PDA

View Full Version : Children in France-possible classroom trade

Batraplume
09-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Hello everyone!

I have a friend who is a preschool teacher and who would like to have her 5 and 6 years old pupils trade with some other children. One of her goals is to organize an exhibition in the cityhall of her town by the end of this school year (approx. May or June 2011).

I was wondering if some of you would be interested in a similar project, some sort of "twinning/pairing" with another class?

One important "detail": they are French and live in a small town in the South West of France. I'm not sure they speak English but their teacher do speak basic English (and I'll be there to give a hand).

The school has a blog. Here is the link to her project: http://saintnauphary.canalblog.com/archives/moyenne__section/index.html. Make sure to scroll down to be able to see all the smiles upon the kids faces when they are trading their ATCs! It's really worth having a look! You'll see they makes great mixed media cards too.

If someone is interested, please PM me! Thank you so much! :-)

PS: I hope I post this at the right place...

Carole Cadek
09-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I moved this over to ATC trades for you. Hopefully you will get more responses here. ;)

Batraplume
09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you, Carol! And thank you in advance for Anne and her classroom!

katilady
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
those pictures on the blog are wonderful! love that little boy with the glasses!

HeatherR
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Fantastic website. Thanks for sharing it! I would love to take part, but I only have 4 students (I homeschool). I am in training for a new job right now and will begin teaching art locally to preschoolers. Maybe I can include this in what I'll be teaching them. The site is really inspiring though. :)

Siena
09-08-2010, 08:30 AM
A school in Ontario, Canada (where I live) would be a good match, because the children are required to learn French here. There are French schools, French immersion schools, and regular schools that get 1 period of French per day (like my daughter's). I'll ask if they are interested. :)

Batraplume
09-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you for your feedback! Every suggestion is welcome! I'll foward the informations to Anne.
And Canada is welcome too, of course! Any country!
:-)

tlsexton0913
09-08-2010, 11:57 PM
What a wonderful project. I live in a small town here in the USA and this would be something for the kids in my daughter's school to do. If you don't mind, I can ask her school if they would be interested? Do you have any information in English?

AmericanHwyFlower
02-13-2011, 02:07 AM
How many children are in your class there Batraplume??? We are part of a small school group here that might be happy to exchange atcs from France! Please let me know =)

Batraplume
02-13-2011, 07:06 AM
It's not my class at all, I was just the one who tried to get people in touch. Please, contact Castafiore (Anne) on this forum. She is the teacher responsible for this class.
Hope this helps!

Kanteachart
03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Did you find someone to trade with? I teach Pre-K- 8 and would be willing to do a classroom trade before the end of the school year in June. Cathy