix tapes"! LOL!

Tanya
02-23-2008, 04:32 PM
I know I am so oldschool like that... 'playlist' me bum... Thanx for joining up Amy!

Stargroves
02-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Please may I join in Tanya?

Thanks
Anne

Tanya
02-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Make yourself at home Stargroves!

stoutberry
02-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Oh man I'm all about this one. My whole life has a soundtrack. Sign me up!

Tanya
02-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh great! It sounds like you are in the right place Stoutberry!

Stargroves
02-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks Tanya! I've not moved onto mp3, ipod etc., I have a cd of favourites in the car. Some of them are just brilliant for this swap: Winter, Torn & Frayed, Moonlight Mile... mmm think I might leave Rocks Off alone for the purposes of the swap. ;)

amyfaerie
02-23-2008, 05:52 PM
I do love the awesome peeps joining up already! :D

Tanya
02-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks Tanya! I've not moved onto mp3, ipod etc., I have a cd of favourites in the car. Some of them are just brilliant for this swap: Winter, Torn & Frayed, Moonlight Mile... mmm think I might leave Rocks Off alone for the purposes of the swap. ;)

Ooh I can't wait to see what you do with those...

cerasparkles
02-23-2008, 07:43 PM
This is such an awesome idea! Please sign me up! :D

Gezza
02-23-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll join in too!!!

Tanya
02-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Ok Cerasparkles and Gezza... You are both very welcome!

Bratgirl524
02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
This sounds fun!! Sign me up please :jiggy:

CookieMonstHer
02-23-2008, 10:10 PM
me please!

stoutberry
02-23-2008, 10:14 PM
YaY Cookiemonsther! I see my pushing worked. woohoo.

CookieMonstHer
02-23-2008, 10:16 PM
hahaha
seriously, i should do a Boyz II Men song, because that would be flipping AWESOME.

stoutberry
02-23-2008, 10:19 PM
ummm yes you should!!! hahaha you dork!

CookieMonstHer
02-23-2008, 10:26 PM
hahahahaha oh man, just you WAIT!

eggstudio
02-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Add me please.

ShesSoCrafty
02-23-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm an avid music lovah and my husband is a musician so count me in...

art4mysanity
02-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Hi Tanya. I'd love to join.

Tanya
02-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Bratgirl, CookieMonstHer, Eggstudio, Shesocrafty and art4mysanity.... have fun everybody!

Tanya
02-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey Cookie.... BoysIIMen? I'm using a Neil Diamond song for one of mine... remember 'Play Me'?

So lets see who can 'out-cheese' each other best! lol! {Pop tarts welcome here}

CookieMonstHer
02-24-2008, 02:39 PM
hahaha. this is gonna be funny.

sometomato
02-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I think I would like to join!
So is the idea to do 3 cards - each being a mix of songs? or is it that each card is a separate song?

It would be fun, in this computer age to have everyone actually send a CD of the three faves to a central location, input all songs into iTunes and make an actual "mixtape" CD, then burn copies for everyone. HMMMM?????

(By the way, has anyone read the book "Love is a Mixtape"? Interesting, but not as really captivating as it might have been were I a decade or so younger...)

Bluellen
02-24-2008, 04:12 PM
lol. this swap has such potential!, yes, tanya hon, sign me up! cheesy, huh...let me see...how about afternoon delight by starland vocal band...bllleeeccchhhh! lol

maxie23
02-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Will play if included.

Tanya
02-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh great, I'm glad you two could come 'play with me'... ahh Neil Diamond's on repeat... in my head!

I have an idea to do Simon & Garfunkel's 'Feelin' Groovy' {hello lampost, what cha knowin, I came to see your flowers growin'} and that Rufus Wainright track, whats it called again,.... "men reading fashion magazines"... oh the name's escaped me.... {'Oh, What a World' - sudden memory relapse}

I think it would be a good idea to use three different songs, focusing really on the lyrics that make you tick.... feel free to put your stamp on them and interpret them whatever way you please in whatever medium you please.

I love the idea of sharing our tunes - will you look into that Sometomato? Otherwise, post your art here and tell us the song and artist and we can each look it up independently!

Tanya
02-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Welcome aboard Maxie! One spot left!

grrrdjules
02-24-2008, 06:35 PM
May find a lot on Youtube or actual band sites. I'll include links on or with my cards - this is going to be so much fun, I've already started a list of what I might do. The Jam "Town Called Malice" for sure!!!!!!!!

grrrdjules
02-24-2008, 06:37 PM
OMG Bluellen, "Afternoon Delight"??!!!!! I'm trying to stop my mind from creating visuals! It could be a quite funny card actually heehee. How about that real classic, "Having My Baby" by Paul Anka, huh huh!

Tanya
02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
"you're having my baby -doododoo- what a wonderful way of telling me how much you need me" that the one Jules? I think daddy bought that for G when she was pregnant with mini me.... aaaw...

I've just uploaded one of my latest, inspired by 'Ruby Tuesday' - I'll attach a pic on my first post...

Nobody else wanna join? Come on, we'll play nice! One more spot left....

Tanya
02-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Dragoness you're in! ;)

KatieV
02-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Lemme have the last spot?? :wub:

Tanya
02-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Ofcourse sugar! So we are now full! yay!

Pop in won't you and let us know how you're getting on, whats inspiring you etc. I'd love to see how your mini mixtape progresses. Be sure to make a note when uploading your images to the gallery, re. recording artist, song etc. so that we can look them up!

If you have a foggy memory and that track is somewhere in your stack of vinyl in the loft, then you can search for your song lyrics on www.lyrics007.com

{Where would we be without the WWW? ...probably in the loft fighting spiders}

:jiggy:Cheers everybody! :jiggy:

BigKay
02-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooo!
I missed it! I'll just sit back and watch this one
& download all of your favorite tunes ...

Tanya
02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooo!
I missed it! I'll just sit back and watch this one
& download all of your favorite tunes ...

Hey Bk! Wasn't it your birthday yesterday? Well now, b'day girls are special and they have certain swap privileges - so you're in!

I'm not usually this nice... :twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:

Tanya
02-25-2008, 11:54 AM
We are fully booked! Thanx for checking in!

sometomato
02-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey, BigKay! It was MY birthday, too yesterday! BTW, all the people I have met with this birthday are unusual and SPECIAL! ;)

Tanya
02-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh happy b'day to you too Sometomato!

BigKay
02-26-2008, 12:04 AM
I've been called BOTH of things :eek: Happy Birthday!

Oh, and thanks for making some room for me on the Mix Tape, Tanya. No way do I believe that you're usually not this nice!

Did I just let your secret out?
Doh!

Hey, BigKay! It was MY birthday, too yesterday! BTW, all the people I have met with this birthday are unusual and SPECIAL! ;)

art4mysanity
02-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Hi Tanya! I finished my cards so can you please pm me your address? Thanks.

Merricat
02-28-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm going to move this to Active Swaps since you're full. :)

art4mysanity
02-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey Tanya. I got the info and the cards are being sent out to you - I cannot post the images to the thread because I'm having a hard time uploading images on the site. However, if anyone is interested, the cards can be seen at the Flickr site listed in my signature. So sorry. :sad:

About the songs -

Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel - just a great sappy love song from the 70's (when I was a teenager - eeek!)

Allison by Elvis Costello - Come on, who doesn't love Elvis Costello? It's also from the 70's (around the time I was in high school - holy cow!)

Black Dog by Led Zeppelin - Because they rock! :notworthy: Also from the 70's (when I was about 17 - okay I'm thoroughly depressed now.)

Gezza
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Well Tanya I haven't started yet but I will get there. Internet is behaving itself again, so hopefully it will stay that way. I know the songs I think I'll do but I haven't a notion who sang some of them! :unsure: Don't you just love these smilies:rolleyes::jiggy:

Tanya
02-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Thanx a million for the info Art4mysanity! Great choices! I can't wait to see your art, I will post here when I have received them. It usually takes anything up to {and sometimes over} a fortnight before U.S Post hits Ireland. Thanx for contributing! ;)

Gezza - go to www.lyrics007.com
...just type in the line from the song and it should find the artist for you and the full set of lyrics for you to check against...

grrrdjules
03-01-2008, 06:05 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=3201&w=o

Hey grrrl, here's my first...

Tanya
03-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Omegoodness that is class... but whats the song? hmm...

'someday you will find me'.... ahhh! :idea: 'Champagne Supernova' by Oasis??? {My favourite band no less!}

Hey, this is turning into 'Name that Tune' Lol!!...

KatieV
03-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for figuring it out, Tanya! I KNEW I knew the lyrics, but couldn't figure it out :wub:

grrrdjules
03-06-2008, 01:35 PM
This is a cool swap... here's another one.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=4162&w=o

amyfaerie
03-06-2008, 08:58 PM
okay, tanya . . . i did mine! i will say that one of mine is a cheap trick song, just because i wanted to use a throat x-ray that eggstudio sent me a while back . . .the rest are songs i adore. :D

Yo La Tengo, Billy Bragg, Jesus & Mary Chain and Cheap Trick! (you know i couldn't overlook my sweet billy!)

amyfaerie
03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
hey, jules, is that the sting song, fields of barley? :D

grrrdjules
03-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Oops, I said it in my gallery description but not here. Doh. Yes Amy it's Fields of Gold but the Eva Cassidy version, she was just so freaking amazing. Now I'm going to go have a good look at your cards! I have 2 to go, well, if I make one for missy T which of course I must! Or I may make her a mixed CD of new Canadian tunes worth having...

KatieV
03-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Heheheh, I thought maybe it was from the soundtrack of Gladiator, you know, where he's in that field at the end??

Tanya
03-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Oh goodie, goodie! I am so lovin' your work ladys! What Fab Stuff altogether!!!

Grrrdjules, need I say anything? LOVE that card. I haven't heard that version of 'Fields of Gold' Jules, must look it up, Eva's voice was unreal...{Canada's finest - oh yes please!} Katie hun, Gladiator eh?

Oh and Amy, those are 'freakin awesome' {forgive me for using an Amy-ism!}I can't wait to check out those tunes {I see you still have Billy issues!} and all the gorgeous art when they arrive at MY door! Whoop, woop!

I plan to put all our individual selections together, so I'll set up the Mixtape on Post 1# and do a little shuffle dance...

amyfaerie
03-07-2008, 09:11 PM
LOL! how could i NOT include billy? i love that song, too . . . if i could wear out that one spot on my ipod, i would have already. *blush*

ah, "fields of gold." you can tell i know my sting songs, jules. LOL! i hafta look up that version, though . . . really!

grrrdjules
03-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm in the midst of a wicked snow storm so what's a girl to do but cards...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=4542&w=o
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=4541&w=o

That's Joy Division "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and Jully Black "Seven Day Fool"

Tanya
03-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh those are great cards Jules! ;) I love that Joy Division track too. Ben has it on vinyl somewhere. Who the heck is Jully Black though? I must look him/her/them up!

Tanya
03-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Oh Jully is a girl then? my detective skills need a little fine tunin'...

Tanya
03-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Today I received a wonderful set of mixtape beauties from Art4mysanity. They are fabulous and the card you made for me is so clever. Thanx for being a part of the Mixtape Mireya!!!

BigKay
03-10-2008, 01:19 PM
WOW! I haven't been active in the forum for a week or so and I come back and you all made such cool mix tape cards!! Awesome.

I have 2 things to say: #1 is that I started on my mix tape cards and the characters that I drew for the 1st one were funny so I started to make (Tanya) a rolo from them which is cool because #2 I saw Amy's giant rolo that she made you for the front of your tray and the one I started making you is even BIGGER (i have size issues) and meant for the back of your tray. So, eventually, you'll be right in the middle of a gigantic BK/AF sandwich!

PS - This swap has inspired me to do a whole series of songs from my ipod. It's my new obsession. And you're a sweet thang. xo

Tanya
03-11-2008, 05:39 AM
Janie Mack! A BK/AF sandwich? I love Sandwiches!!!

And you know what they say 'Big' Kay?... 'size is everything'....

I'm only 4ft 11" though.... how does that work out? :twitcy: Maybe I'm overcompensating...

Txxxx

Tanya
03-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Woweeee! Received fabulous cards this morning from Amyfaerie - they are all so very cool and very you! Billy is in goood hands btw... ;) ;) :)

KatieV
03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Finished my cards - here they are. HAD to do Neil Diamond ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2151/2347790446_010809bd37.jpg (http://flickr.com/photos/mixing-katie/2347790446/)

Tanya
03-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Haa! I don't think I remember him singing 'We're all gonna burn'!! or do I? ;)

Those are great Katie!!! Brilliant Stuff - I'll give you a shout when they get here hun bun!

KatieV
03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
LOL!! :biglaugh: Only the first card is Neil Diamond. 'We're all gonna burn' is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Tanya
03-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh yeah... I knew that! :confused:

sometomato
03-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Wow, I don't know some of these songs at all..... However, I finally got around to brainstorming a list to choose from - and it is HUMONGOUS! It will be hard to choose just a few......

Tanya
03-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Oh I know!!! I've a ton I could use too...

I've got a wee notepad in the kitchen, so when I start humming/singing/screaming at the top of my lungs, I make a note of the track. I've another 12 cards to make though so I suppose it won't be as hard to choose.

Why don't you, do the old 'pop them in a hat' thing?? That would take out all the umming and aahing...

sometomato
03-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I might do that! I did some brainstorming with my son, and we had quite an enjoyable time! When I was married to his dad (a musician) we would all sit around for hours making lists of favorite songs, favorite movies, favorite books. I always have felt that it is difficult to choose my top favs because so much depends on the mood I am in at the time. For instance, my top few includes old swing, old R&B, satirical, blues and flat-out rock and roll. Not all songs will make good visuals, though....

Tanya
03-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Katie V's fabalicious mixtape cards arrived today - honestly, these are gorgeous, buckets of colour. Thanx for the extra card Katie, I'm really liking the 'highway' one but I may choose another before the deadline I love them all!

Oh, and it will be my birthday in May so Ben is goin' to get a new nano for me {I've used his to death}. I'm giving him our mixtape tunes so that they will be my first tracks on there - I'm hoping and crossing all fingers that he remembers! Stanger things have happened...

Tanya
04-05-2008, 07:29 AM
I received some amazing mixtape returns from my girl Grrrdjules! They are all really cool - wait til you see the backs. Oh and 'fields of gold' is all mine!!!

So hows everybody getting on?

maxie23
04-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Could you provide an address to send my finished atcs to for this swap, please.

Gezza
04-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Well Tanya here are my offerings, I'm sure you'll let me know if they arn't ok!!!:unsure:
The Songs are:- She's got Bette Davis Eyes, I am Woman, I get knocked down and It's Raining Men (God Forbid)!!!!:twitcy:

Tanya
04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Those are great Gezza! I can't wait to pick them up :)

eggstudio
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey you... I just sent you some cards... I put one in the gallery but I have no idea how to put in thumbnail in this thread. Whoot whoot! Thanks Gezza for helping me with that thumbnail advice. Card is Voltaires x~lovers song.

Tanya
04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Oh Goodeeee! Great stuff Eggs!!! I'll be on the lookout for those babies ;)

Tanya
04-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Cards in from Gezza! Even more fabulous in person!

Stargroves
04-25-2008, 05:44 AM
OK, here's trying to add a couple of thumbnails :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=10954&w=s

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=10955&w=s

Yay! Thank you so much to Tanya for helping me post the thumbnails!!!! :)

CookieMonstHer
04-28-2008, 11:24 AM
i'm not gonna lie, i have not started yet, as i have been trying to knock out my cards for the 7 deadly vices swap (seven!!) due on the same date as this one. BUT!! i have ideas for two cards already swimming around in my head, which is more than half the battle. i just have to borrow a stamp from stoutberry for one of them and i'll be on my way...

Tanya
04-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Cards in from Maxie & Eggstudiotoday!!! Thanx for the extra's guys!!!

sometomato
05-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Tanya - how long is the mail time from the US to you? I have some cards drawn but not yet colored and just started to get worried....
Kate

Stargroves
05-05-2008, 05:57 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=12767&w=s

Here's my 3rd thumbnail - I hope :)

Cards will be on the way tomorrow Tanya, hope you enjoyed your birthday

sometomato
05-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Stargroves, I LOVE Stray Cat Blues!

ShesSoCrafty
05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I sent a PM for the addy but havent heard back yet! If anyone has Tanya's addy I'd greatly appreciate it!!! I need to get these puppies in the mail! mass craziness lately:confused:

amyfaerie
05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey you... I just sent you some cards... I put one in the gallery but I have no idea how to put in thumbnail in this thread. Whoot whoot! Thanks Gezza for helping me with that thumbnail advice. Card is Voltaires x~lovers song.

eggs, that card is awesome! :D

art4mysanity
05-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Shessocrafty, I sent you a PM with Tanya's address.

Stargroves
05-06-2008, 11:14 AM
OK my cards went postal today. I found this a tricky but fun theme, thanks Tanya for coming up with this. All 3 of mine are genuinely on the "Favourites" cd that is in my car. :geek:.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other songs :)

sometomato
05-10-2008, 12:42 PM
OK. I am getting these ready to mail out Monday. (Tanya - NEED YOUR ADDRESS!) Would have done it today (Sat.) but the P.O. closed before I got to it. I have 5, and will mail 3 to trade and one for the hostess. (Tanya, if you tell me which one you would like I will make sure to include it!) The songs are "Moondance" (van Morrison), "Trouble" and "Dixie Chicken" (Little Feat), "Leopardskin Pillbox Hat" (Bob Dylan), and "Shadow of Your Smile). None are brand-new, but all are old favorites of mine...

stoutberry
05-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Well my cards are on the way. Cookiemonsther and I mailed them together to save cost.the mail man told me 5 to 10 days so lets hope they get there on time.

Tanya
05-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey hun buns - I got back from my birthday hols on Saturday Eve only to find out my next door neighbour, Mrs Corcoran passed away. {I live in a very rural area so a next door neighbour is like family here} She's been very sick over the past few months, I was so fond of her and I didn't get to say my goodbyes. I'm still pretty upset - would everybody be ok if we extended the deadline to 26th May?

That way at least anybody who was waiting for addy details or running late should definitely get here. Does that sound like a plan? I'm so sorry to keep the early birds waiting too :unsure:

art4mysanity
05-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Tanya, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. That's sad when you don't get a chance to say goodbye. Anyway setting the date back sounds good but just so you know I PM'd your address to about three people who posted or PM's me asking for your address.

Stargroves
05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi Tanya

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm thinking of you and of your neighbour's family

xxx

Tanya
05-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Wow! Sometomato your cards are here thanx for the extra! ;)

sometomato
05-17-2008, 08:06 PM
That is great! So it took only 5 days! Wow! Thanks for letting me know - and I am glad you like them.

ShesSoCrafty
05-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Let me know when mine show up I'm starting to get worried!

Tanya
05-18-2008, 08:11 AM
I've extended the deadline shesocrafty to the 26th - I'm sure they'll make it ;)

Tanya
05-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Cards in today from - ShesoCrafty, Stoutberry, CookiemonstHer and Dragoness! Thanx everybody ;)

I should be able to get these boyoh's out to you on Saturday!

stoutberry
05-20-2008, 08:57 AM
yeah glad they got there so fast.

CookieMonstHer
05-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Woohoo!
Now i just need to work on my 7 deadly vices ones.... ARGH this is like the end of school or something--i'm so behind!

grrrdjules
05-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Yeehah!!!

Tanya
05-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Ok lads and ladettes - all your stuffed envies were sent off this morning! I hope you all really enjoy your returns,please remember to;
Post in the thread to let us know your mixtape arrived,
Show the Rep Love {just click the 'you rock!' button}
Itrade me when you receive your envie too.

Its been fun, now I can't wait to see what you make of the returns!!!

CookieMonstHer
05-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Is it bad to wish i could have my own cards back? haha i guess its good that i love my cards that much--i hope whomever recieves them likes them as well!

Gezza
05-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I just want to say that I'm lucky I have my cards and they are all great, oh and so is the hostess with the mostess!!!!! I have left rep for, KatieV, Cookiemonster and Grrdjules.:wubclub:

art4mysanity
05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh I can't wait!!! ***gone to set up tent next to mailbox***

eggstudio
05-25-2008, 10:32 PM
That's right Gezza rub it in!!:P

CookieMonstHer
05-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Gezza got my Boyz II Men card!! haha awesome!! :) i thought that one turned out real cute.

Tanya
05-26-2008, 04:09 AM
Hey Cookie she is my Mama!!! That card was so perfect for her - love the cheese, lay it on me ;)

You know yourselves, it will probably be next week before these land stateside so make sure you pack plenty of art stuff, cookies and knickers into that tent Mireya ;)

CookieMonstHer
05-26-2008, 08:28 PM
people pick on me for always loving Boyz II Men back in the day, but come on--A Song for Mama is so sweet, still!

sometomato
05-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I can't wait to see what the returns are! EXCITED!!!!:jiggy:

Stargroves
05-29-2008, 08:27 AM
:cool:My mixtape is here - wow! I have:

Sometimes by James (Tanya)
Your Cheating Heat (maxie23)
On the Radio by Regina Spector (ShesSoCrafty)
Rollercoaster by Lunch Money (Stoutberry)

What a great theme and what lovely cards. Thanks to everyone and a big THANK YOU:wubclub: to Tanya for hosting

KatieV
05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm getting antsy --- I know these returns are going to be great, so it's hard waiting for them to arrive!! :jiggy:

stoutberry
05-29-2008, 02:02 PM
YAY, I got my cards today! They are all AWESOME. Thanks grrrdjules, stargroves, dragoness and tanya. Thanks so much for hosting tanya and getting them out so fast. I'm passing cookiemonsther on to her as soon as she calls me back.

Tanya
05-30-2008, 06:51 AM
OmG! They must have taken the fast train..........

So happy and pleased that you guys are happy with your returns! Can't wait to hear from the rest of you lovely people ;)

Oh and I know I'm repeating myself.... but please remember to pass on some rep love to your swap neighbours and let them know which card you received from them. You all ROCK in my book! Tx ;)

sometomato
05-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Hurray! My cards are here! Thanks to "shesocrafty","art4mysanity","maxie23", and "TanyaX" for the returns. All are very nice, and now I have to look up two songs I don't know! (Tanya - you sent me a card, but didn't have to since the extra was for you!) I am off to leave you all rep and iTrader points....
Kate

CookieMonstHer
05-30-2008, 11:33 PM
i love my returns! Thanks so much, Tanya for hosting this awesome swap (i'm so glad stoutberry convinced me--im so happy with the outcome!), and for the extra card! Thank you also to Stargroves, Art4mysanity & Amyfaerie!

art4mysanity
05-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Woohoo! My cards arrived today! (Good thing since it was getting very hot in that tent - record breaking heat 94 degrees F plus here in Miami) - I am so happy with my returns! I received Eggstudio's " Lisa's Party", Sometomato's "Leopardskin
Pillbox Hat" and KatieV's "Man." I also wanted to give a HUGE thank you and hug to our lovely hostess Tanya, for hosting this swap and for the awesome extra card ("Broken Things")!

KatieV
06-01-2008, 06:33 PM
I got my cards too! They're all great. Thanks bunches and bunches, Tanya!

grrrdjules
06-02-2008, 12:16 PM
My crads came today - wooooohooo! Wicked good cards from gezza, KatieV, Stoutberry and an extra from our super hostess. Great job Tanya.

grrrdjules
06-02-2008, 12:17 PM
My cards came too. They were with the "crads"

Tanya
06-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Aw cool, I'm glad you got them girlies - so Maxie have yours arrived yet?

eggstudio
06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Loving all my cards. Tanya is a super hostess.. I read that on the bathroom wall...
I received cards from amyfaerie, grrdjules, sometomato and the super cool hostess.
Working on the rep points next.

amyfaerie
06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
crap-a-rama! i forgot to post to the thread! i love my cards . . . from gezza, eggstudio . . . awesome! [let me go double-check who else!]

CookieMonstHer
06-06-2008, 12:34 PM
It's not like i just HAVE to have rep points or anything, but I like knowing who got which cards of mine! Did anyone here get my insects/Superdrag card??

sometomato
06-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Just a reminder, folks: Please leave rep points or pm swap participants and let them know you received a card of theirs and if possible what card they received. It is always nice to know where your cards end up! Thanks!

Tanya
06-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I couldn't agree more! A rep isn't the 'be all and end all' in life but a silent thankyou is worth nothing at all. Please be gracious and at the very least let fellow swappers know what cards you have received. Pretty Please? ;)

ShesSoCrafty
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
I have to leave my rep tpoints I'm a bit backed up but I will be saying my thank yous this weekend! Tanya this was a wonderful swap and great returns! cheers...

Tanya
06-11-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm glad they got there shesocrafty!

Time to close the mixtape for now but be on the lookout for 'The MixTape Returns' in Autumn. Thanx everybody for making this a great swap! Tx :)