PDA

View Full Version : Are you Ready for the Feb All Types of Art-a-thon?

HHC
02-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Coming Feb 26 - Feb 28, it's another All Types of Art a-thon!!!

What is it?
It's a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone. It's a virtual art play da and we "meet" in this thread. Visualize a large room with lots of tables for us to spread out our art supplies; where we create whatever calls to us, and share our art, and chat with each other and have fun.

What we do in an All Types of Art a-thon

1) CREATE ART: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rollos, gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create.
And we'll be collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting...

2) POST YOUR ART to trade - if you wish. Or just post it to share what you've created.

3) Some folks trade goody bags - just fill a bag with some fun arty things or ephemera, and post your offer and see who wants to trade. (posting pictures of the contents is optional)

4) CHAT - if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!

5) HAVE FUN!

So is anyone else getting ready to play?

HHC
02-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I am getting some backgrounds ready, and have a stash of collage images I'm going to play with. I may even be brave and play with my watercolors. :)

JoyFlower
02-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Ooohh! I was just wondering when the next athon would be. :) So glad to see this!

HHC
02-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi Cheryl! Glad you'll be around!

CIndyjob
02-22-2010, 12:00 AM
VERY glad it is on the one weekend in the month that I do not have to go to a day long Poms competition to watch my daughter!

sniisk
02-22-2010, 04:07 AM
I'm ready!

Evalila
02-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Im almost ready! :jiggy: Looks like were having company on Saturday and my swap ends on Sunday and I want to get the cards swapped out if all cards have arrived by then. But Ill prepare some backgrounds and play as much as I can. ;)

topacelot
02-22-2010, 10:57 AM
oh yay, this weekend...I think that should work out pretty well :)

monarch
02-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Is this going to be the thread for it.............................

ginabee
02-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm getting ready, too. I'll have limited access with sons in town, they hog computer...well, i'll get my 'yell' on, lol.

sniisk
02-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Is this going to be the thread for it.............................

This is just a warm up or count down thread.

sniisk
02-22-2010, 11:02 AM
There will be much more information and instructions in the first post of the official thread.

HHC
02-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Glad to see so many getting ready.

As sniisk mentioned, this is the warm up thread. The "official" thread will appear later in the week with all the nitty gritty details!

:)

LittleLila
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Have plans this weekend but I'll try and fit in a few projects!!!

Theresagram
02-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Sounds like fun. And I have a 4 day weekend!

chaosatlanta
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
warming up and counting down! can't wait!

RobbyGirl
02-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Looking forward to it Sanna, thanks for the reminder!

bluelotusflower
02-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Thank you for the reminder! Hopefully there will a little time to play. ;)

Laffqueen
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I've never done an A-Thon. Do I upload to the regular Gallery? I live on the East Coast of the USA so when do I begin? How many cards do I need to create? When people say they are getting backgrounds ready, what do they mean? Must cards be flat? Tell me more about the Goodie Swap part. I'm in.

jaw
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
looking forward to it ... I'll be working all weekend but will have some time to play

sniisk
02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I've never done an A-Thon. Do I upload to the regular Gallery? I live on the East Coast of the USA so when do I begin? How many cards do I need to create? When people say they are getting backgrounds ready, what do they mean? Must cards be flat? Tell me more about the Goodie Swap part. I'm in.

Welcome to play with us! And good questions.

You can upload your cards (or what ever you create) to your regular gallery and put the pictures to the thread too. This will start on Friday at midday where ever you are it's your midday when you can start. I think everythink is easier when you see some of us doing this on Friday. It's difficult to explain but easy to see then. Australia and Europe start earlier than you and you have some examples then.

If I say I've made some backgrounds I mean I've cut the backgrounds and I've maybe put some tape on them. Then it's easier to continue to collage. Or I have organized my inks etc. to avoid doing it when it's time to make cards.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Lynnelise
02-22-2010, 02:59 PM
I was planning to work on rolos this weekend, so I may as well join the fun and do them on this venue.

sounds like fun!!!! :jiggy:

<><

HHC
02-22-2010, 04:55 PM

What Sniisk said... :)
Cards or whatever else you want to create can be however you want to make them. Flat or chunky... it's your choice.
And regarding the goody bag swap. Our first ATART included some folks making up goody bags to share, in addition to, or in place of art. Some were based on a color or theme, some just items they were de-stashing. If you wish to trade goody bags, just post that you have a baggie and maybe that's just what someone is looking for. :D

theweavershand
02-22-2010, 05:36 PM
woohoo! cant wait!!

Ms Bunni
02-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah!!! Can't wait I am off on Friday so that will be my day to play! I have had the inchie-bug so that may be what I make, but I have also wanted to try some rolos!

neca84
02-22-2010, 10:24 PM
This will only be my secon athon and I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks Sanna for the reminder message

KESagers
02-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I was planning to work on rolos this weekend, so I may as well join the fun and do them on this venue.

sounds like fun!!!! :jiggy:

<><

Oooooooo - I'll trade rolos with you Lynnelise! Anyone else want to trade rolos this weekend?;)

Lynnelise
02-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Rolorific, KeSagers!!!!!

:twitcy:

<><

mariecato
02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm a little busy this weekend, but I'm going to try and participate. On Saturday (or friday for the states) I'll be going whale watching off the coast of Okinawa. We'll be watching for humpbacks! So, maybe I'll be inspired when I return.

And, what are rolos??

bluelotusflower
02-23-2010, 11:57 PM
We'll be watching for humpbacks! So, maybe I'll be inspired when I return.

Say "hello" to those humpbacks for me! If you have any extra inspiration, please send some!! ;)

Lynnelise
02-24-2010, 12:12 AM
And, what are rolos??

"Rolos" is short for Rolodex cards. Many of the artists on the AFA forum trade each other for 3X5 card size rolos with artwork and our addresses on them. So when we need to look up the address of a fellow trader, our rolodex holders are filled with beautiful, artsy rolo cards.

Here are some links for info.

(Check out the article on page 15 of Art Trader below)
http://www.arttradermag.com/issues/ArtTrader_Issue4.pdf

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2177

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10171

(Enjoy the whales!)
<><

GoldenWolf
02-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Hmm, I have too many swap deadlines coming up to make art, but maybe I can get together some stuff iin goodie bags to destash.

sniisk
02-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Goldenwolf, you can share the swap cards too. The cards can be made for swaps and you don't need to trade them with us. The point is, you make them during this weekend :).

HHC
02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
what sniisk said... :)

I am working on some trades for Artfest (http://www.teeshaslandofodd.com/artfest/classes.html) so that will be part of what I'm doing this weekend. And I'll probably do a few goody bags too.

sniisk
02-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm so jealous! We have never had any artfest here in Finland. We have just few card making people here.

chaosatlanta
02-24-2010, 01:52 PM
about 47ish hours to go in my time zone ....

Rogue Gal
02-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm so excited! Hubby will be out of town for a couple of days, so I can art to my heart's content! The muse is kicking up her heels too, so I hope she sticks around!

RobbyGirl
02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Cleaned out my studio and prepped some backgrounds...Woot!

dmnh
02-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I can play this weekend. I have a few projects in the works I can concentrate on and I don't see any problem making some things to trade if the muse cooperates.If the muse runs away, I'll still play....I need to destash!
Hmmm. And it's already Wednesday!
thanks for the reminder, sniisk!

Just Ducky
02-25-2010, 12:04 AM
yep... the Duck is getting ready... he's wearing an apron this time... poor thing got glue in his feathers last month.. and he's still sticky...

did I hear Goodie Bags ??? oh love goodie bags...

bluelotusflower
02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Hope I can crank out a few cards this weekend!

HHC
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Erg! I thought I posted this link last night... but here's the "official" ATART thread:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14240

Laffqueen
02-25-2010, 10:35 PM
My principal just called (I'm a teacher) and school is cancelled on Friday due to snow. Woo-hoo I can craft all day!!
Where do we post our finished cards?

Theresagram
02-25-2010, 11:17 PM
My principal just called (I'm a teacher) and school is cancelled on Friday due to snow. Woo-hoo I can craft all day!!
Where do we post our finished cards?

How cool is that?!!!! :jiggy:

sniisk
02-26-2010, 02:48 AM
Laffqueen, post your cards to the official thread:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14240

Everyone, let's continue in the official thread.

HHC
05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm closing this thread now... :)