PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu__LEARN-A-Thon__ July 2-5, 2010

Linda4atc
07-01-2010, 01:27 AM
NOON Friday July 2 to Midnight Monday July 5
We are all in different time zones so these times are very flexible.

A LAT (Learn-a-thon) is for anything you need to learn or practice, some suggestions are a new technique for backgrounds, a sketch or painting book, pergamano, beading and charm making that you haven;t done before,

The goal here is not trading but learning, so feel free to work with whatever size you want. I usually work in a sketchbook that I keep. This said if you do wish to trade with someone that is totally up to the two of you..

:v_spin:General goals

1) To use those How to Draw books most of us have sitting around collecting dust.
2) To do the lessons and to get lots of practice.
3) To practice, practice, have fun and practice.

:policeman:Rules

1) Have Fun and Learn
2) Use lessons from any book or even an online site to study from, we have tutorials here at AFA.
3) Optional … Share what you are working on
4) We can all encourage each other not to give up. To have fun and to try to stretch our abilities….

:geek: Any Questions just ask!
2008 Learn-a-thon (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4765) Learn-A-Thon ... Aug 21-23, 2009 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11670)

Don't forget our AFA forum has lots of tutorial typoe info... Articles and How-to Guides (http://atcsforall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)

Linda4atc
07-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Hey Lets give another Learn-a-thon a try. I know many of you are busy this weekend. I will be busy part of the time myself, but I want to give it a go.... This is the book I plan to study fromhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_001.jpg

Evalila
07-01-2010, 02:10 AM
This sounds great. I´ll be busy for parts of the weekend, too, but I hope I can play. Now - what to learn? There are sooooo many things! Decisions, decisions! :huh:

theweavershand
07-01-2010, 02:13 AM
ill be in and out. lots to learn though so im sure ill find something to do!

goatgoddess
07-01-2010, 05:58 AM
I'm planning on trying paper cloth for the first time so I can do that <G> and maybe some drawing I've wanted to try. will see what I can do - have to work sunday but off saturday :)

lkastello
07-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I'll be in and out but I am game!

midnitecreations
07-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I've wanted to try some of the workshop stuff from this past weekend. I didn't get a chance to take everything! lol, but hopefully, I can try some anyway.

sniisk
07-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm not busy at all then. Just a normal summer weekend with nothing special here in Finland. And I have a lot to learn!

My first try is to buy a heat gun and try embossing first time ever... But I don't know yet if I can find a market where to buy it...

lkastello
07-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm not busy at all then. Just a normal summer weekend with nothing special here in Finland. And I have a lot to learn!

My first try is to buy a heat gun and try embossing first time ever... But I don't know ywt if I can find a market where to buy it...

Why not try the internet? There is probably one on EBay!

sniisk
07-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Why not try the internet? There is probably one on EBay!

I can't pay there. I don't have a paypal or credit card.

ginabee
07-01-2010, 05:30 PM
I can't play, I'm packing to move, but I'll try to pop in! Great idea, Learn a thon.

Linda4atc
07-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Gina I sure hope your move goes smoothly and that you love your new place. :)

Sanna when I first started heat embossing the heat guns were not available. I used a small electric Fry pan. Hold your paper (cardstock so it won't bend and let the powder fall off ) with long tweezers or one of those surgical clip thingies, hold it over the heat but keep moving it like you would popcorn to keep it from burning. Just be carefull and with a little practice it will work.

ginabee
07-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks Linda! What a neat technique for making do with what you got.

midnitecreations
07-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Linda, what a cool tip. I've got a heat gun, but I love getting ideas like that. I was at my mom's the other weekend, and took some supplies with me. Of course, I had the embossing powder, but no heat gun. Wish I knew this tip then! lol. Now if I could remember how to make homemade glue. We used to make it with starch when we were young. It worked great!

Linda4atc
07-01-2010, 08:28 PM
If it's a pan you plan to cook with later, I would protect it with a piece of aluminum foil.

midnitecreations
07-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I think once I make this gunk...I mean glue... in it, I won't be using it for cooking again! Whom am I kidding. I'd rather use all my pans for this glue stuff than cooking! lol

GALZART
07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Linda, what a cool tip. I've got a heat gun, but I love getting ideas like that. I was at my mom's the other weekend, and took some supplies with me. Of course, I had the embossing powder, but no heat gun. Wish I knew this tip then! lol. Now if I could remember how to make homemade glue. We used to make it with starch when we were young. It worked great!

My mom used to make this 'paste' for us.
1/2 cup flour
1 cup water
She used to boil it on the stove.
Here are upgraded instructions from a newer 'cookbook'
1. Mix flour and water together in a medium size bowl.
2. Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring several times during cooking. It will get very thick all at once. If a thinner paste is needed, just stir in a little cold water. You may like to add 1/2 teaspoon mint or lemon flavoring to the water to give the paste a fresh scent.

thepozbabe
07-02-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm planning on trying paper cloth for the first time so I can do that <G> and maybe some drawing I've wanted to try. will see what I can do - have to work sunday but off saturday :)

I have heard of cloth paper & even have a card made of it but i can't find any instructions on how to do it.

sniisk
07-02-2010, 08:30 AM
My first try is to buy a heat gun and try embossing first time ever... But I don't know yet if I can find a market where to buy it...

I got it! I'll test it today and report here how did it work.

Evalila
07-02-2010, 09:18 AM
I have heard of cloth paper & even have a card made of it but i can't find any instructions on how to do it.

I found an online instruction, maybe this helps:

http://arleebarr.squarespace.com/designjournal/2006/11/7/making-fabric-paper.html

thepozbabe
07-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Thank you Evelyn, will go take a look. x

Pippin
07-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I got it! I'll test it today and report here how did it work.

You can also use an iron! Just set it on high and hold it over, but NOT touching, the card. Make sure it is not set to steam!!! I used to do that before I had a heat gun!

midnitecreations
07-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Galzart thanks for the receipe. I thought my grams used ironing starch to make her glue, but you know it could have been flour. It just looked like starch when she was done with it! But it worked really well on everything.

sniisk
07-02-2010, 12:33 PM
My first card with embossing is ready :). Not very well made and looks like a practise version but still it's my first card. I'll post a picture later.

Linda4atc
07-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I found an online instruction, maybe this helps:

http://arleebarr.squarespace.com/designjournal/2006/11/7/making-fabric-paper.html

Thank you Evalilia, I'm glad you found a link. Here is what I had written out for someone in the past. But the link may explain it better, I'm going to go look at it now.:D

The instructions came from a the Cloth Paper scissors magazine. They made Fruit and vegetable shaped pillows out of it. I used a nuetral color they used red, green etc.

It was made by diluting white glue or a gel medium, it will look like milk. Use a paint brush (1") to paint the glue on a piece of fabric maybe what they call a "quilters fat quarter" which is a 1/4-yard of fabric but they cut a 1/2 yard accross the bolt (36") then cut that half yard in half at the fold in the fabric so it ends up being approx 18"x22".

You brush the glue on with the paint brush and layer all kinds of strips of tissue paper, text book pages, atlas pages, fancy napkin papers etc. brushing with the diluted glue as needed

It is a good idea to tear a bunch of paper strips ahead of time but if you are like me you will find yourself tearing more for just the right piece. Remember even though you are working with a large piece of fabric you will be cutting it into small pieces. so take that into mind when doing your layers.

I slid a large piece of cardboard (a flattened out box) inside a plastic trashbag to work on, and it was easy to move somewhere else to let it dry. You can paint the last layer with a diluted accrylic paint or do as I did ant just add a bit of paint to the leftover glue for the last layer.

Have fun good luck.

GALZART
07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Galzart thanks for the receipe. I thought my grams used ironing starch to make her glue, but you know it could have been flour. It just looked like starch when she was done with it! But it worked really well on everything.

Who knows, back in those days, there were a lot of home recipes and there could have been one for starch too. I just know it smelled icky....but it worked.
I think she may have strained it through gauze or something because I can picture a piece of fabric held onto the side of the pot with clothespins.

malicea10
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Here is a no cook paste.. We used to use this a lot when I was in school. I used to eat it to.
No-Cook Paste
MaterialsBowl

1/2 cup flour
Water
Salt

Directions

In bowl, mix flour with enough water to make a mixture that's gooey, but not runny.
Add a pinch of salt; stir.

Linda4atc
07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I added a link to the AFA How to Forum in the first post. There is a lot of good tutorials in there some of you may find something to work on in there.

Linda4atc
07-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Here is one of my favorite artist tips threads... http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041

Linda4atc
07-02-2010, 11:09 PM
duhh :goofy: I just edited both my last two posts because I left out words. Sanna hows the embossing going? Anybody learning anything? I have started reading my book. Unfortunately if I do the lessons the way the book says I won't be drawing much to share this weekend. Supposed to paractice for several days before really drawing a face. I know I can draw a lot of the cartoon faces in the book but I want to learn to create my own cartoon people from real people.

sniisk
07-03-2010, 03:22 AM
Here is my first ever embossed card. The embossing part didn't go so well but it's my first try.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/2_114.jpg ATC not for trade

sniisk
07-03-2010, 03:26 AM
And here are two postcard size cards I made later yesterday. Embossing were a bit better but I still need much practise.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_Mail_Art.jpg Mail Art not for trade

Linda4atc
07-03-2010, 03:46 AM
I like that Santa stamp Sana. Embossing does take a little practice sometimes. But it is fun and there is a lot that you can do with it.

I did work from my book tonight. I hated every scribble line I drew. I am the type that sketches with a pencil and uses an eraser repeatedly. The author of this book teaches those people who sit in the park and draw people. There is no erasing and he prefers that we learn using a marker and steady sure lines. HAH I really don't tghink I can do that. But I will try. Maybe tomorrow I'll switch to something else and come back to this later.

Evalila
07-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Sanna, I think the embossed cards look good! As Linda said, a little more practice is all it takes :D

Today I´ll have time to play - unless I don´t melt. ;) It´s definetely too hot here at the moment. They said temperatures will rise up to about 95 degrees Fahrenheit and that there will be thunderstorms later today. Puuuh! :swoon:

I think I start with painting with pastel chalks today

sniisk
07-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Evelyn, same weather here... The only good thing is that I don't need to do anything today.

I noticed there are a lot of stamps working well with embossing powder and more stamps not working with it. The stamp need to be "simple" without too specific parts or all the image will be just blurry.

Evalila
07-03-2010, 06:21 AM
I just made one of the exercises from the pastel chalk book I borrowed from my FIL. It isn´t too bad, I think, but maybe this isn´t my kind of medium ;) I like the way it looks, but I don´t like the process.

I made some fabricpaper yesterday and cut it down to atc-size today. This was fun! I made some more today, this time using organza for the top instead of tissue paper, it´s still lying outside in the sun to dry.

Evalila
07-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Here is the fabricpaper I made today. Because of the heat outside it was bonedry within a few hours ;)

I´m working on several kinds of backgrounds at the moment, partially from Maggie Grey´s book "Raising the surface".
The second and third photos show a background made of velvet and angelina fibres - one with my cat Barrsik who wanted to be on the photo, too LOL.
The last background is made from brown paper and fusible webbing painted with silk colors.

Penlowe
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM
There is no erasing and he prefers that we learn using a marker and steady sure lines.
Try working bigger, like at least 18 x 24. Sounds weird but mentally it's freeing to practice that kind of line work in large scale on a really big page, newsprint is cheapest (it's just practice! cheap paper is fine!). When you use your whole arm to make a line instead of just your wrist & hand you have to slow down. This in turn allows you to learn those deliberate lines.

GALZART
07-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Here is the fabricpaper I made today. Because of the heat outside it was bonedry within a few hours ;)

I´m working on several kinds of backgrounds at the moment, partially from Maggie Grey´s book "Raising the surface".
The second and third photos show a background made of velvet and angelina fibres - one with my cat Barrsik who wanted to be on the photo, too LOL.
The last background is made from brown paper and fusible webbing painted with silk colors.
This, I certainly have to try!!!

KESagers
07-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Oh - looks like everyone is having fun!

Love the fabric paper! (Beryl Taylor - the artist that invented the technique lives close to me. She is an inspiring person and artist and her book is worth every penny!)

Sniisk - with the embossing - if you have a detailed stamp it usually requires "detail" powder. It's a smaller grain and the details of the image will stay sharp. Also I've found that with detailed images Versa Mark clear ink keeps things sharp but your first attemps are looking really good!

Evalila
07-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Here´s my first ATC, made from the velvet/angelina background. I embellished it with several yarns and decorative machine stitching and embossed it with UTEE. Unfortunately the scan doesn´t show the shine of the Angelina.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_ATC1052.jpg

mrubyjean
07-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh, how beautiful, Evalila!

I'm been lurking...very informative!
Working at the library today, but I'm hoping to break out my beginning drawing book tomorrow...maybe i'll have something to post...maybe not :confused:

sniisk
07-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Sniisk - with the embossing - if you have a detailed stamp it usually requires "detail" powder. It's a smaller grain and the details of the image will stay sharp. Also I've found that with detailed images Versa Mark clear ink keeps things sharp but your first attemps are looking really good!

Oooh, I need the see if I can find "detail" powder from our craft shop when I visit there next time. We don't have a lot of supplies here but I need to try. It's possible to find it because I found a heat gun too.

Linda4atc
07-03-2010, 05:16 PM
The eyes are drawing from the practice eyes in the book, the nose are both from the practice drawings and some I drew looking at photos of different people.
Well I spent the morning with my book. but I switched to pencil and an eraser. I just didn't enjoy the markers. Next time I'm at Michaels I'll pick up a newsprint tablet. But I really don't have to worry about being fast. I want results and an enjoyable process in achieving them.

I have only done cloth paper once so I still have a lot I can learn with that. Maybe I'll take y kitties over to the studio and play with that for awhile.
http://dragcave.net/image/vM0e.gif (http://dragcave.net/view/vM0e)

Linda4atc
07-04-2010, 12:40 PM
HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE! This is what I learned yesterday about cloth paper....

First thing I learned is, this technique is a good one for backgrounds and since we are mostly doing flat art there isn't a need for stitchable fabric. This said, I couldn't find a piece of fabric to use since all my fabrics are still in Eureka. I thought about just using paper and that would work but was boring. Sooo I decided to use a piece of Wonder Under, this is a very thin fusible glue fiber sheet. (Help if you can describe it better). It is made to glue one piece of fabric to another by using the heat of an iron to melt the glue fibers.

Anyway It is VERY thin and thread like. I cut a piece about 18x18 and placed it on my plastic covered work area. I had a little trouble seeing it on a white bag, a black bag would make it easier to see the fibers but also would distort the true colors of what you are working on because the black would show through.

I used book pages, music pages, a black and white flower print napkin (top layer only), and a white tissue paper with a gold doily design on it. It is actually transparent in some places where the napkin is not layered on a book page. I love how it came out, it is very thin and not as stiff as my first cloth paper.

I then decided hey I need to do something different, I liked the black and white theme I had going on so I got my black glitter. Second thing I learned, black glitter can ruin things! I do like the sparkle but I think the glitter actually gives it a dirty look. unfortunately I sprinkled over the whole thing.

Third thing I learned, since I used the wonder under and it is so very thin I ended up making a reversable cloth paper! I can use both sides the woner under just dissappears.

Also at the CA Gathering Lindamay taught us basically the same technique but she used a pellon interfacing as the base and fabric scraps instead of paper to collage. I think if you want a sturdy back, pellon would work with the paper, and you can always use fabric bits mixed the paper pieces to collage.

Theresagram
07-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm lurking too. Have been busy getting ready for company today.

Will try to pop in later and do something.

sniisk
07-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I have been cleaning the house almost all the day. I organized my art supplies etc. and can maybe say I learnt something at the same time :).

malicea10
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I dragged out my Drawing for Dummies last night and did some faces and eyes..I am pretty happy with the way they turned out...I didn't know I had it in me. LOL!

Linda4atc
07-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I dragged out my Drawing for Dummies last night and did some faces and eyes..I am pretty happy with the way they turned out...I didn't know I had it in me. LOL!

Congrats hun, can you share them with us? I love that book. I still need to work with that to. Instead I am paying bills, browsing cat info on the net. My babies are both male and we ere wondering if there was a food that is better than others for them. I know males are more likely to have urniary tract issues, and Hobbs had kidney problems. But Hobbs was a very picky eater and wouldn't eat the healthier food when he developed kidney problems. I want to give these babies a long healthy life if I can.

winterchild
07-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaah... I missed this!!!! But mega excitement... I have posted my first Swap I am hosting..woohoo!!!

Just Ducky
07-05-2010, 12:48 AM
hi gals... I didn't learn anything this weekend... but wait yes I did... read thro. your thread Linda... so picked up ideas on fabric background stuff.. and ready to give it a try.

Sanna ya doing good with your embossing... at least you are trying harder then I have... I just seem to be mental when it comes to stamping and embossing..

so yes... I did learn... just got to put what I learned into doing... so thanks Linda for kick starting me again....

Linda4atc
07-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Well if you have any time tomorrow you can still join in! I really didn't get much done today myself. I let the kittens learn something though. I put them in a harness and on a leash for the first time today. They did pretty good!

Linda4atc
07-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Ohh yea I didn't feel like doing the lessons but I did try to draw a caricature of Elvis today. It is awful, lol

Linda4atc
07-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Well folks, I hope ther are a few of you still learning today. I want to try this http://thesumofallcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/03/drunken-scotch-technique.html Dadreemer taught a clas at the CA Gathering but I just watched.

I have a vet appointment with the kittens today, and unfortunately it is at 1:30. that kind of breaks my day apart. It is about an 1 1/2 to the vet, who is near my Doctor and Becky, who I got the kittens from. They also have one next Monday, sigh. I may have to find a vet closer after these two appointments.

KESagers
07-05-2010, 02:28 PM
That drunken glue technique looks like fun - thanks for the link Linda!

ginabee
07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Malicea10, I need to buy that book, Drawing for Dummies. I'm putting it on my 'Want list'.

Penlowe
07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Lini posted up instructions for a making yout own pattern for quilt squares, I tried it & it worked! The other thing I learned is I tried curved lines in said quilt square and they turned out wonderfully :jiggy: I've been so afraid of curved pieces quilt blocks....

KESagers
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I couldn't reisist the drunken glue technique so here is my first attempt:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Drunken-Glue.jpg

I used glossy pre-printed chip board with PVA glue. I did not sand the surface and this is what I learned: the surface was so slippery that the glue pulled away from the edges and some of the surface as it dried. Since the surface had color similar to the alcohol inks I used it is probably OK and I'll be adding more to these and dress them up a bit more so they wont go to waste. Next time I'll try it with a chipboard surface that has more tooth to it. All in all I think it's a great technique and I'll be doing it again.:D

theweavershand
07-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I havent had a chance to try anything new but im loving the ideas you guys are putting out there. I'm gonna have to try the Drunken Scotch and all the wonderful fabric paper ideas. Thanks for putting all this wonderful inspiration together, Linda!

winterchild
07-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Love that fabric paper Evalila!

Sniisk.... you can get extra fine Embossing Powders which work a lot better with more detailed stamps... if I can find some I will send you some :)

ginabee
07-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Love that look, KESagers!
I didn't know about fine Embossing powder.
Super ideas!
Thanks.

Linda4atc
07-05-2010, 11:16 PM
WOW Kristin those came out great! If you want to use decorated (printed glossy paper) chipboard pieces for something like that you can usually very carefully peel away the paper. I do this with small childrens chunky style books and eve with ceral boxes that I want to use as a base for my chunky books. Although the cereal boxes do not peel as easy. Another thing if the pages of a childrens book are really thick you can split the cardboard/chipboard itself to make two pages.

NOTE the Drunked Scotch link and technique are from Dadreemer.

Linda4atc
07-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I spent most of the day in town today. I learned my kitties are really good babies and the vet gets the Dumbass Award. It was Dumb ofthem to schedule an appointment for a Holiday they were taking off. But what takes the cake is that they didn't bother to call and cancel that appointment!!! Ukiah was 91 degrees F today and I had to keep th airconditioner in the car going to keep the babies comfortable. Needless to say Tomorrow I look for another vet.

But What I did when I got home way to create and make a Booklet/Scrapbook out of a single sheet of scrapbook 12x12 paper. Just need to add a cover and Photo embelishments.

Directions:

First I cut the paper into three 4x12 strips, then I folded each strip accordian style into three 4x4 squares.

48613 One strip I then cut in half through the center square, giving me two 4x6 pieces for the inside back and front covers.

48614 So now I lay out the strips this way, Inside Cocer (4"x4"+2"), page 1,2 & 3 (4"x12"), 48612page 4, 5 & 6 (4"x12"), Inside back cover (2"+4"x4")

48610 OK glue the inside front cover TAB to the back of page 1, glue page 1 nad page 2 back to back with the tab between them, repeat process for the other strip and inside cover section

48609 Then these two pieces are glues together by glueing page three and page 4 back to back.

And then you can get a heavier cardstock to bake a cover, I haven't done this yet but I think the strip needs to be 4"x 8' + 1/4" to 1/2" so you have room for the spine. I would glue to the front, then fold it around to the back, at this poing you need to trim the excess away.

:idea: actually if the cover is 8"x10" you can glue to front, wrap around spine, glue to back and wrap the extra over the open edge of the book and back to the front. Then a ribbon or some closure can be added. I try to do this tomorrow and show pics.

HHC
07-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Oh! I missed this. I didn't have time to play anyway, but what I learned this weekend is that I need to take the time and be in my garden on my one day off, even if it's cold and rainy. :)

Linda4atc, what a bummer your vet didn't call to cancel. What a pain! At least the kitties were okay with a small road trip. I like your booklet/scrapbook. I'll have to try it out...

I love the fabric paper or paper fabric... whatever it's called. lol!

I saw the Drunken Scotch link recently and am so impressed, KESagers, that you just did it. Coolness!

Sanna, you are becoming an embossing pro! I'll have to see if I have any detail embossing power... I can send a tiny baggie of it so you can try. A little goes a long way, I've found.

Evalila, your ATC from the velvet/angelina background is incredible! Have I mentioned that fabric scares me? :)

sniisk
07-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Thank you Winterchild and HHC.

And thank you Linda for hosting this time too. I learnt a lot!

Linda4atc
07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Thank you Winterchild and HHC.

And thank you Linda for hosting this time too. I learnt a lot! So glad you were able to join us hun.

Well Kristen got me going and went over to the studio late last night and did these
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/large/20_My_Art_001.jpg The gears are something else that Dadreemer intrduced me to. THey are diecuts from Sizzix, but they don't work on Die all machines.

PM me if you want me you want to trade for some. I can cut some from cereal box cardboard. There is one more larger gear also, for a total of three different ones with each cut.

theweavershand
07-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Those are so cool!

KESagers
07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
WOW Kristin those came out great! If you want to use decorated (printed glossy paper) chipboard pieces for something like that you can usually very carefully peel away the paper. I do this with small childrens chunky style books and eve with ceral boxes that I want to use as a base for my chunky books. Although the cereal boxes do not peel as easy. Another thing if the pages of a childrens book are really thick you can split the cardboard/chipboard itself to make two pages.

NOTE the Drunked Scotch link and technique are from Dadreemer.

That is such a great tip - thanks so much! I love how your gears turned out! That's a die that is on my wish list.;)

HHC
07-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Linda, those are cool. How big are they?