Little Girls & Valentines Swap, Due Feb 14th.

SkylerdragonMGM

No Longer Member
Media
Returns have been posted to all participants in the Little Girls and Valentines Swap. Returns were mailed out on February 19, 2008. I wanted to thank all who participated. When you get your returns, please post here. I will request this thread be archived on March 1, 2008. Thanks!

Participant List in Alphabetical Order
Returns Recieved
00. Abkilliki*
01. amyfaerie
02. BelayMonkey
03. CatharineJo
04. Elena
05. Fingers
06. JAD
07. Jaydian*
08. JZHanna
09. KimberCheer*
10. Lemay
11. Lisa LeRay
12. Marla412
13. Maxie23
14. Mysia
15. Ripley42369
16. Robin
17. SallyAnn
18. Sarah*
19. SwmpAngel
20. Taylor Tiger*
21. Tiffany
22. WhinenDine

Host, Skylerdragon

This Swap was originally posted at ATCards.com. The deadline for submissions was February 16, 2008. A related thread was posted at Flickr.com. Thanks again to all who participated!

Last edited:
  • Banned
I am positive you will love your returns. Everybody did a fine job!

Marla412 notified me today that her address has changed! I mailed the cards to the address she put on her envelope...which was a different address. I mailed them last week. Hope she still gets them!

Hi Matthew, Just letting you know I'm on the site now..and will let you know when I received my cards...can't wait :)
Jeannie

Matthew, here is your info from the old site if you want to update your first post:
link is here
Please add the info in bold to the TOP of your thread, at the minimum. Thanks!

# of Players: 15
Cards Due: February 15, 2008
# of Cards: 5-10
Participant Limit:

Little Girls and Valentines

This swap is full. Enrollment is closed. Please stick around and peruse our thread.

Valentines are sweet notes of affection exchanged mostly by the young and the young at heart. Nothing is sweeter than a little girl with a Valentine. Whether it be from someone who is sweet on her or from her to someone she appreciates, this swap is all about capturing the playful enthusiasm and innocence of the holiday.

Here are a few links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentines_Day
http://www.history.com/minisites/valentine/
http://www.alphabet-soup.net/val/valentine.html
http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/valtrivia.html

Valentines are a popular theme every year, and I LOVE participating in Valentines Swaps. While I don’t want to steal anybody’s thunder, I did want to host my own Valentine Swap. Please accept my apologies if my swap offends you because of an annual tradition. Therefore I am limiting this swap to 15 participants.

Participants may use any medium to create cards. However, please keep embellishments light and thin. Bulky or heavy are too expensive and awkward to be handled in a traditional swap. Here are a few I've made, some for other swaps and trades.

0. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
7. 8. 9. 10. 11.

To join please
Send me a private message
and post in this gallery your intentions to join.

Requirements
Complete and Mail cards by February 10. I want these in my hands no later than February 15 because I want to finish this swap in 90 days exactly. This is my fifth swap so I plan on doing it right!
Enclose a SASE if you live in the US. Postage on your envelope should be no less than $0.82. International participants, please send a self addressed envelope and I will cover postage. I will also gladly accept any ephemera or extra ATCs you like to include, but of course these are not necessary. I am an avid philatelist and would love cancelled stamps from any country.

Because this swap is open to all media, returns may be a bit bulky, but please do not include bead work, or other three dimensional embellishments on your art. All other media, methods and materials are welcome.
Your user name, e-mail address, and real name must be on all cards. Your user name must also be on your return envelope. (Put usernames on the inside of the envelope flap if you don't want the world to see it please.)

Other Details
If you see this swap full and you are still interested, please contact me. I would love to put you on a standby list or host a second round of this swap if all goes well this round. Often, participants drop out of swaps and replacements are needed. If I get any drops, I will pull participants from my standby list.

This is my fifth swap to host ever. I am very excited about it and I think I chose a really popular theme. Please do your best work for this swap. I know this is a challenge for me, but I am certainly going to do my best work on it too.

If you get overwhelmed or behind, please contact me.

Participants who do not respond to personal messages within three days will be emailed. Participants who do not respond to email messages within two days (five days after initial contact was attempted) will be dropped from the swap. Please check back frequently.

Ratings

1. Is the subject inspired by the theme?
2. Is color and shading appropriate?
3. Does the style reflect Valentines Day?
4. Does the piece look like the artist spent much time on the art? Is the overall quality good?
5. Does the piece have all required elements on the back? (user name, e-mail address, and real name must be on all cards, SASE/SAE with required postage US $0.82)

I want to include a contest with this swap to encourage excelelnce and a little taste of competition. Points will e awarded for each of the 5 rating criteria above as well as a few other elements. Bonus points will be given to those pieces that have the following characteristics.

1. Depicts an little girl or a teen girl.
2. Is done in an original way.
3. Is entirely created by the artist. Only cards 4 & 5 were photographed by me! Others are found photos, online or in magazines.
4. Is made for longevity, will last for a long time. (Card is sealed or laminated, or enclosed in a sealable pouch.)
5. Card includes a matching envie.
6. Card includes a story, background or a history.
7. Card includes traditional Valentines symbology.

I have a nice prize for the participant whose work earns the most points. Sorry...I'm the judge on this. I'll be fair though!

Participant List in Alphabetical Order
Cards are in!
00. Abkilliki*
01. amyfaerie
02. BelayMonkey
03. CatharineJo
04. Elena
05. Fingers
06. JAD
07. Jaydian*
08. JZHanna
09. KimberCheer*
10. Lemay
11. Lisa LeRay
12. Marla412
13. Maxie23
14. Mysia
15. Ripley42369
16. Robin
17. SallyAnn
18. Sarah*
19. SwmpAngel
20. Taylor Tiger*
21. Tiffany
22. WhinenDine

Host, Skylerdragon

Reserve List
01. GrammyQuilter2 (Withdrew December 10, 2007)
02. DeadRoses (Withdrew December 27, 2007)

Matthew 1Corinthians 16:13-14
See my Traded cards at http://skylerdragon.deviantart.com/
Inspiration for my art. My Home Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Skylerdragon : 01-28-08 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Edit Participants!

Thanks for posting both of you! Sally Ann thanks for the rep points and iTrader rating.

I would appreciate all participants to use iTrader and Reputation points to encourage others to continue swapping! Thank you! Encouragement is so important to keeping people involved.

I hoped more would confirm that they recieved the cards, but we are 15 days past the deadline and I would like to close this thread. If you haven't heard from anyone about where your cards got off to, please PM the members of the thread. I did not record who got what, so I can't really help you track your cards down.

I am sorry. Timing was just off for this swap since the old site went down 2 days after our cards were due.

HI Matthew,
Letting you know I received 6 beautiful cards from the following artists:
Belaymonkey, Abkilliki, Laydian, Skylerdragon, Kimbercheer, Fingers, amyfaerie
Thanks everyone! Off to give rep points.
Jeannie

Back
Top Bottom