Let your muse run wild!
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
BOO! Black Silhouette Halloween Swap

Swap Due Date - 29 September, 2010
Signup/withdraw date - 16th August, 2010
Number of cards - 3 for 3

Hi all! This is my first host and one of my favorite subjects is Halloween.
The method for doing this swap will be to hand-paint or hand-draw Halloween images in BLACK SILHOUETTE forms only. The background can be any color you want and can even be collaged or any type medium you prefer.
Black silhouettes are really fun and not too complicated. It's a challenge for anyone who has not tried this style before. I know you will enjoy the results. One exception here - you can do papercut silhouettes BUT THEY MUST BE BLACK!
I would love to see some vintage styles and some very spooky ones too. Go ahead and do some classics like black cats, witches, jack-o-lanterns, skellys, owls, ravens and bats. But, don't feel limited to those....I'd love to see some weird zombies, monsters, swamp things, dark gnomes, graveyards and just let your mind go wild with this subject. The main rule here is just make them look like black silhouette figures.
I'll post some samples here so you get a general idea of what I am looking for.

Please no heavy or bulky embellishments. Do put your username, real name and place of origin on the back of each card and PLEASE PUT your cards into individual plastic sleeves.

USA players please send SASE (.44 or .61 cents if heavier) with username printed on back of both envelopes.
International players (3 only) - I will take care of the return postage and envelope.

Please note: Any cards that do not fit the theme or arrive late will be returned.
If you have any questions please PM me. A hostess gift-card is never mandatory but
a secret surprise is always quite fun.

When you are ready to send me your cards just PM me for my addy.
WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR RETURNS PLEASE LEAVE REP POINTS FOR ATCs AND THE ITRADERS FOR THE HOSTESS!

CHECK OUT THESE HELFULL LINKS:
HOW TO PACK AND MAIL YOUR ATCs: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909
HOW TO OF ARTIST TRADING CARDS: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050

Now...who wants to get spooky???

1. Akunzel-received
2. 13Firedancer-received
3. Leneas Paperdreams-1st Intl. cards received
4. Pennyquilter-received
5. SMikell-received
6. 3katz-2nd Intl.-cards received
7. miss-received #4
8. Mymy-3rd Intl.-received#3
9. Evalila-pd Intl.-received #2
10.Mrubyjean-received
11.Chaosatlanta---cards received-1
12. snowcherry-received

crisbear - withdrew 9/5
WAITING LIST: Josette

Last edited:
Nifty! I'll have to see what my schedule allows, lurking for the moment.

FYI, you don't have to count yourself as one of the 12 participants ;)

Boo!-Black Halloween silhouette swap

Sure---you can..I would love to see this method tried-go for it girl!

Leneas Paperdreams and Skyjules, so glad to have you both join in here.
Can't wait to see your creations.

I cant resist this one, what a fantastic theme - would you sign me up please?

I am an international but can send you $1 for postage no problem

Welcome--You are all signed up now.
SMikell
3katz-2nd Intl.
miss
Mymy-3rd Intl
Thank you for joining in on my first swap host and I am so happy to have you all here.
I know you will all create some wonderful art. Can't wait to see your designs!:jiggy:

Back
Top Bottom