PDA

View Full Version : IT’S SUMMER All Types of Art a-Thon Weekend, June 24-27!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

ginabee
06-28-2010, 10:41 AM
I hear GOOD VIBRATIONS, now...lol
Thanks for the links Evalila.
GOOD MORNING!!

jensaz
06-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Never done a chunky, but when I get home from work I'll look at the links... Does it REALLY have to reference a summer song??? Can it just be Summer themed????

Just askin'

:wacko:

Evalila
06-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Good morning all!

Hereīs my first piece for today, a page for my tree chunky book in progress (been reeeeal slow, itīs too hot for me - almost 32 degrees Centigrade which is about 90 degrees Fahrenheit I think)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_TreeChunky043.jpg not available

Evalila
06-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Hereīs another link about chunkies:

http://interiordecorating.suite101.com/article.cfm/decorate_for_the_holidays

bluelotusflower
06-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Awesome art posted here this weekend!

ArtsyLady
06-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Since I'm new to chunkies also....how do most people bind the book together? I have pages from past swaps and I'm not quite sure the best way to put them together for display....suggestions...hints....thoughts are all appreciated

jaw
06-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Never done a chunky, but when I get home from work I'll look at the links... Does it REALLY have to reference a summer song??? Can it just be Summer themed????

Just askin'

so whatever your heart desires!!!

HHC
06-28-2010, 11:35 AM

Just askin'

jenaz, it can be whatever you want. The theme is summer music, so a bird singing in summer fits that description, someone playing a guitar on a beach... beach boys song or any other summery music idea you can come up with.

Of course, anything you want to do is absolutely fine. :D

jaw
06-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi all (although a lot of you are now working and not here to see me) ... I am here and have been Soul Collaging like crazy since our class yesterday. I plan to work on some chunkies today ... best laid plans ... hmmmm ....
It's been a hoot this past few days to listen to HHC read the thread and break out in hysterical laughter ... so I then run to the art room and read it and laugh ... all the while, wine and more wine ... has been making it's way to our glasses! I HAVE been making art, just not ATARTishness... but that's okay ...

jaw
06-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I HAVE been making art, just not ATARTishness... but that's okay ...

actually ... that would be "just not ATCishness" ... need to start our own dictionary!!!

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Could somebody explain Gothic Arches again? I know I saw that once on this thread already, but I don't remember where it was...

Just Ducky
06-28-2010, 11:52 AM
so lets see... we got JAW and HHC together today doing art ???? wine ????
general getting in trouble day....
this may prove interesting by evening.... can't wait to see what these 2 are going to have for SHOW and TELL by evening....:wacko:

just might give JAW idea of a CONe HeaD arch... I think Jaw may have started a whole new Mail-ARt theme... :cool:

Just Ducky
06-28-2010, 11:54 AM
yea, HHC posted someplace here this weekend ... I looked for it... and didn't find it..
anyone know the post number ????? I think it was on Friday... for the ARCH

ARCH... Helen posted a couple links on post # 371... go read her post there...

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks so much, Just Ducky!

beeps
06-28-2010, 12:04 PM
jensaz - dont' overthink the chunky :) i did my first this weekend after lots of worries about them and they are like making ATCs but are 4x4 inches square. you can use more "thick" stuff on them. i have one with brads and you can use ribbons and beads, 3D kinds of things. just let your imagination run wild! they can also be flat and more "atc" ish. we have lots of good examples of all kinds of chunkies in the thread.

i think you use a cereal box or thin board like that to "sandwich" the front and back to make it sturdy, right?

you can also put danglies on it but it isn't required. i haven't danglied mine but mostly because i don't have anything that cool to use to dangle.

here are my chunkies - all are currently available for trading

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5860/large/1_atart_4__1_.JPG this is layered tissue paper, stamp, embossing, some marker. you can see i suck a little at embossing.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5860/large/1_chunkies_2__1_.JPG this has jewels glued on. i hope they stay put!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5860/large/1_chunkies_2__2_.JPG star shaped brads, ink, embossing, stamp, fun papers

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Beeps! Awesome chunkies! I especially love the first one.

Evil Seedlet
06-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Does anyone have a site with info about binding chunky books? I can't get a regular binding machine and most of the sites I find say to use one :S

beeps
06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
huh, i thought you punched holes in and used some ribbon to bind them? or those round clip things. i think there are different ways to do it... but i have never thought about it since i'm chunkyNEWB

Check out my AVAILABLE gallery (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?c=4&u=5860)- If I am already mailing you something why not make it 2:2? lol

Evil Seedlet
06-28-2010, 12:17 PM
That seems like it would work? SO many of the sites are just about how to make a single chunky page :/ And then they just say "bind them together" but don't say how.

KESagers
06-28-2010, 12:19 PM
I think Beeps is right - you get to bind your chunky the way you want to so anything goes . . . but I'm a chunky newb also.

ArtsyLady
06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm with you seedlet, all refer to binding them but I have been unable to find suggestions on how to...

I'm so afraid of just random searching, everytime I do I pick up a virus and can't use my computer till my wonderful son-in-law fixes things for me...

Tamrantula
06-28-2010, 12:28 PM
jenaz, it can be whatever you want. The theme is summer music, so a bird singing in summer fits that description, someone playing a guitar on a beach... beach boys song or any other summery music idea you can come up with.

Of course, anything you want to do is absolutely fine. :D

Thanks for the ideas, HHC...cause I was struggling trying to come up with a "summer" type song. I am just not much of a music person!

Singing birds, I think I can do! Whoo hoo!

LOL

beeps
06-28-2010, 12:29 PM
part of me thinks i'll get an album that is like 9x9 or whatever that size is. cute a 4x4 hole in the page and mount them in from the back. ha ha WIN!!!

only problem is that if you have CHUNKY stuff on there it might damage other ones. i've seen people put S hooks on the top/bottom and do wall hangings with them.

i really think we need to do a chunkython. <--- i think i will say this in every post i make :)

it's been REALLY COOL seeing all the chunkies... and chunkie newb's... trying something new. ooohh! i think there is a place where people arrange "circle journals" or somethign on here that you can do chunky book projects... i wasnt too clear on a lot of it... but i think we could organize somethign like that. i'll look into it.

Tamrantula
06-28-2010, 12:29 PM
I have seen people take a cropodile or similar tool--punch a hole in the left 1/4 inch of the page....then get the binder clips and clip the pages together to make a "book".

That is my 2 cents worth! LOL

RobbyGirl
06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Awesome Chunkies so far today wowser!

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 12:36 PM
One more chunky done for a swap:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6101/small/1_chunky4.jpg

One more to go, then I'll be making a few for trades.

beeps
06-28-2010, 12:38 PM
OHHH i have an idea for binding. not sure how it would work.

they make those "tube screws" for binding books. you can see them in a lot of photo books so you can expand them. they are tubes. one end has a flat "head" on it to keep the pages on. the other is a flat end but a screw that you can remove to add/remove things. i have some at my moms house (in seattle - not gonna help me now!) but that might work.

i think i might try gluing some fabric/ribbon to the edge to make a "lip" and then sew them together. could then fold some paper over the edge to cover the mess and it would glue to the cover and back cover. IDEAS I HAVE... oh, gonna have to play with that one!

ginabee
06-28-2010, 12:38 PM
To bind a chunky you can use round book rings from office supply store.

I have to tell you my funny cat story from yesterday. I was scratching my cat's neck and found the 'sweet spot'. His back leg started kicking, just like dog's do. Well, I started laughing and it made him mad, he tried to bite me.
Whoever said that animals don't have feelings? LOL.

HHC
06-28-2010, 12:46 PM
I have seen people take a cropodile or similar tool--punch a hole in the left 1/4 inch of the page....then get the binder clips and clip the pages together to make a "book".

That is my 2 cents worth! LOL

What she said! :)

Also, I've done the holes and tied ribbons through. I haven't done a "binding machine" thing since I don't have one and am too cheap to pay the copy stores to do it. LOL!

JavaZarf
06-28-2010, 12:50 PM
found this picture that shows one bound with the rings they sell at scrapbook stores

beeps
06-28-2010, 12:50 PM
aww, cat sweet spots! my cat mimi's sweet spot is above her tail on her lower back. she gets this spaced out look on her face!

here she is sleeping/waking up a few minutes ago. i posted it over on the SHunt page. she is not on my lap awaiting cuddlies

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/baypuppy/mimicute.jpg

ginabee
06-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Awww, my baby love, kisses

KESagers
06-28-2010, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=i really think we need to do a chunkython. <--- i think i will say this in every post i make :)[/QUOTE]

LOL - go for it Beeps!

beeps
06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
okay we'll have a chunkython. there is a paint one coming up. i'm not going to do a poll. what weekends are good for people this summer? i'm out the second in august but... !!!

it will be fun. let's be a little less intense than for this one... i'm sooo tired!!

Evil Seedlet
06-28-2010, 01:16 PM
(You all should go to the paint-a-thon, btw ;))

I would at least try to check out a chuny-a-thon! Not my normal media but I liked making the one and I'd really like to try more.

mrubyjean
06-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Chunky-a-thon ...fun idea!

Just don't schedule it on July 9-11...some of us West-coasters with be getting together in Oregon...and I think we'll be busy enough!

KESagers
06-28-2010, 01:23 PM
okay we'll have a chunkython. there is a paint one coming up. i'm not going to do a poll. what weekends are good for people this summer? i'm out the second in august but... !!!

it will be fun. let's be a little less intense than for this one... i'm sooo tired!!

The second weekend is August is NO good for me either and this next weekend is 4th of July but other than that my calender is open - until something comes up and surprises me. Actually the July 24th weekend is perfect for me but it's the weekend after the paint-a-thon.

KESagers
06-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Here is my first chunky of the day. Collage with silk flower embellishment. Not sure if this one needs a dangly or not.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Dreams-Leap.jpg
Dreams Leap-traded

Evil Seedlet
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Ok, some of my posts had horrible pictures so I am redoing them and scanning them to look nice, some of my old pics in this thread might disappear but everything is in my gallery so if you go back and read a description that seems interesting you can go there to see it.

ginabee
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Beautiful..I'm working on my chunky page. Got 4 ATC's in the mail, yipee.
The sooner the better for a chunky-thon for me. I'm moving in August but whatever the consensus is.

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 01:44 PM
It'd be nice if the chunky-thon was before the end of August. I'm heading to college then and it'll be a bit harder to dedicate a full weekend to art (though I'm most definitely keeping up the creativity - I'm going to take a minor in art, I hope)

HHC
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I second the NOT July 9-12. I never know my schedule, and don't have trips scheduled past that one so far this summer, so generally will be around.

Only one caution... chunky-a-thons have been held in the past. We should check with whomever hosted it so as to avoid stepping on any toes.

Linda4atc
06-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Morning Peoples...:cool:

That seems like it would work? SO many of the sites are just about how to make a single chunky page :/ And then they just say "bind them together" but don't say how.

When I first started chunkies I had the same question. Some people even asked for pages 4 1/2 x 4 to make room for the binding. (But this has passed I think). It was a mermaid chunky swap that started me out. I used three of those snap rings to bind it with the large eyelets in the holes... I am not happy with this. The pages do not turn easily once I got several pages on th ring. I have even thought about trying to replace the eyets with bigger grommets like I used to use for my Ren Faire bodices.:spinny:

I would like to bind some with spiral wire bindings this can be done at an office supply. But I would have to be really sure nothing important is on that edge (front or back (some people have signed in the binding edge:no:) And I would probably only do it IF I was sure I didn't want to add to that book.

What I think most people do, and what I plan to do now is just a single hole in the top left corner ...

jensaz - dont' overthink the chunky :) i did my first this weekend after lots of worries about them and they are like making ATCs but are 4x4 inches square. you can use more "thick" stuff on them. i have one with brads and you can use ribbons and beads, 3D kinds of things. just let your imagination run wild! they can also be flat and more "atc" ish. we have lots of good examples of all kinds of chunkies in the thread.

i think you use a cereal box or thin board like that to "sandwich" the front and back to make it sturdy, right?

you can also put danglies on it but it isn't required. i haven't danglied mine but mostly because i don't have anything that cool to use to dangle.

I have not had time to do art but I may be able to put together some fibers and chunky type stuff if anyone is interested in that as a trade...:):idea: Maybe in trade for a 2x6 with a fantasy theme (ie: mermaids, dragons, castles, and such) I am making a bookmark book, no dangelies, must be sturdy I will bind in top left corner. Personal info and title for 2x6 on back.

HHC
06-28-2010, 02:25 PM
That said, most previous hosts are quite okay with someone hosting another a-thon... or swap for that matter. :D
"Borrowing" an idea and not checking has happened in the past and caused bad feelings, and I like it when everyone is happy with everyone else.
Just my opinion. :D

ginabee
06-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Can you tell what song I have in mind on this Chunky Page?

My Little Surfer Girl TRADED
lyrics added on the back

Linda4atc
06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I hosted the Learn-a-thon, and thought I would be hosting more. During the Fire season my husband is sometimes gone for weeks on end, and I don't have problems getting out to the post office when the roads are dry. This is when I wanted to do stuff like the LAT and hosting a couple of swaps. With the kittens so far I am finding limited time to sit down and do art.

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
One last chunky for the swap
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6101/small/1_chunky5.jpg

And now, on to ones for trading!

Linda4atc
06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Gina it won't let me rep you, but that is adorable. It reminds me of Gidget from the beach movies.

melissamyth
06-28-2010, 02:48 PM
way too easily distracted . . . and so much great art to look at. Better get to work myself . . .

ginabee
06-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Linda...I'm just starting out with chunkies and need to go to Michaels's for supplies, lol.

theweavershand
06-28-2010, 02:50 PM
excited to make some more chunkies today. the ones i made earlier were specifically made to qualify for points in the scavenger hunt. now im free to make whatever my muse inspires!

Tamrantula
06-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Well, I worked on a couple...made a summertime music card, which I REALLY liked! Until, I saw the scan enlarged and saw a BIG mistake! Sigh! I forgot to cut out the bottom of the guitar handle, and now it is too well glued to fix. So, I won't be trading it--Oh well!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0752.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0753.jpg

ginabee
06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Tam, I love the guitar one, I'll trade ya.

KESagers
06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
I could be wrong in this if I missed something but this is what I found going back a'ways;

The first chunky-a-thon was held on 10-10-08 by AngelaMarieX3. Her last activity on this site was on 11-30-2009. But it looks like Monarch did one more recently on May 29, 2009 and she is still active.

Does this sound right to you HHC?

beeps
06-28-2010, 04:02 PM
heh heh, thanks for the legwork friends. it didn't occur to me that someone might be "upset" if someone else hosted something like a THON. **insert some emoticon** :nah:

i haven't met monarch on here yet. i'll have to track that thread down.

i know there haven't been any since i've been on (a whole 3 months!! ha ha ha). would doing it near the paint a thon mess things up? i don't know how many are planning on playing in that (i plan to try to). i'm gonna look at the july dates, since august gets bad for me with the semester starting up at the end. maybe towards the end of July?

ginabee - are you moving the first weekend in august? i don't want your mail to be all over the place or your stuff to be packed up! what is the LAST weekend you would be able to do it in July and will you have a handle on your mail getting where it needs to (i.e. new house, forwarding, whatever one does :) i haven't moved in a few years but since moving to albany i've always had the same work addy to use so i forget. i don't look forward to moving when i get a legit job :)

ginabee
06-28-2010, 04:12 PM
It's okay, Beeps, in July and I'll just put my new address for the trades. That'll cover it.
Don't know when, it'll either take a caravan of trucks (our kids, lol) or several trips. I'm leaving the logistics to my Hubby.

beeps
06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
okay i looked at the chunky thon thread. i'm worried about how well it would work since many people like to collect certain kinds of pages. if it wasn't more organized i wonder if people would end up with a lot of their own pages and not many trades.

What if we did a SUMMER themed chunky page swap? that way everyone could have a summer book done with different pages they trade for. Lots of stuff we all like fits summer - ocean pages, flowers and birds, animals and people enjoying the sun, the sun!! the other way to do it would be more like a PAT but i think that could be messy and overwhelming, esp if you get backlogged on the trades!

jensaz
06-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Ok, just got home and read all the posts.. Thanks for the chunkies clarification. I will try to do summer song proud :cool:

ginabee
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Summer Chunky Pages sounds good to me!

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
That's a really good idea beeps. I'd collect any, but that makes good sense to do it on an overarching theme.

jensaz
06-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I TOTALLY don't want to end up with MY pages... :no:;) Oh wait, I mean, my stuff isn't bad or anything, I just don't want it... That didn't sound better did it??????:wacko:

Summer theme swap sounds good to me too mainly because I haven't even done one chunky yet and when I do, if no one wants to trade for it, I may end up needing to add more to it later to make a book!!!

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Agh, of course, now that I finish the chunkies for the swap, I run out of ideas... Anybody have cures for artist's block?

KESagers
06-28-2010, 04:37 PM
It all sounds good to me. Just let me know where, what and when.

I'm working on another chunky - first part of it needs to dry before I can finish it.

ginabee
06-28-2010, 04:39 PM
My problem is I want to keep the chunkies I'm making, lol. I don't have a book, yet...
I'll keep trying-to let go.

Evil Seedlet
06-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Love Chunky page, mixed media. Not for trade, I like it too much! I'm on the boat with ya ginabee!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5124/medium/1_love_chunky.jpg

beeps
06-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Agh, of course, now that I finish the chunkies for the swap, I run out of ideas... Anybody have cures for artist's block?

to do some scav hunt list tasks... see if you can make a card with 8 points to it!

that helped me get though the weekend. sometimes i'll ask 1000 or my bestie for an idea of what to draw. that is where this guy came from :

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5860/small/1_atart8__4_.JPG

melissamyth
06-28-2010, 04:45 PM
so, I was digging through my stuff and found two huge scrapbooking stacks that I forgot about . . . I bought them during a sale and got a good deal. I don't scrapbook so I just bought them for ATCs and such m and here I am making atcs and searching for materials . . . shame on my scattered brain . ..

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I never saw the scavenger hunt list... I should go find that...

theweavershand
06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
ghillietoes42...check the scavenger hunt list...the hunt may be over but the list is still full of awesome ideas!

Cheryl, you totally rock!

theweavershand
06-28-2010, 04:50 PM
woohoo..obviously great minds think alike!

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Haha, thanks, guys. I'm looking for it now. From what I've seen, there's a treehouse... That's all I know thus far. Once I find, I shall create!

ginabee
06-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Love Chunky page, mixed media. Not for trade, I like it too much! I'm on the boat with ya ginabee!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5124/medium/1_love_chunky.jpg

Gorgeous, Seedlet! I don't want to start a trend, lol.....Beeps, that's cute,sharky dancing..

Tamrantula
06-28-2010, 05:02 PM
A couple more cards--a silly vintage couple, and my first playing card ATC

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0755.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0754.jpg

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
One more card done:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6101/small/1_atc65.jpg

I'm thinking about starting a series of... a lot of cards... combining the two major zodiacs (Chinese and Western). I'm not sure how well some of them will work, and it'll take a long time, but it could be interesting.

ginabee
06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
For you dog loving travelers...

Travel the World chunky page-the back is soft blue with whales in soft hue TRADED

ghillietoes42
06-28-2010, 05:22 PM
For you dog loving travelers...

Travel the World chunky page

Love it! Really cute page. (I'm scared to put much onto my pages, and I'm impressed by those who do it well)

ginabee
06-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks ghillie, that means a lot to me. It started with an ATC.
I found out, don't get in a hurry to scan and forget to put on the back. I just had to undo the charm
and ribbon to add the back, it's a soft blue with whales.

KESagers
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
It's finally dry . . .

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Galen-the-Green-Grasshopper.jpg
Galen the Green Grasshopper

ginabee
06-28-2010, 05:45 PM
So cute, KESagers!

theweavershand
06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
im so used to making my ATCs as flat as possible its hard to break that habit and chunk these pages up!

ginabee
06-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Think 3 dimensions. That's what helps me.

dsign49
06-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Everyone has made some awesome art this week-end. I don't think I could have keep up with all of it. I was going to try some chunky art. I started and then had Therapy and now it is time to make supper. Have to many irons in the fire as of now. But I have a quick question regarding chunky pages. Do you swap them also? If I do get some done I will post them and see if they look like chunky pages. You all keep up the good work. I don't know haw you can keep going and going and going. You must be energizer bunnies.

theweavershand
06-28-2010, 05:53 PM
thanks gina! Ill try that.

is there such a thing as too chunky?

ginabee
06-28-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm moderate chunky, leave the left top corner open for binding. Now, I'm even thinking of trying Zentangles...
dsign49, that's so funny 'cause I'm tired...trying to go make one more.

GALZART
06-28-2010, 06:12 PM
I was here all weekend...just lurking...but I did do three cards.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/322/large/1_Three_cards.jpg

Evil Seedlet
06-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Chinese Zodiac Chunky Page (not avail)
Made from some chipboard pieces and a Chinese restaurant place mat, some handmade paper beads, string and some ink.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5124/medium/1_2010-06-28_17-05-49.843.jpg

ginabee
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
What, Galzart? You didn't talk, lol. Great cards, too.
Cute Seedlet, great papers and effects.
I've got permanent glue (jewelers) stuck on my fingertips.

GALZART
06-28-2010, 06:27 PM
What, Galzart? You didn't talk, lol. Great cards, too.
Cute Seedlet, great papers and effects.
I've got permanent glue (jewelers) stuck on my fingertips.

"Thank You"...No, I was just quietly observing.

lunamoth
06-28-2010, 06:48 PM
ginabee....your dog traveler chunky brings back some memories from long ago

keep reading only if you want to hear a dog travel story

memories of lengthy trips in a small car with my Saint Bernard. Once my car broke down at night on an Interstate and no one would stop to help me. The nice fella that finally did stop wouldn't get out of his truck until I told him who was in the backseat. I said it was my Saint Bernard sitting up like a person. He helped me and said people had been saying on their CBs not to stop because I had a big man in the backseat and we might "be out to get" whoever stopped.

KESagers
06-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh my Lunamoth! What a great protector you had!

Here are my 2 submissions for today's challenge. Beach Boys is self explanitory but on the Kate Smith - when I think summer I think 4th of July and that makes me think fireworks which makes me think Kate Smith singing "God Bless America!" So there it is!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_The-Beach-Boys.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Kate-Smith.jpg

ginabee
06-28-2010, 06:56 PM
LOL, lunamoth! great story...hard when you break down like that, though.
I love animals, can you tell? So much of my art, lately has been cats and dogs.
Fab Chunky's, KESAGERS!

jensaz
06-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Funny story lunamoth. I've had drive through people get startled when all of the sudden my shepherd mix decides she's gonna protect me from them. She wouldn't hurt a flea, but when she barks, she, sounds and LOOKS scary and intimidating. If they only knew they could give her a fry and have a face full of kisses... oh well, I guess it's better they don't.

Here is my FIRST EVER chunky attempt!

I picked "Summer Place" as the song and the lyrics are on the back. Used a cut up generic "kleenex" box for the base. I love to recycle!

48192 OKAY, it's NO LONGER available (look of surprise)

lunamoth
06-28-2010, 07:12 PM
KESagers...smokin' summer hot chunkys

ginabee...you know I love your dog & cat art (and the break down ended well as the fella that stopped just happened to be towing a deluxe horse trailer. We put my Saint Bernard in there for the ride out of the middle of nowhere to arrange a tow etc....this was years before cell phones)

beeps....I'd be up for trying chunkys if there is another A-Thon for chunkys.

lunamoth
06-28-2010, 07:17 PM
jensaz...nice dog story...yep, they do their best to take care of us
also like summer place chunky...I remember the song and movie

beeps
06-28-2010, 07:19 PM
there is a contest for today?!?! how did i miss that. i have been all BLAH BLAH NAP NAP TYPE TYPE and here i am missing out on day 5 of the fun. i saw cards posted, i knew of the theme... .but i didn't put it together. lol.

i'm waiting for the winners to be announced for yesterday!! excited!

ginabee
06-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks lunamoth, for the thumbs up on my animal art.
I love hearing about pets..cute jensaz and Lovely Chunky!

I have new shoes, Skechers, and accidentally stepped a little on my cat's feet, oops. He's scared of my shoes, now, and won't walk near me when I wear them.

ginabee
06-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Beeps, I want to donate a prize for the Chunky athon. It's a Purse shaped chipboard album.

Maybe, someone else could donate ribbons, charms...4x4 paper, ephemera, etc.

I love these Athons, I get so creative and inspired during them. Plus, It's a blast.
Thanks so much to the Hostesses.

melissamyth
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
and proof that I haven't been sitting around vegging all day (although there have been moments ;) )

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_dreams.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_fly.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_forever.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_inspired.jpg

two chunkies on cardstock with scrapbook paper backs, and two ATCs. Still waiting on some pending trades, but once I hear from them I'll be able to trade and go knocking on more doors of course. So much great art here.

beeps
06-28-2010, 07:52 PM
oh, that sounds like fun. maybe we can do the themes/prizes again. that was a lot of fun. heh heh!!

i just cleaned up my work space. i found my xacto knife (too little too late, right?) and one sheet of card backs. maybe i'm out... i thought i had more. eh, time to address envies and get those in the mail. :wacko:

melissamyth
06-28-2010, 07:56 PM
oh for chunkies, I've heard that some people decorate the back, but it it at all like ATCs? Do we sign them?

Evil Seedlet
06-28-2010, 07:59 PM
I've seen a lot of people just put some nice paper on the back and maybe doodle a border, then give it a title, sign and date it. But I imagine if you weren't planning on trading it and were keeping it for your own book, decorating the back would be fine as long as the embellishments didn't screw up the ones on the next page.

ginabee
06-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Melissamyth, beautful..Love them all!
Beeps, yes, the prizes and themes made it lots of fun.
Seedlet, I've been leaving my chunky pages back just with decorative paper and put my user name small in the corner. I didn't know if some might decorate the back side.

beeps
06-28-2010, 08:07 PM
that is also my understanding - make it look good but don't make it chunky or put hours into it. since it is going into a book it should look nice, since people viewing the book will see the back.

i plan to use nice cardstock and stamp the back a little to match the front some. and then title/date/sign/ect

melissamyth
06-28-2010, 08:23 PM
yeah, they just have scrapbook paper on the back now, i just didn't know if I was supposed to sign . . .

thanks guys

ginabee
06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Well, coffee and chocolate have worn off..Don't know if I'll get anymore done.
Right now, I'm cutting 4x4 paper for the next Chunky athon and found I had more fibers.
It's been so much fun..

KESagers
06-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Just checking in here. More great art! I gotta get some off-site trades packaged tonight (should have done it before this marathon started but I didn't) so I think the creative part of me is done for the day but I'll be lurking in the shadows til I go to bed tonight.

beeps
06-28-2010, 09:10 PM
in the madness of this THON i lost/misplaced my dotees. i was like "oh i'll mail everything next week" ha ha, jokes on me PLAN FAIL. gonna crawl under the bed again. grrr. at least i found my new gluesticks. my old one just ran out doing card backs

ETA: bestie found them at my house. lol. i feel better

Tamrantula
06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
I made a couple more--the sunset is actually painted! I have NEVER painted, so it was a challenge, even if it looks like it was done by a kindergartener! LOL....right now, I am undecided about trading it.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0757.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0756.jpg

dmnh
06-28-2010, 09:19 PM
You all are still on fire with the artwork!
I slept the day away, I'm afraid. No more art from me in the ATART.

Love all the animal stories you all have been telling. I'd be lost without that silly Fred dog of mine. He and my three cats provide hours of entertainment!

I would participate in a Chunk-a-thon. I'll be playing in the Paint-a-thon when it rolls around as well. And I will be making chunky pages for the Paint-a-thon!

I've been making Chunky pages for almost two years now. I've traded very few of them because I seldom put them up for trade. If anyone would like to acquire some chunky pages from me, just send me a PM with your themes of choice and I'll see if I have any that fit your bill and we will go from there. Most of my chunky pages have never been scanned so I'll scan them when someone asks for a theme I have. I packed up all my chunky pages a few weeks ago and stuck them in the bedroom closet to make room in my deskroom for other things. I really don't know how many chunky pages I have to trade, but I'm thinking there must be at least 4 or 5 dozen of them! I'd trade them for chunky pages or collage fodder...papers, embellishments, the things you use to make chunky pages!

Linda4atc already offered to trade fibers and I thought that a great idea! I have a large drawer full of fibers, ribbons, lace, strings, ect, ect that I use on my own chunkies. There's enough there to share with all of you and still have some left! So if anyone would like to add to their stash of fibers, please shoot me off a PM and we'll work out something to trade there as well.

This ATART has been the most fun I've had in a long long time! I'm pretty well arted out for the week though! I still have a Tree of Life Pendant to make and two swaps to complete so I will be doing artwork this evening. I'll be lurking in the thread!
Thanks so very much to all the hosts! You all made this a stellar weekend!
Thanks also to all the artists who traded with me!

KESagers
06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Tam that's a great sunset! I hope you are playing in the paint-a-thon. (I don't paint either but I thought I could figure something out.)

Dmnh I'll trade chunkies with you. I have 2 available but the are specific to the challenge today so you may want to wait til I make more . . .but I gotta recover from this weekend and get through the holiday first.:wideeyed:

Tamrantula
06-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Tam that's a great sunset! I hope you are playing in the paint-a-thon. (I don't paint either but I thought I could figure something out.)

Dmnh I'll trade chunkies with you. I have 2 available but the are specific to the challenge today so you may want to wait til I make more . . .but I gotta recover from this weekend and get through the holiday first.:wideeyed:

LOL--yeah, NOT!

That poor sunset took me hours (many layers of paintovers!), and still is pretty pathetic...but I was kinda proud of it anyway! Silly me!

Painting is NOT something I can do well (mark that AT ALL!)--and I know I would just end up frustrated!

beeps
06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
tam i'm not good at painting either but we "bad painters" like to trade with each other. sometimes people like stuff we think sucks! lol. you just never know. i think it is fun to try new things out.

i'm packing envies... let me know if you want anything! gallery is up to date. i hate keeping my own cards :)

melissamyth
06-28-2010, 10:28 PM
here are some more . . . winding down for the night, looks like my arches will have to wait.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_flybutterflies.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_love.jpg

still waiting on pending trades, so my stuff is on hold for awhile

dsign49
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I got 2 done. Do they look like chunky?

HHC
06-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Okay... it took me forever to read through this and I wasn't gone that long. LOL!

HERE ARE SUNDAY STAMP DAY winners:
1) jenaz
2) pocket yeti
3) Tamrantula

theweavershand
06-28-2010, 10:47 PM
congrats to the winners!!

Just Ducky
06-28-2010, 10:54 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_boat.jpglast hooo-rahhh. for me... didn't do chunky...
wondering why you chunk gals don't get together in Mail-Art... they have chunky trades and MMH chunky... I used to do them... lots of fun the MMH ....
like so many things going on in our great site.... there are lots of things to do...

my last card.... trying for the Summer Song.... " Row Row Row Your Boat "
just had to get ducky in at the last... he pouts if I egg-nor him too long...

HHC
06-28-2010, 10:55 PM
I should mention that drawing the names out of a hat makes it so much easier. If I had to try and decide among the fabulous artwork, I don't think I could do it.

HHC
06-28-2010, 10:57 PM
I have a couple of almost finished things I need to go finish... my weekend did not work out quite as I'd intended, although I had a marvelous time. But I'll post art as the week goes on.

Ducky is right, check out the MMH and PIF theads to keep things hopping between the a-thons.

bluesybreeze
06-28-2010, 11:09 PM
It was really hetic for me and I didn't get to do anything for the a-thon untill just a little while ago. So, I did a music reference - Summer in the City.

KESagers
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM
This has been a wonderful weekend! A great big THANK YOU to HHC and all of the hostesses that made this so much fun - really a job well done! So much art that was different and unique and I was inspired to try something new - chunkies. I hope everyone is having a great start to the summer/winter season and to my fellow Americans and anyone else who wants to celebrate - Happy 4th of July!

My gallery is up to date and I'll check for any last minute trades tomorrow. Good night everyone!

theweavershand
06-28-2010, 11:33 PM
I've got about a half dozen chunkies that I'm working on but I dont think any but this one will be ready to post until tomorrow. Good thing this one is my Summer Song themed entry! Dangly bits will be added later.

Summertime (and the living is easy)

HHC
06-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Good night Kristin!

theweavershand
06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
night, Kristen! Great playing with you this weekend!

dmnh
06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Congratulations to the winners!
This really has been a fabulous weekend!

Just Ducky
06-28-2010, 11:53 PM
what ???? it's over ???? already ????

great job everyone... hay... I got stuff in my gallery... wannt trade ????

and we have had over 900 posts by the time we done with this... wow
I would hate to start from the front and read though... but look at all the great ART that is being shown on all them posts...

thanks to HHC... for giving us all the fun time...

beeps
06-29-2010, 12:00 AM
i'll be messaging the winners shortly. HOLLA! and congrats!!

also, thanks for hosting the party HHC and all the "daily hosts." this was the funnest thon i have done to date and i look forward to our next party!!

Tamrantula
06-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Okay... it took me forever to read through this and I wasn't gone that long. LOL!

HERE ARE SUNDAY STAMP DAY winners:
1) jenaz
2) pocket yeti
3) Tamrantula

Hey HHC--I had a great time participating...but, I think my name should be eliminated from the drawing...I wasn't thinking or I would have said so sooner. I won something on another day...and I would like someone else to get to win, too!

Thanks for all your hard work!

theweavershand
06-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks, Helen for putting all this together...all the hosts and prize providers...Cheryl for the awesome Scavenger Hunt and everyone who played. I have to agree...this has been the very best ATART to date and it made my birthday weekend pure Heaven!

beeps
06-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Hey HHC--I had a great time participating...but, I think my name should be eliminated from the drawing...I wasn't thinking or I would have said so sooner. I won something on another day...and I would like someone else to get to win, too!

AWW that is nice of you. I just sent a message to the winners. Let me know which ATC you would like and I will send you a little envie prize and send the "bigger prize" to someone else :) i think we had a trade anyways :)

Linda4atc
06-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Well I decided to color some of the images I stamped during the SAT to get my muse going. I now have Thorns Geisha drawn and am working on watercolor painting it. So I did good today.

These are ...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1___1_Wise_Man_Said.jpg (#1) Wise Man Said available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1___2__Kitty_and_Fireman.jpg (#2) Cat and Fireman available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1___1__Kitty_and_Fireman.jpg (#1) Cat and Fireman available

HHC
06-29-2010, 12:44 AM
It was a fabulous weekend, even if my time didn't allow for me to make much art. You won't believe all the started projects I have sitting here. :wacko:

I really want to thank theweavershand, Just Ducky and Beeps for hosting the day and/or daily prizes. You are my heros! :wubclub:

Chaosatlanta, your Scavenger Hunt was incredible, and really got the art juices flowing!

You all amaze me. So many people tried new-to-them mail art, and shared and encouraged each other. This is what an art weekend is all about. I'm sure they had a marvelous time in Rochester, but they didn't have what we had here. You all ROCK!

Thank you all for playing and being my inspiration!

jensaz
06-29-2010, 12:48 AM
This has been my first (and NOT last) A-Thon... I can't wait for the next.. Okay, I can, only because my dining room table needs a rest...

Thank you to all of the hostesssssssessssssss with the mostestessssss... This was a hoot!

lunamoth
06-29-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks HHC and our daily hosts......great energy, much fun....you all made this an Awesome-A-Thon

Linda4atc
06-29-2010, 12:54 AM
YEs a BiG tHaNk YoU to all the Hostess for this weekend. I didn't do much but lurking was fun and made me feel connected when I had time to be here. I'll need a reminder for the paint a-thon since I'm in a watercolor jurnal group I can use a lot of practice.

ginabee
06-29-2010, 03:03 AM
I got 2 done. Do they look like chunky?

Love 'em and the yarn looks FAB, great idea!

Tam, I like that painted sunset..The other art is beautiful, too, that came thru while I was gone.

Hubby had to use the computer so I didn't get back until now, party's over...

Thanks for making this the best ATART, yet.

sniisk
06-29-2010, 05:14 AM
I think I could host a mid-week ATART in July? Would Helen co-host it? I can do it alone but as everytime earlier, I donīt want to step on your toes this time either.

Evalila
06-29-2010, 05:26 AM
All my trades went in the mail today! :)

HHC
06-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Good morning! Hi Sanna! July 9-12 is a live meet of the Oregon Washington AFA-ers and several of us are attending.
While many of us would not be able to play, maybe that would be a good weekend for another ATART. You all can play while we are playing too. Maximize the artistic energy flowing about. :D

sniisk
06-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't think I can be home so early and I thought we could have a mid-week ATART for example on July 12-15.

beeps
06-29-2010, 10:11 AM
midweek could be fun :) but OHHH i need to recover from the awesomeness of this one. i think ducky is right - we can only party this hard a couple times a year at best. i wasn't drinking but i feel like i have a THON hangover!

sniisk
06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
I know you all had so much fun. And I couldn't join the fun this time :(.

ginabee
06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Sanna, that sounds fun to me!

beeps
06-29-2010, 10:58 AM
i'm also up for a midweek thon!

my envies are sitting here. i couldn't find my stamps so i have to hit the post office. but they are getting mailed today... i think/hope/yes.

ArtsyLady
06-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the fun weekend all...

melissamyth
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM
thanks for a great extended weekend everyone :) Working on getting my finished trades all packed up, but it will be WED/Thur before I can get them to the post-office.

KESagers
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
July is a good month for me to marathon - bring it on!!!!

bluesybreeze
06-29-2010, 02:54 PM
My trades are in the mail. I didn't get to participate to the extint that I wanted to, but at least I did get to play some and I had a lot of fun. Thanks HHC and all the others who contributed to the fun, games, and PRIZES during the a thon. I am most definitely hooked to these things. So, keep em coming.

lkastello
06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
I am with bluesybreeze! DITTO! and THANK YOU!

ginabee
06-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Ditto Ditto, lol. Even my Hubby knows--don't bother me during Athons...

theweavershand
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Here are the rest of the chunkies that I was working on yesterday. If anyone else is interested in trading or adding to a trade, let me know. I still have a couple of you that have yet to choose something in trade.

Thanks again for the great weekend!

Chunky Bouquet- 3D with tulle bow and gems
Chunky Flag- with polymer clay stars
Star Chunky- with wire star
State of Love Chunky- with eyelets
Vintage Chunky- with crocheted element (and picture of my great grandmother)

Dangly bits can be added if desired.

sniisk
06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Here is a question (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15801) about the next ATART.

beeps
06-29-2010, 08:57 PM
okay, for the fun of making july a THON month :) i'm gonna tenitivly set chunky BOOK a thon for july 24 weekend.

i am gonna msg monarch about it, ask her about the last chunky swap and whatnot. my impression looks like it was hard for people to get trades for their books... but i wasn't there and i don't know. i think it will be fun to try out the "book" idea where people work on a large them (for this one, "summer") so by the end of the weekend if you trade a few pages you can make your own chunky book. for many of us it will be out first chunky books, so our chunky book friends (vs. us newb types) can help us along the way. :)

RobbyGirl
06-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Guys, I may be a bit slow with my mailings. Went to the doc today for my wrist injury and it's actually quite severe and is probably going to require surgery :( I have to put backs on and get my hubby to fill out envies for me (and type with my left hand only...ughhh) They will be coming though. I did send pms to a couple of people I was supposed to create for as I am unable and it may be three to 6 months before i'm fully capable of arting again. I'm devasted!

beeps
06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
oh f robin!! that is mega sucky. what did you manage to do to it? yikes. :sad:

KESagers
06-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Please take care of yourself RobbyGirl!

Beeps - count me in for the chunky-a-thon!

dsign49
06-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Beeps, I want to play in the Chunky-A-Thon too.

theweavershand
06-29-2010, 09:31 PM
So sorry, Robin! 3-6 months!! That is devastating! I'll be praying for an extra speedy recovery.

dsign49
06-29-2010, 09:33 PM
What kind of surgery do you have to have? Take Care

bluesybreeze
06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Bless your heart, Robby! I will definitely lend you my right arm. If there is anything I can type, or fill out, or punch long distance - I'll do it :cool:

ginabee
06-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Hubby said we're moving July 10th...I'll be playing in the chunkython...
RobbyGirl, So sorry Hon! Take care of yourself, you'll be in my thoughts.

HHC
06-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Oh RobbyGirl! I'm so sorry about your wrist. When do you have to have surgery?

beeps
06-29-2010, 09:58 PM
i have a msg out to monarch re: chunkython. i'll post back once i hear back. hopefully she'll wanna play and will have some ideas and tips!

robin - there is a program called dragon naturally speaking (i got mine at target for like 30 bucks). you talk and it (tries to) type out what you are saying :) i use it when my wrists are screaming bloody murder. you have to play with it to set it up but it might be an option for the computer. once it is "trained" to your voice you can go pretty fast.

HHC
06-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Beeps, I should be able to play at least one day during the chunky a-thon. It's a great idea to have a theme so it's easier to trade and end up with a book when we're done.

HHC
06-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Okay... so the winner for the Summer Music Day is.... drumroll please.....

KESagers!

And the winner for the all weekend summer theme is.... another drumroll...

Evalila!

CONGRATS you two!

Did I mention how much easier it is on the host to draw a name out of a hat? I would have had to send a prize to everyone otherwise, the art this weekend was fabulous!

lunamoth
06-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Robbygirl....so sorry about your wrist...hope it heals well and more quickly than expected

RobbyGirl
06-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and support, that's a good part of why I love this site so much!! To answer questions: I play competitive tennis and injured it in a match this weekend. The injury is called TFCC Triangular Fibrocartiliage Complex. I know nothing about the potential surgery yet, I've only just seen my family doc and had xrays, am now being referred to a wrist specialist in Portland (an hour away.). From what I understand at this point is that it's sorts like messing up the meniscus in the knee. The surgery could either be pins or orthoscopic. Beeps thanks for reminding me, I have Dtagon dictation on my iPhone and did this message with it.

melissamyth
06-29-2010, 11:16 PM
oh no, RobbyGirl, good luck with all that and I hope it heals fast.

Just Ducky
06-29-2010, 11:28 PM
HHC.... yea heck of a great time... Rochester ???? did something happen in Rochester I miss ???? but I do think we had a blast sitting right here in front of our computer for
FIVE days... lots of art... laughs.... learning new stuff... can't get anybetter...

thanks all you guys... and for our Chaosatlanta... over in the game room ???
you sure out did yourself gal... made a WHOLE lot of people happy playing......

Just Ducky
06-29-2010, 11:38 PM
well dang RobbieGirl... I should have read all this thread before I left my comment...
so sorry hearing your bummed wrist... and you still played the weekend.. making stuff
you sure a better man then me Gunadin...( spelled wrong but think you know who I mean)

hoping when you see the "other" doctor it won't require surgery...
best to ya friend...

KESagers
06-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Thank you HHC!

jaw
06-30-2010, 12:50 AM
well, I didn't trade anything this weekend. Nor did I make much ATC-type art. But I had an amazing time doing SoulCollage and drinking wine with my dear sister....
Life doesn't get any better than this!!!!!

jensaz
06-30-2010, 01:16 AM
RobbyGirl.. I'm so sorry about your wrist.. I had to have 40% of the meniscus in my rt knee removed due to injury so I feel your pain (or did). Medical proceedures are never fun, but I am affirming for you it will be a simple surgery with an extra speedy recovery.

Beeps - I'm in for the Chunky A-thon whenever!!!

Evalila
06-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Iīve won? Oh no, thatīs unbelievable! I usually never win something. LOL Thank you, HHC! :notworthy:

chaosatlanta
06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
:D Thanks so much HHC for hosting the Art-a-thon. I managed to make a few trades - even though I didn't make as much art as I wanted to. Thanks theweavershand, Just Ducky, and Beeps for your hosting of days and prizes as well. What a great group we have - everyone just jumps right in to make things even better!

:wub: And thank you everyone for your support of my crazy Scavenger Hunt - whether you participated, or just commented and cheered from the sidelines. I think it was a big success & everyone seemed to have a fun time with it. I really just wanted to make it a fun weekend for all of us who did not go to the shindig in NY.

RobbyGirl - I hope you have a speedy recovery. I had an 8 week period where I couldn't use my hands very much - so I really sympathize.

All of my trades were mailed the other day & the prize packs are going out tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
~Cheryl

ginabee
06-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Congrats to Evalila and KESagers!

thepozbabe
06-30-2010, 10:46 AM
All my envies are going in the mail today.
I got bitsyal49's card today. Wow, that was quick. Thanks so much Phyllis.

calluna
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
argh, my internet connection has been spotty at best and entirely absent the last couple days, and the supplies i wanted to swap went missing, so i apologize for not having contributed eye candy and not getting to trade. i'll see if i can get an image of what i was working on posted before the modem gives out again...

Aime
06-30-2010, 02:23 PM
All my envys went out in todays mail. Thank you for hosting HHC, it was fun.

ginabee
06-30-2010, 03:23 PM
RobbyGirl, I'm so sorry about your wrist. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda4atc
06-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Ohh Robbygirl, I do hope your wrist heals fast and well so you can get back to arting without pain. Hugs and prayers...

Beeps the chunky-a-thon sounds fun, I may be able to make a few.

dmnh
06-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Congratulations to Evalia and KESagers for their wins!

Robby take good care of you wrist so it can heal quickly. You'll be in my prayers!

Chunky-a-thon? Count me in! I'm up for an a-thon any day of the year!

Linda4atc
06-30-2010, 08:13 PM
dmnh that is good to hear! LOL Beeps inspired me and I just left a message that if the this weekend/ 4th of July is open I'll have an Impromptu Lean-a-thon. In a LAT you CAN trade but mostly you just work on something you want to learn. It could be anything, drawing is what I do, but if you want to paint, learn a background technique, learn Pergamano, do beading whatever, or just practice some that you really need to practice, just grab your lesson book and share your progress with us. :)

I think I've managed to do one of these a year, in the summer. LOL here is a link to one we did in the past. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11670

KESagers
06-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Linda that is such a great idea! I so wish I could play - I mean this is really painful! My holiday weekend is booked end to end with company etc. I'll try to pop in and take a peek at what everyone is doing - have a fabulous holiday and a fun Learn-a-thon!

dsign49
06-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh it does sound like fun. I can't even lurk. I won't be near a computer until Monday evening. We are having a family reunion and I did up a cookbook. So I am in charge of it. I do have to say I am quite proud of it.

Aime
06-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Robby, so sorry about your wrist. I hope it heals quick.

Linda4atc
06-30-2010, 10:06 PM
:)well the LAT is not on till I hear back from Carole. I could extend it people have Monday off? I will only be on here and there but I can draw while "babysitting the kittens. I have the back roomblocked off but if they climb over the couch they can still get into trouble. I need to see what I can do about kitten proofing the rest of the trailer before they get complete freedom.

melissamyth
06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
i have monday off, but the actual weekend is full of family around work.

theweavershand
06-30-2010, 10:55 PM
ill be around. had to cancel our travel plans due to hurricane alex so itll be a quiet weekend at home. after last weekend...that actually sounds fantastic. barely saw my hubby and he was here all weekend!

Linda4atc
07-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Here is the link hope to seem a lot of you there! Impromptu__LEARN-A-Thon__ July 2-5, 2010 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=731488#post731488)

dmnh
07-01-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure just what my plans for the 4th entail as of yet. I've had three invites and haven't accepted any of them! This I guess could be considered an invite as well! If I don't go to my son's house, I'll be around my own house and near the pc. I don't know how much I'll get to participate, but I'll drop in to the Learn-a-thon for sure if I'm around.

beeps
07-01-2010, 10:23 AM
learn a thon.. sounds fun. i'll have to see what i want to learn about. however, i think saterday i promised DR some quality time since i've been away from home for the last two weeks with work and ATART!!

HHC
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry... I still don't have envies and packages out. My week has been topsy turvy with schedule changes and obligations, and I don't have another day off until Sunday. I do hope to get things mailed out by Saturday and am working on it slowly but surely... otherwise it won't be until next Tuesday due to the 4th of July holiday weekend.

KESagers
07-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I know what you mean HHC! Getting ready for the holiday has taken priority this week. I did get my regular envies in the mail today. I'm hoping to get the rest to the PO tomorrow - otherwise it will be Tuesday for me also.

theweavershand
07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm still working on getting mine out as well. It always takes me a while as I check and recheck...making sure I get all the right things to the right people. Will try to have them out on Saturday.

beeps
07-01-2010, 03:33 PM
ha ha, not a problem!

i need to get the prizes out. i saw the craft stores have sales starting tomorrow so part of me is like... oh maybe i'll find some more goodies to share!

ginabee
07-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm receiving the most awesome ART in the mail! It's like Christmas (in July). I want to ART SHOP, too....but packing has priority.

KESagers
07-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Beeps I wish I could go craft shopping with you!

ginabee
07-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Me too!

Linda4atc
07-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Morning people, It is after 3pm and this is the first chance I've had today to get on the computer. I only did one trade this weekend and I'm going to try to get to the post office tomorrow as well. It is good for me to go a couple times a week right now because I want the kitten used to traveling in the car, and not fearing it as Mr Hobbs did. Hobbs never had to travel except to the vet his first 10 years.

beeps
07-01-2010, 07:28 PM
it would be fun to go shopping together. micheals has 15% off coupon for tomorrow and sat, joann's coupon is 10% off for the weekend. both have stamps 40% off. both have paper of various sorts on sale. i'm gonna get in trouble (not too much trouble, i'm good at controlling myself!).

i'm looking into getting illustration board for chunky pages. i've been using cereal box board with the cardstock and i don't like it. its soft, they bend up with the glue :(

speaking of glue, what do you collagers use? i was using a cheap-o kid stick 1000 had laying around, it worked well enough. i "upgraded" to some clear wrinkle free glue and that stuff is CRAP!! i glue everything except the paper together and the edges come up. i hear of some kind of gel medium... how do you use that exactly? i feel like my pages are gonna fall apart :shocked:

RobbyGirl
07-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi all. I'm slowly but surely trickeling out my ATART Trades.

Beepsy my two favorite glue sticks are Scotch 3M Wrinkle Free (when I can find it) or Scotch Permanent Glue stick, I also depend heavily on my YES paste.

Sure wish I could do the Learn A thon Tam :(

Linda4atc
07-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I use my gel medium and apply it with a paintbrush. But I am not as neat about my glue as some people are. It is not easy to control because when I put it on real thin it tends to dry enough that I sometimes have to reglue a corner or edge.

But the good thing is I usually seal the whole thing afterwards with the same stuff.

KESagers
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
This time I needed to seal some of the ink on my collage cards so I used Golden Gel Medium. We were so humid that it stayed tacky all weekend until the dry weather came yesterday. I hope they travel well.

beeps
07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Beepsy my two favorite glue sticks are Scotch 3M Wrinkle Free (when I can find it)

dude, the clear gel ones? that is the one i was talking about and i hate the stuff!! i can't get it to glue anything down.... unless you know the secret i might have to mail them to you!!

i'll check out this gel medium stuff. i'm not a neat person with glue... well i could be if i didn't spend all my time battling with the glue sticks!

RobbyGirl
07-01-2010, 11:54 PM
I Usually Glue with the Scotch ( no problems so far) but yes I do use a Gel Medium to finish my cards or a Krylon Coat. I just don't consider it the glue ...LOL...I definitely prefer Golden Gel Mediums but there is some patience needed for drying time. I use the Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss finish Spray if I'm in a hurry. With the Golden Gels, I usually don't put them in sleeves for 24 hours although I can scan them about an hour later. Don't know about the humidity KESagers was talking about...not too humid here.

jensaz
07-02-2010, 12:28 AM
it would be fun to go shopping together. micheals has 15% off coupon for tomorrow and sat, joann's coupon is 10% off for the weekend. both have stamps 40% off. both have paper of various sorts on sale. i'm gonna get in trouble (not too much trouble, i'm good at controlling myself!).

i'm looking into getting illustration board for chunky pages. i've been using cereal box board with the cardstock and i don't like it. its soft, they bend up with the glue :(

speaking of glue, what do you collagers use? i was using a cheap-o kid stick 1000 had laying around, it worked well enough. i "upgraded" to some clear wrinkle free glue and that stuff is CRAP!! i glue everything except the paper together and the edges come up. i hear of some kind of gel medium... how do you use that exactly? i feel like my pages are gonna fall apart :shocked:
Beeps, for collage, the glue that I prefer is Scotch Brand Scrapbookers Glue with 2-way applicator. It comes in a clear tube with a sponge-type end and a fine tip end and has a purple cap. You can also use the one with the red cap, it's the same stuff, but they package it and just call it "clear" glue. Don't know why they package it 2 different ways, but it works the same so I buy either one I can find.

jaw
07-02-2010, 03:36 AM
I like Uhu glue stick and Tombo "aqua" liquid glue...
I also love the gel medium. There is a really cool one with glass beads that looks like bubbles when it dries ... very cool as a cover coat.

bluelotusflower
07-02-2010, 06:09 AM
I use Elmer's Craft Bond (Extra Strength Glue Stick) that goes on blue and dries clear. In the basic list of tools to bring to workshops at Art for All 2010, they suggested UHU glue stick. I haven't used it, but the experts must feel it is the glue stick of choice. I will have to check out that sale at Michael's! Uh-oh. :err:

GALZART
07-02-2010, 09:37 AM
I use UHU glue sticks...also, sometimes Rubber Cement and my trusty Zyrons.

beeps
07-02-2010, 09:53 AM
i'll check out the UHU glue - it if it good enough for the experts then i shouldn't have a problem with it! (but we'll see about that!)

thanks for all the tips and advice. it seems a lot of this is trial and error but i would rather MAKE than error (i do that enough already). all the glue i checked out is like OMGAWESOMECRAFT but i take it home and it doesn't always preform the way i think.

i will look for the glue (i looked up an image... looks familiar kinda?) and gel medium (which i have seen looking at paints... or at least boards with samples of it on there). never thought you could use it to coat collage to keep things together!!

HHC
07-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Beeps, UHU is one of my favorites too... here's what it looks like... http://www.amazon.com/Saunders-Glue-Stick-Purple-99602/dp/B00006IFC4

ginabee
07-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I use the Zig pen glue, in scrapbooking section. Works good for me.

Linda4atc
07-02-2010, 02:33 PM
well dang I was sure I saw a thread with pros and cons to all sorts of glues but I was searching the forum and can't find it.

Theresagram
07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I use a tape runner for most of my scrapping. But here's a really good site if you're trying to figure out what sort of glue to use with other stuff...other than paper.

www.thistothat.com

GALZART
07-02-2010, 03:17 PM
I think humidity can cause problems and also what types of paints or inks are on the paper also. Recently I did some backs with a different kind ink (stamp pads) than I normally use. It just wouldn't stick...even with weights on it (which I never have to use) and then clamps around the edges. I switched to a different kind of paper for the backing. It finally stuck...with the help of clamps.

Theresagram
07-02-2010, 04:18 PM
That's true, humidity and dry too. Our humidity is normally around 6% or so and sometimes it being so dry interfers with things sticking too. I can see the humidity doing that.

beeps
07-02-2010, 05:37 PM
yay i found the UHU glue at the craft store. will have to try that out sooooon!!

if i was smart and a scientist i would invent PERFECT GLUE - it is a great glue that does exactly what you want it to do without whining or gluing things you don't want glued :)

ginabee
07-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm going to try UHU glue, too! I checked and the price is more reasonable than the Zig pen glue.

lkastello
07-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I am in LOVE with scotch double sided tape!

Theresagram
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
My hubby uses the tape gun, he loves it.

Just Ducky
07-02-2010, 10:36 PM
dang.. I'm I the only one using Elmers school glue..??? I use the purple glue stick and thinking it's working great... I do have some cards I have done and not posted a year or so old and they still holding tight... ( I am knocking wood here :skeptical:) sure hope there aren't a bunch of my cards out there falling apart..

Aime
07-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I use cheap old Avery brand Permanent glue stick. I've tried others and found it to be the best. I had cards returned to me from a swap because they sat in customs for 6 weeks. I tried to remove my backs, so I could use them for PIFs, and the watercolor paper tore before the glue would seperate.

beeps
07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
i used some of that the other day ducky when my stick ran out and the "new sucky" stick finally ticked me off enough. it is too wet for my tastes and boy did it wrinkle! do you have some tips for using it... your cards are tight... cause the price on that is right!

Theresagram
07-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Ducky, I use PVA for some stuff. It's basically like Elmer's glue. But it's water soluble, so I don't like to use it for some stuff. Not sure if Elmer's is water soluble or not.

They're going to close this thread very soon....

HHC
07-02-2010, 11:45 PM
I don't think so... there are moley threads out there with a lot more posts. And this is just the a-thon wrap up. :)

beeps
07-03-2010, 12:12 AM
thumbs up on my new glue! sticks well, is purple, AND doesn't make a big freakin mess all over!!!

***THREE CHEERS FOR NEW GLUE***

on more related notes, my prizes went in the mail today. now i just have chunky pages to get in the mail. :geek:

HHC
07-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Yay for new glue! UHU is my favorite.

I probably won't get the prizes and rest of the trades out until Tuesday... well, they'll be at the post office on Sunday when I have time to weigh the packages... but with the holiday they won't be "posted" until Tuesday. I'm so behind this week. :wideeyed:

Tamrantula
07-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Wow! Ducky the prize package arrived! AWESOME! So much fun! You really did your research, duck! And, those papers are all great colors and patterns--cait WAIT to play with those!

And that puzzle piece broach! What a great idea. I am going to have to try making some--I have the pieces and the back pin....

Thanks so much!!!

Linda4atc
07-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Well Dang, at least show us the broach ;)

http://dragcave.net/image/vM0e.gif (http://dragcave.net/view/vM0e)

Tamrantula
07-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Well Dang, at least show us the broach ;)

http://dragcave.net/image/vM0e.gif (http://dragcave.net/view/vM0e)

LOL! Whoops, sorry!

I will try to get a pic and get it posted poste haste, before the art police are sent after me!

;)

HHC
07-04-2010, 12:51 AM
:policeman: We need pictures, stat!

RobbyGirl
07-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi all, my wrist is makin a minor comeback now that some of the inflammation and swelling is down, I have about 70% range..Yay!...I won't know about surgery until I see the doc on the 15th so for now I'm going to pretend I'm mostly okay :eek: until that time.

Half of my trades have gone out in the last week and the remainder will go out tomorrow. Thank you all sooo much for your patience while I've been working through this injury, you guys all rock!

GALZART
07-04-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm happy to hear that your wrist is improving. Keep on babying it along....hopefully it will be OK without surgery.

ginabee
07-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Great news, RobbyGirl! Don't overdo it.

jaw
07-07-2010, 12:27 AM
thumbs up on my new glue! sticks well, is purple, AND doesn't make a big freakin mess all over!!!

***THREE CHEERS FOR NEW GLUE***
WaHoo for UHU the New Glue!!! Who Knew?!!

beeps
07-07-2010, 08:57 AM
who knew indeed!!

this is a long thread and i've read the whole thing. wow.

it should stay open until all the prize packs come in. i'm still waiting to hear on the ones i sent. i keep forgeting about the holiday and i'm like OMG SLOW MAIL!!

also, for those following chunkython, it is official now - check my sig line for link :)

HHC
07-07-2010, 11:01 AM
yay for more a-thons! I think we're addicted. LOL!

HHC
07-07-2010, 11:04 AM
And Sniisk is hosting a weekday All Types of Art a-thon July 12 -5... check it out here. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15801

beeps
07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
i am ready for sniisk's thon... !!!!

HHC
07-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Just so you know, my final trade envies and prize packages were mailed today. So expect them soon!

dmnh
07-07-2010, 09:20 PM
For those of you still waiting on your trades from me, they will go in the mail tomorrow come hell or highwater! (Neither of which is expected, but I will make it to the post office tomorrow! Promise!)

Robby, I'm so glad your wrist is healing!

theweavershand
07-07-2010, 09:28 PM
all but 2 of mine have gone out. those 2 will have to wait until Saturday. we had 2 cars and my hubby and son take them to work everyday. my hubby had a wreck today and totaled the car so now its one car...2 people working full time in 2 different directions...and me...with no hope at all of having the car for the day. oh well...more time for art i guess.

Linda4atc
07-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Ohh Gosh I am glad your husband is ok!!!!

theweavershand
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
thankfully he is fine...just a burn on his forearm from the airbag. it could have been much worse. hes mad at himself and beating himself up over the car. we barely scraped together the money to buy it 6 months ago and it was a total piece of crap but all we could afford. now i have no idea how we'll replace it.

bluelotusflower
07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Theweavershand: How fortunate your hubby is fine; so sorry your car is a mess. Thankfully it is not the reverse! I hope the car issue is resolved soon!

RobbyGirl: I'm delighted to know your wrist is a little better. Do hope it continues to improve without surgical intervention!

RobbyGirl
07-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Everything has been sent as of yesterday...Yay!

Wrist is defying doctors and healing well, actually feeling pretty great so I have to make sure I'm extra careful and don't over do it. I'm making art this weekend...Woot! Just no heavy lifting or tennis (my other very favorite thing to do!) Uggh I might actually have to start exercising!

Weavers so sorry to hear about your car but I'm so happy your hubby's okay!

theweavershand
07-08-2010, 11:11 PM
so glad to hear that, Robin! what a blessing! dont overdue. couldnt see you going 6 months without creating! would have been a sad, sad place here without you too!

HHC
10-09-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm closing this thread... :D