PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in an Address/Rollo a thon?

Theresagram
01-15-2011, 03:57 PM
I've seen some of the rollos that people trade/collect and love the idea!

I've traded with so many people on here and my addresses are a mess. I'm so disorganized. I would love to get a collection of address cards from people I trade with so they're handy when I'm trading.

Ginabee and I were talking and both thought it might be fun to have an a-thon for this. :) Would anyone else like to do this?

I'm thinking that everyone could post in the thread what size they need. If you have rollos you could post dimensions and maybe you'd want to cut your own bottom part...I know some rollos have different shaped cuts in the bottom. And for those who would rather do index card type...just post the dimensions.

So your post might look something like this....

Theresgram
4x6 cards
Any medium
Chunky is fine
A pic of you would be fun

So, anyone interested? Any thoughts?

Cat's Cradle
01-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Sounds like fun to me!

catscradle
4 inch square
chunky page style (left 1/2 in free of embellishments)
any medium
sturdy - think thin corrugated cardboard, light chipboard
photo if you like
decorate both sides (thanks ginabee!)

I'm planning on making a chunky address book.

Theresagram
01-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Oh, that sounds like a great idea...a chunky address book! Cool!

ginabee
01-15-2011, 06:38 PM
This would be FUN!

ginabee
3x5 cards
Any medium
flat/thin ok to use cereal box, decorate both sides. Ribbons only on top.

bluesybreeze
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Oooooh! This would be fantastic! I have just now started rolos and I only have ONE and it is very lonely.

bluesybreeze
3x5 rolodex cards - circular type
Any medium
flat/thinish - decorate both sides
I can cut my own holes

Theresagram
01-16-2011, 10:44 PM
BB...would you prefer to cut your own slot things at the bottom? Or would you rather send you blanks for people to decorate?

bluesybreeze
01-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Sorry, I can cut my own. It's just that the backs will flip over from top to bottom instead of side to side. I am new at this, so bear with me :unsure:

Theresagram
01-17-2011, 11:53 AM
No problem BB. Do you have a blank you could post a pic of so we all get the idea? :spinny:

bluesybreeze
01-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Sure, I'm posting a blank and one I have for trade. I'll also send blanks to anyone who would like to make one for themselves or for trade. As the rolodex turns the card flips down. So....The holes are at the bottom for the front and the holes are at the top for the back. Thanks

These are the sames cards - just different views of their fronts and backs.

Theresagram
01-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Cool. So they are 3x5 with rounded corners and you prefer to cut your own slot thingies or send someone blanks. :spinny: That's easy enough.

Trinasatc's
01-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Bluesybreeze, I would love to have two or three cards if you don't mind.I will send you some pretty card stock in return.Will send back an Altered one for you.Just pm if you are interested.

NiteOwl
01-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Oh Me! I want to join this Address-A-Thon! I joined the original list but dropped out because I got every size but what I needed. So I have some cool ones but they don't fit in my Rolodex. Mine turns like blusybreeze's does so the front the holes (which I
will make) are on the bottom and the back the holes are on the top. But mine is smaller than blusybreeze's. Mine need to be 4 1/2 x 2 1/2". I would prefer hand drawn (ink) or painted but I do love collage but people seem to make them so thick
that I can't cut the holes in the bottom or they are so thick that they won't flip when the wheel (rolodex) is turned. So please make mine thin. Thanks!

Theresagram
01-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Cool Niteowl! Do you have a pic you can post of a blank? :)

Cat's Cradle
01-18-2011, 12:23 PM
I like that T is asking us what we want for size. I would much rather make 100 different sizes and people get what they need rather than sending something that won't be used. :)

bluesybreeze
01-23-2011, 10:16 AM
I have a chunky page in the mail for Sweet Tea - my first ever - but I think I goofed. I didn't put my address on there. I forgot that this thread is about address, but it is also about an a-thon. So, I guess I'll do another one for her when we have the a-thon. Don't think I made it chunky enough. There is a gold ribbon hanging off the side.

AmericanHwyFlower
03-11-2011, 04:34 AM
what ever happened to this idea of an 'athon'??

GoldenWolf
03-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes, is this an upcoming a-thon or another thread for people looking to collect address cards in rolo and non-rolo format?

Theresagram
03-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Well, I was trying to get enough people interested in an a-thon, but we could do it as an on going thread if that works better for people. :)

KatieV
03-11-2011, 10:53 AM
I'd do an a-thon if it's in April -- we're moving, but will be living in our new place long enough for me to get back in the rolo business :jiggy:

Theresagram
03-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Great Katie. April would work for me because I'm hoping I'll be done being sick.

How's everyone else with an a-thon in April?

Cat's Cradle
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Personally, I wouldn't be able to do an athon till May. I'm really busy right now.

GoldenWolf
03-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I only thought the rolos were circular or flat, but all the same size. I was interested in getting started with them, but if thre are that many multiple formats, I think maybe I should stick to one on one trades so people can be specific about what they want. Not sure this lends itself to a roloathon.

Theresagram
03-11-2011, 04:23 PM
GW, I was basically thinking of an address card-a-thon. Where everyone specifies what size/type address card they are collecting. I'm collecting 4x6 cards so I'd post that and anyone who wanted one from me, would make a 4x6 card for me and I'd make whatever size they were collecting. :)

Cat's Cradle
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
I think you may be right Nora. Easier to make a Rolo/Address trading list so that people can list sizes and themes.

amyfaerie
03-11-2011, 05:01 PM
i would definitely play in an April -athon!

grrrdjules
03-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Hmmm, so as an a-thon people would make rolos with their info and people would ask for them in trade like a regular a-thon? In which case the size really would matter. Rolos are 5x3 and flat or circular with the little thingies (I am so technical!!!) cut out. Otherwise it's not so much an a-thon as a MMH or the already running rolo thread. Maybe contact the current rolo host and co-host a totally new event - the Speed Dating rolo weekend. Just my thoughts. There could be a totally cool chunky 4x4 address card that I wouldn't be able to trade for because I already have a rolo collection.

Theresagram
03-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks for your input Grrr! :jiggy:

AmericanHwyFlower
03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
count me in

Theresagram
03-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks Bren!