PDA

View Full Version : Learn-a-Thon for Nov 19-21? Who's interested?

Art By Camilla
11-08-2010, 01:55 PM
EDIT: I SCREWED UP ON THE DATE. Chunkies are that weekend in November. How about December 3-5?

Is there any interest in a Learn-a-Thon for December 3-5, 2010? (Also known as the Catch up on your laundry-a-thon!)

I am working on the exercises in Collage Lab by Bee Shay and Drawing Lab by Carla Sonheim books. Would love to have others join me with these books, or other books/techniques you have been meaning to work on, but just keep putting off...

Please post to the thread and enter the poll, so I know if this is of interest, and a good time.

I will be working for sure that weekend, and I'd love some company and chatter :)

Camilla

GoldenWolf
11-08-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm interested in this topic and I have Bee Shay's Collage Lab book. However, I think there's a Chunky-a-thon already scheduled that weekend. You may want to check the calender listings. I would definitely be interested in another weekend when there's not another event going on.

Art By Camilla
11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Yikes - I thought I checked the calendar. I'll check again now.

Art By Camilla
11-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Yup. I screwed up. Chunkies trumped me. Hmm......another weekend? The next weekend is Thanksgiving here in US, so that's out. How about December 3-5? Does that work for people?

sniisk
11-11-2010, 03:04 PM
It's out independence day weekend. I think I'm not here then, but have fun :).

GoldenWolf
11-11-2010, 04:02 PM
I think the "all types of birds" athon is happening Thanksgiving weekend. I know I will be out of town and not able to participate on December 3-4th. That Sunday evening would probably be the only time I could participate.

I still think this is a great idea, but the upcoming holidays may make it tough to schedule before the end of the year.

Art By Camilla
11-11-2010, 11:00 PM
I agree. I'll wait until January 2011. Heading into the holidays is just a bad time of year. Watch for my re-post in January!

Camilla

Linda4atc
11-13-2010, 02:08 AM
I will surely try to be there for any of the times mentioned. I always have to work with my husbands plans if he is home. At the previous athons people did all kinds of things, including bucket painting backgrounds, pergamano, jewlelry and charms, and I did mostly trying to draw people.

Maybe if I did my lessons and practiced regularly I could learn to drow more realistic people.

Art By Camilla
11-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Glad to hear you'll be there Linda. I need to look at my calendar, and then get something on the "official" calendar before it fills up for January!

Camilla

Linda4atc
11-13-2010, 01:07 PM
When you do you can close and send this thread to the archive and start a new one. In it you can share your lessons progress since you shouldn't set them aside for two months. Not that I follow my own advice :goofy:. Also encourage others to share anything they are learning. We don't have to have an official a-thon to do that.

I am going to practice some watercolor techniques. I was dissapointed in some I tried earlier.

Art By Camilla
11-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Ok, I've requested that the ATC Gods add to the sticky list a Learn-a-Thon for January 14, 15, 16, 2011. I will start an official thread for that event. How do I get this thread closed and archived?

sniisk
11-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Camilla, good choise for the dates :).

You can click "Report" button of the last post of this thread and write "this thread can be closed". The moderators will do it for you then.