PDA

View Full Version : ENVIES: The Marvellous March ATC Envie Swop Due End of March

fantasy firebird
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
The Marvellous March Envie Swop

3 for 3 swop
Envies to arrive with me no later than the end of March and will be posted out to you in the first week of April.
There is no deadline to sign up as long as you can get the envies to me in time.
There is no limit to numbers in the swop.

THESE ENVIES ARE FOR ATC's

OK so I threatened to run another swop like this when I was elsewhere!!! I got all excited tonight because I saw something marked as an envie swop, only to be upset at finding it was an ordinary envelope filled with items!! So.................Ta da.....I hereby present the first envie swop of the ATCsforall site.
If we manage to dig up the old experienced envie makers I will get them to help me in the instruction of all you virgin envie makers!!! An envie is not just for sending an atc in!! An envie is for further expressing yourself artiscally!!!
Do you know what you can do with an envie?? Take a looksie here for some ideas!! For some Templates visit here, I will upload some more now that I have an excellent reason to do so!!

1. Fantasy Firebird
2. Adifferentstory received
3. stormarela received
4. Bluebelle235 received
5. Bralina2
6. icequeen07 received
7. Robin received
8. codeblue received
9. Frog Princess received
10. Teri received
11. Patti received
12. Ria received
13. Codesmom received
14. redplantlady = received

adifferentstory
02-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Can you clarify that these are ATC sized FF. I'm sure they are knowing you. If they are can you put it in the title please and on the first post.

I want to play by the way

stormarela
02-25-2008, 05:11 PM
This looks like fun. Are we swapping empty envies, to be used by the receiver to put atc's in?

fantasy firebird
02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Um......sorry if I am being just a tad dense here, but ...........size ??????:unsure:

ATC sized envies of course LOL as far as I'm concerned there is one use for envies!! Looks like this shows a need to educate, educate, educate LOL

BTW I can't change the heading!!! that is a job for SUper Mod!!

icequeen07
02-25-2008, 05:33 PM
i m in for atc size envies/i checked your site is it ok to use that template for size?

fantasy firebird
02-25-2008, 06:29 PM
i m in for atc size envies/i checked your site is it ok to use that template for size?

you are welcome to use anything on my site that you want!! I will be adding more templates in the next few days after sorting out some glitches LOL

Robin
02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I'll play!

fantasy firebird
02-26-2008, 04:29 AM
Brilliant!!
roll call TERI WHERE ARE YOU?????? guess who's back!!!! CODEBLUE!!!!! the true envie queen!!!!! come on join the swop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frog Princess
02-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Oh go on, then! I've never played in one of these- and I've had some gorgeous envies from ATC swaps- so now's the time to dabble, methinks!
One question, hon, (tries to look intelligent. fails!) What do we do about the details you'd normally put on the back of an ATC (y'know, name and so on?) Where do they go?
I bet it's stooooopidly obvious, but I thought I'd check!

adifferentstory
02-26-2008, 07:03 AM
I usually pop a atc sized blank card inside the envie.

I have loads of envie templates saved to a word document and they are the correct size. If you would like them please pm me with your email addy.

Frog Princess
02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
A card inside the envie....
Now, didn't I say it'd be stooopidly obvious! Thanks Lynne. I'll be over in the corner trying to grow some commonsense!
Am pming you hon.

teri
02-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I knew she was here some where so I put on my detective hat and tried to think like she would...now, where would she goooo...(sometimes I'm so smart it hurts)...TADA...codeblue can be found dealing envies to the local junkies. I'm in, I need a fix, help a gal out, will ya? :yes: :twitcy:

Patti
02-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Please let me play? I love envys too. Problem is, when I get them I can't part with them. I have to save them. No problem sending away the ones I make, just the ones I receive.

adifferentstory
02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I can't part with them either. Kay kindly sent me 50 of her marvels and every one is safely in my collection.

Robin
02-28-2008, 11:44 AM
These were fun! Here are mine and one for the hostess, they will go out in todays
mail. :jiggy:

stormarela
02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
OMG these are addictive... why oh why did I start? how many paper addictions can one have?

fantasy firebird
02-28-2008, 02:28 PM
oh yes addictive isn't even covering it!! Like Teri I was led astray by codeblue. She promised us both greatness, she tempted us with her numerous swops of envies. She bribed, she coaxed and when all the above failed she darn well threatened us. Neither dear Teri or myself prior to her envie swops, were known as disruptive or noisey. In fact we were both the model atc swoppers. We never disagreed with mods or owners, we created quietly and studeously. But then along came that sweet talking siren, showing us what life on the wide side can really do!! Heavens she even led her own mother astray (thinking of her why hasn't she signed up here yet??). anyway I digress, where was I?? Oh yes codeblue!! we should have realised by the name after all isn't that the code given when someone crashes and the team has to rush in to save a life?? careful ladies, when the envie addiction takes you your life will never be the same again!!

adifferentstory
02-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Fab nvies Robin

teri
02-28-2008, 04:50 PM
OMG, I'm sitting here shaking my head in agreement with FF...I think I need a drink! She is right though, don't let codeblue fool you. She is an envie pushing creature that will snare you when you least expect it...I need a fix, I think I'll go play with my templates.... :)

teri
02-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Better yet...mail them ALL to me and I will make sure you DON'T get them back and I will save you from the addiction! I'm honored to sacrifice myself for my fellow ATC artists. :wideeyed:

fantasy firebird
02-29-2008, 03:45 AM
Teri you are soo giving of yourself!! I have often been found here on this site speaking highly of the wonderful person you are and how you put others before yourself (or was it yourslef above others??). Whilst CB worked udercover away from the spotlight of trading on a site, you were there tirelessly giving of yourself. With never a thought for the reward.
So many people have thought that you are obviously the Mother Theresa of card craft and envie making in particular. I believe just prior to the OS closing the big "D" was considering sending your name to the pope to ask him to recognise you for sainthood!! Maybe that's why all the fuses blew!!??!!
Many people have come to me and questioned your integrity and sanity, but have I admitted that you are truely mad?? No I have always been your greatest admirer, never have I questioned your capability to live a successful and meaningful life in the real world, after all I believe that care in the community is the way to go with people such as yourself!
Years ago psycotic people would have been locked up and pumped full of toxic drugs. Now they are welcomed with open arms onto sites such as this. You my dear were one of the forerunners, a trendsetter if you will!!

fantasy firebird
03-03-2008, 04:12 PM
lovely DROOL!!!!!!!

teri
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, golly gee, I am a trendsetter, aren't I? :goofy::wacko:

Ria, lovely envies!

Ahem...why are there only 9 people signed up? Where are all the envie makers? Thrillseekers? :unsure:

Patti
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I signed up on post #18 and after me Ria and Codesmom. That makes 12. Our names aren't on the roster yet.

fantasy firebird
03-05-2008, 10:08 AM
oh ok so I have been slow putting the new list up LOL but I must wonder where the other envie makers are !!

fantasy firebird
03-06-2008, 04:34 AM
or failing that what about her pea Brain!!!
BTW the speed that yea olde Codemom made her envies makes me wonder if she had some stashed away for a swop such as this!! (whoops sorry for yea olde english, must be the commandments thread rubbing off here LOL)

teri
03-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm with Bluebelle...some people are very distracting...you know it doesn't take much with this pea brain...:P

fantasy firebird
03-07-2008, 11:25 AM
And the first envies through my letterbox, belong to................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ....ROBIN!!!!

fantasy firebird
03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
and you said you were unable to continue because of a certain thread!! now I guess I'd best get making!!

teri
03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
March makes me think of spring...which makes me think of flowers. :) Here are mine (I made 2 of each):

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=4540&w=o

fantasy firebird
03-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Ria have received your envies!!!

Patti
03-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Question as I prepare my envies...

Can some be made open ended, like the sleeves, or should all have closure flaps? I have templates for several differen styles, but want to be sure what is and is not acceptable.

thanx.

Patti
03-19-2008, 01:29 AM
I made some nifty envies today. I'll try to get them in the post tomorrow. They have a long way to go.

fantasy firebird
03-19-2008, 05:28 AM
Patti, take it from me where envies are concerned there are NO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adifferentstory
03-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Forgot to say mine are on their way to you.

fantasy firebird
03-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Forgot to say mine are on their way to you.

NO THEY AREN'T THEY ARE HERE!!

adifferentstory
03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Why thank you for letting me know. NOT LOL You know how stressed I get about sending mail to you. Worry if it will get there, what year it will arrive. I'm thinking this must be record time LOL

Patti
03-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm off to the post office to send my envies on their merry way. They've a long way to go. I hope they make it across the big pond on time.

adifferentstory
03-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Probably quicker than mine usually take to reach FF LOL

fantasy firebird
03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
I had a problem realising the envies were from you Lynne, cos there weren't any coke stains on them ROFL

adifferentstory
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
OMG and I set the device to go off as soon as you opened it LOL

redplantlady
03-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I know I am cutting this fine but have been looking at templates on the coast to coast site (great site) and would love to have a go; please can I still sign up? :D:

fantasy firebird
03-23-2008, 03:27 PM
you most certainly can!!! Look girls a new victim to play with!! whoops sorry look girls a new player!! LOL

redplantlady
03-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi fantasy firebird and crew, it's your new plaything!!:rolleyes:I have got back in the site at last!
I sent my envies yesterday, first class, couldn't do it before as I was locked out, some problem with explorer on my computer I think, ... so fantasy firebird I do hope they are with you by tomorrow....
Now I was guessing here but I sent them first class with a first class stamped return envelope, is that right? I sent 4 different, each with a blank atc in and with a details card.
I have scanned them - do I put them in my gallery? Or not? Before the swap or after?
Also I do hope they are good enough:unsure:

fantasy firebird
03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
you can put them directly into the thread press the go advanced button and then attachments to put them here, or...you can put in your gallery (make sure you make as swopped) the choice as they say is yours!!

fantasy firebird
04-02-2008, 11:08 AM
will wait a few days for any late arrivals and then get ready to post back out!! BTW we now have some new envie addicts!

Patti
04-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Mine were mailed on March 19. I haven't noticed you indicating that they arrived. Hope they get there soon.

teri
04-03-2008, 12:10 AM
BTW we now have some new envie addicts!

mwaaahhhahahahahahahahaha:twitcy:

fantasy firebird
04-03-2008, 05:12 AM
sorry Patti I had marked them as having arrived on the main list something must have happened that I didn't do itrader - old age and dementia no doubt!

Patti
04-03-2008, 12:44 PM
sorry Patti I had marked them as having arrived on the main list something must have happened that I didn't do itrader - old age and dementia no doubt!

Oh, thank you. I didn't see it on the main list. Prolly cause I didsn't think to look there.

cdraz/ceedee
04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I mailed mine and if they don't get there in time, keep em for yourself!!

Frog Princess
04-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Oh damn and blast it, FF- I've so much work around the house I should be doing, including a pile of ironing that thinks it's the Great Pyramid- and did I spend yesterday doing it?
No, I did not.
I sat there playing with my paper stash, thinking ;'this would make a great envie' every few sheets. Then I made space for envie templates.
My housework is suffering.
I hold you responsible.
This is a dangerous site to visit, y'know. Between you with the envies and Lynne with the zentangles, I've ended up with new addictions.
You can argue between the two of you who's going to pay for my therapy. :goofy:

fantasy firebird
04-05-2008, 05:18 AM
huh - you think you have problems! Here is a photo of SOME of my finished envies for you all - last count was hovering around 30!! they each hold 4 atc's and you may get the idea that I have got quite rather carried away LOL

Frog Princess
04-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Gorgeous with Fab sauce and a heavy sprinkling of Wow! on top!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdraz/ceedee
04-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Incredibergible!!!! WOW!!

teri
04-05-2008, 04:46 PM
LOL, FF, why does obsessive compulsive come to my mind....they are lovely!

fantasy firebird
04-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Ha Ha obsessive compullsive eh?? Erm let me think.....now who was it that got me hooked making these things in the first place??

3 more DIFFERENT envies - I know 3 isn't many!!

teri
04-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Ha Ha obsessive compullsive eh?? Erm let me think.....now who was it that got me hooked making these things in the first place??

3 more DIFFERENT envies - I know 3 isn't many!!

Don't look at me! It was codeblue. :yes:

Frog Princess
04-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Mine came today!!!!!!!!
(Doing a little happy dance!)
Thank you so much for hosting, FF.
I got gorgeous enivies from teri, redplantlady, codeblue and one I'm not sure who made- but it's beautifully painted flowers!
As for you, FF............ :notworthy: Hell's Bells and Bicycle Pumps!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your extra is gobsmackingly gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! My gast has never been so flabbered. (Or is it that my flabber has never been so gasted???) Either way- thank you- LURVE it!!!!!!!!!

adifferentstory
04-15-2008, 05:51 AM
I received my fab envie this morning. Thank you FF for hosting another wonderful swap. Only thing is I can only identify 2 envies, so thank you Patti and Teri.

redplantlady
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the great hosting (and great extra envie, wow!! plus templates) and for the inspiring project and thanks to Bluebelle235 for lovely blue butterfly envie, adifferentstory for the exotic print, patti for those beautiful flowers and Stormarela for the little silver bird. All lovely and so different!!:)

fantasy firebird
04-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Aww shucks I learnt at the feet of the best!!

cdraz/ceedee
04-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Got mine too!!
Thanks to robin and frog princess and JW and a mystery one!!
And a gorgeous one from the fantastical host!!!!!

teri
04-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Mine have arrived! And they aren't wet! LOL Thank you to codesmom, stormarela, JW, and a blue fishy envie without a name. Special ecial (yeah, it's a word, cuz I say so) thank you to FF for the gorgeous envies! (and for hosting) You never repeat the same thing, these are amazing...you are so full of ideas! (look, I didn't even put a comment about how wacked some of your ideas are, shows I really appreciate you...LOL).

mwah!

Patti
04-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Mine arrived today from way across the big pond. I'll be doing Itraders for FF and reps for:
Codesmom
Robin
adifferent story
Stormarela
Ria
Fantasy Firebird (TWO fantastic creations)
and a great template to make one of her envy baggies)

Thank you all for your wonderful creations. They are all very special.

fantasy firebird
04-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Good grief Ria thats mad that the post should get to the states before the UK!! I hope they haven't gone awol!!

fantasy firebird
04-23-2008, 03:08 AM
I hope you all found the new purse template on the back of your letter!! I expect to see some wonderful creations!!

stormarela
04-25-2008, 08:17 PM
My wonderful , no WONDERFUL envies arrived today. Wow, wow, wow... they are fabulous.
I have envies from Patti, Codeblue, and Redplantlady. I also have two most amazing purses! (but alas, no letter with pattern...)
Such treasure!

fantasy firebird
04-27-2008, 11:33 AM
there should have been a printed letter from me in every envelope saying hope you enjoy the returns blah blah blah, on the back was a template!! Did I suffer a senior moment and not send you one???
??
Ria have yours arrived yet

kaisaj
04-28-2008, 11:00 AM
How did I miss this? :cry:

icequeen07
04-29-2008, 04:36 AM
i am jw /sorry/i thought i put icequeen07on the envies/i received a gorgeous envie with jeweled butterflies and words on both sides and a ribbon closure with a bead closure/please let me know who sent this thanks for any help

fantasy firebird
04-29-2008, 04:02 PM
i am jw /sorry/i thought i put icequeen07on the envies/i received a gorgeous envie with jeweled butterflies and words on both sides and a ribbon closure with a bead closure/please let me know who sent this thanks for any help

the envies that open up and hold 4 cards and are closed by sliding a bead dow the ribbon are made by me!

fantasy firebird
04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
ok Ria - looks like the post office hve stolen them, I'll send you some more!! cedee's arrived late so I have all hers and some of mine - I shared the majority of the rest out, I'll hunt some out for you. Can't have an envious envieless player!!

teri
04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Ah, isn't she the bestest? (Don't tell her I said that, her head will swell.)

fantasy firebird
04-30-2008, 04:32 PM
well so far the post office have quite a good collection of items I have made - atc's, inchies and now envies. Just hope I don't start losing CJ's!!

fantasy firebird
05-01-2008, 01:07 PM
errrrrrrrr Ria, I posted sopme more out to you today!!! look on this lot as an envie RAK attack !!!!