PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL 10-10-10 A Thon Thread

RobbyGirl
10-09-2010, 05:54 AM
We're starting 12:00am Sunday OCT 10(your time zone) and going to 11:59pm Sunday OCT 10 (your time zone). So you need to stay up late Saturday night, start at midnight and go 24 hours until midnight Sunday. Well okay, you can get some sleep in there if you absolutely must.

All Mediums, all types of Art but the general theme is 10, be it the number 10 or 10 items etc.

All you need to do to participate is create some Number 10 themed art. It can be ATC's, 4x4 pages (chunky or not) inchies, twinchies, journal pages... whatever art strikes you on the theme.

And it's whatever media you choose: hand drawn, painted, collage, mixed media...

Make your art, post to the thread (or tell us it's in your gallery) make trades, have fun!

If you wish to make a trade, please pm to make arrangements. Please DO NOT post to the thread, it makes it too confusing.

Compliments are cool, and remember you can do it by clicking the "you rock" button too!

Once you make a trade, please mail within 2 weeks. If you are running late, COMMUNICATE!

dsign49
10-09-2010, 06:59 AM
I am going to try and do some RobbyGirl.

HHC
10-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I'll try to be here... :D

adifferentstory
10-09-2010, 10:09 AM
My signature is LT10. Does that count?

bluelotusflower
10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Oh gosh, I just asked if there were any more a-thons happening. Unfortunately I'm tied up with work Sunday afternoon and evening. I'll see if I can make one card (not ten!) in the time I have.

minnkel
10-09-2010, 12:02 PM
OK...."offcially" signing on! Don't TOTALLY understand the "rules" but it sounds like great fun anyway. Never done one of these so any help to understand would be greatly appreciated!:jiggy:

RobbyGirl
10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Minnkel, Super simple you have from Midnight to Midnight in your time zone to create as much or as little art related to the theme as you would like. You post your work here in the thread to share and PM with others to trade. The trading during a-thons is generally really rapid so if you see something you like pm quickly :) Have fun and feel free to ask questions as you go! I'm so glad you've joined us but be warned a-thons are extremely addictive!

HotMamaRama
10-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Great A-thon idea Robin!! I will see if I can't make at least a journal page with the 10 theme!!! Maybe an ATC or 10! :D

wildholly
10-09-2010, 12:20 PM
lurking robby but may jump in too.

Wil Opio Oguta
10-09-2010, 12:41 PM
You guys have a bad influence on me :-)) I'll sign on as well. Don't have any idea at the moment what I will make, but I am hooked

RobbyGirl
10-09-2010, 12:46 PM
I just adore all you A Thon Addicts Woot! Since we are on such a short schedule I'm not adverse to a pretty serious prep work :) So getting a healthy start is okay on this one just don't completely finish and post until your deadline :)

ginabee
10-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks Robin for giving us a head start!!

minnkel
10-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Minnkel, Super simple you have from Midnight to Midnight in your time zone to create as much or as little art related to the theme as you would like. You post your work here in the thread to share and PM with others to trade. The trading during a-thons is generally really rapid so if you see something you like pm quickly :) Have fun and feel free to ask questions as you go! I'm so glad you've joined us but be warned a-thons are extremely addictive!

Ahhhhhh now I get it..... OK, so I can be very very glad there is not a Vikings football game on tomorrow!!! (they play Monday night this week!!) AND....my double comfy chair in my studio makes into a twin bed so in case I crash and burn I don't have far to go for a quick nap! Good thing I'm going out today to take some photos and not tomorrow! Drive time today will probably be with sketch book in hand and brain churning!!

See you guys at midnight CST!!

minnkel
10-09-2010, 01:12 PM
You guys have a bad influence on me :-)) I'll sign on as well. Don't have any idea at the moment what I will make, but I am hooked

BWWAAAHHHAAHHHAAA!!!!!

RobbyGirl
10-09-2010, 01:25 PM
My Desk is a disaster and my gallery is full so it's clean up time for me so I have a place to create and a place to post. Thanks to all these a thons my available gallery is woefully empty...you can hear an echo*hellllooooo***

minnkel
10-09-2010, 01:29 PM
One last question (well....maybe last)

Can we start making the ATCs now or do we actually have to wait to MAKE them starting at midnight?????

RobbyGirl
10-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Typically we don't start creating until the actual start time but prep work on backgrounds, and cutting out images etc is okay.

In the very special case I'm okay with people actually starting their cards today because 24 hours is a very short a thon and hard to produce work, especially if you're a sloooow creator like me.

So go ahead and get started but don't complete anything or post until midnight in your time zone and remember these special rules are only for this a thon. Other a thons are at the discretion of the host and I don't want to start a chorus of dissent or bad habits...LOL!

Theresagram
10-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Have to work most of the day, but I'll be watching. Maybe I can make one after I get home.

HHC
10-09-2010, 11:20 PM
So I'm trying to think of themes around "10"... besides 10 black birds (lol) and my brain is too tired to figure any out tonight. I'll work on some backgrounds and see what happens.

Oh! I just had an idea! Now if I can only find what I think I have here somewhere... *she runs off to dig through the collage fodder drawer.*

Just Ducky
10-09-2010, 11:23 PM
oh ... almost forgot this... trying to figure out how to get 10 of anything on this tiny card...
was thinking ... this is gonna be easy... now thinking... not as easy as I thought... but working on an idea or 2... make that 10...

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 12:00 AM
I've been browsing the net and going through my books looking for interesting numbers to put number 10's on my cards.

dmnh
10-10-2010, 12:47 AM
My company never showed up so I'm free for the next 24 hours (and then some, probably.) I will need a snooze somewhere in there, but I have blanks, markers and ideas galore in my head...let's see how long the muse sticks around!

I have 15 minutes before this officially begins for me so I'm going to go make a pot of coffee and settle in for a couple hours of drawing time! I shall return!

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Have fun Donna! Looking forward to your art!

HHC
10-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Less than two hours for me, but I won't make it 'til the clock strikes 12. Actually... shouldn't we be starting at 10:00 instead? Get it? 10? heeheehee!

Okay, I need to get some sleep, apparently. Not that it will particularly improve my wonky humor... :D

minnkel
10-10-2010, 01:20 AM
OK, I'm here! It's been an interesting evening so far. Might tell you about it if I'm still up later and running out of "10" ideas! I have my first ATC ready, just need to set up the camera and get it posted. Do we post to our gallery and then the thumbnail in the thread as usual? Don't have too much fun while I go do the photography thing......!!

Miss Iowa
10-10-2010, 01:41 AM
I don't know if I'll be able to play tomorrow due to many household chores that MUST get done (including raking as many leaves as I can before Monday's pickup), but I was able to throw together one card tonight. I've posted this in my gallery.

Edited: This has been traded.

dmnh
10-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Very pretty, Miss Iowa!

Alrighty! The muse cooperated so I have 2 ATCs to offer at the moment. You won't find them in my gallery...just here. I went the literal route with the number 10.....
If anyone wants one of these (or anything else in my available gallery if you care to go take a look over there) just shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you ASAP!

10 Tree Forest
Ten Gold Fishes

minnkel
10-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Most of the ones I have out and am working on are bit different so I hope they are acceptable! So, here goes! Further description in my gallery. It is titled: Say What?? The words are the number TEN in many different languages.

Wil Opio Oguta
10-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Here are my first one's. I am ambitious and will try to make 10 today. Let's see how far I get;)

mrubyjean
10-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Great cards ~ terrific ideas!

Maybe I'll dream about 10s tonight and wake up inspired in the morning!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Now for the next one.....I love the colors of Jackson Pollock's Number 10 and it seemed appropriate to do "my take" on it! It's titled: KH number 10 (I know....really original!) If you haven't seen Mr. Pollock's number 10...here is a link. http://www.art.com/asp/View_HighZoomResPop.asp?apn=10123185&imgloc=9-929-Z000XWWN.jpg&imgwidth=1557&imgheight=385

dmnh
10-10-2010, 02:27 AM
I need to go get rid of some attachements.....

Here's some kitties!
PM me if you're interested!
I might have more....I don't know.
Love the diversity of how we're all interpreting the number 10!

Ten Little KittensTraded

sniisk
10-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Let's see if I can make something...

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Oh wow wonderful start everyone! I was sound asleep but now it's midnight and thanks to my sleepwalking child, I am wide awake and a bit freaked out!! Might as well do some art!!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Here are my first one's. I am ambitious and will try to make 10 today. Let's see how far I get;)

MATH!!!!! Think these could help me with my number skills? Or is that hopeless....?:unsure:

Love the blue one....looks like water in the background!

sniisk
10-10-2010, 03:05 AM
Most of the ones I have out and am working on are bit different so I hope they are acceptable! So, here goes! Further description in my gallery. It is titled: Say What?? The words are the number TEN in many different languages.

I didn't find there any of those languages I know (exept English) :laugh:.

Dix (French)
Tio (Swedish)
Kymmenen (Finnish)
Desmit (Latvian)

minnkel
10-10-2010, 03:33 AM
I didn't find there any of those languages I know (exept English) :laugh:.

Dix (French)
Tio (Swedish)
Kymmenen (Finnish)
Desmit (Latvian)

LOL!! Let's see if I can find them again....
tjoon/Frisian tien/supposed to be Dutch ti/Norwegian decem/Latin
dekm/PIE (obscure yes, but just loved the PIE thingie! Proto-Indo-European) zegan/Cimbrian (Ger) dijh/Walloon (Fr) zehn/Alsatian
puu/Mende fukka/Wolof blabwe/Basa
The little house looking symbol is Mandarin and the underlined plus sign is Japanese

At least those are the ones as I found them on the internet!

dmnh
10-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Here's some more kitties!
It is a challenge to get ten kitties on one ATC.
If you're interested shoot me off a PM and let me know the title of the card/s you've got your eyes on!

Not sure if I'm done for the night or not...it's all up to the muse!
Happy 10!

Lap of Luxury

sniisk
10-10-2010, 03:42 AM
LOL!! Let's see if I can find them again....
tjoon/Frisian tien/supposed to be Dutch ti/Norwegian decem/Latin
dekm/PIE (obscure yes, but just loved the PIE thingie! Proto-Indo-European) zegan/Cimbrian (Ger) dijh/Walloon (Fr) zehn/Alsatian
puu/Mende fukka/Wolof blabwe/Basa
The little house looking symbol is Mandarin and the underlined plus sign is Japanese

At least those are the ones as I found them on the internet!

I just wanted to give you some more words if you want to use them. You already have a good number of them!

Wil Opio Oguta
10-10-2010, 03:44 AM
MATH!!!!! Think these could help me with my number skills? Or is that hopeless....?:unsure:

Love the blue one....looks like water in the background!

You know your math skills as well as I do. In other words: Hopeless :D

Wil Opio Oguta
10-10-2010, 04:15 AM
The blue atc I posted earlier (7+3=10) is not anymore available. Attached are 3 other ones I made this morning. I am now halfway, so it is time to take breakfast. Be back later.:jiggy:

minnkel
10-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Yep, Wil...I'm afraid you are so right! But those are the neatest "flash cards" I've ever seen. Perhaps if I'd had them in school my math would be so much better!!

Just completed the third card so far. While I was sifting through my button stash for another swap I was amazed to find that the time on this little clock button is..... 10:10!!! Ya gotta love serendipity! The title is: Tick Tock Tick Tock

dmnh
10-10-2010, 04:29 AM
Love tick tock!
This is such a cool idea for an athon! I'm glad my muse agreed to participate!
I've gone from trees to fishes to kitties to ......Carrots.

Let me know if this one interests you!
The Ten Little Kittens has traded but the Lap of Luxury is still available (so long as you're a cat!)

Carrots TRADED

dmnh
10-10-2010, 04:32 AM
It is 3:30 a.m. for me. Time for a snooze! I'll be back in the morning if the muse is still willing. Can't wait to see what you all come up with while I'm gone!
Nighty night all! Happy creating 10~!

sniisk
10-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Good night Donna!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Sleep well Donna! See you later!

Here's the fourth one. Title: Business As Usual. #10 envelopes are also referred to as business size envelopes. The background is a postal card. Other layers are - a paint chip whose color number is 1010, the flap from a #10 envelope and part of a box of #10 envelopes.

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Wow you are all a 10 in my book. I've got some done, going to sleep for a bit. Will post in the a.m.

minnkel
10-10-2010, 05:39 AM
After staring at the next card for a few minutes and no thoughts even budged in my head....I think I'm off to grab an hour or so until my sweetie wakes me up at 6am for coffee. Don't worry....I already asked him to hook me up on his laptop so I could keep up with what you guys are posting while I try to revive on strong coffee!

I'm outta here for a bit. :sleep: Check you all later!

sniisk
10-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Here are my first cards. I don't know if I'm making more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_40.jpg 10 Leaves I

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_45.jpg 10 Leaves II

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Here's a Chunky Page before I hit the hay for a couple hours of much needed sleep! I have a cute Skullie Dangle to add

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Chunky_10_Skellie.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=181877)

Wil Opio Oguta
10-10-2010, 07:48 AM
And here are 2 more atc's making my total 7 :jiggy:

minnkel
10-10-2010, 09:13 AM
And here are 2 more atc's making my total 7 :jiggy:

LOL! love the toes one. I took a photo for a toes one yesterday. I'll get it done later and posted. You know what they say about great minds!!!

Wil Opio Oguta
10-10-2010, 09:37 AM
And 3 more atc's make 10!! I admit not all of them are as strong, but in general I am happy with them. By the way 10 little toes has been traded.

GALZART
10-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Well, I did one...which is my usual contribution.
I may be back later.http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/322/medium/1_101010_ATHON_Spooky.jpg

minnkel
10-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Halfway there now with the fifth one. Title: 10c A Dance. During the 1920s and '30s, patrons in a dance hall would typically buy dance tickets for ten cents each, giving rise to the term "dime-a-dance girl".

Tick Tock has been traded.

KESagers
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Lurking . . . really wonderful art! Such a great idea for an "athon"!

ginabee
10-10-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/363/medium/1_hit_the_hay_by_10pm_chunky_WEB.jpgI made a chunky..
Hit the Hay by 10 PM TRADED

minnkel
10-10-2010, 11:58 AM
And number six is now done and posted. Title: The Domino Effect

The domino effect makes me think of my very first ATC.....the first "domino". I think most of you can figure out what the "effect" part is....

Wil Opio Oguta
10-10-2010, 12:00 PM
And number six is now done and posted. Title: The Domino Effect

The domino effect makes me think of my very first ATC.....the first "domino". I think most of you can figure out what the "effect" part is....

Gorgeous!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 12:05 PM
The Domino Effect is taken.

HHC
10-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Good morning! Well... two of my ideas have been used before I got up and creating. Let's see what I can do that's original too... after I finish this cup of tea.

sniisk
10-10-2010, 12:09 PM
The Domino Effect is taken.

You can edit your post where you have your card and write for example TRADED there :).

minnkel
10-10-2010, 12:16 PM
You can edit your post where you have your card and write for example TRADED there :).

I just popped over to the gallery to do that. Are we not supposed to post here when they are taken? Sorry. My first a-thon and all. I'll catch on eventually. LOL!!

sniisk
10-10-2010, 12:19 PM
I just popped over to the gallery to do that. Are we not supposed to post here when they are taken? Sorry. My first a-thon and all. I'll catch on eventually. LOL!!

Of course you can say it here :yes:. I just meant that you can edit you original post here in the thread and write there "Traded" when the card is traded. I helps other players here because someone can see you card and send a PM to you and not read all the messages after that. Got the point :)?

minnkel
10-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Yep! I'm now on the right page!

dsign49
10-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Great art so far. It really is to nice to be inside right now. I will try and make some later.

ginabee
10-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Great variety of cards and styles, so fun to thon with you all!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 12:51 PM
OK, here's the seventh one. Title: This Little Piggy

Remember that game you play with your children's/grandchildren's toes? This Little Piggy went to market...... This one has a double meaning for me. The photo is of my older granddaughter's toes (she's 3)....her nickname is PIGGY!!

Now, I'm off to take a lunch break! I'll be back soon!

wildholly
10-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Well, I am a late starter but here is one offering for a chuckle...:twitcy:

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Super Cards Everyone! Here are a couple from me

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_10_Fish.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_10_Fish.jpg) 10 Fish

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_10_Bird.jpg

(http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=181952) 10 Bird

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm off for a tennis match, can't wait to get back and see more wonderful cards!

Just Ducky
10-10-2010, 01:19 PM
The DUCK is finally in the room... so dang pretty outside today, hard to lock myself in
my really really messy crafty room... but you guys are doing so super I just gotta join in the fun...

so I working a few and hope to pop back soon....

wildholly
10-10-2010, 01:22 PM
GOOOOODUCKS!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, I am a late starter but here is one offering for a chuckle...:twitcy:

ROFLOL!! A woman after my own heart! The first thing to come off when I get home is the bra....often even before the shoes!

Miss Iowa
10-10-2010, 02:05 PM
ROFLOL!! A woman after my own heart! The first thing to come off when I get home is the bra....often even before the shoes!

:shocked:

I have too big a window right inside the door to do that. And a Lutheran church with a clean view of said window. LOL!

theweavershand
10-10-2010, 02:06 PM
no way ill get anything done today but great idea, Robin!

Miss Iowa
10-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Aww man! I hate having to do chores when there is so much art to create!

But the leaves in the front yard have been raked and the car has been vacuumed out. I feel good about that. I just need to wash the car and work on the leaves in the backyard, and then I can play. I have a couple of ideas that haven't appeared yet (so nobody read my mind and steal them, 'kay?!) :eek:

minnkel
10-10-2010, 02:15 PM
And the eighth one is DONE! Title: Know When To Hold 'Em

Now I can't seem to get Kenny Rogers out of my head!! But hey, how could a Texas girl NOT do a Texas Hold 'Em card??? Dang straight!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 02:18 PM
:shocked:

I have too big a window right inside the door to do that. And a Lutheran church with a clean view of said window. LOL!

Well, that has to be the best excuse I've EVER heard!! You are a wise woman Miss Iowa!!

If you want though, I can tell you how I take mine off without even taking my shirt off first!! Then the Lutherans need not know a thing!;)

Just Ducky
10-10-2010, 02:23 PM
well nuts... now I am hummin' right along with ya... "till the game is done"

and Miss Iowa... I doing the same as you today... wash and lots of rakin' and the trees don't look like anything has fallen.......:(

Miss Iowa
10-10-2010, 02:26 PM
I knew I had a picture looking out my back door of the church across the road! This also happens to be a picture of the car that landed in our back yard 2 winters ago. I don't think the driver was coming out of the church, but the way the car is positioned it looks as if he backed straight out of the church driveway into our yard. (Dumb college student driving too fast on a snowy day.)

GALZART
10-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Card #2....probably my limit for the day

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/322/medium/1_101010_TEN.jpg

dmnh
10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Lots of cool art was made while I snoozed!
I need to make a pot of coffee and get woke up a bit and then I will return with some more cards of 10!

Just Ducky
10-10-2010, 04:16 PM
what a fun and quirky thon..day... it's a solid 10...
got 3 done.. hoping for a few more before my midnight hour....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_10-10___1.jpg # 1 ( 2 bunnies will be 10 ) TRADED...(thank you)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_10-10____2.jpg # 2 ( 10 day of 10 month of 2010 year )

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_10-10____3.jpg # 3 ( got my ducks in a row.. kinda ) TRADED...THAnk you....

lafaver55
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Coming on late but I have to see what I can do...

minnkel
10-10-2010, 04:22 PM
And nearing the end.....the ninth card is done! Title: 10 in Braille

Had heard about this technique on making Braille somewhere that had nothing to do with art. But today it seemed to be calling out to join the party. I made indentations from the backside of the card so you can feel the raised dots on the front side. Then, I used a toothpick and E6000 and just put small "balls" of glue in the indentations on the back of the card. Let it dry and mounted it onto a backing. I also colored the raised dots so they would show up.

lafaver55
10-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Ten hearts

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
You guys are rockin it ! Here's another from me!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_10_Butterfly.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=181988) 10 Butterfly

lafaver55
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Ten Gold Circles a thon is in the gallery

dmnh
10-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I seem to be stuck on kitties at the moment! Here are 10 kitties
In The Green Room.

If you're interested, please shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you!
Thanks!

In The Green RoomTRADED

lafaver55
10-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Ten Easter Eggs in the gallery

mara
10-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I've only come up with one so far, but it is now posted to the gallery.

minnkel
10-10-2010, 05:23 PM
And finally at last! .... the TENTH card! Title: Dime Daisies

Inspired by the saying "A Dime A Dozen"and well.....daisies just seem to fit. Kind of a Liza feel from My Fair Lady. AND this one comes with a bonus...a REAL DIME!! Just don't plan to spend it too soon....it is on with E6000!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm off to make dinner! I'll check back in afterwards!

akunzel
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Here's one, 10 Little Indians:

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_10_Decaplets.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=182002) Decaplets or should I say DeCATlets

dsign49
10-10-2010, 06:15 PM
I have finish 3:
5471810 ducks
5471910 flower bursts
5472010 foot prints

mrubyjean
10-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Everyone's cards are so much fun!!

Working to finish up a swap...and my imagination for "10" is failing me...but I love seeing what folks are coming up with ~ thanks!

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks for coming by Martha!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_10_10_PM.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=182003) 10:10 Pm

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Way to go you people who got 10 cards done!! :notworthy:

I'm toast, my 2 hours of sleep is catching up. I'm going to take a nap and then hopefully get a couple more cards done before the deadline! Thanks for sharing this day with me!

Just Ducky
10-10-2010, 07:20 PM
slow duck steps today... ( well everyday really) this is my 4th..) just might get to # 5 after dinner..

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_10-10____4.jpg # 4.. counting fingers and toes .... TRADED (thank you)

wildholly
10-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Thats a sweet card ducky. :-)

Here's another---

Miss Iowa
10-10-2010, 07:52 PM
baaaa haaaa wildholly!! You are certainly living up to your name today. :lol:

Is anyone going to be here for the next couple of hours (central, mountain, pacific time and points west or south)? I finally have all my chores done, ate, took a shower (I know you all appreciate that I did that--whew! LOL!), and am ready to sit down and MAKE SOMETHING. Be back soon.

lkastello
10-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Great 10-10-10 cards people!!!

HotMamaRama
10-10-2010, 08:37 PM
You all are rocking the 10-10-10 Athon! I did sketch out a two page spread in my art journal this morning, but I have been real busy all afternoon and haven't got to color it yet. I am hoping to at least get it colored and close to finished to share here this evening. Keep on Rocking the Big 10 All!

dmnh
10-10-2010, 08:38 PM
It has rained at my house since I last posted. I guess the rain brought out the muse cause there was not a thing coming from her there for awhile! It only rained 'about ten drops of rain' when it did rain!

If anyone is interested please shoot me off a PM and I will get back with you!

Ten Drops of Rain

Just Ducky
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
well Miss Iowa... I a bit north and east of ya, but I sure am hanging around for awhile yet... have to turn this play toy off tho... or I will never turn around and try for a
couple more cards...

donna... 10 rain drops.. we had that the other day, too awhile to make it to your house..

HHC
10-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Here's the one I have finished. Made with decorative Halloween papers. I have ideas for a couple more but took out a few hours for our local art group Halloween Party and then went out for a bit with my hubby.
Here's 10-10-10.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_10-10-10.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=182035)

Miss Iowa
10-10-2010, 09:49 PM
This may be my last card, as my beloved Mad Men starts in 10 minutes and it's not the type of show one can multi-task to. But I do have one more idea that hasn't shown up yet, so maybe I'll get it squeezed in before midnight.

Ten O'Clock Scholar has been posted in my gallery.

This has been traded (twice!)

bluelotusflower
10-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Okay, fellow a-thon-istas, I've uploaded some 10 cards in my gallery. Had work today, so only made a couple of cards.

Both TRADED

Cherie
10-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Here are two tens completed:

RobbyGirl
10-10-2010, 10:52 PM
So nice to see a few more people joining us! Great cards everyone!

jensaz
10-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I only got TWO done today.. Thank you for hosting RobbyGirl!!!

54733 - 10 flowers - Available

54734 - "TIMES TEN" - Traded - thank you!

Just Ducky
10-10-2010, 11:10 PM
the last for the Duck... # 5 ... and guessin' this is it fer the both of us.. fun 10 times over...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_10-10-___5.jpg # 5... only 10 cents per pound... TRADED (thank you)

dmnh
10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm afraid I've worn my muse out this weekend! Thanks to everyone who traded with me and thanks especially to Robby for giving us the chance to make a bunch of TENS today so we could trade! It's been a splendid Sunday. Glad to spend it with you all!
Everyone have a great week ahead!

minnkel
10-10-2010, 11:15 PM
here it is!! 10:10 on 10-10-10!!!!!!! Thanks for such a fun day, RobbyGirl! It was a hoot! I'm exhausted and only two hours of sleep is catching up with me. I'm off to bed!! Those of you on the west coast - have a wonderful rest of the evening. It was great fun to play with you these past hours! Wonderfully fun cards, too! Hope I'll see you guys around at AFA again some time!

Theresagram
10-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Well, I missed it. I'm home from work, showered, had dinner and now I'm too pooped to pop. LOL Lots of cool cards!

This morning I did a treatment at 10:10 on 10-10-10 When I charted that it made me giggle.

dsign49
10-10-2010, 11:29 PM
4 more from me:
5473910 falling leaves
5474010 snowflakes
5474210 strips glued "Crazy"
54741Halloween 2010

Theresagram
10-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Um, 11 snowflakes. ;) Teehee Nice cards. Love the last one!

bluelotusflower
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm home from work, showered, had dinner and now I'm too pooped to pop.

Theresagram, you aren't too pooped to count snowflakes! OMG, YOU'RE RIGHT!!!! :swoon:

dsign49
10-10-2010, 11:41 PM
There are 11 miss counted. Can't remove the extra one it is glued for life.

HHC
10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Bluelotus, I love your playing card birds... reminds me I was going to make some for someone special.

And great cards everyone! Not sure I'll get any more done tonight... although I do still have a few hours.

Theresagram
10-10-2010, 11:45 PM
There are 11 miss counted. Can't remove the extra one it is glued for life.

No problem...call it 10+1!! :D

Miss Iowa
10-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Um, 11 snowflakes. ;) Teehee

Bless your heart. ;) I hate when that happens!

bluelotusflower
10-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks, Robby, for hosting the 10-10-10 a-thon! Wish I could have played more. The cards produced today were wonderful. We Eastcoasters only have 5 more minutes before the bewitching hour. Thanks for the fun (but limited) time! :laugh:

Just Ducky
10-11-2010, 12:12 AM
big big thanks to Robby for such a fun 10-10-10 what a way to spend a once in a lifetime day... had fun... made cards... traded ... meet and traded with 3 new gals.. and that's always a bonus...
so now my bewitching hour is here... so you westies have fun... and catch with ya all later....

Miss Iowa
10-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks everyone for a fun -athon, one we won't be able to hold again for a looooong time. :twitcy: I enjoyed seeing everyone's interpretation of the theme and appreciate the trades.

Special thanks to Robby for hosting! This was a great idea.

It's not quite midnight for me but I am beat and just can't fathom doing anything more tonight except crawling into bed. Nighty-night!

HHC
10-11-2010, 12:24 AM
It will be one year, one month and one day before we can hold the 11-11-11 a-thon. :laugh:

adifferentstory
10-11-2010, 05:58 AM
I was working on ATC's all day yesterday but never got a chance to scan them. I've done 14 for the swap and the number 10 is in my signature (LT10). I'm going to scan and put them in my gallery now so if anyone wants to trade just pm me.

Joss
10-11-2010, 06:42 AM
aaaaw geeee, i didn't get back in time, had my little sweetie granddaughter for the weekend, and by the time we took her home last night, was too pooped to do anything but lie down in a dark room! fabulous cards everyone, way to go!!!sorry robby baybee.
i will have to wait a whole year for the 11-11-11 a thon lol.

HotMamaRama
10-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Wish I could have posted something, you all seem to have had a great time!! I did get the first few layers of color added to the journal page, but it's not done yet. Maybe I'll get it finished and still post it for you anyway. :)

RobbyGirl
10-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Thank you all again for playing and making such wonderful cards! Thanks to the few I traded with! I'm sorry that I didn't have the time to jump on some of the fabulous cards you all made, I ended up much more distracted yesterday then I expected! There was lots of beautiful work!

A special thanks to our first timers for participating with such enthusiasm!! I think we'll have to do an 11-11-11 a thon!

wildholly
10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
hahahaha...I never participated in an "ATHON" before Robby...maybe I'll be more prepared by 11-11-11 LMAO!
It was all fun! thank you--don't know how you can manage to put in all those hours though.

Wil Opio Oguta
10-11-2010, 01:20 PM
It was fun to do this athon - my first :-). Thanks Robby for organising this - and Kelly for pointing it out to me.

Cherie
10-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I had some trouble uploading my cards to my gallery in time. But they are still available if anyone is still interested. Everyone's cards turned out super! Keep up the good work all!

jaw
10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Busy, busy day, but I actually drew a few ~ one of which, I finished at 10:10pm on 10-10-10! haven't had a chance to upload yet ... it was fun to check in and see what was created!

RobbyGirl
10-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Can't wait to see JAW!

RobbyGirl
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I apologize but my returns on this will not go out till next Tuesday. We found out this week that our Son has to have surgery unexpectedly and it's thrown us for a bit of a loop. Surgery is on Monday and if all goes well and he is resting quietly on Tuesday I'll get returns out then. I sure appreciate your patience!

bluelotusflower
10-15-2010, 08:43 PM
My thoughts are with you and your son. All my best to him and the whole family. Cards can wait!!

Just Ducky
10-15-2010, 09:33 PM
yes Robin... take care of you and your son... mailing is not the important thing for you right now, and we all understand... loving wishes to your son....

sniisk
10-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Robin, I hope everything goes well!

minnkel
10-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey girl! Don't even think about it again! You take care of your son and family. I doubt any of us minds waiting however long you need. So keep us posted about your son as you get a chance.

jaw
10-17-2010, 02:01 PM
finally getting the only cards I did last Sunday posted ...
Catalina Madelina ....
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/10_whimsy_001.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/9_whimsy_002.jpg