PDA

View Full Version : Come Play! It's the Spring Equinox All Types of Art a-thon! Mar 18 - 21

Pages : [1] 2 3

HHC
03-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Woohoo! :jiggy: It’s another crazy art party!

Your hosts for this four day Art a-thon are:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/image.php?u=768&dateline=1203989425KESagers; http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/image.php?u=296&dateline=1204484834sniisk; http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/image.php?u=631&dateline=1293681689&type=thumbJust Ducky and http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/image.php?u=400&dateline=1295239578&type=thumbHHC.

Now that’s a scary lineup! LOL!

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (just past midnight) on FRIDAY March 18, 2011, and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) MONDAY March 21, 2011

This weekend we will :
1) Create art: ATC’s, APC's chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rollos, Gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create.
And we'll be collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting...
2) Show what lovely creations you've made
3) Trade art - if you wish.
4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)
5) HAVE FUN!

OPTIONAL THEMES FOR THE WEEKEND:
FRIDAY: Lucky
SATURDAY: All things Spring (flowers, birds, trees budding out, nests and baby animals)
SUNDAY: Spring Equinox/Full Moon
MONDAY: Birds

OVERALL CHALLENGES for the weekend:
Use what you have on hand... and repurpose odd things to use in art.
i.e. Found art = paper and images from junk mail; doily from your tea at lunch; a rusted washer from the sidewalk; images from a catalog or old magazine...
A suggestion from paintsmanycolors: 1. use what you've got on hand or in the kitchen.(hint..damp coffee filters are really fun with markers.)

From RobbyGirl: Hand Art: Tracing your hand on chipboard or cardboard and then "arting" it up. Embellish however you want. Collage, drawing, painting... whatever type of art you want to do, only in your hand shape.

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE.
Challenges are entirely optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

Here's the "fine print" :rolleyes:

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 AM Friday March 18 (your time zone) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Monday March 21 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery: It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_ATART_King_of_Hearts.jpg[/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to size you want.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

Ready? Set? CREATE!!!

HHC
03-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Okay... who's ready for another party?

AmericanHwyFlower
03-14-2011, 12:09 AM
oh oh ***waving hand*** count me in please!! woo hoo!

HHC
03-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Yay, our first victim...er... party-er!

sniisk
03-14-2011, 02:53 AM
I can't wait!

Donnacr
03-14-2011, 06:04 AM
I have had these dates in my diary since the last ATART - it was so much fun and I have so many BEAUTIFUL cards as a result of trades!
Now I'll keep up with all the chat.

alanabannana
03-14-2011, 06:07 AM
have fun all! I will be away for the weekend, for all you quilters out there, I will be going to Lancaster to the AQS quilt show. Will not even have a computer to see all the lovely art work :( but will get to see lots of lovely quilts

miloccpep
03-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'm in. Just need to remember it!

Joss
03-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Yay Kristin, Sanna, Helen hosting... and -who/what? a duck? Who let the duck in?
Yay let the party begin!

sniisk
03-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Joss, there is no parties without the DUCK!

lafaver55
03-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah...I love a party so count me kn

ginabee
03-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Yipee, thanks for sending the reminder, Sniisk and KESagers! Love to Art Party with ya'll.

Wil Opio Oguta
03-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Great! Another party. Count me in.:D

JavaZarf
03-14-2011, 09:15 AM
watching and wishing, but mostly working on these dates
maybe i can squeek out an item or 2

jensaz
03-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Gonna try, it's a busy work week for me.

dsign49
03-14-2011, 09:51 AM
I have to work part of the week-end. I'll see what I can come up with. Really need to do some making and trading. Just love the people who are so willing to host the party. Let the party begin.

MorahLaura
03-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the invite; I will try to play!

Suze
03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Oh Boy!!!!yea, hooray! I am jumping up and down.(ok, I lied, but I am sitting here tappin my toes; )
my whole fam knows about a thons........my oldest daughter called me Friday and said they'd like to come visit or was it another "a thon week end"? haha.
I'm proud to say they all are AFA trained.

RobbyGirl
03-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Busy weekend but I hope to psrticipate some in the wee hours! ;)

smokeysmom
03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I have to work part-time on Saturday, but I'll do my best to participate:) Sounds like fun to me!

Evalila
03-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Ill try to play at least a bit. I plan to visit the "Creativa" (http://www.westfalenhallen.de/messen/creativa/en/index.php) this week (want to make you jealous, :biglaugh:). And I have to pack for our vacation starting on March 21. Will have to go to bed early on Sunday, our flight is scheduled for 6:15 am on Monday pfffft. :swoon:

HHC
03-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Sanna just pointed out that we are really going through Monday March 21... so I've corrected the verbiage and asked the mods to fix the title for us. :D

katrinabean86
03-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Yay! I didn't get to do anything for the other one! I'm so excited :) Totally working this weekend! It's my spring break, perfect timing! Classes don't start until a week or so from now so I'll definitely have time! Thanks for the invite/reminder!

CynthiaSillitoe
03-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Looking forward to it!

HHC
03-14-2011, 01:48 PM
We're looking for ideas for challenges or themes, so let us know your thoughts!

Linda4atc
03-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Thank you for the heads up. I actually don't know what my schedule will be like. My husband didn't get to come home this week, so I would not want to make him an atc widower when he gets home next weekend.

I have one theme suggestion (because of St Patrick's Day) how about "Lucky" and whatever that means to you....

katrinabean86
03-14-2011, 01:56 PM
What about flowers or plants as a theme? Or is that included in the spring equinox? Birds also always seem to be a good theme. Oh, and I second Linda's theme. That sounds awesome :)

KESagers
03-14-2011, 02:06 PM
This Irish girl votes for Linda's theme also! Looks like it's going to be a fun time. I'm hoping to work on some beeswax collage - still learning that technique - and I've never made a gothic arch so that's on my list too. :)

sniisk
03-14-2011, 02:44 PM
And I think I'll try to make some APCs.

Locke
03-14-2011, 03:32 PM
noooo...I have class/finals this weekend ;u;

and i get to see my boyfriend finally...so we'll be doing...>u> boy-friend-girl-friend things.

LIKEMAKINGARTISWEAR.

Cherie
03-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I would love to play and use my new paper!

theweavershand
03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
woohoo! cant wait!

HHC
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
So a few potential themes are:
Lucky
Spring/Spring Equinox
Flowers
Birds

CynthiaSillitoe
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
What about a texture challenge? That could apply to lots of types of art.

dmnh
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
I'll try and play with you all. I'm not sure what is going on this weekend in my world. Probably not much so I should be able to drag the muse out and see what we can come up with! Thanks for the invite!

Just Ducky
03-14-2011, 09:01 PM
wAIT... don't start yet... here come theeeee DUCK... had panic attact late last night with computer ..but things are COOL now...:swoon:

and HELEN.... you posted pictures of US ??? on the lead page ???? kinda looks like wanted poster pictures....:twitcy:

and what a super way to bring on SPRING... at least for us USA players.. it sure has been a long drawn out winter... and so let the SUn Shine through....

Sharazoid
03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
I am hoping to plug in for a bit, but the weekend may be a bit crazy for me. Still, I love a-thons. I have a lot of swap commitments. Maybe this will help me get them done... or maybe it will be a fun diversion. haha. See you all there.

ghillietoes42
03-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Oooh sounds fun fun fun! I'll have to join in!

GALZART
03-15-2011, 07:31 AM
I'll be watching and enjoying all the great art.

sniisk
03-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I have only few art supplies with me and I can't buy more here because they don't have any. But I'll survive. I bit more challenge this time :).

HHC
03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Well hey, one of our challenges could be use what you have on hand... and repurpose odd things to use in art.
Found art - paper and images from junk mail; doily from your tea at lunch; a rusted washer from the sidewalk; images from a catalog or old magazine...

Hmmmm.... I am STILL working on clearing out my office/art room and going through old boxes of papers from the closet, so who knows what treasures I can repurpose. :D

JavaZarf
03-15-2011, 11:52 AM
that's an awesome idea

RobbyGirl
03-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Well hey, one of our challenges could be use what you have on hand... and repurpose odd things to use in art.
:D

LOVE this idea Helen I have too much stuff laying around that need to be reimagined!

Speaking of "On Hand" I'd so love it if we could do a challenge day or even if just a few people would be interested in creating "Hands" like were done for AmyFaeries' Swap. Where people traced their hands on cardboard or chipboard or some other heavy material then art-ed them up! The results were fantastic! I'll find a link and pop it in here if anyone is interested?

JavaZarf
03-15-2011, 12:18 PM
that sounds fun

GoldenWolf
03-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the invite, Sanna. I may only be able to look and admire other people's work. I have a Moley layout to do and a number of swaps so not sure that I will have time to make anything to trade in the thread. We shall see.

CynthiaSillitoe
03-15-2011, 01:22 PM
I hope to get some swaps done and make a few things to trade. Maybe I'll even organize my art space, but probably not. Sanna, I wish I could just zap you some stuff by email!

calluna
03-15-2011, 04:30 PM
I haven't been able to make it to the last few thons, but I should get some time in for this one!

Suze
03-15-2011, 10:19 PM
oh, HHC and RobbyGirl, I love both those ideas alot! Their different and it helps me to get pointed in a direction I wouldn't normally take. 1. use what you've got on hand or in the kitchen.(hint..damp coffee filters are really fun with markers.) 2 . Trace your hand and embellish however you want.
would it be ok to do "chunky" atc's. I mean really chunk em' up! (would they still be a atc then?)

HHC
03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
paintsmanycolors... the only rules for an ATC is that they are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. Go for it! :)

Just Ducky
03-15-2011, 10:38 PM
great ideas.... HHC and RobbyGirl.... my whole house is found stuff.. and that's not counting the crafty area... even found a sewing machine the other day... dang, forgot I had one of them.
love the traced hand idea.... I have seen a couple swaps for them.... so yes, put me down for a hands up....

and Sanna.... you might want to think about opening a CRAFT store in Riga... go in business.

AmericanHwyFlower
03-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Oh goodie! I am getting ready for the weekend here... clearing off the table and even sorted out loose stuff to know 'what' is here to work with. I am this will be lots of fun!!

jaw
03-16-2011, 12:09 AM
I originally requested Sunday off, but now have to work all 4 days of the a-thon. Maybe I'll play some in the evenings. :(

Suze
03-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Oh Ducks, Darlin'..., I've been known to misplace a child (or two, afta all, I do have six).....but I nevah, evah, misplaced ma' sewin' machine.
Its unheard of here in the south.
I shall keep you close in thought during this upcomin' week end.

sniisk
03-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Sanna.... you might want to think about opening a CRAFT store in Riga... go in business.

That would be wonderful! But because I know why they don't have any, I won't do it.

Donnacr
03-16-2011, 08:27 AM
sniisk - now you have me intrigued, why don't they have any? no-one in Riga does craft?

sniisk
03-16-2011, 08:46 AM
OK, I will explain this but remember, how ever I say it, I really respect all the Latvian people and I love them all.

This coutry was a part of the older Soviet Union (like Lithuania and Estonia). I think you propably don't know it very well but this country were occupied almost 50 years. Now it is independent again but still suffering from some basic difficulties. People here are very nice, helpful and they want all the best for everyone. But, they are mostly quite poor. If you think about a salary of a full time job something like 800 dollars per month. How much do you get? How about after paying a rent? They really don't have an opportunity to spend money for entertainment etc. Not possible to buy art supplies and things like that.

But they are now free, the country is independent and everyone can choose how they want to live. And I really hope things will be better here some day :).

JavaZarf
03-16-2011, 09:12 AM
thank you for that explanation
most of us can't perceive of that kind of life
i feel indulged and frivilous for all the art supplies i have, which are way above my basic need for living

sniisk
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
And now you all know why I wanted to come here and teach here. I don't get a salary from the university where I'm working but I get something else: new experiences.

JavaZarf
03-16-2011, 09:26 AM
so, sanna, would you be interested in receiving some art supplies to use and share. and if the answer is yes, can you make a list of things i could send you, and maybe other people would want to send stuff too.

sniisk
03-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh no, I have a lot of everything at home but I couldn't take many supplies with me. And I'm so sad because I haven't met any local AFA members and I know that we have some.

sniisk
03-16-2011, 12:46 PM
I started the preparations today when I came from work few hours ago. I bought some envelopes and a bottle of wine :). Now I'm trying to make some backgrounds.

MorahLaura
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
I started the preparations today when I came from work few hours ago. I bought some envelopes and a bottle of wine

The most important art supply!! ;)

sniisk
03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
The most important art supply!! ;)

It cost about half of the price compared to Finnish prices. I think I need to find also another bottle...

But it still would be so nice to have another person crafting with me here :).

Phoenix
03-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I just dropped a swap to have more time...now this...LOL...you know I'm in!!

lunamoth
03-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Oh goodie...Count me in...ya'll know I love these a-thons.
All the challenge themes suggested sound good. I have been waiting on Spring so it will be nice to draw colorful cheerful birds or flowers or lucky things or use stuff that has been around or...

sanna, Thanks for your comments on Latvia

and I think I'll buy a bottle of wine too...it is a party...right?

Just Ducky
03-16-2011, 05:04 PM
SANNA

OK... that's it... think we can pool our money together ... charter a plane and go spend a week or two over with Sanna... don't worry gal, we will bring lots of crafty stuff and even our
own sleeping bag... you furnish the bottles and snacks and we got a real PARTY....

Just Ducky
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
oh and HHC... do you have the rest of our challange list ???
I finally have an empty table... but now I staring at an empty table, don't know which way I need to start... don't have any prep done yet... I empty... really think I should crash with you and JaW ....

Janjo33
03-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Maybe I can make play. I have a b/f to work my schedule around and I don't know yet if he's working OT this weekend.

beeps
03-16-2011, 09:05 PM
i am gonna try to play in this one! got a lot of boring stuff for work to do.

ginabee
03-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Sanna what a beautiful thing you're doing in Latvia. I learned from your story about them, too.

MODS I would love to do rubber stamping for a THEME*

kentuckydakota
03-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Please let me play!

Theresagram
03-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Woohoo! I'm off Saturday!

HHC
03-16-2011, 11:44 PM
I started the preparations today when I came from work few hours ago. I bought some envelopes and a bottle of wine :). Now I'm trying to make some backgrounds.

Ah, the most important ingredient... the bottle of wine. ;)

oh and HHC... do you have the rest of our challange list ???
I finally have an empty table... but now I staring at an empty table, don't know which way I need to start... don't have any prep done yet... I empty... really think I should crash with you and JaW ....

Working on it Ducky! Really, I am! :)

HHC
03-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Okay... this is based on what folks have suggested.

Daily "themes":
Friday: Lucky (think how many blessings you have in your life)
Saturday: All things Spring (flowers, birds, trees budding out, nests and baby animals)
Sunday: Spring Equinox/Full Moon
Monday: Birds

Overall challenges for the entire weekend:
i.e. Found art = paper and images from junk mail; doily from your tea at lunch; a rusted washer from the sidewalk; images from a catalog or old magazine...
A suggestion from paintsmanycolors: 1. use what you've got on hand or in the kitchen.(hint..damp coffee filters are really fun with markers.)

From RobbyGirl: Tracing your hand on chipboard or cardboard and then "arting" it up. Embellish however you want. Collage, drawing, painting... whatever type of art you want to do, only in your hand shape.

Does this sound okay to folks?

Theresagram
03-17-2011, 12:00 AM
From RobbyGirl: Tracing your hand on chipboard or cardboard and then "arting" it up. Embellish however you want. Collage, drawing, painting... whatever type of art you want to do, only in your hand shape.

My oldest grandson just did this in school! His was awesome!! I need to ask him to do one for me to hang in my craft room!

beeps
03-17-2011, 08:08 AM
sounds good to me! i've been doing oil pastels at home, just learning them. bought a set for joss' swap but i love how forgiving they are to work with. not sure how to mail them though. HUM. they don't dry and i guess you can't spray fix them? i might have to experiment

Evalila
03-17-2011, 08:15 AM
sounds good to me! i've been doing oil pastels at home, just learning them. bought a set for joss' swap but i love how forgiving they are to work with. not sure how to mail them though. HUM. they don't dry and i guess you can't spray fix them? i might have to experiment

beeps, you can spray fix them. Use a universal fixative or a fixative especially for oilpastels.

miloccpep
03-17-2011, 01:21 PM
These are for Japan's recovery.
White Crane for luck on green background w shamrocks and 4 leaf-clover. Crane is synonymous with Japan.traded
Red obi, Kimono-clad girl on Green background with shamrock and holding a large 4-leaf-clover. traded
Green obi, Kimono-clad girl on green background with shamrock on the ground.

My first time creating the kimono girl.

RobbyGirl
03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Those are beautiful Rita!

KESagers
03-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Yipee! Great cards to get us started!

Happy St Pat's day everyone!

sniisk
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh dear, yes, it is already Friday there! I have four hours and then it's Friday also here. Let's see if I will work tomorrow or only make cards :).

miloccpep
03-17-2011, 02:21 PM
A Black cat named Lucky. Actually, Lucky lost his way... he is a halloween cat!
Schnider Spider in the garden, is another left over from halloween.

Credit: Ed Emberley - learn to draw the Ed Emberley way.
Right O, going to bed now. It's 2.21am.

GoldenWolf
03-17-2011, 02:45 PM
The first post says we start Thursday, March 18 at 12:01 AM. It's already Thursday here and past 12:01 AM (2:27 PMish here), but it's the 17th. So are we supposed to start today or on Friday in our respective time zones? I'm confused, but it doesn't take much these days!

sniisk
03-17-2011, 02:47 PM
It should say that you can start on Friday, when ever it is Friday in your place. There is a mistake :).

HHC
03-17-2011, 05:00 PM
The first post says we start Thursday, March 18 at 12:01 AM. It's already Thursday here and past 12:01 AM (2:27 PMish here), but it's the 17th. So are we supposed to start today or on Friday in our respective time zones? I'm confused, but it doesn't take much these days!

Sorry! It's 12:01 Friday morning (just past midnight). I may get it all correct yet! :twitcy:

katrinabean86
03-17-2011, 05:17 PM
less than 12 hours. Got super nausea yesterday and it's lingering today but I'm not missing card time! lol.

Theresagram
03-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Katrina, hope you're not getting a flu bug. If it's not a flu thing, you can sometimes get nausea to go away by using a pressure point on the inside of your wrist. About an inch down from your hand...press there...I usually dig in with my fingernail. It always helps my nausea, at least for awhile. :)

beeps
03-17-2011, 08:37 PM
okay i'll give it a try. thanks!

Linda4atc
03-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Well I got really sick a couple days ago but felt almost better today. Still sleeping alot, and picky about what I eat, but I am eating now. That combined with my husband comming home from 11 days aways ,,,,

I will see what I can do. I love those Kimono Girls!

RobbyGirl
03-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Tick Tock, Tick Tock counting the hours!

Katrina and Linda sure hope you're feeling better soon!

Theresagram
03-17-2011, 10:03 PM
5 hours left for me. Don't think I'm gonna stay up that late....

Suze
03-17-2011, 10:20 PM
One hour and 44 minutes left til I can start.! I cleared off art space, watched 2 movies on netflix, took a nap....made coffee a little while ago....am rested and ready.
one hour and 41 minutes left. ; )

RobbyGirl
03-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Oh a nap was smart, I'm never going to make it to midnight and I can't nap now cause it's almost time for American Idol...LOL!

CynthiaSillitoe
03-17-2011, 11:12 PM
I have to get some sleep, but will be at it Friday morning. I should have lots of time then!

miloccpep
03-17-2011, 11:16 PM
atart 6: Portrait of a Handsome Fox.
atart 7: Fox on the run

Credit: Ed Emberley

I guess you guys have to put up with me. I am learning to draw from the Ed Emberley books. You might want to try it. Very interesting. For me anyway.

I've given the Foxes a make-over with poster color paint. The colors are more vibrant and it helped cover up the 'learning lines' and the text.

katrinabean86
03-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Feeling much better :) I think I'm allergic to shrimp and that's where the nausea came from. Had about two off my boyfriend's plate last night and felt sick all night O.o but I'm all fixed up now. Ready to make cards in...oh...3 1/2 hours. Eh, I'll find a way to stay awake!

theweavershand
03-17-2011, 11:38 PM
ooo...thats right...i can start in less than an hour and a half...and i havent prepared anything...yikes! better get my big behind in gear!

KESagers
03-17-2011, 11:47 PM
atart 6: Portrait of a Handsome Fox.
atart 7: Fox on the run

Credit: Ed Emberley

I guess you guys have to put up with me. I am learning to draw from the Ed Emberley books. You might want to try it. Very interesting. For me anyway.

Those are great! I'll have to look up Ed Emberley - thanks for the tip.

HHC
03-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Well... I won't make it until midnight, and am leaving about 9:30ish to drive 90 miles south to Seattle...I'm meeting lkastello for lunch! :jiggy: She's in town at a conference this weekend.

I'll be home later and have some stuff prepped, so will join in the fray then. Hopefully I can post pictures of our meeting too. Note to self... put camera in bag! :)

Just Ducky
03-18-2011, 12:14 AM
oh dear... now my duck is so confussed... what day is it ??? am I already a day behind ???
guess I should read the first page better... thought we started on Friday noon ???
and right now I got just a bit after midnight Friday, but hay, things great.. no problem
as I didn't have time today anways... did the dreaded GROCery shopping and that just whips my butts... but I sure will show and tell something later today...

Miloccpep... RITA... I super love how much fun you having with your new found inner you
your drawings are darlings.... love them....

and HI... KESagers... sure haven't meant to lose contact these last couple weeks... but life is slowing down... finally...

HELEN... don't forget the camera... we WANT show and tell .. have a great lunch and gab feast...

HHC
03-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Ducky! You are NOT a day behind! We start at 12:01 Friday morning, just after midnight. I had things SO messed up in the first post! You all are supposed to keep me on the straight and narrow! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL! Luckily Sanna kept me sorta straight... but there were so many goofs it's amazing anyone started on time at all. :laugh:

jaw
03-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Was planning to prep some today ... cooked a fine Irish meal instead ... and did a bit o' shoppin'. time for a walk ... ate too many carbs with my meal!

Just Ducky
03-18-2011, 01:05 AM
oh no Helen your first page post is perfect... just look at them Avatar pictures... what a line up.....:unsure: :rolleyes: don't think anyone paid much attention to start time... we all spread around this world who knows what time it is.... where ????

and JAW... too many carbs ???? are you sure it's just carbs ????? later gals.. bed time...

sniisk
03-18-2011, 02:31 AM
It's already Friday morning here. I'm creating and working this day. I hope I have more creating part than working :).

AmericanHwyFlower
03-18-2011, 03:16 AM
love those foxes miloccpep!
And your geisha girls ROCK!!

AmericanHwyFlower
03-18-2011, 03:18 AM
I am up after midnite..lol.. just finishing some backgrounds for this weekends artwork... and putting gesso on a few journal pages i hope to work with. Also gesso'd a few odd items to try and create something out of from stuff around the house here..tee hee, this will be a fun weekend! I gotta get some shut eye... tomorrow is still a school day around here..lol.

Evalila
03-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Woke up very early today and already finished two cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1077_1_.jpg # 001

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG025.jpg # 002 TRADED

sniisk
03-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Beautiful cards Evelyn!

sniisk
03-18-2011, 04:09 AM
Just to let everyone know that I don't have any of my older cards here with me. I have only those cards I've made during this ATART. All my older cards are "on hold" in my gallery.

sniisk
03-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Here are my first three cards. "People are lucky if they can travel and see"

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_R28.jpg ATART #3 TRADED

Tinka
03-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Hi Everyone, I just made my first card for the ATART, it's an APC on hold for SpiritSoul. Here is the link:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=214657

sniisk
03-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Hi Tinka! You make always so lovely APCs.

Tinka
03-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Thank you Sanna, that's so kind of you to say. I have been out of ATC making for a while and this ATART just gives me the right push to start again!

sniisk
03-18-2011, 04:45 AM
I haven't made any ATCs during the last 6 weeks, I think. I made one rolo but that's everything. Now I'm enjoying the time when I have the whole weekend free time to use my papers.

sniisk
03-18-2011, 04:47 AM
I try to visit Pēterbaznīca (one of the Rigas oldest churches) today and see if I can go to the tower and take some pictures. A bit different kind of show and tell this time :).

katrinabean86
03-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Finished a few cards but I'm too tired to post them atm. I'll see you all in the morning :)

sniisk
03-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Good night Katrina!

Phoenix
03-18-2011, 05:48 AM
I have two "lucky" cards completed for today's (yesterday's?) challenge, but one of them didn't dry in time. So here is one, and I'll post the other tomorrow. 'night all!

ATART 1:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6688/small/1_Lucky_Clover.jpg

miloccpep
03-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Pirate Parrot complete with polka-dot scarf and stripe T on the perch.

Joss
03-18-2011, 06:56 AM
Still struggling to sit for long periods of time - messed up knee and inflamed back, but that won't stop me from arting...a little at a time.
So here are my first few, starting with collage:

66982 SAT #1 (lucky when you feel well!)

66983 SAT #2 (lucky to be a women????)

66984 SAT #3 ( lucky to have women thinking about you)

bluelotusflower
03-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Looks like fun!

TimeInMyHands
03-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Sorry ladies but I just have too much going on right now with swap commits, getting ready for a craft fair and (ugg.) Spring cleaning!

Maybe next time!! Have FUN everyone!!! :jiggy:

HHC
03-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Great start everyone!

No time for me to play this morning, but I'll be back later! I have some fun ideas I hope I can make happen... :D

sniisk
03-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I hope I can finish some more cards today :)

Here are some pictures I took in the tower today:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=946239&postcount=52

Evalila
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Wonderful pics, Sanna! Riga seems to be worth a trip.

sniisk
03-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Specially this old town is something I can't find from Finland.

jaw
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Have fun today HHC!!! Don't forget the camera!! :O) (you can always use your phone!)

RobbyGirl
03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Yawn! I had a fitful night with the Little Dude hacking most of the night, didn't sleep but stayed in that semi-somnambulistic state that wouldn't allow me to do art. I'm off to play tennis through the slits in my eyes and hopefully back to spend a little time with you all!

blueanchors3
03-18-2011, 12:03 PM
My roommates and I do this every day so y not participate. I'm in.. As soon as I get home from school xD

sniisk
03-18-2011, 12:36 PM
I can't remember when I have felt myself as lonely as I do today. Oh well, maybe a bit more crafting could help.

KESagers
03-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Sniisk - if we could teleport I think we would all join you in Latvia and squeeze into your apartment there for crafting and do some sight seeing with you also. Your pictures are fabulous!

Morning everyone - or I should say afternoon! Needed to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night but now I'm ready to go. Think I'll start on some arches. ;)

Just Ducky
03-18-2011, 01:21 PM
hello Sanna... and hi Kristen... oh and hi Evelyn almost missed seeing you, I trying to do catch up....

Inspire......my dictionary says....breathe in; infuse thought or feeling into; arouse, to create
and dang-it I just can't find my inspire today... sat the last 2 hours staring .... no create...

I know it's abit early in the day for me, but going to knock on JAW or HHC door for some of that gooooood stuff they keep on the bottom shelf... or chocolate... yea, chocolate would work...
where's JOSS, I heard she is laying around and being creative....

sniisk
03-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi Nancy, I already was waiting for you here!

KESagers
03-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey - the Duck is in da house!

Just Ducky
03-18-2011, 01:29 PM
so great to see you Sanna... it has been to long.. and I heard you now have your washer so that is good...
oh and I found JOSS... I scrolled right past her .... sorry gal... but I like your lucky gals..
think I am gonna step over the lucky challange for today and just go with some signs of spring... it is so pretty today (finally) snow is almost gone and nice warm kinda day, I almost have a few spring flowers ... almost...

sniisk
03-18-2011, 01:32 PM
I found a huge amount of heart shaped stickers last week and I think I'll make many heart themed cards :).

katrinabean86
03-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Finished my first two cards

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Owl_Love_You_Always.jpg Owl Love You Always--puffy owl sticker on it makes it shiny like that at the bottom of the scan.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Spring_Love.jpg Spring Love

Hope to make more tonight :)

Evalila
03-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Hello everyone :) Great to see you all.

Ill try to do a little more this evening. Have been working on hands to send to Robby to help the people in Japan.

I have a bottle of cherry wine and some chocolate - and lots of new papers and other stuff from my visit at the "Creativa" on Wednesday :D

Wil Opio Oguta
03-18-2011, 02:01 PM
When I made my atc's for Ducky's swap I had some material left over which I used for the cards I finished today. Here are the pictures:

(both are traded)

Suze
03-18-2011, 02:15 PM
FELL Asleep on couch, just as I was doing countdown. lol.
and then I thought my adult kids were "AFA Trained"(as in don't call Mom when she's trying to do an "a thon")
But, sigh, Life goes on and with six adult kids .......always a crisis somewhere...and they still wanna talk to Mama...with one of my daughters 2 hours on phone this morning!!!!!!!!!
Then the another daughter calls................................well, I guess we are Mama's FOREVER.
I love em', so I listen.
Heres two I've gotten done so far...................lots of fun art alreadY!!!**waving to everyone

Just Ducky
03-18-2011, 02:22 PM
lookie at all the lovelys... from Califronia USA.... Germany... The Netherlands and Georgia USA... and that's just this page and it's only half full... great work gals...

oh and Paint Colors... I remember seeing this many years ago...
A son is a son till he takes a wife...
A daughter is a daughter all of your life....

sniisk
03-18-2011, 02:24 PM
It's only Friday and we are on the page 8 :laugh:.

sniisk
03-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Aaaargh, I just realized that my narrow double side tape will be running out soon. How I took so little it with me... I thought I had it so much. Oh well, then I really need use my imagination. At least I can find normal paper glue here easily. The nearest book store is about 5 min walk away from my apartment :). And the nearest chocolate store is even closer!

Just Ducky
03-18-2011, 02:59 PM
oh Sanna, that is not good news... sure hope you can get the glue... but if all else doesn't work, you can have Chocolate... and that is a good thing...
well, I have got to close this computer and get back to my crafty table and make SOMEthing... I think I can... I think I can....
later gals.... show and tell is coming...just slow...

Joss
03-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Allllooo from London. I have made some more and one is for the duck if she wants it! (guess which one LOL)

66999 SAT #4

67000 SAT #5

67001 SAT #6

67002 SAT #7

KESagers
03-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Chocolate! Did I hear something about a Chocolate run? Count me in!

My first arches. Recycled calendar images. Collaged 4x6 arch.

Will trade for other types of art (chunkies, atc's etc.) PM me and we'll work out a trade.

The quote reads: A best friend is like a four leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_ATART-arch-1.jpg
Arch #1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_ATART-arch-2.jpg
Arch #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_ATART-arch-3.jpg
Arch #3

sniisk
03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Kristin, haven't I told you that Latvian chocolate is maybe the best chocolate in the world. And I can have it every day now :).

Evalila
03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
The best chocolate in the world??? I think I gotta come over :jiggy:

sniisk
03-18-2011, 03:11 PM
It's only my opinion :). People say that Belgian chocolate is good but I think Latvian chocolate (Laima) is much better.

Joss
03-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Oooh sniisk, latvian chocolate- sounds so yummy- and don't feel too lonely- we are all here with you right now.
Gotta go lie down my back is killing me- worst is sitting (still), lying and walking not too bad. byyeeeeee till later.
#8 and #9
(pm me for trades)

67003 SAT #8

67004 SAT #9

sniisk
03-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Email conversation:
Husband: Hi honey, what are you doing?
Sniisk: Quess?
Husband: You have a glass of wine, you are makeing ATCs and are talking in AFA?
Sniisk: Why did you ask if you already knew it?

sniisk
03-18-2011, 03:22 PM
"People are lucky if they have someone who loves them"

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_R7.jpg ATART #6 TRADED

Evalila
03-18-2011, 03:24 PM
.... Husbands ..... LOL
Mine asked me to pack for our vacation - he said I should do it today!!! :laugh:

sniisk
03-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Evelyn, you need to pack your stuff and then you can tell that you are ready and ask if he has packed his stuff too.

KESagers
03-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh yum! I love good dark chocolate!

CynthiaSillitoe
03-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Hmm. I've never had Latvian chocolate. (I've had Swiss.)

Ok, a few from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_afterstorm.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_thequeen.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_radiance.jpg

CynthiaSillitoe
03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
And these:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_theswan.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_underroses.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_moonandstars.jpg

Now I need to take a break and let the cat have the computer chair. (One of her favorite napping spots.)

theweavershand
03-18-2011, 03:47 PM
so many beautiful things already! gonna try to get some things done. no respect at all for the ATART here as people keep adding things to my weekend!! oh well...i guess i have to get out of the house sometime. keep up the good work! hopefully ill have something to trade before too long.

Evalila
03-18-2011, 04:21 PM
My next two cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1078_1_.jpg # 003

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1080_1_.jpg # 004

sniisk
03-18-2011, 04:36 PM
I have to say good night now. Too busy and interesting day full of new things :). As always here.

Evalila
03-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Good night, Sanna!

Theresagram
03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Lots of great stuff everyone!!!

I've got my grandchildren for a few more hours then I will start creating!

Linda4atc
03-18-2011, 04:56 PM
When I made my atc's for Ducky's swap I had some material left over which I used for the cards I finished today. Here are the pictures:

(the one at the right is traded to Sharazoid) Those are beautiful, Ducky I imaging your swap is full already?

Kristin, haven't I told you that Latvian chocolate is maybe the best chocolate in the world. And I can have it every day now :). Is it dark chocolate?

Oh yum! I love good dark chocolate! Me tooo!!!

Well my day is half over and I haven't made a thing. It doesn't feel like spring here it was hailing a minute ago. But I am doing some spring cleaning. I noticed it is starting to mold in the corner where my litter boxes are. I tried cleaning it. This trailer just gets too damp. I have a steam machine with antibacterial stuff, and when we get past all this wet weather I plan to use it on most of the wall and in the cupbords it kills mold stuff. I am also defrosting and cleaning the fridge.

And my husband informed me his schedule changed again and he won't be here monday so we need to do the errands over the weekend. He wants to make a day of it and take me out to eat as well. All this is cutting into art time. But I already have one trade lined up so I need to make something... LOL

Linda4atc
03-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Ohh ya thanks for the wishies to get better. I slept most of the last two or three days and I feel almost normal noww. My sweet husband should be home in a few hours and is feeling pretty rundown and beatup himself. So I'm trying to make it nice here for him to come home too.

KESagers
03-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Dinner out is always a nice treat when running errands. Enjoy time with your hubby Linda!

Here are 2 lucky wishes:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Irish-Fox.jpg
Irish Fox - traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Shamrock-Wish.jpg
Shamrock Wish

calluna
03-18-2011, 05:25 PM
"Art! Art! Art!"
I had to say that aloud a few minutes ago to keep myself from falling into a pit of emotion...This week involved some wonderful time spent and friendship renewed with "the one who got away", and that's a very new and bittersweet experience for me. (There's no appropriate smiley for it, that's for sure). So, as all of that wells up inside, I'm so glad there's an art-a-thon going on and I can channel the energy into something creative: art! Art! Art! Art! :idea:

Helene
03-18-2011, 05:30 PM
I was reading the instructions and my eyes just oogled this bit:

"OVERALL CHALLENGES for the weekend:
i.e. Found art = paper and images from junk mail; doily from your tea at lunch; a rusted washer from the sidewalk;..."

Well....I just found this fabulous metal 'thingie' all rusted and scrunched up on the dirt trail last week-end!...So scrunched up as a matter of fact, that I have no idea what it was!...I will definitely have to use it tomorrow!...let's go imagination...start working now...maybe it will come to me in a dream...what to do with it! :idea:
Love found objects!

Theresagram
03-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Get better Linda! Hope you feel better fast.

Great cards KE.

Calluna Art! Art! Art! :D

Suze
03-18-2011, 05:36 PM
actually got two more collages done before knee starting talking to me. ; )
I usually draw , so doing these collages has been theraputic.....Joss, I'm with you on the "can't sit too long thingy".

jo.on.the.go
03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm in!
Memories of Ireland
Dingle Peninsula, Kerry
Mannin Bay, Galway (water scene with beach)
Irish post box

ginabee
03-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Wow the awesome cards@! Sorry but family duty has called me away for the weekend but I'll check in later to drool over what I've missed. :swoon:

lunamoth
03-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Here is my first card for the a-thon. Spring has finally sprung in Michigan (at least for a few days and longer I hope).
#458S pring Has Sprung

theweavershand
03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
heading out to see Cirque de Soleil tonight. never been. should be exciting. got some backgrounds done but probably wont have anything done til tomorrow at least. lots of awesome eye candy being posted!!

Pochadiva
03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Count me in for the weekend. I have lots of free time tomorrow and I'll post a handful tonight. Here is my first offering called Fraternal Twins.

Pochadiva
03-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I was reading the instructions and my eyes just oogled this bit:

"OVERALL CHALLENGES for the weekend:
i.e. Found art = paper and images from junk mail; doily from your tea at lunch; a rusted washer from the sidewalk;..."

Well....I just found this fabulous metal 'thingie' all rusted and scrunched up on the dirt trail last week-end!...So scrunched up as a matter of fact, that I have no idea what it was!...I will definitely have to use it tomorrow!...let's go imagination...start working now...maybe it will come to me in a dream...what to do with it! :idea:
Love found objects!

Helene: I want to see your metal thingie LOL.....love those found metal thingies!

lunamoth
03-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I am curious about the metal thingie too

Trinasatc's
03-18-2011, 08:17 PM
I have to go to flea Market with hubby But I have got to join this party!

RobbyGirl
03-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Well I haven't made anything to trade today but here is my WIP for my Helping Hands for Japan Aid project. It's still early but I like how it's shaping up. The quote is a Japanese Proverb "Fall Down Seven Times, Stand Up Eight."

Nancy
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
I have been making art. Just posted two Egypt cards with a banana leaf background in my gallery if anyone is interested.

lunamoth
03-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I got a few stamps today. I'm trying them out.

#459 Spring Bird Traded

Pochadiva
03-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Here is a card with some found metal thingies called Iron Butterfly(21) (traded).

HHC
03-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi all! This is what I've done today so far: driven to Seattle, had lunch with lkastello, drove home...(along with a few side stops with hubby)
Evidence:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Lisa___Helen_for_AFA_post.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=214859)

lunamoth
03-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Lots of nice cards showing up. Robbie, your helping hand for Japan is wonderful and Pochadiva... I like the Iron Butterfly made out of metal thingies. The middle looks like one of my hair clips deconstructed. The Cherry Blossoms are so Spring-y.

HHC
03-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Beautiful art, everyone! I hope to get a surge of creativity so I can get something made to share too. :)

mara
03-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks for inviting me to play. Here are a few things I've done so far.

Helene
03-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Helene: I want to see your metal thingie LOL.....love those found metal thingies!

Ha ha...I knew that would peak your interest Bonnie! Maybe you (the queen of rusty/metal/recycling) can figure out what the heck it had been in a previous life!
H.

jaw
03-18-2011, 10:26 PM
HHC!!!! How awesome!!!! So glad you had a great day!!!

miloccpep
03-18-2011, 10:30 PM
atart 9: collage waterlily with 2 hand-drawn frogs, poster color paint. on security envie background.
atart 10: collage waterlily with single dozing frog, poster color paint, on security envie background. traded

Just Ducky
03-18-2011, 10:38 PM
HI ya all... dang good job gals... love it all... and here I sit... nuttin' zip/zap zero...
what a crushing day... guess I just tried too hard and went 3 steps back...

but you guys.... wonderful... and I see our HHC had her lunch date and has show and tell for us...

I can say, I do have some available cards in my gallery... not from this weekend (not yet)
but I sure am hoping to connect with some of you guys this weekend and with NEW stuff...

"the sun will come out to-morrow".... tomorrow...

Pochadiva
03-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Ha ha...I knew that would peak your interest Bonnie! Maybe you (the queen of rusty/metal/recycling) can figure out what the heck it had been in a previous life!
H.

I think the wings are lug nut covers for the car wheels and the body is from a metal hair clip. The antennae are from a safety pin.

I'm going to use the metal thingie earring you gave me awhile ago on my next card so look for it!

KESagers
03-18-2011, 10:48 PM
More great art while I was away! Out for dinner and then we had to do the dreaded food shopping but it was late so the store was empty and is always a good thing. Gotta call it a day. I have a few things started - have to finish them tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!

bluesybreeze
03-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow! what awesomely amazing stuff you'uns have made. I have finally managed to make 2 cards for the "lucky" challenge. May be lucky to make any more cards, have a very busy tomorrow.....but....MONDAY is spring break and I most definitely plan on athoning then.

lucky penny 1 - traded
lucky penny 2

Linda4atc
03-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Lots of pretty and unique art showing up here! Nothing for me so far. But having a nice evening with my sweetie. I am even thinking about maybe getting out my bead box, cause I can sit next to my husband and work on that. It doesn't take the same kind of space.

See ya all in the morning.

dsign49
03-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh the art is just teriffic. I have to wait until tomorrow night to to some trading. I did make some but they are drying and I wont get time to post them until tomorrow night. Keep up the great ART.

Just Ducky
03-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Linda, so glad to know hubby is home with you... have a great warm weekend together...

and nite nite KESagers... yep that grocery shopping has got to be the worst .... it just puts me down for the rest of the day.... catch ya in the morning...

Linda4atc
03-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Well I did get three ATC's made they are drying. I'll post em tomorrow. Once again good night all.

Just Ducky
03-19-2011, 01:05 AM
ok... it's 1 am Saturday for this lil' duck... going to bed and turning this fun over to the westies and them other side of the world gals... catch ya all later in the day/night...
nite nite...

jaw
03-19-2011, 01:12 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/1_mar_atart_001.jpgATART 1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/1_mar_atart_002.jpgATART 2 (on hold)

Pochadiva
03-19-2011, 01:30 AM
My last 2 cards for the night. Collages with found metal objects called Iron Insects (traded) and Iron Flower (traded). I did some zentangle on the hearts in the background of the flower. The scan is blurry because it is not entirely flat. One of the found earrings I used for the leaf on the flower is a little thick.

HHC
03-19-2011, 01:47 AM
"the sun will come out to-morrow".... tomorrow...

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow... there'll be sun. Hope the clouds clear tomorrow so I can actually see it. LOL!

I have not completed anything to post tonight, and probably won't last much longer before having to head to bed. But I will have things in the morning.

I did comb the scruffy old cat, and clip his front toenails, and am now COVERED in cat hair! Which required a bit of patience and a certain amount of creative skill, I think. sneeze! :laugh:

Helene
03-19-2011, 02:48 AM
My last 2 cards for the night. Collages with found metal objects called Iron Insects and Iron Flower. I did some zentangle on the hearts in the background of the flower. The scan is blurry because it is not entirely flat. One of the found earrings I used for the leaf on the flower is a little thick.
Love the insects!! You are so creative with those!

sniisk
03-19-2011, 02:48 AM
Yay, so many new players and cards when I was sleeping.

Wil Opio Oguta
03-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Good morning to you all. Here are pictures of my first 2 cards for today. Okay I admit I started working on them yesterday:rolleyes:

miloccpep
03-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Ginger has his paws on the table... reaching for the fish.
Calico finished her fish and the ant is eyeing it. And the spider is eyeing the ant!traded

sniisk
03-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Here comes some spring themed and not so spring themed ATCs.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_R11.jpg ATART #8 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_R21.jpg ATART #9 TRADED

Evalila
03-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Good morning!

Fabulous art, everyone!!

sniisk
03-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Hi Evelyn!

Wil Opio Oguta
03-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Here are some spring themed apc's:
(8 of diamonds traded to Sanna, 3 of spades traded to Trina')

Evalila
03-19-2011, 06:23 AM
My first cards for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1083_1_.jpg # 005 parakeet TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1085_1_.jpg # 006 mallard for Ducky, if she wants it :) TRADED

Joss
03-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Morning everyone (probably only Evelyn, Will, Sanna and Rita who are awake now!).
Fabulous arting going on this weekend.
Here are my three I have just finished this morning- pastel/ink technique.

67096 SAT #10 (traded)

67097 SAT #11

67098 SAT #12

Evalila
03-19-2011, 06:51 AM
Hi Joss! :)

Wil Opio Oguta
03-19-2011, 07:30 AM
And 2 more. I used encaustic wax as background, skeleton leaves and some stickers and ribbons. Not material I use every day:jiggy: Here are the pictures:

MACE
03-19-2011, 07:40 AM
I will join

Trinasatc's
03-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Available, will have more to trade tonight.

Evalila
03-19-2011, 08:33 AM
more birdies:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1086_1_.jpg # 007 flamingo

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1087_1_.jpg # 008 penguins

Wil Opio Oguta
03-19-2011, 09:13 AM
And some more cards. I will be back after lunch time:jiggy:

Evalila
03-19-2011, 09:21 AM
more handdrawn cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1092_1_.jpg # 009

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1093_1_.jpg # 010 TRADED

lunamoth
03-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Some nice stuff showed up here while I was sleeping...here is my first for today

#460 Bo with Flowers TRADED

I will make another Bo or Bobette because several folks liked him

HHC
03-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Hello all you artists! I love coming to see all the wonderful art you are creating!

I'm working on a few things, and may get something posted yet! :)

addicted2shoppn
03-19-2011, 11:27 AM
loving all the eye candy! hoping i have so time to do some cards between house work!

CherylS
03-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I thought I'd join in the fun.
I was in a mood to sew. SO I did some handpainted fabric cards. I used lumiere fabric paints. They did not scan well. The leaves have gold paint on them, The seascape dune fabric doesn't have diagonal lines. Oh well

sniisk
03-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Some APCs.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_R32.jpg ATART #12 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_R30.jpg ATART #13 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_R31.jpg ATART #14 TRADED

KESagers
03-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Wow! So great to see what everyone has been working on while I slept (and slept - I love weekends!) Now I need to work on some cards so I can trade. :)

sniisk
03-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Kristin, diid you really sleep till now? It has to be at least 10.30 there and you are usually so early here.

Just Ducky
03-19-2011, 12:56 PM
big hello to all the gals across the BIG POND... just did a quick catch up look and have to go back and really catch up... Evelyn, you know I want your Malard Duck...
and Sanna you really doing great show and tell... and for all you other gals that I have already forgot you name... (need more coffee) yes, Sanna I have been up awhile but I was busy... I finally have a few cards for show and tell

This morning I did some Japanese famous Artist ATCs... small images, but they are good quality art stickers.... hope you like....

Suze
03-19-2011, 12:56 PM
a new technique I found, first time I tried it.
stamp, acrylic, pearl acrylic, glitter (three kinds)
such fun!!!!!!!!!!

Suze
03-19-2011, 12:57 PM
oh dear, try again to post image.

Just Ducky
03-19-2011, 01:08 PM
these 4 cards feature Japanese Artist images taken from a Art Sticker book

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Eisui.jpg # 1 image by.....EISUI....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Eizan.jpg # 2 image by.....EIZAN...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Hiroshige.jpg # 3 image by....HIROSHIGE...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Hokusai.jpg # 4 image by....HOKUASI...

KESagers
03-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Kristin, diid you really sleep till now? It has to be at least 10.30 there and you are usually so early here.

LOL - I am up pretty early during the week to get breakfast for everyone and send my hubby off to work but then I usually need a nap. On the weekends we sleep until 10 or 11. We are both night owls - naturally stay awake late but during a regular work week Judd still has to get up early for work so by the end of the week we usually have a sleep debt. Of course there are those weekends where the cats decide that I'm up early not matter what and then I hustle them out of the room before they wake Judd up and I have a early day. Today the decided to let us sleep in - it was a miracle!:sleep:

KESagers
03-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Manycolors - that new technique rocks!

Ducky - those asian images are beautiful! I might have to switch over and do some Asian cards.

Here are 2 chunkies:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Lucky-Irish-chunky.jpg
Lucky Irish

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Baby-Eyes-chunky.jpg
Baby Eyes

Will trade chunky for chunky or arch

Wil Opio Oguta
03-19-2011, 01:22 PM
A couple of more cards. No specific theme, but in general related to spring.

Pochadiva
03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
oh dear, try again to post image.

Gorgeous card!

KESagers
03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Still going green here:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Smiling-Eyes.jpg
Smiling Eyes

Helene
03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Slept in...then got sucked into the big yard-clean-up-vortex for an hour...then had to do some cat-traffic-conducting! I'm trying to adopt/tame this kitty for the last 5 months and my 2 cats are not pleased with that plan and there was some discussion between my girl and the new girl this morning about the micro-territories in the yard! ouff!
Now I will post a couple cards...where the heck did I put them down at????

Helene
03-19-2011, 01:50 PM
oh here they are!!
the metal 'thingie' whatever the heck it was (maybe Pochadiva can identify since she is well-versed in found metal objects!), was too big for one card, so I spent a half-hour struggling with a 'blade' (of all the different tools I have...yes...I chose the most dangerous one...late at night...alone in the craft room...paying attention to the direction of my efforts...away from the hands, I kept repeating to myself like a mantra...away from the hands!!!)...
Well anyways, once the siamese parts were de-conjoined, that is what I came up with:

67134 Rusty pot in the desert (Traded)

67135 Oh no! What happened to my hat? (traded)

jo.on.the.go
03-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Irises
Blue - Az Ap This one got scanned in upside down, but you get the idea!
Yellow - Chickee
Yellow and Purple - Child Star
(I've been looking at flower catalogues!)

Pochadiva
03-19-2011, 01:58 PM
oh here they are!!
the metal 'thingie' whatever the heck it was (maybe Pochadiva can identify since she is well-versed in found metal objects!), was too big for one card, so I spent a half-hour struggling with a 'blade' (of all the different tools I have...yes...I chose the most dangerous one...late at night...alone in the craft room...paying attention to the direction of my efforts...away from the hands, I kept repeating to myself like a mantra...away from the hands!!!)...
Well anyways, once the siamese parts were de-conjoined, that is what I came up with:

67134 Rusty pot in the desert

67135 Oh no! What happened to my hat?

Helene: You outdid yourself on these...so great! I think the metal was a beat up metal bottle top that was painted black...flattened by a car.

Pochadiva
03-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Irises
Blue - Az Ap
Yellow - Chickee
Yellow and Purple - Child Star
(I've been looking at flower catalogues!)

Jo: Your irises are gorgeous as usual!

Evalila
03-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Here are my next:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Kitty026.jpg # 011 - kitty TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Madonna027.jpg # 012 - madonna TRADED

Helene
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=Evalila;947103]Here are my next:Oh...what a sweet kitty, Evalila...!!!

KESagers
03-19-2011, 02:17 PM
I have to say Helene - COOL METAL THINGIE! Love what you did with it!

Jo - your Iris cards are just beautiful! I am so ready for Spring!

Evalila - Such a great kitty card! Calvin curls his tail just like that. :)

sniisk
03-19-2011, 02:18 PM
You are posting cards too fast! I can't follow the thread and create at the same time anymore :).

Linda4atc
03-19-2011, 02:21 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_Lucky_Marble_3-18-2011.jpg Lucky Marble available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_Lucky_to_have_Family_3-18-2011.jpg Lucky to have Family available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_Lucky_in_Love_3-18-2011.jpg Lucky in Love traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_Babies_are_Lucky_3-19-2011.jpg Babies are Lucky available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_Spring_Bonnet_Cat__3-19-2011.jpg Spring Bonnet Cat traded

I grabbed a baggie of unsrted images mostly from catalogs and magazines a few stray text pages a box of school type watercolor paints and my gel medium. So far I've made all these from that and what I had on my desk already.

Husbands waiting on me see ya all laters

Just Ducky
03-19-2011, 02:23 PM
have got some great fast active works showing up I see...
Helene love your rusty art... especially the hat...lol

Jo-go... you sure go gal with your paint brush... love them all
and Evelyn, great cards.. your kitty as great as the puppy you showed earlier...

ok... turning my back to this computer and making something... ????

oh had to do an EDIT... Hi Linda... thought you were playing with hubby ??? but glad to see your great cards...

Evalila
03-19-2011, 02:23 PM
You are posting cards too fast! I can't follow the thread and create at the same time anymore :).

Sorry, Sanna! Ill try to slow down :laugh: But it seems Im on a roll..... Wont have much time to play tomorrow.

sniisk
03-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Evelyn, I know I'll forget to say this later so I say it now: Have a wonderful vacation!

Helene
03-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote from Linda4ATC:
I grabbed a baggie of unsrted images mostly from catalogs and magazines a few stray text pages a box of school type watercolor paints and my gel medium. So far I've made all these from that and what I had on my desk already.

Boy...you are full of inspiration this morning and quick at that! great cards!

Helene
03-19-2011, 02:32 PM
oops...forgot this one:
67140Peace offering.

Evalila
03-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Thank you, Sanna! Im sure itll be great. Its not the first time we go there.

kentuckydakota
03-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Got a late start but will hopefully get a few things finished today. All I post are tradeable:cool:
longtail traded