PDA

View Full Version : The Tree ~ nature's majestic beauty. ~ Due April 8th

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Threshold90
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Icraft-lol
boekwrm- cant wait to c! :D such n enticing story n u end it with a 'to b continued'

ICraft
03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
You guys are having too much fun - oh-oh please rate our thread - it's in the upper right corner. Threshold90 reminded me about it awhile ago - kudos to you!

domino
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
here are my trees. I will mail them soon.

shayNOLA
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Beautiful, Domino!! Is that a North American Persimmon Tree? LOL... :)
OK, so who do I have to kiss up to to get one of your lovely pieces of art?? OR... who do I make that check out to? Haha... just joking, ya'll! Inside joke... well, in this thread, at least.
But seriously, Domino, you have such a way with watercolor. You're awesome at detail!
~Shay

Threshold90
03-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Domino- wow amazing!!
Icraft- i want one of Dominos there pieces of art ;) (slides a C-Note under the table)

ICraft
03-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Wow Domino your cards are beautiful. Thanks so much for posting them on the forum.

ICraft
03-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Beautiful, Domino!! Is that a North American Persimmon Tree? LOL... :)
OK, so who do I have to kiss up to to get one of your lovely pieces of art?? OR... who do I make that check out to? Haha... just joking, ya'll! Inside joke... well, in this thread, at least.
But seriously, Domino, you have such a way with watercolor. You're awesome at detail!
~Shay

Are you kidding me shayNOLA - you couldn't guess an oak tree from my guess what kind of tree game but then you come out with North American Persimmon Tree? You better be joking or you are going to get a virtual smack. hee-hee!

By the way - you know I only deal in cash but your love of Domino's work is noted.

ICraft
03-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Threshold90 your comment on Domino and your Cnote are noted. haha

kentuckydakota
03-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Here are my trees. I tried as many different techniques as I could think of. One is up a tree looking down and another is a tree behind a gate. The others are pretty straightforward.

kentuckydakota
03-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Last 2

ICraft
03-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Thanks so much for posting your tree ATCs kentuckydakota - very creative and I like that you took the time to try different techniques - that is awesome. I must admit the card looking down the tree threw me off a bit - of course I looked at the cards before I read your description - then after I read your post I was "Oh - that's a cool idea!" haha I look forward to them arriving here.

MorahLaura
03-03-2011, 09:59 AM
OMG the trees are GORGEOUS!!!

I should sign up for this but I have already signed up for 3 swaps that are due within days of this one....

beth
03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
How can I resist a tree swap? Room for one more?

shayNOLA
03-03-2011, 11:27 AM
KentuckyDakota, your trees are awesome! Love how you mixed it up... :)
I love your lone tree on the cliff!
~Shay

Suze
03-03-2011, 11:43 AM
There was an old lady
who loved atc's.
She signed up for one
That involved making trees.
Alas, she forgot
She stumbled alot
and had fallen and smashed up her knee.

( wishing and hoping and praying that I can do this swap.)

attention tree huggers,
did you know that the birch tree grove is the largest living organism on the planet?
(their roots are all joined)
The California/Oregon Redwood Pine trees are the tallest trees (and a few the oldest, dating back to the time Jesus was born) in the world....one record holder is over 400ft tall.

(this is what happens when Doc tells you to stay off of knee for 4 to 6 weeks)aaaarrrggghhh(love all the beautiful trees created here! and our Host is soooo funny and fun!)

Bevie2u
03-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Here are my 3 TREE cards
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/small/1_ATC_AFA_TREE_swap_3.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/small/1_ATC_AFA_TREE_swap_2.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4187/small/1_ATC_AFA_TREE_swap.jpg

kentuckydakota
03-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Thank you domino and ShayNOLA
The cliff tree is twisted wax paper. gave it a gnarled weathered look I liked. Lots of our coastal trees around here look like that. Guess it's the heavy wind.

KentuckyDakota, your trees are awesome! Love how you mixed it up... :)
I love your lone tree on the cliff!
~Shay

ultrablue
03-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Count me in! Mailing them out today or tomorrow for sure.

Boekwrm
03-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi!
My woodland-fairy okayed the release...
She hopes you treepeople will like them:unsure:

AmyMax
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow Boekwrm, they are all so diverse! Nice use of color too!!

shayNOLA
03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
They are diverse! Between you and me (I?), AmyMax, I think she had four different fairies. Greedy girl... :)

ICraft
03-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Somebody, (shayNOLA and lacemuse), needs to tell MorahLaura to make her trees now, send them in and worry about her other swaps after that. hee-hee

paintmanycolors - you and I have something else in common - I've got a bum knee too - surgery on the 18th - boo-hoo! Now about your cards - I sent a woodland fairy to Boekwrm and she said she was a very big help so......:cute: ba-bam - a Woodland Fairy muse for you!!!

Boekwrm thanks so much for posting your cards - they are gorgeous - wow - who would have thought one little woodland fairy muse would help inspire you so much! Lovely cards!

bevie2u - what great trees you made - thanks so very much for posting those beauties. Our forum gets prettier with every post!

Finally - a big tree hug welcome to 2 players - beth and ultrablue. Yay!!! So happy to have you join the fun!

Lilthamel
03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I'd love to join this swap.

ICraft
03-03-2011, 07:38 PM
My mail lady loves when I host swaps - she gets to bring me all these wonderful cards!!

balletbon - your stunning cards safely arrived - I love them all and Mooseyy your wonderful cards arrived here too - nice work ladies!

Oh and I don't want to act too happy but.... yay!!! Host cards too!:jiggy: Thanks!

ICraft
03-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Welcome to the swap - Lilthamel - hope you enjoy the swap and the forum. We are a fun (and funny) bunch so jump in and join the great camaraderie! :D

shellyrosebud
03-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I can't wait to get started on my wicked tree cards!

ICraft
03-04-2011, 12:28 AM
We can't wait to see them shellbyrosebud so get crafting girl!

Just Ducky
03-04-2011, 12:42 AM
more show and tell I see.... what beauties too...Boekwrm, I always heard they had some really great Forest Fairy's in the Netherlands and they sure showed up in your art....

and now to our super women .... hostess Dena... yea, I hear you having knee surgery soon... so ya better heal really fast cause you KNOW who your swap buddy is..... and I would freak out if you had to send me ALL this swap in a huge box...
but wait... would that mean I keep the Hostess cards ??????????????

SunTrade
03-04-2011, 01:08 AM
So much nice work here ... I am done with mine, but I am waiting for the oil paint to dry ...

ICraft
03-04-2011, 06:20 AM
SunTrade - can't wait to see your cards!

Bevie2u
03-04-2011, 11:26 AM

Awesome...you must make a couple dozen so we all get one!!!! hehehehe

Bevie2u
03-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Here are my trees. I tried as many different techniques as I could think of. One is up a tree looking down and another is a tree behind a gate. The others are pretty straightforward.

Love all the different techniques...

lacemuse
03-04-2011, 12:22 PM
LOL! OK, but first I have to make sure MorahLaura isn't in my swap. LOL! <MorahLaura gets a short reprieve while Katie The Strong Arm checks>

[quote=ICraft;933743]Somebody, (shayNOLA and lacemuse), needs to tell MorahLaura to make her trees now, send them in and worry about her other swaps after that. hee-hee

Bevie2u
03-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Did you all see the ones I posted...no one commented on them so was wondering if they weren't ok!

shayNOLA
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Bevie2u, did you post them in this forum or in the gallery? I can't recall seeing them! I'll check again...
~Shay

shayNOLA
03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
OK... I found three in post #278. I can't believe I missed it! Are they acrylic? The colors are lovely and I have to say... it's really nice to see palm trees!!

AmyMax
03-04-2011, 01:36 PM
OK... I found three in post #278. I can't believe I missed it! Are they acrylic? The colors are lovely and I have to say... it's really nice to see palm trees!!

I agree... I'd like to be stranded on that palm-tree island right about now!!

kentuckydakota
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Bevie2u- I sent you a YOU ROCK message because I loved them so much. They are really beautiful and breezy looking.

SunTrade
03-05-2011, 01:16 AM
My trees are dry. Hope you all like them!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4940/thretreeswap.jpg

ICraft
03-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Wow - wow - very beautiful painted trees SunTrade your cards are defiinitely adding to the beauty of our forum. We sure have a lot of drawers and painters and you are doing a lovely job with your cards!

ICraft
03-05-2011, 04:10 AM
It sure was a BIG day for my mail lady!

Cards arrived safely from:
Cameo - your collaged trees are wonderful and the little gift you sent - awesome!

CherylS - gorgeous pastels - the scan in the forum doesn't do them justice.

JustDucky very pretty "living" trees - leaves and all - can you guess which one I'll be keeping as a host gift?

Craftyvox - beautiful trees and I love the little blossums/berries on them. Thanks for the host card!

knottyneedle - awesome Zentangle style trees - they are great. I carefully chose #8 if you have a scan of them.

Thanks to all for the host cards - if I did not mention something specific I did not choose yet - if a player gives me a choice and their cards are very different I usually wait until swap day to make my picks.

Lilthamel
03-05-2011, 05:56 AM
:unsure: Here's what I've gotten. Not sure if i'm pleased with all of them so I may have a redo of the white one.

Mouseit
03-05-2011, 07:16 AM
And the leaves are still swinging in the breeze here.. Heehee....

yeah yeah I know I am working as fast as I can icraft.. *waddles me backend at ducky....yes yes I know you are a smart ducly heehee

Mouseit
03-05-2011, 07:19 AM
There was an old lady
who loved atc's.
She signed up for one
That involved making trees.
Alas, she forgot
She stumbled alot
and had fallen and smashed up her knee.

( wishing and hoping and praying that I can do this swap.)

attention tree huggers,
did you know that the birch tree grove is the largest living organism on the planet?
(their roots are all joined)
The California/Oregon Redwood Pine trees are the tallest trees (and a few the oldest, dating back to the time Jesus was born) in the world....one record holder is over 400ft tall.

(this is what happens when Doc tells you to stay off of knee for 4 to 6 weeks)aaaarrrggghhh(love all the beautiful trees created here! and our Host is soooo funny and fun!)

Ohhh I just loved that poem Paint.. LOL and I have visited those californian redwood pines.. AND...my favourite movie of all time is called" "The Gnome Mobile" by walt disney that STARS those red woods....so beautiful and yes I did hug them...LOL

tekamarie
03-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I really like your trees lilthamel! :)

shayNOLA
03-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Suntrade, wow! Your colors are amazing... your sky... BEAUTIFUL!
lithamel, I love, LOVE your red tree!! What a beautiful color mixture.
And the white one... what a great idea! Very different.
Mouseit - I heard painting trees is good therapy for ANY aches and pains! :)

lacemuse
03-05-2011, 11:50 AM
So many beautiful trees!! They are all amazing & such diversity among artists!

Lilthamel
03-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words about my tress!!! They'll be put into the mail today.

ICraft
03-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks so much for posting your cards Lilthamel - I love them - very unique and creative. I can't wait for them to arrive in the mail so I can have a closer look.:jiggy:

Now my little friend Mouseit you seem a little flustered - are you in need of one of the famous Woodland Fairy muses? Well just in case :cute: there you go! She'll help you with your cards I'm sure!

katelnorth
03-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I made some tree cards today - originally, I was thinking I'd use these for another tree swap I'm in with a Spring Tree theme, but as this one has a much sooner due date, I think I will use them for this one and do something different for that one.

These scans don't show the cards as well as a face to face view will - the background is a red velvety material, and quite hard to capture by scan. But I think one can get the general idea...

shayNOLA
03-05-2011, 06:38 PM
My, oh my, Katelnorth... these are awesome! Very different...
LOL... so glad you put them in this swap!!
~Shay

katelnorth
03-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks shayNOLA!

CherylS
03-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Mouseit,
The only way I got through my 12 weeks out of work with my knee problem was by joining AFA. I did zillions of swaps. had grocery delivery. plow guys plowed and shoveled snow. Arrange your art stuff so you can get at it all. I got a plastic cart with drawers which holds all the ATC stuff.

Katelnorth love your trees.

SunTrade
03-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Thank you for all the nice comments!
;)

beth
03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Gorgeous trees, SunTrade!

beth
03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
katelnorth, your trees are wonderful!

houstonhunter
03-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Hello there - I would like to join if I may! Thanks very much,
Houston

AnnaAardvark
03-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Ok, lacemuse will not have to twist my arm and yes, I did find trees relaxing! ;)

I have three cards done so I will join if you will have me, please. I am going to try to get six done but three will do if it gets down to crunch time. They are attached below.

ICraft
03-05-2011, 10:18 PM
katelnorth I love the trees you made they are perfect - so glad you didn't send those to the other swap. haha

ICraft
03-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Ok, lacemuse will not have to twist my arm and yes, I did find trees relaxing! ;)

I have three cards done so I will join if you will have me, please. I am going to try to get six done but three will do if it gets down to crunch time. They are attached below.

Who could say no to those beautiful trees - of course you are welcome to join AnnaAardvark - I'll add you to the players list.

shayNOLA
03-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Haha, domino! :) I see THREE cards of AnnaAardvarks. Hummm... guess I'll have to make 6:6 to up my chances of getting one of these beautiful pieces of art.
AND stop kissing up to Dena!! :jiggy:
~Shay

Those trees are amazing AnnaAardvark!!!!! I love the green one!!!
(Hope Dena will note this message as well :D) Hello Dena ;) Unless Anna already done 3 cards for swap earlier and these are just 3 host cards......... can it be?
and by the way ladies, I was first to comment on those trees :)

ICraft
03-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Those trees are amazing AnnaAardvark!!!!! I love the green one!!!
(Hope Dena will note this message as well :D) Hello Dena ;) Unless Anna already done 3 cards for swap earlier and these are just 3 host cards......... can it be?
and by the way ladies, I was first to comment on those trees :)

What is wrong with shayNOLA - I don't see any kissing up here - I mean 3 host cards is very reasonable when your players love you - right? Domino was merely stating a possibility. Wait I have to be careful Shay - I still love you best! Is that better I think she might be the sensitive type. haha;) You guys are all the greatest and you make me laugh so much.

ICraft
03-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Haha, domino! :) I see THREE cards of AnnaAardvarks. Hummm... guess I'll have to make 6:6 to up my chances of getting one of these beautiful pieces of art.
AND stop kissing up to Dena!! :jiggy:
~Shay

Shay - if you want your hints and comments to equal the cards you've made then you are definitely going to have to make 6 - haha. I think I already have 5 players under your name - haha! Get crafting girl!

shayNOLA
03-06-2011, 01:10 AM
OH MY! Hummm... maybe I should create a new profile with a different user name. Then I could join twice!! :)
Yes, Dena, it's definitely a fun bunch! LOL... I can't wait to see who gets what. Man, I don't envy you your task. Of course, those host cards help. :) :)
~Shay

Shay - if you want your hints and comments to equal the cards you've made then you are definitely going to have to make 6 - haha. I think I already have 5 players under your name - haha! Get crafting girl!

Just Ducky
03-06-2011, 02:36 AM
ok gals... move over... here come de duck.... and I will start my bribe list in the mornin...
oh wait, it is morning.... I want ???? oh yea and this one also.... and how about one from ???

it's in code... only Dena can read....

ICraft
03-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Really Ducky you want ..... I thought you wanted ...... and you already paid so much for the ...... card but whatever you want. hahaha You know darn well someone who is new to the swap or hasn't been keeping up with us will read this and go HUH!!!????!!!??? What is going on?

Don't worry - we're just all a little bit crazy here.

Boekwrm
03-06-2011, 04:02 AM
Can I have my Woodland Fairy back please?
Where is she?
I must make at least another dozen other trees,
to get my fair(!?!) share of Nature's Beauty.

No kidding.
I see so many majestic trees I' d really like to own,
that my Greedy Gnome :wacko: is trying to get the better part of me.
I don't envy the host, who must keep everybody happy.
On the other hand I envy the host because of all the host-cards...

AnnaAardvark
03-06-2011, 09:01 AM
ROFL! You guys are cracking me up! :biglaugh:
If I make a dozen cards, can I get a shot at a dozen lovelies from this swap?!! There are so many beauties!! ;)
No, wait, wait, wait.... I'm gonna make 57 cards and get one from each player!!! :idea:

domino
03-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Fine by me! :)
that will insure that I get your card :)
Dena what do you think?

ROFL! You guys are cracking me up! :biglaugh:
If I make a dozen cards, can I get a shot at a dozen lovelies from this swap?!! There are so many beauties!! ;)
No, wait, wait, wait.... I'm gonna make 57 cards and get one from each player!!! :idea:

ICraft
03-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Ok you ladies are out of control! But AnnaAardvark I think making 57cards for the swap might work - let's see that would be 6 cards for swapping and 51 host cards haha - I'm pretty sure you can get whatever card you want then. haha

ICraft
03-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Yesterdays mail arrivals came from - AmyMax - your bold, bright, majestic trees are great - the colors are so phenomenol in person - I have yet to pick my host card but have managed to narrow it down to three. :eek:

The other awesome cards came from Tekamarie - you made such elegantly collaged cards - I love them - are they beeswax or sealed with something else? I will tell you my pick in your Itrader!

Threshold90
03-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Anna~amazing cards wld b happy to recieve n e one of em ;) (slides another franklin to iCraft)

shayNOLA
03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
OK.... so I'm gone for less than a day and you guys are completely out of control!!!! 57 cards?? (AnnaAardvark) Sneaking Franklins to the host?? (Threshold90) Sending special gifts with list of cards?? (domino) And secret code talk?? (Just Ducky) **tsk tsk**
Hummm.... actually.... they're not bad ideas!! :) :)
Domino, I'm off on Tuesday and definitely plan on doing more trees with the oil pastel and ink for this swap. I'm hooked!!
Sorry, Boekwrm... I will need those Woodland Fairies on Tuesday!!
~Shay

MorahLaura
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Ok! Ok! ICraft, let go...ow ow uncle uncle!! :wub:

I finished up 2 swaps this weekend, and halfway done with another so, I'd love to join please. :)

katelnorth
03-06-2011, 05:16 PM
katelnorth I love the trees you made they are perfect - so glad you didn't send those to the other swap. haha

Whew. Good choice, then, lol.

shayNOLA
03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
YA HOOO!! MorahLaura, welcome to the ultimate swap! :)

Ok! Ok! ICraft, let go...ow ow uncle uncle!! :wub:

I finished up 2 swaps this weekend, and halfway done with another so, I'd love to join please. :)

ICraft
03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Wow - now shayNOLA is a cheerleader too! rah - rah

Welcome to the swap MorahLaura yay- yay! I am so happy you joined - it just wouldn't be a swap without you!

MorahLaura
03-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Aww thanks :notworthy::embarrassed::wubclub:

Janet
03-07-2011, 11:39 AM
my cards were posted today :)

kentuckydakota
03-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Janets trees are fabulous! Worth a trip to her gallery to ooh and ahh over them!

AnnaAardvark
03-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Gorgeous trees Janet!

ICraft
03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
I can hardly wait to see your cards Janet. For anyone who missed them before they are at post #213 or you can check them out in her gallery - which I might add has other beautiful ATCs as well. I'm especially looking forward to the purply/red tree - it looks so striking I can only imagine how beautiful it will be in person.

Threshold90
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Janet- u r very talented amazing works of art in ur gallery, hope i get one of em ;)

domino
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
My trees were sent today!

Just Ducky
03-07-2011, 11:52 PM
dang this is swap is taking roots... such beautiful trees... each time one of you do show and tell, I want...oh and that one and oh gads... I want them all...

Dena you are gonna have to swap these beauties out by just putting all cards face down on table and pick up three.... how are you ever going to pick and choose... wow...

and WHO's tree card is highlighted on the Home Page this month ???? I see that this swap is on home page... super.... but who's tree did they use ????
a new contest ???? name the artist ???? that's a thought....

Threshold90
03-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Just ducky-its one of janets beautiful trees (pretty sure at least lol) :twitcy:

ICraft
03-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Welcome to the swap LadyKristianna and dardarbinx - so glad to have you join our fun swap!

ICraft
03-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Did you guys see? Our swap is famous - yep we are featured on the AFA home page - isn't that exciting? I didn't even know - apparently the moderators must pick them - probably something random but let's just say they pick the most awesome swap with the most talented players. Right? haha Now the answer to everyone's next question - who's tree is that? The beautiful card that is representing our swap was created by...........(drum roll please........CherylS - congrats!

kentuckydakota
03-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Well this is definitely the most entertaining swap. And we've got a whole forest in here besides. How many swaps can say that!

Threshold90
03-08-2011, 03:40 AM
I was wrong as usual lol opps! ;(

kstyles
03-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Can I play? I have 2 cards done already!

ICraft
03-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Good job dardarbinx I'm glad the step-by-step instruction link helped. I wrote it special for my players - every swap I am in I see players saying they can't link their cards or the instructions were too confusing - I totally understood but once I learned how to do it I thought the simple steps would help others and I think they have. If anyone else wants to post their pics and needs help the link is in the swap intro instructions.

ICraft
03-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Woo-hoo - another player - glad to have you join kstyles.

lacemuse
03-09-2011, 10:06 AM
OMGosh!! The trees I'm seeing are amazing!!! I'm in love with all the watercolor trees! I WISH I could do watercolor!!! DH & I are taking a watercolor class! LOL!

AnnaAardvark
03-09-2011, 02:09 PM
OMGosh!! The trees I'm seeing are amazing!!! I'm in love with all the watercolor trees! I WISH I could do watercolor!!! DH & I are taking a watercolor class! LOL!

That is so cool! I wish my husband was artistic and we could enjoy this together.
I am blessed by 5 very artistic kids of varying ages that are shaping up to be my best friends. I love teaching art and doing art with them.

ICraft
03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
That sure does sound fun lacemuse - can't wait to see what ATC pretties you'll be making after you complete your class.

I have a few crafty kids too AnnaAardvark but their busy lives keep us from crafting very often these days.

Gee my mail lady is late today - hmmm - do you think that her mail truck was so full of ATCs that she had to make two trips today. haha I sure hope so - either that or she's opening all my cards and looking at them. eek!

lacemuse
03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Well, I didn't think DH had a creative bone, until I gave him a lesson in shading. OMG!!! It was perfection!! He has the desire, he just needs some classes on technique & maybe a basic drawing class, or me to walk him through Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain to get him past the grade school visions of how things should be drawn.

MorahLaura
03-09-2011, 05:32 PM
My husband thinks he is totally un-creative, but he's really good at matching colors and when the kids and I get the Perler beads out, he joins in and makes the best things!

ICraft
03-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Well, I didn't think DH had a creative bone, until I gave him a lesson in shading. OMG!!! It was perfection!! He has the desire, he just needs some classes on technique & maybe a basic drawing class, or me to walk him through Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain to get him past the grade school visions of how things should be drawn.

I need you to walk me through Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain too - except I'm afraid I'm hopeless. haha

MorahLaura - isn't it great what we can sometimes get our hubbies to do just to make us happy? We're lucky girls!

ICraft
03-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Lilthamel your beautiful cards arrived - love your style and thanks for the extra host card - yet another set I can't choose from.:wub:

CherylS
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for letting me know my tree is on the home page. I probably wouldn't have noticed! Cool!

shayNOLA
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
It deserves to be... it's gorgeous!!

Thanks for letting me know my tree is on the home page. I probably wouldn't have noticed! Cool!

ICraft
03-10-2011, 04:29 AM

Isn't it exciting? Well maybe just for me - haha - it doesn't take much to make me happy. I was so happy our swap was on the home page that I printed a copy of the home page to put with the stuff I keep after I host a swap.:rolleyes:

beth
03-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Here are my cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7076/small/1_CCF10032011_00004.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7076/small/1_CCF10032011_00002.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7076/small/1_CCF10032011_00001.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7076/small/1_CCF10032011_00003.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7076/small/1_CCF10032011_00005.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7076/small/1_CCF10032011_00006.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7076/small/1_CCF10032011_00000.jpg

ICraft
03-10-2011, 06:23 PM
beth thanks for posting your ATCs on the forum - very nice of you to share your work.

Today I received cards from SunTrade - beautiful paintings and from kentuckydakota - your various views/angles of the trees make for interesting cards.

lacemuse
03-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Well, I don't know much about painting trees, so I started with a couple sort of whimsical ones, then decided just to wing it on more realistic looking ones. I don't know how real they look... <blush> This is sort of like presenting your first baby. LOL!

shayNOLA
03-10-2011, 09:42 PM
WOW, Lacemuse! These are really beautiful... both the whimsy and realistic!

shayNOLA
03-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Beth, the last tree you posted has such lovely details!

kentuckydakota
03-11-2011, 02:49 AM
I love the golden tones in those last two cards. Really beautiful!

ICraft
03-11-2011, 03:46 AM
thumbzink - I checked out your cards in your gallery - they are great and I love them.

Thanks also to lacemusefor posting your cards in the forum - they are a beautiful addition to our swap forum.

I'm so lucky to have all you talented players!!!

AnnaAardvark
03-11-2011, 03:50 AM
Well, I don't know much about painting trees, so I started with a couple sort of whimsical ones, then decided just to wing it on more realistic looking ones. I don't know how real they look... <blush> This is sort of like presenting your first baby. LOL!

Your babies are beautiful!!!! Congratulations Mommy! :laugh:

Threshold90
03-11-2011, 03:54 AM
lacemuse~amazing cards love love love the second one wit snow (icraft we pals right....righhht??? I wants the second one of lacemuse's!!! ;) hahahaha-just a friendly suggestion :wubclub: )

lacemuse
03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Oh, thank you all for the compliments!! Whew! I almost dropped out of this swap, convinced I couldn't do trees well enough. I'm glad I pushed myself to just give it a try anyway. I figured I could still drop out if my trees looked too awful. LOL!

This a.m. I was telling myself how I can't seem to commit to anything, because I don't follow through. Then I thought about all of the swaps I've committed to here at atcsforall, & haven't dropped out of a single one!! WHERE does that evil little, undermining voice in my head come from?! Sheesh, what a lying loser!!:biglaugh:

AmyMax
03-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Your little evil voice should get the boot! Excellent trees!

lafaver55
03-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I'd like to play

ICraft
03-12-2011, 12:15 AM
What??? You were thinking of not playing - you must be kidding. Shame on you of all people - my little henchman - I would have been so sad. I'm soooo happy you stuck to it - your trees are beautiful.

Oh, thank you all for the compliments!! Whew! I almost dropped out of this swap, convinced I couldn't do trees well enough. I'm glad I pushed myself to just give it a try anyway. I figured I could still drop out if my trees looked too awful. LOL!

This a.m. I was telling myself how I can't seem to commit to anything, because I don't follow through. Then I thought about all of the swaps I've committed to here at atcsforall, & haven't dropped out of a single one!! WHERE does that evil little, undermining voice in my head come from?! Sheesh, what a lying loser!!:biglaugh:

ICraft
03-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Welcome to the swap lafaver55 - very happy to have you in another one of my swaps.

Also welcome to sallyannart - she signed up through a PM but will hopefully be popping in to the forum soon to say hello - glad to have you playing.

sallyannart
03-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the info, Dena!
I am excited about this swap.

ICraft
03-12-2011, 01:09 AM
So happy you, sallyannart chose my swap to be your first - please let me know if you have any questions about anything - I'm more than happy to help. Also quite a few of these crazy players in the swap are pretty helpful too so you can either PM me or post questions in the forum - someone is bound to know the answer - or they'll just make something up so they don't look bad. haha :wub:

houstonhunter
03-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Here's a scan of my cards, they're in acrylic with the exception of the bottom left card which is oils - it's tough to get either of these mediums to do what I want them to do, bear with my clumsiness :D

beth
03-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Beth, the last tree you posted has such lovely details!
Thanks. Am chuckling, because that one didn't start out as palm trees ... I love watercolor. You just never know where you'll end up. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it at earlier times in my life, but now, it's awesome.

ICraft
03-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Wow houstonhunter your cards are wonderful and special thanks to you for posting them in our Tree forum.

beth
03-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Lacemuse, it would have been really sad if you hadn't played. Those cards are gorgeous!

AmyMax
03-12-2011, 11:36 AM
houstonhunter, love the tree with moon, nice texture too!

lafaver55
03-12-2011, 12:03 PM
My trees are in bloom and ready to send.

kentuckydakota
03-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Househunter, I love the tree that's fallen and started other trees. I've seen that exact scene in the redwood forest near my house and it really tells a story of the forest renewing itself. Great card! I also really like the depth you got with the tree by the water. Lovely.

lacemuse
03-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks so much! Well, I knew there were going to be some outstanding trees in this swap, & the longer I waited to do mine, the more of those outstanding trees I saw, until I was totally intimidated!

I know, I can be my own worst enemy! LOL!:rolleyes:

Yeah, it was difficult to back out when I was the designated arm-twister & self-named Lacemuse the Strong Arm!! ROTFL!!!

What??? You were thinking of not playing - you must be kidding. Shame on you of all people - my little henchman - I would have been so sad. I'm soooo happy you stuck to it - your trees are beautiful.

lacemuse
03-12-2011, 12:30 PM
You did a fine job! I like the palm tree & ocean!

I used acrylics, so I know what you mean about getting them to do what you wanted. I think I need a LOT of practice just manipulating the brush! LOL!

Here's a scan of my cards, they're in acrylic with the exception of the bottom left card which is oils - it's tough to get either of these mediums to do what I want them to do, bear with my clumsiness :D

kentuckydakota
03-12-2011, 01:37 PM
lafaver, love the fall colors on your first card. Very nice spreading branches too.

Lisa Marie
03-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Can I be added to the list I would like to join I love trees...Lisa Marie

dalem
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd love to join this swap, it sounds like fun!

Dale from Seoul, South Korea

ICraft
03-13-2011, 04:27 AM
Welcome to the swap dalem - glad to have you playing with us- hope you enjoy our fun group.

katelnorth
03-13-2011, 06:30 AM

We always undermine ourselves, don't we :) My trees aren't in the least realistic, but that's ok - they work anyway.

Wil Opio Oguta
03-13-2011, 06:55 AM
My trees will go into the mail tomorrow. No doubt other people can draw better, but I had fun making them;). Here are there pictures:

MorahLaura
03-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Wil they are colorful and cheerful and you can tell you had fun making them. Very nice!

ICraft
03-13-2011, 04:55 PM
We always undermine ourselves, don't we :) My trees aren't in the least realistic, but that's ok - they work anyway.

If the trees all looked exactly like trees really look I think the swap would get a little boring - I love that people are doing a lot of different styles, techniques, trees in different stages of their life cycle - everyone is doing a beautiful job and I'm so happy to be hosting this swap.

ICraft
03-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Those are really cool trees Wil Opio Oguta - colorful and cheerful is a good description MorahLaura.

AnnaAardvark
03-13-2011, 09:03 PM
If the trees all looked exactly like trees really look I think the swap would get a little boring - I love that people are doing a lot of different styles, techniques, trees in different stages of their life cycle - everyone is doing a beautiful job and I'm so happy to be hosting this swap.

Here, here! I couldn't agree more. I love this site because I get to see and enjoy so many different styles and am even inspired to try new things myself. I have really stretched in directions I never would have seen myself if it weren't for this site. :D

Jennie
03-13-2011, 09:19 PM
May I play with my tree cards! Looks like you guys are having a great time. Some really great pics too.

kentuckydakota
03-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Beautiful watercolor work. I especially love the first tree-beautiful depth of colors!

Lisa Marie
03-13-2011, 11:34 PM
DESINED MY 3 TREE CARDS WITH PHOTOS I TOOK AT A LOCAL STATE PARK I VOLUNTEER AT. NEXT I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THEM AND MAIL THEM TO YOU.

THANK YOU DENA FOR INVITING ME TO JOIN!

LISA MARIE

Jean
03-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Gorgeous work, B_anne! That green tree could be a Louisiana live oak - just stunning! And that little gal in the tree...ahhh, to be there!

ICraft
03-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Lisa Marie - if you are trying to post them to the forum here is a link to EASY step by step instructions.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=924375#post924375

ICraft
03-14-2011, 12:56 AM
b_anne - your cards are just so gorgeous and I'm happy you posted them on our forum. Oh did you get the mandatory host gift update email - yes - no more host cards - instead - you must send a 40 x 60 inch piece - you know something that will fit perfect over my sofa - any of them will do. :yes:

I sure hopes she falls for that - what do you think players?:huh:

lacemuse
03-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Lovely trees everyone!! I'm loving your watercolor trees B anne. The tree with the person in it is soooooo sweet!

shayNOLA
03-14-2011, 03:05 PM
B_anne, my what lovely trees, you have!! The person sitting in the tree... that is totally me! Only I was about 12 years old and always took my pillow to prop between the branches!
Hummm... I have my trees done but I'm getting the urge to do more!

MorahLaura
03-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I have a technique in mind but haven't dared leave the kids alone long enough to go try it.....

Who wants to come babysit so I can draw some trees?? ;)

lacemuse
03-14-2011, 04:04 PM
That was me too shayNOLA! I always had a book with me in the tree. If I was in the apple tree, it was heaven to be with my fave book & just reach up & pluck an apple to snack on while I read & felt the soft breeze blow over me. There were many, many summer days like that when I was 12!

B_anne, my what lovely trees, you have!! The person sitting in the tree... that is totally me! Only I was about 12 years old and always took my pillow to prop between the branches!
Hummm... I have my trees done but I'm getting the urge to do more!

Just Ducky
03-14-2011, 09:25 PM
hay Dena... did I read back abit (post 417) that you don't want any more ATC hostess gifts ??? but are requiring SOFA size ?? :unsure:

well, my large large tree just didn't work ... BUT.... I got this super size DUCKY fer ya.:jiggy:
will be shipping to ya soon.... it's coming POStage due, of coarse.....lol

I kidding guys... she (Icraft) wouldn't accept my super size shipping box....

Ruthie
03-14-2011, 11:58 PM
can I please join?

ICraft
03-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Hi Ruthie and welcome to the swap - hope you enjoy the fun!

ICraft
03-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Today was a big mail day and just processing all the cards took me a long time so I hope you'll forgive me that I'm not going to do my usual player by player notation.

Cards arrived from: sallyannart, Janet, Bevie2u, domino, shellyrosebud, beth, dardarbinx.

Thanks for all your creative & beautful work - you guys are the best!

shayNOLA
03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
I have a technique in mind but haven't dared leave the kids alone long enough to go try it.....

Who wants to come babysit so I can draw some trees?? ;)

Ooooh... LOVE different techniques! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

shayNOLA
03-15-2011, 10:24 AM
That was me too shayNOLA! I always had a book with me in the tree. If I was in the apple tree, it was heaven to be with my fave book & just reach up & pluck an apple to snack on while I read & felt the soft breeze blow over me. There were many, many summer days like that when I was 12!

Yep! Forgot about the book... :)
Unfortunately, we don't have apple trees in New Orleans. Sounds nice to be able to reach up and grab a bite to eat! I was in a Wild Weeping Willow. The branches in a Wild Willow don't droop like the regular Willows but have the same long, skinny leaf. I loved the way the wind sounded blowing through. *big sigh*

SunTrade
03-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Beautiful B Anne. I specially like the trunk in the bottom.

ICraft
03-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Now Ducky you know that is not true of course I will accept all sofa size pictures postage due. haha

Ok guys all these tree climbing stories are just too much - I've lived in Florida my whole life - do you know hard it is to climb a palm tree. haha Actually I have climbed some other trees in my younger days but I must admit that climbing an apple tree has always been a dream of mine lacemuse. Oh and all you admirers of b_anne aren't you jealous that I'm seeing them in person? hee- hee

ICraft
03-15-2011, 11:16 PM
More cards arrived today: Great acrylics from houstonhunter, beautiful, brightly painted cards and awesome stamped collaged too from joytotheblog, and finally I believe beautifully stamped and watercolored or painted scenes from thumbzink.

Mouseit
03-16-2011, 08:59 AM
will be shipping to ya soon.... it's coming POStage due, of coarse.....lol

I kidding guys... she (Icraft) wouldn't accept my super size shipping box....

Nah she probably thought it should go through the FBI and CIA xray machines first.. heehee

Mouseit
03-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey DEna, I have some lovely mouse material I can send you a square of for your sofa.. heehee But it might be a bit small..... and yes will get on with my trees tomorrow - its next on my list LOL

Ducky Nooo she wants you US girls to send her the sofa! LOL

Jean
03-16-2011, 05:06 PM
My cards are going out tomorrow.

I grew up with a huge old mulberry tree in the back yard. It branched out low enough that we could get into it by standing on a chair from my kiddie table-and-chairs set. Once inside it, ahhh! When we played house, my sister usually got the tree for her two story house, lol, and I was so envious. Of course, come summer, Mama would scold us for our purple feet, lololol. Every morning she'd be out there raking and sweeping up berried but no good - we'd still end up getting purple stains on our feet from unwise steps! *Sigh*

Anyone familiar with chinaball trees? Now THOSE were fun! Ouch, though.

MorahLaura
03-16-2011, 08:04 PM
My grandparents had 2 huge mulberry trees in their yard. The branches were too high for us to climb, but the fruits hung low enough to be easily picked. Yum.....

ICraft
03-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Can't wait to see your cards Jean and thanks for sharing that awesome story.

By the way - has anyone gotten over to MorahLaura's to watch her little ones so she can try out her new art technique for her ATC's?

MorahLaura
03-17-2011, 07:00 AM
No they haven't! *taps foot impatiently*

Maybe I'll have a moment or two this weekend. The only swaps I have outstanding are trees and necklaces. :)

ICraft
03-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Gee I can't believe someone doesn't live close to poor MorahLaura - haha! Maybe all the babysitters are hiding. How old are your little ones?

ICraft
03-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Hello Barbara F and welcome to the Tree Swap - oh I checked out your profile - your puppy dog is just beautiful - I love animals.

ICraft
03-17-2011, 06:25 PM
b_anne your beautiful watercolor ATCs arrived today - I guess my sofa print got held up in the mail. haha Maybe I'll have to use the lovely print of your work on the notecard you sent. It might a little small to hang over the sofa but it sure is pretty ;) - thanks.

Jennie
03-17-2011, 06:33 PM
b_anne your beautiful watercolor ATCs arrived today - I guess my sofa print got held up in the mail. haha Maybe I'll have to use the lovely print of your work on the notecard you sent. It might a little small to hang over the sofa but it sure is pretty ;) - thanks.
ICraft you could use a larger mat for it.

Mouseit
03-18-2011, 01:31 AM
*runs in with hammer and nails and glue and paste* Ok Ok I put the peskie E where its supposed to be.. heehee....thorrie *blinks humbled eyes* *WEG*

ICraft
03-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Great idea Jennie a bigger mat. haha Well with all the pretty trees I'm going to have I better get my hubby busy making me a cool frame to put them in - an album just doesn't seem like it will do them justice.

Oh Mouseit your repair came out beautiful - thanks so much!

ICraft
03-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Boekwrm - you and your Woodland Fairy's cards arrived today.;) The cards are so pretty and I love that you used several different drawing techniques - I especially love the stippling drawing - I've tried it before with NO success - haha. My picture just looked like a bunch of dots - ugh! Thanks so much!

Jennie
03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi My trees are ready to go.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60548006@N03/5537739741/in/photostream/
I need an address please

ICraft
03-18-2011, 09:27 PM
I PMd my addy to you Jennie.

Threshold90
03-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Jennie~awesome esp like the top left one

Mouseit
03-19-2011, 05:45 AM
Hi All, well I have finished my trees and I tried a new technique off you tube... gesh you can learn some great things there...LOL

DEna I painted you a lovely tree too just so you know I can... heehee

Mouser

Mouseit
03-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Ooh, Mouse they're gorgeous! I love the colours. Did you use some kind of stamping technique for the first three??

Yes Baitu,
You print the pattern you want on the card, emboss it with clear embossing powder, pick the colours you want, I used versa Color inks, and several blending sticks, and blended my way to a great background.. LOL It was easier than I thought but got a really great effect! OOHHH and its down on flat watercolour paper.

I really liked them too, and know I will use this technique again....LOL wonder where it will turn up next!

lacemuse
03-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Ahhhhhh, yes embossing resist. Cool technique! The way I learned it, when you're finished you lay craft paper over it & heat it with an iron. The paper absorbs the embossing powder & leaves you with just the image.

Yes Baitu,
You print the pattern you want on the card, emboss it with clear embossing powder, pick the colours you want, I used versa Color inks, and several blending sticks, and blended my way to a great background.. LOL It was easier than I thought but got a really great effect! OOHHH and its down on flat watercolour paper.

I really liked them too, and know I will use this technique again....LOL wonder where it will turn up next!

Jennie
03-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow and all this time I've been pain stakingly using rubber cement as a mastic and hope that I can get it all off not only the paper but the stamp too. I'm learning so much. Would have never dug out the embossing powder and clear ink.

MorahLaura
03-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Gee I can't believe someone doesn't live close to poor MorahLaura - haha! Maybe all the babysitters are hiding. How old are your little ones?

They are 8, 4, and 2.5. The 8 yr old is sick today; I think she caught my cold. :( The other 2 want to run around outside but neither my husband nor I feels like going out there with them, and the 2 yr old still needs to be reminded not to eat things, so they can't go by themselves....

Threshold90
03-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Mouseit~ love the colors too they remind me of tide dyed shirts n thats fitting since this is a tree-hugger swap lol :P grt cards

ICraft
03-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Hey Jennie I just checked out your link to your cards - very beautiful - thanks so much for putting the link in your post.

Also very happy to see that little Mouseit has gotten a chance to make her tree ATCs and post them in the forum - very pretty - I love the backgrounds and stamping technique you used.

Hmmm..poor MorahLaura I can remember those days - I have four children - the year I turned 25 I had been married 5 years and had 4 children 4 and under....eek!!! Yep those were the days haha!:twitcy:

MorahLaura
03-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Whew, 4! Nope I decided after the 3rd was born that we are DONE. I'm going to be 40 in a month and a half, and the last thing I need now is another newborn. As it is, when he's 18 I'll be 56, and I have informed all of the children that they WILL be ready to move out on their own at 18!

ICraft
03-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Just watch out for the recycling - 3 of my 4 have moved out and back again and out again. Only 1 stayed gone permanently but I currently only have 1 at home but he's moving out in May. Uh-oh I feel the empty nest twinge starting - hee-hee! Oh never mind it's passed. haha

Mouseit
03-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Wow and all this time I've been pain stakingly using rubber cement as a mastic and hope that I can get it all off not only the paper but the stamp too. I'm learning so much. Would have never dug out the embossing powder and clear ink.

Jennie, its clear embossing powder and inks any colours..LOL Don't get them mixed up although I do like the one with the brown embossing powder used on the trunk.

Thanks so much everyone for the kinds words its nice to know when you go learn a new technique that its liked by others!

Ohh and I never thought of the colours and the tree huggers theme..LOL just picked colours I liked together but they fit right in...Heehee

katelnorth
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Whew, 4! Nope I decided after the 3rd was born that we are DONE. I'm going to be 40 in a month and a half, and the last thing I need now is another newborn. As it is, when he's 18 I'll be 56, and I have informed all of the children that they WILL be ready to move out on their own at 18!

18? wow, how patient of you - obviously, you haven't yet had to suffer through any of the teen years - you may find yourself shooting for 16, or 15! :)

(So speaks the mother of a teen and a near teen - and an 8 YO)

ICraft
03-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I totally agree katelnorth those teen years are tough but so are the young adult years when they are making all those big life decisions - eek!!! If they just listened a little more. Like that would ever happen. haha

Threshold90
03-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Haha being 20 ive learned that sometimes u just hav to live n learn urself.... Sometimes parents advice helps u out through whatever it is tho

ICraft
03-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Yep I've noticed that - it's mostly the painful life experiences we Mamas would rather spare our babies from.;)

So back to crafting - anyone playing in the Art Marathon this weekend? Here's the link in case anyone is curious and hasn't seen it. I'm heading over there right now.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18788

Mouseit
03-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Had a revolving door in my house for many years while my teenagers came and went..LOL they went thank goodness and now I just enjoy the grandchildren, you know let them paint, feed them sweets and red cordial and give them all musical instuments for birthdays the normal granna things ...LOL

The only trouble is the three children now live either the other side of Australia the top of Australia and across the island as far as he could go.... AND this Mumma misses them each and every day, so enjoy the in out wheel while you can..LOL

And back to art - Nope not in the art marathon, although I should go over and have a looksee....

ICraft
03-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Sure did - very pretty cards Thumbzink. I know it's always nice to hear when your cards arrive to the host.

Dutchiris
03-20-2011, 09:17 PM
I drew several trees on various backgrownds. I seen so many great cards, I hope my are oaky. I will be mailing them this week.

ICraft
03-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Your cards are perfect Dutchiris I really like them and a super BIG THANK YOU for posting them in the forum thread!

kentuckydakota
03-21-2011, 02:13 AM
Beautiful cards Dutchiris. I love the varied looks of each one. I especially love the pink one. Has a fantasy feel that's really cool!

Phrixy
03-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I was out hiking today in our ravine and I have so many cool ideas, which is good since there's only a couple weeks left to get our cards in. 0.0

ICraft
03-21-2011, 08:35 PM
You are right Phrixy - we are getting close to the due date - I'll be sending out a little reminder to anyone that still needs to get their cards in.

Cards received today from RachelMarie - awesome watercolor and fine marker trees and from Lafaver55 - pretty hand drawn trees using various techniques.

ICraft
03-21-2011, 09:10 PM
As all of you know - for players - participating in a swap is much like playing in a blind trade - you never really know what you will get until your envelope of returns arrives. For all of you who have played in any of my swaps before I'm sure you know how very hard I try to make my players as happy as I can. This swap is even more of a challenge due to the size so I'd like to try something. For anyone interested here is your chance to tell me something about what you would like out of this swap.
This is in no way a guarantee of anything and trust me the chances of you getting 3 cards you love is pretty slim but I'd like to increase the odds a bit.

Here's what you need to do - fill in the blanks of the sentences below and PM it to me - no posting in the forum.

If I could pick one card from the swap it would be ________________________.
If I could pick a style of cards it would be _______________________________.
(Ex: painted, acrylics, watercolors, collaged, fine markers, fabric, mixed medium, stamped, etc.)
I prefer cards that are similar to mine or different from mine.________________.

Reminder: This information will only be used for a guideline and it is not a guarantee that you will receive what you request but I do feel it will definitely increase your chances of getting cards you like.

Thanks,
Dena

kstyles
03-21-2011, 11:26 PM
All done with my tree cards! Theyre in my gallery if you want a peek. I'll be mailing them off with a special card for you.

ICraft
03-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Pretty-pretty trees kstyles - love your style - hee-hee!!! Seriously they are beautiful - so bright and colorful!

Threshold90
03-22-2011, 12:52 AM
alright mine are done as well...
give em a lOoK (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=215929)
Will be mailing tom my friend!
Thanks again for hosting
Thresh

lacemuse
03-22-2011, 09:48 AM
My trees went to the PO Mon, so they're on the way.

ICraft
03-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Welcome to our new player StudioBlue - so happy to have you - I haven't quite reached the level of swap insanity that I'm striving for and there are still a few more days for sign ups. :jiggy:

Jennie
03-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Kstyles and Threshold90, I love both af your cards. Threshold I love the little blossoms

ICraft
03-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Wow Baby Blake (hee-hee) (Threshold90) those are great - I especially love the blossom tree - very cool idea and thanks so much for posting the quick link in you message - can't wait to see them in person!

ICraft
03-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Ummmm Jennie back off that tree blossom - I might be taking a host pick on that one. :daydreaming:

Threshold90
03-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Haha thanks peeps! Im glad u like it ;)

jonquil
03-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Here are my cards - going postal today

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Tree_1.jpeghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Tree_3.jpeg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Tree_4.jpeghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Tree_2.jpeg

ICraft
03-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Getting some great feed back from my survey - thanks so much. Also here's some trees I made - thought I' share them you. It certainly is hard to compete with all you extremely talented people but I think these came out pretty good.

ICraft
03-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Pretty, pretty Jonquil - thanks so much for posting your cards in the forum - they are great!

Jennie
03-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Icraft I love your trees. What fun colors

ICraft
03-23-2011, 01:28 AM
Thanks for showing the love about the cards - glad you like them.

Threshold90
03-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Jonquil n icraft awesome cards both of you! neat to c ppls takes on the subject

AmyMax
03-23-2011, 08:49 AM
ICraft, I love the apple tree! Jonquil, very cool trees!

BamaKathy
03-23-2011, 10:50 AM
I'd love to do this one. Will get started on them right away. I love trees!

ICraft
03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks AmyMax!

Welcome to the swap BamaKathy - very happy to have you join the fun.

kat
03-23-2011, 05:17 PM
I'd like to join.

ICraft
03-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Hooray another player - I was started to get bored with the other 75 players - haha. Welcome to the fun kat I'm very glad to have you join us!

shayNOLA
03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Haha... very funny, ICraft.

ICraft
03-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh but not with you Shay!!! You keep it exciting.:jiggy:

shayNOLA
03-23-2011, 07:32 PM
teeehee... flattery will get you a really nice hostess gift!!

ICraft
03-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh a nice hostess gift - :rolleyes: I can hardly wait - you guys are spoiling me but don't worry I'm gonna take good care of all of you - well as best care I can.

kat
03-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Two trees:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_2011-3_treebow.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_2011-3_treezee.jpg

shayNOLA
03-23-2011, 10:52 PM
WOW, Kat... those are so striking! What an interesting color combo... esp love the one with the orange sun and purple sky. Ummm, ICraft, is it too late for me to change my pick for fav??? :)

magicjessnrach
03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm sad to say I have just not had time to make cards for this swap so need to drop out, sorry!

kentuckydakota
03-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Wow!Those are stunning LadyKristiana! Just beautiful and detailed.
And Kat the colors on your cards are terrific! Add more favorites to my list ICraft! ;)

shayNOLA
03-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Your cards are gorgeous! You should definitely do more for trades. :)
I know what you mean about hard to let go... I usually hold on to my favs for a little while and then when I'm ready, I send them out into the world :) Also, I scan my ATCs and then print them on photo paper. You'd be amazed how vivid they come out! I even print them ATC sized and can get two on one 4x6 photo.
~Shay

Here are my cards for the swap. They'll be going out in the mail within the next couple of days. Enjoy everyone... these are some of my most favorite cards I've ever made. It's gonna be hard to let go of these. I also really like the style that I did these in and will probably try to start doing more in this style.

shayNOLA
03-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Man, oh man... glad I'm doing a 6:6 for this swap! Just wish there was a 12:12!! :jiggy:

ICraft
03-24-2011, 12:41 AM
WOW, Kat... those are so striking! What an interesting color combo... esp love the one with the orange sun and purple sky. Ummm, ICraft, is it too late for me to change my pick for fav??? :)

Shay - you already have 43 favorites picked - what am I going to do with you?

shayNOLA
03-24-2011, 12:44 AM
LOL... 43?? Guess I'll just have to send you 43 trees!:P

ICraft
03-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Awesome-awesome cards posted from kat and LadyKristianna you both did such beautiful cards - thanks so much for posting them in the forum for everyone to enjoy - I can't wait to see them in person.

Hmmmm...will the AFA people kick me out if I keep all those beautiful trees? Just kidding - I've so enjoyed getting to see so many members work in person - I feel very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to enjoy so many wonderful techniques, designs and talents - thanks to all of you for sharing a bit of yourself with me.

ICraft
03-24-2011, 12:51 AM
magicjessnrach sorry to see you leave but I understand - maybe another time.

shayNOLA
03-24-2011, 01:10 AM
I posted four trees earlier... here are my remaining three.

Threshold90
03-24-2011, 04:00 AM
wow lot of amazing cards coming into this swap, shayNOLA~love em...weeping willows?

Art101
03-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Here are my "three for the swap, plus one for the host to pick". [Side note, in case someone else wants to try doing negative painted trees, I've found that the more I do of them the funner it gets!]

MorahLaura
03-24-2011, 08:09 AM
WOW! What gorgeous trees!!!
Mine are almost done; should have them done and dry and scanned in by the weekend and in the mail by Monday at the lastest!

shayNOLA
03-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Art101, I agree with domino... awesome colors! I love your style. I know it's yours before seeing the name!

AmyMax
03-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Holy Moley! This group of artists is out of control!! Wow, what talent.. Goes to show that trees are an awesome muse!

lacemuse
03-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Fabulous trees everyone!!

ICraft
03-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Woo-hoo can't wait to get my hands on the BEAUTIFUL trees that shayNOLA and Art101 have done. Thanks to both of you for posting those beauties in the forum - yep I'm definitely leaving to Mexico with all these cards. haha:jiggy:

MorahLaura
03-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Here are my 1st 2 done. Still poking at the 3rd... :)

shayNOLA
03-24-2011, 09:26 PM
MorahLaura, they're lovely! I really like your use of color!

ICraft
03-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Awesome MorahLaura glad those little munchkins finally let you craft. :v_spin: I really liked the technique - it always looks like a blown ink with fine pen outline - very nice!

MorahLaura
03-25-2011, 07:21 AM
It's actually blown acrylic paint. Learned that technique in the 3rd grade! ;) (though I think we did it with ink in school)

kentuckydakota
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I remember doing that as a kid. Those were pretty brave teachers to hand us a straw and some ink on paper and let us blow it around. If I were a teacher of 30 third graders that would have disaster written all over it.
You're cards turned out very lovely. I must try that again sometime.

Jennie
03-25-2011, 01:20 PM
I remember doing that as a kid. Those were pretty brave teachers to hand us a straw and some ink on paper and let us blow it around. If I were a teacher of 30 third graders that would have disaster written all over it.
You're cards turned out very lovely. I must try that again sometime.
And there is always that one kid that inhales and has to do to the nurse. I was once upon a time a school nurse. It's not toxic but they usually got so upset that they would throw up anyway though. That and shaving cream and tempra paint. Always a hand licker in the group.

Oh I miss those days and the little rugrats.

kentuckydakota
03-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Aw, I remember that. Good times, good times.

MorahLaura
03-25-2011, 06:05 PM

Yeah. My kids asked if they could do it too, and I was all, "Ummm....No."

ICraft
03-25-2011, 10:32 PM
And there is always that one kid that inhales and has to do to the nurse. I was once upon a time a school nurse. It's not toxic but they usually got so upset that they would throw up anyway though. That and shaving cream and tempra paint. Always a hand licker in the group.

Oh I miss those days and the little rugrats.

Yeah. My kids asked if they could do it too, and I was all, "Ummm....No."

ROFL - that is so funny - yep those art teachers are brave people - paint, scissors, and what about the glue - there's always a glue eater in the bunch - well back in my grade school days it was paste - I don't think I could ever be a school nurse. I was a labor and delivery nurse for many years - give me a screaming woman giving birth any day over a puking munchkin. :twitcy:

And what were you thinking MorahLaura doing that in front of the kids - you know the next time you are at some fast food place the kids will be blowing their drinks on the table. eek!

Jean
03-25-2011, 11:43 PM
I was taught by nuns - when they got out the tempera paints for us, I wonder if they worried for their white coifs or habits. They wore aprons but they were just fabric ones - wouldn't do much good against watery tempra! eek!

Donnacr
03-26-2011, 08:07 AM
My trees are finished but I can't draw so I tried a different technique - I hope that it holds muster next to all the beautiful trees I have just seen in this thread
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0056.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0057.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0058.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0059.jpg

AmyMax
03-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Very creative Donnacr! Did you work digital magic on these?

mzspurslasso
03-26-2011, 04:16 PM
My trees go out in the mail on Monday. Thanks for such a fun swap ICraft!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5316/small/1_320_Mar2011_AweTree.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5316/small/1_319_Mar2011_Inspiration_Tree.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5316/small/1_318_Mar2011_IncredibleTree.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5316/small/1_317_Mar2011_BlessedTree.jpg