PDA

View Full Version : Official Catch-Up-a-thon Nov 5-7

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Got something that needs finishing? Swap cards due? Projects piling up?

This is the Official Catch-Up-a-thon!! All this weekend Nov 5-7 we're going to be working on anything that need finishing. Or even if you haven't started something. Work on stuff for yourself or stuff for trade. Whatever needs creating!

Rules: Have fun!

So get working on your projects, chat, share if you can and play!

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I have a couple of atc's I'm going to try working on. And maybe do some journaling.

Art By Camilla
11-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I'll be trying to find my muse for some swaps, and doing some exercises from Collage Lab book. And maybe practice some Zentangles, too, if I can fit them in! They can be squeezed into tiny spaces of time while waiting for things to dry, etc. :)

sniisk
11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh dear, I need to finish the loundry, vacuum cleaning etc. You mean art things, right? That would sound a lot more fun!

I had a terrible busy week at work. Five days, 11 hours per day. The weekend will be totally free for crafting.

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Hello Camilla and Sanna!! Glad you'll be here!!

Cat's Cradle
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I'll be working on Zentangle swap cards, swap charms, and Halloween swap chunkies this weekend!

I also have a couple of MMH cards to work on, so those will get worked on as well.

GALZART
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Oh, I'll certainly try to be there...I have a partially finished TK card, (coming your way when it's finished)...can I also cut some fabric? I have a couple hundred 4" BW squares to cut....oh, and I have so many 'naked' backs that need something.

Cat's Cradle
11-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Got this finished today for the Nativity Triptych swap:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6154/small/1_nativity.jpg

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey Cat, Gail & Linnes!! Glad to have you all here!!!

Great triptych Cat!! Love the colors!

Gail, you can work on anything that needs working on!! :jiggy: And what a coincedence...I'm working on a TK card for you!!! LOL

Linnes hope to see you back on Sunday!

bridgetgethins
11-05-2010, 03:43 PM
And me too! I have some "Holiday" whoo-ha-ha-ha to work on. It is all locked up in the brain- and now I shake and rain down on...my art supplies- they will grow into some art-fart (excuse me) lucky you all are not here- see many reasons for cyper-art land.

calluna
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I have some cross-stitch christmas tree ornaments I need to work on, all of which are based on the movie "A Christmas Story". (:

Rogue Gal
11-05-2010, 05:34 PM
What a great idea! I have a couple of MMH things to make, a couple of chunky pages I owe someone, and my pages for the Halloween Chunky Swap. I'll see what I can get finished...

Oh Sanna, what a long work week you had! It's definately time for you to play!

Penlowe
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Man did I need this!
I too have laundry to do, but laundry and art go well together; put in a load, draw some, paint some, switch loads while stuff dries, etc.

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Woohoo!! Glad to see you all here!! Hopefully we'll all get caught up on a few things! :)

bridgetgethins
11-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I am on the couch with my portable art table and here I go--early this evening I did a walk through for this Benefit my husband designs every year- Children's Hospital Ball- it is huge undertaking- very inspiring and great cause-Americana was the theme this year- I say all this...they had a retro diner- and they created diner food out of flowers!! so coool wish I had a camera- cakes, pies, ice cream and such.
Now me...first my beads are at work- can't say what though. 12 days of festvius!

dmnh
11-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I will be working on ATCs for the 365 Project cause I'm like way behind again! I'll show you all what I come up with in that endeavor and if you all want to trade...all the ATCs I'll be working on will be for trade!
Now, to get busy ......

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey Donna!!! Glad to have you here!!

Bridget...wish you'd gotta pics! Sounds neat!

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Ok, I'm just sitting down to get started. Had to run to post office, bank and grocery.

Now I'm trimming some stamps and will be stamping soon!

Linda4atc
11-05-2010, 07:16 PM
What a great Idea!

I'm here I NEED to get this months watercolor journal pages done. While i'm at I'll try to do next months.....

And I am scrapbooking and working on junque journals. And I have a couple of Christmas gift frames I want to fill with family photos.

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow Linda! You are getting busy!!! :jiggy:

RobbyGirl
11-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Yay! I definitely need to catch up. Here are two Gothic Arches I just finished to catch me up on the Gothic Arch MMH thread!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Gothic_Arch_Geisha_Blossom.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=186921)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Gothic_Arch_Geisha_Green.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=186922)

Art By Camilla
11-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Ok, I finished Lab 4 in Collage Lab and cleaned up the mess before dinner. That completes Unit 1! Yeah me :) I prepped some materials for the next few labs, but I'm not going to do them tonight.

I think I am going to clear my head by practicing some Zentangles tonight. I don't feel like doing anything messy or complicated; I'm feeling kind of tired. If they look half-way decent, I'll post them later in the thread.

Lia
11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
I have so much reading and writing to catch up on - but I've also resolved to do a little bit of art or designwork at least every second day, so count me in please.

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Great cards Robby!

Camilla, I hope you post your zentangles!! We'd love to see them!

Glad to have you Lia!!!

Fantasia
11-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Well, I've never participated in an a-thon before, but this one is perfect for me. I was just working on some chunky pages I need to get done...took a break for dinner and to stop in to AFA....now back to it I go. Will post later if I finish them. (oh and I have laundry to do too...lol)

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Glad to have you!!!

Maybe I should have called this the Catch-up on Laundry and Art-a-thon! :twitcy: We all seem to be doing laundry too.

Art By Camilla
11-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm skipping laundry tonight. Don't feel like stripping the bed. Afraid it won't be dry when I'm ready to get in the bed!

I just finished a Zentangle, Meer Variations. I have attached it for you to all ooh and ahh over :) (Actually, I'm still really new at these, so it is kind of so-so, but I'm pleased with it.)

Camilla

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Cool zen, Camilla!

Cat's Cradle
11-05-2010, 09:17 PM
My laundry is actually caught up. Until everyone takes their showers in the morning, that is.

Cat's Cradle
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I agree, Camilla! It's very nice. The fact that YOU are pleased with it means you did a great job. :)

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I am finally making some decent progress on a TK atc for Gail.

Gail....should I post it here when I'm done or would you rather be surprised? :D

GALZART
11-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I am finally making some decent progress on a TK atc for Gail.

Gail....should I post it here when I'm done or would you rather be surprised? :D

It's OK to post it here. I'm sure everybody will enjoy seeing it.
I haven't moved to the 'studio' yet, I've been arguing with my computer for the past hour or so. My Home Page went away and I've been searching for it. Finally got it back. No ART tonight...my eyes are tired from the computer. Tomorrow!!!

Camilla: Nice Zen!

Art By Camilla
11-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the Zen compliments, everyone. I did a few more; worked for about 2 hours total. My eyes are crossing and I'm yawning. I think it's time for bed. "See" you all in the morning! I'm hoping to be refreshed and find my muse for the "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" swap. I just can't seem to make that one happen, for some reason. Got some new collage sheets in the mail today; maybe they will help.

Chardonnay1965
11-05-2010, 10:22 PM
I am working on Jams and Christmas cards,,,,

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Glad to have you Anna and Lorraine!!!

Ok Gail, I will post it here when I am done! :D

Just Ducky
11-05-2010, 10:32 PM
me ??? I working on dust bunnys... they are taking over the whole house....

but ... fun.... dust bunnys.... which one to do...:twitcy:

to late for anything of anything... but tomorrow ??? I do have 2 cards I need to get some ideas of what to do ... so will hit them hiding in the corner bunnies in the morning and come play with ya gals in the afternoon...

and show and tell for what ya guys are playing with .... super idea...

Thereas... what's a TK atc you making for Gail ?

Rogue Gal
11-05-2010, 10:38 PM
You know what they say about bunnies, Nancy - they multiply! At least the dust bunnies in my house do!

I'm doing laundry too. Felt totally museless today so decided to get some of the housework under control. If I'm lucky, my muse will grace me with her presence tomorrow. Here's hoping!

Chardonnay1965
11-05-2010, 10:38 PM
what is a TK ATC???

HHC
11-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm off ALL WEEKEND and so I'm happy there's an a-thon. :D Great idea Theresa!

I have two gothic arches to finish, and a holiday crafters challenge at the s tore to figure out (it's a $35 gift card for the prize). And ATC's for a local trade next weekend. And laundry and working on the re-organization of my studio space. I'll be around. :jiggy:

1 Art Lady
11-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok, just came off of school, end of the quarter.... Lots of grading to do, plus all the comments that are required by admin! Can I howl now! Working on other stuff may be in the next few days... and I have some to do! My work is interfering with life! Love to see everyone is in my boat with me! :)

Just Ducky
11-05-2010, 11:51 PM
oh Helen, so glad to see you have a WHOLe weekend off... super... and look at all the catch up thing'ies you get to play with... have fun with YOUR weekend gal

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 11:51 PM
what is a TK ATC???

Toby Keith Atc. Gail and I are both fans! :D

Theresagram
11-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Glad to see we have more people joining!!!

See you all in the morning. Heading to bed. Have a stamp expo tomorrow....

RobbyGirl
11-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I've been working on a personal trade a 4 X 4 likeness of someone's kitty. Thank goodness it's supposed to be an artful interpretation because I'm not so hot at likeness! It's not done yet but I've been working on it for hours so I thought I'd share it most of the way done. I'll mount in on hard panel and acrylic coat it tomorrow. It's done in Charcoal, Pastel and some Gesso papertowel imprinting. As you can see from the original I've taken a lot of liberties...LOL. Do you think I've at least captured his essence??

calluna
11-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Well, that's all the playing I can do until Sunday evening...tomorrow I'm driving to the coast and giving dogs massages for a fundraiser!

I've spent too much time this evening playing with the Aviary Suite. It's great fun. I have a bird ATC finished, but I'll save it for the Bird-A-Thon.

RobbyGirl
11-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Have fun at the expo tomorrow Theresa!

Just Ducky
11-06-2010, 12:47 AM
yep have fun Theresa... and dang... I should have know about the TK... I read about your love for the TK on your profile page....

and Robbie, love the cat... and I think you did great on him....love the coloring...

Chardonnay1965
11-06-2010, 12:47 AM
well I have finished my bit on 2 sets of jams..

HHC
11-06-2010, 12:59 AM
I've been working on a personal trade a 4 X 4 likeness of someone's kitty. Thank goodness it's supposed to be an artful interpretation because I'm not so hot at likeness! It's not done yet but I've been working on it for hours so I thought I'd share it most of the way done. I'll mount in on hard panel and acrylic coat it tomorrow. It's done in Charcoal, Pastel and some Gesso papertowel imprinting. As you can see from the original I've taken a lot of liberties...LOL. Do you think I've at least captured his essence??

Robin, I think the eyes show his personality. Great work!

bridgetgethins
11-06-2010, 02:19 AM
I fell asleep! But, I did headway. But the problem with falling asleep at 8...I am wide awake- hope work on some stuff I can upload for all to see- and Robby
--OMG I am seeeing a info commercial about douching called "waterworks" Dr. Donnica Moore- stainless steel!
Back to Robby I agree the eyes of that cat is puurfect.
Camilla the Zentanglers are with you. And JAM o right it is summer in Australia- what kind of jam I must ask Chardonnary? Good night

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 07:16 AM
I've been working on a personal trade a 4 X 4 likeness of someone's kitty. ... Do you think I've at least captured his essence??

I think the eyes and the droop of the whiskers very much capture his essence. Love the colors! Nice work :)

Gesso pawprints? Did he like doing that?!

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Ok so catching up can be anything?? not just swaps??LOL
I need to do a report for my Diploma course....so does that count.. I have to do a risk management module....disaster part. what happens if a big truck comes through the window... what happens if there is a fire in the building etc.. and how I rescue or make safe out items on display! heehee

BUT first I need to sleep.. LOL night all....

sniisk
11-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I have been colouring some stamped images. Maybe Christmas cards coming. Or chunky book pages.

Fantasia
11-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Got my five chunky pages covered last night....today I'll take some time to start the decorating....perhaps get the chunkiness going as well......off to take daughter to dance class, be back later!

Robby, that kitty is wonderful!

GALZART
11-06-2010, 09:27 AM
me ??? I working on dust bunnys... they are taking over the whole house....

but ... fun.... dust bunnys.... which one to do...:twitcy:

My theory on Dust Bunnys...."Live and let live"...they multiply faster than I can move them out. And since we have our first 42 degree morning (of the year) down here in FL, I think of them as added insulation!

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Good morning everyone. I've made two Thanksgiving cards this morning; might be able to squeeze out a third. I'll post them when they are dry. My "White Christmas" muse is still in hiding, but I sketched out 3 rough drafts for the "Hearts" swap this morning. Maybe I just can't think about snow!

Camilla

Penlowe
11-06-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm meeting a friend to pick up my older daughter at 10 (she had a sleep over last night) then we are off to help mom with her garage sale. I'll be working on my Thanksgiving menu and my Awesome Day menu while there (AD is hubs birthday, he decided that is what it will be called).

I want to work on hearts ATC's

I need to scan & pack two swaps.

I need to pack some yarn for a different swap.

I need to finish up my own moley for group #9

I really want to start on my Dreams crochet shawl as I got my KnitPicks order in....

I need to do a load of laundry.

I need to do a load of dishes.

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Awww.....Penlowe, you've got too much to do today :( Quick, throw in a load of wash and start the dishwasher. Then grab a sketch pad and some pencils. During quiet moments at the garage sale (if there are any) you can brainstorm for the Hearts cards, and sketch out little "dummy" cards. I like to do that - it helps me focus when i stand there staring at all my art supplies. wondering what to do!

Hope we hear back from you later with some great Hearts ideas!

Camilla

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I made 3 Thanksgiving ATCs this morning, to use up a kit from yourATCstore (I love that place!), and prepare for holiday season trades (my gallery is looking a little sparse!). I've uploaded to gallery, and attached below. All are currently available to trade. PM me if you are interested.

Camilla

HHC
11-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi everyone! I'm still drinking tea and being a lump this morning. I'll get moving soon... perhaps. :)

Cute cards, Camilla!

RobbyGirl
11-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Gesso pawprints? Did he like doing that?!

LOL Gesso Papertowel imprinting :twitcy: You must have been sleepy when you read it.

sniisk
11-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I made a card for my dad. It's a Father's day after a week here. I try to take pictures tomorrow if we have any sunshine. It has been very dark and rainy week.

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 12:41 PM
LOL Gesso Papertowel imprinting :twitcy: You must have been sleepy when you read it.

HA! I guess I misread that! I like the idea of gesso pawprints, though. That would be cool :)

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Good morning everyone! I'm slow moving this morning. Was awake most of the night...darn hormones...and bad toothache. I just couldn't drag my arse out of bed.

But now I'm up and getting ready to go to the expo for a little while. It's only 4 miles from my house. And I got paid yesterday. Uh-oh. Could be trouble.

I'm telling myself I won't buy anymore rubber stamps. Just supplies. Yeah right. Bahahaha. If anyone wants to guess how many stamps I come home with today...whoever comes closest without going over...I'll send them something. :jiggy:

RobbyGirl
11-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Theresa you are the Queen of stamps and my guess is 23 individual stamps (in case you bought packs of 6....or something LOL.)

GALZART
11-06-2010, 01:22 PM
OK...how well do I know you....well, let me see....I'll pick 13 stamps!

bridgetgethins
11-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still drinking tea and being a lump this morning. I'll get moving soon... perhaps. :)

Cute cards, Camilla!

Me too. Late night, and I started sneezing late last night- and now I have the common cold. It has been awhile- I rarely sneeze. I am making up for that today.
I am working on the 12 days of festivus and loving it.
cups of hot tea and fluffy blankets and lots of C-power, zine too.

themuppet
11-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Oh this thread is FABULOUS. I have so much to catch up on! I'm about 75% done with one of 8 holiday gifts.. then I have to work on two large Secret Santa packages... I have a pile of moleys to work on, and I have several swaps to do, but I can't remember what any of them are. haha! Right now I'm working, but I'll hopefully be able to do some serious catchup after 4:00 and am off until Tuesday morning. Go team slacker! ;)

ginabee
11-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi everyone! Great ideas and art being shown. I've been working on Chunky pages for swaps and as Christmas card/ornaments. My camera battery is dead..will try to take pics later.
Sanna, coloring stamped images sounds Fun. T..wish I was with you at the expo.

themuppet
11-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh and Penlowe, when is Awesome Day? The hubbs' birthday is the 27th, so we always have to do big whackadoo meals back to back between that and Thanksgiving.

hgsv1549
11-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Just found this a-thon...this may just be the kick in the pants I need to get something done this weekend!:D Hubby comes home at 2 maybe i can get him to watch the little one while I do some work on swaps!!

themuppet
11-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Provinca, moleys are Moleskine journals that are swapped around... there are a bunch of them going on right now in This Forum (http://atcsforall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)... They're basically one long page (accordion folded), and each person does 3-4 pages to make on huge long strip of loveliness!

Lia
11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Happy Saturday everyone! Robby, Camilla, lovely work!

I just finished doing some hand-laundry and should probably drop a load in the machine and then catch up on reading. Art may happen after that ... but so tempted to go check out the new yarn store instead.

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Just home from the stamp expo. As it turns out I did buy some stamps. :eek: But then you all knew that I would, didn't you? :twitcy:

Ok, I only see 2 guesses....I'm off to count my stamps...

Last chance to take a guess...

GALZART
11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Oh, and Theresa, I'm not going to guess how many stamps you have b/c I've seen the info somewhere else (haha) so, no, you probably should not buy any more stamps at the expo today!!! But have fun anyway!

Oh, we know she has over 4000...now we're guessing how many she will buy today.

1 Art Lady
11-06-2010, 03:51 PM
My guess is 19. I just got in and now will be able to start working..... I have cards to scan, some to finish, and I need to run out west of town to photograph a couple of sheds and shacks!

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 03:54 PM
I think she bought 10 stamps. And 3 stamp pads in new colors. :)

Camilla

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Ok, I bought 25 stamps today. So looks like Robby wins a little something from me. :D

I'm surprised that's all I got since I have no self control. :twitcy:

I'll post pics of them...

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 04:08 PM
25?! You bad girl!

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Here's some of the stamps I got....

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Here's a couple others...

The last one I couldn't find a pic for online.

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Cool cards Anna. :)

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 05:00 PM
25?! You bad girl!

And I try so hard to be good! ;)

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 05:08 PM
provinca, very nice cards! Cool concepts :)

HHC
11-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Theresa... I didn't get my guess posted in time... but it wouldn't have been 25. :D

HHC
11-06-2010, 05:22 PM
I got most of my errands done, and a bit of laundry. Haven't touched my art table yet, and I remembered I have a couple of journal pages to finish too!

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Ok, I made some cards this morning.

Spent the afternoon helping Mom pick out a new ceiling light fixture, and doing some laundry. Cooking dinner now, and then the evening is free for the CATCH-UP-A-THON!!!!

I had some more Christmas collage sheets come in the mail today. I am going to get out my "White Christmas" packet, and I WILL find my muse, if I have to hunt her down and pull her out by her hair. Tonight is dedicated to "White Christmas" swap. Everyone, send me snow thoughts.....I will feel inspired. With my luck, it will snow outside, instead of on my art table :)

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh, we know she has over 4000...now we're guessing how many she will buy today.

Not quite 4000....closer to 3,000.

I've got a little over 2,500 rubber stamps stamped in my index. And a number of other rubber stamps here and there in drawers and bags, not yet inventoried. Then I have at least 500 clear stamps. Not all that crazy about the clear stamps. I buy a set because I like a couple of stamps in it. Cuz, you know...I have no self control.

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Morning all... cup of tea about to be made.... up and at them today.. going to do the "messy" swap as its one I have been putting off throuigh lack of ideas.. but I have a few now so will see how I go! Will post them later today when they dry.. LOL

Notice I am still dodging the "disaster plan" report........ LOL with only 1 week to do til its due..... Anyone got a Museum disaster plan I can "borrow" heehee

Penlowe
11-06-2010, 05:48 PM
well! here we go:
I'm meeting a friend to pick up my older daughter at 10 (she had a sleep over last night) DONE then we are off to help mom with her garage sale. DONE And I took a load of leftovers to Goodwill for her. I'll be working on my Thanksgiving menu and my Awesome Day menu while there (AD is hubs birthday, he decided that is what it will be called). Mupps: Hubs birthday is the 19th thought about it, need to get out paper & my recipes and start writing, talked about the T-G plan with mom

I want to work on hearts ATC's backgrounds done

I need to scan & pack two swaps. DONE you can see in my gallery

I need to pack some yarn for a different swap. address found, need to find a good box

I need to finish up my own moley for group #9 thought about it, doesn't need much more, should get it done tonight

I really want to start on my Dreams crochet shawl as I got my KnitPicks order in....

I need to do a load of laundry. DONEwell, one drying and another washing

I need to do a load of dishes. DONE

Penlowe
11-06-2010, 05:51 PM
If my wrist holds out I'll start my shawl tonight in front of the tv, if not I'll make that my new travel project for work next week.

Penlowe
11-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Mouseit:
you mean they won't accept "run around in circles screaming" as an plan?

1 Art Lady
11-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Just got a zen done for a 1/1 trade.... Then it's on to the winter seasons swap cards! I need my winter muse to start her channelling!

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Just got a zen done for a 1/1 trade.... Then it's on to the winter seasons swap cards! I need my winter muse to start her channelling!

Your winter muse and my winter muse need to channel together :) I'm still trying to find her.

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Penlowe, you had an awesome day! What a way to check off that to-do list. I'm envious!

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 06:19 PM
..... Anyone got a Museum disaster plan I can "borrow" heehee

Sure do. If something bad happens, RUN FOR IT! Oh,and always blame the other guy for anything that goes wrong.

I've had to do disaster planning before; it's not fun. Good luck.

Camilla

RobbyGirl
11-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Ok, I bought 25 stamps today. So looks like Robby wins a little something from me. :D

I'm surprised that's all I got since I have no self control. :twitcy:

Theresa you sweet stamp floozy! Thank you! Awesome score on the stamps!

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Mouseit:
you mean they won't accept "run around in circles screaming" as an plan?

No Blast their hides! They want us to be calm collected and know what to do step by blinking step... LOL thank goosness we have a safe where all the origionals are kept of photos etc, so they are safe unless the mine underneath has a cave in.. then good ness knows what we should do.... get a back hoe and try and dig the safe out maybe???
LOL

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 06:32 PM
I can't find my acrylic paints for the messy swap.. ok WHO STOLE THEM.. heehee

At least I have cleaned up my work space (another put off thing) while I was looking for them....

I have found a heap of my new stamps under all the paper and stickers from the sticker-a-thon though......

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Wow! Pen, you got a lot done!!!

Mouseit...I like Pen's plan. Teehee

Great zentangle 1ArtLady!!!

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Theresa you sweet stamp floozy! Thank you! Awesome score on the stamps!

Stamp floozy? Moi???? :twitcy:

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I can't find my acrylic paints for the messy swap.. ok WHO STOLE THEM.. heehee

Lock the doors! Nobody gets out, nobody gets in!!!!

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Sure do. If something bad happens, RUN FOR IT! Oh,and always blame the other guy for anything that goes wrong.

I've had to do disaster planning before; it's not fun. Good luck.

Camilla

Least you girls are helping me get it all together.. LOL and making me laugh about a huge project. THANK YOU

Here's the list of disasters so far:
Fire, Flood (water pipe burst), Truck or car through front window, Mine cave in,
Theft, lightening fire, Roof leak.

Not bad, its all I can think of so far... LOL

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Just counted those stamps I found.. LOL 18 and two complete sets... and 3 embossing plates....

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Lock the doors! Nobody gets out, nobody gets in!!!!

Right Theresagram... do you frisk them or do I????

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Fire, Flood (water pipe burst), Truck or car through front window, Mine cave in,

Don't forget the disasters that involve people - like robbers, stalkers, and other violent types. Plan for verbal and/or physical attacks against the staff, as well as for altercations between two customers in the building. Seriously, you do need to consider how to handle this BEFORE it happens so your staff is prepared to deal with it. And it DOES happen.

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't forget the disasters that involve people - like robbers, stalkers, and other violent types. Plan for verbal and/or physical attacks against the staff, as well as for altercations between two customers in the building. Seriously, you do need to consider how to handle this BEFORE it happens so your staff is prepared to deal with it. And it DOES happen.

Hmmm people threats another words... I did have theft.... didn't think of the abuse sort... or people throwing items..LOL

The things people get up to in small towns......

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Right Theresagram... do you frisk them or do I????

Somethings missing...shake them all down! That's what I do. :twitcy:

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Least you girls are helping me get it all together.. LOL and making me laugh about a huge project. THANK YOU

At my hospital we have Code Pink for child abduction, Code Grey for combative person, Code Red is fire, Code Orange is a chemical spill, Code Yellow is bomb threat, Code Purple is over capacity and Code Triage is Internal/External Disaster and of course Code Blue for cardiopulmonary arrest. Those probably won't help you at all, but thought I'd run them by you. :rolleyes:

HHC
11-06-2010, 07:25 PM

At my hospital we have Code Pink for child abduction, Code Grey for combative person, Code Red is fire, Code Orange is a chemical spill, Code Yellow is bomb threat, Code Purple is over capacity and Code Triage is Internal/External Disaster and of course Code Blue for cardiopulmonary arrest. Those probably won't help you at all, but thought I'd run them by you. :rolleyes:

Oh, I hadn't thought of hazardous materials spill. I did think of earthquake... did someone mention that? :)

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Our Code Triage...includes things like earthquake, tornado, huge accidents with lots of people...basically anything with lots of people expected to need medical help. :)

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Oooooh!! I can maybe participate in the All Types of Birds a thon!!!! Now that I have a few more bird stamps!!!! Woohoo!!! Hope I'm off that weekend....

Penlowe
11-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I work at a Christian school and we did our drills two weeks ago.
Noah drill is bad weather/ tornado drill (which we do get on rare occasion)
Exodus is if we need to leave the campus for any reason
Passover is lock down/ stranger on campus outside threat type drill
Fire drill is just fire drill, but it would be appropriate if they called it Shadrach, Meshak and Abenedgo :laugh:

Penlowe
11-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Most public places & stores a missing/ taken child is Code Adam. It is absolutely chilling to be at work and hear that come over the loudspeaker.

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
We have Code Pink drills at the hospital a lot. And we never know it's a drill until it's all over. We have to cover an exit. I always get choked up thinking about a child being taken. We have to seach their bags. Once a man tried to get a baby out in a duffle bag. He was caught at the door.

Cat's Cradle
11-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Most public places & stores a missing/ taken child is Code Adam. It is absolutely chilling to be at work and hear that come over the loudspeaker.

Wal-Mart has been locked down a couple of times while I was in the store. The Code Adam alarm was buzzing the entire time....Bug was very distressed by the loudness of it all. Several people were actually miffed (what's wrong with them?!) that they couldn't get out of the store.

Turns out the kid was hiding in a bathroom stall and the mom couldn't get him out.

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 09:37 PM

LOL well codes don't help.....but it must be amazing to have the colours of the rainbow on the walls...LOL

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Somethings missing...shake them all down! That's what I do. :twitcy:

LOL Had to do them with water colours made stronger as the acrylics have just disapeared! How strange is that.. bet I find them when I have the 4 cards done....

Have two done and two I am working on with the gouche now dry... so I am halfway there...

have a list of the things we need a plan for (thanks girls for your help) and will sit down after I finished the other two and see to 'fillinf" it out a bit.

Never knew this could be so much fun!..lol

(me thinks I like chatting....)

Just Ducky
11-06-2010, 09:59 PM
codes ??? code yellow, ducky's lost another tail feather...
and any other disasters ? just line up single file and follow the duck to nearest pond...

well I see Thersa has quite a social group this weekend.. everyone with their long list of
gotta do stuff... and just look how much you guys are working on them all... super..

I did a major attack of the dust bunnys... ceiling down to floor... so now they ALL on the floor where they belong.. huddled together in corners... tomorrow... the big sucky thing gets plugged in and by-buy dust bunnies... got ALL kitchen cabinets rubbed down and looking gOOOOoooood.. if I keep this up I might actually finish fall cleaning this year...
but then maybe not... just had to go into the craftyroom... big mistake... forgot house stuff and played for a few hours... did a few hoo-hum Autumn type cards... and then of coarse I come here... and yep forgot to post them in gallery.. I will be back..(boy, where did I hear that before?)

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
My hubby just called me to the kitchen..Honey come here...
what says I...
he says pick up the fruit bowl...I try... its sttuck to the bench...
I try a bit harder thikning he has blue tac'd it to the bench...

I had to lever it from the back...it had stuck to the bench goodness knows what with...
then he says I was to scared to break the bowl so I made you do it...LOL I laughed.....

Ok been told I have to go check on my mum who hasn't been well....will be back shortly!

Just Ducky
11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
HAY look... we got a MOUse in the house....:jiggy:

Theresagram
11-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, I'm almost done with ONE atc. ROFL. I'm not being very productive.

Of course, there was stamp shopping to do...and laundry, and I had to trim the stamps and put them on EZ Mount...

Art By Camilla
11-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I got two of my White Christmas swap cards done. Now I've got to come up with two more. That will be tomorrow's task. It's bedtime.

Hey, did you all realize that (at least here in the US) we get an extra hour for this Catch-Up-a-Thon this weekend?! Don't forget to set your clocks back before you go to bed!

HHC
11-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh goody! I'd have forgotten to set the clocks back. Hubbs works tomorrow so we don't want him to get up earlier than necessary. I get the day off! yay for me!

I am almost done with one of the arches, and have laid out the other. Still having issues with the journal pages. sheesh. They are widely different sizes, most a bit bigger than I usually work so are intimidating me. I need to get past it! :)

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Just Ducky;820719]codes ??? code yellow, ducky's lost another tail feather...
and any other disasters ? just line up single file and follow the duck to nearest pond...

*Runs over to rescue the ducky* Hey there my yellow friend!
So glad your here! heehee

I might drown if I followed you to the pond.......I only wittle ya know....

Mouseit
11-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Night Camilla Sleep well!

dmnh
11-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I've been busy today, but not quite as productive as some of you!
I've managed to get three ATCs done. I had hoped there would be more by now but that didn't happen. I still have time! I spent a few hours yapping to my brother, made tuna salad for lunch, got a nap in and then got to the art. There will be more!

Longhorn
Red Sail
Wilson Lake
All three are for trade if anyone is interested. Just shoot me off a PM and I'll get back to you.

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 01:06 AM
We don't change our clocks here in Az. :jiggy:

Cool atc's Donna.

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 01:07 AM
I've been working on another atc while my first one dries. Hopefully sometime tomorrow I'll have two to post.

Mouseit
11-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Finally have the messy ones ready.. still drying.. LOL Now looking at interesting skies and Autumn....hmmmmm

dmnh
11-07-2010, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the reminder to turn the clocks back today. The clock in the livingroom will have to wait to be turned back. It's been ten minutes till two for better than a week. Needs a new battery.

I've been sitting in front of my computer playing with my markers. These three are for trade if anyone is interested in any of them. The last three are still up for grabs too....(along with about 300 other ATCs.)

I'm still four days behind in the 365 Project if I'm counting right. (I sometimes don't know how to count.)

Angelina
Blue Eye
Green with Blue Pear

Shoot me off a PM if you are in need of a trade!

sniisk
11-07-2010, 03:33 AM
I finally took some pictures. Here is the card for my dad. It's the Father's day after a week.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_isille_2010.jpg Not for trade

sniisk
11-07-2010, 03:49 AM
And one chunky book page for a private trade.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_C15.jpg On hold

sniisk
11-07-2010, 03:49 AM
I have also had a project to finish some of my half made cards. Pictures coming later.

Mouseit
11-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Ohhhh nice cards sniisk.....

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Hi Sniisk and Mouse! My power went out so I'm up in the wee hours calming my young one and dogs! Thank Goodness for my iPhone! Wonder if I can create by candle light...nah my night vision is lousy!

sniisk
11-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Robin, I rwally hope you will get more light soon :). Sun is shining here and I got new pics :).

sniisk
11-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Here are my finally finished cards. I have started to make them in September. It's November now... Maybe still better now than never :).

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_87.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_17.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_55.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_131.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_134.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_123.jpg

Art By Camilla
11-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Sniisk, you have been very busy! Nice work, all of it :)

It's morning here in Michigan. 7 am. Is it too early to start working?! I think I need some coffee first.

Then it's back to those darned White Christmas cards. I WILL finish them today! It is my mission. I have chosen to accept it!

Camilla

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Great Cards Sniisk! Power came back on so I started making cards. It's 4 am here so I better go to bed! I'll post them in a minute though!

Mouseit
11-07-2010, 08:23 AM
SNIISK!! I got to have them mousie cards!!! LOL Are they available???

Hi Robin! Ohhh creating by candle light has two hazards.... 1. You can't see what your are doing to get it straight or where you want it....and 2 ... Fire and paper don't mix..LOL

Poor wee ones, I hope you got them all settled! Both human and doggies!

Mouseit
11-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Ah well its off to bed for me... work calls in the morning, so you girls have fun on your Sunday.. I will race in to see what you have been doing while I sleep!

28 days til the holidays so I will stay up to greet you!!! heehee.....wellllll if I don't fall alseep first! *smirks*

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Okay while I had my bout of insomnia (power outage and an ear ache) I created these 4 ATCs for Beep's Cats on What? Swap

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Cats_on_2.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=187268)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Cats_on_Swap_1.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=187267)

Art By Camilla
11-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Very cute. love the cat on the plane! And in the bird's nest, with wings. Who does he think he is kidding? He's not a birdie!

Hmmm.....cards by candlelight....you could drizzle candle wax on the cards, and then inkwash them. that would look cool :)

Nice work. Glad you got your power back on.

Camilla

ginabee
11-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Wonderfully cold morning here....not, lol. I got on a mission and made 13 chunky pages for gifts/swaps since Thursday. I'll try to post some photos, later.
Beautiful art coming thru this thread. KUDOS.

Penlowe
11-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Well, my plan for today was to clean up my art space so that I can actually do art. My cutting table is literaly a foot deep in stuff I've been dumping there since school started ;hangs head in shame:

Floor next to my computer desk is cleared, it's a good first step!

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Good morning all! Lots of great stuff being posted. I'll see what I can get posted today.

ginabee
11-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Penlowe, my table is the same, lol.
Here's chunky (traded) I've been making...http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/363/1_Santa_chunky_to_Joe_Bailey_xmas_card_WEB.jpg

sniisk
11-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I have made some Christmas cards. I have already too many cards but because I want to create something, I make more. I know, there is Christmas also next year :).

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Went to bed at 5am so I'm just getting up now. Woke up with a worse ear ache than I went to bed with darn't! Well maybe some art will distract me :eek:

ginabee
11-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Here's some more chunkies made during the Catchupathon...for my sons Christmas tree Decorations!
Christmas Games http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/363/1_Christmas_Games_chunky_for_jon_WEB.jpg
Girls Ruls for Christmas http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/363/1_Girls_Rull_for_Christmas_chunky_for_jeff_WEB.jpg
Snowballs http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/363/1_snowballs_chunky_for_jer_WEB.jpg

sniisk
11-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Gina, would you like to make some more similar pages? I'd love to trade something like those you've now made!

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Okay I finished my Prints for Pets (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=821068#post821068) thread here on AFA for my charity to help save the shelter animals in my community. The 4 X 4 Kitty I made yesterday was added in to the group of prints I'll have to offer. I'm so excited about this program, already a few people have ordered them for the Holiday.

Tinka
11-07-2010, 02:35 PM
This thread made me realise I still had to make the cards for the "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" swap! So here is # 1!

The words are German, they say " Merry Christmas"

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Great chunkies Gina!

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Very pretty Tinka.

So far I've been busy chasing my 15 month old granddaughter all over the house and haven't finish any of my cards. But they are almost done. LOL Maybe I can post later...

ginabee
11-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks ya'll for the Kudos on my chunkies! Thought I'd share my 'Zone' with you for laughs
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/363/1_nov_2010_messy_desk_WEB.jpg

Mossiccie
11-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Ha! This is too funny! I used this week-end as a catch up week-end without even knowing this was going on. I did six cards last night and now I'm catching up on getting things ready to mail out. (I always fall behind in that too. I guess I just ain't crazy about fiddling around with envies)

Fantasia
11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
ginabee, your work zone looks too much like mine to even be funny! LOL And I have to pick it all up to be able to work on Monday morning.

Haven't had as much time as I wanted to spend catching up this weekend, but don't have many other commitments this afternoon, so hopefully will get at least a couple chunky pages done.

Great work seen so far!

craftyvox
11-07-2010, 03:51 PM
For the first time in many many MANY months (up to 2 years really, though I've had a shortlived creative period halfway 2009 as well before all my craftsupplies went back into their boxes in storage..), I've actually sat down with some of my craft supplies and worked on a couple of ATCs..

ginabee
11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Fantasia, I feel for you having to clean your desk!
Craftyvox, so glad you could play art.
provinca, looks like it's bursting with beauty...love it!

1 Art Lady
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Just got back from driving around in the country, looking for sheds and rustic shacks! I did find some and now am printing off the photos for that swap, so I did manage to clear 3 things off my plate this weekend. Still have barely started my winter theme cards. Just some backgrounds made.... My muse is still not working that one!

Tinka
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
And here is my second card for the swap:

ginabee
11-07-2010, 05:56 PM
So pretty, Tinka! I've pretty well stopped arting for now. I enjoyed seeing and reading what everyone's been doing this weekend. Thanks Theresagram.

dmnh
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
You all been busy busy busy working magic! Wonderful stuff being shown!!!

I got two more done before I hit the hay last night. Just now getting around and about for the day. Dang sleep issues cut into my arting time! I think I'm only two days behind in 365 Project now...we'll see if I can squeeze a few more ATCs out of my muse before I go down again.

If anyone wants one of these, just shoot me off a PM please and I'll get back with you!
Blue Landscape
Red Mold Spores

Cat's Cradle
11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Finished two Zentangles for the swap, and am ready to get going on a set of chunky pages and bizarre holiday cards.
Also got an APC done for the MMH thread. 3 of spades with a bird.

No pics right now 'cause hubby has the camera at the scouts meting.

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Beautiful works everyone! I've not been able to art today, this darn earache is really keeping me down.

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Robin, sorry your ear is bothering you. Take care of yourself.

Linda4atc
11-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Well darn, I am working on my watercolor. And yesterday I spent some time going through cookbooks, planning and shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner which will actually be this Tuesday. The oven and the kitchen space is soo small at the trailer that we decided to the feast before we head out on Wednesday.

I also spent a good amount of time playing with my Dragon Cave dragons. I have gone through my whole scroll and made a list of all my that do not have mixed breeding in their lineage. I am going to do some Pure Linage breeding as I catch acceptable mates for them. I know it' was a silly waste of time but.... :laugh:

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok, I finally finished 2 atc's. Here's one of them.

Romancing the Croc.

Art By Camilla
11-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Romancing the Croc - I love it!

Art By Camilla
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
I just started my Drawing Lab book. I've been afraid of it. I can't draw, and I'm trying to learn. Just completed the first lab, Cats in Bed. You sit on your bed with a pillow on your lap, and put the sketchbook on the pillow. Then you draw cats for 20 minutes or so. Saddest looking cats I've ever seen! I have to blind-draw giraffes next. OMG. How will I ever get through this?! :)

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks Camilla.

You should get the book Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain. I'm trying to learn how to draw too and they say it's a great book for learning to draw.

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
LMAO Romancing the Croc!!!

Art By Camilla
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Cool - thanks for the book suggestion, Theresagram. I just put it on hold at the library :)

Fantasia
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Haven't finished any art this weekend either, but am making progress on the chunky pages. So few hours of "play" time lately.

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 10:10 PM
LMAO Romancing the Croc!!!

:twitcy:

Cool - thanks for the book suggestion, Theresagram. I just put it on hold at the library :)

Cool! I started reading it but stopped to make the templates you need to make to do the exercises and haven't started back up yet. I need to make the templates and get back to it.

Cat's Cradle
11-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Theresa, your card made me :laugh: Love it!

Here are mine (after hubby told me the camera has been on the table ALL WEEKEND and that he did NOT take it to scouts... :embarrassed:

What a Tangled Web We Weave................Steel Trap
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6154/small/1_tangledweb.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6154/small/1_steeltrap.jpg

3 of Spades w/Bird
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6154/small/1_3spadesbird.jpg

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Advil kicked in for a bit so I thought I'd do a little Frog drawing because my available gallery is woefully empty and had no hand drawns left.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Jubba.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=187434)

hgsv1549
11-07-2010, 10:23 PM
well I haven't really made any art this weekend..I did play in my supplies and gathered what I need to make some of my cards. Does that count? Baby was fussy:sad:

Theresagram
11-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks Cat. Love your cards.

Robin, glad you're feeling better.

hgsv...I think that counts. You got ready to make some. That's more than you had done before, right? :D

RobbyGirl
11-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Oooh looks like it was a momentary reprieve ...muzzy, painful head, excruciating ear, off too bed ...no fun sigh! It's that timeofyear. I'm sure a little sleep will help ;). Have a fabevening sweet ladies !

Theresagram
11-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Glad some of you got a few things done this weekend!

I'm off to bed. Nightie Night!

HHC
11-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Ok, I finally finished 2 atc's. Here's one of them.

Romancing the Croc.

What a riot! You make me laugh!

HHC
11-08-2010, 12:10 AM
QUOTE=Art By Camilla;821309]I just started my Drawing Lab book. I've been afraid of it. I can't draw, and I'm trying to learn. Just completed the first lab, Cats in Bed. You sit on your bed with a pillow on your lap, and put the sketchbook on the pillow. Then you draw cats for 20 minutes or so. Saddest looking cats I've ever seen! I have to blind-draw giraffes next. OMG. How will I ever get through this?! :)[/QUOTE]

I love that book... the key is to keep drawing and keep doing the exercises. It's all a matter of practice and your "style" will come forth. Good luck!

HHC
11-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I got one arch finished, one started and packed a couple of envelopes to mail tomorrow. I also hemmed a couple pairs of pants that have been sitting in the laundry room for almost two months. Surely that counts for something!

Went to a "VIP" event at our local gourmet kitchen store with my hubby, and then out to dinner. That's a catch up on our time together too!

HHC
11-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Glad some of you got a few things done this weekend!

I'm off to bed. Nightie Night!

Good night, Theresa! Thanks for hosting us crazy catch up folks! :)

Cat's Cradle
11-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks Cat. Love your cards.

Robin, glad you're feeling better.

hgsv...I think that counts. You got ready to make some. That's more than you had done before, right? :D

Thanks. I was glad to get a few done this weekend!

Linda4atc
11-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Sighhh, This is more of a Learn-a-thon for me. I am STILL working on these watercolor pages for lilbad in the circle journal group. I am finally happy with the way they are comming out. I am more used to acrylics and using watercolors to add color to my sketches.

Although nice, I felt my other pages had a coloring book look to them. I am really trying to learn more of the freeform techniques of watercolor. It has been difficult I have had many failures along the way. I have learned how to remove masking fluid properly. I was rolling it off before. Sometimes it did fine, other times it smudged color that was ontop of the fluid, or worse tore the paper below it! I do still tend to overwork some areas but I'm getting better.

Art By Camilla
11-08-2010, 09:26 AM
All in all, I'd call this a successful weekend-a-thon. Far less stressful than the Sticker-a-Thon, which I went at with the vigor of a race, and there was all that trading to deal with as well as making cards. Although the Sticker-a-Thon was a BLAST! and I had fun with it.

This was a quieter, slower paced thon for me, and I liked it very much. I made 3 cards for a swap and laid out the fourth card, organized some of my supplies, practiced some Zentangles, and drew cats and giraffes :) Pathetic attempts, but hey, I started learning to draw :) OH - and I did the laundry, too! (as did many of you :) )

Thanks to Theresagram for hosting, and to all of you for your encouragement and chatter!

Camilla

Linda4atc
11-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Yes Theresa Thank you!!! It was really fun for me too. I haven't been doing a lot of art lately and even less tradeable stuff. So this worked well for me.

Camilla since you are doing art lessons anyways maybe you should host an impromptu Learn-a-thon. You can even do a couple of week days if the weekends are already booked with a-thons. And you do not have to be there all the time to host one. Just a thought....

Here is a link to one I did in the past. I have always welcomed others to host one. http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15824

Linda4atc
11-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Ohh forgot I took a picture of my waterco;or works in progress before going to bed last night.

The top two are my failed attempt. I think I can ge a chunky from the castle and some atc backs out of it.

In the daylight the pine trees and grass I thought were dark green turned out to more blue than I expected, but the flowers are a prettier color.

Art By Camilla
11-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Linda4atc, can I host an online athon yet? I know for swaps you have to be a member for 3 months first. I've only been a member for a month. It sounds like a good idea, though. It will keep me working. I have a couple of books I have been using; maybe others have them too and then we can compare what we learned.

This week and weekend are out; I'll have to look ahead and see what's good.

Thanks for the link to your last Learn-a-thon; it sounded nice and low-key. Just quietly working and posting results. I like that.

Camilla

Linda4atc
11-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Ohh darn I don't know if the swap rules apply to hosting an a-thon or not. If you can't pm me and maybe we can co host it.

sniisk
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't think there is any limit to host an a-thon. The host is still a "player" and doesn't handle the cards. There is not a possible way "not to follow the rules" then.

Linda4atc
11-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks sniisk, so have it Camilla. I think we should have LAT's really often but I have only done about one a year. Sad isn't it?:twitcy:

Art By Camilla
11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I'll look at my calendar and see what dates look good. Who should I clear it with for the calendar?

Camilla

sniisk
11-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Camilla, check the calendar here:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4712

And be sure there is not another a-thon going on at the same weekend. No other limits :).