PDA

View Full Version : Shaker Card Swap-Due March 14

LuvLoz
02-25-2008, 09:09 PM
# of Players: 20
Cards Due: 12th March, 2008
# of Cards: 2 for 2 only

Theme: Those of you who also create greeting cards will certainly have heard of the shaker card, but it's not seen so often in the world of ATCs. The cards will have sealed clear panels on them which are filled with a loose, moveable substance. As you can see from the examples below, the clear panel can take up only part of the card, such as in Inspired Junk, or can be the whole card. Some people use the shaker part as a simple background, while other use it as the focus.

Tutorials:
http://www.alysta.com/stamping/shaker_cards.htm
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/shaker.php
http://www.stampersmall.com/classes/...haker_card.asp
http://www.coxes.com/stamping/sample...directions.htm

Mediums: Anything, providing you follow these rules-
* All cards must be original - please don't create 2 that look exactly the same.
* While the cards will be thicker than normal to allow for the foam padding, please ensure they still fit in a standard sleeve.
* Please make sure you are sending in cards you are proud of. If you have to rush to complete them I would prefer you to pull out.

**Customs Info**
Please remember that these cards are being sent to Australia and we have strict customs rules. This means that you cannot use any of the following as your shaker material: dirt, sand, dried flowers, plant matter of any nature, noodles.
Things that can be used include: glitter, confetti, beads (check they are still small enough to move around), hand made accents (such as the clock in my example).

Postage:
For Australians- Please include a stamped self-addressed envelope.
For American/ UK/ Canadian participants- Please send loose unused stamps from YOUR country equal to what it takes to get to me. I will be keeping these to send to hosts to cover my own returns in future swaps. I would prefer an address label at least 1.5 inchs high rather than a return envie.
For people from anywhere else- I would prefer an address label at least 1.5 inchs high rather than a return envie, and will cover the return costs myself.
For those who like to send extra gifts I would appreciate an extra card in theme, spare ribbons or blank notepaper.

If you need to drop out for any reason please let me know ASAP. I don't mind, I just like to stay organised. If you have any questions please just PM me.

Participants:
1/ Me
2/ Elena - received
3/ Musicgal - received
4/ PamPie
5/ Amyfaerie - received
6/ Paperfairies - received
7/ Barbcards - received
8/ Vicki Z - received
9/ Mistygold33
10/ Sparklet - received
11/ ashleysuzanne - received
12/ Bizzyare - received
13/ BigKay - withdrawn
14/ JoyFlower - received
15/ Awmaw8 - received
16/ Wigbag - received
17/ Alislagter - received
18/ LadyLanda - received
19/ Fingers - received
20/ Deedles - withdrawn
21/ Maxie23 - received
22/ Kandm17 - received

JoyFlower
02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Hooray! :jiggy: Glad to see this thread.

LuvLoz
02-26-2008, 01:06 AM
I hadn't realised how popular the theme was until I received all these PM's asking me if I was still hosting it. :)

awmaw
02-26-2008, 12:11 PM
This swap has been one of my favorites!

amyfaerie
02-26-2008, 07:27 PM
hey, just checkin' in . . . :D

barbcards
02-29-2008, 03:03 AM
I mailed my cards today! Making them was so much fun! Thank you, Luvloz!

LuvLoz
02-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time. I'm looking forward to making mine, managed to pick up some little clockfaces from the market.

LuvLoz
03-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Due date is less than a week away, so I hope everyone has their cards in the mail. :)

musicgal
03-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Major Brain Fart here
I looked at those cards Saturday and my mind went blank. I will mail them this afternoon.

JoyFlower
03-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Okay, I know I am late...what a space case...forgot these had to go over the waters... :embarrassed:

I don't have our hostess' address - can someone PM it to me?

musicgal
03-11-2008, 11:15 AM
in Panic mode here!
I can't fin LuvLoz's address. I know I had it....

help me!

musicgal
03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
in Panic mode here!
I can't fin LuvLoz's address. I know I had it....

help me!

Like Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say... Never mind!

JoyFlower
03-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks musicgal! I got your PM. :)

LuvLoz
03-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Okay, I have messaged all those people who wanted my address. Since the due date is only 2 days away I'd expect eveyone to have their cards in the mail. Please make sure you let me know when they were posted if I haven't marked them as received yet. Thanks!

LuvLoz
03-18-2008, 08:26 AM
I've updated the received list and left itraders for everyone that has been received so far.

LuvLoz
03-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Okay, I'm sorry to be two days late on sending these out, but I really wanted to wait until those last three sets of cards arrived. I hope everyone understands, what with Easter and the new site and my job problems.

Anyway, all of the returns are now in the mail! You should get them in about a week. Please remember to leave an itrader for me, and post here when they are received. Thanks!

JoyFlower
03-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Thank you, LuvLoz! :)

alisl
04-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi, I have received two cards today in this swap.
Maxie 23
and bizzyare
Thanks Ritchie for hosting this swap.

JoyFlower
04-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Fun cards received today from Sparklet and Elena.

Thanks for hosting, LuvLoz - hope you received some lovelies for your card collection! :)

JoyFlower
04-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, I left itrader for our hostess and rep for Elena...but I can't find Sparklet...maybe she didn't join the new site...or does anyone know of her using a new name?

**calling into cyberspace** "Oh, SPARKLET, where ARE you?" :laugh:

LuvLoz
04-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Glad to hear these are starting to arrive in their new homes. I couldn't find a new username for Sparklet either.

ksj1717
04-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I received two wonderful cards today! Thanks for hosting, Luvloz! Hostess points coming soon. Thank you to Vicki Z and to maxie23. Great job on these!

awmaw
04-06-2008, 08:46 AM
I returned home from the CK Convention in St Louis to find two absolutely wonderful shaker cards had come home to me! Thank you amyfaerie and lovluz for the loving attention you put into these two fantastic cards. And thank you to lovluz for hosting this creative swap. It was a wonderful idea and I had so much fun participating.

fingers
04-10-2008, 02:19 AM
thanks to luvloz forhosting this swap,
received cards from bizzyare & joyflower
given rep pts

LuvLoz
04-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm so pleased to hear that everyone is happy with their swap returns. I hope at least some of you will keep making these style cards.

maxie23
04-11-2008, 05:12 AM
Thank you to our host and to the ones I received lovely shaker atcs from today; kandm17 and alisl. Thank you all.