PDA

View Full Version : The Tree ~ nature's majestic beauty. ~ Due April 8th

Pages : 1 2 [3]

AmyMax
03-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh, very cool mzsp..... puzzle pieces, very inventive!!!

mzspurslasso
03-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Thank you, AmyMax!

ICraft...cards are at the post office already.

Donnacr
03-26-2011, 08:36 PM
mzspurslasso - did you use mulberry paper as your trunks? Whatever you used - I love the effect that it has given and I echo AmyMax - I love the puzzle pieces - very effective.

ICraft
03-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Lovely cards in the forum by Donnacr and mzspurslasso - I can't wait to see them in person to get a better look at these beauties. Thanks so much for posting them in the swap forum.

ICraft
03-26-2011, 08:54 PM
My wonderful postal lady filled my mailbox with lots of ATCs today. Thanks to lacemuse for the gorgeous painted fall and winter trees, Raingirl for the beautifully drawn trees with the subtle faces in the trunks - so awesome, Threshold90 for the great drawn & mixed media trees very nice, Jennie for the wonderful Arizona watercolor trees - love that you drew some of the unique trees native to where you live, and finally Lisa Marie who made wonderful mixed media cards with photographs - lovely.

Threshold90
03-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Glad they made it, cant wait for returns :chatterbox:

katelnorth
03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
My wonderful postal lady filled my mailbox with lots of ATCs today. Thanks to lacemuse for the gorgeous painted fall and winter trees, Raingirl for the beautifully drawn trees with the subtle faces in the trunks - so awesome, Threshold90 for the great drawn & mixed media trees very nice, Jennie for the wonderful Arizona watercolor trees - love that you drew some of the unique trees native to where you live, and finally Lisa Marie who made wonderful mixed media cards with photographs - lovely.

Hmm, mine are very slow getting to you - I mailed them on the 7th of March but they don't seem to be there yet. Bummer!

Phrixy
03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
I put my trees up in the gallery. They'll be winging to you on Monday. :)

ICraft
03-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Looks like some Magnificent Trees coming Phrixy as for yours katelnorth I'm sure your cards will be here soon - perhaps my mail lady heard how pretty your cards were and she's holding them hostage. :unsure: I'll have to stare her down tomorrow and see if she has any pretty tree cards hanging up in her mail truck. haha

MorahLaura
03-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Here are my final 2, and they will hit the mail today. One more paint-and-drinking-straw tree, and one attempt at negative trees. I used watercolor pencils and they didn't come out quite the way I was hoping, but I still like the final result.

Threshold90
03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Very nice, those neg trees r cool ;) i like how it turned out

AnnaAardvark
03-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Mine went out in the mail today, Dena! Great content in this swap. I can't wait to see the returns!

3katz
03-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Finished mine off tonight, will try and get them scanned and post a picture tomorrow and then they will be in the post Wednesday at the latest. Used encaustic as my technique, hope thats ok

Donnacr
03-28-2011, 09:18 PM
annaaardvark - I love all 3 of your trees, they are majestic

ICraft
03-29-2011, 01:27 AM
I sure got bombarded with a bunch of beautiful cards today! A fun variety of trees arrived from michelemergesmartens, lovely pastel styled trees came from kstyles, jonquil sent in some wonderfully embossed trees, Ruthie made some delightful collaged trees, poor little Jean who has been under the weather courageously broke out her colored pencils and watercolors and managed to sketch some pretty trees and finally shayNOLA who must have gotten out all her pens, inks and watercolors created a gorgeous array of trees including a lovely extra "sofa size" piece (well I might have to shrink my sofa a bit but that's ok). Thanks so much to everyone - you did lovely work and I appreciate any and all host cards too!

ICraft
03-29-2011, 01:40 AM
MorahLaura your final cards came out awesome - yea! 1 for me :spinny:
AnnaAardvark I'll be watching for your cards and whatever you chose to make 3katz I know will be just perfect for the swap!

3katz
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
ok, as promised here are my trees although I they lack the 'majestic' part of the title (sorry). They are all encaustic art, hope they are ok :spinny: From left to right we have:
Dusk, Dawn, Three sisters at sunset and Waterside:

MorahLaura
03-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Those are beautiful, 3katz! I bet they look even cooler in person!

3katz
03-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks MorahLaura :jiggy:

mzspurslasso
03-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Beautiful cards!

Jennie
03-29-2011, 05:12 PM
3katz and phrixy- great cards
3katz I can't believe that you did that muchdetail with encaustics. They are incredible.

AnnaAardvark
03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Stellar cards, 3katz!!

kentuckydakota
03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
OH my word, those encaustics are incredible! How, how, how do you do that?

Threshold90
03-29-2011, 09:59 PM
3katz-amazing cards ;)

ICraft
03-30-2011, 12:01 AM
ok, as promised here are my trees although I they lack the 'majestic' part of the title (sorry). They are all encaustic art, hope they are ok :spinny: From left to right we have:
Dusk, Dawn, Three sisters at sunset and Waterside:

See - I knew they were beautiful even before I saw them - they are wonderful and what an awesome technique - I must read up on this "encaustic art". Thanks so much for posting them for all to see! I can't wait to get my hands on them!:jiggy:

lacemuse
03-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Amazing trees!!!

3katz
03-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Thank you everyone, you've all made my day x

lacemuse
03-30-2011, 04:52 PM
All right!! This is ALLLLLLLLLLL 3katz fault!!! This is not the first time I've admired her encaustic atc's.

I just went to google encaustic painting, found oodles of youtube vids, then I couldn't just leave that alone. I HAD to go searching for supplies & books!!

I ordered a set of waxes, a book, an iron & cardstock - all specifically to do encaustic painting!!!:swoon:

mzspurslasso
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Ooooh...can't wait to see what you create! I so admire encaustic painting! I haven't taken the plunge yet but sure want to!

kentuckydakota
03-30-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm scared to try it. Some day someone must host a swap so we can all get our feet wet- or fingers waxy- together.

Zhenechka
03-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Cards are in the mail! I'll post pics/ links soon.

ICraft
03-31-2011, 04:31 AM
All right!! This is ALLLLLLLLLLL 3katz fault!!! This is not the first time I've admired her encaustic atc's.

I just went to google encaustic painting, found oodles of youtube vids, then I couldn't just leave that alone. I HAD to go searching for supplies & books!!

I ordered a set of waxes, a book, an iron & cardstock - all specifically to do encaustic painting!!!:swoon:

Oh when 3katz's cards arrive this will probably be what I will be saying - eek! If I start one more technique with all that is involved in a "new" technique my hubby will have a heart attack. I already own more supplies than the local Michaels!:unsure: I must confess I was reading up on this "encaustic painting" - hee-hee I had never even heard of it before so I can't wait to see it for real. Oh my - I hope I'm stronger than you lacemuse.haha

ICraft
03-31-2011, 04:36 AM
I'm scared to try it. Some day someone must host a swap so we can all get our feet wet- or fingers waxy- together.

Maybe 3katz could have us all over to her home for a hands on demonstration - I mean she brought this on her herself - haha. What weekend should we book our flights?

Zhenchka I'll be keeping a watchful eye out for your cards.

Jennie
03-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Ok, so here is a question. They obviously melt in heat, so how do they do in a mail box. Here in Arizona we have 6 months above 100 degrees. It was 96 degrees here yesterday.

lacemuse
03-31-2011, 09:21 AM
OK, sorry to have to do this to you, ICraft, since your the swap hostess, but <insert arm twisting>:mask: I AM Lacemuse the Strong Arm!:biglaugh:

Oh when 3katz's cards arrive this will probably be what I will be saying - eek! If I start one more technique with all that is involved in a "new" technique my hubby will have a heart attack. I already own more supplies than the local Michaels!:unsure: I must confess I was reading up on this "encaustic painting" - hee-hee I had never even heard of it before so I can't wait to see it for real. Oh my - I hope I'm stronger than you lacemuse.haha

Suze
03-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi, it looks like I'm not going to meet the deadline, ; ( , sorry ICraft, guess I'll have to drop out. And such gorgeous trees have been shown!!! ack.

3katz
03-31-2011, 03:40 PM

WhoohoooI wanna trade with you when you are ready :jiggy: My hubby always tells me I can get into trouble without trying!!

3katz
03-31-2011, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=ICraft;956944]Maybe 3katz could have us all over to her home for a hands on demonstration - I mean she brought this on her herself - haha. What weekend should we book our flights?

:jiggy: You can all come over anytime, there is a lovely hotel just over the road from my home and a pub next door.:spinny: I live in lovely Yorkshire so plenty of sight seeing too as well as painting!

lacemuse
03-31-2011, 03:53 PM
OK, I did some research on melting points of wax. The encaustic wax I'm looking at is mostly beeswax with a bit of carnauba wax. The melting point of beeswax is quite high - 62 degr C or 143 degr F. Even if your mailbox is in the sun & a card with encaustic wax was in it all day, it would probably be OK. Beehives are often in direct sun & don't melt.

Ok, so here is a question. They obviously melt in heat, so how do they do in a mail box. Here in Arizona we have 6 months above 100 degrees. It was 96 degrees here yesterday.

lacemuse
03-31-2011, 04:04 PM
OK, well, that's assuming they're good enough to trade some day!

WhoohoooI wanna trade with you when you are ready :jiggy: My hubby always tells me I can get into trouble without trying!!

lacemuse
03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Uh oh. I haven't seen a reply from ICraft since my arm-twisting. I hope I didn't break something!:eek:

ICraft
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
lacemuse - Sorry I just haven't been in the forum - are you going to try to twist my arm to make encaustic art or was there something else you were arm twisting about - haha! I'm quite a push over so it doesn't take much - when I meant stronger than you I meant my willpower - not arm strength - I know you are the Mighty Arm Twisting Henchman - ha-ha! You did so good with this swap I'll have to "hire" you next swap too.

ICraft
03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
So sad to see you leave paintmanycolors - I always love your work and will miss your ATCs for sure.

ICraft
03-31-2011, 08:05 PM
My poor mail lady had to run to my door IN THE POURING RAIN to deliver all the ATC envelopes that arrived today.Lovely collaged and embossed cards from Barbara F, awesome watercolors from Art101, elegant collages from Donnacr, wonderful drawn cards from LadyKristianna, gorgeous watercolors from AnnaAardvark, awesome highly textured collages from mzspurslasso and adorable tree collages with the cutest little birds in bird cages from cardgal. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful ATCs and also an extra thanks to those of you who sent host cards - I will let you know which cards I keep in your Itraders.

kentuckydakota
03-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Wow! A regular ATC downpour! Lucky you!

Jennie
03-31-2011, 08:25 PM
That's good to know the melt point. Actually though beehives melt in Arizona as soon as you either kill off or remove the bees. The bee's wings flap all day inside to keep it cool. Isn't that weird. Next door they had a hive in the attic. They killed off the bees but didn't remove the bees wax and it and honey soaked through the insulation and the ceiling and dripped. They are trying to sell the house now and there is so much damage no one wants to take it on. They say it's worse than smoke damage because the smell will bring a new hive to the house.

Just Ducky
04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Bee.... yep, been there done that... a few years ago we found a hive in our ceiling... don't know why the hive failed.. we didn't know they were there till the ceiling got soggy... but we were lucky, it was small and was able to take care of it ok....

and I do have a couple of 3Katz cards, they are so beautiful.... I tried it... and sure am not ready for any show and tell.... hot wax...and hot iron = burnt fingers... and what a mess I did make... but yes, it is a learning curve... and so great when (if) ya figure it out...

Mouseit
04-01-2011, 03:11 AM
Don't talk to be about bee's LOL I still smart from being bitten about a month ago.....
My husband cut me a bunch of roses from our garden to take to work.... all was well until I picked up the bunch in the car to go inside work... and stingo.....gesh it smarted...LOL

lacemuse
04-01-2011, 09:03 AM
OMG!! Well, that's weird about them cooling the hive with their wings, but mother nature is so awesome!

So, since beehives melt in AZ, I guess encaustic might if left in a mailbox in direct sun on one of those 100+ degree F days.

I did read there's a wax sealer that you can use. I doubt that would keep encaustic from melting though.

3kats, how has mailing your encaustic atcs worked out for you? Do you only trade them at certain times & only mail to certain places?

That's good to know the melt point. Actually though beehives melt in Arizona as soon as you either kill off or remove the bees. The bee's wings flap all day inside to keep it cool. Isn't that weird. Next door they had a hive in the attic. They killed off the bees but didn't remove the bees wax and it and honey soaked through the insulation and the ceiling and dripped. They are trying to sell the house now and there is so much damage no one wants to take it on. They say it's worse than smoke damage because the smell will bring a new hive to the house.

lacemuse
04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
OK, I did some more research on the encaustic wax I ordered. Here's what's in it. All the ingredients are waxes except the silica & pigments, & they all contribute to a higher melt point. The meltpoint on this particular encaustic wax is 149 degreees F, which is higher than the melt-point of beeswax.

beeswax
paraffin
carnauba
micro crystaline waxes
glycerine plamitate/stearate
silica
pigments

There is a note to keep your finished encaustic pieces out of direct sunlight.

3katz
04-01-2011, 11:44 AM
3kats, how has mailing your encaustic atcs worked out for you? Do you only trade them at certain times & only mail to certain places?

No I trade them all year round but then the good old English summer never seems to quite make it to 'hot'.....No one has told me they have had a problem with them after they have received them.

The wax is painted on that thinly that there isnt much there to 'crack' or melt. If anyone has one of my encaustics then have a little trust and just try flexing the card back and forth, it wont harm it.

Nowadays I do use a wax sealant which is more to protect the shine and colour - the colour will eventually fade if left in direct sunlight unless treated. The shine you get from polishing your work after you have finished it (rub gently with soft plain tissue).

3katz
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I found this site good when I first started out - has some good 'how to' lessons:

http://www.encaustic.com/

Jennie
04-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Our Hottest day here is Phoenix, Arizona, USA was 122 degrees F. When you get in your car you open the door to a woosh of super hot air. My daughter has leather seats in her car and they gave her a 2nd degree burn when she sat down in shorts.

However 3Katz I'm dyieng to have one of your cards they are gorgeous. What a talent. Maybe we can trade next winter?:jiggy:

SunTrade
04-01-2011, 01:18 PM
en caustic paintings are absolutely beautiful! And they have stood the test of times. So meting we are not sure to say about canvas. The technique is not easy, but the results stunning.

You are very brave to try it! Please post some pictures of your work!

lacemuse
04-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Yep, & they have links to suppliers, so I ordered from one of the US suppliers. My ordered shipped yesterday - the day after I ordered it! :jiggy:

I found this site good when I first started out - has some good 'how to' lessons:

http://www.encaustic.com/

lunamoth
04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Here are my trees. I'll put them in my post box now, so they'll get picked up tomorrow.

I've also had bee hive in space between ceiling and roof. Found out when I was in kitchen and heard buzzing. Walked into my living room....where they were buzzing/swarming. My young sons and husband and I slept in tent that night and let bees have the house until we got help to remove hive and clean up all the honey.

Donnacr
04-02-2011, 12:07 AM
lunamoth - I love your spirit trees but I think my favourite is the 'tortured' black tree on the Japanese characters

ICraft
04-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Wow - I guess I don't have to research encaustic stuff anymore - you guys are are all very knowledgeable - for the half hour it took me to read all the posts I thought I was in the wrong forum. haha Just kidding - I'm so happy to see people sharing their experiences (even the ouchie ones - poor babies burning fingers and getting stung by mean ole bees) and sharing technique and supply advice. Don't forget - if you want to be like lacemuse - just buy it all - you'll probably need it someday. haha

ICraft
04-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Gorgeous trees you posted lunamoth -I'm looking forward to their arrival.

Today I received awesome cards from MorahLaura - I just love the acrylic paint blowing you did and the negative image card. Also cards came in from bamakathy who drew a wide array of trees - she got so carried away she ended up sending me 9 cards. The trees are making people go crazy!

ICraft
04-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Technique tip - courtesy of MorahLaura:

Today when I received MorahLaura's ATCs I noticed the envelope was very interesting and super sturdy - upon investigation I discovered that she had made the envelope herself - are you ready? She made it from wallpaper - I'm assuming she lucked into one of those discontinued wallpaper books you can get from home improvement or wall paper stores sometimes for free or for a few dollars. What an awesome idea for a super sturdy envelope - no side splitting with that stuff. Thanks so much for the great idea.

lacemuse
04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
:shocked:
:laugh: Here's how I justify it. I'm about 7 years from retirement, & although I have a retirement fund, I still won't be making what I make now. So, I have to have all my art supplies in place for retirement, because I'll be too poor to spend $ on art supplies, fibers, etc.

Sounds pretty good doesn't it? DH buys right into that.:rolleyes:

<snip> - if you want to be like lacemuse - just buy it all - you'll probably need it someday. haha

AmyMax
04-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Is it April 8th yet??? I can't wait for my returns!!!!:chatterbox:

Donnacr
04-02-2011, 09:59 PM
lacemuse - I am doing exactly the same thing - you never know what interests may develop or senses may dull so you have to have a HUGE range to choose from. My children are also being very slow in providing grandchildren to distract me so I have to find other distractions - don't I?:cute::wacko:

ICraft
04-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a great "crafting retirement plan" lacemuse.

AmyMax - April 8th is fast approaching but hadn't you heard - I skipped off to Mexico with all the beautiful trees. haha Just kidding of course - I like to say those things to keep the moderators on their toes. :wideeyed: Do you think they'd send the ATC police to find me?

Donnacr I hate to tell you - even grandkids don't take up all your time - they just make you want to craft more so you can share your talents and all the fun with them. You should see my 3 1/2 yr old grandson work my Gypsy and my Cricut - then he whips out my stamp pads and stamps and creates away - he's a hoot! Almost forgot - the best part about the grandbabies - they think you draw good - even when you can't - you'd be shocked how many different animals (just their heads/faces) you can draw by just changing the shape of their ears and nose. haha!

Jennie
04-03-2011, 09:52 PM
kids are creators of the purest form of Art. We've learned a technique they create their own techniques.

ICraft
04-04-2011, 12:33 AM
The best is how proud they are of their work. One day my grandson and I were drawing with window markers and he accidently (he was only 2 1/2) drew a mouse - he was so excited and he wouldn't let me erase it for months - haha. I'm such a sap with him of course I left it there. He's 3 1/2 now and still has me wrapped around his little finger.:cute:

Donnacr
04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
I am looking forward to all of that - sharing crafting, music and a love of books with the next generation

mzspurslasso
04-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Me too Donnacr! I started buying Halloween costumes the day after Halloween when they went on sale to build a dress up trunk! I have some adorable awesome dragons, princesses, chickens, ninjas, and various other goodies for the trunk. :) No grandbabies yet...but I want to be ready when the time comes!

ICraft
04-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Another wonderful mail day for me!!!:) Pretty, pretty collaged backgrounds and lovely draw trees arrived from starfish, a nice mix of different tree views in watercolors arrived form Phrixy, Mouseit sent in both a beautiful watercolor and some wonderful embossed and inked trees (my daughter Erin & I just experimented with that technique a few days ago - what a coincidence!), StudioBlue, a very creative newbie, sent in some lovely trees done with markers and paint - nice work, and finally the player who has started a new ATC technique craze 3katz - sent in her awesome encaustic trees - wow - I can't even believe she made those with wax.

While I try to pay attention to comments on cards - 3katz and her unique technique are quite popular so please remember there are unfortunately only 3 to go around. Gee 3katz do you think you could send me out another dozen or so - that way more players can see your cards in person. :notworthy:

Just a note: 3katz is hosting an Encaustic swap - in case you hadn't seen it - she has a website posted in the forum description for how to info and also I've seen many how to videos on YouTube for this technique. Good luck!!

ICraft
04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Tada! New arrivals today from: duckduckgoose who sent in a unique range tree styles, lunamoth who sent in 2 of her pretty magical trees and 2 other pretty drawn trees of a more traditional style, and fitz1000 who sent some very beautiful trees with lovely backgrounds.

Last in todays batch are poor katelnorth's beautifully stitched ATCs - she mailed them out on March 7th from the UK and they finally made it today. We were both getting a little worried but I'm very happy they have arrived. Who knows where those poor little cards have been - I think they must be awful tired from there long trip - maybe I'll take them for a relaxing day at the pool tomorrow. haha

Just Ducky
04-07-2011, 12:57 AM
yea... me and Ducky too..... ducks pond is STILL froze over... but I think I saw a crack in it today....

and yikes, getting right down to the wire here Dena... with all the trees you have at your place it must be nice and shady.... with coooool breeze....

Threshold90
04-07-2011, 09:51 AM
:chatterbox: 1DAY! :chatterbox: yay!! :D

Jennie
04-07-2011, 04:07 PM
:shocked:
:laugh: Here's how I justify it. I'm about 7 years from retirement, & although I have a retirement fund, I still won't be making what I make now. So, I have to have all my art supplies in place for retirement, because I'll be too poor to spend $ on art supplies, fibers, etc.

Sounds pretty good doesn't it? DH buys right into that.:rolleyes:
And my husband thought I'm out of my mind because of the "garbage" I have. Now I'm on disability and I can almost always find something to use. And yet today I went to hobby lobby and spent $50 he's gonna die when her sees that.:spinny:

3katz
04-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Thank you for the lovely comments Icraft and for the mention of my swap. I am just pleased that they got there on time :)

ICraft
04-08-2011, 04:12 AM
Don't be jealous but the weather is beautiful - we were swimming with our little grandson last Sunday and we had the nerve to complain that the water temp was only 76 and it was a little breezy - never mind that the sky was robin egg blue and the sun was beaming so brightly. Oh...we are so spoiled here....for a few months...this weekend it's supposed to be 88 - what is up with that? That's how it is here - a few wonderful days and then it's so hot you can barely make it to the mailbox without breaking into a sweat.

ICraft
04-08-2011, 04:40 AM
kat you're gorgeous pen & ink and watercolor trees arrived today (well I guess it's yesterday now) - very pretty.

I'm so excited that out of all the players who signed up to play we've only had 5 players who needed to withdraw - I think that is so awesome. We also just have 3 sets of cards left to arrive and I'm sure they will be here within the next couple of days.

I have soooo many cards I need to have my hubby pop up both the extra leaves in the dining room table - oooohhhh I can't wait to have ALL those beautiful cards spread out all over the table - Yay!!!!

shayNOLA
04-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Take pictures to post... I'd love to see that, too! :)

AmyMax
04-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah, take a picture of that and send! Cool!

kentuckydakota
04-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm amazed how many tree lovers we have. So cool!

Jennie
04-08-2011, 03:05 PM
I thought the end would never come. My first set of ATCs should be winging to me soon. Yea! How fun to get to decide who gets what.

ICraft
04-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I thought the end would never come. My first set of ATCs should be winging to me soon. Yea! How fun to get to decide who gets what.

Fun? How about stressful? Eek!! I'm such a little worry wart host - hoping as many people as possible will be happy. One part about the swapping that is fun however is getting to look at all those cards again! I love that part!

ICraft
04-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I'll take pics of the cards for sure! It should be a beautiful sight!

ICraft
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Zhenechka your cards arrived today - they are very pretty and I really love the fabric one - so different and really cute!

I'm still expecting 3 players' cards who have assured me they are in route and I am hoping they will arrive before I'm done with the swapping process so that those cards will be able to be swapped too. I'll let everyone know when the swaps are in the mail!

craftyvox
04-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I'll take pics of the cards for sure! It should be a beautiful sight!

Oh that's a great idea!

I'm still expecting 3 players' cards who have assured me they are in route and I am hoping they will arrive before I'm done with the swapping process so that those cards will be able to be swapped too. I'll let everyone know when the swaps are in the mail!

Whooptido! Can't wait! I think I am going to camp out at the mailbox!! (beats having to stay at the hospital.. today I had another severe SVT episode and collapsed in the middle of a store bah.. and visit from the ambulance medics,.. luckily this time after consultation with the cardiologist at the hospital I was released to be brought home rather then to the CCU!)

ICraft
04-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Oh no craftyvox that's terrible that you had another SVT episode - wow and in the middle of a store. Probably scared them and yourself half to death. I'm glad you got to go home after the cardiologist check. Now behave yourself girlie.

cameo
04-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Sorry I have been MIA for a bit... Working a lot and cut the phone off which means no Internet but I have an iPad so I can go wherever there is wifi so... With that being said I am excited about the returns....uber happy! Lol no pressure Dena!!!!!

Bevie2u
04-09-2011, 05:52 PM
My mom will be 93 on April 26th...went to see her today as I"m going to be in the hospital around that date to have my second knee replacement...am becoming bionic!!! hhehehe
Have a great week hon...we need to do a trade soon!!
love ya,
Bevie

yea... me and Ducky too..... ducks pond is STILL froze over... but I think I saw a crack in it today....

and yikes, getting right down to the wire here Dena... with all the trees you have at your place it must be nice and shady.... with coooool breeze....

ICraft
04-09-2011, 11:21 PM
:chatterbox:Well I've been "working" on the trades ALL day. Let's see - I put all the cards out and took pictures, put all the new envelopes all over the table, put each players cards they made on their envelopes, reviewed the special requests, made some little lists of potential swaps, moved the ATCs around and now at 11:20 pm I still haven't traded one card. I think I have swapping stage fright - eeek!:unsure::swoon:

Just Ducky
04-10-2011, 12:22 AM
come ON Dena... U can do this gal... but to tell ya the truth, sure glad it ain't me...
I would be a basket case about now... so just go slow and easy... no rush gal...
BUT hurry up will ya ???????:wacko:

lacemuse
04-10-2011, 11:02 AM
:notworthy: I'm not envying you that task ICraft! I know you'll do a great job of it, though!! Be Fearless!!

:chatterbox:Well I've been "working" on the trades ALL day. Let's see - I put all the cards out and took pictures, put all the new envelopes all over the table, put each players cards they made on their envelopes, reviewed the special requests, made some little lists of potential swaps, moved the ATCs around and now at 11:20 pm I still haven't traded one card. I think I have swapping stage fright - eeek!:unsure::swoon:

ICraft
04-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Love the support there Ducky girl - gee I'm feeling a 2 or 3 week illness coming on maybe I'll need to send these cards off to my swap buddy. hahaha Guess who that would be? Yep Just Ducky - hmm!!! Wonder what she's got to say to that one?

Ok so I'm actually feeling fine but unexpectedly needed to babysit my niece at her house for the night so my daughter Erin is coming over after her Anatomy & Physiology exam tomorrow and help me swap the cards. She was actually hoping I would wait until Monday to do it anyways - she really wants to see all the cards. It's so much more fun to do the swapping with someone else. I tried to get JustDucky to fly down here but she said her little wings were too weak to make it all the way down here. So sad!!!

kentuckydakota
04-10-2011, 08:17 PM
TREES!!! (sorry, got excited)

shayNOLA
04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Dena, 'swapping stage fright'? Too funny... :) Good luck with that! :)
kentuckydakota... My daughter Jenny loves your comment. She's going around randomly saying, "Trees"!

kentuckydakota
04-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Apparently, me too. :)

ICraft
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Yay - yay I got the final 3 players cards today. octocat your watercolor and ink cards arrived - so pretty, Baitu your fibery trees arrived - so interesting, catsie I love that you did 3 very different techniques - watercolors, acrylics and collage love them.

ICraft
04-12-2011, 03:27 AM
Ok - you are going to hear it here first - I'm getting kind of tired of looking at these trees - :goofy:. Whew.... I'm pretty sure I look just like that little goofy smiley. haha My daughter was such a big help tonight but there are still a few things left to do before I mail the trades out. Thanks for being patient.

kentuckydakota
04-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Slow, deep breathes. You're doing great! No worries!

AmyMax
04-12-2011, 03:25 PM
We're cheering for you Dena! Don't worry, we are patient little doobies!

craftyvox
04-12-2011, 04:23 PM
We're cheering for you Dena! Don't worry, we are patient little doobies!

We are???!? :mask:
:no:

Just kidding!! :-D

Janet
04-13-2011, 06:27 AM
List? Wanted cards? :skeptical:

Jennie
04-14-2011, 02:26 PM
I can't wait this will be the first set I''ve received. I've done 9 swaps. (need to mail a couple) But I haven't got a return yet. EEEEEE! Dena, take your time, It's must be hard since everyone's were so great.

ICraft
04-14-2011, 09:43 PM
GOOD NEWS - EVERYONE'S CARDS WENT IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!! My awesome hubby and the post office guy were very helpful - I don't think I could have gotten ALL those trees mailed today without their help.

**Please remember to leave Rep point/ You Rock for anyone who you receive a card from and Itrader points for me. I am off to leave your Itrader as soon as I leave this message.:)

AnnaAardvark
04-15-2011, 03:01 AM
This couldn't have been an easy job, Dena. Thanks so much for hosting! :)

Can't wait to see the returns!!

lacemuse
04-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Bravo <clap clap clap>!!!

craftyvox
04-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Whoohoo!!

/camps out at the mailbox :D

shayNOLA
04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
ALL OF THE ABOVE...
:noteworthy: Thanks, Dena!! :)

AmyMax
04-15-2011, 03:38 PM
2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate?! DENA, DENA !! Yeah!!!!

Jennie
04-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm so excited!

ICraft
04-15-2011, 04:04 PM
You guys are so cute - thanks so much for showing the love!

I'm still working on Itraders - things were going kind of slow last night so I decided to pick it up again today - hopefully I'll get through them all.:)

Also Special Thanks to all of you who sent extra postage (I hope you don't mind a blanket thanks - I didn't keep track of that very well) - it is so wonderful to have some extra to work with especially to help cover the cost of international players - although some of those bad girls sent postage even after I said I would cover them.:mad: Bad, bad girls! I know it's harder to play in international swaps because of the postage and/or money exchange - that's why I don't mind covering those returns at all - but even though some of you were naughty - thanks to you too! You guys are the best!!!!!

3katz
04-15-2011, 05:44 PM
:notworthy: I am in awe, you have done a fantastic job Dena :notworthy:

So when's the next swap....rofl x

kentuckydakota
04-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Sigh...no trees yet.:no: The post office has had them for a whole day. What are they doing with them?

kat
04-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Wonderful trees arrived today! Thanks to shayNOLA, Domino, & AnnaAardvark for your lovely art & to ICraft for hosting!

ICraft
04-16-2011, 03:47 PM
:notworthy: I am in awe, you have done a fantastic job Dena :notworthy:

So when's the next swap....rofl x

I told JustDucky the other night that all those trees were making me squirrelly - haha - so as soon as this urge to bury acorns in my yard passes I'll be hosting again! How do people host multiple swaps - I just don't know about that and I am truly amazed by them.

ICraft
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Yay! The first cards have arrived at kat's house - I was hoping someone would get them before the weekend - I am so excited and thanks so much for letting me know they arrived kat.

craftyvox
04-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Mail from the States to The Netherlands sometimes takes just a couple of days and sometimes a couple of weeks.. I try and be patient and NOT count the days (hours;)) until they arrive! It's always so much fun knowing there's something fun going to be dropped into the mailbox soonish! :D

kat
04-16-2011, 08:47 PM
It's always fun to be 1st! Great swap! Thanks again.

Jennie
04-17-2011, 09:00 AM
I love my trees. Thank you to Katelnorth, SunTrade and Threshold90. All of you are very talented. This is actually the first cards I've received back and to find these gems when I opened the envelope was a treat.

starfish
04-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Got my lovely cards, thank you Elena, Joytotheblog and Studio Blue for the cards.

Thanks ICraft! This was fun!

beth
04-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Received my cards yesterday - all just wonderful. Thanks to MACE, Wil, AmericanHwyFlower, Ruthie, duckduckgoose and michele. Thanks for hosting, ICraft!

ICraft
04-18-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm so excited that the cards started arriving so quickly - who would have thought Florida to Washington in 2 days - wow that's impressive.

lacemuse
04-18-2011, 09:29 AM
:radar: Still patrolling the mailbox area. Postman put mail in the box - no trees. Drat! I'm going undercover now, maybe someone's stealing trees from my mailbox!:wideeyed:

AnnaAardvark
04-18-2011, 12:14 PM
YAY!!! My trees have arrived! :jiggy:

GORGEOUS cards from lacemuse, HoustonHunter, and B_anne! Thank you all!
And another thank you to Dena! Awesome swap! :wubclub:

CherylS
04-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Lovely cards received from Lacemuse, Sallyannart, and Thumbzink. Thanks to all and our hostess Icraft.

BamaKathy
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Received my beautiful cards today. Thanks to Judy, Cameo, Ultrablues, joy to the blog, MorahLaura, and AmyMax. They are all very different and very pretty! And thanks ICraft for hosting!

AmericanHwyFlower
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM
thank you to our wonderful hostess! and thank you to the artists:
dalem, beth, amd michele merges

AmyMax
04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah! My trees have taken root in my mailbox!!!
Fantastic cards from lafaver55, shellyrosebud, mace, Cardgal, Janet and ShayNola!! !! Thanks to Dena for one of the best swaps I've ever been a part of! Off to leave Itrader and Rep points...:chatterbox:

ICraft
04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
It makes me soooo happy to hear that the cards are arriving and you like your returns. Good idea to go undercover Lacemuse you never know where an ATC thief may strike.:mask:

lacemuse
04-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Whew! I can take off the disguise & stop stalking the postman! My cards arrived!!! I'm loving all of them so much!!

Thank you ICraft for hosting such a fun swap, & one that made painting trees a passion for me!

Thanks to balletbon for the fabulous watercolor - Tree Field!! You're my watercolor hero!
Thanks to CherylS for the very beautiful By the Sea tree! I love the way the tree leans towards the sea!!
Thanks to Jennie Wallick who says she new to swapping & was sneeky & didn't post pics! What a shame, because The trees of Arizona Aspen & Ponderosa Pines deservers much praise! Very beautiful!

This has been such a fun swap, I hate to see it end, but I know ICraft is looking forward to a MUCH deserved respite:notworthy:, & I need to rest from all that arm twisting!:jimlad:

ICraft
04-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I finally completed all the Itraders - if anyone did not get one - please send me a PM - I'll be shocked if someone didn't get left out.

Glad to hear more cards are arriving and players are happy - yay!!!

Art101
04-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Cards have arrived all the way from Florida to Hawaii! 1000 thanks to Dena for being such a wonderful hostess! My returns are all just fabulous:

AnnaAardvark - Misty Lake is gorgeous with such beautiful pastel shades!
Jennnie Wallick - the Joshua Tree card brings the desert to life!
Domino - Trees of Panama II is pretty and dreamlike, so nice!

Headed to leave ITrader and REPs. Thanks to everyone, especially Dena, for such a fun swap!

Just Ducky
04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
I also received my Majestic Trees Monday... love each one... bowing to our hostess, don't know how you handled all these beauties and still swaped them out...:notworthy:

CheryIS... your pastel work is beautiful... love my....By the River....
BamaKathy.... Cekestial Tree...nice magical feel to this wonderful card...
Boekwrm.....your woodland Fairy did super on my card.. love the orange coloring in this..

kentuckydakota
04-19-2011, 01:10 AM
It's like a tiny forest in this house! Thank you wonderful hostess and talented artists- lafaver55, cameo, mouseit, catsie, houstonhunter, CherylS who brought this forest to me! I'll send out reps and such momentarily.

Phrixy
04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
*bounces around* My trees arrived! Thank you, I Craft, for hosting this wonderful swap!
I received trees from Art101, Bevie2u and SunTrade! Thank you so much!

Boekwrm
04-19-2011, 01:14 PM
My trees have arrived! Am I the first crossocean receiver?
They are beautiful!
Made by Kat, Bamakathy and alanabannana is a great little forest of precious trees. Thank you all!

Boekwrm
04-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Oh my, I forgot to thank our GREAT host! ThankyouThankyouThankyou!!

shayNOLA
04-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I received mine!! I love swaps with 6:6 options! I have 6 beautiful trees from:
Kat - Orange Moon, Purple Sky... WOW! Every little detail is perfect!
Dena - Golden Tree - What an awesome surprise! A beautiful card... love your resin technique. I need details on how you did it. :)
B_anne - Sunrise Tree - I had my fingers crossed I would receive one of yours! This card is so lovely and unique... just beautiful!
LadyKristianna - Palm Tree - YAY!! I'm sooo happy to have your art... I LOVE your style!
Art101 - #3 - Finally have another piece of art from you!! I know your art without even looking at the name. You have amazing ink details!!
And last but not least...
Domino - Trees of Panama I - So much detail in such a tiny piece. I love it!! LOL... I hope to one day own the largest personal collection of 'Art by Domino'!! :)

Dena, thank you for hosting the most amazing swap! I hope we spoiled you with lots of gifts and extras (and bribes...) :) Thanks for all your hard work!
~Shay

ICraft
04-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Yay - the internationals are arriving to and yes Boekwrm you are the first one from across the ocean! I have been so happy with all the Itrader feedback and comments in the thread - it makes all the hard work so worthwhile when so many people are so happy with the swap!:wub: We really need a smiley face with clapping hands - my husband laughs because whenever I am happy about something I do this little clap - now all I need is a smiley that does that too! haha

craftyvox
04-19-2011, 04:50 PM
My trees have arrived! Am I the first crossocean receiver?

Mine has arrived as well -- so that makes two of us! I would have been sad had the TNT brought trees to your doorstep but not mine, hehe :cute:

Thanks to our most wonderful and sweet hostess for pulling of such an awesome swap! :notworthy:

And thanks to Katelnorth, 3katz and SunTrade for 3 fabulous ATCs that make a great addition to my ever growing collection of trees. I LOVE my returns! Acrylics, encaustic and fabric art - 3 techniques I am myself unfamiliar with which makes them ever so much more fun to have in my collection :D Me = happy!

craftyvox
04-19-2011, 05:01 PM
I wanted to 'You Rock!' you gals to thank you for your beautiful ATCs but the forum won't let me! I am pretty sure I left you all a message through the rep thing when you posted your cards /giggles - Will come back and try again after spreading more love!

RachelMarie
04-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Loved this swap! got great cards back! So excited!

ShayNOLA- got your "Zen Willow" love it! and the daffodils are great!
Kat- got your green-lined tree! So cool! Love it!
Sallyannart- got yours! Lovely vintage writing and very cool collage!
:)
Thank you Dena!!! This was a great swap

alanabannana
04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
very majestic trees arrived for me.
Kat, joytotheblog and craftyvox, love all my returns. Thanks you Dena for a great swap!!

fitz1000
04-19-2011, 05:47 PM
This is the first swap I have done in a while, forgot how great it is to get the returns! Thanks so much Dena for hosting and thank you to the fabulous participants...especially
Barbara K, Kstyles, and of course Dena your card is super fab as well!

ICraft
04-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Attention Players: If you have only left one or two posts in the forum and players have commented to you through them before they can not leave you rep points with the same posts so players please take a minute to post anything - happy I got my cards, still waiting, you lucky players - on the forum so that your rep points can be left. Thanks - I don't want anyone to miss out!

ICraft
04-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Dardarbinx - I sent you the names for those 2 players!

RachelMarie
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks again Dena for hosting this swap! :)

Raingirl
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
My cards arrived today! I got beautiful cards from Just Ducky, PAMI, and FITZ1000. I absolutely love them. :spinny:

mzspurslasso
04-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Gorgeous trees arrived yesterday!! Thank you to sallyannart, Elena, and Zhenechka! And huge thanks to our hostess with the mostess...ICraft!!!

Lilthamel
04-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Cards came today - wonderful. I've had a bad headache all day :cry:
but it suddenly started to subside when these lovely tress appeared in my mail box! :)
So thanks to ICraft for hosting and thank you Studio Blue, Zhenechka and Evalila! Lovely! :wub:

Jean
04-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Got my cards!!!! Yippee! Don't have 'em handy, lol, but will get busy leaving feedback when we're in the same room again! thanks to all and to lovely hostess!

Wil Opio Oguta
04-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Lovely cards arrived yesterday from MicheleMergesMartens, Beth and Threshold90. Thank you all and thanks to Dena for hosting this fun swap. Now off to leave reps and Itrader

Threshold90
04-20-2011, 04:02 AM
got returns, a TY to iCraft had a lot of fun ;) and a TY to elena, evalila, and knottyneedle whom I rec'v cards frm......

katelnorth
04-20-2011, 04:02 AM
My cards arrived yesterday as well - and they are all really wonderful. I had a felted tree from Baitu; a gorgeous stamped tree on an old letter or manuscript with bits of gold and a lovely quote from joytotheblog and a trio of Zetti trees (these remind me of The Lorax, by Dr Seuss!) from alannabanana - all of them are really wonderful. I'm so glad my poor well-travelled trees arrived in time for this one - I would have hated to miss the returns!

Thanks, Dena - great swap.

MorahLaura
04-20-2011, 08:51 AM
My trees have arrived and they are gorgeous! I don't have them in front of me and I have a kid on me...but I will leave reps soon! Thanks Dena!!!!

Evalila
04-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Received beautiful cards from Bamakathy, lafaver55 and StudioBlue! Thank you so much - and thanks to Dena for hosting this great swap!!! :wubclub:

Off to leave points and iTrader...

octocat
04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Got lovely cards from JustDucky, PAMI, and mzspurslasso~

tekamarie
04-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Great cards and wonderful players, Thank you host for a great swap!

Bevie2u
04-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Hello folks, I just finished giving YOU ROCK to RachelMarie, Phixy, and Kentuckydakota for their lovely Majestic Trees, and an itrader for our wonderful Host....sorry I missed out on the fun game you had Dena!

lacemuse
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
The best swap ever!! Thanks for hosting Dena!

Donnacr
04-21-2011, 07:26 PM
My wonderful cards arrived yesterday (between the 3 cards I cover 3 seasons - beautiful!) from: lacemuse, thunbzink and lunamoth. thanks iCraft for another fantastic and fun swap (hav a cup of tea and put your feet up after swapping all those hundreds of cards - WE are all happy :D:)
off to leave points for all

Zhenechka
04-22-2011, 01:00 PM
My cards arrived yesterday -- what a fantastic way to end a great day and start a long weekend.

Many thanks to the host, ICraft, and to the wonderful artists whose cards I now own -- Phrixy, Lilthamel, and Baitu!

cameo
04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Got my cards two days ago, but been busy moving a friend and her family into a new house... LOVVVEEEEEE my cards. Thx Dena!!!!

ICraft
04-25-2011, 02:12 AM
I love reading all the great responses to the swap returns and I'm glad everyone had a fun time. I was getting a little nervous hosting such a large swap and was so worried that I would not be able to keep up with all of you and have the time to "connect" to the players - fortunately - it was just the opposite and I feel like I have met so many wonderful new people and also got to enjoy my "repeat" players that I love so much and can always count on. You guys are all the best!!! Thank you so much!!!

balletbon
04-25-2011, 06:56 AM
I recieved mine as well, thanks to

B-Anne
AmyMax
3Katz

very happy with my trades!

thaks for hosting Icraft, giving me the courage to try to host soon! I liked your printed note, that was very helpful!

domino
04-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Happy day today! I received my trees! Awesome! Love them! Was really exited to see what I got! Thanks Dena!!! you are a great host!
Thanks to AnnaAardvark, RachelMarie, Lunamoth, ICraft, Raingirl, and I have one more beautiful pencil drawn tree and I can't figure out who it belongs too :(

3katz
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
My wonderful cards arrived today, well done to Icraft for hosting such an amazing swap.

Janet - Gorgeous acrylic painting, love the colour of the tree
bevie2u - Island tree - I would love to be sat on that island
Fitz1000 - Red & white forrest is beautiful

RachelMarie
04-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Dena, thanks again for hosting this swap! I loved this one. Probably my fave swap I've ever been involved in. :) Everything was great!

ICraft
04-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Every host loves to hear that their swap is a fave - thanks for the compliments!

houstonhunter
05-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the cards, I got some great ones from Knottyneedle, Ultrablue and Boekwrm! And thanks very much to ICraft for hosting, I had a lot of fun.

ICraft
05-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the swap houstonhunter - I know especially with new players you never quite know what to expect so good cards and a fun time sounds like it went well for you!

Mouseit
05-09-2011, 05:04 AM
whoohooo the trees have arrived in my patch to shade me and mine... heehee:laugh:
Thank you so much to Dena for letting me have such lovely trees! You did good girl! Great Hostess that you are.....

I have lovely trees from -Cameo - Tree lover
-Icraft - Cotton Candy tree
and - joytotheblog - A beautiful painted tree.

Thank you all... yep off to leave the points in the right place....LOL

ICraft
05-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Hooray - our vacationing Aussie finally returned home to get her cards - gee Mouseit I'm shocked you didn't postpone your trip until you received your Majestic Trees. hee-hee I imagine those ATCs were your all encompassing thoughts while you were on vacation. haha

Mouseit
05-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Hooray - our vacationing Aussie finally returned home to get her cards - gee Mouseit I'm shocked you didn't postpone your trip until you received your Majestic Trees. hee-hee I imagine those ATCs were your all encompassing thoughts while you were on vacation. haha

Well let me tell you that I was suffering from creative withdrawal..LOL I did do the start of two cards while I was away as I found some new pealized acrylic paint, so did S and T in the RSTUV swap....

Have been creating for the Aussie swaps since then...LOL