PDA

View Full Version : FLORIDA MEMBERS..SIGN IN PLEASE

GALZART
08-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I have had several Florida members ask me if I knew of any Live Trades in Florida.

So, please...if you live in Florida, sign in and let us know where you live and if you know of any Live Trades.
Thank you
Gail

1. GALZART - Beverly Hills
2. schaefme - Satellite Beach
3. poeticpaper - Fleming Island
4. prop chick - Orlando
5. suzyq - Nokomis
6. Chamele - Gainsville area
7. Nancy - Mulberry (Lakeland)
8. gingerblue-Naples-Marco Island
9. ICraft - Bradenton
10. kani73 - Jacksonville
11. novasmem - Fleming Island
12. ZenMama - Jacksonville
13. KellyC - Ocala
14. Catey - Port St. Joe
15. tekamarie - Spring Hill
16. Spirit Soul - Gainsville Area
17. Crystallized - Port Richey
18. LilacDragon - Orange Park
19. FloridaFour - Palm Harbor
20. shadOcat - Kissimmee
21. stephiedee - Tallahassee
22. maggiebloom - Deerfield Beach - "Snowbird" (Jan.-March)
23. NanWatkins - St. Petersburg
24. pennyminnie - Plant City
25. kstyles - Jacksonville
26. dellamarie - Pinellas Park
27. Ibis - Coral Springs
28. NeonDementia - Lakeland
29. 4drumbabes - St. Augustine
30. Penji - Pinellas Park
31. camprose - Sebring
32. Caterina Lionti - Jacksonville Beach
33. I.R.Stamper - Inverness
34. BethBristow - Gainsville (Hawthorne)
35. velcrodog - North of Tampa
36. arts4all - Bradenton
37. kattb55 - Deland
38. inkyfingers - Tampa
39. Oohlala65 - Tampa
40. Eggmontekey - Cocoa
41. tascarini - Seneca Falls, NY (daughter in Tampa)
42. Jeanermoonpie - Ft. Myers
43. dorothygilmore - Pensacola
44. TainoWoman - Central Fl., North Orlando
45. shibooyapl - Orlando, South Downtown
46. Alex909 - Miramar (South Florida)
47. rodmariee -- West Palm Beach
48. Bluesky -- Miami
49. Findingjoy -- Jacksonville
50. Tobylee -- Largo
51. kr904 -- Jacksonville
52. kathleenlovesflorida -- Land O Lakes
53. Clarinell -- Pinellas Park
54. Bluevioletz -- Orlando area
55. dbughall -- Plant City
56. heidiwineland -- Lakeland
57. Tallygal -- Tallahassee
58. CrazyOrphelia -- Hollywood (now living in Amsterdam)
59. Firefly -- Coral Springs/Ft. Lauderdale
60. Scaritt -- St. Petersburg
61. Britex -- Ruskin
62. Carol -- Wildwood
63. JazzEars -- Ft. Lauderdale

schaefme
08-11-2010, 03:21 PM
i'm in gorgeous Satellite Beach, FL. (go Air Force!) willing to travel for live swaps.

poeticpaper
08-11-2010, 03:54 PM
*raises hand* I'm here, I'm here (Boynton Beach, FL) which is nestled in between West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale - Southeast FL.

Am working on getting an ATC ehibition ready within the next year. Will put out an open call for International entries.

Perhaps we can work out a live trade session for after the exhibition...

prop chick
08-11-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm in Orlando, close to Disney. I'd love to do a live trade, because nobody will let me into the group trades here. :( (My collage pieces don't seem to translate well online, lol.)

GALZART
08-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Thank You all for signing in.

suzyq
08-12-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm here in Lake Wales - sort of between Tampa and Orlando. Don't know how live trades work, but would love to find out!

GALZART
08-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm here in Lake Wales - sort of between Tampa and Orlando. Don't know how live trades work, but would love to find out!

I really don't know anything about them either, but since several people have asked me if I knew of any in FL, I just thought I'd compile a list of the FL members. Anyone can take this information on the location of everyone and set up a trade. Thank you for signing in.

Chamele
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm just north of Gainesville, and getting together would be awesome

Let's brainstorm and see if we can make something happen :)
Thanks Galzart for starting up this great thread!

GALZART
08-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Too bad FL is such a long state..we're pretty well scattered. I know of quite a few more people...hope we can get them to sign in.

Nancy
08-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I am in Mulberry, which actually abuts Lakeland and on the I-4 corrider about 45 minutes from both Orlando and Tampa. I have never found anyone here that has even heard of ATCS..I have check at several Art Galleries and even they are oblivious to our wonderful
little works of art.

GALZART
08-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I am in Mulberry, which actually abuts Lakeland and on the I-4 corrider about 45 minutes from both Orlando and Tampa. I have never found anyone here that has even heard of ATCS..I have check at several Art Galleries and even they are oblivious to our wonderful
little works of art.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for signing in. There is a stamping and scrapbook store near me (Lecanto) and she's moving to Crystal River. Other than that...no one around here knows what an ATC is. There is also a Scrapbooking shop in Ocala that knows.
Sorry I didn't get to see you this year on Dianne's hectic shopping spree. Maybe we can meet up in May when she comes for another shopping trip.

poeticpaper
08-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Nancy, same thing here: no one has heard of them. So, I'm spreading the word and bringing my ATC-filled binder collections out and about with me.

I'm soon going to hold an ATC exhibit here in S. Florida, too.

But, I actually like having our "secret" society!

We're Special!

GALZART
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I know there are more FL people here on AFA....I have a list!
This list is just for information regarding possible Live Trades...we aren't going to dump a lot of PMs or EMs on you.
Please sign in.

gingerblue
08-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm Chel, in Naples/Marco Island area.

GALZART
08-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm Chel, in Naples/Marco Island area.

Thank you for signing in.

ICraft
08-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks for doing this - I live in Bradenton, Fl

Interestingly I met 2 women at Michaels in Sarasota (next city south of Bradenton)we were just chit-chatting and one of them asked if I scrapbooked - I said yes and I make cards but what I'm really into is Artist Trading Cards - but I can't find anyone around here who does them - guess what? They are active in a group and get together and craft and swap - they were doing a swap on Sunday night that had gotten so big they had to change locations - 50 people -WHAT? I tried to get an invite or some more info but I got the impression they are just players - not coordinators. I did give them my email and name and told them if there was ever an "open" swap or ATC "crop" - I don't even know what they'd call it - I would be very interested. She inquired how I currently trade and I told her all online - I didn't specifically say AFA not for any reason - probably because I always think of this as the ONLY ATC site. heehee Because I love it so much.

GALZART
08-16-2010, 03:51 PM
ICraft, Thank you for signing in. I hope they get in touch with you eventually. That's the first I've ever heard of any gatherings down here....but there must be more.
There is a group here at a local Scrapbooking store (12 of them). They are all given a theme and they have to make 12 duplicate cards to trade with each other. They are nice cards, but mainly "scrapbook" type cards. Nothing wrong with that, a friend of mine is in the group and her cards are beautiful (I have five of them). Too bad they don't trade outside the group.

schaefme
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
there are NO scrapbook stores here in the melbourne area; they have all closed. I thought I could at least start with one and see if anyone was doing atcs in the area. there's a stamping group at the library but the lady who runs it is going back to work and really didn't sound interested in ATCs.

Given all that, I am certainly willing to travel to Orlando, Miami, jacksonville or Tampa/St pete (sorry panhandlers...the drive is just too far for me) if anyone would want to get together to work on ATCs together and/or trade.

GALZART
08-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Well, the list is growing, but I know there are still a bunch of FL AFAers who haven't signed in... If you run across any in your trades...point them toward this site.

I'm marking everyone on a map...it seems there are a few people within your 'driving area'.

ICraft
08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I know what you mean schafme - all but one scrapbook store in our area closed down too - it's such a shame because you can get such awesome and unusual items from specialty shops. Last year I was in the Ft. Myers & Cape Coral area and they have numerous stamping and scrapbook stores - all flourishing - they all carry different types of items and they seem to co-op - giving out business cards for each others stores and recommending the different shops for certain items - it's awesome. It's great that they do so well because there are also 2 ACMoore's and I believe a Michaels - talk about craft heaven.

GALZART
08-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I know there are more Florida residents here...sign in please..Thank you.

GALZART
08-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Welcome to AFA!...and thank you for signing in.

prop chick
08-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Slightly OT -- Do any of you do art books/journals? I'm working on the plans for a community book fair here in Orlando, in November, and I'd love to include a display of book-related/book-based art. If you're up for it, I'm thinking of including a talk or class. Sales would also absolutely be allowed. If anybody's interested, please send me a message!

If none of my fellow Floridians are into that, I would also love to include tables of book-related arts & crafts, like bookmarks, tote bags, etc.

Also, we're just starting to think of an art show in the spring. I'll share details as soon as we nail some down!

ArtsyLady
09-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey all...just found this thread today...

I'm from Fleming Island...

just about 30 minutes from Jacksonville...Kani and I could be neighbors and not even know it...
Trying to spread the word about this wonderful site..and our extended Atcsforall family...introduced it to my brothers new girlfriend...but she lives in Mass...

GALZART
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Hey all...just found this thread today...

I'm from Fleming Island...

just about 30 minutes from Jacksonville...Kani and I could be neighbors and not even know it...
Trying to spread the word about this wonderful site..and our extended Atcsforall family...introduced it to my brothers new girlfriend...but she lives in Mass...

Thank you for signing in. Looks like two of you could probably get together.
Hope you're not going to get any of this storm...probably high winds at least. My cousin lives in New Smyrna Beach and this time of year is always 'iffy' for her.

GALZART
09-03-2010, 10:59 AM
So far just some winds and 10 foot waves at the beach. We usually don't get too much from hurricane season here in Jax. Every now and then. They hit mostly south of us and to the north.

Glad to hear...I haven't seen a report yet this morning. I don't know where it is right now...guess it's past NC now. I have a friend about 100 miles inland in NC...hope it doesn't extend that far.

GALZART
09-13-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm in Jacksonville!

Thank you for signing in....Well, that's two in Jacksonville!

KellyC
09-25-2010, 05:04 PM
I live in Ocala, Florida. I have not been to any live trading sessions, I am pretty new to the ATC thing, but I would love to go to one of these, but I can only stay in the Ocala area because of transportation limitations. :(

GALZART
09-25-2010, 06:55 PM
I live in Ocala, Florida. I have not been to any live trading sessions, I am pretty new to the ATC thing, but I would love to go to one of these, but I can only stay in the Ocala area because of transportation limitations. :(

Thank you for logging in.
I know what you mean about transportation limitations. I do get to Ocala once in a while though. That's my big trip to go to Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's and Priceless Scrapbooks....and sometimes Red Swan Art Supplies.

Catey
01-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Hello! I'm in Port St. Joe, FL (a small town on the panhandle). I mainly do watercolor pencil, marker and pen and ink. I'm willing to travel a little for trading and I have to go to Sarasota about once a year.

GALZART
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Hello! I'm in Port St. Joe, FL (a small town on the panhandle). I mainly do watercolor pencil, marker and pen and ink. I'm willing to travel a little for trading and I have to go to Sarasota about once a year.

Thank you for signing in. I'll add you to the list.

tekamarie
01-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Hello my name is Teka and I live in Spring Hill, FL.

tekamarie
01-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Is anyone participating in the Tampa Bay Scrapbook Treasure Hunt? It is amazing! this is where I first heard of Artist trading cards. I do have info on my blog regarding it, but you can Google it too! Maybe a great way to trade with people too!

GALZART
01-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Hello my name is Teka and I live in Spring Hill, FL.

Thank you for signing in...I'll add you to the list.

Spirit Soul
01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Hello, I'm Terry and I live in the Gainesville area.

GALZART
01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Hello, I'm Terry and I live in the Gainesville area.

Welcome Terry...I'll add you to the list.

GALZART
03-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Hello everyone :)
I'm Crystal from Port Richey

Thank you for signing in...adding you to the list.

LilacDragn
07-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Wow....last post over a year ago? :) Add me to the list please. Orange Park FL.

GALZART
07-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Wow....last post over a year ago? :) Add me to the list please. Orange Park FL.

Thank you for signing in.
I think there have been quite a few more in the past year who haven't signed in.
I'll have to do better in keeping this Thread in view.

GALZART
07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Has anyone heard of an upcoming Live Trade in the Tampa area???
If so, please post information here.
Thank You.

poeticpaper
07-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Galzart, I am no longer in Boynton Beach. I have moved to Fleming Island, if you want to update the list. :)

My mom and I may start a live trade here in the Fleming Island/Orange Park/Jacksonville area...I'll keep the thread posted as that develops.

GALZART
07-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Galzart, I am no longer in Boynton Beach. I have moved to Fleming Island, if you want to update the list. :)

My mom and I may start a live trade here in the Fleming Island/Orange Park/Jacksonville area...I'll keep the thread posted as that develops.

Thank you...updated

GALZART
07-23-2012, 10:54 AM
I think we have some 'newbies' from Florida. I hope you'll sign in.

GALZART
08-06-2012, 07:38 PM
FloridaFour- Thank you for signing...the list has been updated.

GALZART
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Signing in from Kissimmee!

Shad0

Thank you for signing in...list has be up-dated.

stephiedee
08-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Hey y'all, I'm Steph - newbie here, signing in from Tallahassee. I've got close ties to the Tampa Bay Area, too (born and raised there, parents still live there, we visit them often).

GALZART
08-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Hey y'all, I'm Steph - newbie here, signing in from Tallahassee. I've got close ties to the Tampa Bay Area, too (born and raised there, parents still live there, we visit them often).

Thank you for signing in....the list has been updated.

maggiebloom
09-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Does a "Snowbird" Floridian count??? We are in Deerfield Beach (between Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach) for 3 months(Jan-March) and I'd love to meet fellow ATCers.If anything is going on PLEASE let me know! Thanx!

GALZART
09-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Hello Ladies!!

Does a "Snowbird" Floridian count??? We are in Deerfield Beach (between Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach) for 3 months(Jan-March) and I'd love to meet fellow ATCers.If anything is going on PLEASE let me know! Thanx!

Thank you for signing in. Of Course "Snowbirds" count. Snowbirds are a huge portion of the FL population. I'm updating the list now. Glad to see you here.

NanWatkins
11-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi I'm new here. Interested in swaps and willing to travel from treasure island, barrier island next to st Pete.

GALZART
11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi I'm new here. Interested in swaps and willing to travel from treasure island, barrier island next to st Pete.

Thank you for signing in...List has been updated.

GALZART
02-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Have you tried at Scraporium in Tampa? Sometimes Tweety Jill has them there.

I'm in Plant City, Florida :0)

Thank You for signing in. I've updated the list.

kstyles
03-12-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm in Jacksonville !

GALZART
03-12-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm in Jacksonville !

Thank you for signing in....list has been updated.

GALZART
03-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Thank you for checking in. List has been updated.

GALZART
05-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Ibis Arrastia
checking in from Coral Springs, FL

Thank you for checking in. List has been updated.

GALZART
06-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Im in Lakeland Florida! I just discovered these cards and I'm very excited to get to trade them and meet new artists! Im willing to travel to trade.

Thank you for signing in...List has been updated.

GALZART
06-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Hi there! I'm here in the oldest city, St Augustine! Looks many of you aren't very far me either:)

Welcome and Thank you for signing in.

GALZART
06-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi my name is Shandra and I just moved to Pinellas Park FL. I'm still learning this site (just joined today) and hope to be able to trade with people!

Hello and Welcome. Thank you for signing in.

List has been updated for 4drumbabes and Penji.

camprose
07-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Hi,I am in Sebring south of I4 in central Florida. I happen to have traded with several AFA members in the state. This site has been wonderful and I am so inspired by all the amazing and diverse artwork! Thanks spirit soul for sending me here.
Cathie

GALZART
07-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Hi,I am in Sebring south of I4 in central Florida. I happen to have traded with several AFA members in the state. This site has been wonderful and I am so inspired by all the amazing and diverse artwork! Thanks spirit soul for sending me here.
Cathie

Hi, and Welcome! Thank You for signing in. List has been updated.

Spirit Soul
07-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Calling all Floridians! If any of you are ever interested in doing a live trade and some workshops or sharing of skills, I have a location for us. I teach some classes at a craft shop called Cootie Coo Creations in High Springs (about 15 miles north of Gainesville and about 10 minutes off I95). The owner is a friend and would be happy to host us in her shop (filled with amazing ATC goodies!!!). She has a work space for about 12 people. I'm thinking if there is interest, perhaps we could meet sometime in September. Traders from other states have regular get-togethers, like ARTzona, etc. and we could do that here too.

In addition, Cootie Coo Creations will be hosting an affordable art retreat from October 10 - 14, called Cootie Coo Craziness. Many, many classes will be offered, along with free make & takes, evening dinners with craft activities, etc. etc. etc. I will be teaching an ATC class, a mixed media class, metal tape journal covers and more. Sarah Whitmire (who is a wonderful published artist, art journalist) will also be teaching classes there for the retreat. Here are some websites for more info -- or more will be posted later:

www.cootiecoocreations.com
On Facebook -- Cootie Coo Creations

Sarah Whitmire: www.souljournaling.com
sarahwhitmire.blogspot.com

GALZART
07-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Thank You for posting this. I hope some our Floridians will be able to attend.

Spirit Soul
07-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Forgot to mention that if she did host us for a meet-up, it would be at no charge.

suzyq
07-19-2013, 02:57 PM
I would love to be part of a get together. Unfortunately I still work full time for the school system and High Springs is about 3 and a half hour trip for me one way. I'll check back with you after Dec. 2014 when I hope to be retired. I have been to High Springs - camped at Oleno two different spring breaks - very nice little town.

GALZART
07-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Thank you for checking in. You have been added to the list.

Spirit Soul
08-04-2013, 07:50 PM
OK, Floridians, I have sent all of you an email to see if we can have a get-together.
Here are the details but times and schedule can be adjusted:

When: Sept. 21, Saturday
Where: Cootie Coo Creations, 280 NE 1st Ave., High Springs, FL 32643
Tel.: (386) 454-8008
What: 11am - 1 pm Creating time -- Sharing techniques, tips, products, or more organized "classes".

1pm - 2 pm Lunch and trading time (There are places for lunch nearby or the shop owner has offered to cater in the shop.)

2 pm - 4pm More creating time for those who wish, followed by more trading.

I'd be happy to do a metal tape ATC class, Dylusions ink, or oil pastel and ink technique if anyone is interested. If you have a skill or technique you'd like to share, let us know!

Thank you! I hope we can make this work.
Terry

camprose
08-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Great idea and sounds like a perfect location. Normally I'd be the first to sign up but we are swamped with my son's wedding this fall.Thanks for doing the planning and I will look for next one!

GALZART
08-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Thank you for setting this up. I hope a lot of the FL members are able to attend. Unfortunately, it's not possible for me. I'll be thinking of all of you having a great time.

poeticpaper
08-05-2013, 09:20 AM
At the moment, my schedule is clear and it looks like I may be able to attend. It would be about 1.5 hours drive for me, but if anyone wants to carpool from Jax, I can take a couple people with me.

I'll check with my mom, ArtsyLady, to see if she'd like to join us, too. That would leave me able to bring two other people along.

Spirit Soul
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Sounds great!! I hope a few others can make it and we can start a regular trading event.

I.R.Stamper
08-20-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm a new member here at AFA, and I'm also from FL. Inverness, over on the west central coast (Citrus County). Nice to see so many other Floridians here!

GALZART
08-20-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm a new member here at AFA, and I'm also from FL. Inverness, over on the west central coast (Citrus County). Nice to see so many other Floridians here!

Thank you for signing in...List has been updated. We're practically neighbors.

I.R.Stamper
08-21-2013, 09:08 PM
:D Our oldest boy lives in Beverly Hills (Pine Ridge)! Small world, huh?

GALZART
08-21-2013, 10:03 PM
My sister lives in Pine Ridge too.

Spirit Soul
09-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi again, Floridians,
I just wanted to let you all know that we are going to attempt our first mid-Florida live trade on Saturday, Sept. 21. I only had a couple of people respond but we hope a few local ATC artists will also come. It would be a start and will gradually go. Please contact me if you have questions or would like to come for all or part of the day or would like to share a technique. We'll go with the original schedule as outlined in the above post:

What: 11am - 1 pm Creating time -- Sharing techniques, tips, products, or more organized "classes".

1pm - 2 pm Lunch and trading time (Lunch on your own or bring a bag lunch. Snacks and drinks provided.)

Hope to see some of you there!

Terry

GALZART
09-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Hi again, Floridians,
I just wanted to let you all know that we are going to attempt our first mid-Florida live trade on Saturday, Sept. 21. I only had a couple of people respond but we hope a few local ATC artists will also come. It would be a start and will gradually go. Please contact me if you have questions or would like to come for all or part of the day or would like to share a technique. We'll go with the original schedule as outlined in the above post:

1pm - 2 pm Lunch and trading time (Lunch on your own or bring a bag lunch. Snacks and drinks provided.)

Hope to see some of you there!

Terry

Thank You for setting up this event...sorry I'm not closer.

I.R.Stamper
09-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Oh, me too, Galzart. Now I'm almost sad I moved from Archer! lol Almost... ;)

GALZART
09-08-2013, 09:10 AM
HELLO AN WELCOME TO AFA!...Thank you for signing in...list has been updated.

stephiedee
09-08-2013, 07:25 PM
I MAY be coming to the meetup (I don't know...I'm shy :unsure: ). Would it be OK if my boyfriend and daughter accompanied me? They are both interested in art (and my daughter is 15 so she can behave, lol). Also, are we encouraged to bring some of our own supplies? I work mostly in collage, and I was thinking of bringing a stash of paper goodies with me...kind of like a pot luck to share with others.

Spirit Soul
09-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi, Stephiedee,
Don't be shy! It'll just be a few of us and is guarateed to be fun, fun, fun! Bring whomever you like. They are welcome to play along, plus High Springs is full of antique stores, quaint shops, etc. and some cold water springs for swimming are just a few miles away. I was planning on some stash sharing too.

GALZART
09-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Sounds like fun! I hope all FL members who possibly can go, do sign up. Have fun ladies!

poeticpaper
09-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Steph, I hope to see you there!

I, too, will be bringing a stash of paper goodies. Will also be bringing my Gelli plate to play with!

See you on Saturday, Florida peeps!

poeticpaper
09-17-2013, 11:58 AM
SpiritSoul, uh-oh, you said the word...antique stores...my mom and I might have to hang around longer than I thought!

Thought about bring my daughter, also, but then my Mother-in-law booked a trip to Florida, visiting from PA, so my dd is going to stay home with her grandma.

I would have just stayed home and not gone since my mother-in-law is here, but my mom and I are really looking forward to it, so I'm still coming!

GALZART
09-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Sounds like you're all going to have a great day! I hope you'll post photos of the group and the projects you work on.
Have a Super Day!

stephiedee
09-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Just came back from the live trade. I had a great time with you all and can't wait for another event! Cootie Coo Creations is an awesome little store. Thanks again Terry for setting this up!

Spirit Soul
09-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Yes, we had a fun time. Stephiedee, Poeticpaper, and Artsy Lady came from afar and we had 2 other locals besides myself. With significant others and daughters, we had a pretty good crowd. Of course, we were so caught up in creating, we forgot to take pictures! We explored metal tape, gelli plate printing, transfers and Citra Solv paper altering. AND we made some wonderful trades!!

We all agreed that meeting 2 or 3 times per year would be a great idea. Stay tuned for another meet up -- maybe in January after the holidays....

GALZART
09-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Thank you for reporting on your get together. I'm glad you all had a fantastic time.

I.R.Stamper
09-22-2013, 09:36 PM
I second that, I was so bummed that I couldn't go. So nice to hear that y'all had fun! Maybe the next time more of us can make it. :)

velcrodog
10-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi, I'm Cathy and I live just north of Tampa. I go to 2 ATC swap clubs. In both you have to make a number of identical or similar cards then everyone gets one. One is at Scraporium in Lutz (just barely north of Tampa), and the other is at Scraps of Art in Seminole (near Clearwater).

ICraft, this is about 45 minutes away or a little longer, but we are a great group in Lutz. The one in Seminole needs tinkering with. I just drop my cards off there and get what I get.

GALZART
10-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi, I'm Cathy and I live just north of Tampa. I go to 2 ATC swap clubs. In both you have to make a number of identical or similar cards then everyone gets one. One is at Scraporium in Lutz (just barely north of Tampa), and the other is at Scraps of Art in Seminole (near Clearwater).

ICraft, this is about 45 minutes away or a little longer, but we are a great group in Lutz. The one in Seminole needs tinkering with. I just drop my cards off there and get what I get.

Thank you for signing in...list has been updated.

GALZART
10-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi, I'm arts4all in Bradenton - see one other Bradenton person - ICraft - do I know you?

HELLO AND WELCOME TO AFA!....Thank you for signing in. The list has been updated.

I.R.Stamper
10-03-2013, 07:28 PM
lol I used to live in Bradenton, too, moved north back in '02. Glad to see you here, arts! Y'all will have to try to get a southern FL meet going! :)

GALZART
10-13-2013, 12:37 AM
DeLand, Florida

Would love to know of some ATC swaps in or near my area!:cat:

HELLO AND WELCOME TO AFA!
Thank you for signing in. List has been updated.

I.R.Stamper
10-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Welcome katt. I'm on the other side of the state from you, in Citrus Co...but the great thing about this site is that you're never more than a stamp or two away from a great swap! ;)

Spirit Soul
12-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi, Floridians,
We are planning another get-together for Florida traders in High Springs. Our last one was so much fun that we thought that beginning a twice-a-year tradition would be super. We can meet Sat., Feb. 1st, at Cootie Coo Creations, a rubberstamp/craft store.
Here are the details:

When: Saturday, Feb. 1st

Tel.: (386) 454-8008 -- www.cootiecoocreations.com

1pm - 2 pm Lunch and trading time (There are places for lunch nearby or you can bring a bag lunch.)

If you plan on coming, please let me know by PM so we can plan to have enough work space. I got some fantastic trades last time, so I'd better start making more cards now!

GALZART
12-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Thank you for posting this. I'm glad you are able to arrange some get-togethers for the FL members of AFA.

velcrodog
12-22-2013, 05:47 PM
There are 2 ATC clubs in the Tampa Bay area that I know of.

Scraporium, in Lutz, just north of Tampa has a group of about 20. Meetings monthly, cost $10, refreshments provided. Each month there is a theme and you make 20 identical (not me, similar but not the same) cards to bring with you and trade with everyone.

Scraps of Art in Seminole, just south of Clearwater has a group of 8 to 10. Mandatory technique each month, again you make 10 identical (not me! similar but not the same) cards to bring with you and they are given to the "host" and she trades them out. Donation of $5 no refreshments.

I am going to this meet up on Feb. 1st in High Springs. I am from Land O Lakes area, just north of Tampa. It is about a 2 hour drive for me. I live just off I-75 near the northern apex of I-75 and I-275. I may be bringing a couple friends but I do drive a mini-van so there is plenty of room if anyone wants to car-pool from that point north to save on gas money. I would be able to pick them up from the on/off ramp (meaning a McDonalds or gas station... not door to door service- then it would be a 4 hour drive for me!). So, just pm me to reserve your spot.

If there is anyone in the Tampa Bay area that would be interested in a get-together around here, let me know. I have connections and we could all meet in Tampa Bay for a swap like this one also. Again, just pm me if there is any interest.

Spirit Soul
01-07-2014, 11:42 AM
REMINDER!! Feb. 1st, Saturday, is the live swap/meet-up in High Springs. See the above post for the info. So far, we have representatives from Tallahassee and Tampa coming, as well as us in Alachua.
Stay tuned to see what sort of techniques we will share.
Hope to see more of you!!!

GALZART
01-07-2014, 01:24 PM
REMINDER!! Feb. 1st, Saturday, is the live swap/meet-up in High Springs. See the above post for the info. So far, we have representatives from Tallahassee and Tampa coming, as well as us in Alachua.
Stay tuned to see what sort of techniques we will share.
Hope to see more of you!!!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

inkyfingers
01-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi from Tampa!

GALZART
01-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Hi from Tampa!

Thank You for signing in...List has been updated.

GALZART
03-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Thank you for signing in here...going to update the list now. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy some Live Trading Sessions in your area.

velcrodog
03-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Just want to let Floridians know that I will be teaching a Pysanky class at Scraps of Art in Seminole, Florida (close to Clearwater) On Saturday, April 5th from about 1pm till about 4pm. Cost of the class is, I think $28, and most people do about 4 to 6 eggs. Call them and reserve a spot, must pay with credit card if you call on the phone.

this is their website with all the contact info....

http://www.scrapsofart.com/

They are also having a "garage sale" from 9am till 12noon prior.

GALZART
03-30-2014, 03:05 PM
I hope a lot of our Florida members will be able to attend.
Have a great day

Eggmontekey
04-27-2014, 01:02 AM
I'm in Cocoa ,Florida.I am new to ATC and have really enjoyed painting and drawing on them .I hope to make more trades,I just love the idea of sharing art.

GALZART
04-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Thank you for signing in on the Florida Member's List.

tascarini
05-08-2014, 09:25 AM
I don't live there but my daughter lives in Tampa... I can always visit if it's a time I can get off work. Please keep me informed.

GALZART
05-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Thank you for checking in. I have added you to the list.
Please subscribe to this Thread to keep up on any happenings.
Is your daughter on AFA?

Eggmontekey
06-15-2014, 05:43 AM
Just getting into Gelli plate ,I really wish there was someone in my area to print with.It is the first time I felt a craft should be done with someone. I like your Gelli prints Galzart .

GALZART
06-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Just getting into Gelli plate ,I really wish there was someone in my area to print with.It is the first time I felt a craft should be done with someone. I like your Gelli prints Galzart .

Thank You. I just got the two new sizes: 3x5 and 5x7. I'm going to have to really concentrate and use a lot less paint than I do on the larger plates.
I'm glad you ventured into Gelli printing. Just grab a friend and show them what you're doing. I guarantee they'll have their hands in it. Just show them how they can make "quick art" to make a custom gift card.

I have a friend who comes down to visit every year. Last year I showed her how to do it then handed her the brayer and told her to "have fun" and I went and sat down and watched. It's so addicting and she painted quite a stack of prints to take home. She now has her own Gelli plate....and she'll be back in November for another session.

But, if you have to work alone, you'll find it relaxing too. I do. I like to go out in the evening and just get messy and make a stack of prints.

GALZART
07-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Ft.Myers Florida SWFL :)

HELLO AND WELCOME! Thank You For Signing In. List is Updated.

Spirit Soul
08-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi,Floridians,
Just letting you know of an art retreat event in High Springs, Florida again. Oct. 9 - 13 and there is a wide variety of mixed media classes. Check www.cootiecoocreations.com or Sharon Kantor on Facebook for a schedule. There are a few of us that do ATCs there -- perhaps if anyone is coming we could schedule a time for a live trade. A couple of Florida artists featured in Somerset will be teaching too.
Hope to meet some of you there and do some trading!

GALZART
08-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Thank you for keeping everyone informed.

dorothygilmore
09-14-2014, 10:19 PM
I live in Pensacola, FL

GALZART
09-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Thank you, I have added you to the list.

TainoWoman
11-06-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm in Central Florida- North Orlando. :) I'd welcome live trade or just a creative get-together to make and share stuff...

Just a thought.

GALZART
11-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Thank You for signing in. The list has been updated.

Bluesky
02-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Hello! I am way down south in Miami.

Findingjoy
02-10-2015, 01:48 AM
Jacksonville here!

GALZART
02-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Thank you for signing in, shibooyapl, list has been updated.

GALZART
04-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Thank you for signing in -- list has been updated.

GALZART
04-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Thank you for signing in...adding you to the list.

GALZART
04-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Bluesky and Findingjoy -- Added both of you to the list. You signed in while I was in the hospital...am finally catching up. Welcome to the group.

Bluesky
04-20-2015, 08:16 AM
Hope all is good with your health now!

GALZART
04-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Hope all is good with your health now!

Thank you....I still have a long way to go and lots of therapy, but it sure is good to be home and back on AFA to see what everyone is doing.

tascarini
04-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Do you have an annual gathering somewhere in FL ? I have been to a ny one and Texas . My daughter lives in land o lakes and am thinking about visiting her next year. I would love to arrange the timing so that I could get together and trade and make art with fellow atcers

GALZART
04-21-2015, 11:24 PM
No, there is not an annual gathering. This is just a list for anyone who wants to organize a
'live' trading get together or any type of meeting. When you visit your daughter, you could contact anyone on the list who is near by and set up such a meeting.

GALZART
09-09-2015, 08:47 AM
I live in Largo and am willing to trade live and get a cup of coffe!. I better get busy and build up a stash! ��.

Thank you for checking in, Tobylee...adding you to the list.

kr904
09-24-2015, 07:33 PM
I live in Jacksonville. I see quite a few Jacksonville listings. Once I figure this site out maybe I'll manage to contact some.

GALZART
09-25-2015, 06:46 AM
kr904, thank you for signing in...adding you to the list.

dorothygilmore
10-04-2015, 09:52 PM
This thread has been open for 5 years and no one has organized a live trade?? :shocked:

GALZART
10-05-2015, 11:47 AM
This thread has been open for 5 years and no one has organized a live trade?? :shocked:

I set up the thread so anyone who wanted to do a live trade or get together on a 1/1 basis could do so. I think there have been a few mini 'meet ups'. Anyone is free to use the information to set up a live trade.
I met up with one of the ladies a few years ago when a friend was visiting me. We happened to be going to a Quilt Shop in the town where the lady lived so managed to meet up there for a short visit.

dorothygilmore
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Gotcha! I had meant a large one, but I see the point (:

GALZART
10-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Gotcha! I had meant a large one, but I see the point (:

I guess there's no interest, but the thread is still available....for, whatever:jiggy:

kathleenlovesflorida
10-21-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm in Land O Lakes, Florida, getting ready to relocate to St. Augustine, Florida

GALZART
10-21-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm in Land O Lakes, Florida, getting ready to relocate to St. Augustine, Florida

Hello and welcome to AFA. Thank you for signing in to the Florida list....upgrading list now.

Clarinell
02-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Clarinell- Pinellas Park

GALZART
02-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Clarinell- Pinellas Park

Thank you for signing in...updating the list now.

kathleenlovesflorida
02-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Land O Lakes, Florida here, moving to St. Augustine this spring

GALZART
02-03-2016, 12:39 AM
Land O Lakes, Florida here, moving to St. Augustine this spring

Thank you for signing in...updating list now.

Bluevioletz
03-13-2016, 08:20 PM
Bluevioletz in Orlando, FL (specifically West of downtown in Oakland which is between Winter Garden & Clermont)

GALZART
03-13-2016, 10:33 PM
Bluevioletz in Orlando, FL (specifically West of downtown in Oakland which is between Winter Garden & Clermont)

Thank you for signing in...updating the list now.
Enjoy yourself here and you may find a member in your area.

kathleenlovesflorida
03-17-2016, 02:43 AM
kathleenlovesflorida in Land O Lakes, FL, relocating to St. Augustine, Florida the end of April.

GALZART
03-17-2016, 07:53 AM
kathleenlovesflorida in Land O Lakes, FL, relocating to St. Augustine, Florida the end of April.

Thank you for the info...list has been updated.

GALZART
03-17-2016, 10:56 PM
Plant City, Fl

Thank you for signing in...upgrading the list now.

heidiwineland
08-22-2016, 08:22 AM
I just moved last week. Since I make part of my living through art I will be looking for outlets to teach and sell my work.

GALZART
08-22-2016, 01:25 PM
Thank you for checking in...updating the list.

kathleenlovesflorida
08-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Kathleenlovesflorida - Land O Lakes, FL

GALZART
08-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Thank you.....updating list.

Tallygal
10-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Tallygal. I am in Tallahassee, new to this group.

GALZART
10-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Tallygal. I am in Tallahassee, new to this group.

Hello and Welcome! Thank you for signing in. I'm updating the list now.

kathleenlovesflorida
10-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Land O Lakes, FL here

kathleenlovesflorida
11-15-2016, 12:28 AM
Greetings from the lovely town of Land O Lakes, FL

suzyq
11-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Effective December 1st I will be located in Nokomis, FL - near Venice, a little south of Sarasota. YEA!!

GALZART
11-18-2016, 03:12 PM
That's for the update...Will update list.

CrazyOrphelia
04-09-2017, 04:18 AM
Native South Floridian, living and trading live in Amsterdam!
Born Miami Beach, residence in Hollywood
COxxx

GALZART
04-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Native South Floridian, living and trading live in Amsterdam!
Born Miami Beach, residence in Hollywood
COxxx

Thank you for signing in...list has been updated.

Firefly
11-26-2017, 12:17 AM
I'm in Coral Springs which is in Ft Lauderdale. Would love to know what a Live Trade and would be willing to get together with anyone close by to make ATCS or whatever. Drop me a PM if interested.

GALZART
11-26-2017, 10:20 AM
Firefly....Thank you for signing in. I'm adding you to the list and hope you can find others in your area for a get together.

Scaritt
11-26-2017, 09:09 PM
Hi I am a brand new member and saw that Florida people were supposed to check in.. so I am checking in from St. Petersburg Florida!

GALZART
11-26-2017, 11:19 PM
Hi Scaritt....Thank you for checking in. This list is simply for all the Florida people who might like to find others in their area for live trades or anyone can use the list to set up a 'all Florida' get together.
Hope you enjoy AFA. I'm updating the list in the first post and I'm sure there are others listed in your area.

suzyq
11-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Moved about a year ago from Lake Wales to Nokomis, FL, if you want to update me on your list. It's a bit south of Sarasota and Venice is right up the road.

GALZART
11-27-2017, 10:13 PM
Thank you, suzyq, will update the list.

Britex
04-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Ex-pat Brit here now living in Ruskin in beautiful Florida. Iím a newbie to ATCS, anxious to learn, swap, meet fellow makers.
Free to travel and am often in Tallahassee too.
Thanks for the invite to join.

Gina

GALZART
04-10-2018, 07:42 AM
Britex....thank you for signing in....you have been added to the list.

Carol
05-13-2018, 09:53 PM
Carol - Wildwood

GALZART
05-13-2018, 10:31 PM
Carol - Wildwood

Hello and Welcome to AFA...you are on the Florida list...hope you find some traders in your 'neighborhood'

JazzEars
05-15-2018, 02:47 PM
Newbie here. Everything Scrapbooking and Stamps in Lake Worth Florida has a monthly live swap. It's a great local store and when I am up that way (I live in Fort Lauderdale) I always try to leave them some money :)

GALZART
05-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Newbie here. Everything Scrapbooking and Stamps in Lake Worth Florida has a monthly live swap. It's a great local store and when I am up that way (I live in Fort Lauderdale) I always try to leave them some money :)

Thank you for signing in.....updating the list now.