PDA

View Full Version : Austin TX area -- any interest?

rothko
03-06-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd like to get a live swap going here in Austin -- I *think* there are people here in the area, though I can't remember for sure. Anyone interested?

blueskysunburn
03-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Bummer rothko! I could have sworn more people lived in your area! Maybe they just haven't made it over (to the site) yet?

You are welcome to join us at our meet-ups if you're ever in the metroplex (or if you just feel like taking a really, really, long drive... ;)).

rothko
03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
i think most of the texans here are much closer to DFW than austin/central texas. i don't remember very many people from my area on the old site either.

thanks for the invite, but i haaaaaate that four-hour drive. :twitcy:

rothko
03-09-2008, 07:13 PM
for what it's worth, i just started an austin atc meetup at meetup.com -- http://artisttradingcards.meetup.com/195

if you know anybody in austin, please pass it along! :)

gatos53
03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Rothko, I just found this today. I live in New Braunfels which isnt too far. It seems like there was more central TXans on this site. It would be nice to find more and get a group together.

rothko
03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
cool, i know where new braunfels is -- i have a friend down there. wish i could remember who else was from around here...

toni
03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Just saw this thread. I'm in Austin, but tend to get lost whenever I try to drive too far from my central austin neighborhood. No sense of direction! I work the first Saturday of each month at Assistance League Thrift House, but should be free most other Saturdays. BTW, our thrift house is having a vintage/collectible sale starting April 9. If you're in the vicinity of Burnet and 49th(?) Street, check it out! We're across the street from The Omeletry.

blueskysunburn
03-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, we are planning a big meet-up in June 1st in the dfw area since Adriayna is coming down for a visit. I know it's a drive but it would be great if you could make it! It would be so awesome to have a huge group of us to be able to meet up!! If you are interested keep an eye on the dfw group. We will be posting details there!

gatos53
03-22-2008, 10:18 PM
THanks blue sky! Toni I love vintage stuff, is the thrift house open on sundays. I usually work on Sat. Cathy

toni
03-22-2008, 10:58 PM
No, we're all volunteers and are only open Wednesday thru Saturday 9:30a to 4:30p.
sorry.

gatos53
03-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh but I do have THurs. off, I may just have to go check it out!!

toni
03-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Great! I might be shopping there also that day. We are allowed to purchase stuff once it is priced and out on the floor, but I like to let customers have first crack at it and, anyway, I have lots of stuff already. Wednesdays are a zoo. We are in there on Mondays and Tuesdays restocking and pricing. Sometimes Wednesday morning there is a line waiting to get in. Thursday is much tamer!

lovepugs1
03-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Just found this, I live in Burnet just an hour NW of Austin. I'll check out the austin atc meetup, I belong to the Austin Pug Club that I found on meetup.com.

rothko
03-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Just found this, I live in Burnet just an hour NW of Austin. I'll check out the austin atc meetup, I belong to the Austin Pug Club that I found on meetup.com.

PUGS!!!!! i LOVE pugs!!! :wub: :laugh:

i'd love it if you were able to join! if you do come down (you can RSVP here: http://artisttradingcards.meetup.com/195/calendar/7498468/), feel free to bring any friends who are interested too!

grammyquilter2
03-26-2008, 02:50 AM
We have several members living in Austin that come to our meetings in San Antonio,
and we have others who mail their cards back and forth. Please pm me and I will give you contact info, etc. Next meeting is April l at 6:00 pm. They are first Tues. each month.

lovepugs1
05-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Have any of you guys got to meet up yet ? I have been so out of touch lately due to my mom being sick and in the hospital. She lives with us and I'm her caretaker plus I have a litter of pug pups that are keeping me busy. Finally had time to make a few cards recently. I've really missed it.
Do you have any meets planned ?

rothko
05-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Have any of you guys got to meet up yet ? I have been so out of touch lately due to my mom being sick and in the hospital. She lives with us and I'm her caretaker plus I have a litter of pug pups that are keeping me busy. Finally had time to make a few cards recently. I've really missed it.
Do you have any meets planned ?

sorry to hear your mom's been sick.

we have a great group started! check http://artisttradingcards.meetup.com/195/ for more info. our next meeting is scheduled for thursday, june 12. we'll be meeting at texspresso, which is on west anderson at northcross in the shopping center by the alamo drafthouse. it'd be great to see you there! :D

adriayna
05-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Rothko, I'm going to be in the Austin area in a week and a half for a WAC conference. I'd love to meet you for a few hours or coffee or whatever--and anyone else!

Let me know :)

toni
05-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Adriayna/Dana - when will you be here?

adriayna
05-26-2008, 09:38 PM
This week - Wednesday through Saturday (leaving saturday around noon). I think Rothko and I might spend time together on friday...do you want to join us?

toni
05-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Can't, got to work thrift house shift then. Hope you guys have fun!