PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Zombie Hand Drawn ATC Swap Due May 13th

Pages : 1 [2]

jazzie
05-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Russell,
I fully intended to be asking you for your address tonight but so far my attempts at making my celebrated ones have turned out to be flops. They just look like ordinary people and I haven't gotten past the drawing stage. Unless a miracle happens by Tuesday, I'm getting off the tour bus.

Russell
05-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry; I need to withdraw. :(

I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand.

Russell,
I fully intended to be asking you for your address tonight but so far my attempts at making my celebrated ones have turned out to be flops. They just look like ordinary people and I haven't gotten past the drawing stage. Unless a miracle happens by Tuesday, I'm getting off the tour bus.

Let's all hoep for that miracle!

Russell
05-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Wow! I had to work a long stretch and was s o busy I did not get to check the thread as much as I would have liked. Imagine my surprise to come back and find the conversation had turned to vaseline and miracles.

Cards did come in this weekend from Dina54, Lovefroud and Cardmama. It's starting to sound like a B-moive at my house with all the muffled zombie groans coming from the envelopes.

HotMamaRama
05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Cutting it close I know, but my Zombies are going postal today!

Here they are as a group.
Top row: Marilyn Manroe & Jack Black
Bottom row: Elvis and Frank-N-Furter

AnnD
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Hahahahaha! Jack Black!

*Swoons*

Ka-thud.

cairnlae
05-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Frankie!!

Russell
05-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Wonderful Celebrity Zombies Trina! Thanks for posting them to the thread.

Sharazoid
05-09-2011, 06:26 PM
So sad to say zombies have eaten my brain...must feed. No time for art....must feed...
(need to drop out. Sorry) So much great art in this swap!!!Kudos to all.

AnnD
05-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Come and knock on our door!
(Come and knock on our door!)
We will eat all your brains!
(We will eat all your brains!)
Where the carnage is hers and hers and his!
Three's Undead Company, too! *Bink*

cairnlae
05-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh...*runs around the room screaming*...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!

HotMamaRama
05-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I so totally loved that show back in the day! They're the best Ann! Hope I'm lucky enough to score one! ;) :swoon:

debs913
05-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Do you think the actual celebrities are looking to see if they've been zombified here? I know if I was a celebrity, I'd be looking and hoping to see me in this terrific exhibition!

CIndyjob
05-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh...*runs around the room screaming*...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!

*follows Cairnlae in circles* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH meeeeeeeeeee 2!

Russell
05-10-2011, 06:06 AM
*follows Cairnlae in circles* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH meeeeeeeeeee 2!

Joins the lineup! I especially love the Ropers!

Russell
05-10-2011, 06:11 AM
So sad to say zombies have eaten my brain...must feed. No time for art....must feed...
(need to drop out. Sorry) So much great art in this swap!!!Kudos to all.

So sorry to see you go Shara, but when your brains get eaten there's not a lot you can do.

Russell
05-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Vicious Poetry's cards are here! I'm still particularly fond of that Joan Rivers card.

Just a thought for this twisted group. I was thinking of revisiting the Secret Lives of Nuns and hosting a second version of that swap. Any interest/opinions from this group?

themuppet
05-10-2011, 07:35 AM
hahahahah ANN!! They're so awesome!!!

AnnD
05-10-2011, 10:37 AM
cairnlae, that was pretty much the best reaction in history! That made me laugh very hard! Now will you all slow down so I can get a picture?! You look adorable!

Russell, if you do another Nun swap, I'm definitely in!

Threshold90
05-10-2011, 11:36 AM
finished my last 2, I got Chuck Norris Zombie n Pee Wee Herman Zombie.... (dont hv my camera right now so no pics :( ) Sending out today.... ;)

themuppet
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah, and I totally forgot that I need to withdraw :( ONe of these days I'll finish one of your swaps, I swear!!

Russell
05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Muppet, I'm very sorry to see you go. I'll look forward to seeing you complete one of my swaps some day.

We are getting very close to the end of this swap peeps. It's been fun and I thank each of you (even those whose brains were eaten along the way) for making it so enjoyable!

dina54
05-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Just realized this swap ends on Friday the 13th....cool

Russell
05-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I thought it was appropriate.

wildholly
05-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Has anyone done Angelina Jolie in the movie Salt---That would have been a great zombie character in her new blonde do with the smashed eye.

AnnD
05-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Oooh! Good idea! We have been meaning to rent that . . .

Russell
05-11-2011, 04:54 PM
And the prize for largest postage stamp I have ever seen goes to... AnnD and her three inch by three inch stamp! AnnD's zombies came and knocked on my door today!

AnnD
05-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Yay! I have been waiting for just the right moment to use those ENORMOUS freaking postage stamps, and this seemed like the time.

Russell
05-12-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm sad to report that Jazzie's brain has been eaten by celebrity zombies. She withdrew from the swap, but I'm happy to report that we are much closer to swap time!

cairnlae
05-12-2011, 08:22 AM
man, these artists are dropping like zombie flies.:wideeyed:

Russell
05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Now I want to create a Zombi fly! Or maybe a zombie Jeff Goldblum as the fly!

themuppet
05-12-2011, 10:03 AM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070312181625/uncyclopedia/images/5/52/Jeff_goldblum_is_watching_you_poop.jpg

Threshold90
05-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Lol thats funny

AnnD
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
LMAO! That is fabulous!

I was just thinking last night that i need to crochet a zombie fly . . .

themuppet
05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh yeah and then in honor of this swap:

http://www.blogadilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zombie-jeff-goldblumsm.jpg

Teehee!

Ann... a zombie fly... I could cry. or die, or lie, or drink some rye. <3

Russell
05-12-2011, 11:21 AM
And my co-workers wonder why strange bursts of laughter come from my office periodically.

Threshold90
05-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Damn the raptors finally got him lmao

Russell
05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Cards in today from Cairnlae and AKMamaof2 (who's going to need to start calling herslef AZMamaof2)

cairnlae
05-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Cards in today from Cairnlae

YAHOOHY! Made it by thissssss much.

HotMamaRama
05-12-2011, 09:27 PM
So glad they made it in the nick of time!!!

And Someone recently mentioned to me that I should take a poll as to what my new name should be. I'm open to suggestions. ;)

cairnlae
05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
well I would agree that it could be as simple as a change from AK to AZ!

AnnD
05-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I think you know my vote, Trina.

HotMamaRama!

nanner
05-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Thing 1: Happy Zombie Friday the 13th and other Hoo-ha, peeps!

Thing 2: Jeff Goldblum is sexy hot. Now if Zombie Jeff were watching me poop Big Macs, then I'd have all my gross-outs in one tidy thread.

Thing 3: HotMamaRama gets my vote. You only live once, Trina. And, as your friends, it's our job to put you up to things. (Double dog dare you.) :D

Threshold90
05-13-2011, 04:38 PM
AK-47mamaof2, dont mess ;) mama down to kill zombies haha

HotMamaRama
05-13-2011, 10:49 PM
...Thing 2: Jeff Goldblum is sexy hot. Now if Zombie Jeff were watching me poop Big Macs, then I'd have all my gross-outs in one tidy thread.

Thing 3: HotMamaRama gets my vote. You only live once, Trina. And, as your friends, it's our job to put you up to things. (Double dog dare you.) :D

Thing 2: That just left a nasty taste in my mouth, but I get why.

Thing 3: AnnD has been calling me HotMamaRama for some time now that it does have a nice ring to it. :) And no doubt in another month, I WILL be roasting hot in the triple digits!!! But I say bring the heat cause this HotMamaRama has a plethera of Icy Cold Adult Beverages to keep me cool all summer long!!! :cool::elvis::cool:

AnnD
05-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Nice!

I want you to know that I can even justify this new name intellectually. Ready? A) You're hot; B) you have children; and C) rhyming is cool.

*Drops mic, walks off stage*

cairnlae
05-13-2011, 11:12 PM
*slow clap* well played Ann. well played.

AnnD
05-13-2011, 11:14 PM
cairnlae, have I mentioned that I have relatives in Greenville? You'd better be careful, because you seem so extremely cool that I might just demand a meeting next time I'm in town, which might (as it so happens) be on the weekend of June 17th.

HotMamaRama
05-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Ann - Have I told you lately that I love you!?!?! :D :D

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 12:17 AM
cairnlae, have I mentioned that I have relatives in Greenville? You'd better be careful, because you seem so extremely cool that I might just demand a meeting next time I'm in town, which might (as it so happens) be on the weekend of June 17th.

and that would fall dangerously close to my birthday...:D I think arrangements could be made.;)And no, I dont think you ever mentioned it before...how dare you hold out on me.

nanner
05-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Oh, I want IN on the Greenville Girl Love!

Tresh's "AK-47"....oh, that is an instant highlight to my day. Thanks for that! And you are in Perris (nanner reckons back to a teenage Lake date in a VW, ah memories!) We might have to find an art playdate of our own. A little dueling banjos....ATC style!

Russell
05-14-2011, 03:54 PM
I am happy to report that Threshold90's cards were in my mialbox yesterday and that swapping has commenced. (I was out of town yseterday and did not get home until late, but cards will go into the mail Monday morning).

Thanks again to every one of you for making this such a fun swap!

debs913
05-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Russell, if I were you I would be VERY afraid...all those zombies in your house just waiting for you to fall asleep. You can hear their little muffled voices from the envelopes

"brains......brains.....RUSSELL brains...."

LOL

Thanks for hosting this funnest of all swaps!

AnnD
05-14-2011, 05:45 PM
I got my returns today! (Oh, the benefits of living in the same city as the host!)

I was incredibly lucky to receive zombie Jack Black, zombie Laurel & Hardy, & zombie Andy Dick! Thank you to HotMamaRama, joeslines, and cairnlae, with thanks and smooches to our truly amazing host!

And P.S. cairnlae, I didn't mean to hold out on you. I was saving the information for exactly the right moment . . .

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 07:28 PM
And P.S. cairnlae, I didn't mean to hold out on you. I was saving the information for exactly the right moment . . .

the moment be here. I've already started cleaning the house. :cute: Didn't I see a NannerButt pop up ans something about wanting to come? Fat chance...she's all talk....:D

Threshold90
05-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Im glad they made it ;)

Russell
05-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I got my returns today! (Oh, the benefits of living in the same city as the host!)

And of having a field trip planned with the host the day after the swap ended.

Im glad they made it ;)

they were right on time!

All of the cards have been swapped and will be mailed tomorrow.

AnnD
05-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I've already started cleaning the house. :cute:

Good thing, cairnlae! I have a firm policy on clean houses. I am sure that's why my own is so very tidy.

*Rises from computer, trips on case full of screws, and lands on drill*

cairnlae
05-16-2011, 12:23 PM
try and keep yourself alive long enough to make it here, mmmmkay?

Lisa Marie
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Russell i am so sorry I am late. I will be mailing out to you my cards later today. I have one more to finish. I have a valid excuse...my mom has develpoed multiple pulmonary emboli after foot surgery. She is 79 and the recovery has been a bit more complicated then I expected. Sorry but my art was th elast thing on my mind during this difficult time...hope u understand. I will try to post them in the thread if i can!

lisa marie

Russell
05-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Russell i am so sorry I am late. I will be mailing out to you my cards later today. I have one more to finish. I have a valid excuse...my mom has develpoed multiple pulmonary emboli after foot surgery. She is 79 and the recovery has been a bit more complicated then I expected. Sorry but my art was th elast thing on my mind during this difficult time...hope u understand. I will try to post them in the thread if i can!

lisa marie

Don't worry about it. I completely understand. When a loved one has health issues it's pretty much all you can concentrate on.

Lovefroud
05-18-2011, 04:19 PM
I followed the bloody trail to my mailbox today and found my returns! yay! (I mean slurp, slurp....gnaw, gnaw..)
Thanks to : Threshold90 (I love gaga) and Cardmama and vicious poetry!

Much thanks goes to themuppet again for making me laugh "out loud" about poop for the 2nd day in a row! my 8 year old thinks poop and anything that rhymes with poop is the funniest thing in the world, I wish he knew who Jeff Goldblum was it would make his whole freakin year!

cairnlae
05-18-2011, 04:34 PM
My mailman obviously got attcked by zombies, cause he came stumbling up my sidewalk mumbling something about brains and Three's Company....I managed to grab the envelope out of his hand before slamming the door to his advances..something told me he was after my "mind" and not my body. His loss. I opened the envelope up and then.........................I ran around the house screaming......................................... .................I got a John Ritter Zombie card!!:notworthy:Keeping him "company"(haha I kill myself) were Snookie(how'd you peg me for a Jersey Shore watcher Russell-are you monitoring my guilty tv habits?) and Marilyn Monroe!!!Great cards..you did well!! Off to leave reps and ITrader!!

jazzie
05-18-2011, 05:35 PM
I found my watercolors today - if anyone hasn't gotten their fill of celebrity zombies, these will be available in my gallery.

CIndyjob
05-18-2011, 07:07 PM
I got zombie love from Cairnlae, Nannerpants and THEDina which filled me and my mailbox with brain munching happiness. Thank you for the fun swap Russel..you are the best.OF all.

Russell
05-18-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm happy to hear celebrity zombies are being sighted and enjoyed. This was definitely a fun swap to host.

Jazzy - thanks for sharing your zombies in the thread!

Cairnlae - you make me laugh too. I loved the Three's Company reference - almost A's clever as AnnD's cards!

HotMamaRama
05-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Zombilicous cards discovered in my mailbox last night! I can't believe I checked my mail at night - what was I thinking!?!? :wideeyed:
Love my: Buster Keaton - Joes Lines, Jay Leno - Wildholly, & Tyra Banks - Cairnlae

Off to leave reps!!!

Russell - love the Zombie Loving Swap!!! You ROCK MY SOCKS OFF!!!

AnnD
05-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Trina, I am just not accustomed to your getting returns so quickly! One, two, three . . . YAY FOR MOVING TO AZ!

joes lines
05-19-2011, 04:08 PM
My cards got here today - thanks to our awesome host and to AKmamaof2, Wildholly, and Dina54; Dina, I still owe you rep points, but I've got to spread some more love around first.

Russell, this was a great swap. Thanks for hosting!

esew123
05-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Thank you for my great cards: Artrageous, Joe's Lines, and Wildholly.

dina54
05-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Zombies are here!!! Thanks to cairnlae, CIndyjob & Russell :D

nanner
05-19-2011, 10:16 PM
I have to type quietly...or the zombie returns will find me and go to town on my delicious cerebellum...

The Dina's Poke Her Face (har!) is sheer perfection! lovefroud's Conan the Barbarian makes me weep! Oz artrageous's :elvis: loves nanner's brains, truly meant for ME!

I am beside myself with love over these incredible cards! THANK YOU everyone for these, and a swap full of awesome work!

Russell...WOW! Such a great swap. You are a superior host. I couldn't love your swaps more if I tried. Trying. Trying. TRYING!

Uh-oh....the zombie returns know where I am! Gotta go now or they'll...

Threshold90
05-20-2011, 03:35 AM
thanks to Russell for hosting, n thanks to goatgoddess, evalila, & duckduckgoose for their awesome cards!........mMmMmM......brains

wildholly
05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Russell..... a most incredible Zombiac of a host! thank you!

goatgoddess
05-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Thank you Russell for hosting - got mine a few days - what a FAB group of Zombies I have! What do you call a pack of Zombies? Anywho off to leave rep points for ESEW123, Artrageus, and AnnD :jiggy:

Russell
05-24-2011, 02:15 PM
I beleive a pack of zombies is called a hoard.

Evalila
05-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Zombies arrived at my house, too! Fab cards from deb913, Threshold90 and ViciousPoetry! Thank you, Russell, for hosting this fun swap! Off to leave points...

Russell
05-31-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm always relieved when the international cards make it to thier destination. Thanks for posting Evalila.

Sharazoid
06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Feeling sad that everyone is getting visitations by zombie hoards. None for me, since I had to quit this swap. Your nobody til a zombie loves you! Well, at least I ride the bus with the cool kids. This has been so much fun (even just lurking).

nanner
06-01-2011, 01:33 PM
You're nobody til a zombie loves you!

And THAT is how a new tagline is born.

I'm sure we can twist (off and gnaw) Russell's arm for a second celeb zombie horde one of these days. :D

cairnlae
06-01-2011, 02:30 PM
"zombiedy".