PDA

View Full Version : All Types of Art a-thon is coming Jun 24-27!!!!!!!

HHC
06-10-2010, 12:44 AM
For those of us who are unable to attend the AFA gathering in New York... we're holding our own party Thursday June 24 (noon) through Sunday June 27 (11:59pm).

Come play and create art and/or visit in our virtual art room where ALL types of art is encouraged. Do whatever makes you happy and trade or just share what you've made. I hope you join us!

This is the warm up thread... so we can get as excited as those who are attending the AFA gathering.

And if we're lucky, we'll get a few AFA NY attendees to share what's happening with them as we play in our virtual AFA gathering... :D

HHC
06-10-2010, 12:45 AM
So who's ready to play?

Evalila
06-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Oooh, my 2 nephews´ christening will be that weekend and I´ll have lots to do. But I hope to find at least a little time to play. :)

Chardonnay1965
06-10-2010, 04:27 AM
I'll be around for some of it..:D:D

lemurkat
06-10-2010, 05:09 AM
i've got a 3 day weekend. might see what I can do!

HHC
06-10-2010, 10:37 AM
I work a part of that weekend, and have a seminar on Sunday, but that still gives me time to do a bit of art. :)

beeps
06-11-2010, 12:10 PM
i'm excited. i love THONs of all sorts.

can we "pregame" for this thon? i figure those going to AFA will be taking premade stuff to trade :)

not crazy pregaming... just some. i was thinking of making some stuffies but i have to be in the mood to make those little ones :)

GoldenWolf
06-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Beeps has a good point. I will be gone Saturday and maybe part of Sunday, but could still do some trading if we can prep ahead of time just like the folks going to AFA. Otherwise, I'll be pretty limited.

sniisk
06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I won't have internet connection then. I'm not playing this time.

EraserQueen
06-11-2010, 01:11 PM
This sounds really cool! I'd be happy to keep you guys posted, if I get get the lap top working LOL

Tamrantula
06-12-2010, 12:12 AM
I am caught up with everything--got NOTHING hanging over my head! Whoo Hoo!

So...I will play along as time permits--do have a busy weekend, but if we do prep some beforehand like our Rochester-ites, I should be able to participate! I already have some backgrounds for ATCs, Chunky pages, some art doll pieces...and who knows what else by then!

Can't wait to play!

HHC
06-12-2010, 12:32 AM
i'm excited. i love THONs of all sorts.

can we "pregame" for this thon? i figure those going to AFA will be taking premade stuff to trade :)

not crazy pregaming... just some. i was thinking of making some stuffies but i have to be in the mood to make those little ones :)

I think we could "pregame" some. Besides making stuffies (which is not what I know how to do) what pre-gaming do folks want to do?
Goody bags? ATC backgrounds to trade?
What ideas do you have?

HHC
06-12-2010, 12:33 AM
This sounds really cool! I'd be happy to keep you guys posted, if I get get the lap top working LOL

Yay! We'd love to have a front row "seat" to the fun happenings! :wubclub:

Tamrantula
06-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Well, just my thoughts....I thought she was saying that since AFA-ers were pre-making some things to trade, then could we premake some things to have ready to trade.

I think? LOL

HHC
06-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Remember that the original idea behind the a-thon is to be together creating. The weekend is special because we ARE together, in our different time zones, creating and trading and visiting.

We are not attending the AFA event so we are doing something to create artistic energy at the same time they are gathering and sharing.

While some pre-made backgrounds and goody bags are one thing, I'm not comfortable with pre-making cards to trade as if I was going to the AFA event. If someone wants to do that, feel free to host a swap. That's seriously not what an a-thon is about, in my very biased and personal view.

HHC
06-12-2010, 01:20 AM
And yes, I'm a bit tired and grumpy tonight. :yes:

Just Ducky
06-12-2010, 01:34 AM
yes, Helen I think the part of getting ready for our A-Thon like getting some backgrounds ready or even cutting some images... prep work is fine... but not to make cards...
that just takes away from the whole marathon gettogether idea...

Tamrantula
06-12-2010, 01:53 AM
okie dokie!

Will prep my little heart out--but no actual art!

Got it! LOL

beeps
06-12-2010, 10:07 AM
goodie bags could be fun. my last THON i put some goodies in with each trade. maybe people can make supply envies for tradings/swaping. maybe we can have a contest! prizes!

i know it will be a busy weekend for me (BFF is turning 33!!). i'll get my supplies ready and my work area cleaned up (yeah right lol).

dsign49
06-12-2010, 11:18 AM
That is a very busy weekend for me. I don't think I will be able to play. I will stop and have a look as to what everyone is creating. It is so much fun creating and trading at the same time. That is what a a-thon is all about. Create and trade

Evil Seedlet
06-12-2010, 11:37 AM
I'll be around at least a bit! That's the week after I move, so hopefully I'll have things unpacked and ready to art by then.

chaosatlanta
06-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm definitely up for this! :yes:

chaosatlanta
06-12-2010, 12:00 PM
maybe we can have a contest! prizes!
ooh! fun! fun! fun!

:idea: I have an idea for a collaborative art project ... will have to think some more about it.

It would be a good weekend to try something new, too!
I think I will poke around the internet & look for some little project tutorials & ideas.

chaosatlanta
06-12-2010, 01:38 PM
how would y'all feel about an artsy "scavenger hunt" type game?

for example: I would post a crazy, artsy scavenger hunt list with items to make, find, new thing to try, or whatever crazy notions I get ... the person who finds or completes the most items on the list wins.

some would be simple, such as: make an ATC that has a face on it
some would be harder, such as: photograph someone with a painted face

entries could be posted in each person's gallery, or to a special thread, or whatever works best. any art made for the scavenger hunt could be traded during the a-thon, too!

I think this could be a lot of fun!
I don't want to distract from the a-thon, but would like to do something extra special during it.

*Let me know what you think.

Evil Seedlet
06-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I really like that idea! It'll be fun plus maybe give theme ideas to people who aren't sure what to make or do next! There could be all kinds of arty things on the list, like chunky pages and paper dolls, etc to pull people out of their shells and comfort zone. This should happen. lol

dsign49
06-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Oh you are making this sound like so much fun. :yes:
I know I won't have time to participate. :arghh::arghh:
I will be lurking ifI get the chance.:yes::yes:

beeps
06-12-2010, 05:58 PM
the little hunt sounds like fun. i like doing challenges that make me try new stuff (i.e. the stamp a thon!).

i was thinking the same thing IRIADream - last time most trading was ATC art. i thought about doing some sewing (little stuffies) but that requires more postage and they can be hard to trade with since most people do ATCs. i love some ATCs.

i would like to do some chunky pages. i've read about them a bit and they seem like fun but i think most people do swaps or books on specific themes. i think i'll stick with mixed media ATCs and maybe some little stuffies... or fabric cards. that could be fun.

i'm also waiting for the joann sale... $1 fat quarters! sign me up. and i have 4 50% coupons. gonna get a heat tool for embossings finally. tired to burning stuff with my wood (works okay but it gets too hot!0

beeps
06-13-2010, 10:28 PM
how do you emboss with a toaster?

i just bought a gun today with my half off coupon (eh, heat gun for embossing). i have a toaster oven. oh well, i can use it to dry my pigment stamps.

is canvas sturdy enough to cut to ATC size and paint? i know 1000 has some cards made with different materials. one is painted fabric. it's cool but the person made it too small for ATC size. **annoyed face** i like to see how much i can mail for 44 cents/one ounce. i sent joss like 6 of 8 cards (on bristol) once and was just under 1 ounce... i loved it!

beeps
06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
i have some acrylic canvas paper. i wonder if that is the same as the precuts you bought (i know what one you are talking about - i think only swathmore makes atc blanks as far as i know). i'll see what the weight is. i think it is micheal store brand

edit: oh, that is how you do it with a "regular" toaster. i have a toaster oven and when i read about using a toaster the instructions were not clear that they meant a "slot" toaster. lol.

HHC
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Sounds like everyone has good ideas for projects to work on during the weekend... :D

HHC
06-14-2010, 07:20 PM
how would y'all feel about an artsy "scavenger hunt" type game?

for example: I would post a crazy, artsy scavenger hunt list with items to make, find, new thing to try, or whatever crazy notions I get ... the person who finds or completes the most items on the list wins.

some would be simple, such as: make an ATC that has a face on it
some would be harder, such as: photograph someone with a painted face

entries could be posted in each person's gallery, or to a special thread, or whatever works best. any art made for the scavenger hunt could be traded during the a-thon, too!

I think this could be a lot of fun!
I don't want to distract from the a-thon, but would like to do something extra special during it.

*Let me know what you think.

I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that into the a-thon the least confusing way.

What if we had a scavenger hunt list for each day, kinda like the themes or challenges some a-thons have had, and whoever finds the most for that day wins a prize?

Although who will be giving the prizes and what ideas do you have for that?

Hmmm.... maybe someone can take responsibility for each day's "list" or challenge and then give the prize for whoever "wins".

Eek! This is starting to sound complicated and I don't want to be complicated. I just wanna have fun. LOL!

Putting my thinking cap on....

HHC
06-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Keep throwing out ideas...

As long as I don't have to do too much work, or spend too much money mailing prizes, I'm up for most anything. :D

chaosatlanta
06-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I was thinking I could run the Scavenger Hunt & supply the prize(s).

Here is what I had in mind:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can start a thread in the lounge (fun & games area) for the scavenger hunt & post a link to it from the a-thon thread.

In the Scavenger Hunt thread: I will post a master list of things to do/make/complete. On my computer, I will keep a spreadsheet with the point tallies/items completed for each player. Players can email or PM completed tasks to me, or post to the Scavenger Hunt thread & I can verifiy/update points. I will post updated point tallies a few times each day to the thread.

*Any art made can be posted to the Art-a-thon thread for trading & then the player can just let me know "I completed this item & posted it in the Art-a-thon thread."

I will supply a prize for the winner (probably a mix of art & goodies - nothing major).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does this sound OK? I am willing to hear suggestions.

Thanks,
Cheryl

HHC
06-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Sounds good.

littlekittenlost
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
This could be an excuse to have 'nana' take the little one for a night ...

beeps
06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
i think that sounds good. we could brainstorm a list and it could help people who want/need ideas be inspired!

maybe we could do lists under headings, like:

-Themes (i.e. zetti, birds, elephants, babies)
-Methods (collage, painted, hand drawn, fabrics)
-Arts (atc, stuffie, jewlery, non atc sized art)
-wild card points (glitter, something you haven't made before, item with moving parts, doubles and tripples (2 or 3 cards on a theme, like you would make for a swap, finish cards for a swap, start and complete swap cards for a new swap)
-1 points per day playing (art/cards posted to thread)

you could do each item 1 time for points (so no 10 points for 10 collage cards) but you can get multiple points per art piece for using different things (i.e. collage - zetti - cat = 3 points). this would spark creativity (how to make something with high points) and help keep things fair (some can make things faster than others).

we could do an "honor system" so no one has to be mad with point tracking. if we have the sheet done in time, we can each print it off and keep track. ARTs made for the weekend will be posted in thread, so if someone seems "off" it wouldnt be hard to audit if someone had fishy math. but if art is being posted in thread, it wouldnt' be hard for someone to keep track on a spread sheet of points earned - just have everyone who is playing say what "points" were won on each posted item.

e.g.
<<<posts a card i made for THON>> - Zettie cat (points: cat, zetti, collage)
<<<posts another card for THON>> - Zettie bird (points: bird) <--already have points for zetti and collage, so can't double up :)

i would be willing to put together a couple prize envies. i can make a stuffie or a grab bag. we can also limit prizes 1 per person to keep things fun :)

Cat's Cradle
06-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Not sure yet if I can play. Have to see what I have going on.

chaosatlanta
06-14-2010, 10:02 PM
beeps : exactly!! super ideas!!

I have been jotting ideas down for the list & have some real doozers! (There has to be a few super challenging tasks for extra bonus points.)

HHC
06-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Well, the Art-a-thon will be a bit tame in comparison, lol!

Anyone having ideas other than the scavenger hunt, for challenges and themes, let me know.

HHC
06-15-2010, 10:59 AM
I plan to have goody bags for trade. Some general, some themed.

And I just found some ATC sized canveses at JoAnns and they are 50% off this week. So I bought several and will probably play with those.

beeps
06-15-2010, 01:58 PM
yay goodiebags! i will make some also for trading. i think we can have a lot of fun at our thon even if we couldn't go to ROC (ha, that is NY code :))

how about other than the scavenger hunt (which chaosatlanta sounds like she had in the works!) we do a daily challenge.

some ideas -
-layered collage day
-fabric and fibers day
-non ATC mail art day (bigger items, art dolls, tins, dotties, jewelry)
-mixed media day
-wearable art day (jewelry, pins, buttons... ?)
-new techniques (could list some different things. i just did some inkjet transfers - so cool!)

if anyone organizing a game/challenge/etc wants help with prizes, i wouldn't mind mailing a grab bag out. just let me know. i should be cleaning house and working on my dissertation, not dreaming up playing online (but it is more fun).

HHC
06-16-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh, great ideas, beeps! I love the non-ATC day idea and new technique days the most...

So we have four days so four challenges. what to do, what to do! lol!

Of course doing the challenge is always optional. People can create whatever they are in the mood to create or just come visit and view the eye candy. :)

Just Ducky
06-16-2010, 12:49 AM
ATART marathon is big enough challange for this wearing out Duck...
chunky's... bookmarks ... and my good ol' standby ATCs... that will be my challange...
but then it might end up being one of each... I still pooped, but this ol' Ducky can still crawl with the big ducks... :unsure:

HHC
06-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Ducky, a chunky is a "non-atc" item so would fit that challenge just by definition. heehee! :)

No requirements to do any challenges or themes, just play at whatever makes you happy.

beeps
06-16-2010, 10:33 AM
i hope one of the games includes a list of topics/themes because that is my problem these days. my depression is creeping around (doesn't get bad but won't go away) and i'm have art block except for odd BAMS where i can do a swap (i.e. frida last weekend).

i've never made a chunky page. HUM. i might have to try that. i want to make some dotties too

HHC
06-16-2010, 10:42 AM
beeps, chunky pages are fun! What are dotties?

beeps
06-16-2010, 03:32 PM
there is a dottie swap over in other mail art.. they are like little art dolls. i guess they have a hanger (so you hang them). i think of tree ordiments when i see them but they are fabric and stuffed. sad i missed out on that swap. next time. my problem is i don't like wool/feathers/leather stuff in my house. have to make sure the host can check that for me :)

theweavershand
06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
cant think of a better way to spend my birthday weekend...esp since i cant be in Rochester. wont be the same without Sanna though!

ginabee
06-16-2010, 08:13 PM
I'll be here, my schedule is clear. I've ordered some alcohol inks to try out and two new stamps!! Getting backgrounds, images...together. YIPEE!@Love to Thon with you. Sorry, Sniisk, that you won't have internet.

sniisk
06-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Thank you all who said those kind words. I'd be happy to play but I have more important things in my life now. And the things are not only good ones :(.

JavaZarf
06-17-2010, 09:28 AM
i am lurking
not sure if i will be able to play but i will if i can

KESagers
06-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Hoping and planning to play!

GALZART
06-17-2010, 07:56 PM
ATART marathon is big enough challange for this wearing out Duck...
chunky's... bookmarks ... and my good ol' standby ATCs... that will be my challange...
but then it might end up being one of each... I still pooped, but this ol' Ducky can still crawl with the big ducks... :unsure:

If Ducky is going to be there, I'll be there to support the Senior Brigade! Don't know how much creating I'll be doing...probably more lurking.

HHC
06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Lurking is allowed... throw a few chatty comments in too. :)

RobbyGirl
06-17-2010, 08:17 PM
I plan to be here! It will give me the jump start I need to gear up and make cards for the Oregon Live gathering too! I would love to trade backgrounds and Goodie Envelopes too!

Aime
06-17-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm planning on playing! This gives me a chance to try some new techniques.

Just Ducky
06-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Senior Brigade.... did she really say that ???? yea, Galzart we oldies gotta stick together.
show them youn-in's how its done...:jiggy:
I am sharpening my glue stick and uncaping my sissors... as we speak...

theweavershand
06-18-2010, 12:23 AM
please! you "Seniors" outdo me everytime! nice try! :rolleyes:

Theresagram
06-18-2010, 01:56 AM
I've got a 4 day weekend next weekend! Woohoo!

ICraft
06-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Sounds like a great opportunity to meet some new people, not there is anything wrong with my present peeps :rolleyes: but it is always nice to see other peoples work - I plan on stopping in and hopefully contributing some pieces. I mean it's about time I found out more about all these other little worlds on AFA. Thanks Just Ducky for keeping in the loop. I don't always find stuff unless one of my nice friend puts it in front of me.

GALZART
06-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Senior Brigade.... did she really say that ???? yea, Galzart we oldies gotta stick together.
show them youn-in's how its done...:jiggy:
I am sharpening my glue stick and uncaping my sissors... as we speak...

Oh dear, is that why my glue stick and scissors aren't working well! The glue hasn't been sticking well lately...I blamed it on the weather.

I got so many nice new art supplies last month. Did I tell anyone where I put them? I'll have to check the freezer and see if I put them there. Memory just isn't what it used to be.
How about you, Ducky?

HHC
06-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Oh goody, the "Senior Brigade" will be in attendance! And I didn't even know we had one of those... :laugh:

GALZART
06-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Oh goody, the "Senior Brigade" will be in attendance! And I didn't even know we had one of those... :laugh:

Well, it's not an "official" brigade (yet), but someone has to whip the 'young 'uns' in line sometimes. I know I'll have to take naps between cards.

HHC
06-18-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm hoping I'm considered a "young 'un" since I don't usually have to take naps between cards. :laugh:

GALZART
06-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm hoping I'm considered a "young 'un" since I don't usually have to take naps between cards. :laugh:

I think that would be correct!

Theresagram
06-18-2010, 11:12 PM
I think I'm a tweeny. :huh:

Tamrantula
06-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Hmm--wondering where I fit in....

I do stay up late...but, often nap between cards (cause I work nights, and need to sleep SOMETIME!) LOL

I am just a square peg in a round hole! Maybe that makes me a "square-ster"?? LOL

My mother-in-law says you are not old till your youngest child turns 50...so, I got a while to go on that front. My youngest is 13!

theweavershand
06-19-2010, 12:03 AM
i like that! my youngest is 14 so that gives me a ways to go. still getting used to being a grandma, in my 40s and still feeling like a teenager most of the time! so many contradictions!!

GALZART
06-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Hmm--wondering where I fit in....

My mother-in-law says you are not old till your youngest child turns 50...so, I got a while to go on that front. My youngest is 13!

The four kids I used to babysit are all over 50!

dsign49
06-19-2010, 11:21 AM
I am just wondering what I will be miss in this a-thon. The Senior Brigade has some of the best art. Even if they think they are slow.

KESagers
06-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Is it next weekend yet? Waiting . . . and waiting . . .

Locke
06-20-2010, 02:20 PM
I would like to try to do this Cx i just got my new art desk all set up and it needs love D:<

Joss
06-20-2010, 05:26 PM
oh oh yes, the london 'oldie' is here and ready, senior brigade -let's show these youngsters how it's done.

dsign49
06-20-2010, 05:32 PM
You will show them

winterchild
06-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm gonna finish the 3 swpas I need to do and *PLAY*.....!!! I may be the first to start...... any other players from the *Front* of the world? ;) I mean it's like a mere 71 hours away down here.... I better get a move on, knowing my huge talenst for proscrastination.... de dum de dum de dah.....

Hmmmmmmm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procrastination

Gotta be a card or two in that lot..... some Dark Art too I fancy.....

HHC
06-20-2010, 10:26 PM
winterchild, my son visited the "front" part of the world in March and had a wonderful time. It's on my bucket list to come visit too. :)

Only 69-ish hours for you now! Does that mean I need to start getting organized? :eek:

winterchild
06-20-2010, 10:45 PM
I came to visit for a break with my 4 kids, knowing nothing or noone about this tiny Antipodean....country...... that was over 5 years ago.... I never went home......!

Just Ducky
06-20-2010, 11:07 PM
winterchild you's so far-down under we will have to send you cookie crumbs to follow.
.and I have heard that once a Zealander always a Zealander... but what a beautiful spot you have choosen for HOME....

and YES, the Senior Brigade is a -comin.... may the force be with us "
got my teeth sitting here in a cup... nylons rolled down ... apron pockets full of tiny bits of paper... bi/tri focal glasses cleaned... heating pad warmed for aching back.... even have moved crafting area CLOSER to the bathroom... have 3 alarms set for pill taking...
so yep, getting set up...

theweavershand
06-20-2010, 11:09 PM
OMG! Nancy, you are so funny! You always make me laugh! What a blessing you are!

Tamrantula
06-20-2010, 11:20 PM
My sentiments exactly, weavershand! Ducky ALWAYS puts a smile on my face!

Just Ducky
06-20-2010, 11:51 PM
:jiggy: :swoon: :yes:

aaaaa. geee. gals you's all so great.. and yep LIfe is Just Ducky....

winterchild
06-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Hey Justducky... I moved my Art Space right behind my bed... was too cold everywhere else except in front of the woodburner which was not permitted!!! The chimney runs up right past my bed head tho.... ;) My Mac is in here too..... just bring on the wine and we'are all set..... sleepover anyone?!!!

HHC
06-21-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm up for a sleep over. :D If I leave now... will I be there in time?

chaosatlanta
06-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Just a few more days to go ...

dsign49
06-21-2010, 02:10 PM
And I will be lurking. If nothing else just to see how ducky is doing or if she just peedered out.:D

HHC
06-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I plan to have the "official" thread up this evening so we're all ready to go for the New Zealanders among us. :) We'll be starting Thursday June 24 at 12:00 noon... in each time zone.

winterchild
06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
LOL HHC... sure you would because you will be flying into the future!!! If I left here and flew to Hawaii I believe I would arrive before I left here....:)

Oh and thanks for the NZ alert.. you guys ROCK!!! Gonna realy enjoy this.. anyway.... soon be time to get my *greypower* card!!!! Do ya have those there? Over here if you are over 50 you get 10% discount in some places....! Probably stuff I don't want LOL!!!!

beeps
06-21-2010, 04:28 PM
i'm excited for this - you all crack me up!

i love time zone flying. i do like going where i "gain" time... not when i loose it. i only gain 3 hours going to the west US coast... i wanna try getting somewhere before i left!!

so we have some games and contests. when are those gonna be posted? i wanna plan. just printed out some card backs. i found avery.com/print you can make business cards. i print them on reg paper and cut then down. get ten backs per page. woooot. i also use it to make my labels for mailing sometimes

chaosatlanta
06-21-2010, 04:48 PM
I have been working hard on the scavenger hunt list. I will be sure to post it within the next day or two! (Soon after the official Art-a-thon thread is posted.)

It is a pretty big & crazy list ... I don't expect anyone to do ALL of the things on the list, but I wanted to make sure that I had a nice variety of things to do and themes to try & hope that everyone has fun with it.

theweavershand
06-21-2010, 05:11 PM
woohoo! i cant wait! thanks so much for putting that together!

beeps
06-21-2010, 05:31 PM
it's gonna be awesome! can't wait!

HHC
06-21-2010, 07:52 PM
so we have some games and contests. when are those gonna be posted? i wanna plan. just printed out some card backs. i found avery.com/print you can make business cards. i print them on reg paper and cut then down. get ten backs per page. woooot. i also use it to make my labels for mailing sometimes

I'm not sure what the games for the a-thon thread will be yet... but there will be a challenge of some sort for each day.

HHC
06-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I have been working hard on the scavenger hunt list. I will be sure to post it within the next day or two! (Soon after the official Art-a-thon thread is posted.)

It is a pretty big & crazy list ... I don't expect anyone to do ALL of the things on the list, but I wanted to make sure that I had a nice variety of things to do and themes to try & hope that everyone has fun with it.

Sounds fun!

HHC
06-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Okay... here's the challenge list for the a-thon.
Theme for the Weekend is “It’s Summer!”

Thursday is Layered Art challenge. See how many layers you can include on your piece of art. List them when posting to be eligible for a fun prize.

Friday is Non-ATC Mail Art day – inchies, twinchies, chunky pages, rollos, tags, post cards… you get the idea.

Saturday is Mixed Media Day. Use three or more media in your art. List what all you’ve used to be eligible for the prize - a package of papers and ephemera.

Sunday is Stamp Day! Use at least one rubber stamped image somewhere in the art you create today. Bonus points for hand carved stamp image. ;)

Are there any volunteers to host the prizes? I'll host Saturday's and another day for sure. And/or if you have a better challenge you want to host, speak now or forever hold your peace. LOL!

HHC
06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
okay... here's the official thread. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=725545#post725545

Anyone else want to host a day's challenge and prize?

winterchild
06-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Going to the Official one now... but..... being a down under pain in the butt... can I do It's Winter? Cos it is here :)

HHC
06-21-2010, 10:18 PM
winterchild... you can do whatever floats your boat. :D

beeps
06-22-2010, 08:52 AM
i will provide a prize for one of the days. i can do a mixed goodie bag for mixed media day (different papers, text, fabric, ribbons, brads, blanks, whatever i have). i can do a 5x7" mailer :)

I can also do an envie of stamped images for the stamp prize.

not sure about hosting though. it is my roomies BD weekend and there are many pies to be baked :)

chaosatlanta
06-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I just posted the Scavenger Hunt (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15729) thread.

I hope everyone who plays has FUN (and please don't hate me if you don't like the challenges)!

sharlene54
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm hoping to play. I'm slow at making cards, but it sounds like fun. This will be my first Art-a-thon.

beeps
06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
that is a great list of activities! my brain is bouncing with ideas. i'm gonna print it out and try to plan a little bit. i'm totallly making myself a hat!

chaosatlanta
06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
that is a great list of activities! my brain is bouncing with ideas. i'm gonna print it out and try to plan a little bit. i'm totallly making myself a hat!

Yay! The hat was my favorite idea! I hope everyone makes a tiara, crown, or party hat!

theweavershand
06-22-2010, 04:53 PM
great idea, beeps! got it printed out and my thinking cap on too.

beeps
06-22-2010, 07:39 PM
oh no, do i have competition?

actually, i don't think i'll get a lot of points. too much to do this weekend. hum. i have two 5 point projects planned other than my hat lol

Theresagram
06-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Well, I will be here. Hope my fever is gone by then, but I'll be here. :)

HHC
06-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Okay... the new thread is open so I'm closing this one to reduce confusion. Come play!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=725545#post725545