PDA

View Full Version : Hand Drawn/Hand Painted: J. M. Barrie's Peter Pan - Due March 9th

Mossiccie
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Swap Due Date - March 9th, 2011
Signup by date - March 1st, 2011
Withdraw by date - None, but keep me posted. Those who sign up then never communicate will receive Neutral itraders.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 20

J. M. Barrie's Peter Pan!

Pirates, Faeries, Mermaids, Lost Boys, Victorian England and the Pickaninny Tribe! There's almost no such thing as a theme Peter Pan doesn't cover. Peter Pan has long been one of my favourite characters and stories and one ripe with illustrative potential! What else would you expect though from a story that has become a symbol of both the joy and danger of childhood innocence?

There have been numerous interpretations of Peter, Wendy, Tinkerbell, Captain Hook, Tiger Lily and the rest of the Neverland gang. Now it's time for us to take a stab at it! Or maybe you want to take a crack at the Neverland landscape? Either way, let the creativity flow and find that Feyish place inside of every adult that - like Peter - never has grown up!

Particulars:

DUE DATE - Cards are due in my hands March 9th, my daddy's birthday. Those who have seen pictures of my red haired, freckled father as a little boy would agree he looks like Peter Pan. More to the point, mail can take a while to reach me here in Canada so PLEASE keep mail dates in mind when sending cards to me. While often mail reaches me from the States in a week, it is far from unheard of for it to take two or more.

POSTAGE - Postage is optional! Since swap participation is limited, I am international to most participants and don't feel like singling out the Canadians, I will cover everyone. Those who are feeling generous however can send postage/whatever and know that I am always very surprised and thankful!

ALL PLAYERS - Please include with your cards one of the following: A large address label (the sticky ones are FANTASTIC) or a Self-addressed envelope with your username and the swap name also written on it. On each card, please include your real name, your user name and the swap name so that it's easy for other players at the end of the swap to leave you "rep points."

Host cards as ever are optional but a wonderful surprise. Remember at the end of the swap to leave itrader for me (your host) and rep/you rock for the other players whose cards you receive.

Those Joining the Lost Boys!
In Flight
Arrived in Neverland
0. Me (Mossiccie)
1. kpax - withdrew
2. momoruth
3. katrinabean86
4. Jo.On.The.Go
5. Prairiemouse
6. amykins
7. PAMI
8. rockinrobin
9. ThE GooD GuY - withdrew
10. PaperMoon - withdrew
11. wendy510 - withdrew
12. SunTrade
13. Tam - withdrew
14. duckduckgoose
15. angelmuz
16. kentuckydakota
17. reneenault
18. HeatherR
19. sabrinalouisemiller

kpax
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Yahooo!!! cool x 1, 000! I wanna be a lost boy :D

Mossiccie
01-13-2011, 07:43 PM
kpax, you are in! Welcome to Neverland!

Mossiccie
01-14-2011, 02:08 AM
Finished another card for the swap and it is now decorating the first post!

kpax
01-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Love the new card, Emmy!

momoruth
01-14-2011, 11:24 AM
i'll play

crafty
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
What a greyt theme, but unfortunately I'm not that greyt a drawing !!! :( :( :(

do you know that the author left the copyright of his book to a children's hospital in London GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITAL ( GOSH). At the beginning or end of The Walt Disney Peter Pan it actually states that a royalty is given to the hospital.... if I remember correctly...
This is the only charity that I give to as I was a child patient at this hospital which saved my life for what I was suffering from......... I was followed by this hospital until I was 14 years of age. What was then a severe illness today is less so thanx to the modern day technology we have.

fingers crossed for more participants
ciao
joan in italy

Mossiccie
01-14-2011, 03:37 PM
That's incredible, crafty! I knew about the copy right but it's so cool hearing from someone who actually benifited from the care there.

And welcome momoruth! It's great to have you!

katrinabean86
01-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm going to try this out.

Peter Pan is my all time favorite :D My family just saw the stage production of it where they have 360 screens and project images of London and such so that it looks like they're really flying, well, as much as they can look like they really are in a play. :)

Mossiccie
01-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Yay! Another player! Welcome to the swap, katrinabean86!

I haven't ever seen a big production of Peter Pan, just a smaller community theatre one. The costumes in it were great though! I'd love to see one of the big shows. I'm a sucker for pretty much any interpretation of the story. (Including Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman facing off as Peter and the titular Hook). Favourite film version probably has to be the 2003 one because, c'mon. How do ya say no to Jason Isaacs?

katrinabean86
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Yay! Another player! Welcome to the swap, katrinabean86!

I haven't ever seen a big production of Peter Pan, just a smaller community theatre one. The costumes in it were great though! I'd love to see one of the big shows. I'm a sucker for pretty much any interpretation of the story. (Including Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman facing off as Peter and the titular Hook). Favourite film version probably has to be the 2003 one because, c'mon. How do ya say no to Jason Isaacs?

Omg I know! :) I actually didn't really know who he was very well when it came out but I saw it in theaters and I loved it. Am I the only one who's always thinking, "Come on, Peter! Stay with her darn it!!" even though I know it will never ever happen. :D I've seen a couple of productions...even Peter Pan on ice when I was like six or something haha. Mom said it was cheesy but I remember it being pretty cool.

jo.on.the.go
01-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Oh, me too. If you haven't read the book recently, give it a try. The introduction is priceless.

Mossiccie
01-16-2011, 01:57 PM
So glad to have you! Welcome to the swap. I love the book too. It cracks me up. I've been flipping through it looking at the illustrations too.

Prairiemouse
01-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Add mee Add me I wanna see PETE!!!

Mossiccie
01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Hurray! Welcome Prariemouse! I have added you to the Lost Boys.

amykins
01-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Yaya! so awesome. :D count me in, baby!

Mossiccie
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
You are in!!!!!! Glad to have you, Amykins!

PAMI
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
I am caught up on all of my swaps Please sign me up for this one

Mossiccie
01-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Fantastic! So great to have you, PAMI, I have signed you up!

It's a relief to see that we're slowly but steadily adding players to the mix. Hopefully we'll have a full swap yet!

rockinrobin
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
sign me up please

Mossiccie
01-25-2011, 03:18 AM
You bet, rockinrobin! Welcome to Neverland!

And PAMI, those are fab cards! Can't wait to see them in real life!

amykins
01-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Got two of mine done. bahaah! i'm having so much fun. =D

Cricket
01-25-2011, 06:54 AM
May I please join the swap?

Mossiccie
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Welcome to ThE GooD GuY! So glad to have you joining the Lost Boys. The Lost Boys need lots of Good Guys.

And PaperMoon! I am thrilled you are joining! I will sign you both up now.

Mossiccie
01-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Amykins! You need to post these lovely creations you claim to have created. Inquiring minds want to know!

rockinrobin
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
finished cards... will put them in the mail this week!!!

Mossiccie
01-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Love the interpretations, rockinrobin! I think my favourite is the children flying against the moon.

Mossiccie
01-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Of course! What's a Peter Pan swap without a Wendy? :D Oh, what a fabulous pun!

Welcome, wendy 510!

SunTrade
01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Please sign me up!

is it OK to paint the Disney characters?

Mossiccie
01-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome in, SunTrade!

Yes, go ahead and take your inspiration from the Disney portrayal. I'm kind of leaving it loosey goosey on whether or not you want to do something based on a previous adaptation or do the whole story over anew, so whatever feels comfortable and interests you most is great. Hope you enjoy being in the swap!

SunTrade
01-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank you! Love Peter Pan!

Tam
01-27-2011, 12:40 AM
May I join? ^_^

Mossiccie
01-27-2011, 03:03 AM
You bet, Tam! I'm thrilled to have you!

I gotta say too, there is something terribly exciting about signing up a thirteenth player. I wasn't even allowed to have that many for my last swap. Thirteen! Woo-hoo!

duckduckgoose
01-29-2011, 01:54 AM
I'd like to sign up please!

Mossiccie
01-29-2011, 04:10 AM
Glad to have you duckduckgoose! Welcome to the swap!

jo.on.the.go
01-29-2011, 03:20 PM
This is the Peter Pan statue in Kensington Park, England. The rest of my cards are in my gallery.

Please PM an address and they will be on the way.

angelmuz
01-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Peter's my fave, I will join!

angelmuz
01-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Please sign me up!!!

Mossiccie
01-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Fantastic cards, Jo! Congrats on being done so fast! Nana is adorable and I LOVE the Kensington garden statue.I will PM you my addy.

Angelmuz, so glad to have you! Welcome to the swap.

kentuckydakota
01-30-2011, 01:17 PM
I would love to join please.

SunTrade
01-30-2011, 03:11 PM
This is the Peter Pan statue in Kensington Park, England. The rest of my cards are in my gallery.

Please PM an address and they will be on the way.

Nice drawing!

Mossiccie
01-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Glad to have you, kentuckydakota. You are in!

katrinabean86
02-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Ooh there are cards already! :D I'm rereading the book (well, the parts I need to in order to get inspiration) online. If anyone wants to do the same, I found a digital copy online at: http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/readfile?fk_files=1441178 It's pretty awesome to be able to read the whole thing there.

Mossiccie
02-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Thanks so much for sharing the link, katrinabean!

I pulled out my copy of the book as well. The drawings in it our fantasticly whimsical. I'm just loving it!

Mossiccie
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Well, this is incredibly exciting!

I just got my first envie with returns in it today from PAMI! Your cards are wonderful and thank you so much for the host card and extra postage!

Very exciting. I do love getting the mail during swap time. :)

SunTrade
02-03-2011, 01:02 AM
My cards are done!

I hope you all like them:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7712/peterpana.jpg

katrinabean86
02-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Oh! They are awesome :D The Peter and Wendy one is great! Well, I mean, they're all beautiful but I'm such a sucker for them :O

kpax
02-03-2011, 03:23 AM
Great cards, Suntrade! I personally love Capt Hook ;)

Mossiccie
02-03-2011, 03:44 AM
The really are! Can't wait to see them in person. :)

SunTrade
02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Thank you so much for ail the nice comments!

They will be going up north soon! (Brrrr) Must be SO COLD!

Mossiccie
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Hee hee, it's not TOO bad in Victoria weather wise, SunTrade. We're no Texas, that's for sure. (Though on that comparative note, the Royal British Columbia Museum informs me that British Columbia is actually BIGGER than Texas. Those probably be fightin' words if ever I said any). I live really in the one part of the country that doesn't really snow. It's just wet and tepid here this time of year. We had some bizarre freezing whether in November and for the first time in my life I learned the meaning of the word "windchill". YOWZA! Why do people LIVE where those are common!?

Anyhow, I probably find the weather a little too fascinating, but that just kinda happened when I started gardening. Anyhow, I'll be watching for your cards, SunTrade!

sabrinalouisemiller
02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey Mossiccie!
I will lurk for now, and if I get the time to make cards in the next few weeks then I'll join for certain.
In response to the "Why do people LIVE where those are common?!" the answer is that sometimes you are willing to brave -30 weather to get to the most amazing food, or go suck up culture . . . provided you have the proper clothing!
I've tried your city - mine is better. ;)

Mossiccie
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh, you Montreal-ers. We don't NEED your culture! We have retirement communities and flower baskets hanging from our lamp posts!

Glad to have you lurking along with us, sabrinalouisemiller!

kpax
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Lol! You two make me laugh!

Since this intense Canadian city debate is now raging, here are my two cents: I love Montreal for the culture, but I would miss the mountains and the ocean.... miss them now.... sighhhhh.....

Also: SABRINA JOIN THE SWAP!!!!!

SunTrade
02-04-2011, 01:50 AM
[QUOTE=Mossiccie;907638]Hee hee, it's not TOO bad in Victoria weather wise, SunTrade. We're no Texas, that's for sure. (Though on that comparative note, the Royal British Columbia Museum informs me that British Columbia is actually BIGGER than Texas. Those probably be fighting' words if ever I said any). I live really in the one part of the country that doesn't really snow. It's just wet and tepid here this time of year. QUOTE]

And here I thought that all Canada was reaaallly cold.

And yes, those are probably fighting words. You know, EVERYTHING is better and bigger in here .... :jiggy:

Is so funny, I went to school in NY, and when my old friends asked where I live, they acted like Texas was not part of the USA. But we Texans think we could be an independent country for all we care, so I guess is all good! :jiggy:

My son has a girlfriend who lives in Alberta! From what I can see in pictures about Canada, is so beautiful.

Mossiccie
02-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Alberta is a beautiful province, yes. It's right next door to us and I've got a ton of family from there. I'm inclined to think BC is the best, but what do you expect? Provincial pride or something, I guess! ;)

kentuckydakota
02-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Well, here's my attempt. I'll post tomorrow. I went with the Disney version as well since those are the ones I remember best. Am curious to see some that are based on the book art if anyone is leaning that way. I don't think I've ever seen them.

And on the Canadian front- I love Ontario best! (Though I'm sure the rest of Canada is very lovely too) ;)

Mossiccie
02-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Great cards, Kentuckydakota! I'll pm you my addy!

Ontario ain't half bad either. I've been there a few times. That's another place I've had family living. I think the thing that surprised me most about there was how flat it was. I forget how used to mountains I am.

SunTrade
02-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Kentuckydakota beautiful!

kentuckydakota
02-05-2011, 03:31 AM
Thank you so much! You're cards are adorable SunTrade. Did you use water colors? Colored pens? I love the colors.

reneenault
02-05-2011, 07:33 AM
If there's still spaces sign me up please! :)

Mossiccie
02-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Renee! I am thrilled to have you and there is plenty of space. You've gotta help us work on getting Sabrina to join us too. :)

HeatherR
02-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Great theme! Please add me.

Mossiccie
02-06-2011, 03:54 PM
You bet! Thrilled to have you, HeatherR!

katrinabean86
02-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Finished my first card :) Accidentally wrote 'Michael' on the back the first time lol...had to white it out. Anyway, hope to work on the rest of them sometime this week but it's midterms so it might be this weekend.http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/large/2_ATC_John_and_Tinkerbell-PP_Swap.jpg

Mossiccie
02-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Looks like they're coming along nicely, katrinabean!

Mossiccie
02-09-2011, 02:26 PM
More cards arrived!

Thank you so much, Jo.On.The.Go, for the hostie card and the extra postage! You're cards are even better in real life. Can't wait to see if anything is in the mail box today. :D

angelmuz
02-10-2011, 01:41 PM
hi, finished my cards and put them in my gallery, haven't figured out how to post to thread yet, but will learn soon i hope. I need to get your address so i can mail them out. thanks for the fun theme, i enjoyed the challenge.

HeatherR
02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Wow! I love your cards angelmuz!

Mossiccie
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Angelmuz, A+ on the cards! I am sending you my addy now. :)

katrinabean86
02-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Just wanted to share this cool old Peter Pan inspired photo :) I'll be working on the rest of these cards this weekend. I drew out some sketches on my notebook paper during class :p

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CarNcodpCMA/TBbqlYhdohI/AAAAAAAAIAs/RT-2LMguYIE/s1600/peterpangirl-graphicsfairy006.jpg

amykins
02-14-2011, 04:41 AM
great mourning friends. I drew my Arthur's Cosmic Adventure Green skinned beauty Gwenhyfar ON THE BACK OF PETER AND TINK!!!! so. must redo. sad day. sniff.

Mossiccie
02-14-2011, 05:20 PM
It truely is a tragic tale, Amykins. Hopefully there will be more wonderful Peter Pan creations to come!

In much happier news, another envie arrived today! Kentuckydakota, your cards have winged it all the way to Neverland! Thank you so much for the extra hostie card and the Peter Pan stickers! They're so cool!

kentuckydakota
02-14-2011, 08:25 PM
You are very welcome. I'm so glad they arrived.

katrinabean86
02-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok, I'm officially concentrating on this swap. Now that the collage-a-thon is over, I can get back to focusing on drawing so I promise my cards will be done and out to you in the next couple of days :)

Here's my second card. I was too excited about it to wait until I had the other two done. This took me like two hours, haha. I'm so slow.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Nana-Peter_Pan_Swap.jpg Nana

kentuckydakota
02-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh beautiful card! Nana is one of my fav characters!

Mossiccie
02-15-2011, 09:31 PM
That is fatastically adorable! Keep up the awesome cards!

kpax
02-16-2011, 09:32 AM
The Nana card is so great, Katrinabean! :) And i know what you mean about being slow- may cards all seem to take me a few hours these days. I always thought that getting better would mean I got faster- the opposite seems to be true!

momoruth
02-16-2011, 03:23 PM
My cards are ready...about to scan them...may I have your addy please

Mossiccie
02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
You bet! Thrilled to hear that they're on the way!

Mossiccie
02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
More good news! I found cards in my mail box today!

Thank you thank you so much to SunTrade for the hostess card and for the little goodies inside. I can't get over how generous everyone is being in this swap! You guys are amazing. I hope you know that. I feel so spoiled rotten. :)

SunTrade
02-17-2011, 02:44 AM
. I always thought that getting better would mean I got faster- the opposite seems to be true!

Well that is true. The more I learn art ( I usually work with oil paintings of considerable size) the more you demand of yourself. There has been times one painting takes me over three months. Right now I am working on a portrait of my son playing soccer that has been for almost a year in my garage, and you can hardly see the face features!

BTW I love the Nana card.

momoruth
02-17-2011, 08:20 AM
my cards

Mossiccie
02-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Great cards, momoruth! Can't wait to see them in real life!

And yes, I agree with everyone else. Getting better at art so often means it takes more time. But it's worth the effort! I love creating cards that actually took a little sweat and blood, so to speak, and paid off in the end.

kentuckydakota
02-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Adorable cards! Just love that Cap'n Hook! This swap has so many talented artists! I'm amazed how beautifully these are turning out!

katrinabean86
02-17-2011, 12:04 PM
I love your cards, Ruth! So great! The Captain Hook one is pretty awesome.

Struggled through another card today, :p Drawing the lines in pencil alone took me an hour...lol well they're coming along at least. I love this swap so much. You have no idea how important Peter Pan was to me when I was little. Next time I post I'll add the photo of my little Peter doll I got last year from the Disney store :D So cute.

Btw, here's the card, inked and colored. One more and I'll be ready to send :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Wenty_s_Flight-Peter_Pan_Swap.jpg Wendy's Flight

SunTrade
02-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I love everyone's work!

katrinabean86
02-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Last card! Yay! :) I wanted to do Tiger Lily as soon as I joined but I held off so I could do the other ones first. I always loved her and thought she was so cool. I used a reference picture for this (which, of course, I can't find anymore to show you) but tried to make it my own as much as possible.

Anyway, here it is, and here's my peter pan doll to prove how much of a nerd I am :D

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Tiger_Lily-Peter_Pan_Swap.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_172686_529054115549_139801328_30957668_4048605_o .jpg

He's so cute in real life! And super soft. Btw, I'm 24, so if anyone belongs in Neverland, it's me, because I'm totally never growing up XD

Mossiccie
02-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Things are looking great!

sabrinalouisemiller
02-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey Em,
Okay, sign me up! I have my cards mostly finished - I still have some finishing touch painting to do on them though. If I get them into the mail this week will they get to you in time?

Mossiccie
02-21-2011, 01:47 AM
They will be so fantastically on time it will be fantastic!

Woo-hoo! So glad you joined us Ms. Sabrina!

You bring up a good point too. We are getting close to the swap deadline! For those who do not live in Canada (which is nearly everyone) I strongly suggest mailing your cards by the end of this week in order to garuntee that they be on time. If you do not live in the States or Canada, definately get them in lickety split! Cards that are too late to swap out are a sad, sad thing and they have happened to me before, so please keep mailing times to Canada in mind.

Mossiccie
02-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Two types of good news today! I got word that more players are sending in their cards (always welcome info) and today in the mail I got some beauties newly arrived!

Angelmuz, your delightful cards are now in my hands! Thank you for the extra hostie card and the loonie as well! They are both mightily appreciated.

amykins
02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
sent mine but we got hit by a snowstorm... so... hopefully they reach you!!! :(

Mossiccie
02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
We got hit by snow today too. I guess it's just still that time of year!

They should have more than enough time to reach me, amykins, even with the snow delay. I will watch for them! :D

sabrinalouisemiller
02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey, my cards went out to you today. I cannot post things in threads yet but they are in my gallery. Check them out.

I'm really glad that I had the time to join - what a fun and close-to-my-heart theme this was to do! I don't think that the scans did the pieces justice either - the colour transitions are much smoother on the cards.

Mossiccie
02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
The cards are even better in real life!? They are flat out incredible, Sabrina! I'm so glad you had time to join the swap. You totally rocked the theme, which I knew you would. :)

As a quick note to people, the deadline doth approach. I won't be able to wait super long after the deadline for cards to come in either, so do keep this in mind when mailing your cards. But really, this should be good news. No one likes a sluggish swap ending anyway, right? :D

Getting seriously excited about all the cards. I need to go haunt my mail box.

katrinabean86
02-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Wow those cards truly are beautiful. I love how you drew the captain :) Very dastardly.

Mossiccie
03-01-2011, 12:54 AM
A few more cards have landed here in Neverland!

Rockinrobin, thank you so much for the lovely host card and money towards postage! I was very excited to open up the envie and see all the pretties. :)

katrinabean86
03-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Hope that my cards get there soon! Getting a little worried about them.

Mossiccie
03-01-2011, 03:19 AM
I wouldn't worry too much, Katrinabean. It can take a little while for cards to reach where I live and on top of that we've had a smattering of snowy days lately. Victoria is usually the least snowy part of Canada and so, rather comically, our city's infrastructure panics when it DOES snow. So yeah. I'm sure they're on their way with no problems.

reneenault
03-01-2011, 05:47 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4595/1_atcs727web.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4595/1_atcs728web.jpg

Okay, my first 2 are done, next 2 almost done!

katrinabean86
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Wow those cards are epic.

And as for snow panic, that's the same with southern california and rain...one drop and people lose their minds.

kentuckydakota
03-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Those are stunning!!! Wow!

Mossiccie
03-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Wow! Renee, just wow. I absolutely can't wait to see the next couple.

Good to know other places panic from mild weather. I do remember once getting caught in a sudden California downpour at Disneyland. Being from the Westcoast of BC, our family huddled under an overhanging roof for the worst of it and then shrugged our shoulders and walked out into it. It stopped pretty quick, but during the hour or so where it was raining, I think Disneyland sold roughly a thousand ponchos, judging from what the lineups then looked like.

katrinabean86
03-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Hah :D That's so funny. Ponchos are big business in Disneyland! They stock up when it's supposed to rain because everyone buys them :p We still have some that we bought years and years ago.

HeatherR
03-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I mailed mine out today. :)

amykins
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
oh my, Renee, those mermaids are incredible! love both of them. It's just going to be so interesting to see the final end of this swap - Mossiccie, i'm jealous of you getting to see all this amazing art, up close and personal!

Mossiccie
03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I have wonderful news!

Two sets of cards winged their way into Neverland today, and they are gorgeous! A huge thanks to Amykins and Katrinabean86 for the lovely cards, especially for the hostess cards and extra postage! You guys are incredible. :)

Katrinabean, your cards are even better in person. So adorable, so wonderful.

Amykins, I will scan a few of your cards and post them to the thread so that our fellow swappers can see them. They deserve to be seen. They're so beauitful!

katrinabean86
03-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Yay! :D Thanks so much. Glad they got there safely. I think this has been one of my favorite swaps I've ever done. <3

amykins
03-02-2011, 06:21 PM
why tanks :D i'm glad they reached you in time! awesome swap. Take care ya'll.

Mossiccie
03-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Alrighty! Here are the cards amykins sent me. Sadly, they didn't scan as beautifully as they look in real life, but they at least give the idea.

kentuckydakota
03-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I wish we could do Peter Pan all year long. I just love all the cards!

katrinabean86
03-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Ohhhhh. They really are gorgeous! So beautiful.

Mossiccie
03-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Sorry to hear you have to go, Wendy510 but thank you for letting me know! Best of luck with all your class work!

amykins
03-03-2011, 04:53 PM
guh, those totally didn't scan well. pfft, technology. But! thanks for scanning them for me! my scanner will be fixed.... someday... =D I totally agree with Kentuckydakota, i would love to do this again. =P

Mossiccie
03-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm so glad that everyone's having such a great time making cards up for the swap! When I picked the theme, I figured it had a lot of potential, so I'm thrilled you're all finding it with such enthusiasm. :)

kpax
03-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Amy, we can totally see the awesomeness of your cards through the sub-par scan- lovely work!

Renee, I am very very excited to see your next two cards... :)

I've been reading the book for inspiration and at this point I have too much! I want to illustrate everything I read! Therefore, I second the call for year-long Peter Pan swaps ;)

katrinabean86
03-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Amy, we can totally see the awesomeness of your cards through the sub-par scan- lovely work!

Renee, I am very very excited to see your next two cards... :)

I've been reading the book for inspiration and at this point I have too much! I want to illustrate everything I read! Therefore, I second the call for year-long Peter Pan swaps ;)

I third that call! So that means it's a go, right? :D This was so much fun!

Mossiccie
03-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Year long Peter Pan Swaps? Yowza!

I agree that this is a fantastically fun theme. It's going to be a little while until I host another swap after this one, however. I'm moving just a little after this all wraps up and I want to be properly settled in before I get another one going.

It really is awesome knowing people are having such a great time making the cards. It's been fantastic receiving them and oooing and ahhhing at all the pretties that come to me. Everyone's been so generous too! Just so fantastic. :)

SunTrade
03-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Those cards are amazing!

Mossiccie
03-05-2011, 02:14 PM
More good news in the wonderful world of cards!

I have received cards now from duckduckgoose! Thank you so much for the postage and the extra hostie card!

It's just a few more days until the deadline. Can you feel the excitement mounting? :D Remember, if anyone is having problems meeting the deadline, it's always better to communicate and let me know. I've commited myself to giving neutral itraders for no cards/no communication and I'd really rather not have to give any out. :unsure:

Otherwise though, we are now into the exciting aspect of the swap. :D My little box full of swap cards is becoming better and better. Oh, the anticipation!

reneenault
03-06-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4595/1_atcs736web.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4595/1_atcs737web.jpg

Okay, here are my last 2, on their way to you now - hopefully because you're so close they won't take long to arrive.

kentuckydakota
03-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I am still amazed at the detail in these. Wow! Just Wow!

Mossiccie
03-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow, Renee!

I love them, especially the Lost Boys. I'm sure they'll arrive quite quickly. Looking forward to seeing them. :)

katrinabean86
03-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Oh man I can't believe how awesome your cards are! Such a tiny scale but so much beauty :)

Mossiccie
03-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Cards cards cards!

Great day for post today! Cards came from sabrinalouisemiller, HeatherR and Prairiemouse! Thank you to Sabrina and Prairiemouse for the extra postage, and thank you so much for the hostess card, Heather!

Tomorrow is the swap deadline, but I am probably going to wait a few extra days since I know there are some cards still on their way through the mail. It shouldn't take too long for returns though, so the excitement should be starting soon!

amykins
03-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh my gosh i love Tiger Lilly! that is brilliant. :D all the cards have been so much fun! I can't wait to see what comes to live at my house. bahha!

Mossiccie
03-10-2011, 03:33 PM
More cards in!

Momoruth, thank you very much for the hostess card and spare postage!

I have almost everyone now. Things are getting might exciting. :D

Mossiccie
03-14-2011, 03:20 PM
The news you all have waited for....

Today reneenault`s cards arrived, which means I have everyone`s cards in! That means that it`s time to start swapping out! Renee, thank you a million times over for the hostie card! So many fabulous cards to choose from. Oh, how to pick?

I'm hoping to get them out either today or tomorrow, but the latest that they'll be out is Wednesday, so it's almost time to start stalking your mailman and setting perimeters up around your postal boxes. I'll let you all know when the cards have officially gone out.

Thank you to everyone for making this swap incredible! You have all been fantastic and this whole swap has gone so smoothly. You'll hear from me again very soon!

katrinabean86
03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Hooray! :D I've never been more excited for returns in the four months I've been doing ATCs. Thanks so much for hosting :)

kentuckydakota
03-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh this is so exciting!!!:jiggy: Can't wait!

Mossiccie
03-15-2011, 02:10 AM
Hello my fellow swappers!!!!

SO! I just uploaded to my gallery four more cards that I did for this swap! Since I got so many lovely hostie cards, most of them are going as surprise extras! OH THE EXCITEMENT!!!!!!

kentuckydakota
03-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Those are lovely!

kpax
03-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Fab cards, Mossiccie! I heart them all! :)

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for sharing their wonderful Peter Pan art! It has been so great watching it show up.

I also wanted to apologize for (as Mossiccie knows) having to drop the swap. I have half finished Peter Pan cards sitting with my art supplies at home, but life the last few weeks has been too complicated and unforgiving for me to get them finished. I will finish eventually, but they will have to be private trades. I'm sad to be missing out on the swapping fun :(

Best wishes to you all in getting your beautiful returns! And thanks to Mossiccie for being a super host!

katrinabean86
03-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Sorry you couldn't be part of the swapping, kpax! :( Your cards are always lovely. I vote for another round of this some time in the future, though!

SunTrade
03-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Mossiccie those are are great! I specially like hook gives his arm, and time after time.

I can;t wait for the return cards! This has been a fabulous swap!

:jiggy:

Mossiccie
03-16-2011, 05:59 PM
So glad you've enjoyed the swap so much too, SunTrade!

Alright, so good news! I am back from the post office and envis should be winging their way to you all soon! Remember when they arrive to give itrader to me and rep points (You Rock!) to those who you receive cards from.

Everyone worked very hard and submitted great cards for this swap, so I hope you'll all enjoy your returns. Also, I now officially need to buy more Peter Pan stickers. There were just enough in my collection to put one on each envelope. :P

katrinabean86
03-19-2011, 02:56 PM
:jiggy: Can't believe I'm the first one to get returns on two swaps! As soon as I saw 'Canada' on the envie I was like, "omg! Peter Pan!!!" lol. You have all made me so happy with my returns. I think this has truly been my favorite swap in the almost five months since I've been here. Received cards from rockinrobin, prairiemouse, and suntrade, as well as one of Mossiccie's beyond fabulous cards. So honored to be a part of this swap! Thanks for making it so great!!

Mossiccie
03-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Wow, that was quick! The mail must be pretty fast from here to Cali, I often find my cards turn up there sooner than other places.

So glad you enjoyed them! Hopefully this week will be filled with card receiving fun. :)

sabrinalouisemiller
03-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Guess what I got today!
Fabuloso returns - I scored the much-coveted Tiger Lily from from reneenault, a very pretty mermaid from angelmuz, and the fantastic "Hook tipped his hat and offered Wendy his arm" from our host, Mossiccie. Thanks Em, this was a very fun trade!

rockinrobin
03-21-2011, 09:01 PM
got my returns today!!! time and death by duckduckgoose, the hook by jo.on.the.go and mad tink from Heather R thanks to you all and the host

SunTrade
03-21-2011, 10:37 PM
I got my cards today and I love them ALL.!

Left you rock points and i trader.

Thank you guys!

duckduckgoose
03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
super returns in my box today... thank you Mossiccie for hosting :o)
thanks to Pami, Katrinabean86 and Momoruth for beautifully
drawn cards! woohoo!

Mossiccie
03-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Hurray!

So glad to hear that returns are making it to people!

jo.on.the.go
03-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Great swap - great returns. Thanks for hosting, Emily. And thanks to these artists whose cards I received:
katrinabean86 - Tiger Lily
amykins - All Children Grow Up - except one
SunTrade - Love? (I couldn't send you a rep yet because I received a card from you in the last swap. Will catch it when I can).

kentuckydakota
03-22-2011, 08:55 PM
A beautiful Wendy-bird flew my cards to me today and oh, I can't stop gushing over them! Heather R's Peter Pan and Wendy, PAMI's Cap'n Hook, and Reneenault's Peter and Tink. Love them all you guys.
Thank you wonderful swap host!
This was so fun. We must do this theme again some day.

reneenault
03-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Got mine! Gorgeous cards from Amykins (Lost Boy), sabrinalouisemiller (Faceoff), and Mossiccie (Night After Night). They are all beautiful!! Thanks everyone, and thanks to Mossiccie for hosting! :)

Mossiccie
03-23-2011, 05:34 PM
So glad to hear all the little lost boys are finding their way to their new homes!

Mossiccie
04-04-2011, 11:11 AM
It's been a while since I've heard news of any returns but there are still several swappers out there who I haven't heard back from. Are the cards making it to everyone ok?