PDA

View Full Version : Astrological Signs ATC Swap, Due May 20, 2011

Phoenix
03-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Swap Due Date – May 20, 2011
Withdrawal Deadline – May 10, 2011
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of Participants - 12

Come have fun with the Zodiac and astrological signs! Each participant will choose an astrological sign, and make 3 ATCs representing that sign. Each player will then receive 3 cards from different signs. I don't think I can control which signs you get back (though you can request one) but you will get three different signs from three different artists.

It is important to communicate about participating in this swap and letting us know if you need to withdraw. We are all depending upon each other to do their three cards so we all get a mix of the 12 signs.

There is a lot of information on the web about the signs and their symbols and pictures. Some sites go into more detail than others. Look into it as deeply as you need to so that you can get a sense of that sign's energy and let it inspire you to create! Here are a few sites I found:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com
Click any link under “zodiac signs” in the left column. There is information about each sign as well as some pictures and symbols.

Google “Libra sign images” or whichever sign you have chosen. Remember that many of these images are not copyright free.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_sign
Gives you more information on each sign including elemental associations and other background info to help inspire images.

http://www.fotosearch.com
Offers clip *** and images. Again, some of these images are copyright free and some are not.

Asking questions about astrological signs on the thread is encouraged. I've studied and taught astrology for many years, and I'm sure some of you have too.

Swap Requirements

* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the hostess is welcome, but optional.
* Please send in your best work. Send cards that you would be happy to get in return.
* Make sure cards are well-glued and sealed, if necessary.
* Use only light/flat embellishments and put your cards in plastic sleeves.
* Any media including collage is fine, but make sure the cards are not too bulky.

Mailing Information

* Include username, real name, and the swap name on the back of all cards, and on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include a clearly written SASE with .61 postage.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Post to the thread when you are sending your cards out so I know when they were mailed. Any late cards will be returned.

We love to see everyone's ***, so please post it to the thread if you can.

When you receive your returns, please leave i-Trader for your swap hostess and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. People like to know where their works of *** end up!

So lets get started! Here are the astrological signs and their most commonly associated image:

1. Aries – the Ram - debs913 - Received 4/18
2. Taurus – the Bull - domino - Received 5/16
3. Gemini – the Twins - Vicki Z - Received 3/14
4. Cancer – the Crab - mrubyjean - Received 5/10
5. Leo – the Lion - papersaga - Received 4/4
6. Virgo – the Virgin - Evalila - Received 4/13
7. Libra – the Scales - theweavershand - Received 5/20/11
8. Scorpio – the Scorpion - kstyles - Received 5/23/11
9. Sagittarius – the Archer (or Centaur) - WildGoose - Received 4/28
10. Capricorn – the Goat - sammylouise40 - Received 5/21/11
11. Aquarius – the Water Bearer - Joss - Received 4/1
12. Pisces – two Fish - Kavka - Received 3/29

As each person claims a sign, I'll put your name next to it on the list above. I'll take the last open slot so everyone has a chance to pick their favorite. Once all the spaces are filled I'll start a wait list in case someone needs to drop out, though I hope not! I've set the withdrawal date ten days early so that we can fill spots as needed.

This should be fun! Who would like to play?

Returns received:

theweavershand
mrubyjean
Kavka
papersaga
Vicki Z
kstyles
debs913
Evalila
Joss
WildGoose

Phoenix
03-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Who wants to pick a sign first? I'll let everyone else choose first, then take the last one. Fun Fun :jiggy:

mrubyjean
03-07-2011, 12:00 AM
I'd love to play...and I would like Cancer, the Crab, please!

Phoenix
03-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Welcome, welcome! Thanks for being the first mrubyjean ;)

Kavka
03-07-2011, 12:22 AM
No Ophiuchus!? I guess most people still don't consider that to be a true western zodiac sign.

Anyway, I'll take Pisces.

Phoenix
03-07-2011, 12:28 AM
No Ophiuchus!? I guess most people still don't consider that to be a true western zodiac sign.

Anyway, I'll take Pisces.

As an Ophiuchus, I understand, and do consider it a true sign. I just decided to go with the well-known 12 for simplicity (and also because its my first swap and I can only have 12 players...lol).

Thanks for playing, Kavka!

theweavershand
03-07-2011, 12:29 AM
well darn...would have picked Cancer...hmmmmm....let me have Libra, please!

Kavka
03-07-2011, 12:41 AM
As an Ophiuchus, I understand, and do consider it a true sign. I just decided to go with the well-known 12 for simplicity (and also because its my first swap and I can only have 12 players...lol).

Ahh, fellow Ophiuchus~
We are the forever disenfranchised members of the zodiac!

Phoenix
03-07-2011, 01:05 AM
theweavershand, you now have Libra! Thanks for playing!
Kavka...you said it! LOL.

Vicki Z
03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
I will play. I'll do Gemini.

If I could get back a Centaur, I would be ecstatic:jiggy:(and most grateful) :notworthy::notworthy:

Cat's Cradle
03-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I'd like to do Aries.

I'm a Pisces, so if I could get one fishy back, I'd be very happy.

edit: I'll do Aries the Ram, not Ares the War God....

Joss
03-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Congrats on your first swap. Me please, with Aquarius.

kstyles
03-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I'll do Scorpio. I'm a Taurus and would LOVE to get a Taurus card in return. :)

Phoenix
03-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm so glad to see you all wanting to sign up! This is going to be fun.

I've got Vicki Z, catscradle, Joss, and kstyles signed up, and I've noted your preferences and will try to get those to you if at all possible. That's the benefit of having a small first swap.

Welcome, all!

Evalila
03-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Id like to do virgo, please.

Phoenix
03-07-2011, 03:50 PM
No problem, Evalila! Welcome!

Phoenix
03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Only 3 more sign ups and then I get the last one :jiggy:

domino
03-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I love zodiac,
i would like to do
Taurus the bull, please. I am Scorpio myself. would be happy to get it :)

BrianaShaeHall
03-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I'll do Capricorn! Please and thank you.

Good luck on your first swap!

Kavka
03-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I'll do Capricorn! Please and thank you.
Capricorn is my favorite! I look forward to see what you come up with~

Phoenix
03-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Welcome domino, papersaga, and BrianaShaeHall! We are already full, since I took the last sign (Sagittarius, which I am. Funny how that worked out!).

Anyone who wants to sign up from now on will go on a wait list in case someone needs to drop.

So lets get to it! Please post what you create to the swap so we can all see! And PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.

Thank you all for participating!

Joss
03-08-2011, 01:53 PM
wow this swap filled up very fast, can't wait to see what everyone does.

Kavka
03-08-2011, 11:34 PM
This thread is directly responsible for my researching seahorses as pets last night for several hours. I really want a pet seahorse now :P

Seahorses are fish (thus relating to Pisces), by the way. They're not mammals or amphibians or anything.

Phoenix
03-09-2011, 12:10 PM
My grandma used to keep seahorses, and I've been obsessed with them my whole life. Really, they are so fascinating, and I love the part where the male carries the eggs/babies. I even have a tattoo of a seahorse on my leg/ankle. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Kavka
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I'd really like to keep seahorses but the cost and time it takes isn't really feasible for a college student. They seem pretty difficult to maintain.

Pipefish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipefish) male's also carry the embryos. They're not quite as interesting looking as seahorses though.

debs913
03-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Sigh...I missed signing up for this one. Hope everyone posts their cards to show!

Phoenix
03-10-2011, 02:37 PM
I'd really like to keep seahorses but the cost and time it takes isn't really feasible for a college student. They seem pretty difficult to maintain.

Pipefish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipefish) male's also carry the embryos. They're not quite as interesting looking as seahorses though.

So true! they are hard to maintain for a non college student too. I guess I'l just have to admire them from afar. Or maybe do a seahorse swap. that would be cool!

Phoenix
03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Sigh...I missed signing up for this one. Hope everyone posts their cards to show!

i can put you on a wait list, and i know i'll do this again when i can have more people in a swap. thanks for your interest and i hope you like what you see here. I know it is going yo be great!

WildGoose
03-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Missed this one, Phoenix- will definitely try to be in on the next go-round!
( I'd be there for the twins -have lots of fun with that one,VickiZ )!

Phoenix
03-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Hey WildGoose! Absolutely, we'll catch you next time!

I just received our first cards today: Gemini from Vicki Z. They are awesome and (I think) great interpretations of the sign. Thank you also, Vicki for the extra :jiggy:

Phoenix
03-19-2011, 04:56 PM
So quiet...how is everyone doing?

Kavka
03-20-2011, 12:51 AM
My cards are nearly done. I think all finish them and upload them tomorrow.

Kavka
03-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Finished my cards (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=216719)!

Phoenix
03-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Kavka, those are beautiful! I love your style. And of course, I'm touched and excited to have a specially made Ophiuchus card. Thank you! I'll keep my eye out for the cards in the mail.

Phoenix
03-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Ok, I know I can simply do some research online about this, but I thought I'd ask here first. Does anyone know if a centaur can be female? Are there female centaurs or are they called something different if they are gals?

MACE
03-25-2011, 11:19 PM
put me on the waiting list pls.

Phoenix
03-25-2011, 11:22 PM
No problem, MACE!

Vicki Z
03-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Although most definitions talk about half man/half horse centaurs, female centaurs not only exist, but were written about by Shakespeare, and are depicted in art, including a wonderful scene in Disney's "Fantasia"

I have heard female centaurs referred to as Kentaurides (or Centaurides) but that term doesn't seem to be used much.

Phoenix
03-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Thanks, Vicki! I kept drawing centaurs, and while there is nothing wrong with the male form, I just wanted to draw women. I like the term Centaurides. I think I'm going to go for it; its my art, right?

LOL. Yes, that lovely section of Fantasia sticks out in my mind quite a bit...for good and not so good reasons. Yikes!

Vicki Z
03-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Yes, it is your art, so go for it!!:spinny:

I remember that section of Fantasia being nude Centaurs originally, but later "certain" body parts got draped with flowers. Oh, our helpful censors!

I also remember a female Centaur who killed herself when her husband died in battle. I need to look her up.
And then there are the vases depicting female Centaurs. Oh my, I haven't thought about these things since college art class.

Kavka
03-26-2011, 01:12 PM
My cards were sent out today!

BrianaShaeHall
03-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I think there is nothing wrong with a female centaur!

Phoenix
03-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Vicki, thank you so much for the info; I'll have to look up some of those vases...lucky me that I have you as a resource!!

Kavka, I can't wait to see your cards IRL; thanks for keeping me updated on when they went postal.

And yes, Briana, I'm going for it. Even if there isn't a lot depicting them, I think she would look cool and empowering. Maybe I'll do a series...

Sounds like creative juices are flowing. Don't forget to post your cards here (or a link) so we can all see what's happening. And also, like I did, ask questions and discuss as much as you want to be about the signs or Astrology in general!

Joss
03-27-2011, 12:59 PM
I am a typical Aquarius, which means a nutter!
I often think that our 'sign' should be more zany!

Here are mine- they will go in the post tomorrow. Thanks for hosting Traci.

Phoenix
03-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Wow Joss! Those are awesome! I will keep my eye out for them. I really like your expression of Aquarius (and I think I've seen that fellow with the cute backside before in your art...hee hee). Just wonderful!!

Phoenix
03-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Truly lovely cards received from Kavka today; even more so in real life. Thank you, again, for the extra special hostie card!

Looks like we are going to have happy recipients. The cards I've seen so far are fantastic!

Phoenix
03-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Not that I wouldn't love to make Sagittarius cards for this swap, but I was just thinking that we've had three requests for people to join, and I can give up my spot if another person wants to play. Its up to you all.

debs913 was the first to ask once we were full. Then came
WildGoose and
MACE

So we'll go in that order if any of the three on the waiting list would like to do Sagittarius. First dibs goes to debs913, and so on. Let us know!

(I'm still going to do that Centaur/Centaurides series, so keep an eye out for personal trades if someone takes my spot here :jiggy:)

Cat's Cradle
03-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Traci, I'm gonna have to back out. I've got a lot going on right now.

Someone on the waiting list would be happy to take Aries, I'm sure.

Phoenix
03-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh, catscradle! I'm so sorry to lose you, but I understand about over-full plates. I hope things calm down for you.

So, yes, it looks like Aries is available. And Sagittarius is still available if anyone wants to do that (I, of course, can still do that one). debs913? WildGoose? MACE?

Phoenix
03-30-2011, 10:02 PM
debs913 wants to do Aries! Thanks Deb, and welcome!

Phoenix
03-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Just went back to my mailbox and found that WildGoose wants to do Sagittarius. So we are officially full again, and MACE is up in case anyone else has to drop.

Welcome WildGoose! We've had some discussion about Centaurs, male and female, in previous posts.

Have fun everyone!

Phoenix
04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone, how are you?

I would like to know:

1) What is your sign? (that sound's like a bad pick up line)

2) How do the standard descriptions of the sign fit (or not fit) you?

Let's learn a little about each other...LOL!

theweavershand
04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
i really dont know much about or put much stock in the zodiac other than knowing and really liking my sign...Cancer (my parents are from Maryland so we've always been big fans of crabs in any form). i just read a description of what cancers are supposed to be like and its actually spooky how dead on it is.

Evalila
04-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Im scorpio and friends and family often say Im a typical one - passionate, of good repute, creative, but also jealous, unforgiving and depressive, always between heavenly joy and deadly sorrow - a human being of extremes :err:

Here are my virgo cards, hope they are okay:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1252.jpg

Phoenix
04-06-2011, 05:57 PM
i really dont know much about or put much stock in the zodiac other than knowing and really liking my sign...Cancer (my parents are from Maryland so we've always been big fans of crabs in any form). i just read a description of what cancers are supposed to be like and its actually spooky how dead on it is.

I didn't used to put much stock in astrology either, Amy, until I started studying it. You are right, it is a bit spooky!

Im scorpio and friends and family often say Im a typical one - passionate, of good repute, creative, but also jealous, unforgiving and depressive, always between heavenly joy and deadly sorrow - a human being of extremes :err:

Here are my virgo cards, hope they are okay:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1252.jpg

I love your cards, Evalila! They express Virgo energy a lot better than some images I've seen. Its hard to explain, but the emotion of the sign rings true in your cards. Can any Virgos out there help me explain this? LOL. Just know they are lovely cards, and I appreciate you sharing them with us.

And I understand extremes! I'll take another post to tell you all about Sagittarius :wacko: I seem to get along fantastic with Scorpio women, so I think you and domino (and any other Scorpios) are all cool!

I am loving what I'm seeing too, domino. You should see them IRL, they are wonderful!

Phoenix
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Speaking of seeing the cards up close, I received cards from Joss (thank you for the extra card!) and papersaga (thank you for the extra postage!). Both sets are awesome, and excellent interpretations of Aquarius (the fun and colorful side) and Leo (fierce and classy at once).

Great cards everyone, keep 'em comin'!

debs913
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Phoenix asked:
1) What is your sign? (that sound's like a bad pick up line)

2) How do the standard descriptions of the sign fit (or not fit) you?

I am a Virgo to a T. Earth sign and I farm and garden. Picky and bossy and know-it-all :)

Almost done with my Aries cards. I have an advantage in that I have owned many rams over the years, so KNOW what they are like!

debs913
04-07-2011, 09:24 AM
I am a typical Aquarius, which means a nutter!
I often think that our 'sign' should be more zany!

Oh I hope I get this one! He is so cool :cool:

Phoenix
04-07-2011, 02:15 PM
debs, you sound just like my daughter. She is technically a Libra, by exactly 1 and 1/2 hours. If I had had the epidural earlier she would have been a Virgo. I don't know the technicalities on that, but I know she's called a "cusp" person, being born so close to the changing of signs, but she acts just like a Virgo so far. Time will tell!

debs913
04-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I've finished my Aries cards.

Check them out. (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=219298)

deb

Phoenix
04-08-2011, 04:35 AM
debs, those are lovely; you can tell that you really know about rams!! I'll keep an eye out for them in the mail. Thanks for playing!!

Phoenix
04-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Received AWESOME cards from Evalila...these are very special, and lovely representations of Virgo. Thank you for the extra!

How is everyone doing?

sammylouise40
04-14-2011, 09:24 PM
May I be added to the wishlist so I can participate if there is an opening.

Phoenix
04-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Absolutely, sammylouise40! I was just thinking last night, hoping everyone would be able to do their cards, and a bit worried that there was no one on the wait list in case someone needed to drop. Thank you so much for checking in and being on the list!

And of course, if anyone needs to drop, we now have just over a month til the cards are due so let me know how things are going!!

WildGoose
04-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Here's the sage cards...got inspired last night!

And, whoah,Nellie.... this was the hardest digital stuff I"ve done in a long time trying to make these centauresses (?) not look tooo bogus ( about 2-3 hours a card....but it was really fun, so that makes it worth it!:)

Phoenix
04-16-2011, 11:09 PM
WildGoose, those are WILD and fantastic! I love the energy, I agree it was time well spent! Do you need my addy or do you have it? I can't wait to see them in person!

Yee haw!!

Vicki Z
04-17-2011, 04:14 PM
AWESOME cards, WildGoose!!

WildGoose
04-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Thank-you!
Sagittarius is just the kind of sign you can go a bit off on the humourous side with...and then some!
...And yup, Phoenix, I do need your address!

Phoenix
04-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Some delightful rams were in my mailbox today (imagine that, and imagine how my mail carrier reacted!) from debs. Awesome colors and strong images, just right for Aries! Thank you for the hostie card!

Phoenix
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Helloooo? How is everyone doing? We have under a month until the due date, and I was wondering.

I have not received WildGoose's wonderful cards yet. Do you need my addy again, hun?

How is everyone else feeling about being able to make the deadline? If anyone needs to drop, it would be great if you'd let us know by May 10th so we can find a replacement for your sign.

Otherwise, pop in and say "hey" anytime and let us know you are all still here! The cards sent in so far are so fabulous, I'm looking forward to swapping them all!

Take care y'all!!

mrubyjean
04-27-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm here...and just about to start my Cancer cards...ideas have been brewing and I just finished up my earlier swap commitments!

domino
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Hey! I drew 2 of my cards already. I hope I will be able to come up with 2 more ideas soon :)

Phoenix
04-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Great to hear from you, mrubyjean! And I have faith in you, domino!!

Phoenix
04-28-2011, 09:04 PM
I spoke just a bit too soon. WildGoose, your awesome Sagittarius/Sage cards arrived today, and they are really cool IRL! The detail and the whimsy comes through so well in person. I think you captured the desire to break out of convention that we Sagittarians often crave....lol. Well done!

Phoenix
04-30-2011, 01:36 PM
WildGoose, I forgot to say thank you for the hostie card!!

domino
05-03-2011, 05:53 AM
I am finishing my cards in next few days! hope to mail them by Friday. that should be enough time to get to you, Phoenix, on time.

Phoenix
05-04-2011, 12:24 AM
domino that sounds like plenty of time! Thanks for letting me know!

domino
05-04-2011, 06:02 AM
these are my Taurus cards.
two painted once I took from the old astrology book I found and two other ones are inspired by folk art :)
Let me know what you think, please.

Phoenix
05-04-2011, 11:56 AM
domino, those are lovely. They seem to progress from the more whimsical side of Taurus (yes I know some with a whimsical side, no matter their grounded nature..lol) to the serious, a stunning expression in that last card, to me representing the "don't mess with me" aspect of the bull. I love them, and look forward to seeing them.

I'm pm'ing your my address right now.

mrubyjean
05-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Here are my cards for Cancer ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_astroswap.jpg

Phoenix
05-06-2011, 12:22 AM
mrubyjean, those are so wonderful! They express the feeling of Cancer, and Cancer is all about feelings; thus I have no words, except to say I love these cards!

Do you need my address?

mrubyjean
05-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Thanks, Phoenix! I have your address, if you haven't moved, from recent trades!
My cards should be in the mail tomorrow or Saturday.

Phoenix
05-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Great! I look forward to seeing them IRL.

domino
05-06-2011, 09:17 AM
I sent mine out today!

Phoenix
05-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Excellent, domino. I'll keep my eye out for yours as well.

BrianaShaeHall
05-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry; I need to withdraw. :(

Phoenix
05-07-2011, 10:48 PM
So sorry to lose you, Briana! I hope to see you in another swap soon.

sammylouise40, from our waiting list has agreed to step in and do Capricorn :notworthy: Many thanks!

The deadline to withdraw from the swap is May 10 (3 days), so if anyone is running into trouble, please let me know.

Thanks everyone, and I hope you are all doing great!

mrubyjean
05-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I missed Saturday's mail...arrggh...but the envie will be mailed first thing tomorrow!

Phoenix
05-08-2011, 02:51 PM
You've plenty of time, dear heart. I'll be looking next week. I just saw one of your lovely crabs in the 365 blog and one again was blown away. We are some lucky participants!!!

Phoenix
05-11-2011, 11:55 PM
mrubyjean your cards have arrived; the scans do not do them justice at all. They are delicate and beautiful, strong yet with flow. I love these! Thank you for the extra too.

Ok all, the due date for this swap is 9 days away so I hope you are all doing well and creating wonderful stuff for our swap. I have to say, I can't wait to swap these out, I think everyone is going to be very happy with their returns!

mrubyjean
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Thank you, Phoenix!
And I'm so glad they arrived safely!

theweavershand
05-14-2011, 03:02 AM
whew! mine are finally done! ill have them in the mail to you on Monday, Traci.

Phoenix
05-14-2011, 02:52 PM
whew! mine are finally done! ill have them in the mail to you on Monday, Traci.

These are awesome! Great design and such a balanced feeling to them. Nice work! I cant wait to see them in real life and will be on the lookout for them.

The due date is fast approaching so let us know what's up if you haven't sent cards, if you have, etc.

Be well all!

mrubyjean
05-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Cool Libra cards, theweavershand!

domino
05-18-2011, 05:06 AM
awesome cards, theweavershand!

Phoenix
05-18-2011, 11:28 AM
I received awesome Taurus cards from domino. Wow! They looked good online, but they are very bright, vibrant, and beautiful in real life. Thank you for getting them here on time and for the extras (cards and goodies!).

I'm expecting theweavershand's cards, and have received pm's from our two other members that their cards will be in the mail in the next day or so. So that all signs can be represented, I will wait a couple days past the due date to swap, if need be.

Please let us all know here at the thread (or me by pm) when the cards actually go postal so that I can plan swapping out time.

Thank you all! I'm looking forward to swapping these and getting them out to you all so you can see the fantastic artwork that I've been seeing!

domino
05-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks! glad they got to you safely Phoenix!

Phoenix
05-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Today is the swap deadline, yet there are three sets of cards in the mail on their way to me now. Let's all wish the post office good (fast) speed, and I'll swap out the cards as soon as they get here.

What I have so far is awesome everyone!!

mrubyjean
05-20-2011, 05:07 PM
No worries here...I don't mind waiting!

theweavershand
05-20-2011, 05:26 PM
really surprised mine havent made it yet. ive been very blessed with quick arrivals most of the time.

Phoenix
05-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Hey everyone!

Amy your cards were in my box; my bad for not checking. Awesome work! I can see how much time, effort and love went into these!

I have also received the other sets of cards so I will do the swapping tomorrow before work or Wednesday which is my day off. In either case, returns will be in the mail soon. I'll let you all know!

Phoenix
05-26-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm swapping the cards tonight and they will be in the mail tomorrow...Yay!

I tried to accommodate everyone's requests and was able to in most cases. I apologize if I couldn't make that happen.

I hope everyone is happy with their returns. There was some awesome artwork submitted! Thank you to all who participated.

Please post to the thread when you receive your cards so I know when the swap is officially "over". And please remember to give rep points to those artists that created the cards you receive, and an i trader for me :)

debs913
05-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Hooray! Hooray! Hope I get some cards today!!

deb

Phoenix
06-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I've been hearing from different sources that the mail has been running slow, so that combined with memorial day may be what is holding cards up. Just bear with me (well the postal service, really)...and let us all know when you get cards!

theweavershand
06-03-2011, 04:17 PM
woohoo! returns are here! thanks so much to Traci/Phoenix for hosting and for encouraging me to explore a topic i know so little about! thanks so mrubyjean, Evalila and WildGoose for the beautiful cards! each one is a completely different style and medium. what a great mix!

Phoenix
06-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm so glad to hear cards are arriving!

My first notice of first returns on my first swap :jiggy:

I'm glad you are happy with your returns, Amy/theweavers hand! Thank you for participating!

mrubyjean
06-03-2011, 10:23 PM
My arrived today too...and I love them! Aries from debs913, Pisces from Kavka and Scorpio (my sign) from kstyles...all wonderful!
Thank you so much for a terrific swap, Phoenix!

Kavka
06-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I hope mine show up soon! I can't wait to see what I've gotten!

Kavka
06-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Lovely cards from theweavershand, Evalia and mrubyjean. Thanks for hosting, Phoenix!

Phoenix
06-04-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm glad you've received your returns! :jiggy:

Vicki Z
06-06-2011, 07:20 AM
FAB-U-LOUS cards received from
WildGoose - LOVE that Legendary Sage
papersaga - What an AWESOME Leo
and Domino - Such a whimsical Taurus.

Thanks to all for some wonderful cards
And thanks to Phoenix for an AWESOME swap

debs913
06-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Okay my cards better come today or my mail carrier will be seeing stars!!!! LOL

Phoenix
06-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm rooting for you debs...well maybe I'm rooting for that mail carrier...LOL!

debs913
06-07-2011, 04:21 PM
My mail carrier is safe...my cards came today! Scorpio #1 from kstyles, Pisces1 from Kavka, and Aquarius 2 from Joss...thank you all and many thanks to Phoenix for hosting :)

Phoenix
06-07-2011, 08:04 PM
I am happy for the safety of your mail carrier, deb, and happy happy for you that you received your cards!!

Thank you so much for filling in when we had a withdrawal, and for your lovely contributions!

Evalila
06-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Received my cards, too! A big Thank you to Domino, Kavka and thewavershand - and of course to our wonderful hostess! Off to leave points...

Joss
06-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Wahoo got my cards today from wildgoose, domino and vickyz, thanks for hosting your first swap, what's next???
Off to leave itrader and reps.

debs913
06-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Yes Phoenix...are you up to hosting again LOL :)

Phoenix
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
He He, yes deb, I think I am! I was going to do another round of Astrology, but this time I think I want to explore totems, power animals, and familiars. Anything found in nature (often animals, but I've seen a lot of trees) that has some quality that represents you, or that you want to take on to be stronger, more loving, etc.. Sort of like the animal symbol of your astrological sign. Most people are drawn to some animal more than any other, or trees, or such. Sounds kinda complicated but it really isn't.

Very lengthy response, but I think it would be fun and interesting.

I'll have a better description in the swap thread. And I'll probably do Astrology again after...not sure.

I see that a lot of cards are reaching their homes and I'm so very happy. I'm still a little worried about Canada...I think I sent two there...I think they are having a postal strike :(

WildGoose
06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
You're right Phoenix!

It's a rotating postal strike that's calling on strike action in a different cities/regions for 24-48 hours apiece......and because different "hubs" handle different mail for different regions, those could be piled up somewhere else in Canada more than once before reaching their final destinations...:confused:

I"m a bit concerned about swap mail I sent out more than two weeks ago-before the strike started, actually -....and crossing my fingers on swap mail I sent today; hoping it will make it in time to it's destination...as Calgary is on strike action until tomorrow..
The PostalWorkers union is re-submitting proposals for negotiations tomorrow- Thursday, as well...if it goes badly I"ll be dropping out of some swaps I"m in because of the uncertainty

debs913
06-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I would think that the strikes would be taken into account for those with Canadian hosts/participants. Guess we should ask the mods?

WildGoose
06-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for your concern, debs913...Luckily, I found out from the swap host today that my cards arrived!
They've decided to deliver mail 3 x a week at this point, and I lucked in with today's delivery....my CARDS CAME!!:jiggy:

A gentle GEMINI sun/moon from VickiZ
A royal guardian LEO from PaperSaga and
A scale-holding -LIBRA- Medieval Maid from theweavershand ...many thanks for your unique and well thought out cards!

Thank-you, Phoenix, for being our gracious host...looking forward to your next swap; whatever the theme!:)

Phoenix
06-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Awesome, awesome! I was so worried about the Canada folks! I think I'm going to archive the swap now. I have truly loved doing this swap, and seeing all of the artwork and love that goes into all of the cards. You all have been awesome! Thank you for making this a great experience.

My next swap is going to be fairies, I'm pretty sure. Keep an eye out...I'd love to see you all there!!

Vicki Z
06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
AWESOME swap, Phoenix.
Can't wait to see your fairies swap - or something else.