PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre holidays - MARCH Due March 31st

Donnacr
02-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Due Date: March 31st
postage date for internationals: March 17th
cards: 3 for 3
participants: 20

I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 2 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere else in the world - I suggest that you do the same. That still leaves 3 weeks to make 3 cards.

You will go to this site:
http://library.thinkquest.org/2886/mar.htm

Choose up to 3 holidays to create your ATCs for - they can be the same holiday or 3 different ones. All mediums are welcome.

You can now plan ahead - all future Bizarre holiday swaps will be due on the 20th of the month that you are making. That means that April will be due April 20th.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by March 31st. I will mail your return cards as soon as possible, but remember, it took 2 weeks to reach me so they will take 2 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players - please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players - a stamp equivalent to your postage would be appreciated but is not required.
ALL players please include a LARGE address label.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap like-for-like, as much as I can.

2。Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) or some loose postage is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into standard pockets and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card may not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards, and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback for me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points for the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun. (I think)

PLAYERS
0. donnacr
1. pami - returned
2. threshold90 - returned
3. flowerlily64 - returned
4. suntrade - returned
5. trekaroo -received
6. tattiekite - received
7. jaeseals - returned
8. jo.on.the.go - returned
9. pirategrrl775 - received

Donnacr
02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Come one, come all. Let's finish the first quarter of the year with a Holiday!!

PAMI
02-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Please sign me up for this swap Cards are finished an go in the mail today

Threshold90
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Count me in. Looked at the list-lots o cool celebrations!! :D

flowerlily64
02-24-2011, 02:35 PM
I would like to join this swap please

Donnacr
02-25-2011, 04:18 AM
pami - you are amazing!!! I look forward to seeing what you have made for this month

Welcome - Threshold90 and flowerlily64! You are right, there are some very cool celebrations on this month's list. I can't wait to see which you choose. :jiggy:;)

SunTrade
02-27-2011, 02:25 AM
I have to join March because is my birthday month!

(Not that I am counting ....)

Donnacr
02-27-2011, 06:09 AM
suntrade - WELCOME!! what date is your birthday? My Dad's birthday is March 24th and my anniversary is on March 21st (we hit 30 years this year, and my husband's favourite comment is that "he would have got less for murder" :skeptical::D)

Threshold90
02-28-2011, 04:16 AM
I got mine done... take a look
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=210840
hope you like em, had fun making them. I sent you a PM for your address...
Thanks for having me,
Threshold90

Donnacr
02-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Threshold90 - I love those cards!! 'Extraterrestrial abduction day' is fabulous but I think my favourite is 'Be nasty day' - some days it just feels appropriate, doesn't it? :unsure::skeptical::D

trekaroo - you have already signed up for the Bizarre Holidays APRIL swap. I will sign you up for this one as well. If you don't want to be in both just let me know and I will take you off but there is a lot of time between their due dates.

Threshold90
02-28-2011, 04:44 AM
haha sure does ;) hey can I have your address por favors? Thx :P

Donnacr
02-28-2011, 04:57 AM
just sent it to you, sorry it took so long but I have been out most of the day.

tattiekite
02-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Me too, please.

Threshold90
02-28-2011, 10:52 AM
H np thk u. Hopefully mail today :D

Donnacr
02-28-2011, 11:44 PM
tattiekite - welcome to yet another Bizarre Holiday

threshold90 - I can normally translate you but I don't know what the 'H np' means in your latest message. I translated 'thk u' to mean 'thank you' but couldn't work out the first part. My children are trying to teach me but I am SMS challenged :confused::embarrassed:

SunTrade
03-01-2011, 12:02 AM
suntrade - WELCOME!! what date is your birthday? My Dad's birthday is March 24th and my anniversary is on March 21st (we hit 30 years this year, and my husband's favorite comment is that "he would have got less for murder" :skeptical::D)

Is actually the 29!

Wow 30 years is a lot of years ... congratulations are in order!

SunTrade
03-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Threshold90 I love your alien card! It is the best! I am a sci fi nut .... what can I say.

I also had the yellow submarine for mine ... guess I am going to have to think of something else ...

Threshold90
03-01-2011, 05:04 AM
Aw thank u. Lemme know if u wanna do a sci fi trade :) u can still do ylw sub. I dont own it. Feel free

jaeseals
03-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd love to join!

Donnacr
03-01-2011, 11:59 PM
jaeseals - welcome to this month's Holiday swap!

Threshold90
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Just mailed out my cards at the PO :) u will c em soon

Donnacr
03-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I look forward to seeing them IRL

SunTrade
03-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Aw thank u. Lemme know if u wanna do a sci fi trade :) u can still do ylw sub. I dont own it. Feel free

I would love to!

Please PM and tell me what you would like!

SunTrade
03-04-2011, 11:26 PM
My cards are done.

I picked: Festival Of Smoke and Mirrors Day, Something on a Stick Day. Submarine Day, and Fragrance Day.

Here they are:

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/4339/bizarreholidaysmarch.jpg

Something on a stick is Jose on a stick. Jeff Durham puppet. If you have not seen him, check it out, he is really funny!

Donnacr
03-05-2011, 04:26 AM
suntrade - I LOVE your 'Smoke and mirrors day' card - VERY clever!! It wasn't till I looked closer that I realised what the face REALLY was. I look forward to seeing them in real life

SunTrade
03-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Thank you! Is actually based on the famous painting of Octavio Ocampo.

His work is absolutely amazing, and I can only dream to ever paint like him! Take a look at his gallery. Actually you need to see the photo from far, and then click and enlarge and you will see something completely different!

http://beinart.org/artists/octavio-ocampo/

Donnacr
03-06-2011, 12:48 AM
His work is AMAZING!! Some of those paintings, even after I had looked at them close up, when I looked at the distant picture again - I couldn't 'find' what I now KNEW had to be there.

studio39designs
03-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I know I can't make the March deadline - I'd like to join April's swap, but I didn't see it in the Active ATC Swaps forum. Am I missing something? Thanks! :unsure:

Threshold90
03-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Suntrade~amazing cards! love ur take on the ylw sub n jose jalapeņo on a stick is comedy! :)

flowerlily64
03-06-2011, 04:47 PM
yay...I am done with my cards...they will be in the mail tomorrow!

Donna, please send me your address...thanks!

jo.on.the.go
03-06-2011, 05:45 PM
oh my gosh...I almost missed this. I will get drawing right away.

Threshold90
03-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Flowerlily64-nice job on ur cards :)

Donnacr
03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
studio39designs - I have sent you a PM

flowerlily - great cards and I have sent you my address

jo.on.the.go - I can't believe that I almost let you miss this one. WELCOME and you are signed up

flowerlily64
03-06-2011, 09:22 PM
thank you threshold and Donnac

pirategrrl775
03-07-2011, 03:36 AM
here I am, again! Please sign me up!

Donnacr
03-07-2011, 04:26 AM
welcome back pirategrrl775, you are so close to a full year now.

jo.on.the.go
03-07-2011, 10:05 PM
My cards will go out tomorrow. Here is a preview. They are all in my gallery.
March 16 - Everything You Do is Right Day

Donnacr
03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
jo.on.the.go - your cards are amazing again!

I LOVE the card you have previewed as I am a left-hander who was not allowed to write left handed at school - I can now write so that you can understand with my left hand but much quicker with my right. I do most chores left handed and it was my only advantage when I started playing basketball after I was married - people arent' used to defending a left-handed person so they tended to foul me when trying to take the ball. My husband is VERY right handed (if he hurts that hand he can't do ANYTHING) and he is constantly amazed that 2 of our 3 children are left-handed.

Donnacr
03-09-2011, 08:21 PM
trekaroo - I will mark you down as 'mailed' but I only received cards today that were mailed on Feb 25, so don't panic. I will leave a message in this thread (and iTrader you) the day that I receive them.
jaeseals - I received your March and April cards today. I have only looked at March so far as I can't give someone 2 iTraders closer than 2 hours apart. March cards are GREAT!! Thanks for the extra.
pami - I received your March and April cards today. March are great! (I think my favourite is 'Alfred Hitchcock day' but I don't know. thanks for the extra

tattiekite
03-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Mailed today, Donna. Flying tomorrow - I'm on my way!

Donnacr
03-11-2011, 12:14 AM
tattiekite - I'm probably too late but GOOD LUCK!! May you have all the fun you imagined.

Donnacr
03-14-2011, 11:46 PM
I had a wonderfully Bizarre collection of letters today - 1 to complete my February swap and 3 for this swap. I received magnificent cards (and extras) from: threshold90, trekaroo and jo.on.the.go
I will leave rep points as soon as I return from an appointment.

Threshold90
03-15-2011, 03:17 AM
Glad u got em ;)

Donnacr
03-20-2011, 10:19 PM
flowerlily64 - your fabulous cards arrived today, thanks for the extras

flowerlily64
03-20-2011, 11:23 PM
I am so happy they arrived in time AND safely....thanks for letting me know. Enjoy!

Donnacr
03-23-2011, 03:18 AM
suntrade your wonderful cards arrived today - I have to wait 2 hours before I can give you another iTrader but I won't forget

Donnacr
03-24-2011, 01:20 AM
pirategrrl775 - your cards arrived today! It is pouring outside at the moment so your 'Brrr!' cards were perfect and I love all the bling! on those cards.

Donnacr
03-25-2011, 01:02 AM
trekaroo - Australia is just coming out of a 10 year drought where it had got so bad that garden watering was forbidden, washing the car was a thing of the past and your household consumption was carefully monitored. The rain is VERY welcome!! Nature is rejoicing with the most spectacular displays in flowers and trees - really beautiful to see (except in those areas which have gone slightly overboard and are now suffering floods). We are just never happy, are we?

Threshold90
03-25-2011, 03:57 AM
hmmm its hard to plz man-kind we r always too cold or too hot lol ;P

Donnacr
03-26-2011, 08:22 PM
tattiekite - your fantastic cards arrived on Friday but I forgot to note it in the thread. I love the way that you have used the rhyme of 'This little piggy went to market' for your National Pig Day.
(I want your swag of fabric - it must be magnificent as you ALWAYS have just the right thing. Hmmmm, my husband would probably kill me if I brought any more craft 'things' into the house so I guess you had better keep your swag. sigh. . . . . .)

tattiekite
03-27-2011, 11:47 PM
So glad they arrived. Embarrassingly my swag is huge and now growing with Kiwiana fabric (tee hee - had to buy another suitcase)- more to come at AQC?

Threshold90
04-08-2011, 06:31 PM
got my returns, a TY to donnacr for hostin n for the gift ATC. A TY to jaeseals, trekaroo, & PAMI whom I rec'v cards frm.... :)

flowerlily64
04-08-2011, 06:33 PM
my husband would probably kill me if I brought any more craft 'things' into the house so I guess you had better keep your swag. sigh. . . . . .)

My husband would too so I sneak them in through the basement door...LOL

I received a great set of cards from jo.on.the.go, pami, tattiekite, and donnacr! thank you for them and donnacr for hosting this great swap!

Donnacr
04-08-2011, 08:58 PM
I always get excited when people start to get their returns - thanks for telling us who received what from whom

jo.on.the.go
04-17-2011, 11:30 AM
I got my cards some time while I was away...so these thanks may be a little late. Many thanks Donna for hosting yet another fun swap. And thanks to these artists whose cards I received:
tattiekite - National Pig Day
flowerlily64 - Fragrance Day
pirategrrl775 - Something on a Stick (I can't leave you rep points at the moment)
Donnacr - Hostess card, Alfred Hitchcock

Because I was away, I didn't get around to reading all the threads as they were being written...but I did find your comments about being left-handed interesting. I am also left handed, and to this day I have to stop and really think about what is left and what is right. Nobody tried to make me become right handed, but I attribute my difficulty in determining left from right because whenever anybody gave directions to a group and included saying "when I instruct you to do such-and-such with your right hand, all you left-handed people just do it with your left hand". So, sometimes "right" meant "left" and sometimes "left" meant "left".