PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Oregon Live Gathering August 19-20th

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

RobbyGirl
01-17-2011, 04:04 PM
2011 Oregon Live Gathering
August 19, 20, 21st. 2011

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1024867&postcount=368)

WHAT TO BRING (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1024873&postcount=369)

I'm happy to announce that OLG is making a huge upgrade this year!

I've secured a block of 15 rooms at the Best Western Riverfront Hotel (http://www.hoodriverinn.com)
and a beautiful 1200 square foot conference room with a Mountain View for our use, round the clock while we are there!

I received the rooms at a discount rate. They all have 2 Queen size beds and include breakfast in the very nice hotel restaurant.

Standard View Rooms are $148 per night
River View Rooms are $166 per night
(Very reasonable if you are sharing a room for two nights! I will pay the fee for the art/conference room as a gift to you all for coming!)

Please call the hotel and put a room in your name as soon as possible.
When you make the reservation tell them that you are with a group and identify it as Oregon Live Gathering. 800-828-7873

I will be back soon with more details for this wonderful weekend of arting together!

Other events in Hood River (http://www.hoodriverfruitloop.com/calendar/apple.html) that weekend if you want to get out and about

Who's Attending? (30 so far) Room Reserved=Blue
1.Robin (RobbyGirl)
2.Julie (JAW)
3.Helen (HHC)
4.Martha (MRubyJean)
5.Christie (with Martha)
6.Nancy (Dragonstarr)
7.Trina (HOTMAMRAMA)
8.Shay (SHaynola)
9.Mellanie (GenXster)
10.Traci (Phoenix)
11.Christine (Rogue Gal)
12. ELS
13.Shara (Sharazoid)
14. Amy (AmyFaerie)
15.Debby (Debba Peot)
16.Mellanie S (and Family)
17.Rod (PixelDog)
18.Denise (FItz1000)
19.Go-Go Gadget Girl
20.Aubrey (Oddbreed)
21.Beth (Red Heart Studios)
22.Janis Elain
23.Meran
24.Sharon (Enotneica)
25.and Friend
26.Aubrey (OddBreed Day Tripper)
27.Kathleen S (Day Trippers)
28.Katey Price (Local)
29.Lisa Peterson (Local Sculpture Artist) Local no hotel room)
30.Gretchen Newcomb (Local)

Whose rooming with whom?
Julie (JAW) and Helen (HHC)
Martha (MRubyJean) and Christie
Nancy (Dragonstarr) and Trina (HOTMAMRAMA)and Shay (SHaynola)
Mellanie (GenXster) and Traci (Phoenix)
Christine (Rogue Gal)and ELS
Shara (Sharazoid) Amy (AmyFaerie), Beth (RedheartStudio)
Debby (Debba Peot)
Melanie S (and Family)
Rod (PixelDog)
Denise (FItz1000)
Peggy (Go-Go Gadget Girl)
Meran

Janis Elain
Kathleen S (Day Trippers)
Katey Price (Local)
Lisa Peterson (Local Sculpture Artist) Local no hotel room)
Gretchen Newcomb (Local)

RobbyGirl
01-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Wonderful Dari, let me know when you book a room and I'll add you to the attending list. We had a blast last year!

jaw
01-17-2011, 04:32 PM
I'll make reservations asap! Helen riverview ok with you?

DRAGONSTARR
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Anyone want to split a room with some one who snores? I'll bring earplugs :D

Genxster
01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
I HAVE to go this time!!!! I just need to figure out transportation since I don't drive. I'll check w/ my dh and hopefully book a room tomorrow.

Anyone want to split a standard room with me?

RobbyGirl
01-17-2011, 08:32 PM
I bet one of the girls coming down from the Seattle area could pick up if he can't do it. It is on the way :) Any volunteers to give Mel baby a ride?

HHC
01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I'll make reservations asap! Helen riverview ok with you?

why yes, that will be just lovely!

*read as H**L YES! YAHOO!* ;)

HHC
01-17-2011, 08:39 PM
And our own art room! I'm so excited! :jiggy:

Thanks for arranging this Robin!

HotMamaRama
01-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Own art room 24/7!! SWEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!
And that Best Western was SOOOO nice!!! What a great deal!!!

I'd love to attend again (if you'll have me), but I'm not sure where I will be living at that point, so I'll have to get back with you when I know something.

Nancy (Dragonstar) I'll share a room with you if I get to come, but if you find someone else willing and able to commit before I can, that is A-OKAY.

I'm marking my calendar now - just to be optimistic!!!! :)

HotMamaRama
01-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Silver Seam - a bunch of us from WA, OR, and me from AK all got together in Hood River to art (a bit) Drink (a lot) and visit some cool places in that area for inspiration! We went to lavendar fields, wine tasting, and hung out at Robin Dearest for art food, and fun!!! It was fabulous and a great chance to meet AFAers in person!!!

wildholly
01-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Oh so glad you've set a date....definitely want to be there.
Last year was wonderful!
Will get back to you Robin once we get back home and sort out the travel plans.
Still in AZ. enjoying the sweet weather here.
Sounds even better with a big ol craft room. How great!
Thanks you lucky bug!

RobbyGirl
01-18-2011, 01:08 AM
nice. Well I live up in BC. Next year I might be able to consider it... that is, if it would be okay. It will all depend on my financial situation. Sounds awesome.

You are welcome anytime SilverSeam. I plan to keep this an annual event as long as people are willing to come!

Genxster
01-18-2011, 01:29 AM
I just booked a standard room. Can't wait for more details.

RobbyGirl
01-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Awesome Mel!

Genxster
01-18-2011, 01:51 AM
I'd love to share my room with someone. I don't snore, unless I have cold...

My husband offered to rent a car to drive me over and drop me off. (Isn't he a sweetie?) But if I could hitch a ride with someone that would be even better.

RobbyGirl
01-18-2011, 02:39 AM
He is a Sweetie but I bet someone will be willing to give you a lift. Calling anyone driving through or by Portland to give Mel a lift to Hood River.

Phoenix
01-18-2011, 04:39 AM
I can't believe it! This is a dream! How far is Hood River from Medford, OR? I'm way south OR and haven't lived here that long, so I don't know the state well.

I'm a definite-almost-absolutely maybe. Need to check finances, since I have a feeling Hood River is a ways for me. I don't suppose any Northern CA folks will be headed up? I'm right off the 5!

I'm thinking, but me down as a yes. I want to make this happen. I will post more once I know more.

:jiggy:

RobbyGirl
01-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi Phoenix, we'd love to have you. I'm pretty sure we will have people coming from both Grants Pass and Eugene, both of which would be on your route up. Maybe you can establish a meet up and carpool at least part of the way. We did have some Cali interest last year so someone might come up this year too.

lilbad
01-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Genxter, I can pick u up, so u don't have to do that!

Genxster
01-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Wonderful!

lilbad
01-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Should have said, if I go...that is to be decided yet. Will keep you posted! I want to but have to work out the time yet.

Phoenix
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
lilbad - I'm coming up from Medford. Still not sure where Hood River is, and maybe someone will come up from Cali and give me a ride, but if not maybe we could ride together. Just keep it in mind.

I will probably want to share a room, and I snore...so I'll just mention that now (hee hee)

wildholly
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Phoenix, I'm in GP so not far from you...
We are away right now until Feb. but might be able to work on some plans soon.

Phoenix
01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
wildholly - it sounds like I'll be coming through grants pass on my way up...I haven't googled the hotel yet, so I'm not sure how far we are going. My car seats four, but I do have to make sure no one at my house needs it for that weekend. But we have plenty of time to plan, so I have plenty of time to arrange it. Getting more :jiggy:

RobbyGirl
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Traci Hood River is 1 hour East of Portland on the Columbia River. :)

jaw
01-19-2011, 03:17 PM
When I called the hotel to reserve I was told that he can't confirm this yet and that I needed to contact our "organizer" ... they have no contract yet, and to call back next week. FYI

mrubyjean
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
The woman I spoke with told me the contract was "in the works"...I went ahead and booked at the higher rate and said I'd call back next week to see if the contract had been finalized.

RobbyGirl
01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
No problem they just want to know how many Riverside and how many Standard views we want. I'll call him and just tell him to split it down the middle and get them to send the silly contract. I wouldn't worry too much they'll adjust the rate when you pay if they don't do it now.

RobbyGirl
01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Just spoke with Mac he said they "Think" they have it fixed in their system but wait one more day just to make sure it takes.

smokeysmom
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I plan on attending. I like to have my own room, but would be happy to catch a ride with someone else driving up from Central Oregon:)

smokeysmom
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
RobbyGirl Aug. 19th & 20th are a Friday and Saturday, so do people check in on Friday or the Thursday before? And then check out on Sunday? Are there workshops planned? Just curious:)

RobbyGirl
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Checking in on Friday (as early as you want) and out on Sunday or Monday as suits you. If anyone wants to come in on Thursday I am happy to have you over to hang out at my house to do art for the evening.

We haven't planned workshops yet but I'm chewing on the idea right now and interested in anything anyone has to offer. I've been working with this peeled paint effect that I thought might be fun to show to everyone. I'd love it if Julie would do another session on carving rubber stamps!

RobbyGirl
01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Everyone keep me updated as you book your rooms and who your roommate will be if you have one. This will allow me to know if I need to add more rooms to our block. Thanks :spinny: It's super helpful if you book your rooms early, if you know you'll be attending.

jaw
01-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Helen and I can walk y'all through carving stamps ... it's easy and fun.
I'll call tomorrow and get our room booked. :O) thanks! (I would've gone ahead and booked it but he said call back next week and hung up ... so I figured ... ok .. I'll call back! LOL)

RobbyGirl
01-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Helen and I can walk y'all through carving stamps ... it's easy and fun.
I'll call tomorrow and get our room booked. :O) thanks! (I would've gone ahead and booked it but he said call back next week and hung up ... so I figured ... ok .. I'll call back! LOL)

Thanks Jules, I missed your little hotel session last year and I really love those little birdie stamps you carved!

HotMamaRama
01-20-2011, 10:00 AM
And the wine and the ten minute sketching of each other, and the giggles, made the learning to carve on erasers that much more fun. Good times!

lilbad
01-20-2011, 11:24 AM
AK, met Redheartstudio here in Lake Havasu...you will have a good playmate when u move down here? When is that?

HotMamaRama
01-20-2011, 02:14 PM
I so jealous that you got to meet Beth IRL before me!!! But I have no doubt that she and I are going to have some serious fun hanging out together!! My mom is planning to move to Lake Havasu after we get down there, which I will work quite nicely for dropping off my kids at grandma's while I go art it up with RHS!
We are ready to go to AZ now. Just waiting on someone to buy our house here first. Hubby has already started work down there.

goatgirl
01-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Phoenix, I'm in GP so not far from you...
We are away right now until Feb. but might be able to work on some plans soon.

Phoenix and WildHolly, I'm in Medford, and might be interested in attending. . .

DRAGONSTARR
01-20-2011, 09:39 PM
AK ...I'll book a room and you give me a holler and let me know. I still have to find someone to work for me on friday. Yippee :D

Own art room 24/7!! SWEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!
And that Best Western was SOOOO nice!!! What a great deal!!!

I'd love to attend again (if you'll have me), but I'm not sure where I will be living at that point, so I'll have to get back with you when I know something.

Nancy (Dragonstar) I'll share a room with you if I get to come, but if you find someone else willing and able to commit before I can, that is A-OKAY.

I'm marking my calendar now - just to be optimistic!!!! :)

OrganicMama
01-20-2011, 10:05 PM
I can make it for one day. I don't think I can ask my husband and kids (the baby will still be a frequent nursling) to give me up for more than that. But that's way better than nothing! So plan on seeing me on Saturday for several hours.

And my mom (slrandom) has this wicked awesome sharpie/alcohol thing she does. We should make her show a workshop on that. It's totally awesome and wonky.

I'm so glad it's not during Country Fair this year!!

Rogue Gal
01-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Like Genxster, I don't drive, but if I can get a ride up from Eugene I will definately join you all :) Last summer was a blast - wonderful women, art, food, drink, & scenery. Having a conference room for all-hours arting sounds absolutely fantastic!

RobbyGirl
01-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Hooray it's shaping up to be a real party! Diana (Mermaid Fan) just pm'ed to say she was coming with her friend Yvonne.
OM glad you'll be joining us for a little while!
I'm so excited to see everyone again! Goatgirl it's a simple gathering of AFA artist for a long weekend to share and create art, drink wine, sing songs, teach each other technique etc. Hope you'll join us!

Christine I hope you can ride up with Shirley again!

Holly is going to put together a class for us.(She's been teaching all kinds of art for 14 years and says she'll come up with something wild.) Would love to learn Sheri's Sharpie/Alcohol technique if she's coming and wants to share.

wildholly
01-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Phoenix and WildHolly, I'm in Medford, and might be interested in attending. . .

Goatgirl--I hope you decide to join us. I'm sure we'll have a great time and tons of fun.

HotMamaRama
01-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Yay, love that Good Golly Miss Holly is going to show us a thing or two!!
And I'll bring my carved erasers that I made last time if Jaw will share her skills again! :)

Nancy - I seriously plan on coming, just not sure where I'll be at that time, but we will find a way to make it work out.

Phoenix
01-21-2011, 10:29 PM

Medford is just 10 minutes from me (and why haven't we met up before, goatgirl??).

I'm so excited, I want to get all arrangements made so I know for sure its going to happen. Yay!

I hope someone wants to share a room, I can't afford not to.

My car, as I said seats four. I'd prefer not to drive and put the miles on my car, but it is reliable and available. So I will drive if necesary.

RobbyGirl
01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I've upped us to 12 rooms and added a 3rd day for our art room (Friday, Sat, and Sunday) if anyone can chip in on the 3rd day for the art room I'd be grateful but if not I'll scrape it up. I'm paying $100 a day for our art/conference room and I've already covered the cost for the 1st two days as a gift to everyone for coming (and since I don't have to pay for a hotel room I thought I could at least cover the 2 days.)

mrubyjean
01-22-2011, 01:02 AM
I'd be happy to chip in some for the art room on Sunday.

Phoenix
01-22-2011, 01:15 AM
GenXster/Mellanie, do you still need someone to share a room with?

Genxster
01-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Hey phoenix, I'd be happy to share with you. I booked a standard room.

HotMamaRama
01-22-2011, 11:54 AM
If I make it Robin, I will surely throw some cash your way for the art room.

CentralCaliGrrrl
01-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Yep, yep...I coming with Diana (Mermaid Fan)!

RobbyGirl
01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
So glad you'll be joining us Yvonne!

Thanks Martha and Trina, should be just a few bucks if everyone chips in :)

I'm thinking we should plan a meet and greet at the hotel lounge/bar called Cebu on Friday around 4pm? We have the art room available on Friday starting at 4pm too so maybe a few drinks and some dinner and then a bit of art time for anyone who isn't too tired.

I am also completely open to anyone coming earlier in the day on Thursday or Friday and hanging out with me for art/drinks food I'd be thrilled to make myself available.

Phoenix
01-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Yay GenXster, and thank you!

Now I need to get travel plans worked up and I'm all set. We'll keep talking and work it out. I did confirm I can get the car for the weekend, or at least save up to rent one, so I am coming up through grants pass all the way through portland. I'll have room for three.

I very excited, in case you can't tell!

DRAGONSTARR
01-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey Robby and AK...I have booked a standard room :D (I was told that we couldn't check in until 4pm, though on the 19th) bummer :( I was hoping to come up Thursday after work....but will probably come up friday early am. I'll send some money to help with the art room, too.
GenX - I am from Portland...You can catch a ride with me..if the time works out. I would be coming home sometime Sunday afternoon.

Genxster
01-23-2011, 02:29 AM
Thanks Dragonstarr. It's be cool to catch a ride with you. We'll see how things work out in Aug. :D

smokeysmom
01-23-2011, 08:47 AM
There's a gal who lives in Bend, OR; can't remember her name though, I was hoping would attend so I could catch a ride with her??? Anyone else coming from Central Oregon (Bend, Redmond, Madras, Prineville, etc.)?

lilbad
01-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Don't give up on me yet.....!

RobbyGirl
01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
This is really shaping up well! We already have 10 confirmed for hotel rooms (5 rooms) and 2 confirmed for day visits and plenty more in the works. I'm so excited and it's only January!

Rogue Gal
01-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Lilbad has said that she will give me a ride if she comes, and I sure hope that she will! We had such a fabulous time last year!

Robin, I will definately pitch in for the art room if I come - it is so very generous of you to pay the first two days - you are a doll!

Love the idea of the meet and greet too. I look forward to meeting some new folks, and re-connecting with those I met last year.

lilbad
01-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Ya, what she said!!

mermaidfan
01-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Hi everyone! Yvonne and i don't have a clue yet how to get to Hood River or even how long it takes, but that will be fun to work out. We'll be in an SUV that seats 5 comfortably, so we would be happy to pick anyone up anyone that needs a ride and is in our "path"' so to speak. We will also contribute to the extra art room day. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Last year Yvonne co-hosted our California gathering in Monterey, which was 3 days of inspiration and ultra-creativity. So we're very excited to meet up with fellow ATC enthusiasts, plus we get to see some new surroundings.
Please feel free to contact us. E-mail is fine: i'm blondeshellbarbie@yahoo.com; or call (805) 772-7327.
Later-gator,
Diana~mermaidfan

RobbyGirl
01-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Diana we're thrilled you two are making the journey! It should be a lovely drive especially if you have a little extra time and can take 101 up part of the way! Please let me know if you need any help mapping your journey.

RedHeartStudio
01-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Just found out that I have the days off this weekend so I am going to work on booking a room ASAP! I am thinking about driving up that way from here (hopefully with Trina), so if I do, and anyone along my way needs a ride I will be happy to pick them up!!
I would also like to share a room with someone if anyone is interested to cut costs!!

I am so excited!! :)

Sharazoid
01-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, Beth! I am really, really, really gonna try to make this happen. You wanna room together?

Robby, which is the closest airport? I would need a ride from there to hotel & back. I might want/need to stay an extra day or two (if someone could put me up *big hint*)... and I have to check airfares.

RobbyGirl
01-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I'll pm you Shara :)

RedHeartStudio
01-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Wow, Beth! I am really, really, really gonna try to make this happen. You wanna room together?

Robby, which is the closest airport? I would need a ride from there to hotel & back. I might want/need to stay an extra day or two (if someone could put me up *big hint*)... and I have to check airfares.

I would love to share a room!!! and I may be driving up there so I maybe able to pick you up and drop you off if we coordinate right!!!

Sharazoid
01-27-2011, 04:52 PM
That would be awesome. You me & Trina road trippin'! woot!

RedHeartStudio
01-27-2011, 04:59 PM

Woot!! Wild Women on a Road Trip!! yay!! :jiggy:

Now that Robin is retired....she can join us!! 4 crazy ladies on a road trip!!!!

Where to first??????????

Rogue Gal
01-27-2011, 05:30 PM

Wow, sounds like a funmobile!

RobbyGirl
01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm so excited Shara! I'll PM you about airports and extra days and such!

Sharazoid
01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
It is not a done deal. I haven't even mentioned it to my husband (& he would have to be on with the kids & negotiate care while at work...) I am hoping to make it work...especially with all of you that will be there. Now if we could also get the wonderstrange crew, there would be no way I could miss it!

RedHeartStudio
01-27-2011, 07:04 PM
That would be awesome if the Wonderstrange crew went too!! :jiggy:

HotMamaRama
01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Okay - Beth and I are road tripping up to OR, will pick up any strays we think are fun along the way (like Deb in Vegas), then pick up Shara at the airport and bring her out to Hood River! I know my way around PDX pretty well now, and have a friend who works PD at the airport so he could make sure we all connect easily!

I know Amyfaerie wanted to come last time but had family obligations that were happening at the same time, maybe she will tag up with us this time.

Sharazoid
01-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh yes! Let's get Deb out there too!

wildholly
01-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Don't forget a pit stop along the way at my place if you can do it....we can follow each other or meet up on the road someplace..whateva!!:D

RobbyGirl
01-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Oh Man this party is heating up already! Book rooms at the hotel soon so I can see if we need more while they are still available!

Rogue Gal
01-28-2011, 02:58 AM
Okay, it seems like there are enough people driving up I-5 and willing to take passengers that I should be able to catch a ride with someone, so I am planning to be there. Woot!

Robin, I just booked a room so you can mark off another Standard room as taken. If anyone wants to share I'd love to have a roomie (as long as you aren't a loud snorer). Beth, if Shara isn't able to come, maybe you could room with me? Of course I would rather that Shara join the fun!

What an awesome group of artists! And coming from so far away too - I'm amazed!

Robin, do you know if we are allowed to have wine in the conference room?

RobbyGirl
01-28-2011, 03:17 AM
I believe it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission, so yes we must have wine for the art room :). It's not likely they will be checking on us in there. ;)

Phoenix
01-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Don't forget a pit stop along the way at my place if you can do it....we can follow each other or meet up on the road someplace..whateva!!:D

Wildholly, I'm with you. I think goatgirl was thinking about going too, and we are all on the I-5 headed north. If there is room in someone's car coming up from farther south, I could also catch a ride with someone. And there is always the possibility of renting a car, which is what I'll do if I can't get a ride. If I do, then I'll have room for 3 on the way up I-5.

camcas
01-28-2011, 07:54 AM
I wish...I wish...I wish...clicking red shiny shoes together...!

Sharazoid
01-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I wish, too camcas! You should be there. We will try to beam you in.

HotMamaRama
01-28-2011, 02:13 PM
This little gathering may end up beating out the AFA 2011!!! What a wicked fun group of artists!!! Beth, I can see you and I with a car load by time we reach Oregon! ha ha Or at least THE BESTEST MOST FUNNEST CARAVAN EVER!!!!! Now I'm thinking, I may just skip AFA 2011 for all of you lovelies!!!

And I 100% concur with the "Better to apologize later, than ask permission" reasoning. Has always worked well for me so far. :)

wildholly
01-28-2011, 06:07 PM
YAYYYYYYY! I've booked my room.

Rogue Gal
01-28-2011, 06:08 PM
I was so excited after booking my room last night that I couldn't get to sleep! I can't wait!

grrrdjules
01-28-2011, 06:52 PM
ACK! You all are going to have a blast and a half!

HHC
01-28-2011, 07:10 PM
jaw and HHC have reservations for a riverside room, for Friday and Saturday, for the record. (edit: woops! you already had us down... lol!)

What is wonderstrange?

RobbyGirl
01-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Okay 7 of 12 rooms booked and it's only January!

Helen Wonderstrange is CindyJob, AmyFaerie, AnnD, TheMuppet and Nanners new Art Venture website (art for sale, tutorials etc.) Here's a link (http://www.wonderstrange.com/)

DRAGONSTARR
01-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Okay - Beth and I are road tripping up to OR, will pick up any strays we think are fun along the way (like Deb in Vegas), then pick up Shara at the airport and bring her out to Hood River! I know my way around PDX pretty well now, and have a friend who works PD at the airport so he could make sure we all connect easily!

I know Amyfaerie wanted to come last time but had family obligations that were happening at the same time, maybe she will tag up with us this time.

AK and Shara....I am here in Portland...if you'd like I could see if I could pick Shara up and take her to Hood River. I can fit 3 comfortably in my car...any more than that...it's going to be squashed what with luggage and art stuff. GenX may be riding with me, she is going to let me know closer to the date and that would make 3. Let me know :D

Sharazoid
01-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the offer Dragonstarr. I think that Beth & Trina want to be the ones to get me, but it will depend some on what time my flight is. Will let you know as we get closer to the event.

lilbad
01-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Wouldn't u know that we have two other events that weekend. It's not looking good for me. I am glad to see Rogue and Genx have other ride options. If things change here, will let u know Robby!

HotMamaRama
01-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Nancy I love ya darling, but if anybody is picking Shara up at the airport it had better be me!!! :). But we can all meet up along the way and caravan to hood river together! That way we all show up at the same time!

I have already informed my mother that she will be watching my kids for those days, so I have child care covered. (theoretically- with my mom, one never knows where she will be come August.) And I just have to run it by the hubby when I know he is receptive. ;)

Beth how many days do you think you will be able to get away for this road trip? Just wondering if we'll have to drive "Balls to the wall" or if we can take the scenic leisurely route.

RedHeartStudio
01-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Nancy I love ya darling, but if anybody is picking Shara up at the airport it had better be me!!! :). But we can all meet up along the way and caravan to hood river together! That way we all show up at the same time!

I have already informed my mother that she will be watching my kids for those days, so I have child care covered. (theoretically- with my mom, one never knows where she will be come August.) And I just have to run it by the hubby when I know he is receptive. ;)

Beth how many days do you think you will be able to get away for this road trip? Just wondering if we'll have to drive "Balls to the wall" or if we can take the scenic leisurely route.

Trina...I have a Dodge Charger r/t, so I usually do drive balls to the wall!! lol!! :)

I am not sure yet on how many days I will be able to take!! I am still working of getting more then the time I already have off!!

Roguegal....I am up to share a room for sure if Shara can't make it!! I am all about cutting cost where we can!!

I agree too with the getting forgiveness later.....but I am not much of a wine drinker, who's got the beer??? lol

So lets hook up a caravan!!!! the more the merrier!! I have room for 1 more if Shara comes.....or 2 more if not! I love love love road trips.....and I am really looking forward to it!!

Rogue Gal
01-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Okay, I am officially looking for some kind person(s) to give me a ride from Eugene to Hood River and back. I can't help with driving but am happy to chip in for gas.

Shirley, I'm sorry that you probably won't be able to make it - it was fun spending time with you last year. It seems to me that you missed out on something last year by attending (grandson's baseball game?). Two events already scheduled - what are the odds? I hope you will be able to join us after all though :)

OrganicMama
01-29-2011, 09:45 AM
So, if slrandom ever comes down off Mt. Hood (not likely during ski season) she and I will talk about sharing a room and doing the whole or most of the event. If I share a room with her I can bring my husband and 2 kids. They can hang and play while I make art and Sam can bring the baby to nurse whenever she needs to. So you all keep your fingers crossed that Mom is down with all that. I would LOVE to make the whole event.

I think she gets home for a few days tomorrow night or Monday... I'll try to get her to take off the skis long enough to read this thread and make a plan with me.

smokeysmom
01-29-2011, 04:02 PM
I live off Hwy 97 (Central Oregon) if anyone is driving up this way, I'd love to catch a ride or share a ride. I haven't booked my room yet...still trying to figure out if I can afford to attend-I really want to but money is so tight right now...I need a little more time to figure things out.

HotMamaRama
01-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Depending on which way Beth and I drive up, we can either grab Rogue Gal or Smokeysmom along the way. Trying to grab you both would be taking quite a detour.

Beth, I've got a Ford Freestyle, not a balls tothe wall sort of car, but it can seat 6 or 4 depending on how many art supplies we bring. Ha

DebbaPeot
01-30-2011, 05:39 PM
If I pull up my mini skirt on the 95 Redheart and AK, will you still pick me up? LOL

I am calling today to book a room for this event, but it all rides on my health as the dates get nearer, most likey, hubby might have to tag along with me as he did last year for the CA Gathering (which was a total blast)!
Wahhhooooooooo Here we come! Marking Calendar too!

seekingforart
01-30-2011, 06:35 PM
The way is going... no plans for Texas gathering... I'm thinking about joining this group in August. Not sure yet.... Need to get my act together and maybe visit my mom in California also.

Sharazoid
01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Yay Martha! The more, the merrier! Robin, what is the capacity on space in the work space? Can we fit more than 30?

RobbyGirl
01-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure Shara but I do know there are larger rooms available and I'll upgrade if we start getting too many people. I'll check in with the event coordinator this week. Martha it would be awesome if you came!

HotMamaRama
01-30-2011, 11:52 PM
DebbyDarling - I already have our Zetti tights that we were going to use for the AFA 2011, but I think we are going to have to pull them out for this trip. YES YES YES, Beth and I will gladly pick you up won't we Beth!!! And your hubby too if he can handle that much WOMAN in one car! LOL. Besides, What's a good road trip without ManCandy!!! LMAO :D
I'll try to behave myself, but I can't promise Beth will!

Oh and I still have my tiara that HHC shared at last years event. I'm thinking I better bring that along for the drive too! Oh, I think the road trip is going to be as much fun as the weekend!

HotMamaRama
01-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Martha - we would love to have you join us!

HHC
01-31-2011, 01:37 AM
Ah yes, tiaras. We love our tiaras!

And I agree... seekingforart/Martha, it would be awesome if you were able to come.

Oh, this is going to be such a fun group!

smokeysmom
01-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Depending on which way Beth and I drive up, we can either grab Rogue Gal or Smokeysmom along the way. Trying to grab you both would be taking quite a detour.

Beth, I've got a Ford Freestyle, not a balls tothe wall sort of car, but it can seat 6 or 4 depending on how many art supplies we bring. Ha

I'm too far for you to pick up if you're driving from Alaska...I live about 2-1/2 hrs. South of Hood River. Now, if someone is driving North to Hood River, then I'd be on the way:)

HotMamaRama
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Smokey Darling..... LOL
Beth and I will be driving UP from Arizona in August!
I am moving there ASAP!
Just not sure which route we want to take going up yet.

And I know exactly where Redmond is because I graduated High School in Bend. Though both Bend & Redmond were po-dunk little towns back then. I didn't have much use for Redmond, but I always had to go through it to get to Smith Rocks and go Climbing! :)
I know my way around OR pretty well.

Pixeldog
01-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Just saying hello since I just noticed this thread.

I'm trying to get the dates nailed firm but it looks like I will be vacationing in Oregon the week prior to this event which means it would fall on the last weekend that I'm in the state. I may pop in if that's OK. I'll be in Portland that weekend and could always re-route to Mt Hood if the dates work.

RobbyGirl
01-31-2011, 07:13 PM
We'd love to have you come by Pixeldog! It would be very special to have a board member show up!

RedHeartStudio
01-31-2011, 07:28 PM
DebbyDarling - I already have our Zetti tights that we were going to use for the AFA 2011, but I think we are going to have to pull them out for this trip. YES YES YES, Beth and I will gladly pick you up won't we Beth!!! And your hubby too if he can handle that much WOMAN in one car! LOL. Besides, What's a good road trip without ManCandy!!! LMAO :D
I'll try to behave myself, but I can't promise Beth will!

Oh and I still have my tiara that HHC shared at last years event. I'm thinking I better bring that along for the drive too! Oh, I think the road trip is going to be as much fun as the weekend!

Abso-freakin-lutly we will pick you up Debby Darlin!!! :D

And I plan on Misbehaven and breakin all the rules on this trip!!!
:goofy: :jiggy::wacko:

And ManCandy is always on this newly single ladies agenda!!! LOL :swoon:

RobbyGirl
01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
And ManCandy is always on this newly single ladies agenda!!! LOL :swoon:

LMAO Beth! 30 some odd women and one poor lone dude! We'll rein her in Rod, it's semi-safe to show up!

Rogue Gal
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM
We *are* "odd women", aren't we? :laugh:

HHC
01-31-2011, 08:06 PM
LOL! We may be "odd" but we're relatively harmless.

RedHeartStudio
01-31-2011, 08:34 PM
LOL!! Odd yes....relatively harmless.....maybe!!! I really don't bite that hard!!! LOL!! ;)

Pixeldog
01-31-2011, 11:03 PM
LOL!! Odd yes....relatively harmless.....maybe!!! I really don't bite that hard!!! LOL!! ;)

"Biters" !!!....I thought Arizona was known for it's cactus. Gonna have to check that entry in Wikipedia.

HotMamaRama
01-31-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm not near as wild and dangerous at 40 as I was in my 20's, so the odds of one or several of us ending up in some sort of compromising positions with cell mates is MUCH LESS LIKELY this go around! ;) Not completely off the table.... just less likely. :)

RedHeartStudio
01-31-2011, 11:15 PM
LOL Trina.....

Hows that saying go......A true friends won't bond you out of jail, they are sitting beside you saying "THAT WAS AWESOME!! :jiggy:

HotMamaRama
02-01-2011, 12:35 AM
EXACTLY!!! :D

RedHeartStudio
02-01-2011, 12:59 AM
LOL Trina.....

Hows that saying go......A true friends won't bond you out of jail, they are sitting beside you saying "THAT WAS AWESOME!! :jiggy:

Although I have never been arrested or been in a jail until I started working in one!! LOL (I just never got caught!!)

smokeysmom
02-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Smokey Darling..... LOL
I am moving there ASAP!

And I know exactly where Redmond is because I graduated High School in Bend. Though both Bend & Redmond were po-dunk little towns back then. I didn't have much use for Redmond, but I always had to go through it to get to Smith Rocks and go Climbing! :)

I would love to ride with you wild women! So if it works out for you, it definitely works for me, lol. Although both Bend and Redmond have grown alot over the past 20 years, Redmond is still considered po-dunky, ha! Just let me know and I'll look for a tiara!

OrganicMama
02-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Looks like slrandom and I will be up there in some form or another, probably for at least one over night!

And as far as lone gentlemen go - my husband is coming with us, maybe my mom's husband also. Bud definitely Sam will be there to chase the kids while I cover myself in paste.

lilbad
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM
It's official....won't be coming to this event. If only it was another weekend! Boo Hoo!

HHC
02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Bummer, lilbad! We'll miss you!

Genxster
02-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Oh that's too bad. Was looking forward to meeting you.

lilbad
02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Dang it anyway.....three other commitments....can only do one! Wouldn't u know it. I hope Rogue and Genxster get rides...I feel bad!

Sharazoid
02-01-2011, 05:44 PM
My whole summer is looking like that lilbad. Just one thing on top of another. I do craft shows & music festivals. Several of my shows are on the same dates. So, I have to pick & choose. But, that means I probably have the time to go to Oregon.

lilbad
02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I hope you get to go....it was so fun last year!

RobbyGirl
02-02-2011, 01:34 AM
We'll really miss you Shirley! I'll have to wear my wonderful knitted socks in honor of you! Now someone else will have to fall under the table (jk!) If only it had been from too many drinks instead of a broken chair! Hugs Darlin,we'll just have to find another time for you to visit!

lilbad
02-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Ya, I did survive that fall and will miss entertaining you all with that again! Kidding aside, if I could, I'd be there. Robby is such a wonderful hostess and I know u all will have fun.
I expect pictures and emails!

Phoenix
02-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Anyone still have room for me, in Talent, OR, off the I-5 (between Ashland and Medford OR)? I was offline a couple of days and didn't get to chime in!

wildholly
02-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Phoenix, I am sure there is some way you can get a ride up with me.
Let's keep in touch.

DRAGONSTARR
02-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Smokey Darling..... LOL
I am moving there ASAP!

Trina...I KNOW Bend is still a "po dunk" town and I'm pretty sure Redmond is too...they hardly ever change :D At least you can cruise pretty fast down around there :) (those Zetti tights may come in handy if you get pulled over, though ;) ) I can just see it now...ya all pulling up with zetti tights and tiaras.

OrganicMama
02-04-2011, 11:11 AM
RobbyGirl - You can sign me, slrandom, and my aunt, Carol, up! We got rooms booked and everything!! Carol is not on the site, but we hope to convince here to communicate with other artists. She is a talented person.

Now I really am excited!!!

RobbyGirl
02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Awesome Taylor!

Phoenix
02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Phoenix, I am sure there is some way you can get a ride up with me.
Let's keep in touch.

Awesome, Holly. Thank you! Now I feel even more :jiggy:

jaw
02-06-2011, 02:08 PM
beware: when I go on vacation the area tends to hit record lows ... dress accordingly ... LOL (note last week's temps in Tucson ... windchill at 4 below, etc ... so much for a suntan!)

wildholly
02-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Dear Jaw...It's was 65-74 the entire 2 months we were out there...Glad we left the week before you hit the tar! LOL

jaw
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
RUB IT IN ... argh! LOL

Sharazoid
02-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Robby - On the first post you have me as Nancy (or in a roomn with Nancy)
I am planning on coming (though I haven't got my plane tix or reservation just yet)
but, I am Shara & will be sharing a room with Beth
I am not sure how I will manifest this, but I can't imagine not being there, so...

RobbyGirl
02-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Oh I must have accidentally deleted something and mixed a couple of posts (Nancy is Dragonstarr) I'll fix that darlin. At this point there are 3 rooms left available although I will try to add a couple of more if the hotel has them and these are taken.

RedHeartStudio
02-10-2011, 11:36 PM
I will be booking my (and hopefully Shara's) room as soon as my tax return comes in!! :)

Sharazoid
02-10-2011, 11:52 PM
woot!

HotMamaRama
02-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Your room better be right next to mine and Nancy's so if her snoring keeps me awake, then I'm crawling in with you two! LOL
Love you Nancy dear! ;)

KathleenS
02-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Lurker n00b will be coming out for a daytrip Saturday :D Possibly +1 or 2 :wub:

beth
02-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Just found this group recently -- and what a great time to stumble upon you all. I would love to meet some of you in the region. I live in eastern Washington (Pullman) so will be able to drive down to Hood River easily. I'd be happy to give anyone a ride between here and there.

RobbyGirl
02-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Welcome Beth and Kathleen so happy to have you joining us! If either of you decide to stay for the evening and book a room the information is in the first post.

Phoenix
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm not a certified teacher in zentangles, but I would be willing to offer some guidance, or at least donate some time to help others with zentangles. I know others going are probably more experienced than I, and maybe they'd like to do this instead or as well, but I'm willing and able!

Genxster
02-13-2011, 08:46 PM
That sounds great Phoenix. I would love some zentangle tutoring. I've tried but i just can't seem to get anything cool going.

Sharazoid
02-13-2011, 11:14 PM
My local group has recently done a few workshops on zentangles. I could bring something to the table too.

HHC
02-14-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm always happy to share gesso and paint techniques or playing with beeswax and napkins. :D

RobbyGirl
02-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Maybe we can have a couple of hours where we set up a series of "technique tables" and people can flit from group to group (table to table) to learn and experiment with new techniques?

HotMamaRama
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Maybe we can have a couple of hours where we set up a series of "technique tables" and people can flit from group to group (table to table) to learn and experiment with new techniques?

Love this idea Robin. Like a "Round Robin" of show and tells! :)

beth
02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Although it's an easy drive, it is 5 hours for me, so I'll be staying over. I just took the last room in the block. FYI - they're out of river-view rooms.

I like the round-robin idea, too.

mrubyjean
02-14-2011, 03:27 PM

Nice idea!

RobbyGirl
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Beth will you be rooming alone or looking for a roomie?

RobbyGirl
02-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Beth Ann and Shara, have you booked a room yet? I'm calling the hotel today to see if I can add more rooms, it's better to book a room and cancel then not to book just so we have enough. There is no penalty if you cancel by some date in June, I'll look it up and get back to you.

beth
02-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Beth will you be rooming alone or looking for a roomie?
I'm okay rooming alone - I have weird sleep patterns. :-)

wildholly
02-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Make it take it/round robin---sounds great to me too

RedHeartStudio
02-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Robin....I am going to book our room sometime this week....waiting on tax refund!! (hope they still have one for us!!! LOL)

Beth Ann and Shara, have you booked a room yet? I'm calling the hotel today to see if I can add more rooms, it's better to book a room and cancel then not to book just so we have enough. There is no penalty if you cancel by some date in June, I'll look it up and get back to you.

RedHeartStudio
02-14-2011, 11:28 PM
I love the round robin idea....

Sharazoid
02-15-2011, 09:57 AM

I am also happy to share about gel transfer & packing tape transfer techniques... or melted crayon backgrounds. (some of my fave techniques)

Sharazoid
02-15-2011, 09:59 AM
...and I love the round robin idea, too.

RedHeartStudio
02-15-2011, 10:21 AM
I am also happy to share about gel transfer & packing tape transfer techniques... or melted crayon backgrounds. (some of my fave techniques)

Oh goodie...I wanna learn these!!! If I can't figure it out by then you can show me!!

HHC
02-15-2011, 12:52 PM
A round robin would be great!

HotMamaRama
02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Shara - I love doing image transfers, and totally want to learn the melted crayon technique.

I'd be happy to share something, but not sure what I could offer that everyone doesn't already know how to do.

jaw
02-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Shara - I love doing image transfers, and totally want to learn the melted crayon technique.

I'd be happy to share something, but not sure what I could offer that everyone doesn't already know how to do.

You can be the chunky queen!!!! :jiggy:

jaw
02-15-2011, 01:04 PM

oh oh oh I got it!!! LAYERS .... you are awesome with layers!! :jiggy:

RobbyGirl
02-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Well it looks like we'll have a Round Robin ...Woot! Let's plan on that for Saturday after lunch since that's when we will have the highest attendance. We can nail down who wants to share what as we get a little closer to the event. I'm so excited how this is all shaping up this year!

RobbyGirl
02-15-2011, 01:18 PM

Trina how about "Getting your Zetti on!"

I really would love that!

HHC
02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Trina how about "Getting your Zetti on!"

I really would love that!

Oh yes... excellent!

jaw
02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
:jiggy: Zettification for the Masses!!! :jiggy:

HotMamaRama
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Layers and/or Zetti - sure, easy enough! There are going to be some other Zetti Queens in the group too! Should be fun. But I do enjoy tweaking some parakeets into fashionista's!!!

I'd love to see some hand drawn/ painted something too. Anybody?? Anybody???
I'm REALLY RUSTY on my watercolor techniques.... Anybody want to take that on???? Anyone, Anyone.... Bueller, Bueller.... :)

HHC
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Well don't look at me... watercolor is painful for me. I'd sure love to learn more!

Genxster
02-15-2011, 02:13 PM
This sounds so amazing! I'd love to see a demo of some mixed-media techniques. I get books from the library, but it's just not the same as watching someone work.

I'd like to share something, but what? Anyone interested in a basic face drawing demo? I could do that...any other suggestions?

jaw
02-15-2011, 02:42 PM
This sounds so amazing! I'd love to see a demo of some mixed-media techniques. I get books from the library, but it's just not the same as watching someone work.

I'd like to share something, but what? Anyone interested in a basic face drawing demo? I could do that...any other suggestions?

yes! yes! YES!! Would LOVE to learn some basic face drawing! :jiggy:

wildholly
02-15-2011, 03:12 PM
I'd love to teach a fun-wild-woman altered art doll class (somehow-someway) with wine mandatory..and beer 4 betheee.
I've got some cool ideas shaping up. You make two and one you give away...
and that ain't all folks.... Oh man, my brain's on fire...
if you would like to see what that looks like--there is one up in my gallery--LMAO!

jaw
02-15-2011, 03:30 PM
OMG! is THIS what you're talking about?
WOWZA!!! Count me in!!!!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5858/medium/1_witchiedoll1.jpg

jaw
02-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd love to teach a fun-wild-woman altered art doll class (somehow-someway) with wine mandatory..and beer 4 betheee.
if you would like to see what that looks like--there is one up in my gallery--LMAO!

Fire! Fire! Fire! QUICK!!!! Douse it with wine!!!! Someone grab a bottle!!!!

HHC
02-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't you be taking my bottle of wine! ;)

wildholly
02-15-2011, 03:45 PM
LMAO! JAW,,,silly woman...I meant the card that says, LIVE Like your Brains (hairs) on fire!
The witchy went to Russell. I have something far wilder in mind...but you can do a witchy for sure or two or three, hahaha!

RedHeartStudio
02-15-2011, 04:12 PM

I would love that!!

RedHeartStudio
02-15-2011, 04:14 PM

Oh boy this will be fun too......and beer for Me!!!!! Yippee for Me!!! :jiggy:

beth
02-15-2011, 07:14 PM
I'd be game for demoing watercolor.

I also work with charcoal, if that rings anyone's bell :-)

Genxster
02-15-2011, 07:35 PM

That sounds great! Looking forward to it.

HHC
02-15-2011, 08:15 PM

Yes! :jiggy:

How are we gonna fit all this in? :)

HotMamaRama
02-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Wild art dolls... drawing faces... watercolors... beer... wine...

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!
And I thought last time was a blast! OMG - this is shaping up to be quite the fun fest! When are we going to sleep?? hum, I'm thinking RED BULL intravenously might be in order.

Holly - I can't wait to hear what else you have in store for us!!
HHC - maybe you could share the hot wax napkin thing with us. (LMAO - I almost typed hot wax nipple thing - TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!) :biglaugh::swoon::eek:;)

wildholly
02-15-2011, 11:11 PM
ak--the nipple thing????LMAO!!!

I would be very interested in the melted crayon backgrounds and the waxy napkins too.
Does anyone do encaustics?

Robin: Take note~ Beth and Shara are rooming with me. woot!:jiggy:

HotMamaRama
02-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I know Holly - that's not intentional, it's just where the mind went for a brief period. HAHAHA

Oh and the encaustics would be VERY COOL! I've been curious how that is done. Haven't tried it myself yet.

So Shara, got your tickets booked yet darlin? :D

HHC
02-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh... encaustics... I love encaustics. They make me HAPPY!

And dear gawd, this hotel will never be the same after we've been there for a couple of days. :)

mrubyjean
02-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Wow...this sounds amazing...isn't there a way to make August arrive more quickly?!
I will bring my encaustics (and tools and books).

RobbyGirl
02-16-2011, 01:12 AM
ak--the nipple thing????LMAO!!!

I would be very interest in the melted crayon backgrounds and the waxy napkins too.
Does anyone do encaustics?

Robin, Beth and Shara are rooming with me. woot!:jiggy:

Ummm What Nipples and Hot Wax Holy Sh!* I can't leave you guys alone for a minute! Where's my video camera.

Seriously though encaustics sound great,everything sounds fantastic. We can devote Saturday afternoon to teach each other all kinds of fun stuff!

Holly has an amazing Art Doll workshop planned and that ones going to take everyone's attention so we can do that one Sunday a.m. I'm happy to cook the heads at my place Holly dear!

HHC
02-16-2011, 01:21 AM
err... cook the heads? We are talking dolls heads here, aren't we? :err:

heeheehee

jaw
02-16-2011, 02:25 AM
cook the heads? .... *runs back to check WildHolly's gallery*
hot wax nipples? .... ouch ....
where's my wine glass? ah! here it is! whew ....

Art101
02-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Whaaaa ... I have family in Gresham, so'd have a place to stay. But airfare in August is $700+, compared to airfare now of $400. Summer fares are a killer.

smokeysmom
02-16-2011, 12:14 PM
I would LOVE the Zetti Art and Altered Art Doll "classes" for sure...I love altering books and journals...this gathering is sounding more and more amazing! Still have to book a room...and confirm a ride????

enotneicna
02-16-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm waiting for my taxes to come back and see what's is left, but I will need to ride with someone and share a room also, so I will be in touch...taxes should be back soon.

Genxster
02-16-2011, 02:15 PM
It would be great it you could join us Sharon!

wildholly
02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Robin, How long do people usually stay on Sunday?
Not sure there is time enough for the doll workshop then if we wait for heads to cook and then assemble bodies after that. Need to discuss.

jaw
02-16-2011, 02:41 PM
So we'll just need a toaster oven? Are these sculpey heads? I have TONS of sculpey.
HHC and I will not need to leave too early. It's only a 3 hour drive for me ~ I'll have to work on the Monday. Who knows ... her hubby may just whisk her away from Hood River in their little motor home and tootle off across the state! LOL!!!

Sharazoid
02-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I am totally excited for all of this technique sharing. I have a lot of techniques that I can share if others don't voice up.

melted crayon (& I would love to learn encaustic)
zetti style (maybe Trina & I could teach together)
layers (I have a cool demo that I've done before)
art triach (or How do I know when my art is finished?)
gel transfer
packing tape transfer

I am treating this "as if" I already have my flight booked, as I can't really entertain the idea of NOT being there with you all. Yes, summer airfares are high...but, this will be sooo worth it!

wildholly
02-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Shar, I would love to do gel transfer & packy-wacky tape AND..just do it all!
RED BULL shots --did akmama say something about bringing a case????

Shrunken heads, Jaw...you are first. LOL!

Pixeldog
02-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Hmmmm....just catching up. I quick scanned the thread and picked up things like shrunken heads, hot wax nipples and alcohol in excess. You gals might be too dangerous for me.....I'm a-feared.

I still haven't been able to secure time off for this event....but I'm trying. I'll pipe up when I know more. Until then I'll lurk with all the other wax nipple scaredy-cats

wildholly
02-17-2011, 02:08 PM
We are all quite harmless--just very good-humored, warm-hearted and FUN.
Don't be scared- we want you to come.

RedHeartStudio
02-17-2011, 11:40 PM
haha....we are wild women!!! We don't bite, to hard that is!!! :)

RedHeartStudio
02-17-2011, 11:50 PM
(LMAO - I almost typed hot wax nipple thing - TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!) :biglaugh::swoon::eek:;)

LMAO!!! yes totally different......

Hot nipple piercings....check
Hot wax nipple thing....I am game!!!!! LOL :D

Just Ducky
02-18-2011, 12:48 AM
ok... so someone said air-fare right now is only 400 ??? but in summer it goes to 700 ???
so IF I fly to HHC place NOW and stay till ???? August.... I just might make this...
hey, Helen it's only a a five month sleep-over.... and I can do dishes... and might even throw in taking out the garbage....

you gals are making this so dang tempting... and I soooooo far away...:(

HHC
02-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Well Ducky! I have a guest room and it's yours! And you do dishes too? :jiggy: ;)

I so hope you can figure out a way to come, oh I do! I'll pick you up at the Seattle or Portland Airport, whichever is cheaper for you. I will! :D

mrubyjean
02-18-2011, 03:59 AM
Well Ducky! I have a guest room and it's yours! And you do dishes too? :jiggy: ;)

I so hope you can figure out a way to come, oh I do! I'll pick you up at the Seattle or Portland Airport, whichever is cheaper for you. I will! :D

No, no...I'll pick up Just Ducky at the airport (or the train station) :jiggy: and drive her up to Bellingham! Wouldn't miss a chance to spend time with Ducky on the West Coast!!

lilbad
02-19-2011, 01:08 PM
You guys are killing me....now I am going to miss meeting the Duck! Gheesh!

RobbyGirl
02-21-2011, 11:13 PM
All of the rooms were booked already! so I stopped by the hotel and added 5 more today :)

HHC
02-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Oh my gosh! This is going to be SO much fun!

DRAGONSTARR
02-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Robin....you are THE BEST! :D

RobbyGirl
02-24-2011, 03:15 AM
I'm so excited our gathering is growing by leaps and bounds!

katilady
02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
my mom (dotdots (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/member.php?u=3347)), just moved to portland, i'll have to tell her about this!

RobbyGirl
02-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Please do Kates! Maybe you could come up to visit her around that time *hint*Hint

katilady
02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
that would be right after my bday, so a good present to myself!

Sharazoid
02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Yes, Kati, you should definitely visit your Mom & come to the Oregon Gathering! Its gonna be a blast.

wildholly
02-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I totally agree---com'on Katie

Genxster
02-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, yes!!!! Treat yourself--and us too!

mrubyjean
02-25-2011, 09:16 PM
I add my voice to the chorus of "Yes, Kati, yes!!" :jiggy:

OrganicMama
02-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Perhaps the hotel will have to let it's other guests find rooms elsewhere... Seems we have rather taken over the place!

Dadreemer
03-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Happiness to you all!

Wish I had the funds to attend, looks like it's going to be so much fun.

amyfaerie
03-10-2011, 07:15 AM
I have been unable to attend--last year because of being out of town, and this year because I was scheduled to teach a week-long dramatic literature class in Ashland, OR starting the DAY after (which would've been too hard to do without the prep time & travel time).

However, I'm NOW taking the summer off completely from teaching courses, so that I can focus on revising/rewriting a book. Now that the Ashland class is off the calendar, I'm going to do my best to make it. I know that I'm fairly close, and I can drive, but money's been tight lately . . . I'm going to see what I can do in the meantime. As the roster of people attending grows, I really don't want to miss out!

Are there any people attending who are thinking about doing a four-person room?

Sharazoid
03-10-2011, 09:06 AM
I would have to check with Holly & Beth, but I think that we could add you, Amy. (I still don't have my plane tix, but I am 98.9% sure that I am going)

smokeysmom
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm still working on getting the funds to attend...I'll need a room, too, RobbyGirl....and, I still don't have a confirmed ride...and I SO want to be there with all of you. It's going to be so frickin' fun! Hope hangin' out in your pajamas is allowed, LOL

amyfaerie
03-11-2011, 12:40 AM
cool, shara . . . no problem if it doesn't work, but i'll cross my fingers. :D

Sharazoid
03-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Would soooo love for you to be there (...and for me to be there). Its gonna be fabbylushous!

RobbyGirl
03-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Amy and Maggie would LOVE to see you both there!!!!

enotneicna
03-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Well, found out that taxes won't be here till middle of end of April...I hope there is a room to share available and someone for me to ride with by the time I find out if I can do this!!!:unsure:

:twitcy:I wanna come and play again this year!!!:twitcy:

katilady
03-15-2011, 09:18 PM
i REALLY hope i can come. i know i can drive up but not sure if i can talk mom into going. and, i don't think i wanna commute from her house by myself. :\

RobbyGirl
03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Kati we have lots of people coming in and through the Portland area, I'm sure we can get you a ride in from there with no problem!

DRAGONSTARR
03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Katilady...I live in Portland and I don't have any confirmed people riding with me. I can take a max of 2 people with me - will be a snug fit. So, if you want to plan on a ride - let me know :)

Edit:

I have 1 spot left, if anyone needs a ride from Portland to Hoodriver. Genxster is traveling with me :)

amyfaerie
03-24-2011, 02:02 PM
well, it's official--i'm going to be there! i'll be in wildholly's room (hopefully with shara and beth), so i'm sure that i can swing the weekend's hotel costs as one of four people. i've notified the hubs that i'm making the trip, and i'm tickled to death to get to meet so many people who are relative neighbors!

(and, hopefully, get to mingle again with a few wonderful people i've met before!)

Sharazoid
03-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Yahoo! So glad that you'll be there Amy. I am trying to secure plane tickets within the week. Am getting psyched to go.

RobbyGirl
03-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Woot! So happy you can come Amy!

wildholly
03-24-2011, 06:13 PM
This will be a rockin event for sure....all nighters! woot!

Rogue Gal
03-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Yay, look at all the peeps who are coming - woot!

Just putting it out there again that I am looking for a ride - I live in Eugene :)

OrganicMama
03-26-2011, 10:01 AM
We will be going in our minivan. If you don't mind sitting in back with our two kids in the chairs twixt you and us, I think we can probably work something out.

amyfaerie
04-05-2011, 11:11 PM
taylor, i was driving alone in a station wagon . . . so i pm'ed christine and offered her a ride. :) then i won't be lonely!
:jiggy: so, rogue gal & amyfaerie are driving in together! :jiggy:

and, i can take two more people if the need arises as we get closer to the date!

Rogue Gal
04-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Taylor, thanks so much for the offer - I so appreciate it :) However, since Amy has lots of room I will hitch a ride with her. I am really looking forward to this gathering - it's gonna be fantabulous!

Woot! Funmobile heading up I-5!

Els
04-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Does anyone need a roommate? I have VERY limited funds, but I think I can beg borrow steal enough to be there, IF I can come up with a roomie. I'm a non-smoker, and I wear earplugs, so if you snore it will NOT bother me one whit.

Rogue Gal
04-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi Els, I have a standard room booked but no roomie yet, so if you'd like you can room with me. I do want to warn you that I like to read in bed for a little bit before falling asleep, in case you are sensitive to light. It just helps me wind down to fall asleep.

I'm also a non-smoker, and would love to split the cost of my room with someone! Let me know if you are interested.

Els
04-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Perfect, as I OFTEN fall asleep with the light on whilst reading! W00t! Looks like I'll be there!

RobbyGirl
04-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Yay Els is coming!

lilbad
04-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Again,,,,,,,u all are killing me!

RedHeartStudio
04-07-2011, 08:54 PM
awe Shirley wish you could make it....would love to see you again!!!

smokeysmom
04-08-2011, 12:16 AM
I'd like to mention, again, that I'm looking for a ride...I live in Central Oregon, just North of Bend...if I have to pay to fly, I won't have the money for the room:) Anyone? Anyone?

mermaidfan
04-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Yvonne and i have room for you. Will we pass near you as we are coming up from Central CA coast?

Rogue Gal
04-08-2011, 03:29 AM
Perfect, as I OFTEN fall asleep with the light on whilst reading! W00t! Looks like I'll be there!

A match made in heaven! I've only met you briefly, so it will be fun to get to know you better :)

Yay - I have a roomie and a ride, things are shaping up! Is it summer yet?

Smokeysmom, you *must* come!

Shirley, I wish you could be there!

Phoenix
04-08-2011, 04:25 AM

and, i can take two more people if the need arises as we get closer to the date!

Can I take a spot? I'm in Talent OR, right off the 5 freeway, north of Ashland and South of Medford. Let me know if you have room!

jaw
04-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I'd like to mention, again, that I'm looking for a ride...I live in Central Oregon, just North of Bend...if I have to pay to fly, I won't have the money for the room:) Anyone? Anyone?

you would fly from there? but it's only a 3 hour drive from where you are. There must be someone (we still have time!) that will be coming along there somewhere! ... recruit a new artist in your community! (trying to figure it out here!:spinny:)