PDA

View Full Version : LIST: Christmas Gift Swap

adifferentstory
10-14-2010, 04:16 AM
Christmas is just around the corner. You may be thinking of what to give family and friends or you may just want a gift for yourself. This is a thread for trading handmade gifts for other handmade gifts.

Post your wants on here and pictures of handmade gifts you have to trade or examples of things you can make or a good description of things you can make. If you like something you see pm the person to arrange a trade. Also arrange a deadline for mailing out between yourselves.

To be fair only trade for items of a similar value and similar amount of time it takes to make. Of course that is going to be really hard to judge but you should be able to get a vague idea. Once the trade has been agreed on please go through with the trade as it's not fair if someone doesn't receive something and will earn you negative itrader.

Some gift ideas:
jewelry is very fun and can be small
handmade journals
ornaments of various kinds
small stuffed toys and items
wall art items
pillow cases
kitchen towels and potholders (maybe like sew designs on, embroider)
picture frames
photo books
Scarves and hats-other knitted/crochet items
Little sewn items (purse, apron, headband...)
Personalized/hand-made stationary
Photography
Hair accessories (hair pin, head band...)
Pottery/ceramics (maybe tiny change bowl, mug, key chain ornament...)
Handmade Postcards-blank for sending? (mixed media, hand painted, photography...)
Soap
Candles
Keychains
pincushions
all purpose note cards
Dotee dolls
coin/change purses
eyeglass/sunglass/readers - holder
totebags
small decorative quilt blocks
small canvas

adifferentstory
10-14-2010, 04:36 AM
I'll start off.

I have absolutely loads of handmade jewellery, too much to list or post pictures of. I there are types and colours of jewellery you are looking for then contact me with an idea of what you are looking for and i'll take some pics for you to see.

I have silver plated, sterling silver and copper jewellery. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings. Wire work, beaded jewellery and microscope slide pendants. Gemstone, natural stone, glass beads, crystal beads, freshwater pearls, coral and wood beads. Jewellery made from metal washers, rubber washers and rubber o-rings.

1 Art Lady
10-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Still hoping that I will have some time to get things done. I have some swaps to finish first and then I will try to be back!

adifferentstory
10-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Great 1 Art Lady

rkolig
10-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I have alot of silver jewelry. I'll get some out and post pics.

adifferentstory
10-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Oooh great Mary. Perhaps we can trade something.

adifferentstory
10-16-2010, 06:56 AM
A journal approx 6 x 4 inches in size. 8 inner pages made from 250gm watercolour paper. - Traded

adifferentstory
10-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Journal/Notebook - approx 3.5 x 3.5 inches. Cover made from grunge paper and fastened with a hitch fastener which screws on. 20 inner pages made from 100g paper. There is space left at the top for me to add a vintage wooden scrabble tile. Letter of your choice. I have most letters of the alphabet. -[COLOR="Navy"][B] (Quote post #8)

adifferentstory
10-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Hanging Sign Journal/Notebook - . 2 x 4 inch. Covers made from grunge paper. 10 inner pages made from 250 gm watercolour paper. Fastened with a hitch fastener which screws on - Traded

adifferentstory
10-21-2010, 07:26 AM
A painting would be lovely. I'll pm you.

momoruth
10-22-2010, 12:50 AM
I would like anything you make in return...I have cajun alphabets letters on approx. 8x 11 ready to hang letters a-z..painted with acrylics, Louisiana themed painted oyster shell ornaments, wooden back scratchers, handpainted wooden signs taht can be personalized and can special make specific theme, hand made tassels, tassel angel ornaments

momoruth
10-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Hanging Sign Journal/Notebook - . 2 x 4 inch. Covers made from grunge paper. 10 inner pages made from 250 gm watercolour paper. Fastened with a hitch fastener which screws on - Available (Quote post #9)

I would like this..let me know what you may like in return

momoruth
10-22-2010, 12:53 AM
I have lots of handmade bows and hair clips

adifferentstory
10-22-2010, 01:39 AM
I'll pm you momoruth

theweavershand
10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
this looks really interesting. ill have to see what i have to offer and get back to you.

cdraz/ceedee
10-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Anybody interested in hats?? (sorry if this is the wrong place, Lynne)

adifferentstory
10-27-2010, 12:36 AM
It's the right place cd.