PDA

View Full Version : ITíS SUMMER All Types of Art a-Thon Weekend, June 24-27!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

HHC
06-21-2010, 08:51 PM
We’re holding our own online AFA party this weekend! Come hang out and create art using ANY medium, in any size, shape or form, post your creation on this thread, trade if you wish, chat, have fun!

Start time (in your time zone) 12:00 pm (noon) on Thursday June 24, 2010 and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday June 27, 2010

This weekend we will :
1) Create art: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rollos, gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create.
And we'll be collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting...
2) Trade art - if you wish.
3) Trade goody bags - just fill a bag with some fun arty things or ephemera, and post your offer and see who wants to trade. (posting pictures of the contents is optional)
4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)
5) HAVE FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES FOR THE WEEKEND:

Theme for the Weekend is “It’s Summer!”

Thursday is Layered Art challenge. See how many layers you can include on your piece of art. List them when posting to be eligible for a fun prize. (ie, text page, tissue paper, paint, stamped imaged, drawing, inks) HOSTED BY theweavershand

Friday is Non-ATC Mail Art day – inchies, twinchies, chunky pages, rollos, tags, post cards… you get the idea. HOSTED BY Just Ducky

Saturday is MiXeD mEdiA Day. Use three or more media in your art. List what all you’ve used to be eligible for the prize - a package of papers and ephemera. HOSTED BY HHC

Sunday is Stamp Day! Use at least one stamped image somewhere in the art you create today. Bonus points for hand carved or "improvised" stamped images. ;) HOSTED BY HHC & Beeps

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE. Challenges are entirely optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

Here's the "fine print" :rolleyes:

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:00 noon on Thursday June 24 (your time zone) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday June 27 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery: It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_SAT_Autumn_Redwing.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to size you want.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

Ready? Set? CREATE!!!

HHC
06-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Who is ready to play?

ginabee
06-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm READY!

HHC
06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
yippee! :)

JavaZarf
06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
fun fun fun

theweavershand
06-21-2010, 09:13 PM
me...me...me!!! id be happy to host a day. just let me know what i need to do.

GALZART
06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I'll be here!

HHC
06-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Yay! I have an offer from Ducky to host Friday's challenge. Will confirm shortly. :D

Oh! And I wish to host Saturday's challenge, mostly because I'll actually be home all day. Our new stove is being delivered! :jiggy:

HHC
06-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the offer, the weavershand! Let me know which day works for you. I've sent you a pm. :)

winterchild
06-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I am getting there.... worked hard yesterday..getting new craft space sorted and finishing up swaps!!!

Just Ducky
06-21-2010, 10:21 PM
THURSDAY ????? you did say Thursday ???? man I was all primed for Friday, so now this poor OLD ducky gots his feathers in the wringer again... I only got one ? prep day ??

and yes, I gonna do the Friday challange thingy... so get ready gals, I will be watching fer ya great NON-ATC stuff...:twitcy:

KESagers
06-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Whew - that Thursday start took my by surprise also. And here I thought I was going to have clean house on thursday. Saved by the ATART!

HHC
06-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Well... the Thursday start is because all those folks going to the AFA event in New York are traveling/arriving/starting the fun on Thursday or sooner.

So if you can start Thursday great! If not, start when you can. We're here all weekend and it's a come and go as you please event. :elvis:

RobbyGirl
06-22-2010, 12:03 AM
oooh I'm so excited by the extra day...woot! Can't wait. Cleaned my desk, cut my cards, checked my paint supply. My favorite glue stick ran out so I'll have to depend on my "Yes" paste. Okay Cap'n I'm ready to go!

jaw
06-22-2010, 01:04 AM
eeeeeeee-----hhhhaaaaaaaa!!!! :jiggy: :jiggy:
I think I'll go play with a friend this weekend!!!!!!!

chaosatlanta
06-22-2010, 07:04 AM
:jiggy: Hooray! Looks like we are going to have a wild party this weekend!

Evalila
06-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Hope Iīll find at least a little time to play - my two nephews will be baptized this weekend :)

beeps
06-22-2010, 09:03 AM
HOLLA i am mega excited. i posted my abilities for prize "gifting" for the days in the old thread :)

my to do list:
1) make some envie goodie bags to trade :wubclub:
2) cut some charm squares (5" squares of fabric) for trading
3) prepare some backgrounds for card making
4) brainstorm a list of ideas for cards (so i don't get art block!)
5) organize art stuff (ha ha ha yeah right!)
6) get mailing supplies together to address and package as I go!! <-- learned that trick at the last thon

for the contests, are we looking for cards on theme? or any topic as long as it "does" the daily challenge?

also, for those joining us, keep an eye out for chaosatlanta's scavenger hunt. it sounds like it is gonna be wild!

HHC
06-22-2010, 10:32 AM
For the contests - we are looking for art that fits the challenge, and perhaps also includes the theme of "It's Summer"... (or "It's Winter" in winterchilds case lol!)

There will be a final drawing on Monday morning for the art that is on the theme. The way I'm going to do it is note each person who has posted art meeting the days challenge/theme and will draw names from a hat. So if you do a challenge day that also includes the theme, you'll get in on the final drawing.

Hope that made sense....

HHC
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Peeps, you can create ATC's or any other type of art you want to make. Friday is the NON-ATC mail art day, but you can still make ATCs too if you want. On theme or for the challenge, or not. Whatever you feel like creating. :D

HHC
06-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Things I think of when I think "It's Summer":
Going to the beach
Summer garden and birds and butterflies and bees.....
Camping
Long walks on warm evenings (I can dream!)
Baseball
Fireworks
Picnics
Bike rides
Family Reunions
Kids out of school

chaosatlanta
06-22-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm looking forward to the challenges! (and the whole weekend art party!)

Doreen Taylor
06-22-2010, 11:06 AM
OOOHHHH! I can actually play in this! YAHOO!!!!

jaw
06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
hmmm .... better pack my laptop for my roadtrip ... and camera ...
must remember to make a list as I go .... traded what to whom and all that ..
hmmm ... need to get some notecards and bring my postage stamps ...
wine, Baileys, tiara ... so much to do!!! :)

Mar
06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Love this :yes:. I be in too, however I'm not sure for what days I can play, but I definitly will do something. I'm only miss the clue of the other challenges (scavenger hunt or whatever you may call them), but I think that will be my rusty English and soon as it starts I will get the point I think.

beeps
06-22-2010, 11:59 AM
HHC - just to make sure i understand the drawing right (i'm sure others might be wondering...working under the "no stupid questions" plan lol)

-if i make something and post it for the challenge of the day, i will get an entry for the prize drawing for the day. each day has its own prize for playing in the challenges.

-if i make something on the "summer" theme... that is separate drawing or an extra in with the daily challenge? this is what i'm confused about.

i understand there are daily prizes linked to the challenge days (collage, non ATC art, etc). is there one for the whole weekend on the summer theme?

dsign49
06-22-2010, 12:13 PM
This is so not fair. I can't play.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

dsign49
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Better get a bucket tears are going to flood the site.

dsign49
06-22-2010, 12:15 PM
think I'll go do some cleaning to get mind off of this.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

HHC
06-22-2010, 12:50 PM
HHC - just to make sure i understand the drawing right (i'm sure others might be wondering...working under the "no stupid questions" plan lol)

-if i make something and post it for the challenge of the day, i will get an entry for the prize drawing for the day. each day has its own prize for playing in the challenges

CORRECT! :)

-if i make something on the "summer" theme... that is separate drawing or an extra in with the daily challenge? this is what i'm confused about.
i understand there are daily prizes linked to the challenge days (collage, non ATC art, etc). is there one for the whole weekend on the summer theme?

Beeps, the Summer theme IS a separate drawing. ANY art made and posted in the thread using the theme is eligible for the drawing. The winner will be posted Monday morning (to allow time for all posted art)

HOWEVER! The "host" of the day may wish to do a drawing for the challenge of the day, AND also a drawing for the challenge done with a summer theme. That's up to the host of the day...

If you win a challenge day.. you're Summer theme art is still eligible for the "Theme" drawing.

Hope that clarifies!

I'm off to work so will check in with you all later tonight.

HHC
06-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh before I go...

Thursday's challenge & prize host is theweavershand
Fridays' challenge & prize host is Just Ducky
Saturday's challenge & prize host is HHC
Sunday's challenge host is HHC, prize host is Beeps.

jaw
06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Host of the day? ... oooo .... do we have different hosties for each day? what a hoot ... it's a Host hoot! :biglaugh:

beeps
06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
okay, i think i got that. *scratches head* i've been reading transcripts all morning and my brain hurts. i guess i won't worry myself too much about since i'm not hosting... you just let me know where to mail to prize to lol.

i want to do some quilt blocks for ATART. anyone else want to do a block trade with me? we can do them over the weekend but might need to prepare a bit - get size/colors for what we collect and make sure we have washed fabrics for the blocks. anyone interested please PM me and i'll add them to my ATART weekend plan. my quilt that i am collecting for is 9x9" finished blocks (9.5x9.5 with seams) in shades of brown (cream - dark, a little bit of other colors in the fabrics are okay).

and i got some new stamps. BIRDS!!! ANIMALS!!! hopefully my amazon.com order will come by friday...!!!!!

ginabee
06-22-2010, 09:04 PM
woo hoo, beeps, new stamps! I'm blown away with the contests, duh...I'm going to try my hand at some tweenchies, too.

Just Ducky
06-22-2010, 11:24 PM
sure is getting close now... I got awhole day to get ready... making my list and checking it twice... oh no.... that's Santa Clause...

and yep, I got Fridays Challange... gathering some goodies to send to our WINNER
and I sure not gonna pick one gal over an other... so all ya guys that post Mail-Art for Friday, I will gather your names, put in hat (gotta find a hat) or that's right, I can use Ducky's hat....

oh just looked at the clock... I got 11:30 pm Wed. so it must be 1:30 pm Thursday fer you down uner people... so let the crafting begin....

HHC
06-22-2010, 11:27 PM
It's already Thursday in New Zealand? Winterchild, it's time to play! :)

Tamrantula
06-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Ducky--I think you are ahead a day!

It is 8:30 pm here on TUESDAY (West Coast)! Don't take away a whole 24 hours I have to prepare! I NEEEEEED that 24 hours! LOL

GALZART
06-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Still Tuesday in Florida....

HHC
06-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, I guess we're just a bit anxious. It's Wednesday in 4 hours and 15 minutes on the west coast of USA.

ghillietoes42
06-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I think I'll give this a shot. Generally, it's make art, right? Then post it here? Then, for each day we can try to fill the challenges, but we don't have to? (Sorry, I'm not fully absorbing the info yet... Even though I've read everything... >.<)

theweavershand
06-22-2010, 11:53 PM
thats it. make anything you want...trade for anything...no restrictions. lots of extra things to do this time too but youre absolutely right. thats all there is to it. its a blast! glad to have you join us! youll be hooked...i promise!

HHC
06-23-2010, 12:03 AM
ghillietoes42, you have it right. Make art. Whatever you want. Post here, trade if you wish. If you want to do a challenge, cool! Post it here to be eligible for the prize. If you don't want to do a challenge, cool! Just do whatever floats your boat and visit and have fun. Mostly you just need to have fun. :D

And there is a LOT to read and absorb.

HHC
06-23-2010, 12:04 AM
And I didn't read further to see that our Thursday host, theweavershand, had already answered! Okay, she's good! :)

ghillietoes42
06-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks so much, guys. I'm definitely in! I have a few projects lined up already that I'll be saving for noon on Thursday. :D

HHC
06-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Yay! Glad you're joining us!

Locke
06-23-2010, 12:06 AM
I have a question: Aside from the things made for the contests do you normally wait to post all of the things you made for the weekend or do you post them as soon as you make them? Or at the end of each day?

Tamrantula
06-23-2010, 12:09 AM
I plan to play on Thursday for a little while--and maybe pop in now and again during the weekend to get my "atart fix!"

Tamrantula
06-23-2010, 12:10 AM
You can post as you go, esp if you would like to trade....most people usually add a few at a time.

There is no hard and fast rule...whatever works for YOU!

Right, HHC?

theweavershand
06-23-2010, 12:17 AM
the trading gets fast and furious so check in often to see what has been posted. if you like something...send a pm (private message) to the artist and request a trade. most of us are even willing to hold things until you can get cards of your own made and posted but i always ask to be sure. if you have questions...dont be afraid to ask. all of us were new to this once and as everyone here always says "there are no stupid questions". HHC nailed it on the head. the #1 goal for the weekend is just have fun.

HHC
06-23-2010, 12:40 AM
As Tamrantula and theweavershand mentioned, it's usually post as you go. Or post in batch. Or post however YOU are most comfortable doing it.

To maximize the trading potential (if that's what you're interested in) posting as you go, and checking frequently for newly posted art gives you an advantage. LOL!

Just Ducky
06-23-2010, 12:44 AM
oh great... now ya mean I am running a day ahead... and I thought I was a day behind.
man me and this duck, we both need a keeper...:embarrassed:

OK... you down-under gals... put your sissors down... the Duck messed up again..
notice how I always blame the DUCk ????

Tamrantula
06-23-2010, 12:50 AM
oh great... now ya mean I am running a day ahead... and I thought I was a day behind.
man me and this duck, we both need a keeper...:embarrassed:

OK... you down-under gals... put your sissors down... the Duck messed up again..
notice how I always blame the DUCk ????

Just what the heck are the girls down under with a pair of scissors?

Sounds scary to me! LOL

HHC
06-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Hey! It's ALMOST Wednesday which makes it almost Thursday down under!

An aside... if New Zealand and Australia are 'down under', what is the USofA? I'm almost afraid to ask... LOL!

theweavershand
06-23-2010, 12:55 AM
up and over?

ghillietoes42
06-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Sunny side up? It is summer in the Northern Hemi, and not quite so summery in the South...

Just Ducky
06-23-2010, 01:06 AM
I thinking we (USA) may not want to know what them Down-Under gals call us.:wubclub:
after all this is a almost adult site...

so this ol' gal gonna take my Geritol (spelling) and get some sleep... busy times are a coming ya know...

oh... anyone want to read a cute story ??? I posted a "Cat and mouse" cutie in lounge tonight... good for a chuckle or two...
nite nite...

HHC
06-23-2010, 01:08 AM
nite nite Ducky!

Tamrantula
06-23-2010, 01:11 AM
I am sitting her cutting out some art doll templates--maybe some paper art dolls in my future? It is a possibility--IF they talk to me and tell me what they want to look like!

theweavershand
06-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Sunny side up! perfect! esp here in texas!

HHC
06-23-2010, 01:19 AM
LOL! I want some of that sunny side up! :D

Chardonnay1965
06-23-2010, 06:19 AM
oh so this starts tomorrow,,,,hmmm...

Aime
06-23-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm prepping today, cant wait!!!!

HHC
06-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I have a swap I'm going to finish on Thursday... it deals with layers.

And note that it's okay to post art that is NOT for trade. :)

Theresagram
06-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I'll be here too!

RobbyGirl
06-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Is it tomorrow yet...LOL!

ghillietoes42
06-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks for letting us know about posting art not for trade, HHC. I've got a few personal projects I was planning on working on this weekend. Of course, I've got plenty of stuff I want to prepare for trades as well.

HHC
06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I plan to work on some samples for a few classes I'm putting together... definitely not for trade, but some of them will work for the challenges and also for scavenger hunt points.

JavaZarf
06-23-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a question about chunky pages.
I want to try to make one, but have looked for information on line and some places say 4" x 4" and other places say 4 1/2" x 4", with the extra 1/2" on the left side for binding purposes. What is considered the standard size on this site?

jaw
06-23-2010, 11:55 AM
4 x 4 .... unless otherwise requested ... :)

JavaZarf
06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
thanks
i think it will be fun to try to make one
have some theme ideas already
boy there are a lot of ideas for the scavenger hunt weekend. wow.
i don't even know if i will be able to play, but i love reading all the ideas.

beeps
06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
oh, maybe i'll try my hand at some chunky pages. HUMMM.....

4x4" is what i've seen also. my vision/understanding is you have some tagboard in the middle, a front paper that is decorated, a back that has your name/info and is "pretty" (decorated enough - nice paper at least) and the side is unchunky for binding and you can have "tails" and whatnot hanging on them.

my best friend's cat (beloved cat) passed away 2 years ago and i was thinking of making a chunky book using images of the kitty. i should figure out some chunky pages first though. think i'll make a cat themed chunky book :)

JavaZarf
06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
that sounds like a very nice gesture
i cant think book yet, i am going for one page
baby steps, baby steps

HHC
06-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Chunky pages are fun! Just a bit bigger than an ATC with dangles... although they don't have to have dangles. Sometimes they are perfect without. :)

ginabee
06-23-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm getting geared up for this. With all the daily rain, I mowed, did chores...free and clear, now, lol. YIPEE!

Tamrantula
06-23-2010, 04:24 PM
So, today I have done some prepping--not sure what I will actually use this weekend...but, I made some clay faces, prepped a couple button fairies, prepped some ATC backgrounds, and found some cool images I hope to use SOMEWHERE! LOL

beeps
06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
i am gonna prep tonight. i am gonna put the PRIZE for SUNDAY together!!

what's good in a grab bag? i was thinking some blanks (ATC, chunky), fabric/fibers, some stickers (nice ones)... what else do i have that i can pass along? i don't really want to put out $$$ for a prize... hate the idea of spending money on some nice X only to find out the person has that or doesn't like that material :) i figure we can all use ART JUNK, right? :)

GoldenWolf
06-23-2010, 05:22 PM
I am finishing up some PAT swap ATCs tonight that are due in about ten days. I hope to get them all done by tomorrow at the latest so I can play this weekend although things have come up during the last couple of a-thons and I wasn't able to participate.

theweavershand
06-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Getting my stuff prepped and ready for tomorrow. I want to be organized and ready this time so it doesnt take me half the weekend to get anything done and posted! Plus I have the whole weekend this time so I plan to make the most of it.

I'm hosting tomorrow's challenge, Layered Art! See how many layers you can include on your piece of art. List them when posting to be eligible for a fun prize.

I put together a prize package and I'm including a picture. I hope there is a little something in it for everyone. Everyone who posts an eligible piece of art will have their name put in a drawing. The winner will be announced on Friday.

Counting down...Cant wait to play!!

KESagers
06-23-2010, 05:37 PM
i am gonna prep tonight. i am gonna put the PRIZE for SUNDAY together!!

what's good in a grab bag? i was thinking some blanks (ATC, chunky), fabric/fibers, some stickers (nice ones)... what else do i have that i can pass along? i don't really want to put out $$$ for a prize... hate the idea of spending money on some nice X only to find out the person has that or doesn't like that material :) i figure we can all use ART JUNK, right? :)

I always like ephemera from the person's locale. (Tickets, local maps, postcards etc.) I also really like those fortunes that come in the fortune cookies - stuff like that.:)

beeps
06-23-2010, 06:09 PM
oh, i have some cookie insides right here **puts in envie pile*

i'm not good at collecting ephemera. humm. some collage stuff would be a fun add. i'll hve to look around the house a bit. else you will get old bills lol.

mrubyjean
06-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Wow, everyone is gearing up!!

I hope I can play tomorrow...definitely Friday and some over the weekend.
I'll thinking of making some bookmarks...for all that summer reading!

ginabee
06-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Good idea, mrubyjean! I like bookmarks, too.

lkastello
06-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Tomorrow is moving day...hope to join in Saturday...HAVE FUN!!!

winterchild
06-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Well it's here..... 12 noon Thursday June 24th!!! I have been working all morning.... finishing those stray swaps, just a couple of Nebulae to go and I will be at it.... better go check todays challenge! Anyone else started yet?

winterchild
06-23-2010, 08:03 PM
I have a stinking head cold and bad throat and have to keep stopping for thise *Dizzy* breaks...... :(

winterchild
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow... back reading... and I panicked thinking I'd lost a whole day....!!!

Theresagram
06-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I have a stinking head cold and bad throat and have to keep stopping for thise *Dizzy* breaks...... :(

I can relate. I woke up with the sniffles Monday and it quickly progressed to fever and chills. Feels like my bronchitis/pneumonia thing again. I'm heading to the doc first thing in the morning, but I'll be home in plenty of time to start!!

chaosatlanta
06-23-2010, 08:26 PM
ooh. Feel better you two!

JavaZarf
06-23-2010, 08:29 PM
i am using purell from now on when i type in this thread
i want to stay healthy

KESagers
06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Winterchild and Theresagram I hope you both feel better and are well enough to play!

winterchild
06-23-2010, 09:18 PM
LOL Javazarf... that sanitiser stuff....seems to have disappeared since Swine flu left NZ.....!

calluna
06-23-2010, 09:37 PM
how fortunate i feel--i've disappeared for quite a while, and the day i am able to come back and see what's going on here is the day before this athon!! :) i'm looking forward to it! now to start gathering stuff for goodie-envelopes...

Theresagram
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Well, if all goes well at the doc tomorrow I'll be getting a prescrpition for some codeine cough syrup so I can stop hacking my brains out!! All this coughing is really agrivating the kidney stone which is still stuck. Ack! :confused:

Evil Seedlet
06-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Wuh oh, wrench thrown into the works, I'm not sure I'll be able to play this weekend :( We'll see.

RobbyGirl
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I have extra dominoes if anyone would like half a dozen to add to one of the prize package please let me know.

Just Ducky
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
oh... we got the Zealander doing ART.... go Bobby go....
and then we will get Chardonnay, but not till she home from WORK... poor thing...
so she be up and running about the time I go nite nite....

and all you sicky gals.. ya all better get well real soon... like in a few hours ????

I got some preping done today... threw a bunch of cut images on the table.... and starred at them for a few hours... think I will doodle for a bit in the morning... when I try to draw something, it makes me mad, so then I can work with glue sticks better... Hay, what can I say, it's a ducky thing....

Theresagram
06-23-2010, 11:08 PM
A 'ducky thing'? ROFLOL :biglaugh:

HHC
06-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Getting ready to party! I work until 2:30, so will be starting late, but do plan to get some prepping done. Clearing a spot on the art table is priority. LOL!

KESagers
06-24-2010, 12:05 AM
12 hours and counting!

Tamrantula
06-24-2010, 12:19 AM
I think it is more like 15 hours here--sometimes I REALLY dislike being on the West Coast!

:mad:

Think anyone will notice if I pretend I moved to the East side?

:embarrassed:

Nah--I'll be good! :wubclub:

I will spend some more time doing some prep tonight--then errands early in the morning! That will make the time SPPPPPEEEEEEEEDDDDDD past!:idea:

winterchild
06-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Oh I prefer to be behind Tamrantula.... they've tested the water first!!! And it's so hard it being Monday morning when everyone else is still on Sunday afternoon... NOT GOOD!!!!

Well I have been very busy and all the art I have done today (Moose and Nebulas mainly) was to finish swaps and they are all in my gallery and some are layered!!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=5960

Tamrantula
06-24-2010, 12:34 AM
....but, I have some creativity wanting to come out and play NOW! lol

Let's just hope it is still simmering tomorrow!

By the way, those colors on your swap cards are GORGEOUS! Vibrant and beautiful!

winterchild
06-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Soon, after a clear up and break I will start for *REAL* !!!

winterchild
06-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Thanks Tamrantula! Oh go on.... play anyway..... the suns always over the yardarm somewhere!!!

Evalila
06-24-2010, 01:40 AM
Just about 4 and a half hours to go! :)
Well, actually a little longer cause Iīll be doing grocery shopping with my MIL this afternoon :mad:

Tamrantula
06-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Thanks Tamrantula! Oh go on.... play anyway..... the suns always over the yardarm somewhere!!!

Well, my "playing" for the next several hours will be researching and prepping! I have been doing internet searches for different art that I have never tried...so that should be fun! I have been really looking at the button fairies--anxious to try those!

winterchild
06-24-2010, 02:44 AM
What time is it there? It's 6.45pm on THursday eve here in NZ.. a very wet and wild and windy Thursday..... storms seems a good theme!!

Tamrantula
06-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Here it is currently almost midnight--only 12 hours to go before I can start...and that will include sleep time and time to run a couple errands with the boys...time will go fast, I am sure!

thepozbabe
06-24-2010, 05:10 AM
I've been following this thead & can start creating in a couple of hours. Got a few stuff to do 1st, shopping, cleaning etc, but hope to check in a few times over the weekend with some of my creations, whatever they may be. x

JavaZarf
06-24-2010, 06:56 AM
my noon starts in 5 hours, but i will be at work
so i am taking some stuff to work

chaosatlanta
06-24-2010, 07:06 AM
me too ... 5 hours and counting.

JavaZarf
06-24-2010, 08:27 AM
this is a stamp i made yesterday with my pocket knife and some stuff i got at michaels called speedy-carve
i was going for a jar, but it looks more like a salt shaker
i plan to make a more jar-like one today to use in the thon

HHC
06-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Good morning!

Cool stamp, JavaZarf!

HHC
06-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Winterchild, great cards! I love the colors.

chaosatlanta
06-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Oh great idea! You can do so much with a jar stamp. Oh and that can be used for Sunday's Challenge AND if you carve the stamp after noon today - it counts in the scavenger hunt, too!

beeps
06-24-2010, 08:59 AM
that's a nice looking stamp! where do you find the stamp carving stuff at micheals? i've looked... no idea where to look i guess cause i didn't find anything :)

my noon is 3 hours. have to work/gym first :cry:

i prepped 20 outgoing mail envies, 5 paper trade envies, and some backgrounds for card making. that was a good plan cause they needed a lot of time to dry :)

okay, let's see some cards those past noon!

HHC
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
that's a nice looking stamp! where do you find the stamp carving stuff at micheals? i've looked... no idea where to look i guess cause i didn't find anything :)

I found mine over in the arts area near the colored pencils & drawing pencils, I think. The carving kit may be called a lino carving kit. The blocks are like huge erasers. You can use the white erasers to carve too.

beeps
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Oh, with art supplies?! cause i looked in the stamp area (makes sense, right?). 1000 wants to make a big stamp.

OH OH OH OH!!! my new stamps!! NOW I HAVE a reason to go to work! to get my STAMPS!!!!!!!

from USPS:

Delivered ALBANY NY 12222 06/24/10 6:38am

JavaZarf
06-24-2010, 09:06 AM
the carving stuff was over by the artist stuff, canvases and paints
it seems to be a new product
it is like carving an eraser, very soft

RobbyGirl
06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Good Morning, 5 hours and counting! My table is set, some of my ideas are percolating and my Son has a playdate to keep him busy...guess I'll clean & watch some Wimbledon so I don't stare at the clock. Cool stamp Java!

HHC
06-24-2010, 10:06 AM
I have some backgrounds started... fairly clear workspace and will get started when I get home from work this afternoon.

Have a great time playing until I get back. :D

Tinka
06-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Goodmorning America, here in Europe it's 4pm so it looks I will be the first to upload a card to the thread...It's a collaged card, I used only half of a Dutch playing card ( so I can make 2 cards from it:)),nice papers, a piece of vintage lace - stamped a swirl in the corner and embossed it and added a gold thread on the left. Voila, my first card is ready.

thepozbabe
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Congratulations Tinka, on being the 1st to upload the 1st card. I have been looking at my pre-made backgrounds for ages & still can't get those creative juices flowing. I may leave it for today & try again tomorrow. I'll maybe just carry on making backgrounds for now til my 'mojo' comes back. x

Evalila
06-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Hereīs my first piece for today, approx 4" x 5 1/8", different papers (music sheet, text pages, map), acrylic color, tissue papers, another wash with acrylic colors, stenciling, stamping, acylic color with sand for the bottom, images, embossing with UTEE and XPandaPrint for the top border

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_ILoveSummer014.jpg not available

winterchild
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Just thought I'd check in..... been sleeping a few hours..... it's 3.18am Friday here.. I don't sleep well! Trying to work out what to do for the non ATC challenge!

RobbyGirl
06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Wonderful Tinka and Evalila! I can't wait to get started!

KESagers
06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Just mounted some backgrounds on chipboard and I'm ready to go. Gonna try to do some cards in keeping with today's challenge.

I can see that that the bar has been set very high by our first uploads!

beeps
06-24-2010, 12:29 PM
high set bar for sure! beautiful work!!

i am currently at work. BOOO. it was bad... i was at the printer and noticed someone left some pages that the ink was messed up on and i *thought* about taking them to do tape transfers. haven't tried that yet but wanna! you just put the tape on top like a sticker? glue it on ta da? seems it would be shiny.

i'm excited to get crafting tonight. i think i can get started by 8 pm :( i have to hit the gym and get dinner. i tested my heat gun and can safely say i'm ready to emboss for real!

i'm waiting for the other east coast USA crew to come in.... it is time!! **ding ding ding**

chaosatlanta
06-24-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm here and ready to get started ... off I go!

Evil Seedlet
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Hmm, time to start it looks like, guess I'll get a few cards in after all! I don't know when I'll be able to post them though, Hopefully my scanner arrives tonight.

dmnh
06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Beautiful artwork already shown....A wonderful start!
I have dishes to do and then I will start arting. I have a few things ready to be made. I need to go read the Scavenger Hunt thread again and make a list of the things I think I can accomplish.
I shall return! Have fun arting it up! Whatever IT may be!!!!!

GoldenWolf
06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Great cards by Tinka and Evalila! I am stuck at work until 4:30 p.m. I have to finish up my last two PAT cards and I hope to make the hostess a card too. Then I am free to work on cards for this.

Tamrantula
06-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Still have an hour and a half before we can start here on the West Coast! Maybe I will feed the kids NOW, then when the clock strikes noon, I can hit the floor running!

I did try to sit at my art desk this morning...realized I didn't even have room to set down my glass of soda! I had been working on backgrounds, etc...and hadn't put my "stuff" away to make room for the REAL art to start! So, I spent a little time this morning cleaning the art space, so I can enjoy messing it up again! :biglaugh:

ginabee
06-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Lovely cards, I'm working on mine..already red inked fingers, lol. Stopping to eat lunch.

melissamyth
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
yay, can't wait to actually get home from work to play!!! I have tons to do this weekend (in between work)

I was reading the intro, where it said all the stuff we could make. What is a "gothic arch?" besides part architecture anyway . . .

beeps
06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
i have a question - my backgrounds i did (paper/paint glued/painted on bristol) are curling like mad. i tried to heat gun dry them and that produced curling so i stopped and the rest curled on their own.

sooo... .tips for making things flat again?

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Today's challenge host is in the House!! So excited to finally get started! Great cards Tinka and Evalila! I've got you down for today's drawing.

I'm going to try really hard not to miss anyone but it might help if you sent me a quick pm if youve made a card that qualifies and want to be in today's drawing.

Also, I thought I'd have a special prize for the one who uses the most layers on one card. So please include the total number of layers used if youd like to be in the drawing for that prize.

Now...to eat something and get busy! Woohoo! Muse dont fail me now!

GoldenWolf
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I put mine in sleeeves, lay them in my flatbed scanner, shut the lid and pile on books to weigh them down. If they aren't flat when I remove them to do scans, I stick them back in overnight. You could also tuck them in a heavy book and shut it. If that doesn't work, try gluing them on to another layer of heavy cardstock or a playing card etc.

i have a question - my backgrounds i did (paper/paint glued/painted on bristol) are curling like mad. i tried to heat gun dry them and that produced curling so i stopped and the rest curled on their own.

Russell
06-24-2010, 02:20 PM
I can't play today (working both jobs so I won't even get home until late tonight!) but I want to be there in spirit and as an online lurker - looking forward to seeing what everyone creats.

I'll be creating lots of fun stuff tomorrow and Saturday though!

jaw
06-24-2010, 02:30 PM

I put them in a sleeve or wax paper and put them in a book and then pile on more books .. works like a charm! :O)
OR .. maybe attach them to a playing card? hmmm ...

ginabee
06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I have some finished, each has 6 layers, listed layers on each ATC.

China Girl ATC
LIFE ATC
In The Garden ATC

KESagers
06-24-2010, 02:50 PM
My first 3 cards for the ATART challenge of the day.

Here are my layers:

print of my citrasolv background
Iridescent golden acrylic
Glimmer mist
stamping with Stazon ink
gel medium
collage images

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Iris.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Pansy.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Rose.jpg
Iris-traded, Pansy-traded, Rose-traded

KESagers
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM

You can iron them - very carefully - between 2 sheets of blank (no printing) paper or parchment paper but there is still a chance things will melt or stick or (I actually heard this in a lecture by a fine artist) glue something to the back. Glue on both sides creates a balance in the fibers of the paper.

Tamrantula
06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
5 more minutes and I can start! Let's join the party all you West Coasters! Whoo Hoo!

Off to potty break, get a drink, refill paint water--and generally get ready to glue my butt to the art chair!

See you soon with some "something!"

RobbyGirl
06-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Woot Its Noon! Starting now!

bluesybreeze
06-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't know when I'm going to get to play :sad: I was busy all morning, will be busy this afternoon. Have an in-service in another town tomorrow. Saturday, we have a meeting 60 miles away - it is a live swap which will be fun, but I wanna play! ARRGGGH!

thepozbabe
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Here are some i have made. I'm surprised i made as many as i did. But thoroughly enjoyed every second of creation.
They all have at least 4 layers apart from 'Can I Keep Him' which has-:
Green acrylic paint
clear embossing ink
clear embossing powder
yellow acrylic ink
then emboss resisted (as in the Bernie Berlin style) so does heat count as another layer ??? LOL.
text
collage images
inked round the edges
finally sealed with Mod Podge.
Whew !!! I think that's it.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/1_Can_I_Keep_Him.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/1_Time_After_Time.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/1_Tell_Me_Your_Story.jpg
1, Can I Keep Him? TRADED 2, Time After Time. TRADED 3, Tell Me Your Story.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/1_He_Was_A_Wily_One.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/1_Green_with_Envy.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/1_Call_Me.jpg
4, He Was A Wily One. TRADED 5, Green With Envy. 6, Call Me. TRADED

OMG! It seems to have taken more time to upload these to the thread & name them all than it did to make them. LOL.

Locke
06-24-2010, 03:25 PM
I just woke up at noon ._. So I guess I can eat and get started :D

RobbyGirl
06-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Great Cards PozBabe! My first several layers are drying on my multiple layer entry and I have several other cards almost ready to be posted.

dsign49
06-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Everyone has some amazing cards posted

jaw
06-24-2010, 03:40 PM
computer down :(
hopefully tonight I can get something uploaded...
guess the ATC gods won't let me start early! LOL

ghillietoes42
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm working on some cards right now! Unfortunately, I don't have much stuff to do collages with...

thepozbabe
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Thank Robby. That's probly all for this evening tho. x

dsign49
06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
you can create

jaw
06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
did I mention that cell phones are too small to see anything? have fun!

KESagers
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Two more.Here are my layers:

Glimmer mist
stamping with Stazon ink
gel medium
collage images

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Butterfly-1.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Butterfly-2.jpg
Layered Butterflies #1-traded and #2

(For some reason the color on these cards is actually more muted in real life than in this scan.)

ArtsyLady
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
well for some silly reason (maybe because I didn't read all the info) I thought it started @ 5:00....silly me...well I'm ready to jump right in...

Since I have more time to read in the summer, I was thinking about doing some book marks...

dsign49
06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm lurking. Kristin beautiful cards.

dsign49
06-24-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm making my grandaughter a mobile does that count as art?

GoldenWolf
06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Getting out of the office a bit earlier than I thought. Hope to have something to post later even if it's not for trade.

ginabee
06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow, the cards coming thru are awesome! I have a couple more:
In A Childs Eyes ATC (PENDING)

Young Victoria ATC (the gemstones are sparkly)

Our Times ATC (not available)

dmnh
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
I need to do a bookmark for a swap....it's just as easy to make three of them as it is to make one....bookmarks may be coming out of me this weekend....

I've been working on ATCs and Postcards this afternoon.
You all been doing that layering challenge with great success! Beautiful cards! Mine are layered, but nothing like you alls! Just two measley layers.....LOL. I've also been in the markers for a quick winter tree.

First 3 are ATCs:
magic light -collage
tree lover -collage
winter tree -markers

And then 2 postcards:
must be karma
Be Smooth

If you see something that interests you, please PM me.

RobbyGirl
06-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Okay I attacked the Layering challenge first with this piece called "Welcome Summer" I'm listing everything I used (except the glue stick) because I'm not entirely sure what counts as layers :err: ...LOL
Bristol
Gesso
Torn Text (Vintage Foreign, Vintage Music Sheet, Vintage Book)
Watercolor Wash
Gloss Modge Podge
Fine Iridescent Copper Mica
Tissue
Birch Bark (From my Tree)
Pearl Ex
Collage Image
Napkin
Real Dried Flower
2 Stamps
Sticker
Eyelet Rivet
Acrylic Paint
Gold Leafing
Pastel Pencil
Krylon High Gloss Glaze

TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Summer_Welcome.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160094)

ginabee
06-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Gosh, RobbyGirl, you have to win the LAYERS CONTEST! Beautiful...

beeps
06-24-2010, 04:23 PM
wow, that is a great card! lots of colors. all the layers don't make it look overdone (as would be mine... we will see what happens later tonight lol!!)

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 04:23 PM
WOW, Robin! That is fabulous!

chaosatlanta
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Wow! I went off to make art & come back just a couple hours later and this thread has exploded! Fabulous stuff everybody!

JavaZarf
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
dang stuck at work today
but i managed to cut my second stamp and start a layered card

JavaZarf
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
it's a jar

KESagers
06-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Looks like a jar! Cool carving!

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
i love those stamps! im gonna have to try that!

KESagers
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
More layered cards.

Here are my layers:

Glimmer mist
stamping with Stazon ink
gel medium
collage images

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Yellow-Tulip.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Pink-Tulip.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Daffodil.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Blue-Flower.jpg
Yellow Tulip, Pink Tulip, Daffodil, Blue Flower

RobbyGirl
06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
It's only been two hours and I'm beat...LOL...must've been all those layers. Here are 3 more and I'm going to take a short break because it is GORGEOUS outside and I feel guilty staying indoors.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Key_to_Money.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160110) Key to Mona Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Time_for_Mona.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160109) Time for Mona Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Potted_Ladies.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160108) Potted Ladies Traded

Aime
06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow! what gorgeous art work so far. I'm just starting to attempt some collages. I will be on later to post what I come up with.

Tinka
06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Here are some mini apc's I made.

47664 - available

47665 - traded

chaosatlanta
06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Here are my first 2 cards - fullfilling both the "Summer" theme and the "Layering" challenge.
*The green around the outside is just the paper I scanned them on - the cards end with the white border area.

Summer I : card #189 : AVAILABLE
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/small/1_ATC189.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160130)

Summer II : card #190 : TRADED
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/small/1_ATC190.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160131)

I'm not really sure how to count my layers ... I used cardstock, strips of scrapbook paper, acrylic paint, stamping, glitter glue, 3 layer paper watermelons, ink, clear gloss coat.

PM for trades!
~Cheryl

dmnh
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Wow you guys are making some wonderful art today!!! Wow!!

I dragged out the copperwire and some fake pearls. Turned on this YouTube video tutorial and made some tree of life pendants. There will be more of these. These two are about 2 inches in diameter. If I can find some suitable thick silver colored wire I'll make some in silver too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbFkUmq8XsM&feature=related

I'm open to trade whatever for one. If you're interested, just PM me and we will figure out something! Thanks for looking!
pearls and copperwire tree of lifetraded
copperwire tree of life TRADED

winterchild
06-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Beeps I get this but usually I have a heavy weight ready and I stick the offending item to a piece of heavy card (cereal packet whatever), and then wrap in waxed paper (leftover from Xyron) and weight for an hour or two and it works a treat.

I have noticed Mod Podge not behaving very well since it got damper down here....

winterchild
06-24-2010, 06:00 PM
By the way... Merry Christmas from NZ.....

When you grew up in one hemisphere and shift to another the seasons stay in your blood... so now for me it looks, feels and smells like Christmas!!! If any of you get trades from me beware of the Christmas card they will be sent in LOL!!!

chaosatlanta
06-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Those trees are really cool!

thepozbabe
06-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm away to my bed guys. Sleep well, anyone who's going there soon & have a good day crafting to the rest of you. Am looking forward to creating tomorrow & seeing what everyone else comes up with.

ghillietoes42
06-24-2010, 06:17 PM
I've gotten six cards done so far - five of them layered somewhat. I should be able to scan and post them soon.

Loving all of the art I've seen so far!

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 06:32 PM
night, Pauline!

Tinka
06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Let's see, this APC has teabagfolding in the lower left corner, , nice papers, a little piece from a dictionnary , a punched out paper embellishment and a postage stamp:)

47670 - traded

People who want to trade for another APC have first choice.

Tinka
06-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I should also go to bed...but German television - which I can watch in Belgium- will air Michael Jackson's 'History tour" in half an hour. So will stay up. Are there any other MJ fans here, and more important, anybody making an MJ card tomorrow? Let me know!:)

dmnh
06-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I've managed to go on a cleaning spree ...my computer desk was piled high with all kinds of projects. I also did another ATC and another Postcard.
If you'd like either of these, or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask for a trade.
chicken executive ATC
Here's what you get....Postcard- Most of the images on this postcard came from a Good Housekeeping Magazine dated 1978.

Tamrantula
06-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Here are a couple Button Fairies I made--not sure if I will trade them or not..might save them for a template to use as a craft for a camp of girls this summer.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_082.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_080.JPG

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
those are so cool! another thing i havent tried!

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 07:08 PM
so far i have:

Tinka
Evalila
ginabee
KESagers
thepozbabe
dmnh
RobbyGirl
chaosatlanta
Evil Seedlet

for the layer challenge. Am I missing anyone? still 6 hours til my Thursday is up so plenty of time to get your name entered in the drawing!

Evil Seedlet
06-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh, mememe!

Here's my first ATAT card, and my layered submission. Sorry for the photo and not a scan, I am scannerless for a while:

"Angel"

A SERIOUSLY mixed media card, containing: scrapbooking paper, a punch out, a postage stamp, a cut out, a button, some twine, a chipboard tag and printed out word, acrylic paint, ink, and sheet music. Tadaa!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5124/medium/1_angel.JPG

It's sort of available, not sure if I want to trade it. You can offer, but *please* don't be offended if I say no. I really like her.

winterchild
06-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I have started a layer card... still in my first 24 hours (just) of the thon so...I may try...!!

ginabee
06-24-2010, 07:28 PM
in keeping with the Summer theme...

Love ATC

Sure Do Shine ATC

melissamyth
06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
does anyone know how to make gothic arches?

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 07:48 PM
all it takes is more than one layer to get into the challenge drawing, winterchild. you can do that for sure!

Just Ducky
06-24-2010, 07:51 PM
dang... I leave last nite and now you guys going nuts on me... took forever to read and do catch up... and really nice stuff everyone....

I slow started today... (I always the slow one)
and as I typing I now remember that I also forgot to upload my cards.:confused:
it's the ducks fault.... (always blame the duck)
so I gotta go load my cards.......

HHC
06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm home from work and frantically trying to catch up with all this GORGEOUS art... and questions...

bluesybreeze
06-24-2010, 07:56 PM
OK, I'm finally getting to play. I only have one thing to post, but hopefully more will follow.

Paisley Domino Necklace (available) - the motifs are rub ons and the lines were done with a sharpie

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Gorgeous, bluesybreeze! Woohoo...HHC and the Duck are here to play! Now the party can really begin!!

HHC
06-24-2010, 08:01 PM
yay, can't wait to actually get home from work to play!!! I have tons to do this weekend (in between work)

I was reading the intro, where it said all the stuff we could make. What is a "gothic arch?" besides part architecture anyway . . .

does anyone know how to make gothic arches?

Yes... would you like me to tell you? LOL! It's a 4 x 6 piece of art, with the "arch" starting at inch 4 of the 6 inches, and meeting in the center at a point. I'll find my templates which may make it easier....
And here's one I did some time ago just for illustration...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/medium/1_Gothic_Arch-Beauty.jpg

melissamyth
06-24-2010, 08:06 PM
oh, that's gorgeous. I will have to try some :) thanks HHC

beeps
06-24-2010, 08:06 PM
okay i'm finally home! yikes. long day. off to make stuff. will report back with CARDS

Just Ducky
06-24-2010, 08:10 PM
wow Helen... I sure love this arch thingy.... another thing to add to my ... I wanta do list.

I got just 2 cards at the moment... these were my.... lets get started ones.
played around with some markers... and the Eyes have it... I don't draw that much.

but coming in with my first 4 real cards shortly...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_summer_1.jpg Summer # 1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_summer_2.jpg Summer # 2

Evil Seedlet
06-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Here are two more:

Summer Fae (colored pencil): Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5124/medium/2_summer_fae.JPG

Ticket (mixed media): Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5124/medium/1_Ticket.JPG

HHC
06-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Pushing myself away from the computer and going to the art table NOW... back soon ;)

jaw
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM
on my cell at lunch .... wowza! great stuff! but it is too small on this darn phone! I wish I was home "sick"! LOL

Tamrantula
06-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Here are a couple layered ATCs from me....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0740.jpg # 1 Jar O' Nun

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0741.jpg # 2 Pick me!

Let's see...text pages, beeswax, tissue paper, found images, alcohol inks, rubber stamping and embossing, piece of lace, gel pen, stazon ink, gesso, acrylic paint, sealer spray...what else? I think that is about all!:biglaugh:

As you can see, I was in a kinda silly mood!

ginabee
06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Great Cards EVERYBODY!! I'm done for tonight and ya'll are getting warmed up, lol.

Evil Seedlet
06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
ok, I am officially obsessed with making things look like tarnished copper.

JavaZarf
06-24-2010, 08:59 PM
47682 (available)
Layers: Text, charcoal, chalk, chalk ink, stazon ink, alcohol ink, collage, ink pen, gel pen, staples, overlay.

ghillietoes42
06-24-2010, 09:03 PM
A few new cards:

Layered(ish) - Brown Series: Link (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160180)
Layered(ish) - Black Series: Link (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160182)
Gold Phoenix (metallic and scanned horribly): Link (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160184)

Oh, and I probably won't finish by tonight (though I hope I will), and it probably doesn't count, but I'm working on a digital piece that already has 36 layers, and should finish with 45. If only digital WIP counted toward layer count XP

KESagers
06-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Asian inspired layered cards

Here are my layers:

alcohol ink background
Glimmer mist
stamping with Stazon ink
gel medium
collage images

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Asian-1.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Layered-Asian-2.jpg
Asian 1-traded, Asian 2-traded

KESagers
06-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Layered Butterfly cards

Here are my layers:

alcohol ink background
Glimmer mist
stamping with Stazon ink
gel medium
collage images
punch art
glitter glue

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Purple-Butterfly-1.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Purple-Butterfly-2.jpg
Purple Butterfly 1-traded, Purple Butterfly 2

beeps
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
i'm giving up with the layer # challenge. i just don't have the supplies to do it. heh heh.

i'm gonna make a couple more and post. i have 4 done - two layer/stamp and 2 JAM cards using images 1000 drew. i think my max layers is 6 at this point. unless the glue i got all over counts :)

ginabee
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I ordered alcohol inks but they aren't here, yet...Love those, KESagers!
Bringing available ATC cards forward:
China Girl
In the Garden
Life
Love TRADED
Young Victoria

RobbyGirl
06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
An all black and white entry for the scavenger hunt.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Stripes_and_Polka_Dots.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160195) Stripes and Polka Dots Traded

Just Ducky
06-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Robby is getting out way ahead of us all in this CHALLANGE... gonna have to read over the LIST see if I got somTHIng...

Helen has left the computer and gone into card making... can we talk about her NOw ???

so much stuff I want.... I want.. I want...

Just Ducky
06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
for Thursday card challange... I not sure if what I doing is called layers.. but here ya go..
2 layers of papers.... skelton leafs...feathers..cut images...one has a sticker.. and then some added do-dads... but I tried... guess I just call them collaged cards... ????

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_summer_3.jpg Summer # 3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_summer_4.jpg Summer # 4
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_summer_5.jpg Summer # 5
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_summer_6.jpg Summer # 6

beeps
06-24-2010, 09:48 PM
OKAY HERE WE GO!!

everything is wet/drying so i have this pic. it is hard to THON without pictures! :) please msg me if you wanna call dibs on anything :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5860/large/1_ATART_SET_1.JPG

they are numbered top row ( 1 - 3) then bottom row (4 -6)

any that are stamped if they are traded and you like them i can do a similar card. the JAMs can't really be reproduced well :)

1- fish (old dictonary, watercolors, tissue paper, gel pen, marker, stamp, stamp pad)
2 - cat (old text pages, watercolor, ink, stamps, gel pen, tissue, marker) TRADED
3 - blue hair girl (JAM with 1000) - pen, marker, pencil, tissue paperS, stamp, ink
4 - pink face girl (JAM with 1000) - pencil, ink, gel pen, fun paper, tissue paper (slightly 3D)
5- hummingbird (stamp, ink, tissue paper, paper, gel pen, marker) TRADED
6 - law student (sharpie, ink, stamp, typewriter, marker ON a paint sample!)

Evil Seedlet
06-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Great stuff so far guys! I think I'm going to pack it in for the day. I didn't do a lot but what I DID do took ages XD

I am waiting on my first ever matchbox shrine to dry for pics. Will hopefully return with them soon. :)

winterchild
06-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I never knew what a Gothic Arch was either...well not an art related one..well I guess they are all art related, but ya know what I mean..... I am beginning to sound like Alice on The Vicar of Dibley...

Time to light the fire.....

Aime
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Here is my one layered card, it took me about four hours to do. I never do a lot of layers, or collages in my art, so I'm very proud of this. I was planning on trading it, but because this is my first, and I really like it. So I dont think I want to trade this yet.

My layers are: hand made paper, three different tissue papers, wrapping paper, music paper, stamping, colored pencil, cut item, feather, glitter, gesso, acrylic paint, ink and fun foam.

Now I'm going to go back to painting, its much easier for me.

calluna
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
almost done with work for the night and then i'll get back to art! i'd be done with work now, except i want to go back and leave a friendly note for an office-crush of mine. :wubclub:

melissamyth
06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
well . . . i got sidetracked. I wanted to use some vintage items that I just got, so I scanned, then scanned, and scanned some more . . . I'm still gonna try to get one done tonight tho!

KESagers
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
A digital card for the ATART.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Clem-star-atc-w.jpg
Clematis Star (unlimited prints)

RobbyGirl
06-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Two more for the ATART and the Scavenger Hunt

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Life_Redone.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160209) Life Available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Card_Cat.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=160210)Kitty Traded

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Those are awesome, Robin!

Just Ducky
06-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Aimi... your layered card is great... really... and I would love to have it... but I think you should keep your first.... at least for awhile....
has it been long enough yet ????? funnin' with you ... great card...

and Kristin.. you always do digital so great.... beautiful really beautiful...

bluesybreeze
06-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I have 2 more altered domino necklaces. I wanted to try this out since I bought some alcohol inks not too long ago and haven't gotten to try them out yet.

Abstract Domino Necklaces
Woman Underwater Domino Necklaces

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Here's the latest update. I have the following names so far for the challenge drawing:

Tinka
Evalila
ginabee
KESagers
thepozbabe
dmnh
RobbyGirl
chaosatlanta
Evil Seedlet
Tamrantula
beeps
Just Ducky
ghillietoes42
JavaZarf
Aime
novasmem

Let me know if I've missed anyone so far. Still a few more hours to go. Keep those layers coming!

ArtsyLady
06-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Where is the link for the scavenger hunt...I keep seeing reference to the hunt....but not sure where to find it....is that part of the hunt...looking for the link? ha ha

chaosatlanta
06-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Where is the link for the scavenger hunt...I keep seeing reference to the hunt....but not sure where to find it....is that part of the hunt...looking for the link? ha ha

Ha! Yes, it is ... but since you said the magic word, here it is (in my signature below)

beeps
06-24-2010, 10:52 PM
i agree with ducky aime - that is FANTASTIC!!!

dmnh
06-24-2010, 10:53 PM
I've been busy with a few different things since my last post.

Two more tree of life pendants...these make really good handbag charms also. The multicolored one is made with glass milliforie beads and the other with fake pearls, both with copperwire. I'll be making some gold and silver colored tree of life pendants later in the ATART. I found the guitar strings and gold colored wire I didn't even know I had!

Salty Sally is a peanut person. She isn't for trade but I am working on two more peanut people. They start out as a real peanut still in the shell. I made Sally yesterday so she doesn't qualify for the ATART, but it doesn't matter anyway cause she belongs to my sister's boyfriend. He collaborated on her. He did her face and hair. Does that make him the head guy?:biglaugh: The two I'm working on are a basketball player and another lady dressed to the nines.

Yellow and Purple Fish Chunky Page. This one is my layers challenge for the day! I've been working on this one since noon....lots of drying time between the layers.
russian text
irredescent glitter
purple netting
pink glitter
yellow glass paint
jump rings with purple glass paint holding them to the base
blue glass paint
cotton string
acrylic varnish
chipboard fish with gesso, pink glitter and acrylic varnish
eyelash yarn
yellow metal eyelets
The backside is yellow tissue paper layered with purple netting and purple strings
Danglies: yellow crochet cotton, lavendar eyelash yarn, square moonstone bead and teardrop amythyst bead

Stuffie made from cashmere sweater material, pink crochet cotton, halloween spider webbing for stuffing, two buttons, cotton string and green glass donut beads. This guy is about a foot tall counting his legs, his body is about 4 inches long.

If anyone wants any of this stuff....please don't hesitate to ask for a trade. I will trade internationally and I'm open to trading for whatever you might have to trade! Don't be shy!!!!

ArtsyLady
06-24-2010, 11:00 PM
oooh, I want a champ button...better catch up to Robbie

dmnh, really great fish chunkie...so many layers

ArtsyLady
06-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Sweet Summer reading...

Bookmark:

Card stock
hand drawn sweets
color pencil
Marker
embossed lollipop
glaze jelly roll pen for confetti
Sweet stamp
Shrinky dink charms
Fun fiber tassle

I think that's it...

oh yeah...inked edge

Just Ducky
06-24-2010, 11:16 PM
so.. I did a Black and White card... at least I got one thing for the challange HUNT...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_black_and_white.jpg Summer #7

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 11:25 PM
wow...so much great art! dmnh, that fish chunky is beyond fantastic and i love your tree of life pendants! novasmem, so glad you finally made it! Love that bookmark! Ducky, I cant even come up with a black and white idea and then you whip that out...wow...i bow to your awesomeness!

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Helen...if your out there somewhere...should the fringy things or danglies be counted as a layer or not? may make the difference in the "# of layers contest".

HHC
06-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Helen has left the computer and gone into card making... can we talk about her NOw ???

WHAT???? :err::mad::wideeyed:

theweavershand
06-24-2010, 11:40 PM
looking back at the description given for this challenge as I read it it simply says Layered Art, not just layered cards. So I've added bluesybreeze and IRememberInADream to the list for the drawing. please let me know if i've missed any other art that would qualify.

what do you guys think about the cords, beads, fringe and dangly things...layer or extra?

Helen...what do you think?

Theresagram
06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Well gals, lots of neat stuff being posted! Can't wait to get cracking tomorrow.

I went to the doc today and was informed I'm not sick after all. Funny, the runny/stuffy nose, coughing my head off, fever and chills kinda had me convinced I was. Silly me. He said, since I didn't currently have a fever and my lungs sounded clear, I really wasn't 'sick'. .....but he gave me antibiotics and codeine cough syrup anyway. :rolleyes:

Five hours after I was there I got a temp of 101...I almost called him to tell him. The twit!

Anyway, see you all tomorrow.

HHC
06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
theweavershand, you are correct. The intent was any layered art, not just ATC's.

Also, IMO, the dangly things would be considered one layer... however a danglies like ribbon with a charm or a bead attached would be two. Just my opinion. I'll leave that decision up to our hostess for the day. :D

HHC
06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
So I've been playing with beeswax and napkins for a swap... and some are coming out okay and some aren't. bleh! Back soon with pictures. :D

Just Ducky
06-25-2010, 12:03 AM
well guys... for this Michigan gal... our first day is about toast... and lots of fun.
I tired but happy camper...

NOW... don't forget tomorrow (FRIDAY) is Mail-Art day.... and I will be checking for
non -- ATC items... (I's the hostess for this fun day)

I will post a picture of the PRIze given to one of our Mail-Art gals...

so nite nite ya all.... all over this tiny world...

KESagers
06-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Night everyone! Thanks for a fun day. Can't wait to see what you make while I sleep.:)

HHC
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Good night Ducky and KESagers. Sleep well and dream of beautiful art to create in the morning. :wub:

ghillietoes42
06-25-2010, 12:15 AM
I didn't do very well with physical layered art, at least in my opinion, and I'm mostly out of supplies for working on collages, so I'm taking a break from it at the moment to work on other layered art - a digital piece. It's lots of fun, but far more layers than I was expecting...

I'm loving seeing all the creativity! I've got some more ideas for tomorrow - can't wait!

HHC
06-25-2010, 12:20 AM
oh, digital layers!

theweavershand
06-25-2010, 12:22 AM
nite Nancy and Kristen! cant wait for tomorrow!

ghillietoes42
06-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Indeed, 46 of them. Now, to shade!