PDA

View Full Version : STicker marathon ??? anytakers ???

Just Ducky
09-28-2010, 08:01 PM
KESagers and Just Ducky are thinking of a fun marathon weekend of
Power to the STICKER... we all have them... lots of us use them.... some don't like them at all :cry:

So if you are a Sticker person of the Sticker personality... and you like to Stick it to it..
in a nice way ya know...

we are planning this fun sticky time for OCTOBER 22 - 23 - 24 .. that's a Frid. Sat. Sun.
I am sure we can give power to the lowley sticker... there are many beautiful stickers...
that can be used for ATCs......Inchies.... Chunks and all kinds of fun art...

so please just join in our POLL just let us know... YES.... NO... thinking about it....

KESagers
09-28-2010, 08:16 PM
What the Duck said! Please come join us for a fun weekend!:biglaugh:

Here are 2 samples from my gallery:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Democracy.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_The-Senate.jpg

Just Ducky
09-28-2010, 08:42 PM
and couple from my gallery... these are traded... but you get the idea...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/2_oriental_2.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_ducky_zoo_1.jpg

ginabee
09-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I so love stickers and plan to play some on Sunday! It's my hubby's birthday weekend, too.

Chardonnay1965
09-28-2010, 09:24 PM
me wanna play..:),,I love stickers...

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/44152/2593841090040999427S200x200Q85.jpg (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2593841090040999427SZJEjA)

so the question is can I use the stickers that I stitch on like this dress???

ICraft
09-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes! Power to the stickers - especially Jolee one's - right Ducky? Great idea ladies!

KESagers
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Sounds good to me Chardonnay1965 and ICraft! I even have silk flowers and little gems that really are stickers. Altered stickers like Chardonnay's take it up to a whole new level.:) I can tell already this is going to be a blast!

Just Ducky
09-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I thought you was in bed.... and I just realized I only got a couple days to get ready for the Chardonnay long weekend fun time....
and ICraft she up too ??? hay it's a party...Chardonnay is here with her cold....

Chardonnay1965
09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
cough, cough..I thought I heard my name being bandied about..:D

sniisk
09-29-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't have much stickers but I can use those I have :).

KESagers
09-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Oh boy do I have stickers to share so some will be on their way to Finland. :) Anyone else needs stickers just shoot me a PM.

sniisk
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Kristin, you are so sweet! I'll try to find some nice stickers from the huge toy store here. I haven't seen stickers here for a long time.

goatgoddess
09-29-2010, 12:31 PM
there is a bit of the DO NOT USE stickers thing but I think stickers do have a place with atcs - if they are high qty stickers used to accent I think they can be used and if they modified even more so :)

I'm up for it if I can find some time - after all stickers are nothing more than sticky images <G>

the butterflies and bittersweet are stickers
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/large/1_house_tags_3.jpg

the bird is a sticker
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/small/1_P1010015.jpg

the mice, flowers and leaves are all stickers
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/large/1_dodadatcswap.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/large/1_dodadatcswap1.jpg

sniisk
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
I love House Mouse things too :).

KESagers
09-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Such great examples everyone!

Just Ducky
09-30-2010, 12:14 AM
wow... some great examples showing up... goatgoddess everyone is looking for more
of your cute house mouse STICKER cards to show up...

and I have one of Chardonnay's Dress STICKER cards... what a beauti...

ICraft
09-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Those are awesome cards Goat Goddess - I agree - stickers )especially higher quality ones can have their place on ATCs.

JavaZarf
09-30-2010, 05:29 PM
does a sticker marathon mean we have to run with stickers

ICraft
09-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm so glad this is a few weeks away - hopefully I'll have time to prep for the marathon so I can make more than 3 cards. :jiggy:

Donnacr
10-01-2010, 12:51 AM
This is a fantastic idea - I have just gone mad at a paper show here and bought some really cute stickers. Count me in!!

dsign49
10-01-2010, 03:32 AM
I don't have alot of stickers either. I will have to see what I can find when I get to town.

toni
10-01-2010, 08:41 AM
I would so love to do a couple of cards for this but I will be OOT then. Maybe next round.

Cat's Cradle
10-03-2010, 11:53 AM
I'll stick around and watch for the official playa thread. William's birthday is that Sunday, so I prolly won't get any art done that day.

Cat's Cradle
10-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I make my own stickers with my Xyron. Use that for clean adhesion all the time when collaging.

Just about any collaged card in my gallery has my home-made stickers. I've got plenty of commercial ones as well.

goatgoddess
10-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Love my Xyron - good stuff!

debi_nc
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I was all excited when I saw this until I looked up the dates on my calendar. That's the weekend my SIL & BIL will be down from Penna. So, guess I still won't be able to participate in my first a-thon :( I'm sure you'll have fun tho!!

Just Ducky
10-04-2010, 10:47 PM
well darn it Debi sure would love to have you come and play... but keep a look-out, I am sure more will be coming....

and so glad there is interest in this Stick it to IT marathon idea... just don't get yourself stuck on the 22rd for something else to do... we gotta stick together on this..:jiggy:

sharlene54
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
I am really stuck on this idea. I have lots of stickers and my Xyron~What great fun sticking together for a marathon weekend.

Cat's Cradle
10-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Just ordered a refill for my 510, and a new 1.5" for the little stuff. I go through the 510 rolls so fast it seems!! (But then, I really do use it for almost everything...)

debi_nc
10-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks Ducky. I sure hope there will be more coming up !

KESagers
10-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Just found another stash of stickers I forgot I had. :jiggy:

Cat's Cradle
10-06-2010, 03:25 PM
My 1.5" Xyron came in today! :jiggy:

Just Ducky
10-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I got one of them Xyron thingies... keep forgetting about using it... will have to dig it out and give it a try... I need more practice... messed up a few images when I first used it...
but yea... gonna try again...

Cat's Cradle
10-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Ever since I first used one when I was teaching at Michael's, I've been hooked on them. Love, love, love my Xyron! I have the 510, so I have all sorts of fun stuff for that.

miloccpep
10-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi, I'v never join an A Thon before. Plus I only have a handful of stickers. Point me the way to check out about A Thon please. I think I have a pretty good idea what to do with the stickers. They are not craft punch right?

Just Ducky
10-08-2010, 11:56 PM
hi Rita... very simple Rita... this marathon will begin on Friday Oct 22 at Noon... YOUR TIMe
everyone around the world will be starting at noon by their clock... and everyone will finish their cards at midnight .. midnight your time... so we will have gals here all weekend at all different times of the day and night...

so you can do a bit of prep work before YOUR start time, but shouldn't make any cards till your start time...
NOw stickers... I really don't know what store types you have in Singapore but hope you have some kind of scrapbook store... a craft store... department store with a craft/hobby area.... you can find stickers of Flowers.. animals... trees... most any thing really... just think of it as a image with glue already on the back... so you can just peel it off and use it...
I will send you a message and hopefully explain it better for you...

hay, any of you gals can help me out here... I don't think I can type to Rita a easy answer...
I can speak it... but all thumbs putting the words in print...

miloccpep
10-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Thanks Ducky. I got the idea.

dsign49
10-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Better remind me or I will forget all about it. My mind has this thing about wondering off and forgetting things until it is over with.

KESagers
10-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I think you did a good job summing it up Ducky!

Dsign49 - I'll try to remind you but I'm not sure I'm any better than you are.;)

dsign49
10-09-2010, 03:30 PM
I got to Bismarck today. Had to get some belts for the combine as we are combining corn. I got to Hobby Lobby and they had sticker 1/2 off. I got some fall, christmas and lots of other one so I think I am ready for this sticker-a-thon.
Great Kristin to remind me.

KESagers
10-10-2010, 11:21 AM
How cool! Half price is such a good deal!

Art By Camilla
10-10-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm a n00b - how does this work? Do I just dedicate that weekend to creating art with stickers, and post my results somewhere?

KESagers
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Art By Camilla- here is how Ducky explained it in post #39

this marathon will begin on Friday Oct 22 at Noon... YOUR TIMe
everyone around the world will be starting at noon by their clock... and everyone will finish their cards at midnight .. midnight your time... so we will have gals here all weekend at all different times of the day and night...

so you can do a bit of prep work before YOUR start time, but shouldn't make any cards till your start time...

But yes - basically you jump in when every you can during the established time - some of us play all weekend and some can just play a little - it's all good. A day or two before the marathon starts and "official" thread will be started and that is where you will post your cards. You don't have to upload to your gallery to post in the thread but that's the way I do it. Also since this is a "sticker-a-thon" a sticker needs to be somewhere on/in your art.

Just let us know if you have questions - we'll get you hooked in no time!;)

Cherie
10-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Sounds super fun! I have stickers and I'm not afraid to use them!

Just Ducky
10-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Cherie... now that's a gal that's fearless... ya got em' - ya stick em':jiggy:

looks like we are lining up for a sticky good time... and we will all stick together...:wub:

Spirit Soul
10-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Hi, I've always wanted to to an "a-thon" but was always busy when they were happening. I'll plan on this one. I always feel like stickers are taboo on my regular cards, but I've got some good ones to use. Some people are stuck on stickers, some are stuck up about stickers, but stick my name on the list and I'll stick around that weekend, sticking stickers.

KESagers
10-14-2010, 08:42 AM
I think you are stuck with us Spirit Soul!

dsign49
10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Here I got all these sticker and I might not get to play until Sunday.

One of the Grandaughter want to come down, because she doesn't have school Thursday and Friday. Can't say know to her. So If I have one I better ask the other one if she wants to come too. They are so precious and grow so fast and pretty soon they won.t want to come to the farm.

When Sara was little when you asked what her name was she would always say "Sara at the Farm".

She loves the cats.

will if I can't play I will be lurking when I get a chance.

Art By Camilla
10-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Here I got all these sticker and I might not get to play until Sunday.

One of the Grandaughter want to come down, because she doesn't have school Thursday and Friday. Can't say know to her. So If I have one I better ask the other one if she wants to come too. They are so precious and grow so fast and pretty soon they won.t want to come to the farm.

When Sara was little when you asked what her name was she would always say "Sara at the Farm".

She loves the cats.

will if I can't play I will be lurking when I get a chance.

Let the granddaughters make cards too! That's the beauty of stickers - they can be used by all ages. Cut up some scraps of various papers, get out the crayons, glue stick, and stickers, and hand them some blank cards. :)

dsign49
10-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Great idea Camilla. They might just enjoy that when they are not out seeing what cats they can catch.
Thanks.

Just Ducky
10-14-2010, 11:02 PM
hi Jill... yes, what Camilla suggested sounds like a good afternoon fun time with the grandaughters... I just might swing by and join in....

and Spirit Soul... now this is a soul after my own heart... we stickers got to stick together..
so many stickers... so little time..

KESagers.... how is kitty Calvin doing ???

now the POLL I put up to see if ya all would like to stick with us... dang thing is closed now... didn't see that I had a closing date... but that's ok.. we are a GO for this stick up marathon ....:jiggy:

Art By Camilla
10-15-2010, 07:34 AM
... we are a GO for this stick up marathon ....:jiggy:

Is there an official thread yet to join, and to post our results?

sniisk
10-15-2010, 12:12 PM
When this is decided to have, I recommend on to put the dates in the Calendar of Scheduled Media-A-Thons because there are going to be so many a-thons now and someone can arrange one at the same time. We don't want to have a competition between two a-thons, right?

KESagers
10-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Good idea Sniisk! Thanks for the reminder.

Dsign49 - I trade with children so I'll be on the lookout for art by your grands. :)

Calvin is healing well and so far he has been such a good boy. We are both tired of that collar but it's done it's job. Got my fingers crossed that it's gone on Monday!

dsign49
10-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks Kristin

Just Ducky
10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
yep... have requested to be posted in the Media A-Thon calendar
will be posting the Offical Sticker thread on Monday and then ya all can come and hang out till Fridays starting time... then get them stickers out and let the fun begin..:jiggy:

bluelotusflower
10-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Hey, I'm game. Some of my favorite stickers are vintage-looking butterfly stickers!

GG, those mice and door cards are fabulous! :yes:

Gerry
10-16-2010, 03:28 AM
oooh I will be in on this one, will have to get my pc up and running as I cant scan on my laptop. and I have some great duck stickers just right for a certain ducky I know..hehehe

sniisk
10-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I was wondering how much stickers there have to be in one ATC, inchie etc.? I'm trying to find some papers to match with my new stickers (thanks Kristin!) :).

lafaver55
10-16-2010, 10:30 AM
if people are sticking i will be sticking too

sniisk
10-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm looking for papers now and I'll put them in the order by colours. And then I'll put the stickers on the top of the piles. Then it's easier to start creating new week :).

KESagers
10-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes - I agree with Linnes - a single sticker qualifies. It will be fun to see all the different art we create with stickers.

Sniisk that's a great idea. If I have time this week I'm going to do that also.

KESagers
10-18-2010, 11:59 AM
The official thread is open! It's too soon to make our art but a good time to get organized. See ya'll at the new thread!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=807046#post807046

ICraft
10-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi, I've always wanted to to an "a-thon" but was always busy when they were happening. I'll plan on this one. I always feel like stickers are taboo on my regular cards, but I've got some good ones to use. Some people are stuck on stickers, some are stuck up about stickers, but stick my name on the list and I'll stick around that weekend, sticking stickers.

Haha - I love it Stuck up about stickers - that's a good one. You know there are the nice stickers and then there are the sticker stickers. I have some of both but I'm planning on using my nice stickers - I surely have plenty - the other ones make for good art projects for the grandkids.

ICraft
10-18-2010, 02:56 PM
The official thread is open! It's too soon to make our art but a good time to get organized. See ya'll at the new thread!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=807046#post807046

Get organized - what a great plan - never would have thought of that one - hmmm - you think that will help me make more than 2 or 3 cards over an entire weekend? heehee

KESagers
10-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Let's just say "organized" is a dream of mine.

Just Ducky
10-18-2010, 09:21 PM
organizzed ??? you nuts ??? I can't even spell it let alone do/be it...
and already Ducky is waddleing around my unorganized craftyroom with stickers stuck all over him... sure can get a lot of stickers on them big ol' web feet... gonna have to stick him in a corner till Friday...

so OK... I guess I will close this thread and lets all move over to the OFFICAL Sticker A-THON.... count down begins. NOW.. the new link is below....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17140