PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend Found Poetry A Thon Sep 3-6th

Pages : [1] 2

RobbyGirl
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
OFFICIAL THREAD

It's a Labor Day Weekend Found Poetry-a-thon

Sep. 3-Sep. 6 Hosted by RobbyGirl.

Start time (in your time zone) 12:00am on Friday Sep 3rd, 2010. (Because I'm never patient enough to start at noon like the other a-thons...LOL
End time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm Monday, Sep 6th, 2010

Post your cards to the thread and the gallery as you create them. You can trade them or just share them with the group, whatever your inclination.
EVERYONE is welcome to come play/visit.

What Is Found Poetry? To create a “Found” poem, begin with a page of text. This can be a page in a book, an advertisement, brochure, flyer, or anything that’s written text.

Read through the page you will be working from (must be something you are willing to cut up) and choose words to create your poem or offbeat verse. If you’ve ever played with a magnetic poetry set then you get the concept!
After you’ve chosen your words, cut them out and with your best attempt at keeping them grammatically correct (you can steal letters from other words if you need to add endings such as “s”, “es” or “ing.”)

After you’ve assembled your poem you will collage it to the ATC card you are creating. The card can be collaged, hand drawn, painted, digital or Mixed Media just so long as your found poem is collaged onto the art. Some people like to create their art first then find the words and some prefer to “write” the poem then create the art to accompany it.

Another fun form of Found Poetry is Blackout Poetry. Choose a paragraph to work from that will fit your ATC then black out (paint over) the words you won’t be using to create your poem. Below are some examples of both types of found poetry.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions in the thread we will do our best to answer them. Have fun, this is low pressure; we aren’t looking for Robert Frost here!

How to create found poetry (http://www.ehow.com/how_2173270_write-found-poem.html)

AmyFaerie wrote a great article on Found Poetry in Art Trader Magazine no. 9

Special Weekend Theme Challenges (Completely Optional themes to get you going if you feel stuck.)
FRIDAY - Love, Romance, Endearing
SATURDAY-Noir or Dark Poetry (Not for ever body but fun for those of us that collect it!) Not everyone has or likes a dark side so as an alternative for those that don't care for this theme/ Halloween Themes on the cheeky side!
SUNDAY- Celebrate the art of poetry with Iambic Pentameter (http://shakespeare.about.com/od/shakespeareslanguage/a/i_pentameter.htm), Haiku (http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Haiku-Poem), or Rhyming Poems

Important: Little Words don't like to stay glued on. It's really helpful if you Topcoat/Seal you work upon completion!

RobbyGirl
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
HHC has graciously "lent" us the following info, too!

JUST WHAT IS THIS ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.
HOW IT WORKS: During the prescribed time of play (your own time zone) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Monday, May 31st you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like. Also you can post any pieces that aren’t dry at the prescribed time as long as they were completed within the time frame. If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm RobbyGirl, or post your questions to the thread.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery: It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_SAT_Autumn_Redwing.jpg[/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large or letters s m l in the address and change it to size you want.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

HHC
09-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Gotta work some, but I'll be here part of the time!

Bright-Spark
09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm hoping to be there at some point too!

theweavershand
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
cant wait to get started!

andyaly
09-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Yay, I hope I have time to do some this weekend!:laugh:

calluna
09-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Since I'm so slow, I'm already getting started, in hopes of finishing something over the weekend! :spinny:

lkastello
09-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Friday will be my chance to play!

sniisk
09-02-2010, 01:37 AM
I will be here most of the weekend. Hope I can create something.

winterchild
09-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Just been looking for pages of words :)

winterchild
09-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Oh and I love the themes/challenges you have chosen!!!!

Gina-B
09-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Fingers crossed I'll manage something! I'm looking forward to trying!

jaw
09-02-2010, 10:43 AM
will peek in ... but will be occupied most of the weekend ... Hope to make something!

ginabee
09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Gathering my stuff to play!

RobbyGirl
09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
This will be a good warm up for me. I'm teaching a Found Poetry class in October. If you trade with me during the a-thon, please let me know if I may use your work as an example to show my students.

Cat's Cradle
09-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Looking through the pages of text that I've already ripped out, and then I need to pore over the other available books!

KESagers
09-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Looking forward to this. RobbyGirl you can use my stuff as an example.:yes:

RobbyGirl
09-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I added this note above:

Important: Little Words don't like to stay glued on. It's really helpful if you Topcoat/Seal you work upon completion!

sniisk
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I have 3 mm wide double side tape. It's perfect for this use :).

Cat's Cradle
09-02-2010, 03:26 PM
This will be a good warm up for me. I'm teaching a Found Poetry class in October. If you trade with me during the a-thon, please let me know if I may use your work as an example to show my students.

If I can manage to get any done and trade with you, you may most certainly use my work!

winterchild
09-02-2010, 05:44 PM
My weekend is pretty full but I will try and play in the bits when I can and can play on Monday for sure!!! I want to do the challenges :)

Just Ducky
09-02-2010, 10:00 PM
this ain't good... went yesterday to thrift store to load up on a few books for "my words"
and now I am spending my time reading the books.. I start to look for Found Poetry and next thing I am still reading the story... for got to look for words...:confused:
I now have 3 books that I am half way through reading.. and no WORds... this is not good...

dsign49
09-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Oh Ducky you always seem to have a problem:laugh:

ginabee
09-02-2010, 10:26 PM
LOL Ducky, I'd do the same thing.

KESagers
09-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Me too - I can't just look for words - I have to skim the whole article to know what I'm cutting up.

RobbyGirl
09-02-2010, 11:46 PM
LOL at that rate you'll get no cards done. I recommend tearing out 1 page and working with just that page for your poem. If that still distracts you then cut up the page into individual words and play with them like magnetic poetry :)

Just Ducky
09-02-2010, 11:49 PM
ohhh ouch.. that hurt... I just tore a page from a perfectly good book... and didn't even finish reading the story... so ok.. now I have a page.. and it's 11:49 here in Michigan
so hope I can get something done by sunup...

theweavershand
09-02-2010, 11:54 PM
wow...thats right! one more hour and i can start! how cool is that!!

RobbyGirl
09-02-2010, 11:56 PM
{{Hugs Ducky}} ruining that 1st book is the hardest for us bibliophiles! It gets easier. I buy crappy stuff that I'd never read, or books that have already been damaged.

HHC
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Well this girl has to be up early for work, so won't be up at midnight. I will, however, be up really early so I may be able to whip one out before heading to work. Or at least get a head start for when I get home.

I am going through single pages I got in trades and it's interesting to read the front and back and wonder about the rest of the story. :)

HHC
09-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Oh, I usually get free books from the library that are really beat up and falling apart so it's easy to finish the job, as it were.

jensaz
09-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Yes, I get them from thrift stores or garage sales or my Church has a freecycle event so I don't spend any (or much) $$ on them and I get off subjects so I'm not really interested in the story.
I don't feel so bad about destroying the book then.
I used to think that people who destroyed books for art were crazy, now I AM ONE OF "THOSE" PEOPLE!!! hahahahaaaaaahahahah bwaaaahaaaahaaaaaa... Ok, going to bed so I can rip/shred/deface books tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

:sleep:

Gina-B
09-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Well, I have to run around a bit today, but it does include going somewhere I know has old paperbacks for next to nothing. I will get one and begin this evening... I was going to just cut up magazines, but the paper is so new!

I have never ever destroyed a book for art, so....

Joss
09-03-2010, 05:50 AM
I am ready to start, still got lotsa torn bits from our last fpat, I like to do the cards first then put on the words that seem to fit. but then, i am always back to front with everything I do. lol. see you all later with some cards. yahoo let's fpat.

dmnh
09-03-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm hoping to do some found poetry this weekend. We shall see though....I gave the muse a pretty good workout earlier this morning. I don't know that she's up to more arting today or not. If so, you all will see some found poetry from me. If not, you won't.

I'm pretty sure there will be something in the line of found poetry this weekend though.

poeticpaper
09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm making a Goodwill Drive-by to see if I can't find old, damaged books to tear into!

:)

dmnh
09-03-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll be using words from the novel I destroyed for my altered book. Wish I would have read that book before hacking into it!
I'll also be using magazine words. I have thousands of words already cut from magazines that I really should do something with!
I have three haikus gathered from the novel pages but no images come to mind for them at the moment. Will work on that later when I get back from town. I'm headed to the thrift store. Not for books though. I have enough books to start a small library...I'm looking for nothing in particular at the thrift store. Just haven't been there for some time. I need a fix of thrift store is all.

HHC
09-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Good morning! I thought someone would have really started after midnight... and you're ALL up earlier than me. Get cracking and show us some of your poetry! LOL!

So my lunch is made, water bottle filled, oatmeal cooking... let's see if I can make something quickly. SO not how I usually work. Quickly, that is. :D

poeticpaper
09-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I need a fix of thrift store is all.

me, too!

but, I thought I'd add another excuse onto it! ;)

Cat's Cradle
09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
When we bought our house 3 years ago, the neighbor was having an estate sale. They GAVE me a box FULL of Reader's Digest Condensed Books. Problem is, I get caught up in the stories, so I developed a system for taking pages:

Don't read the words; just flip pages
Count the pages as you flip.
Rip every fourth page out.
Go back and take out any pages with pictures that you want to keep.
Alter the rest of the book into a junque journal!

theweavershand
09-03-2010, 10:45 AM
got 5 or 6 cards done last night after midnight...just have to put words to them. couldnt sleep for the longest time and now here i am...3 hours later up, hurting and not sleeping but too tired to make any sense of these words. hoping once the Advil kicks in ill get a little more sleep and be able to finish these up.

sniisk
09-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I have started and hope publish something later today.

HHC
09-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I actually got one done, but the stupid scanner is not talking to the computer and I have to leave for work... sigh.

I'll post it when I get home.

RobbyGirl
09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Good Morning Sweet Bards! I have a card drying and will post soon.

Pochadiva gets credit for the first FPAT card although she accidentally posted it on the pre-thread. I'm off to pm her and let her know to move it over here, in the interim check her gallery. Off to compose....see you soon! Thanks for coming to Play!

jensaz
09-03-2010, 11:24 AM
When we bought our house 3 years ago, the neighbor was having an estate sale. They GAVE me a box FULL of Reader's Digest Condensed Books. Problem is, I get caught up in the stories, so I developed a system for taking pages:

Don't read the words; just flip pages
Count the pages as you flip.
Rip every fourth page out.
Go back and take out any pages with pictures that you want to keep.
Alter the rest of the book into a junque journal!

I like the way you think, very thrifty about the JJ.... I usually rip one or 2 pages from each chapter for my variety...

RobbyGirl
09-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Here is my first card with Friday's "Romantic" theme. It's a bit tongue in cheek ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_Unholy_Shape_of_Her.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174516) The Unholy Shape of Her TRADED

jensaz
09-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I gotta run errands but I'll dig in later this afternoon. AWESOME cheeky romance card RobbyG

RobbyGirl
09-03-2010, 12:12 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Polite_Puppets.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174530) Polite Puppets Available

Gina-B
09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Ok, been shopping. Got a book because it had a nice cover, and money went to a good charity. Ends up its a proper biography - Casanova no less - so I have to read it. (History + real life = happy me) so I need to find something else!!

so I developed a system for taking pages:I like this system and will apply it to whichever book I end up choosing. I HAVE to eventually destroy a book...

RobbyGirl
09-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I HAVE to eventually destroy a book...

Not really if it hurts too much, I've seen Found Poetry made from Cereal boxes, Magazines, Junk Mail, Yellow Pages etc. I do find that it is a bit easier with book pages though.

Gina-B
09-03-2010, 12:41 PM
yeah, but a big part of me wants to try an altered book too... ;)

AND I forgot to say how nice your cards are, hopefully I'll manage something that can be swapped this weekend!

dina54
09-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I have 2 "poems" finished. I will try and put some illustrations with them tonite if it is a quiet night at work.

mrubyjean
09-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Great cards, RobbyGirl!

I put four 'poems' together after midnight...sort of serious love poems...from theology book pages! Have to do some back-to-school shopping with my son, then I earn some art time to, hopefully, finish the cards.

Theresagram
09-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Woohoo!! I can get started soon. I'm getting stuff ready.

Theresagram
09-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I had a hard time tearing up my first book a few years ago, but if you think of it not as destroying something and more as making something else it's easier.

I still wonder if my father is watching me from the other side and frowning. He told me NEVER to tear up a book!

Pochadiva
09-03-2010, 01:38 PM
OK....Thanks Robin for cluing me in about pre and official threads....I still have lots to learn. Here is my first attempt and again I'm so happy I could create something in this theme. The card is called: "Mariner's Ode"(traded).

Cat's Cradle
09-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I had a hard time tearing up my first book a few years ago, but if you think of it not as destroying something and more as making something else it's easier.

I still wonder if my father is watching me from the other side and frowning. He told me NEVER to tear up a book!

Mine actually said to me in a snide tone, "You know what I think of people who tear up books." My mom fussed at him and told him the books were getting a new life!

Theresagram
09-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Great cards Robby and Pocha!!! Yea! I can start now!!

That's funny Cats!

Gina-B
09-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I did it... I just tore pages out of a book! (including a page 33 for our weekend host!!)

Great card Pocha!

Chamele
09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
oh dear :err: um, I did not see the theme thingie until just now.

back to the art table! hopefully something in a bit...

Pochadiva
09-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I know what everybody means....it feels sacrilegious to cut up books. I do agree though that they are being recycled for a different type of enjoyment....still artful and loved. Here is my next card called: "Cherished Baby"(traded).

Theresagram
09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Cham...the theme is optional. :D

sniisk
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I have made three cards now. Too dark here to take any pics. I'll do it tomorrow.

Theresagram
09-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi Sanna!

sniisk
09-03-2010, 03:00 PM
My time to say good night. I'm too tired. Too many hours at work this week.

lkastello
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
where is my muse????????????????????????

sniisk
09-03-2010, 03:07 PM
It is here, on my table. And trying to wake me but I need to sleep. I can send it to you now :).

calluna
09-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I've only allowed myself 2 pages of text to start with - otherwise my brain would explode! And I'm keeping the 2 separate since they're from different sources and look different. Just magazine articles for me, for now. Will get scans posted as soon as I can. I owe photos to so many things right now...

Theresagram
09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Ack! Don't let your brain go 'splody! :laugh:

I'm looking thru mags for words and most of them the print is way too small.

ginabee
09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
I LOVE the cards posted! Went to Goodwill for a couple of books then a big trip to WalMart. I started on a card this morning and hope to finish it today, lol. This is really my first FPAT, I think.

jensaz
09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm sure if anyone wants to look up something on the internet, an article or something of that nature, and print it out to use the words, that should be acceptable. That way you don't feel bad about cutting up a book... Just a suggestion

Chamele
09-03-2010, 04:17 PM
okay, not on theme yet, but here's a first

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4726/small/17_image0.jpgTRADED

Joss
09-03-2010, 04:32 PM
that is so cool mary girl, wanna trade? and here are my first cards(at last), been a busy day and a distracting one too.

52339 #1

52340 #2

52341 #3

52342 #4

calluna
09-03-2010, 04:44 PM
It's not an ATC (too big) and it's not a poem, but it's sorta still found poetry:
This and the other things I've done so far are more like phrases than poetry poetry.

My 2 cards so far:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/1_foundpoetry_002.jpg Text says "Now and then the queer younger men spend their time flapping a dignified retreat"
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/1_foundpoetry_001.jpg TRADED. Text says "love every electrical minute spent in human behavior"

RobbyGirl
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Great cards. I'm on my iPhone after downloading a virus this morning...ugh! My hubby is working on my system.

KESagers
09-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Robby Girl - I hope it's a fast and easy fix.

Great cards everyone! Here are my first 2:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Booger.jpg
Booger

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_No-Place-Like-Home.jpg
No Place Like Home-traded

Recycled calendar images and text.

dmnh
09-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Hope hubby can fix your system quickly, Robby.

My muse is not cooperating with me. Or maybe it's those six kittens that refuse to leave me alone while I'm sorting tiny little snippets of paper? Either way, there is nothing happening in the a-thon department at my house at the moment.

You all are in the groove though! Liking what I see!

Right now I have to go feed my herd of cats! I'll see if I can get something accomplished while they're busy with filling their bellies and an after dinner nap.

KESagers
09-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Here are 2 more:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Contemplative.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Shredded.jpg
Comtemplative, Shredded-traded

HotMamaRama
09-03-2010, 05:24 PM
man great stuff all! I so hope I can sneak in a few this weekend! lurking for now, until after the in-laws leave.

KESagers
09-03-2010, 05:24 PM
So much cute"ness" at your house DMNH!

theweavershand
09-03-2010, 05:27 PM
so many awesome cards!! getting my first ones finished. so many i want to trade for!!

jensaz
09-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Here are my first 2 cards

52346 "celebrated pursuit of fools love would baffle the village" - TRADED

52347 "Miss Tarrant whispered discreetly to him of unspeakable shame and ruin but he was too shy to protest" - trade pending

poeticpaper
09-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm home for the night. We'll see how much I can crank out after dinnner...

KESagers
09-03-2010, 06:13 PM
My next 2 - recycled calendar images and text.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Ornament.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Whiskers.jpg
Ornament-traded, Whiskers-traded

alanabannana
09-03-2010, 06:17 PM
In keeping with a romance theme, here are my first cards up for trade

wedding ring - Traded

japanese marriage - Traded

Romance lives

theweavershand
09-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Okay...here are my first offerings...

FPAT #1 traded
FPAT #2 traded
FPAT #3
FPAT #4 traded
FPAT #5 traded

lkastello
09-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Cool cards...keep em coming so that I can live vicariously!

Chamele
09-03-2010, 06:41 PM
my FPAT #2...

regardless of what one chooses to call it,
they will define it.
labeling
who how what
defining themselves defining words unable to stop
cheating your thoughts
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4726/small/1_FPAT_2.jpg

Pochadiva
09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
A quick card before I go out for a short while. The card is called: "Penelope" (traded)

RobbyGirl
09-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Awesome cards everyone!!!

My computer is in serious distress! I have several cards to upload but have to figure out if I can scan to my Son's computer or not. For now I guess I'll just stay focused on creating.

jensaz
09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Here is one more and I may have to stop for the night as I have a meeting to go to.. SIGH...

52367 Marriage???? - Available

alanabannana
09-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Two more and I am done for tonight. I am going to a wedding tomorrow so probably will not be creating anything tomorrow.

Daily Beauty - traded

Never Letting Go

ginabee
09-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Fabulous cards! I have one finished

Joy ATC

lkastello
09-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Very cool cards!

Joss
09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
two more and I am off to bed, it's nearly 1am.
see ya all tomorrow peeps. xx
dang doodles robby baybee, hope it's all sorted soon.

52371 #5

52372 #6

joes lines
09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
This is from one of the toy pages in the 1895 Montgomery Ward Catalog (somewhere along the line I picked up a reprint edition published by Dover in the early 2000s).

calluna
09-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I won't likely get anything else posted until Sunday, but I have several found poems waiting to be matched with the right images so I hope to get some more done later this weekend! Keep up the good work, all!

ginabee
09-03-2010, 08:19 PM
This is called The Being

HHC
09-03-2010, 08:24 PM
You all have been busy today! I'm finally home, and low and behold, the scanner and computer decided to talk while I was away. LOL! Here's what I had this morning:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_interlacing_bows.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174624)

Robin! I hope your computer issues get resolved quickly!

jo.on.the.go
09-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Getting warmed up for tomorrow: Here is Young Love, FPAT 1

Theresagram
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Ack! I got distracted! I just got a big box of rubber (for a rubber swap) in the mail. Had to go thru it and swap out some of my old rubber.

I found 13 really neat stamps! Woohoo!!! New rubbah in da house!!!! :jiggy:

Chamele
09-03-2010, 08:45 PM
#3...
I fell in love
this preventable tragedy
ensuring my youth
an ironic oasis
just south of any killer clout
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4726/small/20_image0.jpg

sharlene54
09-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Everyone's cards are great!

I finally finished my first called Alas Time.

TRADED

joes lines
09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
This one is taken from another page of the 1895 Montgomery Ward catalog; this one the corsets page.

Everyone's cards are looking great.

KESagers
09-03-2010, 09:18 PM
3 more recycled calendar images and text.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Good-Sailors.jpg
Good Sailors

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Victorian-Valentine.jpg
Victorian Valentine-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_The-Therapy-Cat.jpg
The Therapy Cat-traded

theweavershand
09-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Here are a few more on today's Love theme...

FPAT #6 traded
FPAT #7 traded
FPAT #8 traded

RobbyGirl
09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Hurray I'm back in action. The first Poem was created from a discarded bacon box. This Public Domain Image came with a nasty virus that had my computer down all day! See what happens when you do searches for Vintage Prostitutes...LOL Thank Goodness my hubby is a techie extraordinare!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Satisfaction_Guaranteed.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174663) Satisfaction Guaranteed Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Violet_s_Devouring_Eyes.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174662) Violet's Devouring Eyes Traded

KESagers
09-03-2010, 11:15 PM
RobbyGirl - I'm so glad your computer is working! That almost happend to me when I was capturing images one night and the pop-up virus attached to a picture wasn't going to let me exit the page unless I clicked on it. I manage to do a keyboard command and get out of it and then I shut everything down and re-booted and all was fine. Since you had trouble also I guess now I know it can be a dangerous way to harvest images.

Just Ducky
09-03-2010, 11:42 PM
so here I sit... and broken hearted.... want to play but can't get started....:sad:

but hay guys it's early, and I know I can do this... really I can...:wubclub:

theweavershand
09-03-2010, 11:43 PM
yay! Ducky is here! let the party officially begin!! **happy dance**

Just Ducky
09-03-2010, 11:57 PM
ahhh.. Amy, ya got the ducky blushing... sure ain't gonna get nuttin done tonight..
but tomorrow ?? sure ....

theweavershand
09-04-2010, 12:00 AM
just seeing you here makes me smile!!

HHC
09-04-2010, 12:03 AM
so here I sit... and broken hearted.... want to play but can't get started....:sad:

but hay guys it's early, and I know I can do this... really I can...:wubclub:

Ducky, you can do it! I know you can! :yes:

Try what I did tonight...we got an interesting "catalog" in the mail today with some interesting words and images. Cut out a few phrases from a page, cut out a picture from the same page, if it works. Slap it on a card. Re-arrange the words a bit and see what happens.

(As soon as my scanner does it's talking to the computer thing, I'll show you what I created)

Sometimes adding words that don't connect to the "picture" you have going on the card can be quite interesting. LOL!

andyaly
09-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Well.....I got [I]one[I] done! That might be all I can do for romantic/endearing, so here it is:http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5639/small/1_FPAT_Moonlight_Walk.jpg

HHC
09-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Robin, I'm so glad you're computer is up and running. It's a good warning to be careful where you "glean" photos from the internet. :wideeyed:

HHC
09-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Here are the two I've created tonight using the catalog...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_through_its_words.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174683) Through it's Words http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Sound_Argumentation.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174684) Sound Argumentation

Pochadiva
09-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Here's another addition to my meager production today. This card is called: "Anxious Husband".

mrubyjean
09-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Great cards, everyone!

I was able to finish four today, all on theme, more or less ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fppowerful.jpg Unquestionably Powerful ~ Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fpconsider.jpg Consider ~ Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fppromise.jpg Great Promise ~ Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fpmonkey.jpg The Kiss ~ Traded

KESagers
09-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Y'all are still going strong and I'm done in for the day.:sleep: Great art everyone! See you tomorrow.:yes:

sniisk
09-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Good morning :). And good night Kristin!

Just Ducky
09-04-2010, 01:09 AM
hello Sanna...and Martha and Kristin.... oh Kristin, nite gal... catch with all you guys
tomorrow... such great inspiration cards you all showing....

HHC
09-04-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm up early and working a long day tomorrow so need to get to bed. Good night everyone! Have fun creating! :)

Pochadiva
09-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Here we go....last one before I hit the hay called: "Joy" (traded) Have a restful night and wake up fresh and full of creative juices.

RobbyGirl
09-04-2010, 01:51 AM
My Last for today, off to bed too! Thanks everyone for playing! Wonderful poems/art so far! See you tomorrow!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Why_the_Hell_Not.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174701) Why the Hell Not Available

theweavershand
09-04-2010, 01:57 AM
off to bed! see you all manana!

RobbyGirl
09-04-2010, 01:59 AM
We need a theme for Monday....any suggestions?

sniisk
09-04-2010, 02:27 AM
My first cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_2.jpg FPAT #1 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_4.jpg FPAT #2 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_3_.jpg FPAT #3 TRADED

jo.on.the.go
09-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Good morning
Here is "Friendless"

HHC
09-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Good morning! Nice work, everyone!

I woke up early with a headache, but that does give me extra time to play before heading off to work. :)

dina54
09-04-2010, 08:44 AM
3 "Romance" cards in my gallery. I'm off to bed (worked all night) If I get a chance I'll try some Found Poetry Noir when I wake up.

sniisk
09-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I have some new cards but we are cooking first :).

Gina-B
09-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow - some really cool cards folks - makes me wish my computer was in my work room so I could keep an eye on them all AND create!

Woohoo, i did it. Some perhaps a bit dark (without actually noticing the themes, lol!) but I have finally created some found poetry!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-curiosities.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-love.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-drinking.jpg
1. Curiosities - traded
2. Love - traded
3. Drinking - traded

Gina-B
09-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Three more -
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-eternity.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-silence.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-depression.jpg
4. Eternity - available
5. Silence - traded
6. Depression - traded

jo.on.the.go
09-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Hot off the press!
#3 Fledgling - traded
#4 End - traded
#5 Omens
#6 Beings

Joss
09-04-2010, 10:31 AM
great art going on here. am struggling a bit this weekend, my muse is not willing to partcipate!
here are a few more:

52407 #7

52408 #8

52409 #9

52410 #10

joes lines
09-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Justice League Members (from a page in an old Justice League of America comic book)

Evalila
09-04-2010, 10:36 AM
I finally managed to finish two cards - maybe no real poetry, but the best I could come up with :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/large/1_SongOfTheTree001.jpg #001 TRADED http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/large/1_HeavenlyMuse002.jpg #002 TRADED

sniisk
09-04-2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_43.jpg FPAT #4

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_40_.jpg FPAT #5

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_39.jpg FPAT #6

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_37_.jpg FPAT #7

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_29.jpg FPAT #8 TRADED

ginabee
09-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Such lovely art...my muse seems to be sleeping but will try to get her going, lol. I'm bringing my available cards forward:

Joy ATC

The Being ATC

lkastello
09-04-2010, 11:14 AM
WOW!!! Look at how prolific you people are!!! WONDERFUL!!!

sharlene54
09-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Three more--

New Friends
The First Time-Traded
OLD WOMAN-Traded

RobbyGirl
09-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Wow you guys are rickin it! Fab cards, lots I want, I better get crackin'

Evalila
09-04-2010, 12:15 PM
I have two more cards drying, I´ll upload them tomorrow. I won´t be able to do more cards today. We´re going out for dinner today and will meet with some friends.:)

RobbyGirl
09-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Here are my first two for today

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_The_Low_Point.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174797) The Low Point

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_The_Night_Is_Dirty.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174796) The Night is Dirty

ginabee
09-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I went to the Library this morning for their Book sale and scored, lol. I have finished one card, today, Kristin gets first dibs if she likes for our trade.

Cow and Crow ATC traded

KESagers
09-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Yippee for the cow and the crow!

I finally just got some background images cut and gessoed to chipboard. As soon as it dries I'll cut out my cards and start working on the poetry. I hope to work on 2 FPAT chunkies today. (The images seemed large enough to demand the 4x4 format.):D

Gina-B
09-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Congrats on your score, ginabee!

Ok, another 4 - then that's it for uploading tonight, though I am still going to go through words, I am quite enjoying this now that I've tried it ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-rogue.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-thevow.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-athena.jpg
7. Rogue - available
8. The Vow - traded
9. Athena - available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-small.jpg
10. Small - traded

joes lines
09-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Here's my "dark" contribution.

Based on a page from a "Savage Sword of Conan" comic book.

RobbyGirl
09-04-2010, 02:41 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Perfect_Beauty.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174834) Perfect Beauty

theweavershand
09-04-2010, 02:55 PM
kristen, im so glad you are going to do some chunkies! i also had some images that i wanted to use but needed the larger format.

great cards everyone! really love seeing what everyone is coming up with! trying to switch gears and think "dark" today...hmmm...

sniisk
09-04-2010, 02:57 PM
More cards coming tomorrow. Now too tired to do anything.

ginabee
09-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Awesome cards! Thanks Kristin. I'll work on a chunky, too.

Gina-B
09-04-2010, 03:22 PM
I was thinking about chunkies too - as others are, I'll have a go too!

theweavershand
09-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Here's another that I started yesterday. More in keeping with yesterday's theme.

FPAT #9 traded

jensaz
09-04-2010, 04:09 PM
OK I have 3 entries for todays category, hope to make more (possibly a chunky or two) but gonna eat right now..

52445 - Instrument of Rebellion - Available

52446 - King's Courtier - Available

52447 - Mallory - available

lkastello
09-04-2010, 04:12 PM
THIS PARTY IS ROCKING!

Theresagram
09-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Great cards everyone! I'm still trying to find time to make one. :::sigh:::

RobbyGirl
09-04-2010, 04:50 PM
I"m so thrilled so many of you have come to play! You are all wonderful! Great Art and Poetry! I have a busy afternoon but hope to be back for more this evening!

ginabee
09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
I have a Chunky Page, I AM NOT ALONE. The Sunflower is chunky. If you want danglies, let me know. It's brighter in real life..the chunky sunflower made it not scan as well.

traded

KESagers
09-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Finally - my first 3 for the day:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Captivating-Lady.jpg
Captivating Lady

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Flamboyant-Flounces.jpg
Flamboyant Flounces-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Gecko-Guest.jpg
Gecko Guest-traded

Nat Geo images and text.

Joss
09-04-2010, 05:48 PM
here are my last 3 and I am off to bed, see you all tomorrow. keep on arting ladies. nitey nite.

52471 #11

52472 #12

52473 #13

theweavershand
09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
ive gotten together some great dark poems...now im struggling with the images to go with...may end up with just swirling masses of dark depressing colors...nothing else seems to fit.

jensaz
09-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Here is a chunky for the day..

52474 - Aftermath - TRADED - thank you!
black-out poem reads: "The gentlemen came yesterday They galloped off an hour ago. Oh, purge blister and bleed the knaves, I'm mad indeed!"

jensaz
09-04-2010, 06:09 PM
ive gotten together some great dark poems...now im struggling with the images to go with...may end up with just swirling masses of dark depressing colors...nothing else seems to fit.

dark COLORS = good!!!!!

ginabee
09-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Great looking art, ya'll. I have trouble doing dark art...my muse is feeling happy and silly, today.

RobbyGirl
09-04-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_People_are_Just_So_Boring.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174904) People are Just So Boring

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Places_Inside_Him.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=174903) Places Inside Him

KESagers
09-04-2010, 07:10 PM
OH - wonderful cards and chunkies!

KESagers
09-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Two more:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_The-Glow.jpg
The Glow

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Cycle-of-Light.jpg
Cycle of Light

joes lines
09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
This is my last one for today.

Amanda of the mountains

lkastello
09-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Keep it coming!!! Terrific work people!

ginabee
09-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm winding down now...I've had so much fun. Thanks RobbyGirl. My grandkids are coming tomorrow so I'll be playing with them.

Just Ducky
09-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I see I wittled away a great day .... and now look at all the good stuff I missed ...
but yes, I did get something made... but now I not knowing if what I did is Found Poetry..
got so wrapped with the images, finding words.... hard...

and now while typing this... I realize I haven't even loaded my cards to the gallery yet...
so HI... and I gotta go do my thing and I come back again... where's that straw man when I need a brain....

jensaz
09-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Here is my last for the evening, a chunky. Don't know if I will make any tomorrow or not, I hope so. Monday may be sketchy for me cause I have a full day of grooming dogs.. If you like any of my cards, please PM me and we will see what can be worked out..

52485 James - TRADED
Poem reads: With such feet and possessing fully formed wings, James undoubtedly led an arboreal life

HHC
09-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Wow, you have all done some amazing creative "writing" today. I'm home from work and need to get some dinner. I was on a roll this morning so hopefully I can get the muse going again after a long day. :)

theweavershand
09-04-2010, 10:22 PM
finally got my dark poetry going...will have 9 to load as soon as they dry.

Just Ducky
09-04-2010, 10:34 PM
my first three... got a couple more ... almost done...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_PF___1.jpg F.P. # 1 (TRADED) thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_PF___2.jpg F.P. # 2 (TRADED) thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_PF___3.jpg F.P. # 3 (TRADED) thank you

KESagers
09-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Ducky your poetry is better than mine!

KESagers
09-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Have a couple chunkies in the works but didn't manage to finish them today so they will be first on my list tomorrow. Have a great night everyone - see you tomorrow!

Pochadiva
09-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Ok...finally I had some time to conjure up this little diddy. Called: "Plunger Head Gave Some Orders".(traded)

theweavershand
09-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Here is the first batch of mine for today...

FPAT #10 traded
FPAT #11
FPAT #12
FPAT #13 traded
FPAT #14 traded

theweavershand
09-04-2010, 11:52 PM
and the second...

FPAT #15 traded
FPAT #16 traded
FPAT #17 traded
FPAT #18 traded

RobbyGirl
09-04-2010, 11:55 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Cat_s_Eyes.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Cat_s_Eyes.jpg) Cat's Eyes

Pochadiva
09-05-2010, 12:16 AM
I'd like to add another called: "Piratical Robbers"

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 12:25 AM
What a fabulous day of Found Poetry! I'm off to bed, thanks for all the wonderful trades, Looking forward to tomorrow!

theweavershand
09-05-2010, 12:34 AM
im done for today. whew! ill be back tomorrow though. dont know if ill be able to come up with any real poetry but im hoping to try for more wild and crazy to balance out all the serious ones ive done so far. see you all manana!

HHC
09-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Great stuff you guys!

I don't have any finished yet this evening, and not sure I'll get any done before I crash. I just had a call from the alarm company so had to run back down to the store to re-set the alarm. Stupid phone lines were down when we closed and that's probably the problem. And now the extra early morning is catching up with me so I'm off to bed too. Good night!

andyaly
09-05-2010, 12:50 AM
I managed to get a couple more done today...I'm amazed and impressed by how many some of you are able to do in a day!!!! I need to quit getting sidetracked by other stuff......
He Lay Awake:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5639/small/1_He_Lay_Awake.jpg

And Beneath the Full Moon:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5639/small/1_Beneath_the_Full_Moon.jpg
And now I'm off to bed!

Pochadiva
09-05-2010, 01:37 AM
This will be my last little morsel of this FPAT day! Dream of Haiku everyone! My morsel is called: "Cargo at Sea"

sniisk
09-05-2010, 02:06 AM
So many lovely cards made when I was sleeping. I need to send at least one PM because I want to have at least one trade :).

calluna
09-05-2010, 02:45 AM
I have one dark card but it is kinda disturbing (to me, if nothing else) so I won't post it here.
Instead, here's one that isn't dark and doesn't make me sad:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/2_foundpoetry_001.jpg - "globe-girdling women may still beckon as one of the earth's last few magical threads." (:

dmnh
09-05-2010, 03:48 AM
You all have some fantastic art going on in this thread! Still liking what I see!!!
Apparently I had to 'sleep on it' before the old muse got with the program. I'm having a devil of a time putting words and pictures together. I could spout off haikus all day long if haikus didn't have to be married to pictures....
Well here's 2 from me. If you just can't live without one of them, lol, shoot me off a PM and we'll work out a trade.

Babysit
Confusion (haiku)

Evalila
09-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Hi everybody!
Here are two more from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/large/1_AnEmptyDream003.jpg # 003 - An Empty Dream

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/large/1_TimeArtLife004.jpg # 004 - Time, Art, Life TRADED

Gina-B
09-05-2010, 06:10 AM
More lovely cards folks!

Joss
09-05-2010, 06:30 AM
good morning from a cool London town.great cards happening here this weekend.
here are my next three:

52524 #14

52525 #15

52526 #16

sniisk
09-05-2010, 06:31 AM
I have had other card projects today and haven't made much found poetry cards.

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Wonderful cards overnight. I'm moving forward my availables:

sharlene54
09-05-2010, 10:04 AM
This is my first attemp at found poetry. It is great.
Two more cards!!
They are called Happy Face (traded) and Natural Beauty.

KESagers
09-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Morning everyone! Here are my first 2 for the day:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_The-Fury.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Glowing_Clouds.jpg
The Fury-traded, Glowing Clouds

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 12:07 PM
A little Rhyme for todays theme.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_How_Absurd.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_How_Absurd.jpg) How Absurd?

Just Ducky
09-05-2010, 12:28 PM
morning.... afternoon..... evening all you guys... we sure do circle the world in all the time zones...
only have 2 more for right now... and sorry, but not following the weekend challanges..
it's being a challange for me to find anything right now... mind is muddled.. guess it's a Ducky thing...:confused:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_PF___4.jpg FP. # 4 (TRADED) thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_PF___5.jpg FP. # 5

Evalila
09-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Here are my last two for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/large/1_FromStarToStar005.jpg FPAT # 005 - From Star to Star TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/large/1_AzureSkies006.jpg FPAT # 006 - Azure Skies

KESagers
09-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Here are the 2 chunkies I started yesterday.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Chaiten-Volcano.jpg
Chaiten Volcano-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_The-Peripheral-Glow-chunky.jpg
The Peripheral Glow

Nat Geo images and text. Will trade chunky for chunky.

Gina-B
09-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Wow! More great card today!

I'm afraid mine aren't on today's theme, just what came up!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-laugh.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-eve.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-helpless.jpg
Laugh - available
Eve - available
Helpless - available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-icouldnt.jpg I couldn't - available

Gina-B
09-05-2010, 01:55 PM
And another three-

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-imagination.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-flexible.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fpat-urban.jpg
Imagination - available
Flexible fabric - available
Urban Oblivion - available

Still haven't manage a chunky, forgot all about it actually!

sharlene54
09-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I have one more.
It's called Forbidden!

joes lines
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
This is a carry over from yesterday. Based on a page about Medea from Bulfinch's Mythology.

And a haiku about the Aran Islands, based on a page of Shakespeare's Sonnets (58-64).

grrrdjules
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I didn't know this was on! I loved the last one. I'll be making some for sure but actually rhyming may be asking too much lol.

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Spellbound.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=175089) Spellbound

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Good to see you Jules and Rhyming is totally optional!!!

Joss
09-05-2010, 05:51 PM
all mahvellous dahlinks.
here are my last three, and off i go to do some more trading. I had a loada fun. pm me for cards, what's left over will be attacked with gel medium. hugs to you one and all.

52569 #17

52570 #18

52571 #19 (haiku)

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 05:59 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_It_Hurts.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=175092) but it hurts

jensaz
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Did anyone ever think of a "theme" for Monday??? There IS still a day to play, right????

How bout poems about.... PLAY - all kinds

Pochadiva
09-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Chalk one up for today. Hand drawn watercolor, pen and ink with collaged words. This one is called: "Arkal"(traded)

KESagers
09-05-2010, 06:53 PM
I was just going to ask the same question about a theme for Monday even though I've been going off on my own tangents. I think I'm a going to try to do some black bird fpat. I just printed of Poe's Raven and I'm goint to cut into it to do some "free association poetry" with some bird images/stamps that I have but I like the idea of a PLAY theme also.

jensaz
09-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I managed to squeak one out today. Not sure if I'll be able to do more.. Hope so.

52578 Archaeopteryx - Available (it pictures the fossil of the bird/reptile mixed creature )
Haiku -
birds and reptiles claim
this unique form this record
of the earth creatures

jensaz
09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I was just going to ask the same question about a theme for Monday even though I've been going off on my own tangents. I think I'm a going to try to do some black bird fpat. I just printed of Poe's Raven and I'm goint to cut into it to do some "free association poetry" with some bird images/stamps that I have but I like the idea of a PLAY theme also.

Well, free association poetry IS PLAY>>>> Just sayin'

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I've never tried this but it looks like fun....something a little crazy like Concrete Poetry where the words form the image. Here's an example. I copied this from a website that I'll give credit to in a minute. Can you see that the words form a Raven?

Poe's
raven told
him nothing nevermore
and Vincent's circling
crows were a threat to destroy
sunlight. Now I saw a bird, black with a yellow
beak, orange rubber legs
pecking to kill the
lawn, storm bird
hates with claw,
evil beak,
s
u
n
and eye

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Crud it didn't copy correctly here's the link so you can see it better. It's under Concrete Poetry (http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/bestbook/chapter4.html) DOes that sound too difficult for a theme?

RobbyGirl
09-05-2010, 07:23 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_FPAT_SEP_2010_Love_and_be_Wise.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=175110) Love and Be

jensaz
09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
OOOOOH, not sure I'd be able to even attempt that one, but it does look cool.

KESagers
09-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Oh how cool! Yup - me too - don't think I'll be trying that but I have a vague memory of having to do one in school.

theweavershand
09-05-2010, 08:01 PM
today i have tons of images done...now to add words...will be loading a bunch of new cards and some chunkies before the night is over.

joes lines
09-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Last ones for today...

Carthage (a haiku)
Creature's Lament

Both based on a page of Shakespeare's sonnets (covering sonnets 64-71).

Harm, Youth Devours, Inis Mor, Carthage and Creature's Lament are still available for trades.

Janjo33
09-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I popped in to compliment all the found poetry - you all have had me "reading" the gallery all weekend.

I tried concrete poetry once. Attached is a page out of a mini album I made for my mom 5 years ago.

theweavershand
09-05-2010, 08:51 PM
thats awesome, janjo! thanks for sharing that. i had never heard of "concrete poetry" before.

calluna
09-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Ack, I'm out of glue! :shocked:
Glue and rubber cement, to be accurate. I've been attaching words with rubber cement since it's easy to clean up and reposition things. I'm debating whether to brave the holiday weekend crowds to go find some adhesive to keep playing! I don't think it's a good idea for me to use clear packing tape to put the words on my cards because my dog's fur is extremely fine and I can't see random hairs on the sticky side of the tape until it's attached to it's final surface, and then it's too late.

Just Ducky
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
quick jump on a plane Calluna and head out to Michigan... I got glue, lots of glue... BUT my problem is I got nuttin to glue... I am sitting today/night with no input... a blank mind..
sure hope to do better tomorrow...

but on a HAPPY sigh... everyone is doing such Found Poetry - always love the challange...

GoldenWolf
09-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Well, I finally had time this evening to work on some cards for this. A couple are still drying, but here is my first. Basic, but then I'm new to this.http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2045/medium/1_Intensity.jpg

KESagers
09-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Got some things cut out for tomorrow. Really enjoying everyone's art. :) Night everyone!

andyaly
09-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Here are the two that I managed to get done today:

My Mother's Closet:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5639/small/1_My_Mother_s_Closet.jpg

and I Am Not Only This:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5639/small/1_I_Am_Not_Only_This.jpg

Really hoping I can get a few more done tomorrow!

Pochadiva
09-06-2010, 01:47 AM
I managed at least one more today. This one is called "Night Escape" (traded)

mrubyjean
09-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Checking in late again, but with a few haiku and a rhyming poem ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fpmooncat.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fpwaterfall.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fpdreams.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fprosy_light.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fpfinefeast.jpg Traded

sniisk
09-06-2010, 01:52 AM
So many beautiful cards. I didn't have enough time to play this time.

theweavershand
09-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Finally loading all my work from today...

4 chunkies

FPAT #25 traded
FPAT #26 traded
FPAT #30
FPAT #32 traded

theweavershand
09-06-2010, 03:56 AM
ATCs...

FPAT #19 traded
FPAT #20
FPAT #21 traded
FPAT #22 traded
FPAT #23 traded

theweavershand
09-06-2010, 03:58 AM
and these...

FPAT #24 traded
FPAT #27 traded
FPAT #28 traded

theweavershand
09-06-2010, 04:01 AM
and a couple of chunkies i did a while ago that needed something so i added found poetry to them...

FPAT #29
FPAT #31

RobbyGirl
09-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Wow Amy! You're on a roll!

Gina-B
09-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Wow, so many new cards to look at - but, it isn't a holiday here so I really really must work today!
Still, as we have got until midnight, I do intend to do aome more this evening. I'm enjoying it too much!

Bright-Spark
09-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I finally got the time to do a couple.

Now I have started and I realise the deadline is midnight not 6pm I might do some more.....

GoldenWolf
09-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Here are a couple that were drying last night plus the one I previously posted. The crackle paint on the last two makes for an interesting texture that doesn't translate too well through scanning.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2045/medium/1_Intensity.jpg CHOOSE INTENSITY TRADED
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2045/medium/1_World_of_Music.jpg WORLD OF MUSIC TRADED
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2045/medium/1_Vision_the_Night.jpg VISION THE WHOLE TRADED

KESagers
09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Great cards while I slept! Such a great idea to add poetry to old art that needs something more! I think I'm going to have give that a try. :)

sniisk
09-06-2010, 10:52 AM
So many great cards here. I have been working all the day and will still continue.

lkastello
09-06-2010, 11:01 AM
This thread ROCKS with soooooo many wonderful cards!!!

Pochadiva
09-06-2010, 11:23 AM
My first entry for today is called: "Humour"

KESagers
09-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Followed Theweavershand's example and re-worked two old chunkies for the FPAT. (I captured some Halloween poems off the internet and tried to the re-arrange the words into more cryptic poetry.) :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Bat-Poop.jpg
Bat Poop

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Black-Cats-chunky.jpg
Black Cats

lkastello
09-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Very cool, KESagers!!!

KESagers
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Thank you!

sharlene54
09-06-2010, 11:59 AM
My first card for today-Devil's Glow

Pochadiva
09-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Presenting another card for this cool and cloudy San Diego Labor Day (What's with That?). This one is called: "Harbour and Sky" (on hold)