PDA

View Full Version : The Non-Weekend All Types of Art a-Thon, July 12-15!

Pages : [1] 2 3

sniisk
07-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Start time (in your time zone) 12:00 pm (noon) on Monday July 12, 2010 and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Thursday July 15, 2010

What all can we do: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rolos, gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create!

All mediums are welcome: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting... Goody bag trades are also welcome.

And of course we can trade :).

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES FOR THIS A-THON:

Monday: Marker pen and book page text, book page text and marker pen somewhere on it

Tuesday: Stamping, anything stamped

Wednesday: "Winged things" which could include birds, butterflies, angels, fairies, girls with wings, button fairies or what ever you can imagine

Thursday: Something that moves, for example brads, flaps, windows that open

Remember this a-thon is open to EVERYONE. Challenges are entirely optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art days, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for some days to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting ensues. When it ends (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:

From your atcsforall.com gallery: It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to size you want.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or Just Ducky, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR USERNAME ON THE BACK OF YOUR CARDS. You can't get an iTrader if your trading partner doesn't know who you are.

GALZART
07-10-2010, 08:43 AM
OK, I'm here...going to make a serious attempt...the key word is attempt...but at least I'll be around checking everything.

Evalila
07-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Great! I´ll try to play.

1 Art Lady
07-10-2010, 10:09 AM
I'll be in and out.... but will try to get a few things done.

beeps
07-10-2010, 12:10 PM
sweet! i plan to play tuesday for sure... other days i'm not sure about.

can't wait to see what the challenges are!!

dsign49
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Can wait for it to start as I couldn't not play in the last one.

KESagers
07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Getting organized here . . .

complicious
07-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I think I'll be working on inchies and maybe some chunky 4 x 4s

sniisk
07-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Can wait for it to start as I couldn't not play in the last one.

I didn't play then and can't wait now :).

dsign49
07-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Kristin,
So am I. Trying to get my desk cleaned off so I can see the surface.

beeps
07-10-2010, 03:53 PM
i'm planning to do some collage cards, maybe some HD chunkie pages. i found some charms/bead thingies in a dollar bin and now i'm ready!! i have to make my chunky backgrounds. picked all the cereal boxes out of the recycle bin :)

dsign49
07-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I used some of the back of cards I received when trading. Nothing like recycling.

dsign49
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
(What all can we do: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rolos, gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create!)

I have a question what are skinny pages and how do you make charms?

KESagers
07-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Kristin,
So am I. Trying to get my desk cleaned off so I can see the surface.

Usually there is stuff all around the edges that has been there since the beginning of time and a big orange cat in the middle of it all which leaves me with about 6 square inches to work. Not this time! Of course by the time the ATART is over I'll be back to where I started.:twitcy:

dsign49
07-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I.d like to start rolos, but the thing to store them in is quite expensive. I don't have any cards either. Just a thought I quess.

KESagers
07-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Sniisk hosts the official rolo thread so she can give you great advice on this. I just use a 3x5 template for mine because the regular cards are too thin.

beeps
07-10-2010, 05:15 PM
i was thinking about doing business cards as an alternative to rolos. cause i like to be difficult. and maybe cause i have several for other things laying around.

jill - that's a good idea about using old cards. OHHH!! i have those around. some are pretty paper on one side also, so double score!

Just Ducky
07-10-2010, 10:33 PM
RECYCle..... got this idea from KESagers.... kleenix boxes and other brands.. they make great (front) background papers... just buy the tissue box you think pretty and start blowing your nose more....:twitcy:

beeps
07-10-2010, 10:48 PM
lol ducky that is great!!

most of my insides are boca burger boxes and kashi cereal. yikes! glued some paper do that.... unless someone wants a cereal themed page!

KESagers
07-10-2010, 11:50 PM
LOL - Ducky knows me too well! I have tons of tissue box backgrounds cut and ready to go and yes sometimes I do buy the tissues just for the box they are in.:embarrassed:

sniisk
07-11-2010, 03:44 AM
(What all can we do: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rolos, gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create!)

I have a question what are skinny pages and how do you make charms?

You can try to find some examples from this forum. There should be some thread about all these items. I haven't made any skinny pages or charms but the list tries to mention everything you can find from this forum.

sniisk
07-11-2010, 03:47 AM
25 hours to go here but first I have to travel 400 miles until I will be at home. And it's terrible hot day here...

sniisk
07-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Any ideas for the challenges this time? I will add something but it would be great to hear your ideas too.

Tamrantula
07-11-2010, 08:20 AM
ideas...hmmm...

I am always about layers...I love the depth of many layered cards!

Or...how about "winged things" which could include birds, butterflies, angels, fairies, girls with wings, button fairies, etc...so many possibilities!

Tamrantula
07-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Maybe something that moves? Brads, flaps, windows that open....hmmmmm.....

KESagers
07-11-2010, 08:53 AM
A stamping challenge is always good also.:D

Penlowe
07-11-2010, 09:16 AM
marking! this is perfect for me as I'm not a weekend art-er.

adifferentstory
07-11-2010, 12:49 PM
How about something to coincide with my Monthly challenge in the art discussions forum. Marker pen and book page text. Where whatever you make has to have book page text and marker pen somewhere on it. Participants here could post pics of what they have done over there too.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15884

I'm determined i'll get a proper play in this athon.

KESagers
07-11-2010, 01:17 PM
That's a great idea for a challenge!

theweavershand
07-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Awesome! count me in!

okwiccan
07-11-2010, 03:38 PM
waiting for the time to move, trying to get my table cleared off. ducky, you are right about the tissue boxes. i have tons of those cut. i have tons of card backgrounds made ahead. when my pain levels get too bad to sleep, i find cutting atc's very relaxing.
so i have tons ready to go. some suitable for stamping. some for collaging. so i am just waiting for noon on monday.
sanna, thanks as always for the heads up.

adifferentstory
07-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I rarely make many backgrounds in advance so when I do the athons I normally have to do the background as well. I should get more prepared LOL

winterchild
07-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Same here adifferentstory.... I am still in the doldrums and trying hard to give myself a kick up the butt..... x Bobby Where its started already....!

dsign49
07-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Has it started some where already?

winterchild
07-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Its 1.15pm Monday in NZ.... :) and it's not that warm...!

melissamyth
07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Excited for it to start. I'm off tomorrow, so plenty of time to play . . .

I love using text pages in my art, so that would be an interesting challenge.

A found poetry challenge would also be fun . . . but then again, they all are. Just excited to see what they are :)

Just Ducky
07-11-2010, 10:58 PM
looks like ya gals are starting to dig in for a week of fun...
Bobby... wow you sure are ahead of most of us... but you cold and me ? still HOT here.

great ideas being put out for challanges... sometimes it's good to have a challange as it will give us an idea of where to go... kinda like a kick start..

so, like winterchild, this Duck could use a butt kick... let some feathers fly...

winterchild
07-12-2010, 02:09 AM
Here is my first attempt ever at one of these Athon thingies... all thanks to a wonderful member of this site and the card is for her :) Sorry it's a bit dismal and grungy... will make you some better ones!!

sniisk
07-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Good morning :). It was terrible long and hot travelling day yeasterday and I was home after mignight. It's 90F outside here and I'm melting. Any kind of air condition could be nice...

Thank you for the ideas. I took four of them and they are in the first post now. Remember, they are just challenges, you don't have to use them.

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Good to see you had a safe journey home Sanna. That was a long drive. It's feels quite chilly here at the moment.

I am prepared LOL I decided on a background I wanted to make and as it had modelling paste on it it needed to be pre-done. It also has vintage book text on it, then dry brushed with acrylic paints, the highlighted with some luna lights paint and then viva precious metal colour. Now I have 4hrs tio decided what to put on the backgrounds LOL I'll probably still be sat here tomorrow scratching my head LOL

winterchild
07-12-2010, 03:13 AM
Sanna... woohoo!! In an attempt to cool you down... our barometer is reading -6 C :) x

sniisk
07-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Can I come there Bobby? It's much more my temperature. Summer is nice but I get a migraine so easily.

sniisk
07-12-2010, 06:53 AM
I have started and made some ATCs but nothing ready yet. I should upload my "train art" today. I draw some ATCs in the train yesterday.

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 07:32 AM
I have 3 done but they need to dry. I'll upload them as soon as they are.

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 09:03 AM
ATART 1 - Modelling paste, vintage book text, acrylic paint, Luna Lights paint, Viva precial metal paint, vintage photo of my mum, Letraset pro markers. - Traded

ATART 2 - Modelling paste, vintage book text, acrylic paint, Luna Lights paint, Viva precial metal paint, vintage photo of my mum, Letraset pro markers. - Available

ATART 3 - Modelling paste, vintage book text, acrylic paint, Luna Lights paint, Viva precial metal paint, Letraset pro markers. - Traded

This card is very metallic and pearlised which doesn't show well on the scans.

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 09:07 AM
ATART 4 - Modelling paste, vintage book text, acrylic paint, Luna Lights paint, Viva precial metal paint, vintage photo of my mum, Letraset pro markers. - Available

ATART 5 - Modelling paste, vintage book text, acrylic paint, Luna Lights paint, Viva precial metal paint, Letraset pro markers. - Traded

ATART 6 - Modelling paste, vintage book text, acrylic paint, Luna Lights paint, Viva precial metal paint, vintage photo of my mum, Letraset pro markers, braid. - Traded

These cards are very metallic and pearlised which does not show well on the scans.

sniisk
07-12-2010, 09:25 AM
So many great cards, Lynne! I need to upload my first ATART cards soon.

thepozbabe
07-12-2010, 09:29 AM
I have been busy all morning & have to go out to see Mum. But hope to play later this evening. My table is all nice & clear. All ready to mess up again. Ha ha.
Love the cards ADS. See you all later. x

sniisk
07-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi Pauline :). Don't say you "have to" go to see your mum, say you "can and want to" see your mum :).

thepozbabe
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh that sounds bad, doesn't it? Of course i want to see her, i will have to be careful how i word things wont i? x

sniisk
07-12-2010, 09:43 AM
My first cards today.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_144.jpg ATART #1 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_143.jpg ATART #2 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_139.jpg ATART #3 TRADED

sniisk
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I used book pages in the first three cards. I don't use much markers and didn't understand to use them too :skeptical:. But there is lot of ink in every card :laugh:.

RobbyGirl
07-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Wonderful cards to start!

Penlowe
07-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm cracking the whip at my children (figuratively, of course) to get their rooms picked up. I still have a couple hours before I can start.

dsign49
07-12-2010, 10:14 AM
The art is just great. Can't wait until I can start. Have to go get my work done so at noon I can start.

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Lovely cards Sanna. Do you want to trade?

Evalila
07-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Great cards so far!

Didn´t get to make anything artsy today. I spent several hours with my MIL shopping and drinking ice coffee :) Don´t know if I´ll be able to do anything today - I´m soooo tired now. After a thunderstorm and some rain it finally "cooled" down from about 100 degrees Fahrenheit to 85 degrees - but still it´s very humid :(

1 Art Lady
07-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Checking in everyone.... All the postings look great so far! I am hoping to get some time this afternoon....

beeps
07-12-2010, 10:38 AM
i'm at work... barf. hope to get some cards done tonight. i will be playing tomorrow, as long as home internet decides to unwonky itself.

dmnh
07-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow~! Pretties already appearing in this thread!

I have a few little books ready to be sewn together so I will have some books to trade sometime during this ATART. I will also be doing some ATCs and possibly a postcard or two and a few chunky pages.

this morning is taken up with errands in town but this afternoon, if I can keep my eyes open, I'll be making some art!

Pochadiva
07-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi: I will sign up but will have to go to work so my volume won't be much. It just sounds so fun.

KESagers
07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Wow you guys! Apparently NJ isn't the only hot spot in the world - we were over 100 degrees with high humidity several days last week and there was big fear that the power grid would fail but it didn't and the AC kept working and now we are back down into the 90's. Sniisk that is just too hot to be without air conditioning! Evalila do you have AC? We are prone to hot and humid summers so most everyone here has AC - it can be too dangerous without it. Ya'll need to come across the pond and craft with me. :)

Time for me to start here! Great art so far everyone!

beeps
07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
KESagers we are on the same heat wave. sadly, i don't have AC. at my apartment, we have a window unit in my best friend's room (got it mostly to keep the cats from cooking) and my sweetie's apartment has nothing. tried to put the window unit in the bedroom... hauled up from basement, cut hand on metal thing on back... got it in the window and realized there was no outlet near the window. OYYYYE!!!

i wanna do some chunky pages. anyone wanna play chunkies with me during ATART? i'm making a "cat and mouse" themed book (cat pages, mouse pages, or cat and mouse pages). i can make you a page for your themed book. i've been doing a lot of handdrawn+mixed media stuff lately but can do handdrawn only if you like that. if you wanna arrange something, PM me :)

until then, i am gonna try to get the first half of this chapter i'm working on written. almost done! about 10-15 pages or so to go and then i can edit/clean up and get it to my "boss"! i like writing but i like making art even more :)

Cheery
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
It is hotter than a...........well, I can't think of anything that's not obscene to say! Trust me!! It is HOT in South Alabama!!!!

It's almost time to get started!!!!!! yay!!!

Love the challenges!

Evalila
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately we don´t have AC, so we´re melting here LOL

KESagers
07-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Oh wow! I hope everyone catches some cool soon! Really wish I could share some AC with y'all. I'm so sorry so many of you are dealing with such draining and dangerous heat.

Guess it goes without saying . . .

WE ARE HOT STUFF!!!!!!!

sniisk
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
We have usually 1-5 this kind of dayn per year here in Finland. Now we have had over 10 during the past few weeks and it's getting hotter and hotter every day. It should be a bit cooler on next Monday or Tuesday.

Today I can stay at home without clothes :D but tomorrow I should wear something because Leneas Paperdreams is coming to make ATCs with me.

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Hurry up and get creating. I want to get some trades under my belt LOL

I'm going to prepare some more backgrounds tonight ready for tomorrow.

beeps
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
i've been doing a lot of work in my underwear and a tank top during this heat. just find something that covers the needed spots. lol. or a swimsuit!

sniisk
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
I have made so many cards but they are just half made at the moment. Maybe after an hour or so I can upload them.

sniisk
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
i've been doing a lot of work in my underwear and a tank top during this heat. just find something that covers the needed spots. lol. or a swimsuit!

I have only my bikinis at the moment. I can't wear more!

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 01:41 PM
It's 72 degrees at the moment and I feel quite chilly so i've got tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt on but a few times i've resorted to working in just my knickers LOL

Cheery
07-12-2010, 01:45 PM
lol!!!

I have so many ideas flowing but my children are keeping me company right now! They're taking all of my things off the table!!!

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
You could tie them up and tell them you are playing cowboys and Indians LOL

Penlowe
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, I'm a) used to the extreme heat living in south Texas nearly all my life and b) it's not as hot here right now, which is bizarre. We've had an unusually cool & wet summer. Of course for us a 'cool' summer is one where it's 90 every day instead of 100...

I made cloth paper about two hours ago, it should be dry enough to start using now :D

Just Ducky
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
what a fashion show is brewing.... you all gonna to show and tell ????
NEED pictures....:jiggy:

weather ? yep HOT.. but a tad better then yesterday....

ART ??? I finally thinking on it... have to check Sanna first post and get a look at the challanges for the week...

I see quite a few gals here right now.... HELLO everyone... going to leave computer and settle in the crafy area and see what I can come up with....

Sanna... glad you are back home, hope your mom is some better...

Penlowe
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM
lol!!!

I have so many ideas flowing but my children are keeping me company right now! They're taking all of my things off the table!!!

Just make a space for them at the table too, let 'em art with you. I admit to stealing my childrens painting to use as background paper....

Tamrantula
07-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey Pen--I didn't figure out how to send a mass PM--I just cut and pasted those names....too tedious to do it that way all the time...so, if you know how to do it...share! LOL

sniisk
07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Sanna... glad you are back home, hope your mom is some better...

I'm back only this week. Then I'll be with my mum again. My father is having vacation now and he will be with mum every day :). Mum is feeling better again but still waiting for to meet her doctor and hear the results.

MorahLaura
07-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm with you Cheery... and I can't let my 22 month old art with me, since he steals things and uses them in inappropriate places (there's still crayon marks on the TV screen I think...). I'll do art when they're in bed tonight!

sniisk
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
there's still crayon marks on the TV screen I think

You just don't understand his modern art :yes:.

GALZART
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Hot here in FL too, but not as bad as a lot of you are getting.
Here's my first contribution. The background is the 'clean-up paper towel' from my last Alcohol Ink attempt. I like the towel better than the AI cards I did.
There's a slight pen line around the edge and a rubber stamped image.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/322/medium/1_ATHON_July.jpg
I received cards in from a swap today and ATCs for Birthday gift and lots of other stuff too. Going to do my thank yous before I create anything more.
At least, I've already reached my 'personal' goal.

melissamyth
07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
slow moving today . . . but I'm finally getting to the art.

thepozbabe
07-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi guys, i'm back from Mum's & she's fine. Still recieving cards from the RAK i posted. You would not believe how happy it makes her to get these gifts thru the mail.
Right, so i didn't do any prep for this, so i am gonna make a start & hopefully i will have at least one creation to upload before midnight. x

sniisk
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_142.jpg ATART #5 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_137.jpg ATART #6 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_116.jpg ATART #7 TRADED

GALZART
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi guys, i'm back from Mum's & she's fine. Still recieving cards from the RAK i posted. You would not believe how happy it makes her to get these gifts thru the mail.
Right, so i didn't do any prep for this, so i am gonna make a start & hopefully i will have at least one creation to upload before midnight. x

Glad she's doing fine. Just out of curiosity...how many cards has she received?

Evalila
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I´ve bought myself a journal book some time ago and thought I could start art journaling today LOL This is my first page, maybe not that artsy, some lettering and doodling, a little collage, but it was fun just to let go and play. I´m working on the second page, the background is already done.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_IMG_0420.jpg first page http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_IMG_0413.jpg background 2nd page

melissamyth
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
how do I always manage to lose the item I want to play with? I cut out some dragonflies at my friends last week, thinking they would be perfect for this. Now they are MIA, although I've found everything else I had when I went there . . .

melissamyth
07-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Evalia: love your art journal. I've also started one. I finished the first page last night. Mine is made digitally and I have a scrapbook album to put the printed out versions in.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_journal_page_1atc.jpg

I'm hoping to work on it, alongside ATCs of course :)

theweavershand
07-12-2010, 02:44 PM
slow start for me today as always. not nearly as prepared for this as i was for the last one so ill need to organize my art table before getting started. hoping i can get some things created. chaos reigns...in my mind...my house...my life...right now. makes it so hard to focus and create.

as for hot. we know all about hot here in central Texas. A/C is a must. you simply cant live here without it, literally. this summer has been a blessing so far though. last summer we broke records and had more than 90 straight days over 100 and no rain. this year...lots of rain and...knock on wood...no 100s yet this year which for us is very uncommon.

ok...off to try to get organized and hopefully get something worth trading made.

dsign49
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Traded48906Here is my first one.

thepozbabe
07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Glad she's doing fine. Just out of curiosity...how many cards has she received?

I can't remember exactly, will count them again. But definitely over 50. She has done really well. And is soooo pleased. x

beeps
07-12-2010, 03:18 PM
i'm done with work for the day. time to go get some art on i think :) my brain isn't working. my writing is on marriage/engagement, and the chapter i'm on is talking about proposals so ti is very cutesy. usually i'm okay but last night i had a dream about an ex... prob the one we would say "got away" or whatever. lol. we were soul mates in an awful way. oh well. i'm still holding out for something like that again. we'll see. good thing there are different ways to love others or i would be single forever.

i'll post some stuff later. it's trivia night... prob do some HD at the bar :) need to finish a quilt block first

Cheery
07-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Cowboys and Indians........hmmmmmmmmm!!! Good idea!!!!!

KESagers
07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Here are my first ones for today:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Sparkle.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Wish.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Joy.jpg
Sparkle-traded, Wish-traded, Joy-traded

Text background from a yard sale book, heat embossed using Red Dragon powder, die-cut colored with black Prisma marker and gold metalic rub-on.

My tip: Often I will pre-cut several die cuts at once and use plain old white card stock. Then when I need an embellishment I can color it with markers whatever color I need. My favorite marker for this is Prisma but any marker will work just fine.

calluna
07-12-2010, 03:31 PM
it is 12 noon west-coast u.s., so i'm ready to play! i have this week off, and it's too hot to go anywhere so i may as well keep working on art. i really should be working on learning the skills of my new career path, but it's also too hot to think! not too hot for a nap, though...that might be the direction today takes...:sleep:

from the posts i'm seeing here and on other arts/crafts sites, it sounds like there's a huge amount of people all around the northern hemisphere doing art semi-nude (out of necessity) this month...which makes me think there should be a skivvy-athon! XD

today i'm experimenting with Translucent Liquid Sculpey for the first time, and playing with the book-page-and-marker challenge. won't likely have anything completed to trade today, but i'll work on it!

alanabannana
07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
love the work everyone is posting so far. I am getting a few other things caught up -will try to do some cards in a few days near the end of the swap probably.

theweavershand
07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
cant wait to see what you do with the liquid sculpey. i use it all the time in clay sculpture. would love to see what else i can do with it. i may not get a lot done today...really need to get my house in order...ugh...

thepozbabe
07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
...really need to get my house in order...ugh...

I have given up on mine.LOLOL

1 Art Lady
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Not organized enough to have blanks done, so I am working on my first ever chunky book pages.... Only thing is I have to wait for the dry time on parts! We'll see, if they get finished today, or tomorrow....

sniisk
07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I think it's shower time here. I can't do anything else than sweat. Why should it be so hot also inside the house...

theweavershand
07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
i have too, Pauline...but im hoping if the house is a little less cluttered then the mind will be too and maybe ill be able to come up with some art

sniisk
07-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Here are some ATCs made by OKWICCAN:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_276_001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_372_001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_374_001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_397_001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_431_001.jpg

sniisk
07-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I listened to the news: this was the HOTTEST day in Finland during the last 76 years... And tomorrow is going to be even hotter... Nice...

thepozbabe
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
i have too, Pauline...but im hoping if the house is a little less cluttered then the mind will be too and maybe ill be able to come up with some art

I have been told by my psychologist friend that it works like that. Uncluttered home = uncluttered mind. Am not sure if i will ever get there tho. On a more positive note though, i have done some backgrounds but probly wont be uploading anything til tomorrow. I'm gonna rename my art, 'Organised Chaos'. LOL. x

dsign49
07-12-2010, 04:51 PM
4 more for me.
48912Traded
At Sunset
Clown
Elizabeth
48915 Traded
Young Lady

chaosatlanta
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Looks like the art-a-thon is off and running. Lovely cards & journal pages!

I'm joining in with the art journaling...
(Journal page - not for trade.)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/small/1_Moleskine_071.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=163798)
Monday Challenge: book page text and marker pen Check

This is a page in my moleskine notebook. Scrapbook papers, French book page, acrylic paints, gel pen and ink markers.
PS. "Je regarde seulement." translates to "I am just looking around."

I still have work to finish today ... but maybe I can play a bit more, tonight.

adifferentstory
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I think it's shower time here. I can't do anything else than sweat. Why should it be so hot also inside the house...

I never think of Finland getting hot.

DreamingFox
07-12-2010, 05:10 PM
slow start for me today as always. not nearly as prepared for this as i was for the last one so ill need to organize my art table before getting started. hoping i can get some things created. chaos reigns...in my mind...my house...my life...right now. makes it so hard to focus and create.

as for hot. we know all about hot here in central Texas. A/C is a must. you simply cant live here without it, literally. this summer has been a blessing so far though. last summer we broke records and had more than 90 straight days over 100 and no rain. this year...lots of rain and...knock on wood...no 100s yet this year which for us is very uncommon.

ok...off to try to get organized and hopefully get something worth trading made.

Yeah, the weathers been odd... We had tornado touchdowns and small earthquakes, and we never used to get any round these parts!

sniisk
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I never think of Finland getting hot.

We have very cold winters and quite often hot summers. We have easily 140F (60C) difference between summer and winter temperatures.

sniisk
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Now I need to say good night. It's over midnight here.

jo.on.the.go
07-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Here are my entries - watercolors picturing Tuscany

Locke
07-12-2010, 05:29 PM
AH! I just found out about this! -fails- I'm trying to beat a game so my boyfriend can have it back So I'll join later :3 So happy there's another one to try.

theweavershand
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
night, Sanna! sending cool, air-conditioned thoughts your way!

DreamingFox
07-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Still no cam, but can do blind Bookmarks and ATCs!!
Handdrawn, Collage, Mixed Media cards. Hand drawing bookmarks atm gluing 2 old 2009 D&D coupons together for bases and have some long cardboard strips.

Forgot Shimama's nose lastnight on my first bookmark(to color it), since it's monday today i wont include it in this.

But let me know, got alot of ideas, and can make any themed cards/bookmarks.

Also trying Plastic Canvas finally! And got alot of needlepoint and beading supplies the otherday!! Neverdone needlepoint, but wonder if i can remember how to make Beadies still. Would be fun todo again, but no Starmie keychains! lol That one patteren was alot of work, and time so i don't think i'll do it again unless i get alot better and much much much faster!

Probably get in beading again after this though.

You can check my mostly traded gallery for an idea of my work too.

And still no fan up here gunna go try calling my friends again and see if their home so i can visit and jump in their pool. (they wouldn't mind but i wont use it when their not there w/o their permission though everyone else pretty much does)

DreamingFox
07-12-2010, 05:34 PM
AH! I just found out about this! -fails- I'm trying to beat a game so my boyfriend can have it back So I'll join later :3 So happy there's another one to try.

Have fun with both! :)

beeps
07-12-2010, 06:13 PM
super cards posted today!! i can't wait until i get dinnner finished up so i can get some stuff started!

i swear, the art in the thons keeps getting better!!

now to work on cooking... don't want to burn the tofu....

KESagers
07-12-2010, 06:18 PM
5 more cards for today's ATART challenge. Text backgrounds, vintage images, die-cuts colored with Prisma markers, edged with black Prisma marker, metal brads and on a few cards background stamping using multiple markers on one stamp.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Sweethearts.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Shorthand-Serve.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Loves-Me-Loves-Me-Not.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Jumping-Rope.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Exquisite-Intimacy.jpg
Sweethearts-traded, Shorthand Serve, Loves Me Loves Me Not-traded, Jumping Rope, Exquisite Intimacy

winterchild
07-12-2010, 06:56 PM
The cards and art are all just wonderful.... and I must share with you..... I woke this morning to a minus 12 degree frost.... thats about 10 degress Fahrenheit.... the [pond was completely frozen..... and white magic spells everywhere... I love it :)

theweavershand
07-12-2010, 07:21 PM
sounds like heaven!

dsign49
07-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Keep warm winterchild

dsign49
07-12-2010, 07:25 PM
4 more. Then I need to do some cleaning if I want to do some stamping tomorrow
48926 Fan Traded
48927 Music
48928Snakes (Don't know if it has snakes but it looked like it)
48929Under the Stars

theweavershand
07-12-2010, 07:26 PM
ill take trying to stay warm over trying to stay cool any day!

Cheery
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2641/small/1_art_003__640x614_.jpg

I don't know if this will work, but we'll see!

Cheery
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Yay!!!

littlekittenlost
07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
cheery that's awesome! is it for trade?

winterchild
07-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Love it Cheery :) and yeah I agree Amy... gimme the cold any day!

beeps
07-12-2010, 08:10 PM
what we need to do is mix all our temps together... then everyone will be perfectly warm/cool!

i have two chunkies drying. gonna make loteria cards at the bar/trivia tonight. yes! will see if i can find the camera to post pics of the chunkies in progress

melissamyth
07-12-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart3.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart4.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart2.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart1.jpg

Here are mine for the day and challenge. The flowers are on swedish text covered with alcohol inks. The flowers were drawn petal by petal on a separate piece then cut and glued. The centers are eyelets.

The dragonfly is scrapbooking papers, the remnants of a dragonfly cutout, an eyelet, and lion fur yarn.

Probably the only ATCs for the day. I still need to journal.

Cheery
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Thank you bobby and littlekitten- it is for trade!!!!

I would take cold too.

Just Ducky
07-12-2010, 09:09 PM
sure looks like we got a MARAthon underway... seeing some neat stuff already.

I can't believe I turned the air off last nite... started out kinda nice EARly this morning but now ???? #$%### the heat index is up again... not a breath of air.. and how long now till we can complain about SNOW and really cold ????

glad there was a challange suggested ... I couldn't think of anything on my own...
so words and marker... great idea... I be back short for show and tell....
took awhile for reading backwards to catch up with you guys...

Patti
07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi all. Catching up on this thread at last. It's already 9 PM of day one of ArtAThon and I haven't even done one thing. But the thon will last a few days and perhaps I can do some yet.

I have bunches of backgrounds made up and for some reason, whenever I go to create I usually start with a plain blank and never think to use any of those teriffic backgrounds. It's almost like I'm hoarding them for something special, and WHAT'S more special than ART anyway?

The weather here has been in the high 90s, but we're used to it and lately we've had cooler temps than you guys up north.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try making some art to post. I haven't been doing much art lately, especially the last month when I developed inflamation on the retnias of my eyes. Doc called it UVitis. It has affected my vision and I'm needed two pairs of glasses PLUS a heavy duty magnifier to work on anything - especially the computer. I think it's beginning to get a LITTLE better, but if it doesn't improve in a few more weeks it might mean cateract surgery. Doc hesitates to do that because I have only one good eye and if the surgery should go wrong, I could be blind and we don't want that. So, if you'd say a little prayer that my vision improves and even gets back to normal soon, I'd sure appreciate it.

KESagers
07-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Patti - keeping you in my prayers. I hope it continues to heal all on it's own and you don't need the surgery.

ineedtocreate
07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Patti, you're definitely in my prayers, too.

1 Art Lady
07-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Cherry, Love the page! Iowa farm girl.... My first ever pages are in the drying phase at the moment.... Maybe in the am I can scan!

Just Ducky
07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Patti... we all in your corner gal... and yes, hope healing without the surgery works out for you... and Florida... where did I get the idea you a California gal ???

so I moved to a different room now and other computer... still hot here tho... getting nice outside finally... wonder how I can drag this big ol desktop out on the porch for the night..

Just Ducky
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM
CARDS ... keep forgetting why I am here... I got cards for show and tell...
tried the Monday challange... using book pages and markers... that was fun...
the #1 card I forgot to use a marker on.... bummer.. but it's stamped..

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_words_1-1.jpg .... # 1 ( TRADED )

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_words_2-2.jpg .... # 2 (TRADED )

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_words_3.jpg ... # 3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_words_4.jpg ... # 4

Cheery
07-12-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2641/large/1_art_009__640x568_.jpg

Here is a birdie! Everyone's work is so pretty!!!!! I love everything!!!

Cheery
07-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Patti, you're in my prayers.

KESagers
07-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Got side-tracked tonight by a storm that blipped our power and had to play with a few new die cutters. Didn't get any more cards made but I'll be back at it tomorrow. Night everyone!

Just Ducky
07-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Nite gal... and hoping you can get a nice pleasant rain tomorrow... ME too...

HHC
07-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi all! I hope to have a bit of time tomorrow to play.

I just got back from an Oregon (USA) meetup of about 15 of AFA folks who gathered to meet and play. A couple of us had a 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive, some just a couple of hours. It was a great time and I'm inspired to continue playing. :)

okwiccan
07-12-2010, 11:31 PM
hey everyone, great art being posted. i put up some new work in my gallery. please take a peek. waiting for trading.

Just Ducky
07-12-2010, 11:35 PM
HI Helen... and I bet you pooped but happy camper... what a fun weekend you gals had
down with RobbyGirl... BUT.. we do expect some art from you tomorrow...:rolleyes:

and hi Okwiccan my gal Sue... sending message rite now... great stuff you showing in your gallery...

theweavershand
07-12-2010, 11:50 PM
praying for you, Patti! Cheery that page is awesome! I've accomplished nothing today but I've still got an hour. Went and played Bunco tonight with the group I started 9 years ago. I havent been in months...long story. great fun! lots of laughs which i really needed.

beeps
07-13-2010, 12:10 AM
time for bed. will finish up (need to ink) 7 cards, scan 2 that are done and finish up my 2 chunkies. then i will be ready for round two!

Just Ducky
07-13-2010, 01:03 AM
OK... I am posting these CARDS... for OKwiccan.....Please check OKWICCAN gallery for correct card number...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_276_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_372_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_374_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_397_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_431_001.jpg

Just Ducky
07-13-2010, 01:11 AM
cards by..... OKwiccan.... I am just posting them for her..
check the gallery of OKwiccan for correct card name or number....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_436_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_388_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_120_001.jpg [IMG] /IMG]

Just Ducky
07-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Cards are by OKwiccan.... I am just posting these for her...
Please contact OKwiccan and check her galley for card name or number...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_462_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_463_001.jpg

sniisk
07-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Good morning (or night) everyone :).

So many new cards when I was sleeping. Or trying to sleep. It is still terrible hot here.

Just Ducky
07-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Hello Sanna... and morning my friend... heat is everywhere I think... except for our
Austrailian and New Zealand gals...

you have a good day today... my bed time now.. hope to catch with you later today..

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Wonderful art to wake up to.

Hope over here today Sanna it's been raining and it's 57 degrees and feels freezing. I need to put the heating on.

sniisk
07-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Lynne, could you send the rain here?

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Well it's not much but blowing it your way now.

Evalila
07-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Good morning - or good night!

It has finally cooled down over night- yay! And we´re expecting "only" 27° Celsius, that´s about 80 degrees Fahrenheit today.

Pochadiva
07-13-2010, 02:13 AM
I forced myself to stay up late and put together some pieces. Here they are:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5547/small/1_Iron_butterfly17.jpgIron Butterfly(17)http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5547/small/1_master_of_his_domain.jpgMaster of His Domainhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5547/small/1_A_Meal.jpgA Meal?(traded)http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5547/large/1_wizard_hunting.jpgWizard Huntinghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5547/large/1_turtlesaurusrex.jpgTurtlesaurusrexhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5547/small/1_nesting.jpgNestinghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5547/large/1_look_what_I_found.jpgLook What I Foundhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5547/small/1_He_noticed.jpgHe Noticed

calluna
07-13-2010, 02:46 AM
good morning to those of you starting your day; mine's at its end so i wish the rest of you good night! :)

theweavershand
07-13-2010, 02:50 AM
heading to bed too. hoping to get some art done and posted tomorrow. blessings to you all!

sniisk
07-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Good night calluna and theweavershand!

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 03:59 AM
Love your ATC's Pochadiva.

Goodnight to those going to bed and good morning to those who have woken.

Evalila
07-13-2010, 04:26 AM
These are some charms I made last night/early this morning. They´re for adifferentstory´s charm swap.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_IMG_0423.jpg not available

And this is my temporary workspace while it´s so hot outside:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_IMG_0427.jpg

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 05:28 AM
They are lovely Evelyn and very uniques.

I wish I had the energy to move my stuff out to under the patio but i'd probably have a heart attack trying LOL

okwiccan
07-13-2010, 05:44 AM
here, in oklahoma, it has been raining but that only makes the humidity higher which makes the heat index higher. we can get 106 F but a heat index of 15 degrees higher & that is in the shade. & we do not cool down that much at night. if you do not have air conditioning cities have cooling stations open. public places where you can go spend the day. now that ladies is hot.

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Ok i'm never moving to Oaklahoma LOL

Well i'm no natural stamper but this is ridiculous. I have spend 3hrs trying to stamp some images. Out of the numerous stamped images i've done I have 2 I can use. There is still room to wreck those when finishing them off LOL At least i've tried. Now I know why I never join any stamping swaps LOL

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Ok i'm never moving to Oaklahoma LOL

Well i'm no natural stamper but this is ridiculous. I have spend 3hrs trying to stamp some images. Out of the numerous stamped images i've done I have 2 I can use. There is still room to wreck those when finishing them off LOL At least i've tried. Now I know why I never join any stamping swaps LOL

Leneas Paperdreams
07-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Helloooo...Here I am visiting Sniisk!:)It is also soo hot here,so I am not sure do I get anything done:D...Soon we will order pizza!

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 06:42 AM
Have fun

KESagers
07-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Yum! Pizza Party!!!!!

GALZART
07-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Good Morning.
My "medium of choice"
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/322/small/1_Texture__3.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/322/small/1_Texture__2.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/322/small/1_Texture__1.jpg

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Those are beautiful Gail.

sniisk
07-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I have many new cards but I'll upload them in the evening.

beeps
07-13-2010, 09:10 AM
goodmorning/afternoon! i just got the sweetie out the door to work... now i can play!! :)

i think it rained... it is cooler at least. i'll see how long this last. it feels like it might storm a bit. it is currently 77F (index: 79F) with 80% humidity. yeah, sounds like rain is coming!

i have some cards to put finishing touches on. will be back shortly with SCANS!! i'm excited! :)

beeps
07-13-2010, 09:35 AM
i'm back!!

first, my chunky pages. they aren't trimmed up yet and don't have dangles yet but you get the idea from the pics. if you prefer NO dangles or dangles let me know in your request. i won't dangle them until they trade. i would like to trade for CHUNKIES - pref. cat themed or other animals -

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/baypuppy/chunkiesATART.jpg
"Deadline" and "little girl" TRADED

next, a couple ATC i did at the bar last night. the lighting was bad and when i got home i was like, wow, these look better in the light! lol. color pencils.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/baypuppy/ATC1atart.jpg
"two fish" and "black cat" TRADED

last, i went and had fun doing loteria cards. OMG SO FUN. i put info in the pic if you want to know more. will trade for loteria OR ATCs. color pencil, watercolor wash, stamp, sharpie

TRADED from this set: 1 (rooster) 8 (bottles) 28 (watermelon)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/baypuppy/loteriaATART.jpg

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Great chunky pages and atc's beeps

Cheery
07-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Great pages and charms!!

I wish I was hanging out with you sniisk!!!!

beeps
07-13-2010, 10:36 AM
it would be fun to have a THON where we all hung out. it would be a CRAZY PARTY!!

i'm off to do some stamped cards. i got a cute "woodland creatures" kind of set... and i have flocking powder!! OMG MIGHT BE AWESOME!!

Linda4atc
07-13-2010, 11:02 AM
LOL Hi everyone. I am just arriving. I need to go look at the last 8 pages! I love the charms chunkies and atc's I see on this page. Hmmmm black cat chunkie... One of my kittens is black, do I want to start a CAT chunkie book?

I need to work on my PAT cards and journal pages. But I do have gear diecuts (blanks) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=162628&page=1#comment232494) that I can trade. I also have lots of paper, book pages, music sheets, hymn book pages, tissue paper, and some fibers if anyone wants a trade lets talk.

Cheery
07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2641/large/1_art_006__640x480_.jpg

Here are some stamped birdies!

I am so sad- but I actually have to go do some work. I will be back tonight!! I hope everyone has a great day.

dsign49
07-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Here is a Chunky I made for Kristin if she wants it.

sniisk
07-13-2010, 11:22 AM
So many lovely and beautiful ATCs and other art here!

Our pizza party is over and now I have to continue creating alone :(. But it was so nice to meet you Leena :).

Linda4atc
07-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I guess I can't post old stuff here but I have stuff available in my gallery including 4 rolos which I just posted again in the rolo thread.

beeps
07-13-2010, 11:29 AM
i want some pizza... humm....

my "woodland animals" are coming along. couldn't find my flocking but found some glitter. hope i can wash it off. weather is still holding in the 70s AND it is overcast! yes! i have to walk to a meeting later so at least i won't be sweaty when i get there. lol.

back to work!

KESagers
07-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Here is a Chunky I made for Kristin if she wants it.

Love it! Thank you!:D

1 Art Lady
07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Morning everyone.... I hated to let everyone know that we got a little relief here yesterday form the extreme heat... upper 70's and lovely.... short lived however as it's right back up there and going higher the farther we get into the week. Maybe that break will continue to the east and give everyone else a break. Here is my first ever chunky page/(semi journal page). It is french newspaper text, gel medium, gesso, stamps, watercolor pencil, oil pastel and markers. The back is collaged tissue and stamping. I think that I managed to get the first three days of challenges all into one page! LOL! Marker pen with book page text, stamping and winged things. :) Off to work on a few more....
Oh I forgot, the dangles can be attached or not.... Just didn't put them on for the scan.

KESagers
07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Much needed rain storm this morning. Several bad power blips but I'm here - have iced coffee in hand and I'm off to my craft cave to do some stamping.

adifferentstory
07-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Lovely art i'm seeing this afternoon.

I've had a terrible day. First the stamped image fiasco. Then the two that were any good I ruined finishing them off. I've had phone call after phone call. Not been able to keep up with my gallery and forgot to put two in traded and someone wanted them. It's up to date now. The kettle blew up on me. Spent ages looking for the spare one. Then spent the last hour in agony with cramp. Now i've just about had enough of today LOL I don't thik i'll attempt anymore ATC's today.

dsign49
07-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Lynn do take care. Tomorrow will be better

okwiccan
07-13-2010, 12:11 PM
hi everyone, such great stuff being posted. i put 5 new cards in my gallery. head over & take a look. & i am headed for bed. my meds have finally kicked in. blessings to all of you. this is so much fun. see you soon.

sniisk
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I have been stamping all the day. Here are some of my ready ATCs.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_L1.jpg for Leena TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_156.jpg ATART #10 TRADED

sniisk
07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
And some more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_154.jpg ATART #12 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_152.jpg ATART #13 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_150.jpg ATART #14 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_149.jpg ATART #15 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_148.jpg ATART #16 TRADED

Leneas Paperdreams
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
It was also nice to meet you Sniisk:)Thank you for inviting me!
So I am home now,I DID take a cold shower and now I am testing how long will I stay cool.
I dont think for long...
I will try to finish my cards to this A-thon tomorrow and then post them here!
Right now I think my head is all softend for this evening,oh what a journey it was back
home!

Evalila
07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I finally managed to finish my first atcs - for the Black and White Swap, so they´re not available :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_BW009.jpg

KESagers
07-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Here are my first 2 for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Maid-O-The-Mist.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Lock-and-Key.jpg
Maid O The Mist-traded, Lock and Key

GALZART
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Those are beautiful Gail.

Thank you! I posted them early this morning...as my sister took me out for lunch for my birthday (tomorrow)...and I bought myself an "arty" BD gift too.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/322/small/1_BD_Pendant.jpg

Now, it's back to the studio.

lunamoth
07-13-2010, 02:12 PM
I've read a few pages of this thread to catch up...wow what wonderful fun art is being posted. I did a few stamped cards late last night/wee early morning and another today. Now must do some "chores". Hope to do more art later. Here's what I've done so far.

dsign49
07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Here are some Loteria Cards.
48996 Kind of messed up with my melon. Looks like a watermelon.

beeps
07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
cool cards jill - are you going to join the swap also? there are several spots left :)

i think there is a melon AND watermelon cards. i love that the deck has such RANDOM stuff in it!! like ladders and bottles and mermaids!

1 Art Lady
07-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Here is the second page of text usage, etc. chunky. Dangles to be attached later.

dsign49
07-13-2010, 02:42 PM
How much time until the swap ends. I'll have to check it out.

cool cards jill - are you going to join the swap also? there are several spots left :)

i think there is a melon AND watermelon cards. i love that the deck has such RANDOM stuff in it!! like ladders and bottles and mermaids!

theweavershand
07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
are you altering existing loteria cards or creating your own?

dsign49
07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I created my own.

sniisk
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Here are more cards from OKWICCAN:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_465_001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_466_001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_467_001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_468_001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1319/small/1_469_001.jpg

KESagers
07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
My original printed backgrounds overstamped and collaged with vintage images. I think these cards are a little darker in real life than they are in this scan.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Circus-Girl.jpg
Circus Girl-traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Skyline-Flowers.jpg
Skyline Flowers
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Fly-Free.jpg
Fly Free-traded

sniisk
07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
It's again so late here and I slep just five hours last night. It's better go to sleep soon.

KESagers
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I hope you sleep better tonight and it's cooler tomorrow.

HHC
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Good night Sniisk!

theweavershand
07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
night, Sanna! sleep well...cool dreams!

jo.on.the.go
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I have been practicing cats again. Cats #1-3 (ATART 4-6)

beeps
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
jo those cats are CUTE!! are they ATC size or chunky pages or ?? they look square to me

loteria decks have 54 cards, each numbered and with a "item" or person on it. so, card 1 is the roster card. some people make alternative decks on other themes (such as fashion). i know the swap that is going on you can do traditional deck in your own creative style or you can be creative and make up your own cards.

dsign49
07-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Three stamped cards.
49011Mice
49012Sister Traded
49013Sleeping Under the Flowers

jo.on.the.go
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
The cat cards are regular ATC size, not square. My scanner sometimes does a little editing on its own so that cards don't look quite rectangular.

beeps
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
thanks! they are very cute kitties. my scanner at home does that, as does the office one. the one at home i can figure out how to "fix" it and the office one has "fancy software" that is a pain to correct, if i can remember how. these computers are not very bright sometimes.

KESagers
07-13-2010, 05:51 PM
3 more for today's challenge. Wallpaper background stamped with StazOn ink, vintage image, quote and embellishments.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Keller.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Roosevelt.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Thoreau.jpg
Keller-traded, Roosevelt, Thoreau-traded

melissamyth
07-13-2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart5.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart6.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart7.jpg

I got to play with my friends huge stamp collection :)

melissamyth
07-13-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart8.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart9.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_atart10.jpg

and some more

MorahLaura
07-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Such pretty cards being made!

Here's my one non-swap card so far... the scanner wasn't crazy about the bead in the corner.

Linda4atc
07-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Kristin I love that Kitty/Keller card!

Well I have been busy today. I did something kind of fun. For the PAT group I'm in we picked a theme and a color for our cards. I decided to make two cards for each member to choose from. So I have made 2 purple hair/wigs, 2 purple pidgeons, and 2 purple dogs and a purple prarie dog as a joke. Three of these cards are going for the PAT but the extras will be available for trade.

If anyone sees one they like drop me a pm and if it becaomes and available card I'll let you know.... I still have Pink Poodles to do after I upload the Pidgeons...

bluesybreeze
07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Well, here is my one contribution to the marathon and the day's challenge LOL. I have been working really hard to get caught up on some cards that I was behind on...I have three more to go, but I couldn't resist doing at least one. I do love marathons. This one has a stamped dragonfly and a drawn one.

KESagers
07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks Linda!

Just had supper - gonna go see if I have any more cards in me tonight.:D

Just Ducky
07-13-2010, 08:45 PM
well it didn't help me to read back and do all my catching up... saw several cards I need to check on.... but... now I forget WHO and WHERE... so I get to read backwards again...

some really nice cards you gals do while I slept away the night and twiddled away the afternoon...

and I hear we got a BIRTHDAY girl tomorrow... maybe even a couple..????

ok... I be back with show and tell.... gotta go find some gals first... afraid everything is gone by now...:(

beeps
07-13-2010, 08:58 PM
no worries ducky - the US east coasters are still mostly here.... i wonder where west coast is? maybe popping in later?

i have some done that i'm waiting to dry. i FINALLY got things in my gallery

lunamoth
07-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Sat down to do a card and this silly party cat is the result.
Available.

Cheery
07-13-2010, 09:22 PM
I LOVE that silly party cat!!!

I had a bad day at work- why do some people have to be so hateful??? I don't even feel like making anything. I am certainly not CHEERY tonight.

KESagers
07-13-2010, 09:23 PM
3 more - vinatage collage:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_A-Day-in-Paris.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Bouquet-of-Happiness.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Advertise-Here.jpg
A Day in Paris-traded, Bouquet of Happiness, Advertise Here!

KESagers
07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I had a bad day at work- why do some people have to be so hateful??? I don't even feel like making anything. I am certainly not CHEERY tonight.

I'm so sorry today was so rough. I hope hanging out with us makes your day better.:D

Cheery
07-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Thank you! Looking at your pretty stuff does make me feel better!!!

beeps
07-13-2010, 09:47 PM
cheery - those days happen. hopefully tomorrow will be better :0)

i just uploaded my new stuff for tonight. i think that is it - the muse is running low on fuel. i just got my first round in my gallery also... hit me up if you wanna trade

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5860/large/1_lot2__1__-_Copy.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5860/small/1_lot2__2__-_Copy.JPG
swan is traded

lunamoth
07-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Cheery....silly party cat says 'I'm sorry you had a bad day. Look at cards, feel better and have joy. Meow."

beeps
07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
lunamoth your PM box is full - thought i would let you know :) you won't get any new messages until you delete some (you can only have 100 in there) i emailed you

calluna
07-13-2010, 09:54 PM
no worries ducky - the US east coasters are still mostly here.... i wonder where west coast is? maybe popping in later?

west coast here! :cute: i can't be the only one...how strange to be representing an entire time zone--it might make my head get too big!

still working on the same 2 chunkies i was working on yesterday! i'm a slooow-moving mammal.

Cheery
07-13-2010, 09:57 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2641/large/1_art_008__640x537_.jpg

ok, art made me feel better!

beeps
07-13-2010, 09:59 PM
yay!! is that with the gum wrappers?

Tamrantula
07-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey fellow West Coaster!

I don't think I will be getting anything done today--worked last night and will be working tonight--but I WILL be representing our coast later in the week! I am off tomorrow night and the next night, so will have some time to play!
I might take something to work to play with if there is time!

KESagers
07-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Love the little birdie on the tree!

Tam - looking forward to you joining us in this marathon madness!

beeps
07-13-2010, 10:05 PM
i'm getting off the computer. it is quality time with the sweetums.

good night all! have fun!

Just Ducky
07-13-2010, 10:14 PM
see Cheery.... Art heals all.... forget the job... fun times are at hand rite NOW...:jiggy:

Tammy... ya gotta play some this week... after all it's gonna be your Birthday... yea, it might be a day after our shut off date, but we can still celebrate early...

and BEEPS... we just gotta have a get-together this week... at least One trade....

Cheery
07-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Art does make everything better!!!

Just Ducky
07-13-2010, 10:55 PM
I tried stamping today... bad idea... lots of oh, $@#& ... so back to collage...
did these Oriental... the images on these cards came from a Artist Stamp booklet. name of the painting and artist is on back of my atc...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/2_oriental_1.jpg ....Orienatal # 1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/2_oriental_2.jpg ....Oriental # 2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/2_oriental_3.jpg ... Oriental # 3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/2_oriental_4.jpg ... Oriental # 4

melissamyth
07-13-2010, 11:03 PM
my internet keeps going out . . . so annoying . . .

bluesybreeze
07-13-2010, 11:18 PM
So...offically caught up with the backlog of cards. Woo-hoo! Of course, tomorrow I'll be behind again :eek: I did one more stampy thingy before I'm gonna have to crash. Hopefully, I'll be able to get up all bright-eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow and get to PLAY!!!

Arkansas in the Rear-view Mirror

KESagers
07-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Noodled around tonight - didn't actually make any more cards but I have some ideas for tomorrow - winged things. :idea: Have a good night everyone!

Just Ducky
07-13-2010, 11:59 PM
kinda quiet nite.... Brenda and Kristin we all gonna be bright eyed and bushie tailed in the morning... (hope hope ) and that's right.. tomorrow ...winged things..... hope I can do better with wings then I did with stamps...

so nite nite ya all.... and happy Wednesday comin...

anyone see Winterchild ...today ??? hope she hasn't froze out on us...

Just Ducky
07-14-2010, 12:01 AM
and Hello Sanna... I know the finland gals are about due... well in couple hours.
hope you got a good nite sleep.... oh and yes, I have your black and gold card in your pile... will get with you tomorrow/later today....

theweavershand
07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
night, Nancy! hopefully ill actually be around more tomorrow and get something done to post.

Linda4atc
07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
49049 49051 49054

Guess who I thought of when I saw these babies on Saturday?

melissamyth
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4674/1_journal_page2blog_copy.jpg

A journal page for my digital art journal.

tomorrow I have to work from early afternoon till 11, but I'll try. I love winged things to not participate in that challenge!

Just Ducky
07-14-2010, 12:46 AM
ahhhh ...haaaa.... linda... you saw baby ducky's ???? ain't they cute ????
and you thought I had left for the night... well I still here... but gone now..
so cute to see the babies...

nite, for real this time.... over and out out out....

and Yes Melissa... you can do winged anytime doesn't have to be for the daily challange..

Theresagram
07-14-2010, 12:55 AM
I want to play! I might be able to squeeze in some time on Thursday.

It hasn't been too hot here yet....only 110 degrees here today! :jiggy: Cooler than usual. But it's going to get hotter....almost 3 more months left of our summer.

lunamoth
07-14-2010, 12:58 AM
checked in before bedtime...cheery-nice bird in tree...just ducky-love the orientals

adifferentstory
07-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Wonderful art to wake up to ladies.

I still have a few cards left from Monday in my gallery if anyone wants to trade? Let's see what I can come up with today after yesterdays disaster LOL